Video: The greatest speech ever?

posted at 8:41 pm on August 21, 2013 by Allahpundit

To cleanse the palate, Erika posted this in the Greenroom but I think you’ll agree that something of world historic import belongs on the front page.

This guy’s either going to be president, the next Jim Carrey, or institutionalized. Whichever it is, we’ll all look back at this clip someday and say, “That’s when we knew.”

Exit question: He’s all but guaranteed the gig as senior commencement speaker now, right? For which he’ll wear some sort of Iron Man suit, no doubt.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2

The kid’s probably 19-20. Many of us were idiots at that age. My son’s better than I was- but he can still be a major jerk. He’s 19. It goes with the territory. It’s part of growing up.
annoyinglittletwerp on August 21, 2013 at 10:16 PM

That’s easy to say now. Just wait if Cruz gets in the presidential race. It’ll be non-stop paisley bathrobe creep narrative for years!

happytobehere on August 21, 2013 at 10:20 PM

Clearly he should be a time-share salesman.

VorDaj on August 21, 2013 at 10:20 PM

Points for writing and timing, negative points for silly screaming, over-acting, and turning it suddenly into an “all about me” moment.

Midas on August 21, 2013 at 10:21 PM

Armin Tamzarian on August 21, 2013 at 10:15 PM

Disproving of the same sex lifestyle is not ‘homophobia’.

annoyinglittletwerp on August 21, 2013 at 10:18 PM

Yeah, the people openly and unambiguously endorsing the beating of homosexuals in Russia in the other thread today were simply “disproving [sic] of the same sex lifestyle”.

Armin Tamzarian on August 21, 2013 at 10:22 PM

Go Dawgs!!!

Bmore on August 21, 2013 at 10:22 PM

Armin Tamzarian on August 21, 2013 at 10:15 PM

“Look at me, guys! I’m being oppressed!!!”

happytobehere on August 21, 2013 at 10:22 PM

Heh. Pretty great fun.

Jaibones on August 21, 2013 at 10:23 PM

Midas on August 21, 2013 at 10:21 PM

Speaking of which…

Armin Tamzarian on August 21, 2013 at 10:15 PM

happytobehere on August 21, 2013 at 10:24 PM

“Look at me, guys! I’m being oppressed!!!”

happytobehere on August 21, 2013 at 10:22 PM

That’s funny. Is it supposed to be an impression of the paranoid/dumb socons here who whine that legalizing gay marriage is going to end with them being thrown in jail? If so, it’s pretty good.

Armin Tamzarian on August 21, 2013 at 10:26 PM

Armin Tamzarian on August 21, 2013 at 10:22 PM

Your concern is duly noted, Skinner. Now, run along. Mustn’t keep Mother waiting.

Don’t let me down again, Seymour.

~Superintendent Chalmers

Christien on August 21, 2013 at 10:27 PM

I don’t know, he acted kind of goofy to me, but then again, I didn’t attend Georgia Tech and it probably went over my head — those damn astronauts. ;-)

devolvingtowardsidiocracy on August 21, 2013 at 10:31 PM

So much for this guy ever getting laid.

WhatSlushfund on August 21, 2013 at 10:32 PM

Non-white immigration really needs to cease. You can see when they cut to the crowd that the student body is entirely Hindu and Oriental.

It’s time we stopped celebrating diversity and go back to celebrating whiteness.

sartana on August 21, 2013 at 9:01 PM

Engineers are funny this way. They too keep track.

Bmore on August 21, 2013 at 10:36 PM

I wasn’t really interested in watching this until Armin Tamzarian found some way of equating it to his victimization. So the kid thanks you for another hit. And all though it isn’t QOTD yet, I have only this to say about that.

Cindy Munford on August 21, 2013 at 10:39 PM

Cindy Munford on August 21, 2013 at 10:39 PM

Lolz!

Bmore on August 21, 2013 at 10:39 PM

So much for this guy ever getting laid.

WhatSlushfund on August 21, 2013 at 10:32 PM

That was settled when he enrolled at Georgia Tech.

Ellis on August 21, 2013 at 10:43 PM

Armin Tamzarian on August 21, 2013 at 10:26 PM

I actually feel bad for you at this point. Quick! Say something about how awesome abortion is again to get rid of the pity I’m feeling for you.

happytobehere on August 21, 2013 at 10:49 PM

Ellis on August 21, 2013 at 10:43 PM

Lol.

Bmore on August 21, 2013 at 10:53 PM

happytobehere on August 21, 2013 at 10:49 PM

I don’t know why you feel bad for me. You’re the one who is apparently going to be in prison for hate crimes when the homos take control of everything and start arresting Christians.

Armin Tamzarian on August 21, 2013 at 10:55 PM

My cousin is this guy’s classmate. Curious to see if they know each other.

Christien on August 21, 2013 at 11:07 PM

Armin Tamzarian on August 21, 2013

Trollish. You’re such a simpleton…proving it day after day.

You have nothing interesting to say. My goodness you have a lousy life.

CW on August 21, 2013 at 11:12 PM

I don’t know why you feel bad for me.
Armin Tamzarian on August 21, 2013 at 10:55 PM

Indeed. That’s the saddest part.

happytobehere on August 21, 2013 at 11:28 PM

It fell apart pretty quickly after the Iron Man joke.

Ronnie on August 21, 2013 at 11:40 PM

sartana on August 21, 2013 at 9:01 PM

To (expletive) with celebrating ANY singular ethnicity of ANY kind.

listens2glenn on August 21, 2013 at 11:43 PM

Armin Tamzarian on August 21, 2013 at 10:15 PM

“Look at me, guys! I’m being oppressed!!!”

happytobehere on August 21, 2013 at 10:22 PM

Bloody peasant !

listens2glenn on August 21, 2013 at 11:48 PM

Nice video. Now STFD and STFU, Dawg.

ROLL TIDE!!!!!!!

TKindred on August 21, 2013 at 11:51 PM

To (expletive) with celebrating ANY singular ethnicity of ANY kind.

listens2glenn on August 21, 2013 at 11:43 PM

Train’s left the station on that long ago, hasn’t it?

In the previous traditional America, a white majority America, anyone could come here and as long as they blended in and played along, they could live out their destiny as they wished with the acceptance of their fellow citizens. This type of society was created by tolerant, enlightened white people that attracted others from many non-white nations to come here because they knew they would be accepted and have the opportunity to thrive.

This is the America I believed in.

In the new poly-cultural America 2.0, handouts and political power are awarded to those who band together into separate ethnic or social self-interest groups and who then agitate and elbow their way into position. It is now, and unless the current trend is reversed, will be ever more increasingly a place of suspicion and hostility of the different groups all towards each other- a country without a nation.

This is the America I am now accustoming myself to.

And it’s really a misnomer to say that America is now a “poly-cultural” nation; when a true poly-cultural nation would celebrate all cultures and people equally. In America 2.0, all are celebrated but for the whites- who are more and more dumped on each day.

Everyone else has realized this and gotten to it. It’s whitey that needs to wake up see he will go the way of the Boers and brown buffaloes.

Several people up-thread commented on Hot Air’s blackout of the vicious anti-white race-murder in Oklahoma. This is exactly why I posted my provocative comment. When a simple case of self-defense in Sanford gets elevated into a absurd false narrative of a racist white anti-minority America, when a real anti-white Intifada has been underway against whites in America, facilitated by those who hold the highest positions in government and media, it’s time to take a stand.

Wake up whitey! You’re the new Kulak!

sartana on August 22, 2013 at 1:23 AM

If you want to be in debt until you’re 40, you can do that at Georgia Tech

Dollayo on August 22, 2013 at 2:33 AM

sartana on August 22, 2013 at 1:23 AM

Yeah, you took a stand alright. *triple facepalm*

Christien on August 22, 2013 at 2:44 AM

Chretien-

While I’m sure we can agree to disagree(I do have slight problems with your foundational reasoning), your contribution is duly noted and much appreciated.

Your references up-thread to The Simpson’s and that Comedy Central show are both uniquely original and highly provocative and have done much to move the discussion forward.

You are a delight!

sartana on August 22, 2013 at 4:38 AM

Really? More of a Howard Dean moment.

crash72 on August 22, 2013 at 7:04 AM

Armin Tamzarian on August 21, 2013 at 10:22 PM

But the open liberal cheering and applauding on other threads of the mass murder of Christians in the middle east appears to be A.OK with you.

tommyboy on August 22, 2013 at 7:24 AM

I never realized Howard Dean had a son.

trs on August 22, 2013 at 7:45 AM

sartana on August 22, 2013 at 1:23 AM

Well said.

Cleombrotus on August 22, 2013 at 7:56 AM

My cousin and numerous friends graduated from Tech. I wish I had half their earning power. My daughter was accepted but didn’t want to incur the debt. Playing theme music during your speech is great, but when your “theme” is the same as the biggest university in the neighboring state, your message is muddied. I guess he felt that the positive benefits of 2001 outweighed the negatives. Maybe he is such a nerd that he doesn’t even realize that the USC football team has been using it for years.

rwenger43 on August 22, 2013 at 8:02 AM

Georgia shmorgia!

Shy Guy on August 22, 2013 at 8:24 AM

I vote for c) institutionalized. And, if he *doesn’t* wear an Iron Man suit to graduation, he should be mocked mercilessly.

GWB on August 22, 2013 at 10:17 AM

Armin Tamzarian on August 21, 2013 at 10:55 PM

Do you wail about awesome speeches on gay threads?

Akzed on August 22, 2013 at 10:24 AM

“Look at me, guys! I’m being oppressed!!!”

happytobehere on August 21, 2013 at 10:22 PM

*sigh* Come on, get it right. It’s “Help, help, I’m being repressed!” People used to have better memories for cheesy memorable lines from cult movies back before the internet……..

GWB on August 22, 2013 at 10:56 AM

Liberals, and those who don’t have the brains to get into Ga Tech, really out themselves, don’t they? Excuses, excuses, excuses for not really applying themselves.

ultracon on August 22, 2013 at 12:05 PM

Sounds like the runner up to John Belushi’s speech in Animal House!!!

So the guy is destined to be a perpetual loser or a congressman: probably both simultaneously!

landlines on August 22, 2013 at 12:05 PM

He’ll be back in Mom’s basement playing video games up to his @ss in debt and blaming the man in no time.

D-fusit on August 21, 2013 at 9:17 PM

Probably not. I graduated from Tech 35 years ago with some modest debt, which I paid off right away. My son graduated four years ago with no debt. Of course, some scholarships, teaching/research assistantships, part-time employment, summer jobs, and frugality on the part of my parents and my wife and I helped. So it’s possible to graduate without huge debt.

Plus, an engineering degree is a marketable investment. Borrowing $100,000 for a degree in Art History is stupid; borrowing $100,000 for a degree in Electrical/Civil/Mechanical/Chemical Engineering might make sense. All of my son’s cohorts at Tech are gainfully employed, so it must have been worthwhile for them.

To make it through Tech and get a degree is d@mn hard work. People willing to work that hard to get through college are also the type of people to work hard at their jobs. If they’re playing video games at a time when most people are at work, it’s probably because they designed the video game.

lovesthesun on August 22, 2013 at 12:21 PM

I give this a gentleman’s C+, points for effort and nobility of intent but points against for a relatively high nerd factor.

Sacramento on August 21, 2013 at 9:41 PM

Which is why you are sitting in your mother’s basement, contributing nothing to society, and banging out supercilious hate screeds on the computer your mom bought with your dad’s alimony money……..

….INSTEAD of actually contributing to the further development of mankind and helping society, like this kid is…………

williamg on August 22, 2013 at 10:54 PM

In the new poly-cultural America 2.0, handouts and political power are awarded to those who band together into separate ethnic or social self-interest groups and who then agitate and elbow their way into position. It is now, and unless the current trend is reversed, will be ever more increasingly a place of suspicion and hostility of the different groups all towards each other- a country without a nation…

sartana on August 22, 2013 at 1:23 AM

Your earlier comment was specifically deploring the number of “Hindus and Orientals” in the audience. These are not groups that are known for receiving government handouts. There are very few Asians on welfare or food stamps. So your antipathy towards these groups is based on… what exactly?

Jazzman on August 23, 2013 at 8:21 AM

So much for this guy ever getting laid.

WhatSlushfund on August 21, 2013 at 10:32 PM

Just read at Chateau Heartiste that he’s just videotaped his first threesome.

thejackal on August 23, 2013 at 11:27 AM