Syria: just enough of a strike not to be “mocked”

posted at 10:41 am on August 29, 2013 by Bruce McQuain

The Hill is reporting something that has to go down as perhaps one of the worst justification for limiting a military mission or making an unprovoked attack on another country the world has ever seen:

A U.S. official briefed on the military options being considered by President Obama told the Los Angeles Times that the White House is seeking a strike on Syria “just muscular enough not to get mocked.”

“They are looking at what is just enough to mean something, just enough to be more than symbolic,” the official told the paper, giving credence to similar reports describing a limited military strike in the aftermath of last week’s alleged chemical weapons attack.

NBC News reported earlier this week that the administration would launch three days of missile strikes, while CNN cited a senior administration official saying that the White House wanted to conclude any action before the president departs for the G-20 summit next week.

If, before now, you had any doubt about ego being involved in the Syria mission, you shouldn’t anymore.  This is all about the ego of one man.  And he’s willing to put the men and women of our armed forces in harm’s way in order to service that ego.

Quite simply he shot off his mouth and made a threat, those at whom he aimed his words ignored him and allegedly did what he warned them against, and now he has to back up his threat or look weak.   But, being the political beast he is, he knows a “Bill Clinton and the aspirin factory” sort of response will bring condemnation and mockery.  So he’s decided that he’ll just do enough to escape that sort of mocking condemnation but not enough to actually accomplish his stated goals.  Apparently he thinks he won’t look weak if he does just enough to give the illusion of a real and substantial strike while knowing full well it’s a drop in the bucket of what would really be militarily necessary to back  up his threat or accomplish his goal of deterrence and degradation of Syria’s chemical weapons capability.  I can’t imagine a more unserious approach to this problem than this sort of response portends.

Of course, the reason he’s in the position to begin with is because of his lack of leadership on the world’s stage.  He’s single-handedly managed to reduce the United States to a country that was at least feared and respected by our potential enemies to “paper tiger” status.  Any weakness perceived is a direct result of his inability or refusal to lead.  And now, as his favorite preacher would say, the “chickens are coming home to roost.”  The pity is he’s playing with the lives of members of our armed forces in order to try to look tough.

And besides, he has important things to do.  He has to party down with the G-20 and he wants this distraction with Assad and Syria over by then.  He certainly doesn’t want an active military strike going on when he shows up there.  Think of the protests.  His fragile ego simply isn’t geared to be the focus of angry, sign-waving crowds calling him names.  Don’t forget, he’s a Nobel Peace Prize winner.

~McQ

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3

If he shows up at the G-20, what will he do when everyone points and laughs at him?

I bet he won’t show up. I know I wouldn’t if I were him. I’d be too embarrassed.

/Mockage

Key West Reader on August 29, 2013 at 11:45 AM

A n archy

To hell with you
your democracy :
a sham
your elections :
a joke
your media :
a circus
your state :
an imposition.

I want to :

break free of the shackles of this ‘nation-state’, question its very idea, no longer be part of your broken state held together with indoctrination, suppression; caging us, numbing to the point of no-realisation; headed by a state so insecure- it needs no more than virtual mockery to scare it into a frenzy of arrests (of teenagers too, yes), so fragile- artistic criticism can send its structure crumbling; its sadism reflected in violent responses elicited by mere street protests, has become a way of life, blood-thirst so immense it doesn’t prick at its conscience to knock off a few heads, spill some blood (collateral damage, you see) to salvage its pitiful remains (oh! and to satisfy ‘collective consciousness’); it knows the “many ways of breaking a man”, your state; it traps us in a false-reality we are brainwashed into accepting, screws us repeatedly – hell, it sucks the life out of us! : bitter, sapless ‘realists’, knowing submission as the truth of life, preferring over rebelling, to keep our heads down and noses clean.
Now, arrest me….

Written by Arjumand…

Scrumpy on August 29, 2013 at 11:46 AM

If, before now, you had any doubt about ego being involved in the Syria mission, you shouldn’t anymore. This is all about the ego of one man. And he’s willing to put the men and women of our armed forces in harm’s way in order to service that ego.

Agreed. Some of us have been saying that all along. He will be mocked and already is. His thin skin won’t react well to it.

Does the use of missiles to avoid being embarrassed constitute insanity? Seriously. Wouldn’t someone need to be a full tilt nut case to order a missile strike to avoid looking stupid and weak?

Remember, no matter what he hits Assad will make sure it’s a daycare facility, school or hospital.

With Zero running things Assad may not have to fake it.

dogsoldier on August 29, 2013 at 11:47 AM

The fool on the Hill…

albill on August 29, 2013 at 11:47 AM

rectify that?

GarandFan on August 29, 2013 at 11:37 AM

Wasn’t that Reggie Love’s job?

coldwarrior on August 29, 2013 at 11:41 AM

Uber-Mockage. I like it!

Key West Reader on August 29, 2013 at 11:47 AM

Oh dear, I have alerted the censors here… oopsie!!

What? It was about mockery? Oh I used the ‘A’ word… :)

Scrumpy on August 29, 2013 at 11:48 AM

Rush is going to spend three hours mocking this guy today.

beatcanvas on August 29, 2013 at 11:49 AM

Bowing my head and keeping my ‘nose’ clean…

Slinks off to the corner…

Scrumpy on August 29, 2013 at 11:49 AM

/Mockage

Key West Reader on August 29, 2013 at 11:45 AM

Omocka

VegasRick on August 29, 2013 at 11:50 AM

Too late ‘bambi. You’re being mocked now, the only thing up for discussion now is how much bigger is Hillary’s than yours.

TulsAmerican on August 29, 2013 at 11:51 AM

I’ll go back to my earlier point that Hollande, Cameron and Obama will be using deflection for their earlier foolish, reckless and ill-advised remarks.

Hollande is backing off.

Cameron just shoveled the decision back on Parliament by saying “doing nothing is a choice with consequences”.

Mr. Obama can’t be far behind in the blame game.

Marcus Traianus on August 29, 2013 at 11:51 AM

At the next G-20…

Hmmm, the possibilities?

“Bunny ears” on Obama when they take the group picture?

Maybe one of the world leaders handing Obama an empty glass with a taut, “There’s a good man, be sharp and refresh my drink, what.” might do the trick.

Or maybe sending an invite for the G-20 to be there on Thursday, but start the meetings on Monday?

Or, everybody, except for Barry, wearing Obama masks for the group photo?

coldwarrior on August 29, 2013 at 11:52 AM

So WWIII will be started over this shallow jerk’s ego?

Can’t think of anything more worthy for millions of people to give their lives.

Oxymoron on August 29, 2013 at 11:52 AM

/Mockage

Key West Reader on August 29, 2013 at 11:45 AM

I’d like seeing him disinvited if he attacks Syria. But because Britain and France are willing to punish Assad to the last American, I doubt that would happen.

Liam on August 29, 2013 at 11:52 AM

Syrian rebels used Sarin nerve gas, not Assad’s regime: U.N. official
By Shaun Waterman The Washington Times Monday, May 6, 2013

So why didn’t we bomb the rebels?

Akzed on August 29, 2013 at 11:52 AM

Bowing my head and keeping my ‘nose’ clean…

Slinks off to the corner…

Scrumpy on August 29, 2013 at 11:49 AM

Don’t take the AutoCensor personally – it knows neither context nor author.

Steve Eggleston on August 29, 2013 at 11:53 AM

So why didn’t we bomb the rebels?

Akzed on August 29, 2013 at 11:52 AM

Omocks’s buddies.

VegasRick on August 29, 2013 at 11:55 AM

/Mockage

Key West Reader on August 29, 2013 at 11:45 AM

Omocka

VegasRick on August 29, 2013 at 11:50 AM

LMAO! The great and powerful Omocka.

Reminds me of LadyinGray – she used to call him Obaka… I miss her.

Key West Reader on August 29, 2013 at 11:56 AM

Rush is going to spend three hours mocking this guy today.

beatcanvas on August 29, 2013 at 11:49 AM

He’s gonna have a field day with this one.

CurtZHP on August 29, 2013 at 11:57 AM

Many people are underestimating the very fluid dynamics here.

Marcus Traianus on August 29, 2013 at 11:39 AM

I watched part 2 of the “Churchill” bio on PBS last night, showing him bombing the French fleet, killing nearly 1300 French sailors, to keep it out of German hands. Tough decision.

The other nations’ take on Obama now probably is, we can do anything militarily, and Obama is too afraid to respond with strength. He’ll lob in a few cruises missiles, maybe.

Paul-Cincy on August 29, 2013 at 11:57 AM

“The only thing we have to fear, is fear itself…”

“Ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country.”

“Mr. Gorbachev, tear. down. this. wall.”

Inspirational.

The stuff of patriots.

“Don’t call my bluff!”

“Don’t mock me, bro.”

“If you like your doctor, you can keep your doctor…”

Not even close.

coldwarrior on August 29, 2013 at 11:57 AM

And it doesn’t help that we have a Secretary of State that is as big of an egotist and dumba** as Obama is. Between the two of them they are going to start WW III at the rate they are going.

Susanboo on August 29, 2013 at 11:58 AM

Obama has made the US a disgrace to the world with this Syria fiasco. The US used to lead and now it is a weak follower

HAGGS99 on August 29, 2013 at 11:59 AM

Lets face it, if you aren’t mocking this doofus you are as clueless as the Swedish leftists who bestowed the Nobel.

Lonetown on August 29, 2013 at 12:00 PM

The MB,al Qaeda and the rest of the barbairans are laughing their rears off at our gullible, wussy fool of a president.

President Pantywaist, indeed.

kingsjester on August 29, 2013 at 12:01 PM

Obama’s going to lose it at the G20: “I’m smart, I can do stuff, not dumb like everyone says, and I want RESPECT!!”

slickwillie2001 on August 29, 2013 at 12:02 PM

“The only thing we have to fear, is fear itself…”

“Mr. Gorbachev, tear. down. this. wall.”

coldwarrior on August 29, 2013 at 11:57 AM

Churchill: “We shall defend our island, whatever the cost may be, we shall fight on the beaches, we shall fight on the landing grounds, we shall fight in the fields and in the streets, we shall fight in the hills …”

Bush I: This will not stand, this aggression against Kuwait.

“If I had a son, he’d look like Trayvon”.

“The police acted stupidly”

Those are the two quotes Obama will most be remembered for.

Snivelling little race baiter. A small man.

Paul-Cincy on August 29, 2013 at 12:05 PM

Susanboo on August 29, 2013 at 11:58 AM

I think that’s the goal here. Valerie Jarrett, the Iranian is the real POTUS. Not Omocka. He’s just a clown in mom jeans that throws like a girlie girl.

Key West Reader on August 29, 2013 at 12:05 PM

Omocka at the G-20…

“I just want to say, in response to some folks sayin’ I don’t have the brain of an ice cube. Well, you are wrong. Couldn’t be more wrong. Let me make it clear. I do. I do have the brain of an ice cube.”

coldwarrior on August 29, 2013 at 12:06 PM

If Scooter keeps on getting all this blowback about bombing Syria, he’s going to have a publically-televised Presidential Temper Tantrum, like he did after Gun Control was voted down.

It will not be pretty, but, it will be entertaining.

kingsjester on August 29, 2013 at 12:06 PM

I have a great idea!
Let’s take all of the striking fast food ‘workers’, pay them $15 an hour and send them to fight for their master in Syria!

maryo on August 29, 2013 at 12:06 PM

Out/ wacko birds

In/ mocking birds

antipc on August 29, 2013 at 12:08 PM

I’m sure this strikes total fear into the hearts of our enemies

/You’d better FEAR him. Do not MOCK him. Or you’ll make him cry.

Key West Reader on August 29, 2013 at 12:08 PM

If Obamass gets his way, he will accomplish a twofer. He will look like a big strong man in his own eyes, AND he will cause Israel to suffer destruction.
I bet Valerie is already planning the party they will have after his amazing show of strength.

maryo on August 29, 2013 at 12:10 PM

“Just tell me whose ass to kick!”

Take off the bike helmet first, Scooter.

Bishop on August 29, 2013 at 12:14 PM

Out/ wacko birds

In/ mocking birds

antipc on August 29, 2013 at 12:08 PM

Haha!!! Good one!

Key West Reader on August 29, 2013 at 12:14 PM

Steve Eggleston on August 29, 2013 at 11:53 AM

Huh as if I slinked off, well to other threads ;)

Back now buahhhhahahaha!!

Scrumpy on August 29, 2013 at 12:15 PM

#HeWhoShallNotBeMocked

kingsjester on August 29, 2013 at 12:16 PM

Lets face it, if you aren’t mocking this doofus you are as clueless as the Swedish Norewgian leftists who bestowed the Nobel.

Lonetown on August 29, 2013 at 12:00 PM

While Alfred Nobel was Swedish and the other Nobel prizes are awarded by Swedish organizations, the Peace Prize is awarded by the Norwegians.

Steve Eggleston on August 29, 2013 at 12:17 PM

#HeWhoShallNotBeMocked

kingsjester on August 29, 2013 at 12:16 PM

I hope Twitchy picks that up!

Key West Reader on August 29, 2013 at 12:17 PM

Obama makes a mockery of mockery!

Scrumpy on August 29, 2013 at 12:18 PM

Russia sending War Ships to counter US

Now there’s some serious mockage from the “bored kid in the class” a/k/a Putin.

/Take the keys away from ValJarBama. Do it quickly, please.

Key West Reader on August 29, 2013 at 12:23 PM

The ineptness, irresponsibility,and downright criminality, as well as the anti-Constitutional power-grabbing by the Obysmal administration is beyond excusing. The American people deserve to have a leader who is interested in more than his own ego.

If the Boy Wonder is conferring with “congressional leaders” such as McCain or Graham to give him the green light, he is merely proving cover for himself.

onlineanalyst on August 29, 2013 at 12:24 PM

The G-20 representatives should all wear rodeo-clown masks during the meetings.

onlineanalyst on August 29, 2013 at 12:25 PM

Bark is off to the G-20 on Tuesday, the strikes will begin tonight.

Bishop on August 29, 2013 at 12:28 PM

I hope the strike is big enough so people here stop mocking Obama.

Paul-Cincy on August 29, 2013 at 12:29 PM

Bark is off to the G-20 on Tuesday, the strikes will begin tonight.

Bishop on August 29, 2013 at 12:28 PM

He does seem to exhibit consistency when he uses unilateral military force, ala Benghazi. Hit and run. Typical behavior of a coward with a huge ego and tiny…. brain.

Key West Reader on August 29, 2013 at 12:29 PM

#HeWhoShallNotBeMocked

kingsjester on August 29, 2013 at 12:16 PM

I hope Twitchy picks that up!

Key West Reader on August 29, 2013 at 12:17 PM

Get Iowahawk to pick it up. It’s right up his alley.

I would help, but I departed Twitter a few months ago.

Steve Eggleston on August 29, 2013 at 12:31 PM

I hope the strike is big enough so people here stop mocking Obama.

Paul-Cincy on August 29, 2013 at 12:29 PM

I’ll quote you odds on that. How much money do you have?

Steve Eggleston on August 29, 2013 at 12:32 PM

I hope the strike is big enough so people here stop mocking Obama.

Paul-Cincy on August 29, 2013 at 12:29 PM

I’ll quote you odds on that. How much money do you have?

Steve Eggleston on August 29, 2013 at 12:32 PM

This is Obamaland. Do you accept EBT?

/MockMockMock

Key West Reader on August 29, 2013 at 12:37 PM

Steve Eggleston on August 29, 2013 at 12:31 PM

I just tweeted this to @IowahawkBlog:

” Well, we kinda, sorta, think that Assad launched that chemical attack” #HeWhoShallNotBeMocked

kingsjester on August 29, 2013 at 12:37 PM

That reminds me of one of the “sponsors” for The Ed Morrissey Show (at least when he’s not on AM1280 The Patriot like he is again tomorrow) – ObamiPizza, Chicago’s only thin crust.

Steve Eggleston on August 29, 2013 at 11:02 AM

That reminds me of the radio ads for AlJazeera America running on our local, generally conservative-libertarian FM talk-radion station.

onlineanalyst on August 29, 2013 at 12:37 PM

This is Obamaland. Do you accept EBT?

/MockMockMock

Key West Reader on August 29, 2013 at 12:37 PM

Cash or precious metals only :-)

Steve Eggleston on August 29, 2013 at 12:38 PM

Teh One is just like the town slut who’s worried about her reputation suddenly finding out she’s the last one to learn that everyone else already knows.

antipc on August 29, 2013 at 12:41 PM

If Obama had a son, he’d be wearing jeans like these Not those tough azz Mom Jeans(TM)

/Mock Mock Mock.

Key West Reader on August 29, 2013 at 12:42 PM

Bark is off to the G-20 on Tuesday, the strikes will begin tonight.

Bishop on August 29, 2013 at 12:28 PM

Cool!!

Meanwhile, back at the ranch….

ToddPA on August 29, 2013 at 12:43 PM

ALL liberals are insecure nerds harboring fears and resentments from when they were picked on in the high school cafeteria. None are normally developed adults.

Every argument they make is the same argument a teenage child would make.

They are the definition of arrested development and these man children that suffer from a maturity deficit should not even be allowed to vote.

ClassicCon on August 29, 2013 at 12:43 PM

Steve Eggleston on August 29, 2013 at 12:31 PM

I just tweeted this to @IowahawkBlog:

kingsjester on August 29, 2013 at 12:37 PM

Awesome!! I hope Ace gets in on it too… then it’ll def get onto Twitchy. Made my day!

Key West Reader on August 29, 2013 at 12:44 PM

This is all about the ego of one man.

um, I think there’s more than one man with the ego. It’s the people pulling Obama’s strings.

now he has to back up his threat or look weak

um, so he doesn’t already look weak ???

williampeck1958 on August 29, 2013 at 12:47 PM

Key West Reader on August 29, 2013 at 12:44 PM

I just tweeted it to @AceofSpadesHQ, also, ma’am.:)

kingsjester on August 29, 2013 at 12:48 PM

Akzed on August 29, 2013 at 11:52 AM

Let’s take a look at that link – 2nd paragraph….

Carla del Ponte, a member of the U.N. Independent International Commission of Inquiry on Syria, told Swiss TV there were “strong, concrete suspicions but not yet incontrovertible proof,” that rebels seeking to oust Syrian strongman Bashar al-Assad had used the nerve agent.

Strong, concrete suspicions but not yet incontrovertible proof….that becomes the definitive statement that Syrian rebels used sarin nerve gas?

The thing is – the United Nations was forced to walk back the comments from this UN official. Nor was this the first time that she irresponsibly pushed rumor and speculation as fact – that ultimately had to be walked back.

This looks very much like someone is reaching to build their case to fit a preconceived conclusion rather than letting the evidence and facts take one to a conclusion.

Athos on August 29, 2013 at 12:52 PM

My Mock-O-Meter is already pegged at 10!

The only thing I can add is that Mr. Obama is putting our military and innocent Syrian civilians in harm’s way in an attempt not to look di*kless. Too late dear fellow. Your inadequacies are universally known

Mason on August 29, 2013 at 1:10 PM

“I will not be mocked.”

Hey Prez! Your dog blows bubblegum!

itsspideyman on August 29, 2013 at 1:11 PM

Key West Reader on August 29, 2013 at 12:44 PM

I just tweeted it to @AceofSpadesHQ, also, ma’am.:)

kingsjester on August 29, 2013 at 12:48 PM

Awesome!!!

Key West Reader on August 29, 2013 at 1:12 PM

My Mock-O-Meter is already pegged at 10!

Mason on August 29, 2013 at 1:10 PM

When I have a brand new hairdo
With my eyelashes all in curl,
I float as the clouds on air do,
I enjoy being a girl!

Key West Reader on August 29, 2013 at 1:17 PM

So…a man who admits that he will take the lives of others for the sake of his ego is in charge of the largest destructive force in the world.

Wow.

James on August 29, 2013 at 1:17 PM

President Barry “McFly” Obammy is afraid someone might call him chicken. So he is launching a pre-emptive strike to send Assad a “message” and head that off.

As ridiculous as this sounds, this is the level the Comrade O is now operating on.

He dared Assad to use chemical weapons. Assad did. And now he must do something or look like a chicken.

If that means starting a war with Assad, so be it.

And Dear Leader don’t need no stinkin’ approval from Congress or the UN to do it. After all, France says it’s okay. And that’s all that really matters, right?

farsighted on August 29, 2013 at 1:17 PM

kingsjester on August 29, 2013 at 12:48 PM

Can you include a gif of the malkovich snl skit? I don’t do twitter.

MontanaMmmm on August 29, 2013 at 1:18 PM

Rodeo clown.

kcewa on August 29, 2013 at 1:20 PM

Target: Achmeds Used Camel Sales

BobMbx on August 29, 2013 at 1:25 PM

Quite simply he shot off his mouth and made a threat, those at whom he aimed his words ignored him and allegedly did what he warned them against, and now he has to back up his threat or look weak. But, being the political beast he is, he knows a “Bill Clinton and the aspirin factory” sort of response will bring condemnation and mockery.

..Bruce, I am not familiar with your CV or background, but I want to say that it is exceedingly wonderful how you serve up the red meat rhetoric! The thrill is back in Hot Air commentary!

You just made me a fan!

The War Planner on August 29, 2013 at 1:27 PM

Looks like this rhetorical boomerang he chucked a few months back with the notorious “Red Line” speech has now come full circle and hit him square in the head. Conversely, he’s got some chickens coming home to roost.

Helluva position to be in right now. What if someone ends up dead?

ted c on August 29, 2013 at 1:32 PM

I am going to destroy some Syrian milk factories until I have my credibility fully restored–or–the G20 meeting starts, whichever comes first.

ted c on August 29, 2013 at 1:34 PM

Reminds me of LadyinGray – she used to call him Obaka… I miss her.

Key West Reader on August 29, 2013 at 11:56 AM

ladyingray was just recently discharged from a mental health facility. I believe she’ll be back here soon :)

DarkCurrent on August 29, 2013 at 1:41 PM

Assad should don an Obama mask…..

ted c on August 29, 2013 at 1:42 PM

Key West Reader on August 29, 2013 at 1:17 PM

Flower Drum Song…one of my all time favorite musicals.

The photo? Robust, tough, manly sort?

Talk about low-T syndrome.

coldwarrior on August 29, 2013 at 1:52 PM

I call him obaka. No caps. ;)

ladyingray on August 29, 2013 at 1:56 PM

This was a plot for a Marx Brothers movie, Duck Soup. It could be where BHO got the idea.

Deafdog on August 29, 2013 at 2:04 PM

Are you a Mod, or a Rocker?
I’m a Mocker!

birdwatcher on August 29, 2013 at 2:04 PM

The thin skins on the left can dish it out, but they sure as heck can’t take it.

birdwatcher on August 29, 2013 at 2:07 PM

…to avoid mocking…

Seems so very, French.

socalcon on August 29, 2013 at 2:07 PM

If Obama had a son, he would look like Neville Chamberlain.

birdwatcher on August 29, 2013 at 2:10 PM

/Mockage

Key West Reader on August 29, 2013 at 11:45 AM

He is already the laughing stock of the entire planet. Only his super-inflated ego didn’t get the memo, hence this ill-advised, mock intervention in Syria. He doesn’t get it that nobody cares anymore about his half-a..s futile gestures. Even li’l puffin Cameron is now backing down, having realized the farce that this all is.

jimver on August 29, 2013 at 2:11 PM

If Obama had a son, it would be hell week on the play ground.

APACHEWHOKNOWS on August 29, 2013 at 2:13 PM

James on August 29, 2013 at 1:17 PM

Yep, in a nuthsell. This is what you get when half the electorate of a country is stupid (or beyond that), which is not known to be a fixable condition.

jimver on August 29, 2013 at 2:17 PM

It’s much worse than that. In Libya, America accepted what amounted to Muammar Gaddafi’s surrender, shook his hand, resolved all outstanding issues, and then later attacked and killed him anyway. What that means is, you cannot afford to back down to Barack Hussein Obama, because he’s a back-stabber.

Every king and dictator in the Middle East understands that. They all want to cling to power, and they’re thinking about how to do it. Now that they can all see that cooperating with America is not the way to do it, it doesn’t matter how many semi-symbolic strikes America launches, the bottom line for Middle Eastern rulers will still be: “I’m not going to end up like Muammar Gaddafi”.

Without the credible promise not to attack if you’re appeased, you’ve got nothing, diplomatically. You’re just a mad dog.

David Blue on August 29, 2013 at 2:20 PM

It seems to me that somebody is eventually going to get pissed off at our lethal meddling – and come over here and do something about it.

John_G on August 29, 2013 at 2:20 PM

He is already the laughing stock of the entire planet.

Which given his thin-skin must really have his panties all twisted up.

Athos on August 29, 2013 at 2:22 PM

Maybe a 1960′s circa missile or two, or a catapult, filled with laughing gas ought to cover his butt.
Meantime, he’s after our guns again…..we honest citizens whom he considers his real enemies?

Don L on August 29, 2013 at 2:36 PM

Bruce McQ writes:

The paper tiger that meows.

Paul-Cincy on August 29, 2013 at 2:41 PM

jimver on August 29, 2013 at 2:17 PM

That’s something Congress is supposed to mitigate. At least, that was the theory not so long ago.

ZenDraken on August 29, 2013 at 2:43 PM

Steve Eggleston on August 29, 2013 at 12:31 PM

I just tweeted this to @IowahawkBlog:

” Well, we kinda, sorta, think that Assad launched

I’m angling for #MockIntervention right now.

Because that’s what Obama wants to do – a mock intervention.

Because that’s what we need to do to stop him – an intervention that mock’s him.

Let’s make it happen.

BKennedy on August 29, 2013 at 2:47 PM

Must suck when your ego is too big for your job, Barry.

Seems more like a petulant boy stomping his feet after being caught in a compromising situation with the pet dog.

ProfShadow on August 29, 2013 at 2:59 PM

A U.S. official briefed on the military options being considered by President Obama told the Los Angeles Times that the White House is seeking a strike on Syria “just muscular enough not to get mocked.”

It just occurred to me that Obama is acting just like the lil’ Kim Nork dictator. Having a temper tantrum with missiles…. how else could you describe it?

ted c on August 29, 2013 at 3:06 PM

ZenDraken on August 29, 2013 at 2:43 PM

No longer en vogue this theory apparently, he by-passes the Congress when he pleases…

jimver on August 29, 2013 at 3:10 PM

Nearly 200 comments and no trolls. That’s a shame.

CurtZHP on August 29, 2013 at 3:31 PM

No military person should take any orders from Obama. The top ranking officers should inform Obama that they won’t follows his orders to waste money and lives for the sake of his arrogance.

BillCarson on August 29, 2013 at 3:39 PM

I posted the latest from Reuters in the other thread and now there is a “Not a slam dunk” headline thread.

A report by the Office of the Director for National Intelligence outlining that evidence against Syria includes a few key caveats — including acknowledging that the U.S. intelligence community no longer has the certainty it did six months ago of where the regime’s chemical weapons are stored, nor does it have proof Assad ordered chemical weapons use, according to two intelligence officials and two more U.S. officials.

As I posted to the headline this translates to, “We have no effing idea what’s going on in Syria.”

And Obozo is saying he’s concluded. So he’s going to fire some missiles even if they have no idea who is responsible. Zero is conducting a big pow wow tonight over this.

Congress needs to step up and threaten to impeach him.

Are these the actions of a sane person?

dogsoldier on August 29, 2013 at 3:55 PM