Colin Powell manages to miss again

posted at 8:41 am on August 26, 2013 by Jazz Shaw

Some of us (and I say “us” for obvious reasons) will be disappointed. Many others of you won’t be surprised in the least. But no matter which way you spin it, Colin Powell took another turn around the weekend cable shows and continued his long tradition of making sure he disappoints somebody whenever they trot him out. Of course, this is probably why the media loves to have him on. First up, he’s just not so crazy about any voter ID laws, you know?

Former Secretary of State Colin Powell on Sunday predicted that Republican attempts to pass voter ID laws would “backfire” by energizing minorities to vote them out of office.

Powell took aim at efforts on the state legislature level to require that people show photo identification to vote.

“These kinds of procedures that are being put in place to slow the process down and make it likely that fewer Hispanics and African Americans might vote I think are going to backfire, because these people are going to come out and do what they have to to vote, and I encourage that,” Powell said on CBS’s “Face the Nation.”

If that wasn’t enough, rather than just sticking pins in ballot integrity, he seemed to feel that he needed a little icing on the cake, so we have this gem.

Former Secretary of State Colin Powell called the jury verdict that cleared the killer of Florida teenager Trayvon Martin “questionable” and urged President Barack Obama to speak more on issues of race during an interview that aired Sunday…

Asked about the Martin killing, Powell questioned its impact on the civil rights discourse. A Florida jury found George Zimmerman acted in self-defense and acquitted him during a criminal trial.

“I think that it will be seen as a questionable judgment on the part of the judicial system down there, but I don’t know if it will have staying power,” Powell said. “These cases come along and they blaze across the midnight sky and then after a period of time, they’re forgotten.”

That doesn’t mean Obama should keep silent, though, Powell said.

Powell is a moderate, so I don’t expect him to please the entire base on every single issue. (And he does still get a lot of things right on defense and taxes, just for two examples.) But he could put in a bit more of an effort to buck up the team a little. We’re not even that close to an election, and I don’t think he’s got a new book coming out… why go on tour now? Or if he does, why not stick to topics like Syria and Egypt? He had some worthwhile things to add on that front.

I don’t have much else to add. Just a little something to start off your Monday morning.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3 4

Where is all the ID fraud? There just isn’t any.

Every Vote Counts, But Some Votes Count More Than Others…Especially If They Are Cast For Democrats

Ohio Woman Votes for Obama 8 Times and admits it (later convicted)
Nun pleads guilty to voter fraud; escapes prison
I could go on and on…

The poll worker and activist then went back and forth over how a photo ID wasn’t necessary to obtain Attorney General Holder’s ballot.

Poll worker: “You don’t need it; it’s alright.”

Activist: “I left it in the car.”

Poll worker: “As long as you’re in here, and you’re on our list and that’s who you say you are, we’re okay.”

Man: “I would feel more comfortable if I go get my ID, is it alright if I go get it?”

Poll worker: “Sure, go ahead.”

Man: “I’ll be back faster than you can say furious!”

Poll worker: “We’re not going anywhere.”

The activist never ended up accepting Holder’s ballot, despite the poll worker offering it to him. Even so, the video shows just how easy it is for someone to claim they’re somebody else, obtain that other person’s ballot and effectively disenfranchise them by stealing their vote — all because there are no federal voter ID laws. D.C. falls under federal jurisdiction when it comes to voting laws.

Again, I could go on…

But, know this, voter fraud works both ways. Republicans AND Democrats do it and every instance of voter fraud disenfranchises another voter.

If you want one, solid, concrete example of voter fraud having an ironclad impact on elections, then look no further than the 2008 Minnesota Senate race between Norm Coleman and Al Franken.

When the initial count was completed on 18 November, Franken was trailing Coleman by 215 votes. This close margin triggered a mandatory recount. After reviewing ballots that had been challenged during the recount and counting 953 wrongly rejected absentee ballots, the State Canvassing Board officially certified the recount results with Franken holding a 225-vote lead.

On 6 January 2009, Coleman’s campaign filed an election contest and on 13 April, a three-judge panel dismissed Coleman’s Notice of Contest and ruled that Franken had won the election by 312 votes. Coleman’s appeal of the panel’s decision to the Minnesota Supreme Court was unanimously rejected on June 30, and he conceded the election. Al Franken was sworn in as the junior Senator from Minnesota on 7 July 2009.

I won’t even go into the ballots ‘miraculously’ found in trunks of cars because they are unnecessary.

Franken is said to have won the election by 312 votes, but 1,099 ineligible, convicted felons voted in that election.

Franken wouldn’t have won without the votes of convicted felons and Obama wouldn’t have had the 60th vote for cloture even before the shenanigans to delay Scott ‘The 41st Vote’ Brown’s seating.

No Franken; No Obamacare.

Oh, and, if you want a case of a black man systemically oppressing the votes of white people, look no further than Ike Brown, the head of the NAACP, in Noxubee County, Mississippi, who was convicted and had his conviction upheld by the 5th Circuit Court of Appeals.

Resist We Much on August 26, 2013 at 1:20 PM

My point is that these efforts are designed to make it harder to vote – not to make it harder to vote fraudulently.

verbaluce on August 26, 2013 at 12:58 PM

Well, that’s an abjectly f*cking ignorant point, but not unexpected, considering the source.

Midas on August 26, 2013 at 1:20 PM

verbaluce on August 26, 2013 at 12:52 PM

No it’s not. People ineligible should not be voting once, let a lone multiple times. And every year I have to listen to the idiots say that any sign of a police car is voter discrimination. As if the police go in and snatch voters out of line. A poll worker in Ohio just went to jail for voting multiple times. If I thought someone was trying to keep me from voting, instead of whining, I would do everything I was required to do, like I already do.

Cindy Munford on August 26, 2013 at 1:20 PM

Just for you, gnatty verbie.

Plus, it’s a matter of the law.

All who are eligible should be encouraged to vote.

None who are not eligible should be allowed to vote. I don’t give a damn about anyone’s hue, background or politics.

A photo ID doesn’t make anyone eligible to vote, fools. It only proves that they person is the person, if said ID has name, address and photo correct.

Only a birth certificate, passport or naturalization certificate are 3 examples of legitimate voting IDs.

The entire topic is wanting. Both parties are culpable in this regard.

Schadenfreude on August 26, 2013 at 1:20 PM

Powell is NOT a moderate. He’s a RINO, but even RINO isn’t a strong enough description. I don’t know why he just doesn’t switch parties…it’s ok, I’m sure there’s other Democrats out there that can balance checkbooks too. This jerk is responsible for our not finishing Saddam the first time, he started getting wobbly after we did “Ambush Alley” in 1991. Go figure, a combat arms general horrified by the effects of combat arms. There is a good caricature of him in Mars Attacks.

Worst of all, he’s got limp dead fish hand shake.

John_G on August 26, 2013 at 12:48 PM

He doesn’t switch parties because he only has value to the liberal media as a nominal Republican.

slickwillie2001 on August 26, 2013 at 1:21 PM

your argument boils down to “people who are going to vote democrat are too stupid and lazy to (1) register to vote like they are supposed to and (2) go to the polls so we have to have special conditions to get them to vote”

Hardly a winning message.

Monkeytoe on August 26, 2013 at 1:03 PM

Your take-a-way isn’t my message.

verbaluce on August 26, 2013 at 1:22 PM

Students attending college not in their home states should not be voting at their college but at home. Now if you want to make that easier for them, swell, but just make sure the military gets all the same benefits.

Cindy Munford on August 26, 2013 at 1:23 PM

To clarify

A driver’s lic. photo ID doesn’t make anyone eligible to vote.

Lord knows that they can be bought for 5 bucks, just about anywhere.

Schadenfreude on August 26, 2013 at 1:25 PM

verbaluce on August 26, 2013 at 12:58 PM

Sort of like the random searches by the TSA make it harder to fly but not harder to fly with a bomb in your underwear?

Cindy Munford on August 26, 2013 at 1:26 PM

slickwillie2001 on August 26, 2013 at 1:21 PM

Not only that – under a Cruz presidency he’d claim to be ‘valuable’ to the other side, again. He is a harlot of the first degree, a man without convictions and a soul. Plus, don’t forget that his wife is a flaming leftist.

Schadenfreude on August 26, 2013 at 1:26 PM

verbaluce on August 26, 2013 at 12:58 PM

Makes it harder for me to vote as well. I am not complaining.
Why are you ?

Jabberwock on August 26, 2013 at 1:27 PM

NC’s Fountain of Youth: Hundreds of 112 year-olds voting in the Tarheel State

But hey. It’s not fraud.

BigAlSouth on August 26, 2013 at 1:27 PM

Speaking of harlots, here is Karl Rove, promoting obama’care’.

Schadenfreude on August 26, 2013 at 12:00 PM

Some times when you don’t watch the video – which mocks Obamacare and the young idiots who support it – you get things backwards. As you did in this case.

Basilsbest on August 26, 2013 at 1:27 PM

Where is all the ID fraud? There just isn’t any.

Ohio Woman Votes for Obama 8 Times and admits it (later convicted)
Nun pleads guilty to voter fraud; escapes prison
I could go on and on…

Poll worker: “You don’t need it; it’s alright.”

Activist: “I left it in the car.”

Poll worker: “Sure, go ahead.”

Man: “I’ll be back faster than you can say furious!”

Poll worker: “We’re not going anywhere.”

Resist We Much on August 26, 2013 at 1:27 PM

Again, I could go on…

No Franken; No Obamacare.

Resist We Much on August 26, 2013 at 1:27 PM

Cindy Munford on August 26, 2013 at 1:23 PM

Now the NSA and IRS have you pegged.

Schadenfreude on August 26, 2013 at 1:28 PM

Schadenfreude on August 26, 2013 at 1:20 PM

A gnat of an example – as will be any/all you find.
Please don’t try an argue that there is significant abuse at all.
Even monkeytoe ‘doubts it rises to the level of 1%’.
And that’s an extreme overreach of an estimate.

verbaluce on August 26, 2013 at 1:28 PM

Some of us will be disappointed.

Powell is a moderate

Huh? Powell pretty much delivers exactly what any thinking person expects from him – he is a raging obama-liberal (and, in recent years, a career racist) and dutifully delivers the obama-liberal message every time he opens his mouth. I’m not sure why anyone would be “disappointed” – repulsed yes, disappointed, no.

Pork-Chop on August 26, 2013 at 1:28 PM

Basilsbest on August 26, 2013 at 1:27 PM

You missed my next comment, alas.

Schadenfreude on August 26, 2013 at 1:29 PM

LFoD and UE having been beat soundly, verbaluce now has to weigh in.

You’re dancin’ with a bevy of harlots if you join this chorus line.
Think for yourself sometimes.

verbaluce on August 26, 2013 at 12:41 PM

This is really rich coming from you. I’d say something like “Pot, meet kettle” but you’d probably call me a racist.

GWB on August 26, 2013 at 1:29 PM

verbaluce on August 26, 2013 at 1:28 PM

One is too many. I can give you many, all day.

I want all who are legally eligible to vote to be encouraged to vote.

I want none who are illegal to vote. Period.

Schadenfreude on August 26, 2013 at 1:30 PM

And, I hereby challenge Colin Powell to a debate on the facts and the law.

He can pick the time and place.

I’ll choose Alan Dershowitz as the moderator.

Resist We Much on August 26, 2013 at 11:19 AM

WOOHOO, time to pop the popcorn!

Who’s holding the bets – I’ve got some cash here to put on RWM!

Midas on August 26, 2013 at 1:18 PM

As long as it’s no moderator like the clueless Candyass Crowley.

Resist We Much on August 26, 2013 at 1:31 PM

GWB on August 26, 2013 at 1:29 PM

Plankton versus whales and all that…verbie is entertaining and does like ‘punishment’.

Schadenfreude on August 26, 2013 at 1:32 PM

verbaluce on August 26, 2013 at 12:58 PM

Cindy Munford on August 26, 2013 at 1:26 PM

Hmm.
I’m gonna say that’s not anywhere as near analogous as it is entertaining.

verbaluce on August 26, 2013 at 1:32 PM

A gnat of an example – as will be any/all you find.

verbaluce on August 26, 2013 at 1:28 PM

Don’t steal my words, just because you like them :)

Also, just because you and Holder dismiss the cases, doesn’t make them be dissolved. They are real. Holder chooses not to pursue the blue states which have almost the exact same voter ID laws. He is one of the ultimate racists in the land.

Schadenfreude on August 26, 2013 at 1:34 PM

verbaluce on August 26, 2013 at 1:28 PM

Even when someone slaps you in the face with it, you keep denying.

And say, did find where the vote supression was occuring in the thirty-four states that have Voter ID laws yet?

M240H on August 26, 2013 at 1:34 PM

Schadenfreude on August 26, 2013 at 1:28 PM

That’s fine, I’ll be in excellent company.

Cindy Munford on August 26, 2013 at 1:35 PM

verbaluce on August 26, 2013 at 1:32 PM

If you believe that anyone here actually cares what you were going to say in response to Miss Cindy…you grossly overestimate yourself.

Voting is a privilge which citizens register in order to do…once per election.

It is not too difficult a concept for you to grasp,is it?

kingsjester on August 26, 2013 at 1:35 PM

“Privilege”

kingsjester on August 26, 2013 at 1:36 PM

You’re dancin’ with a bevy of harlots if you join this chorus line.
Think for yourself sometimes.

verbaluce on August 26, 2013 at 12:41 PM

GWB on August 26, 2013 at 1:29 PM

That’s actually a respectful and good natured shout out to Schadenfreude in the midst of our squabbling.

(Also, my pot is copper and kettle is stainless steel…so I’d call you an alloy. But not an ally.)

verbaluce on August 26, 2013 at 1:36 PM

A lot of the comments in this thread, I think are overly nasty toward Powell.

There are a lot of people in this country who support the Democratic agenda, including some who are ex-Republicans, and Colin Powell is one of them. I’m disappointed by that, but I think we should just leave it at that. The man is 76 years old, so he probably is never going to run for elected office. Is he even still claiming to be a Republican?

J.S.K. on August 26, 2013 at 1:36 PM

verbaluce on August 26, 2013 at 1:28 PM

Oh well, than never mind. Why isn’t wrong just wrong with you?

Cindy Munford on August 26, 2013 at 1:37 PM

Hmm.
I’m gonna say that’s not anywhere as near analogous as it is entertaining.

verbaluce on August 26, 2013 at 1:32 PM

But you don’t get to pick and choose. Only a sick leftist mind believes that they do.

Schadenfreude on August 26, 2013 at 1:37 PM

Oh well, than never mind. Why isn’t wrong just wrong with you?

Cindy Munford on August 26, 2013 at 1:37 PM

Because a leftist idiotic mind gets to pick any of the 360 degrees of a circle, so long as it benefits them.

One day I’ll watch their heads being chopped off. By then they can’t be helped any more.

Schadenfreude on August 26, 2013 at 1:38 PM

Don’t steal my words, just because you like them :)
Schadenfreude on August 26, 2013 at 1:34 PM

Tell that to GWB (above).
(I tried a line with ‘bad gnat-atide’ – but it wasn’t working. You can use it on me sometime.)

verbaluce on August 26, 2013 at 1:39 PM

Hmm.
I’m gonna say that’s not anywhere as near analogous as it is entertaining.

verbaluce on August 26, 2013 at 1:32 PM

That’s fine as long as less than 1% of the planes blow up. Right?

Cindy Munford on August 26, 2013 at 1:39 PM

That’s fine, I’ll be in excellent company.

Cindy Munford on August 26, 2013 at 1:35 PM

Schadenfreude on August 26, 2013 at 1:39 PM

That’s fine as long as less than 1% of the planes blow up. Right?

Cindy Munford on August 26, 2013 at 1:39 PM

If it’s a choice between less and more…right.

verbaluce on August 26, 2013 at 1:40 PM

Schadenfreude on August 26, 2013 at 1:38 PM

If their heads get chopped off it will be by those who share their ideology, since we still believe it is fine to disagree.

Cindy Munford on August 26, 2013 at 1:41 PM

How much of a sucker are you for this stuff?
There’s no fraud.

verbaluce on August 26, 2013 at 12:41 PM

… and when presented with cases where fraud has occurred…

A gnat of an example – as will be any/all you find.
Please don’t try an argue that there is significant abuse at all.

verbaluce on August 26, 2013 at 1:28 PM

Yes, verbaluce relies on the argument that we don’t have nearly enough people coming out and directly stating from their own mouth that they voted eight times, to constitute a problem.

Yeah, it’s a real mystery why anyone would commit election fraud and not report themselves.

But it can’t be the system that enables this behavior. I mean, it’s not like a white guy can walk into a polling place and cast a vote posing as our (non-white) U.S. attorney general or anything.

The Schaef on August 26, 2013 at 1:41 PM

That’s fine as long as less than 1% of the planes blow up. Right?

Cindy Munford on August 26, 2013 at 1:39 PM

Leftists in line during GWB’s presidency “this is a nazi state, bla, bla, bla”. Attitude all over. Now, they don’t peep, the harlots.

Schadenfreude on August 26, 2013 at 1:42 PM

verbaluce on August 26, 2013 at 1:40 PM

Well okay, now we’re talking. So what do you think of Holder suing Louisiana for allowing students to go the charter schools? That’s can’t be impacting 1% of the population and yet we are going spend a ton of taxpayer money to fight it when we actually think it is in the student’s best interest.

Cindy Munford on August 26, 2013 at 1:46 PM

Schadenfreude on August 26, 2013 at 1:42 PM

I remember. They seem to have developed a whole new respect for NSA now that it has been expanded also. Funny how these things work.

Cindy Munford on August 26, 2013 at 1:47 PM

Oh well, than never mind. Why isn’t wrong just wrong with you?

Cindy Munford on August 26, 2013 at 1:37 PM

Well, indeed…I take issue with the wrongness of this.
I think you’re confusing someone not having the now required ID with being the same as an ineligible and fraudulent voter.
Even with the very very very few anecdotal examples provided here, think of how hard people have searched for these infractions – and yet they can still barely find any.
Voter fraud quite simply statistically virtually non-existent.
And if indeed that is the concern, why aren’t these bills simply limited to IDs?
For me that’s a rhetorical question. For others, it’s worth thinking about the answers.

verbaluce on August 26, 2013 at 1:50 PM

No honest differences of opinion allowed from somebody who served their country in uniform and high office for more than 30 years.

urban effetist on August 26, 2013 at 9:05 AM

Care to comment on this, Teen Spirit?

International War Crimes Tribunal
United States War Crimes Against Iraq
Initial Complaint

Charging
George Bush, J. Danforth Quayle, James Baker,
Richard Cheney, William Webster, Colin Powell,
Norman Schwarzkopf and Others to be named

With

Crimes Against Peace, War Crimes, Crimes Against
Humanity and Other Criminal Acts and High Crimes in
Violation of the Charter of the United Nations,
International Law, the Constitution of the United States
and Laws made in Pursuance Thereof.

Funny how just a few years ago you Low-IQ Leftists formally charged General Powell with war crimes, and then instantly forgave him when he said he would vote for your Cult Leader.

F-

Del Dolemonte on August 26, 2013 at 1:55 PM

verbaluce on August 26, 2013 at 1:50 PM

Should the government not require ID when applying for entitlements?

darwin on August 26, 2013 at 1:55 PM

How about this. Colin Powell can do what he wants. He doesn’t need, nor solicit approval from conservative bloggers who haven’t accomplished the slightest smoothest slice of what he has. Be mad.

libfreeordie on August 26, 2013 at 8:42 AM

Yeah, you’re right. Powell’s being formally charged by you Leftists at The Hague with War Crimes is really an accomplishment to be proud of, isn’t it?

Del Dolemonte on August 26, 2013 at 1:56 PM

verbaluce on August 26, 2013 at 1:50 PM

And you seem to think that someone who doesn’t have an ID isn’t allowed to vote, which is wrong. They just have to vote on a provisional ballot. Quell the horror. I have family that are on the books in Florida and Virginia (because all of these election organizations are just super well oiled machines) an ID would be pretty handy if they decided to take advantage of that.

Cindy Munford on August 26, 2013 at 1:58 PM

I don’t expect him to please the base at all. I think calling him a moderate may be overstating the case. I’m not sure he rises to the level of “moderate.”

But I do expect him to have the decency to accept a court verdict without casting doubt on it. Especially in the Zimmerman case, where the evidence was really clear that Zimmerman acted in self defense against Trayvon Martin bashing his head into the sidewalk.

Unless Colon Powell really wants to become part of the race-baiting industry. In which case, he’s no better than all the other Al-Sharpton-enablers.

There Goes the Neighborhood on August 26, 2013 at 1:58 PM

The obama dilemma got Colin all screwed up. Lota pressure on the brother. Also discovered, he’s not as astute as I thought.

StevC on August 26, 2013 at 2:01 PM

Powell’s just another Jr.-grade Narcissist that has to see his name in print, or hear his voice on the evening news, or he goes into withdrawal.
His last great accomplishment was to shield his Deputy at State, and get Scooter Libby to take the fall for the Great Valerie Plame Incident.
A marked achievement for this man of honor.

Another Drew on August 26, 2013 at 2:02 PM

Anyone who is against voter id knows there is fraud going on, and they desperately want it to continue.

xblade on August 26, 2013 at 2:09 PM

Your take-a-way isn’t my message.

verbaluce on August 26, 2013 at 1:22 PM

that is exactly your message. You are complaining that requiring people to actually register is somehow a hardship or “disenfranchises” them.

Which can only mean that you think they are either too dumb or too lazy to resister to vote. There can be no other other reason it would be too hard for someone to fill out a form and mail it in.

Monkeytoe on August 26, 2013 at 2:12 PM

Schadenfreude on August 26, 2013 at 1:06 PM

Saw that. Just another “isolated incident.”

dogsoldier on August 26, 2013 at 2:13 PM

verbaluce on August 26, 2013 at 1:50 PM

I thought the golden statist standard was “if it saves even one…”?

As to early voting: why? Why is early voting so sacred to the left? Why can’t you get to the polls on the same day as everyone else? If you actually can’t be there, they have these things called “absentee ballots” that you can use. (And, besides that – the Carolina law doesn’t reduce hours at all, just days.)

GWB on August 26, 2013 at 2:14 PM

The Schaef on August 26, 2013 at 1:41 PM

The hilarious part is this: since no identification is required, how can verbaluce be certain that no identity fraud is taking place?

The reason the Obama Party is screaming over this is because they know that voter ID removes every single dirty trick, every single multiple vote, every single dead person, every single documented means by which Obama and the Barack Obama Party cheat in elections.

Obama supporters like verbaluce have already stated that breaking the law to win elections is justified because Obama and the Obama Party “deserve” to be in power. Since they have no moral qualms and no opposition whatsoever to voter fraud, they clearly are doing it.

northdallasthirty on August 26, 2013 at 2:15 PM

Monkeytoe on August 26, 2013 at 2:12 PM

Ummm, pretty sure that if an ID is required, you can’t simply mail in your registration form.

GWB on August 26, 2013 at 2:16 PM

Sophie, your land of birth :)

Meh, if it’s off topic. Now almost all is on the same topic anyway :)

British humor

Change always comes bearing gifts. ~Price Pritchett

These are classified ads which were actually placed in U.K. Newspapers:

FREE YORKSHIRE TERRIER.
8 years old, Hateful little bastard. Bites!
___________________________________________
FREE PUPPIES
1/2 Cocker Spaniel, 1/2 sneaky neighbor’s dog.
________________________________________________
FREE PUPPIES. Mother is a Kennel Club registered German Shepherd.
Father is a Super Dog, able to leap tall fences in a single bound..
_______________________________________________________
COWS, CALVES: NEVER BRED. Also 1 gay bull for sale.
________________________________________________________
JOINING NUDIST COLONY!
Must sell washer and dryer £100.
_____________________________________________________________
WEDDING DRESS FOR SALE.
Worn once by mistake.
Call Stephanie.
___________________________________________________________
And the WINNER is…

FOR SALE BY OWNER. Complete set of Encyclopedia Britannica, 45 volumes.
Excellent condition, £200 or best offer.
No longer needed, got married, wife knows everything
(Statement of the Century)
___________________________________________________________

Thought from the Greatest Living Scottish Thinker–Billy Connolly.
“If women are so bloody perfect at multitasking,
How come they can’t have a headache and sex at the same time?”
____________________________________________________________
Children Are Quick

TEACHER: Why are you late?
STUDENT: Class started before I got here.
____________________________________
TEACHER: John, why are you doing your math multiplication on the floor?
JOHN: You told me to do it without using tables.
__________________________________________
TEACHER: Glenn, how do you spell ‘crocodile?’ GLENN: K-R-O-K-O-D-I-A-L’
TEACHER: No, that’s wrong
GLENN: Maybe it is wrong, but you asked me how I spell it.
(I Love this child)
____________________________________________
TEACHER: Donald, what is the chemical formula for water?
DONALD: H I J K L M N O.
TEACHER: What are you talking about?
DONALD: Yesterday you said it’s H to O.
__________________________________
TEACHER: Winnie, name one important thing we have today that we didn’t have ten years ago.
WINNIE: Me!
__________________________________________
TEACHER: Glen, why do you always get so dirty?
GLEN: Well, I’m a lot closer to the ground than you are.
_______________________________________
TEACHER: Millie, give me a sentence starting with ‘ I. ‘
MILLIE: I is..
TEACHER: No, Millie….. Always say, ‘I am.’
MILLIE: All right… ‘I am the ninth letter of the alphabet.’
________________________________
TEACHER: George Washington not only chopped down his father’s cherry tree, but also admitted it. Now, Louie, do you know why his father didn’t punish him?
LOUIS: Because George still had the axe in his hand……
______________________________________
TEACHER: Now, Simon , tell me frankly, do you say prayers before eating?
SIMON: No sir, I don’t have to, my Mom is a good cook.
______________________________
TEACHER: Clyde , your composition on ‘My Dog’ is exactly the same as your brother’s.. Did you copy his?
CLYDE : No, sir. It’s the same dog.
___________________________________
TEACHER: Harold, what do you call a person who keeps on talking when people are no longer interested?
HAROLD: A teacher
__________________________________

Due to current economic conditions the light at the end of the tunnel has been turned off.

Schadenfreude on August 26, 2013 at 2:20 PM

Projection.

The reason you scream and sh*t yourself over voter ID is because it outright blocks the ineligible and fraudulent voter that your Obama Party uses to survive.

Voter fraud quite simply statistically virtually non-existent.

Of course you would think that.

You see, Obama puppet, you don’t think it’s fraudulent to vote multiple times, or to commit identity fraud, or to cast ineligible votes, or to forge voter registration — because you are doing it in the name of putting “progressives” into power.

We already know that you endorse and support “progressives” covering up for Filthy Filner to attain power. That makes it clear that you will cover up and spin for any crimes, including voter fraud, if it benefits “progressives”.

verbaluce on August 26, 2013 at 1:50 PM

Of course.

You are an Obama bigot, so your immediate response is to scream “racism”. You don’t put any intelligent thought into these evaluations; you just scream “racism” over and over and over again.

Thank you for acknowledging that you don’t think about your answers.

northdallasthirty on August 26, 2013 at 2:21 PM

I love how the ignorant and stupid verbaluce acknowledges that it doesn’t think; it considers everything a “rhetorical question”, and blames racism for everything.

We now know that no matter what is said, the ignorant verbaluce is not going to put thought into the answer; it’s just going to scream “racist”.

Just like its ignorant Barack Obama, who lacks intelligence and can’t do anything other than scream “racist”.

Just like its ignorant Barack Obama Party, which is even less intelligent and does nothing but repeat Barack Obama’s screams of “racist”.

northdallasthirty on August 26, 2013 at 2:25 PM

If the Left is screaming about what you’re doing, you’re doing the right thing.

Laws to live by.

rrpjr on August 26, 2013 at 2:29 PM

northdallasthirty on August 26, 2013 at 2:25 PM

That’s the standard leftist troll MO.

ebrown2 on August 26, 2013 at 2:30 PM

WINNIE: Me!

Schadenfreude on August 26, 2013 at 2:20 PM

Oh my, I see a nascent narcissist President there!

GWB on August 26, 2013 at 2:31 PM

Please don’t try an argue that there is significant abuse at all.
Even monkeytoe ‘doubts it rises to the level of 1%’.
And that’s an extreme overreach of an estimate.

verbaluce on August 26, 2013 at 1:28 PM

1% is nationwide. I think in some places it may be higher – around 2-3% and some places lower – much less than 1%. My guess is that in state-wide and federal elections the fraud goes up significantly in democrat stronghold areas, as the dead vote and absentees vote who did not know they voted. Lyndon Johnson was first elected to the Senate on the basis of fraudulent votes in his race against Coke Stevenson. And, let’s not forget the pretty widely acknowledged fact that fraud in Chicago helped JFK beat RMN.

Regardless, any abuse is significant abuse. If an election is decided by 1% and there is 1% fraud, then it is effects the outcome.

Even if fraud doesn’t turn a single election, making sure the election process is legitimate is an important goal.

Just because you assert that we must prove “significant fraud” before any kind of action can be taken to secure the vote does not make it so. Nor does your definition of what counts as “significant”.

Look at it this way – the left constantly agitates for tougher gun laws even though gun deaths equal less than 1% of deaths in the U.S. each year. Why do we need such laws if gun deaths are not significant?

Monkeytoe on August 26, 2013 at 2:33 PM

Don’t Democrats openly laugh and admit to shenanigans that went on with JFK and LBJ elections? Just goes to show that even cheating becomes a funny story after a while. Hang in there Lance and A-Rod.

Cindy Munford on August 26, 2013 at 2:33 PM

Who doesn’t have or have access to a gov’t issued photo ID? Nobody. So that point is inane.

In other words, except for the examples cited, there are no examples. Great logic.

Voter fraud quite simply statistically virtually non-existent.

Virtually non-existent? Because you say so? Define virtually non-existent. Because you don’t believe it exists? Regardless, let’s assume that fraud is a very minor problem. What is wrong with addressing it? It doesn’t hurt anyone (again, requiring the same ID needed to work and/or get gov’t benefits is no hardship on anyone) and will make the process better.

Also, I would be fine with the bills (which ones, you still haven’t cited any specific bills with the other language you are speaking of) only dealing with ID.

verbaluce on August 26, 2013 at 1:50 PM

Oh, I see. In your head it proves racism. Again – point to the specific bills you have problems with so we can actually address them. Until then, we were arguing about photo ID requirements. Your continued need to change the topic (because you have no arguments on your side) say much more than what you write.

Monkeytoe on August 26, 2013 at 2:39 PM

2. There’s nothing wrong with preventing fraud even if the fraud isn’t widespread. Do you every lock your door? How many times has someone attempted to gain entry into your premises? More than 5?

blink on August 26, 2013 at 2:39 PM

Verbulace would argue that until someone broke into his house five times, there is no demonstrated need for locks. You must have some kind of proven “significance” before any action can be taken.

Or, more easily – he has no argument and thus tries to gin one up by arguing that some “significant” level of fraud must be proven in a court of law before any action can be taken to prevent fraud. And, he’ll accept no evidence of fraud. So, ipso facto you can never work to prevent fraud in his mind.

Monkeytoe on August 26, 2013 at 2:42 PM

Voter fraud quite simply statistically virtually non-existent.

verbaloon on August 26, 2013 at 1:50 PM

2 simple questions for a simple mind:

1. Can you credibly prove your claim with multi-sourced cites?

2. You use the term “voter fraud”, but that is only one of two types of fraud. The other is vote fraud.

And just curious-have you ever studied the 1960 Presidential election? Especially the voting in Illinois and Texas?

(Starts flea-powered sundial)

Del Dolemonte on August 26, 2013 at 2:49 PM

According to Jazz:

A guy who voted for Obama twice is a moderate republican.

I’ll accept that. Jazz is working in good faith. Obama voters are a big part of the Republican moderate base. Powell is a an important voice of moderate republicans. Brooks , Parker , Noonan, Christopher Buckley, Scott McClellan, Condi Rice,Paul O’Neill,Lilibet Hagel (CHucks wife) ALL endorsed Obama in 2008.

So when the various R centrists warn us about the crazy third party threats from the conservatives and Libertarians just show then what happened in 2008 when a leftist ran against another moderate for president. Many prominent moderates/Bushies went awol. Prominent moderates stabbed the party in the back. Jazz is right. Powell is one of the moderate rock stars. He’s a republican who supports Obama which is still not a mark of shame for the Moderate Republican. After all, they couldn’t find the proper pant crease among their own. Stupid fkng moderates.

BoxHead1 on August 26, 2013 at 3:08 PM

I saw Bill Whittle’s Afterburner episode titled “Lynched” about the Trayvon debacle. If you are unsure of how hilariously vapid our “journalists” and media are, watch this episode.

For all of his transgressions against decency, truth and honor, Barack Obama should be wearing orange just for his interference with the system of justice in this country.

The man is a sh*theel.

thejackal on August 26, 2013 at 3:10 PM

…It’s on PJ Media, next to Instapundit.com

thejackal on August 26, 2013 at 3:11 PM

Powell is a moderate…And he does still get a lot of things right

I’m curious…how does one get to be a moderate and continue to support and endorse someone who considers the Constitution something to be ignored?

And when was the last time he said anything “right” about taxes? Did he oppose the increase on the upper brackets? Any quotes from the Sunday shows on that?

Has this “moderate,” who “still gets a lot of things right,” come out against the newest tax in Robertobamacare…I think it’s called the “individual mandate”…so there’s a quote from him somewhere disparaging that tax? Maybe a quote from him disparaging all the other taxes in Robertobamacare?

If someone continually endorses liberal ideas and liberals, and you never hear them endorsing the “right” positions on “a lot of other things,” how, pray tell, does that qualify them as “moderate”?

It seems to me that calling him a moderate is at best a recognition of his many years as service in the military — certainly not the horrible job he did at State — and choosing to overlook how he and others in the military managed to bungle the end of the first Gulf War….

EastofEden on August 26, 2013 at 3:18 PM

A man should be judged on the content of his character, not the color of his skin. So should a collective group or culture. I see the urban Black culture as a depraved disgrace, and no one is doing anything about it. Those urban cesspools in Chicago need to be drained and drastic action should be taken urgently.

How can the elite government class just sit on their hands and do absolutely nothing about it while fools like Sharpton and Jackson seem to be the parade leaders. In the mean time, they want more free money to fuel even more of the same.

If those people are simply too stupid to function as useful citizens, go ahead and say so so we can establish a plan. The status quo is a disaster and getting worse every day.

I want change.

saiga on August 26, 2013 at 3:24 PM

Colin Powell supported Obama because he was black.

Colin Powell thinks the Trayvon Martin verdict is “questionnable” because St. Skittles is black and George Zimmermann is “white”.

Colin Powell is a black racist.

Antivenin on August 26, 2013 at 3:28 PM

verbaluce on August 26, 2013 at 12:58 PM

Yeah, but why don’t you people care about states where voter ID has been the norm for years, like Hawaii. Why aren’t you out protesting there about how racist the Hawaiians are? Oh, that’s right. Because voter ID doesn’t prevent people from voting at all. It’s very simple, you go in show your photo ID–which everyone has–and vote. No discrimination, no racism.

WarEagle01 on August 26, 2013 at 3:36 PM

Powell is a moderate

I needed the laugh. Thanks.

Myron Falwell on August 26, 2013 at 3:42 PM

(Starts flea-powered sundial)

Del Dolemonte on August 26, 2013 at 2:49 PM

You must have a lot of those sundials…

oldroy on August 26, 2013 at 3:50 PM

(Starts flea-powered sundial)

Del Dolemonte on August 26, 2013 at 2:49 PM

Del? Aren’t sundials Sun powered? And how do you start one or stop one?

oldroy on August 26, 2013 at 3:51 PM

Soon verbaluce will realize that the exact extent of fraud and abuse doesn’t matter. It’s still perfectly fine to put measures in place to prevent it.

blink on August 26, 2013 at 2:28 PM

In Nov 2012 we had a very large number of same day registrations, ala Alana Biden. They all left. And why are visiting students voting here when they vote absentee in their own state.

dogsoldier on August 26, 2013 at 3:58 PM

Hillary/Powell 2016.

Book it.

Bat Chain Puller on August 26, 2013 at 8:49 AM

Do you really think that Christie would tolerate Powell bumping him off the Hillary/Obama train?

Don L on August 26, 2013 at 4:03 PM

Colon Pal is a bu++hole and we all know what squirts from them. And this guy was a general ????? This guy couldn’t lead ants to a sugar cube.

rik on August 26, 2013 at 4:06 PM

What republican positions does he support? Strong Military? Fiscal conservatism?

Skywise on August 26, 2013 at 9:21 AM

Goodness, I’d guess that he’s straight down the line with the Rovian elites in the GOP with never wanting to actually oppose the left?

Good answer?

Don L on August 26, 2013 at 4:11 PM

Powell needs to STFU and get back to his German Mistress the thing the MSM didn’t ask him about. Who gives a creepyass cracka about the affirmative action colon Powell.

they lie on August 26, 2013 at 4:16 PM

The Pubs. used Powell and Rice as a way to make them not look racist. An Affirmative action quota black in the cabinet. Both are well past their sell by date. If Powell was not a quota black in the military, he’d still be cleaning latrines as a Pvt. because he would never have gotten an appt. to West Point.

they lie on August 26, 2013 at 4:21 PM

rik on August 26, 2013 at 4:06 PM

that’s what one of colon’s first CO’s said and refused his promotion; colon did an end around the guy somehow and here we are.

really, the dude is now a certifiable doofus with dementia

gracie on August 26, 2013 at 4:23 PM

they lie on August 26, 2013 at 4:21 PM

Huh??I heard he slept his way to the top.

rik on August 26, 2013 at 4:24 PM

Honestly, you have to wonder just how many black people Colon Powell has ever actually met. Let’s see, there’s Barack Obama… that’s one… Regular Right Guy …Full Caf Americano

Mornin Mojo on August 26, 2013 at 4:25 PM

Worst of all, he’s got limp dead fish hand shake.

John_G on August 26, 2013 at 12:48 PM

slickwillie2001 on August 26, 2013 at 1:21 PM

Colin Powell WAS a Democrat until Bush tapped him ….He may have changed political parties for ‘show’, but he’s more left than Obama…seriously

Redford on August 26, 2013 at 4:34 PM

He is a Democrat, who for reasons I’ll never understand, likes to call himself a Republican. Strange guy, but we know his party loyalty in spite of claims to the contrary.

BillCarson on August 26, 2013 at 4:36 PM

Just another race hustler. Don’t really care what he says his fiscal positions are; he endorsed Obama after the mask had come off. That means he’s just as much of a socialist as teh Won.

Arnold Yabenson on August 26, 2013 at 4:42 PM

Well, indeed…I take issue with the wrongness of this.
Voter fraud quite simply statistically virtually non-existent.

verbaluce on August 26, 2013 at 1:50 PM

Please provide us with statistically significan examples of “someone not having the now required ID.” The last I heard, the Dems were only able to dig up (almost literally) some 86-year-old fossil in PA who was so intellectually incurious she couldn’t be bothered to ask her parents their names or her place of birth before they passed on.

Maddie on August 26, 2013 at 4:46 PM

And it’s no just IDs. They want hours shrunk, polling stations near/on canpuses closed.
verbaluce on August 26, 2013 at 12:41 PM

Please provide us with a list of polling places that will be shrinking their hours on Election Day.

And then, please provide us with a list of polling places that will be shrinking their hours to ZERO, a la the White House tours.

Maddie on August 26, 2013 at 4:59 PM

Pandering sycophants like Powell take to race-baiting as easily -and sleazily- as Mugabe and Morsi their ilk. It’s amazing!

It’s like a bad satire of a third rate tinpot thug in a 1930′s raw Waugh comedy.

Barack and Hillary, et al, have an Agenda.

The evil arrogant hyper-power AmeriKKKa must be humbled and destroyed if necessary seems to be the Plan.

Then opportunistic weasels like Colin chime in to the latest hysteria.

Race today.

Justice tomorrow.

Desperate little despots turning long-suffering dignity to poison and hard-won harmony to anarchy.

Scum, one and all.

profitsbeard on August 26, 2013 at 5:16 PM

(Starts flea-powered sundial)

Del Dolemonte on August 26, 2013 at 2:49 PM

Del? Aren’t sundials Sun powered? And how do you start one or stop one?

oldroy on August 26, 2013 at 3:51 PM

The flea powered ones are reserved for the flea brains.

I also have several that run on squirrel power.

Del Dolemonte on August 26, 2013 at 5:53 PM

If you can get yourself a free Obamaphone, you can get yourself a voter ID!

redware on August 26, 2013 at 6:01 PM

What the heck is this guy’s deal, anyway?
Isn’t there some way the Republican Party can purge him?

dverplank on August 26, 2013 at 6:34 PM