Ted Cruz: We’d need a grassroots “tsunami” to get the votes to defund ObamaCare

posted at 6:31 pm on August 25, 2013 by Erika Johnsen

Despite the hailstorm of criticism raining down on Sen. Cruz & friends for the improbable success of their tactical ideas for bringing down ObamaCare, Cruz continued to defend the push on CNN on Sunday morning, conceding that it is “It is going to take a tsunami” of grassroots support and political pressure to get the votes to defund ObamaCare but that “I am going to do everything I can to encourage that tsunami.” Whether or not Cruz thinks the effort really has a shot at the most explicit version of success, he isn’t going to half-ass the effort and is staying bullish about the possibilities as the latest budget fight heats up going into September: “Now is the single best time to stop Obamacare. If it doesn’t happen now, it’s never going to happen.”

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2

Cruz Missile!!!!!!!!!!!

KCB on August 25, 2013 at 6:33 PM

I told John Cornyn in email to join Ted Cruz to oppose funding, or I will vote for his competition in the next election.

TX-96 on August 25, 2013 at 6:34 PM

I don’t see it happening. I’m all for it, of course. I just don’t see it happening.

I do not, though, agree this is our last chance.

I’ll tell you what I’d love to see, a grassroots tsunami to force Boehner and Cantor to resign. They are our greatest obstacles. Not the democrats. If Boehner were to be removed or resign, and a strong conservative take his place.. it would send a shock wave through the Democrat party and ignite such enthusiasm in the grassroots.
The Democrats love Boehner. As long as he’s there they sleep well.

I have more respect for Obama and Harry Reid than I do for Boehner.

JellyToast on August 25, 2013 at 6:43 PM

Cornyn has an ad out that he’s fully on board Cruz’s efforts to defund Obamacare.

Who knows? It might even be true.

trigon on August 25, 2013 at 6:45 PM

Ted Cruz: We’d need a grassroots “tsunami” to get the votes to…

… get rid of Democrats…and elite Republicans!

KOOLAID2 on August 25, 2013 at 6:46 PM

Cruz Missile!!!!!!!!!!!

KCB on August 25, 2013 at 6:33 PM

…NOW THAT!…was a Bishop!

KOOLAID2 on August 25, 2013 at 6:47 PM

….testing!…is this on?….it’s Cruz!

KOOLAID2 on August 25, 2013 at 6:53 PM

It’s Not Crazy To Talk About Impeachment (But, It’s Gonna Take C-R-A-Z-Y To Make It Happen!)

Resist We Much on August 25, 2013 at 6:41 PM

…I would like a bumper sticker like that!
…but I’m in the Detroit area…so my car would probably get blown up!

KOOLAID2 on August 25, 2013 at 6:56 PM

Who knows? It might even be true.

trigon on August 25, 2013 at 6:45 PM

He said that on Fox News this morning, too, but his name is not attached to the petition pledge. It was on there at first and then he took it off so it looks to me like he is trying to straddle the fence and keep a boot in both camps. I hope it is painful.
I got a call last week asking for a donation for his reelection and said “sure, just as soon as his name shows up on that ‘dontfundobamacare.com’ pledge”. Coward… is what he is.

jffree1 on August 25, 2013 at 6:56 PM

We need surgical implants of spines in most republicans in congress.

VorDaj on August 25, 2013 at 6:58 PM

See????

They just NEED you to get re-engaged and emotionally involved in backing them.

Backing them in a pointless theatrical stunt aimed at nothing more than simply getting you re-engaged and emotionally involved again.

A pointless theatrical stunt that they know will not work even if every single Republican in DC were fully on board and they did have a grassroots tsunami for.

Just like they needed you in 2010, and on and on and on, to carry their water after you bought their bs, so they could continue to do exactly what they were always gonna do anyway when it actually mattered.

Tell me ONE legitimate accomplishment the Republicans you backed have succeeding in delivering for you since 2010? ONE promise they followed through on.

But go red team go!!!

Genuine on August 25, 2013 at 6:58 PM

Once again, I do not understand the delay strategy.

First, we still need 6 Democrat votes in the Senate and that fool in the WH to go along to make it work. How is that different from defunding?

Second, suppose we get the delay. Suppose — fer cryin’ out loud — that there are 6 Dem senators willing to vote against the WH. And then suppose that the WH goes along with those 6 renegade Dems…

That would get a one year delay…on the mandate, not the exchanges. Those will continue grinding along…and grinding up health care, health insurance and the medical profession

Then what? Apparently it’s hope we take the Senate…suppose we do…have you seen any guarantees from anyone in the delay crowd that if we take the senate the first thing we’ll do in the next congress is vote to repeal all of Robertobamacare? Have you seen that anywhere? Of course not.

What is the plan for the delay crowd? Smoke and mirrors…worse, their plan actually helps Democrats in the 2014 elections…because it will protect a lot of likely Democratic voters from one of the most onerous features of Robertobamacare.

All these folks can tell me what a PR disaster defund is…fair enough. But then to look the base in the eye and say, “oh we have a better strategy” is so disingenuous that it comes close to being an out and out lie….they don’t have a strategy….they have a word…

“delay”….it sounds to me a lot like a prevent defense as the other team takes over at their own 20 yard line with 2 minutes left — hey guys, let’s all drop back to our own 20, and see if we can’t keep ‘em out of the endzone from there for the last 90 seconds….

And Priebus thinks our electoral problem is that Republicans don’t spend enough time doing identity politics…nothing a few more community organizers can’t fix….lord almighty….

EastofEden on August 25, 2013 at 7:00 PM

You can tell that interview was heavily edited.

Conservative politicians should know better than to allow pre-taped interviews with MSM reporters. Especially if the full transcript is not released. It’s just asking for trouble to let them control what the audience hears.

commodore on August 25, 2013 at 7:07 PM

“If it doesn’t happen now, it’s never going to happen.” = ” A bird in hand is worth two in the bush.”

Bmore on August 25, 2013 at 7:08 PM

It shouldn’t take a tsunami. It should simply take a continuing resolution without Obamacare funding. It’s that easy. Pass that and tell the Democrats to take it or leave it.

Stoic Patriot on August 25, 2013 at 7:09 PM

KOOLAID2 on August 25, 2013 at 6:47 PM

What’s up?! Had to run to the store….

KCB on August 25, 2013 at 7:15 PM

We need surgical implants of spines in most republicans in congress.

VorDaj on August 25, 2013 at 6:58 PM

It would be a waste of good spines, due to the high rejection rate.

Alabama Infidel on August 25, 2013 at 7:18 PM

As much as I love Sen. Cruz, his suggestion here rests on the false premise that what most — perhaps even a significant plurality of — citizens voting residents and non-residents want actually matters.

Were that the case, ObamaCare would have never been enacted in the first place.

It’s what the control- and power-seeking ruling class and monied interests supporting them (traitorous Republicans included) want. Until that corrupt edifice is radically and wholly dismantled (and there really only is one choice in how that could happen), we are doomed to serfdom.

[I'm happy to be persuaded otherwise ...]

ShainS on August 25, 2013 at 7:19 PM

He said in Dallas that his effort would likely end up in an impasse and that the loser in an impasse is the first one who blinks. So, to win, we just have to not be the first one to blink.

Kafir on August 25, 2013 at 7:23 PM

Stoic Patriot on August 25, 2013 at 7:09 PM

You make it sound simple.
And I guess it is that simple.
Some people say we should “delay” instead of defund, or they say do this instead of that. What’s wrong with an “all of the above” strategy towards taking down Obamacare?

anotherJoe on August 25, 2013 at 7:34 PM

That tsumani better rushes towards comprehensive immigration betrayal. Cruz is way off on this one. I actually thought him to be too smart to cover for the Rubeo-Schumer crap bill.

Valkyriepundit on August 25, 2013 at 7:38 PM

Had to run to the store….

KCB on August 25, 2013 at 7:15 PM

…someone liquored a beautiful Bishop for you…while you were away…….

KOOLAID2 on August 25, 2013 at 7:38 PM

Crowley is insufferable!

racquetballer on August 25, 2013 at 7:38 PM

Most of the money for Obamacare has already been allocated. Discretionary spending is not the primary source of the spending for Obamacare. Cruz knows this. He is not stupid. That means he knows that even if they did exactly what he is saying they should do, it would not actually defund Obamacare. He also knows that the Democrats are never going to go along with it anyway. He knows that a majority of Americans as well as a majority of rank and file Republicans are not interested in doing this. But he persists because it is making him a bunch of money in campaign contributions. He will be the darling of the rightie blogs and talk radio and it raises his profile among conservatives. It is all about him. It is not about Obamacare. In fact, it could make it more difficult to actually do what it will take to get rid of Obamacare. That being take back the White House and the Senate. But then Cruz is not really interested in any of that…not unless it effects him personally. I do not know what else to think.

Kafir on August 25, 2013 at 7:23 PM

This is what I am talking about. Even if we do not blink, the Democrats will just throw it right back in our faces and like I said, the funding has already been allocated. This will not stop Obamacare, it is still the law. Sheesh.

Terrye on August 25, 2013 at 7:39 PM

Despite the hailstorm of criticism raining down on Sen. Cruz & friends

That “hailstorm” is your sign. It’s all you need to know: they’ve struck the nerve. This is a surpassingly important undertaking.

rrpjr on August 25, 2013 at 7:44 PM

Ted!

Pork-Chop on August 25, 2013 at 7:45 PM

…but I’m in the Detroit area…so my car would probably get blown up!

KOOLAID2 on August 25, 2013 at 6:56 PM

I drove for a week through Detroit with a big obozo sucks sign on the back of my van after he first got elected. Detroiters either can’t read or refuse to read. I got mostly people honking and giving a thumbs up. I assume that’s why they’re called honkey.

Flange on August 25, 2013 at 7:52 PM

Test

Bmore on August 25, 2013 at 7:54 PM

I assume that’s why they’re called honkey.

Flange on August 25, 2013 at 7:52 PM

…LOL!

KOOLAID2 on August 25, 2013 at 7:59 PM

Terrye on August 25, 2013 at 7:39 PM

Ummm… You know this is Mike Lee’s plan right?

The part I think is impossible is getting the D’s to go along & the President to ever sign it into law. But do you really think there is a category of future spending that an act of congress signed by the prez can’t stop? That’s what you’re saying.

Anyways yeah, its an impossible task, but political opposition in general is impossible right now. So what are the non-impossible options? Obamacare should be tied to every opportunity just for the sake of opposition, CR’s, debt limit, etc.

I hope this doesn’t turn out to be a smokescreen that helps the house w/ immigration though. But opposition there is impossible too. Boehner supports the cultist agenda.

We don’t all complain about our country being destroyed b/c it isn’t being destroyed. We complain b/c it is. This is it.

blockchords on August 25, 2013 at 8:06 PM

I admire Ted Cruz’s zeal but this is a doomed bad idea..:(

Dire Straits on August 25, 2013 at 8:10 PM

Test

Bmore on August 25, 2013 at 7:54 PM

You are coming in loud and clear..:)

Dire Straits on August 25, 2013 at 8:11 PM

I admire Ted Cruz’s zeal but this is a doomed bad idea..:( because all the Washington pundits and establishment tell us it’s a bad idea.
Dire Straits on August 25, 2013 at 8:10 PM

FIFY

bgibbs1000 on August 25, 2013 at 8:19 PM

Terrye on August 25, 2013 at 7:39 PM

Ummm… You know this is Mike Lee’s plan right?

blockchords on August 25, 2013 at 8:06 PM

Obamacare is not discretionary spending, it’s mandatory spending. So failing to pass a continuing resolution with no hope for a budget will not defund it. The only way would be to pass a continuing resolution with a policy rider that does not fund Obamcare. That might work but it requires passage in House and Senate. And last time I looked that is Harry Reid’s domain. Will not happen.

I understand that people want to take a stand, but the opposition to this is across the board. Average voters do not want this to happen. They will not see it as courage, they will see it as crazy..or selfish. The Democrats totally ignored the will of the people when they passed Obamacare. I do not think Republicans should do the same thing just so they show people they do not like the bill.Everyone already knows that. Cruz says if they do not do it now, it will not happen. Well, when we lost the Senate and the White House we were pretty much stuck with this reality. The only thing to do now is to take back enough power to change or repeal the law. That is just a fact.

Terrye on August 25, 2013 at 8:23 PM

FIFY

bgibbs1000 on August 25, 2013 at 8:19 PM

First off it does nothing to stop Obiecare..:)

Dire Straits on August 25, 2013 at 8:25 PM

Genuine on August 25, 2013 at 6:58 PM

We had a tsunami in the form of the TEA Party back in 2009-2010, and the majority of the GOP turned their backs on us and we were successfully marginalized by the media.

At any rate, I can’t find any evidence in the news archives that Cruz had anything to do with the TEA Party until he decided to run for the Senate, so I’m skeptical.

Maybe it just hasn’t been reported, but I can’t find a quote where Cruz even mentions the TEA Party.

The TEA Party is political poison to these GOP elites, and that should tell us something. So it’s not TEA Party principles that’s driving him as far as I can tell, but GOP principles. They aren’t the same.

Dr. ZhivBlago on August 25, 2013 at 8:26 PM

I’m pretty sure that’s the plan. & it couldn’t happen for reasons we probably agree on.

Terrye on August 25, 2013 at 8:23 PM

Unless we are all wrong about the merits of statism, this country is going to suffer through real disastrous events sooner or later. It doesn’t matter what the average voter wants until then. In the meantime, I support accumulating as many instances of ‘See, I Told Ya’. They all know we oppose Obamacare, and they all think we’re crazy already. They are the cultists.

But, the more the Repubs facilitate the operations of the government, especially obamacare, the less credibility we are going to have later when we’re saying ‘See I told ya’.

I get what your saying though, in that I wish this defund effort had more practical merits.

blockchords on August 25, 2013 at 8:32 PM

I get the impression that Cruz thinks his fellow politicians actually listen to their constituents. While he may listen to his constituents… I’m fairly certain… given the legislation coming out of this congress and the unfolding failure of the GOP to hold the line against illegal aliens and Obamacare… that his colleagues only listen to their donors and one another and have developed ‘constituent deafness’.

As for me, it will be my pleasure to cheerfully vote any politician who supports AMNESTY and/or Obamacare… even by failure to act against these… our of the political class at the first opportunity.

thatsafactjack on August 25, 2013 at 8:34 PM

Terrye on August 25, 2013 at 8:23 PM

blockchords on August 25, 2013 at 8:32 PM

Just think about how much we’ve been set back b/c rightly or wrongly in discourse we are held accountable for everything Bush ’43 did? His record is basically as similar as Hoover’s was to FDR’s.

We know that’s a false narrative. We are perfectly entitled to learn from Bush ’43 and adjust our ideology and agenda. And aside from that, the only conservative thing he did was cut marginal income tax rates. B/c of that one thing we have to defend/explain to these cultists his whole record for all time. The cultists pin it to us. Wait until the cultists pin Obama/Boehner on us.

blockchords on August 25, 2013 at 8:37 PM

NSA found something really juicy on Boehner. He needs to man up or just resign and let someone with cajones take over.

ctmom on August 25, 2013 at 8:43 PM

Terrye: Taking back the Senate in ’14 and the White House in ’16 is too late. Even if that happens, OCare will never be repealed. The ball will already be rolling by then and it won’t be stopped. The GOP wouldn’t have the stones to stop an existing federal program.

Bitter Clinger on August 25, 2013 at 8:45 PM

ctmom on August 25, 2013 at 8:43 PM

This.

I’ll bet he’s been banging a 17 year old boy at the tanning salon, and Obama’s got it on tape.

Midas on August 25, 2013 at 9:05 PM

Bitter Clinger on August 25, 2013 at 8:45 PM

I see your point..And it is a good one..But I think there is an argument to be made that Obiecare will fall under its own weight..When folks start seeing how intrusive and costly it is..Then if GOP has the House and Senate you can start the process of eliminating it..I believe Senator Coburn is correct..:)

Dire Straits on August 25, 2013 at 9:08 PM

TX-96 on August 25, 2013 at 6:34 PM

I called his office and point blank asked his staff person why Cornyn couldn’t be more like Sen. Cruz.

txmomof6 on August 25, 2013 at 9:14 PM

So when insurance rates, ‘necessarily skyrocket,’ and tens of millions are forced out of their plans, they will reward the GOP why again, if they aren’t even willing to put up a minor effort.

narciso on August 25, 2013 at 9:19 PM

I called Senator Cornyns office several weeks ago after he had his name removed from the Lee petition to defund Obamacare. The office help said that he removed his name because to defund Obamacare would cause a government shut down. At that time, I said I would be voting for his opponent in the next primary. Has he actually changed his mind and decided to vote to defund Obamacare? Cornyn has a difficult time when deciding whether to represent his constituents or whether to remain loyal to the Republican elite club in Washington, D. C.

mobydutch on August 25, 2013 at 9:21 PM

Terrye on August 25, 2013 at 8:23 PM

With all due respect you are making the argument on their terms. The fact is spending bills have to originate in the House, not “Harry Reid’s domain” or President Obama’s veto pen.

IF Boehner had any ability to lead and actually wanted to defund ObamaCare he would be in front of every microphone he could saying I just can’t wait to fund the government because that is my job as Speaker of the People’s House. However as Speaker of the People’s House I will not spend a dime that harms the American People and ObamaCare does just that. Harry Reid and President Obama are powerless to spend money without my say-so because that is how the Founder’s planned it. They gave the People’s representatives the power of the purse because we answer to the people’s will every two years. If we get it wrong we should be thrown out on our ears. Reid and Obama want to harm the American people with this atrocity but I won’t let them. I will only fund what the American people want and they don’t want this law funded.

How hard could it be to say this???

txmomof6 on August 25, 2013 at 9:29 PM

I admire Ted Cruz’s zeal but this is a doomed bad idea..:(

Dire Straits on August 25, 2013 at 8:10 PM

Long term strategery.

You are coming in loud and clear..:)

Dire Straits on August 25, 2013 at 8:11 PM

Thank you, I was changing nom links. Normally I test on old threads. Yes there is stuff all over the old threads from me. Lolz. ; )

Bmore on August 25, 2013 at 9:32 PM

Dire Straits on August 25, 2013 at 9:08 PM

Once it fails on its own (as designed), the push will be on to have the federal government run healthcare entirely. There won’t be a road back to market-based ideas because the private insurance companies will get all the guff for raising their premiums. They’ll be made the scapegoat (and largely of their own making for ever embracing this disaster to start with).

Bitter Clinger on August 25, 2013 at 9:37 PM

Bitter Clinger on August 25, 2013 at 9:37 PM

+ infinity!!

This is why we’re damned if we do & damned if we don’t. I suppose there is the grassroots guerilla education strategy, to set these cultists straight. But what are the odds of that working? People won’t even consider that the government caused the housing crisis by promoting social justice!

Maybe it’ll turn out that we’re all wrong about statism’s lack of merits… But I wouldn’t count on it.

blockchords on August 25, 2013 at 9:51 PM

Bitter Clinger on August 25, 2013 at 9:37 PM

Yep, pretty much. Single Payer Is The Goal. Can’t be said enough.

Bmore on August 25, 2013 at 9:53 PM

Terrye on August 25, 2013 at 8:23 PM

This is why we’re losing, and will continue to lose — this mindset. The incessantly fearful apprehension of what “average voters” want based on the cultural conditioning of the media, as opposed to acting on conviction and necessity and being willing to confront the Narrative and reality-manufactuing machinery.

The Left moves on what it wants and needs and bends the world to that need. We accommodate their reality. If we don’t we’ll be in big trouble, we say to ourselves. We wait until conditions are “ideal” — that is, until some illusory future point when we’ll have all the power we need, the so-called power we’ve already frittered away from our fear and subordination to their Narratives. I’m so profoundly tired of this. Loser.

rrpjr on August 25, 2013 at 9:59 PM

The made members of the two party evil money cult in Washington D.C. are not much different than a family who bought a home at the peak of the bubble. The inflow of money is enough to make the payments, even enough to refinance the balance from time to time.

But, the spending for gas, taxes, utilities, food just keep going up and back to the bank for more credit cards/up the top end allowed from $5 grand to $10 grand to $20 to…..

Trouble is a few payments on the house (federal debt) have been refinanced into the loan balance, and though the money cult has a firm hand on the income via higher taxes, there was that “tea party” moment in time there,, got a scare in them,,, they know they are broke on their ass’s, they know one of the banks they use may just call the notes any day/month/year/ “China”, “Saudi” etal.

Obama Careless use of the tax money is a stall deal to buy enough votes to hope have inflation bail them out once more or the amnesty too bringing in more tax slaves to help with the cash flow.

Desperate they are, and when you read books like “This Town” you get the feel of how few of them in fact there are in the cult and how exclusive the club in fact is now.

So few lording over so many, and these facts just keep coming, the truth keeps leaking out, the con gets harder to run, not enough fools to carry the load.

The msm gets to be in the in crowd only now and then, White House Press Banqute and all that, but some of the msm is excluded due to a remainder of truth and facts.

This fake and fraud house of cards made up of our tax money all of it much like Obama Care, about to fail and fall under its on corupt weight.

There is not enough money produced, printed, inflateable, borrowerable to keep the fraud ongoing. Fail is their only option and many of them know, so the feed faster and faster seeking to be the ones with enough gold to buy an escape from the wrath when it comes.

Now sitting with rage, eyes of burning red, anger on the lies, fear of what will happen to the family, more the anger,, more the rage, more the demand for justice, more comes the true History of the failure of this evil cult in Washington D.C..

Sitting on a giant steed, sword in hand, the hooves striking the rocks, flashes of lighting, winds rushing, near the judgement comes, for it always comes.

We know, they know, tick tock goes History’s clock.

APACHEWHOKNOWS on August 25, 2013 at 10:02 PM

I heard a Talker ( I think it was Levin ) say that everytime he can remember to do it, he is going to start calling Obamacare, “Boehnercare”. Says he has as much to do with it being law as B.O. I agree.
We needed Tigers and we had Rabbits. I am preparing for the Dark Days.
In addition to the ACA lunacy, they think making 20 million low earning non-documented, legal, will lessen or balance the deficit. ha ha ha ha ha. Even if it did, the jerks would be running another deficit the next year.

Whiterock on August 25, 2013 at 10:04 PM

Does anyone know why the comment thread disappears from time to time and how to make it stop?

txmomof6 on August 25, 2013 at 10:04 PM

rrpjr on August 25, 2013 at 9:59 PM

Indeed.

I’d rather roll the dice on this defund plan and have it fail then sit back and let this damn thing take effect peacefully, knowing that the country as a whole is on the way to failure as a result.

Bitter Clinger on August 25, 2013 at 10:06 PM

Defund the Obama Tax!

Remember… It’s a Tax!

Ask Justice John The Contortionist Roberts.

That should be a crucial selling point in defunding this metastasizing deception:

This is a valiant effort to repeal a cynically disguised Tax.

Stop the Obama Tax NOW!

profitsbeard on August 25, 2013 at 10:07 PM

rrpjr on August 25, 2013 at 9:59 PM

Indeed.

Bitter Clinger on August 25, 2013 at 10:06 PM

Agreed times a million.

txmomof6 on August 25, 2013 at 10:07 PM

Bitter Clinger on August 25, 2013 at 10:06 PM

me 2

gracie on August 25, 2013 at 10:08 PM

I think Cruz (the TX solicitor general) would have a better time working on the “Waiver Equality Act” which would grant a permanent waiver to anyone who wanted a waiver. Equal protection and all.

monalisa on August 25, 2013 at 10:17 PM

TX-96 on August 25, 2013 at 6:34 PM

THIS, and returning the gop “surveys” back to them with your SHARPIE NOTE to Defund Obamacare and STOP pushing AMNESTY, or NO MORE DONATIONS.

And folks that don’t even TRY to support Cruz might as well not even be participating in the process because they are as bad as the Boehner / McConnell / McCain / Corker / Progressive led gop ruling class.

FIGHT WITH TED, or sit down and go home.

PappyD61 on August 25, 2013 at 10:20 PM

Who knows? It might even be true.

trigon on August 25, 2013 at 6:45 PM

The up-to-date list of GOP Senators and their position currently is here. Cornyn won’t commit either way …. more pressure needed TX Patriots.

All GOP Senators and their positions are clearly color-coded here

exodus2011 on August 25, 2013 at 10:23 PM

I suggest some firm phonecalls to these GOP Senators telling them your support for them ends with any vote which funds Obamacare.

Like Rep Gowdy said, the DEMs passed Obamacare without a single GOP vote in the Senate.

See if they can FUND OBAMACARE without a single GOP vote in the Senate.

C ur color-coded GOP Senators here Patriots! Turn up phonecall/email heat & turn fence-sitters GREEN = DON’T FUND IT http://www.dontfundobamacare.com

exodus2011 on August 25, 2013 at 10:30 PM

Bitter Clinger on August 25, 2013 at 10:06 PM

The country is already on the road to failure. Even if we stopped the bleeding today, by tens years time we are going to fail. The only thing Obamacare does is speed up the day of reckoning such that those who are responsible will actually be the ones to suffer the consequences.
All these people on welfare and the baby boomers retiring intent on taking every last penny of their ill gotten loot to the grave with themselves (they plan to burn the wealth as they go).

astonerii on August 25, 2013 at 10:37 PM

astonerii on August 25, 2013 at 10:37 PM

gracie on August 25, 2013 at 10:44 PM

See????

They just NEED you to get re-engaged and emotionally involved in backing them.

But go red team go!!!

Genuine on August 25, 2013 at 6:58 PM

They must be doing something right, what with all the complaining the President is doing about Republican “roadblocks”.

listens2glenn on August 25, 2013 at 10:51 PM

How about state-level nullification, Senator Cruz? THAT is a “grassroots tsunami” that every politician in America would fear.

gryphon202 on August 25, 2013 at 10:58 PM

Bitter Clinger on August 25, 2013 at 10:06 PM

You speak as if Obamacare is the sole reason for our country’s failure. You speak as if you’re still willing to give the politicians one last chance to lie to you. Good luck with all that.

gryphon202 on August 25, 2013 at 11:00 PM

Tar and Feathers works better than water.

viking01 on August 25, 2013 at 11:06 PM

IMHO there will be no tsunami. “We” have lost. Our spirit has been broken. There’s no fight left. I admire Cruz and Palin and their dedication, but they are talking to an empty auditorium. I’m 62 and never imagined that I would think like this, but, I do.

douglucy on August 25, 2013 at 11:10 PM

douglucy on August 25, 2013 at 11:10 PM

That makes two of us, Doug. And I’m 35.

gryphon202 on August 25, 2013 at 11:20 PM

Wasn’t this what 2010 was about? Kinda?

Spineless GOP progressives actually want it. Lying SOB’s. The whole thing was set up to fail to lurch toward single payer.

…and they all agree with it.

98ZJUSMC on August 25, 2013 at 11:25 PM

Bitter Clinger on August 25, 2013 at 9:37 PM

Maybe but I doubt the Dems and LSM will be able to make that sell and that is the point where GOP can make a stand (assuming GOP has House and/or Senate)on more even ground..:)

PS..How many times have you heard Obie say you can keep your present health insurance if you are happy with it..Ask the UPS employees about that next year..Many more companies will follow…:(

Dire Straits on August 25, 2013 at 11:45 PM

That makes three of us, Doug.

PattyJ on August 26, 2013 at 12:14 AM

I like and respect Senator Cruz and think he could be a great President some day – after he has spent a term or two as Governor of Texas to gain the requisite experience, of course.

But frankly, the idea of a government shutdown over ObamaCare during either the budget fight or the debt ceiling increase is Looney Tunes. It is a fight that cannot be won, even if we “win” and shut down the government.

`

The reason is that Obama doesn’t care how much America suffers as long as he wins. He doesn’t have to face voters again, he can bring the real pain, stop paying everything, delay payments to all those small business vendors, retirees, shut down the parks and monuments, cut off money to local schools, all sorts of things to bring immediate harm to the most people and cause a backlash that either makes the GOP cave in or damages us so much that the victory is hollow and shortlived as Democrats retake the House and just put ObamaCare back on schedule in 2014.

Only a fool enters a fight where he loses even if he wins.

`

The best chance to defeat ObamaCare is to allow it to be implemented, allow all those young people to have to buy expensive insurance they don’t need or want or else lose their tax refunds – many will have to pay in for the first time in their lives – to the penalty. Let people not be able to keep their insurance and their own doctor. Let them see how bad it is.

And a great moan shall arise across the land, the GOP takes the Senate in 2014 and the White House in 2016 and repeals it.

You better hope it happens that way, because it is the ONLY way it can possibly be defeated.

Adjoran on August 26, 2013 at 12:20 AM

douglucy on August 25, 2013 at 11:10 PM

That makes two of us, Doug. And I’m 35.

gryphon202 on August 25, 2013 at 11:20 PM

That makes three of us, Doug.

PattyJ on August 26, 2013 at 12:14 AM

With any luck, the Islamofacists that take over this morally and fiscally bankrupt US will kill us all first.

Myron Falwell on August 26, 2013 at 12:51 AM

Adjoran on August 26, 2013 at 12:20 AM

I’m done with the GOPe forever. Because the GOPe is dedicated to, and revels in losing, we effectively lost the argument forever.

I may vote individually for people like Rand, Mike Lee, Cruz and Palin, but the national party hates conservative values and the people who spread them.

When the GOPe nominates Chris Christie for 2016, get set for eight years of President Hilary. Because electability.

Myron Falwell on August 26, 2013 at 12:58 AM

All GOP Senators and their positions are clearly color-coded here

exodus2011 on August 25, 2013 at 10:23 PM

It figures. I was pretty sure I could see his lips moving.

trigon on August 26, 2013 at 1:02 AM

douglucy on August 25, 2013 at 11:10 PM

That makes two of us, Doug. And I’m 35.

gryphon202 on August 25, 2013 at 11:20 PM

That makes three of us, Doug.

PattyJ on August 26, 2013 at 12:14 AM

Myron Falwell on August 26, 2013 at 12:51 AM

u guys are depressed and depressing, and u myron need a stiff drink and a good nite’s sleep. imnsho all of you should write, email and or call your senators and congressmen/women and tell them to vote to defund obamacare or you won’t vote for them again to retain their seats in DC. every call to a representative is part of the tsunami.

gracie on August 26, 2013 at 1:10 AM

So, how many will refuse to get off of the pot NOW?

As always, Americans get the government they EARN and thus DESERVE, so do you and yours deserve CommieCare OR will you FINALLY get busy!

For the very few who will complain they are already involved, all I have to say is now isn’t the time to relax. Not at all.

The FACT remains that the GOPe don’t want to risk making their beloved Hussein 0bama unhappy. Do you feel the same way?

PROVE YOUR WORTH!

DannoJyd on August 26, 2013 at 1:22 AM

I got a call last week asking for a donation for his [Cornyn's]reelection and said “sure, just as soon as his name shows up on that ‘dontfundobamacare.com’ pledge”. Coward… is what he is.

jffree1 on August 25, 2013 at 6:56 PM

GOOD JOB, Patriot!

**__**

exodus2011 on August 26, 2013 at 4:20 AM

txmomof6 on August 25, 2013 at 9:14 PM

ALRIGHT txmomof6!

^5! Patriot!

**__**

exodus2011 on August 26, 2013 at 4:26 AM

your American spirit has not been broken …. you are the descendants of those who fought The Battle of Bastogne

The #CruzMissile is General McAuliffe –>>>>> “NUTS”

the Grassroots in America needs to acquire the same attitude as did The Battling Bastards of Bastogne

#BeClingers ————> #AmericaRISING

exodus2011 on August 26, 2013 at 4:36 AM

Finally we conservatives have someone in Ted Cruz who is willing to wage war on our behalf and what does he get-a bunch of lily-livered people who like to call themselves conservatives but won’t do a damn thing to help the cause.They come onto sites like this and talk strategy,moan and groan,whine and pontificate.But won’t do a damn thing to help Ted Cruz.Well now we have more than Rinos to deal with, we have deadbeat conservative wimps too.Conservatism is doomed,and all you morons will do is come on here and parse its autopsy.

redware on August 26, 2013 at 6:33 AM

redware on August 26, 2013 at 6:33 AM

That’s funny. I woke up this morning thinking the same thing.

It seems to me that what Cruz is really saying is that we “conservatives” have to get off our fat asses and stop relying on our elected representatives to find it in themselves to vote the right way or to think that merely bitching and moaning on blogs is going to change anything. We need to march on Washington in massive numbers, we need to engage in massive civil disobedience, we need to make our numbers felt in such a way that they can’t vote any other way.

The only thing necessary for evil to prosper is for good men to do nothing.

This means us.

Cleombrotus on August 26, 2013 at 7:11 AM

redware on August 26, 2013 at 6:33 AM

That’s funny. I woke up this morning thinking the exact same thing. I think that what Cruz is suggesting is that we stop relying on our elected representatives to vote the right way. We need to stop relying on thinking that b*tching and moaning on blogs such as this will get us anywhere. We need massive demonstrations of our numbers in marches on Washington and State Capitals and media outlet centers. We need to make our numbers felt. Massive civil dis*bedience. That’s what ultimately changed things in Eastern Europe and nothing less than that will help us now.

The only thing necessary for evil to prosper is for good men to do nothing.

That’s us.

Cleombrotus on August 26, 2013 at 7:18 AM

Cruz is wrong. The GOP controls the house and the GOP should refuse to pass any appropriation bill under Obamacare is repealed. The GOP should also refuse any debt limit hike, which is worse than a blank check for the president to spend whatever money he wants.

Does the GOP house have the guts to do this?

nazo311 on August 26, 2013 at 7:48 AM

nazo311 on August 26, 2013 at 7:48 AM

Don’t you understand yet? No, the GOP does NOT have the guts or the principles. How do you think it’s gotten this far? We, the People, need to get active. Representative democracy has failed us at this point and the only way it’s going to improve is for all of us who care to start putti g our money where our mouths are.

Cleombrotus on August 26, 2013 at 8:09 AM

Progressives NEVER, EVER give up!!!!!

Why should we?

PappyD61 on August 26, 2013 at 8:18 AM

gracie on August 26, 2013 at 1:10 AM

Calling our reps and senators is a waste of time. Call your state legislators instead and tell them to NULLIFY.

gryphon202 on August 26, 2013 at 9:19 AM

Progressives NEVER, EVER give up!!!!!

Why should we?

PappyD61 on August 26, 2013 at 8:18 AM

Because the system’s broken. I’m not even talking about giving up, if by “giving up” you mean giving up on America. Giving up on America would be giving up on myself. What I’m talking about is giving up on the political whores who show absolutely no inclination towards positive change because that would require them to give up their own power voluntarily. Yeah Republicans, I’m looking at you.

gryphon202 on August 26, 2013 at 9:21 AM

Does the GOP house have the guts to do this?

nazo311 on August 26, 2013 at 7:48 AM

gryphon202 on August 26, 2013 at 9:22 AM

Cruz is smart..an Ivy league education

He understands GOP controls only the house. There is absolutely no way for the GOP to defund Obamacare. He’s either preaching to his base or is a complete fool…I believe he’s preaching to his base

Allow the legislation to flop on its own. Allow voters to SEE what they voted for.

Until a Republican is elected…no way this monster bill is defunded by the house.

Redford on August 26, 2013 at 11:25 AM

Cruz is smart..an Ivy league education

Until Unless a Republican is elected…no way this monster bill is defunded by the house.

Redford on August 26, 2013 at 11:25 AM

Apparently Redford didn’t have an Ivy League education, or much of any education if he thinks that the Republicans are a shoo-in in 2016, or that we even have that long before America implodes.

gryphon202 on August 26, 2013 at 11:51 AM

Benghazi Attorney: At least two major networks ‘fully engaged’ on Benghazi; NSA just ‘tip of the iceberg’ http://fw.to/Y0C69Hi

exodus2011 on August 26, 2013 at 5:43 PM