Chris Matthews: Republicans call Obama “Obama” to delegitimize him

posted at 11:21 am on August 21, 2013 by Allahpundit

All you really need to know about MSNBC is that Matthews isn’t the first host on the network to make this claim. This isn’t some special fever dream born of one too many leg tingles. This is, to some degree, network groupthink.

And the point, now as before, is to create a special standard for Precious that spares him from the crap that other presidents routinely deal with. It’s a corollary to RodeoClownGate: Bush was delegitimized in vicious and sometimes violent ways (Nazi comparisons, chimp imagery, heavy-breathing about Diebold and the 2004 election, etc), but a guy in an Obama mask being chased around a ring by a bull was national news for days. The double standard extends to terminology, too. “Bush tax cuts” is a fact of political life, but back in the early days of our new health-care boondoggle, the term “ObamaCare” was dismissed as derogatory by liberals ranging from Jon Stewart to Debbie Wasserman-Schultz. Eventually they stopped fighting it because, I guess, the term had stuck, with even O deciding to use it, but the impulse was there. Special rules for The One.

Anyway: Give me a name. If there’s some deliberate effort by a prominent conservative to refrain from calling Obama “President Obama” or “the president,” that should be easy enough to prove. Sift through the transcripts of their last 10 or 20 public remarks about O and, if the honorific is conspicuously missing, that’s a good sign that it’s been left out intentionally. Who is it, supposedly, that insists as a rule on calling Obama by his name instead of by his title? Ted Cruz? Rand Paul? Rush Limbaugh? Sean Hannity? Like I say, easy to prove in theory. It won’t be.

Visit NBCNews.com for breaking news, world news, and news about the economy

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3 4

… people should study him to find out exactly how he became that stupid. I’m pretty sure he wasn’t born this dumb.

Karmashock on August 21, 2013 at 8:22 PM

Karmashock on August 21, 2013 at 8:22 PM

Libfreakily or Obama? BOth?

Heh.

CW on August 21, 2013 at 8:29 PM

This just in; Turd Matthews is still full of himself.

Meanwhile,

libfreeordie on August 21, 2013 at 4:52 PM

You dropped an apostrophe, dipsh!t.

S. D. on August 21, 2013 at 8:51 PM

How stupid can one person be? Incredible.

ultracon on August 21, 2013 at 9:07 PM

I call Obama, Obutthole because its nicer than what I really want to call him.

paulsur on August 21, 2013 at 9:21 PM

Not for nothin’, but MPR rarely uses the honorific “President” and it irritates rhe shyte out of me.

LtGenRob on August 21, 2013 at 9:34 PM

Her Imperial Highness, Her Grace, Her Excellency, Her Royal Majesty, the Queen of Hearts!
Who’s been painting my roses red? WHO’S BEEN PAINTING MY ROSES RED? /Who dares to taint / With vulgar paint / The royal flower bed? / For painting my roses red / Someone will lose his head.

J_Crater on August 21, 2013 at 9:39 PM

Matthews get a few drinks in him and starts talking about his old friend O’Bama. Pay no attention to him, unless he gropes your wife or something. If he comes to Montana and gropes my wife I’ll pay attention to him, Otherwise, it’s Matthew who?

claudius on August 21, 2013 at 9:39 PM

Okay, thanks Matthews.

Fallon on August 21, 2013 at 9:41 PM

Funny, I recall the self centered AA hire and his dopey followers constantly evoking his name and or “O” as his brand…

Imagery, advertisements, campaign posters, logos, etc – are all about Obama.

It’s like faulting Nike for the swoosh.

Odie1941 on August 21, 2013 at 9:44 PM

paulsur on August 21, 2013 at 9:21 PM

Try this on for size ;)

( )o( )

Scrumpy on August 21, 2013 at 9:59 PM

Calling Chris Matthews a completely vacuous retard, would be an insult to Matt Damon.

a5minmajor on August 21, 2013 at 10:11 PM

Really?? omg I did not realize all those people were republicans. There’s a lot more republicans out there than I thought!

alQemist on August 21, 2013 at 10:13 PM

And people did’t call Bush Bush, or Clinton Clinton, or Nixon Nixon, or Carter Carter. give me a break

gerrym51 on August 21, 2013 at 10:55 PM

The lying leftist pigs should be called out on this.

And there is NO reason at all to take any conservative opinion writer or talking head to task if they never say, “Mr President Obama Sir” – who cares?

I can show you a hundred leftists who never once in eight years called GWB anything nicer than “Bush.” Often it was “Chimpy McHitler” on Kos and places like that.

What piques my curiosity is trying to discern the reason anyone would care enough what Matthews or any of the other leftist losers on MSNBC says to tune in and find out. I don’t have it or “Current” on my channel list – they’re in my DirecTV package, I can’t opt out (yet), but I use “favorites” lists and they just aren’t on them.

If I am ever so bored and bereft of any tasks or amusements, I’ll either scrub the bathroom floors or go clear some underbrush.

Adjoran on August 21, 2013 at 11:01 PM

HEY CHRIS . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

When are you going to become “legitimate”?

listens2glenn on August 21, 2013 at 11:12 PM

Is he trying to say that when I call him Odumbo, or Odumster, thats alright but don’t call him Obama. HMMMMM works for me!

jainphx on August 21, 2013 at 11:14 PM

So, Chris, what exactly were you and your fellow leftists doing when they called Ovomit’s predecessor “Bushitler” and “Chimpy?”

JannyMae on August 21, 2013 at 11:21 PM

I call him sh1thead, but that doesn’t delegitimize him. He delegitimized himself long ago.

The Rogue Tomato on August 21, 2013 at 11:42 PM

I can’t believe Spittles still has a job.

They’re sorely ticked. Their God, the Nigerian Candidate, Mr. Hope and Change has been a disaster in every way you could dream up so of course they’re going to blame the “obstructionist”, “reactionary” Republicans.

Dr. ZhivBlago on August 22, 2013 at 6:16 AM

I call him Barry. To me its a sign of defiant affection. In other words, I don’t necessarily hate him but he really should be deposed (less congressionally impeached more federally indicted).
I try not to refer to him as Obama or Barrack. They both seem so disgusting. Insulting in and of themselves.

onomo on August 22, 2013 at 7:10 AM

Libfreeordie,

You seem to look at EVERYTHING through a prism of race, which leads a casual observor to wonder if you aren’t obsessed about it, much like a bigot is. Maybe you should go take a long hard look in the mirror the next time you feel the temptation to bandy terms like ‘racist’ about.

zoyclem on August 22, 2013 at 7:18 AM

Can President Barack HUSSAIN Obama Explain: Ignoring cries for help from Benghazi
Can President Barack HUSSAIN Obama Explain: The stand down order to not help Benghazi

Can President Barack HUSSAIN Obama Explain: The 12 days of lying about a youtube video and Benghazi
Can President Barack HUSSAIN Obama Explain: Illegal gun running Fast n Furious
Can President Barack HUSSAIN Obama Explain: Bugging AP phone lines

Can President Barack HUSSAIN Obama Explain: NSA spying on all Americans email and cell phones
Can President Barack HUSSAIN Obama Explain: IRS Violating the rights of tea partys to participate in elections
Can President Barack HUSSAIN Obama Explain: IRS officials having 157 white house meetings yet denying they discussed violating the rights of tea party members
Can President Barack HUSSAIN Obama Explain: The dept of justice dropping charges against the New Black Panthers ILLEGIAL voter intimidation in Philadelphia.
Can President Barack HUSSAIN Obama Explain: The EPA war on coal and the EPA violation of the Freedom of information Act’s by having Secret Email accounts.
Can President Barack HUSSAIN Obama Explain: Kickbacks to campaign donors with taxpayer loans that never get paid back, Say Solyndra
Can President Barack HUSSAIN Obama Explain: Trillion dollar deficits for each of his years
Can President Barack HUSSAIN Obama Explain: Closing down white hours tours, blaming Sequester, yet taking 100 million dollar taxpayer vacations in Africa
Can President Barack HUSSAIN Obama Explain: Illegal recess appointments
Can President Barack HUSSAIN Obama Explain: Banning Keystone pipeline when it will create jobs and reduce dependency on Foreign oil.
Can President Barack HUSSAIN Obama Explain: Why Fort Hood shooting by a radical muslim is labeled workplace violence, when the killer yelled Allah Akbar while murdering soldiers, and thus by declaring it workplace violence instead of an act of terrorism, soldiers are denied benefits.
Can President Barack HUSSAIN Obama Explain: If obamacare is so great why are there so many exemptions for Federal Employees, Congress and Obama campaign donors.
Can President Barack HUSSAIN Obama Explain: The dropping of million’s from being counted as unemployed, thus lying about the true unemployment Rate.
Can President Barack HUSSAIN Obama Explain: His refusal to enforce all laws, thus setting himself up as a defacto dictator by whim.

Can President Barack HUSSAIN Obama Explain: His refusal to seal the border and protect the Sovereignty of America and its laws.

sniffles1999 on August 22, 2013 at 8:29 AM

Nihilists live in some happy place between atheism and self righteousness I think. A finite place demanding no borders but all opposition is strictly prohibited. Like the DMV.
That’s right, Lib/Obama/freeordie is the DMV! Everyone’s in line, drawing more and more legitimate complaints about it, and when its all said and done no satisfaction will be guaranteed. Its still there, unchanging, and just by having that contact with it you feel like you need to wash your hands.
Nietzsche. I think. Or Berra.

onomo on August 22, 2013 at 8:37 AM

…..and still the gop can’t defeat these people?

(and you know why?…..because the gop IS THESE PEOPLE!!).

When the cameras are off they are back slapping and yucking it up with Matthews, Gregory, Schieffer, etc.

PappyD61 on August 22, 2013 at 8:58 AM

I haven’t gone through every comment, so forgive me if I am repeating something here.

Bobo is NOT legitimate, and never has been. Who gives a good damn how he is marginalized, deligitimized, humiliated, or mocked? Ruthlessly and mercilessly hammer this rat-eared scumbag on every front until he crumbles. If that’s not part of the plan, then we’re gonna lose again and again and again….

DrScottMD on August 22, 2013 at 9:16 AM

oh, more cris matthews…sigh

Chris Matthews: Republicans call Obama “Obama” to delegitimize him

No, republicans call him Barry Sotero when they want to make fun of his identity changes and denial that he was raised in a banking family and went to a very liberal elite private school, was a pot smoking loser, and has fabricated a new personna.

Cris is nutty.

Fleuries on August 22, 2013 at 9:39 AM

sniffles1999 on August 22, 2013 at 8:29 AM

I don’t want to sound too critical, ’cause that’s a GREAT list. : )
But “Hussain” is correctly spelled ‘Hussein‘.

listens2glenn on August 22, 2013 at 10:02 AM

I call Obama, Obutthole because its nicer than what I really want to call him.

paulsur on August 21, 2013 at 9:21 PM

Try this on for size ;)

( )o( )

Scrumpy on August 21, 2013 at 9:59 PM

. . . . . . Racists !

listens2glenn on August 22, 2013 at 10:06 AM

Chris Matthews proved his intelligence on the Celebrity Jeopardy
Idiot!

Art on August 22, 2013 at 10:13 AM

sniffles1999 on August 22, 2013 at 8:29 AM

Schweet! But you need to edit and correct the name like L2G says. ; )

Bmore on August 22, 2013 at 10:30 AM

Well, i guess i misspelled the first line, and it continued as i cut n pasted it through the remaining one’s.

i meant it to be the WHY we are against obama’s policy’s as ole tingles has a non stop twist on the race card to distract from the terrible job performance of obama.

sniffles1999 on August 22, 2013 at 10:55 AM

No matter how much you whine and snivel Tingles I’m not calling that jugeared jackass “Your Majesty” or “Your Grace”. You and he can just KMA.

Oldnuke on August 22, 2013 at 11:19 AM

sniffles1999 on August 22, 2013 at 10:55 AM

You fix, I will post that bad boy everywhere. Lolz! ; )

Bmore on August 22, 2013 at 11:58 AM

Jezz, Chris is in love with Obama. All the stuff they did to W? I don’t hate O, just cannot find issues to agree with him, find nothing admirable about him and disagree with fundamentally on things such as right to life, the US Constitution, purpose of government and more. Never thought he had the metal for the job, his performance so far confirms it.

StevC on August 22, 2013 at 12:28 PM

“Chris Matthews” is quickly becoming synonymous with abject stupidity and being completely void of common sense.

At the same, calling someone “Chris Matthews” might, in fact, be an effort to delegitimize them.

EdmundBurke247 on August 22, 2013 at 12:57 PM

Personally, when I want to delegitimize any of them, I just say “moron.” Works every time.

PJ Emeritus on August 22, 2013 at 1:16 PM

Oldnuke on August 22, 2013 at 11:19 AM

Come on. Chris isn’t even suggesting that you go that far. A simple “Lord Obama” would suffice.

tommyboy on August 22, 2013 at 1:22 PM

Here you go – took 2 secs. Find, replace all…

Can President Barack HUSSEIN Obama Explain: Ignoring cries for help from Benghazi
Can President Barack HUSSEIN Obama Explain: The stand down order to not help Benghazi
Can President Barack HUSSEIN Obama Explain: The 12 days of lying about a youtube video and Benghazi
Can President Barack HUSSEIN Obama Explain: Illegal gun running Fast n Furious
Can President Barack HUSSEIN Obama Explain: Bugging AP phone lines
Can President Barack HUSSEIN Obama Explain: NSA spying on all Americans email and cell phones
Can President Barack HUSSEIN Obama Explain: IRS Violating the rights of tea partys to participate in elections
Can President Barack HUSSEIN Obama Explain: IRS officials having 157 white house meetings yet denying they discussed violating the rights of tea party members
Can President Barack HUSSEIN Obama Explain: The dept of justice dropping charges against the New Black Panthers ILLEGIAL voter intimidation in Philadelphia.
Can President Barack HUSSEIN Obama Explain: The EPA war on coal and the EPA violation of the Freedom of information Act’s by having Secret Email accounts.
Can President Barack HUSSEIN Obama Explain: Kickbacks to campaign donors with taxpayer loans that never get paid back, Say Solyndra
Can President Barack HUSSEIN Obama Explain: Trillion dollar deficits for each of his years
Can President Barack HUSSEIN Obama Explain: Closing down white hours tours, blaming Sequester, yet taking 100 million dollar taxpayer vacations in Africa
Can President Barack HUSSEIN Obama Explain: Illegal recess appointments
Can President Barack HUSSEIN Obama Explain: Banning Keystone pipeline when it will create jobs and reduce dependency on Foreign oil.
Can President Barack HUSSEIN Obama Explain: Why Fort Hood shooting by a radical muslim is labeled workplace violence, when the killer yelled Allah Akbar while murdering soldiers, and thus by declaring it workplace violence instead of an act of terrorism, soldiers are denied benefits.
Can President Barack HUSSEIN Obama Explain: If obamacare is so great why are there so many exemptions for Federal Employees, Congress and Obama campaign donors.
Can President Barack HUSSEIN Obama Explain: The dropping of million’s from being counted as unemployed, thus lying about the true unemployment Rate.
Can President Barack HUSSEIN Obama Explain: His refusal to enforce all laws, thus setting himself up as a defacto dictator by whim.
Can President Barack HUSSEIN Obama Explain: His refusal to seal the border and protect the Sovereignty of America and its laws.
sniffles1999 on August 22, 2013 at 8:29 AM

Schadenfreude on August 22, 2013 at 1:25 PM

sniffles, here are a few more:

1. This

2. Personal e-mail accounts used illegally

3. Illegal gun running to Syria, via Benghazi

Schadenfreude on August 22, 2013 at 1:45 PM

Anything short of your majesty is an insult.

jhffmn on August 22, 2013 at 3:08 PM

Chris, you and obama discredit yourselves when you speak……

ALL

BY

YOURSELVES

Keep speaking.

TX-96 on August 22, 2013 at 3:15 PM

It is the Bart Simpson regime.
For me,Matthews is an entity that exists only on blogs.

gbear on August 22, 2013 at 3:39 PM

Schadenfreude on August 22, 2013 at 1:25 PM

You Sir, are a good one. ; )

Bmore on August 22, 2013 at 5:06 PM

I really really don’t give a rat’s red patoot what pissy chrissy Mathews says

JKotthoff on August 22, 2013 at 5:07 PM

Right, chriisy. You never called president Bush as Bush?

Chimpy, Bushitler and all the rest of the idiotic liberal names for GW Bush.

dthorny on August 22, 2013 at 5:22 PM

Tell you what, Matthews…I’ll call him “President”, if he calls me
“Admiral”

I will also except:

“Space Cowboy” and “Gangster of Love”

a5minmajor on August 22, 2013 at 6:17 PM

Tell you what, Matthews…I’ll call him “President”, if he calls me
“Admiral”

I will also except:

“Space Cowboy” and “Gangster of Love”

a5minmajor on August 22, 2013 at 6:17 PM

How about if he calls you Maurrrrrrrrrrrice ???

*whistles* :)

cableguy615 on August 22, 2013 at 8:37 PM

I draw the line at “Maurrrrice”

But I would call him Betty, and he can call Me Al.

a5minmajor on August 23, 2013 at 8:37 AM

The FACT his photo link supposedly showing the racism of the TEA Party actually shows the BLATANT racism of HIS side escapes LibTardODumbass, once again.

PJ Emeritus on August 23, 2013 at 11:44 AM

And I most often refer to Omaba as “Buttcrack.” Seems a perfect descriptor

PJ Emeritus on August 23, 2013 at 11:45 AM

On a good day I might call him Obama…..

texasgoat on August 25, 2013 at 2:34 PM