Reince Priebus: Romney’s call for “self-deportation” of illegals was racist and horrific; Update: Didn’t Rubio support self-deportation? Update: Priebus misquoted?

posted at 11:21 am on August 16, 2013 by Allahpundit

What’s the lamest thing about this? The almost frantic desperation to pander to Latinos with wildly over-the-top condemnation of Romney or the fact that, if he really believes what he’s saying, he kept his mouth shut and stuck with Mitt and the RNC for the duration of the campaign? Pro tip to Reince: If you think your nominee is horrifically racist, simple decency requires you to withdraw your endorsement and resign in protest.

At this rate, the showcase event at the 2016 convention will be a ceremonial burning of Romney in effigy in primetime.

Mitt Romney repeatedly used the term during the Republican primary campaign to talk about how his immigration enforcement policies would lead to unauthorized immigrants leaving the U.S. of their own accord, rather than needing to be deported.

“Using the word ‘self-deportation’ — it’s a horrific comment to make,” Priebus said, in a forceful rebuke. “I don’t think it has anything to do with our party. When someone makes those comments, obviously, it’s racist.”…

Priebus bristled when asked about [Steve] King’s comments on Thursday — specifically, one in which he said illegal immigrants have “calves the size of cantaloupes” so they can haul “75 pounds of marijuana across the desert.”

“Well, of course, it’s hurtful,” Priebus said of those comments. “Of course, it hurts. … Just, not good.”

Steve King talking about illegals being drug mules is merely “hurtful” whereas Romney suggesting that illegals who can’t find work would have to return home is “racist” and “horrific.” Anyone think Priebus would choose those respective adjectives if Romney wasn’t old news and King wasn’t a potentially vulnerable incumbent? In fact, this isn’t even effective as pandering. How many Latino voters are going to be so impressed by the RNC chair’s now-costless denunciation of a former nominee that they’d consider voting for the party? And how many border hawks who vote for the GOP in part because they’re the only bulwark (in theory) against amnesty will be alienated by what he said here? There are almost certainly more people in column two than in column one.

Lefty Benjy Sarlin notes that self-deportation is actually part of the official platform of Reince Priebus’s RNC. Right — and it’s also necessarily part of the Gang of Eight’s plan for immigration reform. That’s the punchline here. For all the opportunistic liberal demagoguery of what Romney said, self-deportation is the whole point behind measures like E-Verify, which the Gang’s bill purports to strengthen. An illegal crosses the border, starts looking for work, finds that he keeps getting pinged by E-V, and decides to head home. Self-deportation, just like Romney — and apparently Chuck Schumer, John McCain, and Marco Rubio — imagined. But we don’t need to overthink this. Priebus’s goal wasn’t to critique the idea of self-deportation on the merits, it was to ostentatiously “rebrand” by smearing the last nominee in the same lazy way that Democrats do. Good work, Reince. Enjoy the e-mails next week from your small-money donors. Exit question: Second look at Michael Steele?

Update: Via Morgen Richmond, watch the end of this clip from 2009. Is self-deportation, a.k.a. attrition through enforcement, also horrific when Marco Rubio’s pushing it?

Update: According to Peter Hamby of CNN, Priebus is getting a raw deal from Business Insider — sort of.

That’s a relief. Not racist, just horrific. Apologies. Belated second exit question: When will the RNC rescind the horrific self-deportation policy in its platform?

Update: Also, which other parts of the Republican platform have become “horrific” between last September and now? Inquiring minds want to know.

Update: According to William Jacobson at Legal Insurrection, the RNC press office confirmed the “racist” quote when he contacted them about it this morning. Evidently someone there misheard what Priebus said the same way Business Insider did. Oh well — no one’s disputing “horrific.”

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3 4

RWM, I know what you meant – negative. I won’t e-mail, so long as the NSA is on to us.

Schadenfreude on August 16, 2013 at 2:55 PM

Over

Bmore on August 16, 2013 at 2:55 PM

Hah, told you I’d git you :)

Schadenfreude on August 16, 2013 at 2:56 PM

Schadenfreude on August 16, 2013 at 2:55 PM

I’ll get you for that. ; )

Bmore on August 16, 2013 at 2:56 PM

Lolz! ; )

Bmore on August 16, 2013 at 2:56 PM

I listened a few times and it sounds like he says “someone who…obviously is racist”. It’s garbled but it doesn’t sound like “hurt us”.

BoxHead1 on August 16, 2013 at 2:39 PM

This current invocation of “Racist!” reminds me of the Seinfeld episode when Kramer gets kicked in the head and afterwards randomly yells out “Yo Yo Ma!”. Who knows what he said, and it doesn’t mean anything anymore anyway. It’s just something race-baiters say when they get upset. “Racist!”. Maybe RP got kicked in the head. Maybe he has a concussion. “Racist!”.

Paul-Cincy on August 16, 2013 at 2:56 PM

You wanted to smile, you got it Bmore :)

Schadenfreude on August 16, 2013 at 2:56 PM

What do you have to do to get to the top of the page anymore.

Paul-Cincy on August 16, 2013 at 2:57 PM

Hey RWM, word is we have a “Teacher” on here from time to time…

Or Perfessor….anyway, here you go.

ToddPA on August 16, 2013 at 2:58 PM

I just let him know that his dream has come true.

Resist We Much on August 16, 2013 at 2:45 PM

The “Coke flavored ones” s/b fun…play on words :)

Schadenfreude on August 16, 2013 at 2:59 PM

Interesting headlines thread on youth’ letdown from obama…

Schadenfreude on August 16, 2013 at 3:01 PM

No, I hate leftist scum :)

Schadenfreude on August 16, 2013 at 2:55 PM

Ha!

How about you, Bmore? Remind him that the clock is ticking. He’ll know to what you refer. :-)

Resist We Much on August 16, 2013 at 3:02 PM

Pues, hijo. Google Translate es un gran regalo por los estudiantes de la mentira. Tonto toro, tomas una servilleta. Hay ca**r en su voca.

Lo siento por mi despacio lengua pero necesito practicar. Mi gramatico y syntax chupan.

Capitalist Hog on August 16, 2013 at 2:04 PM

Tus habilidades con el idioma castellano no valen una mierda.

steebo77 on August 16, 2013 at 3:05 PM

Resist We Much on August 16, 2013 at 3:02 PM

; )

Bmore on August 16, 2013 at 3:06 PM

I have a hawk problem. Two of them relentlessly taking the birds at the feeders. Its getting old. Kinda like sow and the libby.

Bmore on August 16, 2013 at 3:07 PM

Bmore on August 16, 2013 at 3:07 PM

Shoot them.

Resist We Much on August 16, 2013 at 3:12 PM

Paul-Cincy on August 16, 2013 at 2:56 PM

I totally agree. It’s become a word with no meaning. Except, the NAACP can threaten you with the long arm of the DOJ if you get pegged as one. And if RP is using it in the same cavalier way that Libfweeeandblahblah does then … well, what’s the point in voting R? But , yeah, it’s pretty much an empty word.

BoxHead1 on August 16, 2013 at 3:13 PM

Bmore on August 16, 2013 at 3:07 PM

You’re problem is that you’re not streaming a live webcam of the bird feeder.

DFCtomm on August 16, 2013 at 3:17 PM

Schad…

Axe ‏@SketchbookAxe 3m

@SophieRo3 A man wonders how women think of him. You sigh, link candles and kissing? Nope. You rotf, link Cheetos and sex with cats.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Resist We Much on August 16, 2013 at 3:17 PM

Bmore on August 16, 2013 at 3:07 PM

Turn off the Harriet Tubman ‘sex tape’ and both sow and libby will hightail it out of there. lol

Resist We Much on August 16, 2013 at 3:18 PM

Priebus is the worst enemy the Republicans have. He is tied into the Rubio-Flake-McCain-Graham pander wing that even McCain admits will not get the GOP a single Hispanic vote. This is why Obamacare (albeit extremely serious) does not bother me as much as some because my fear is that Amnesty will open the floodgates that will not only spell the end of the two-party system but the end of an English-speaking America.

MaiDee on August 16, 2013 at 3:21 PM

Shoot them.

Resist We Much on August 16, 2013 at 3:12 PM

Well I have to confess to loving all birds of prey. Quandary. ; )

Bmore on August 16, 2013 at 3:24 PM

DFCtomm on August 16, 2013 at 3:17 PM

I know, right? I even have the camera, just have to set it up. That and something that is similar in sound to a loud hand clap. ; )

Bmore on August 16, 2013 at 3:26 PM

Resist We Much on August 16, 2013 at 3:18 PM

Lolz! ; )

Bmore on August 16, 2013 at 3:27 PM

You can’t rule the world if you have borders around your country.
-any elitist in DC

unseen on August 16, 2013 at 3:32 PM

Wow, Politico’s practically in tears over the sad state of Republican prospects.

Akzed on August 16, 2013 at 3:58 PM

Pic of the Day: Seriously Awkward

Resist We Much on August 16, 2013 at 3:56 PM

That’s gonna leave a mark!

CurtZHP on August 16, 2013 at 4:01 PM

What else do you expect from the architect of Partido Republicano Legado?

Steve Eggleston on August 16, 2013 at 4:26 PM

We should have a rule that if you are the captain of the presidential campaign ship and it sinks on Election Day, then your job is terminated. Unless we prune the deadwood, the tree will not bloom.

cww on August 16, 2013 at 5:12 PM

RE; Racist.

I officially don’t care anymore.

Meremortal on August 16, 2013 at 5:19 PM

Speaking of racist and horrific…..

Don’t you have a rodeoNAMBLA meeting to go to?

CurtZHP on August 16, 2013 at 11:27 AM

fixed

If you have sons under 13 keep ‘em away from Crapitalist Prog

cableguy615 on August 16, 2013 at 5:38 PM

Take note of how the coward sow never posts early. Never dares to post its rants here. Plenty of space, no comments. Coward.

Bmore on August 16, 2013 at 5:45 PM

Matter of fact sow, why don’t you meet me over there? We can discuss all your racial issues there. What do you say?

Bmore on August 16, 2013 at 5:59 PM

I don’t know if they’re trying to emulate Obama’s successful strategery in 2012,……

Doughboy on August 16, 2013 at 12:05 PM

You mean lie, cheat/steal the next election ?? That may be the only way , except the Dums and the Meanstreak Media wouldn’t let them get away with it !

cableguy615 on August 16, 2013 at 6:18 PM

New Steyn…

Idiot Big Brother

Resist We Much on August 16, 2013 at 6:23 PM

The GOP is their Party people.

Let them have it. Can we get to work on raising up a Party that advocates the causes of a clear majority of the electorate?

sartana on August 16, 2013 at 6:26 PM

Capitalist Hog on August 16, 2013 at 2:04 PM

Tu mamá debe obtener un Grammy para su show de burro.

HornetSting on August 16, 2013 at 7:00 PM

When I listen to the tape at Legal Insurrection, just shortly after “horrific” is said, I hear “racist.”

EastofEden on August 16, 2013 at 7:08 PM

The Yahoo News Voter demographic is getting this little nugget as a top story….sorry Sean.

Are conservatives getting tired of Sean Hannity?

The conservative star could lose both his prime-time Fox News slot and his radio show

Last week, the Drudge Report reported rumors that Fox News stalwart Sean Hannity was getting booted from his prime-time slot in favor of Megyn Kelly.

Today, Mediate “learned from multiple talk radio sources” that Hannity will get the heave-ho from Cumulus radio, a rumor backed up by a brash Michael Savage:

I predict, right here, right now, that I Michael Savage and the Savage Nation is going to take over The Sean Hannity Show time slot by the end of the year. He’s probably a nice guy, but his time is come and his time has gone. I am the heir apparent to afternoon drive on the East Coast and around America on Cumulus stations, which have the most powerful stations in the radio world. [Mediaite]
Has Sean Hannity lost his appeal among conservative viewers and listeners?

Not really. Hannity still blows away the competition in his 9 p.m. slot on Fox News, easily trouncing CNN’s Piers Morgan and MSNBC’s Rachel Maddow.

But his current audience may not be what his bosses are worried about. Indeed, his rumored ouster could simply be a reflection of Fox News chief Roger Ailes’ plans for the future. Salon’s Jordan Chariton points out that Fox News lost 11 percent of its younger viewers, ages 25 to 54, in the second quarter of 2013 compared to the same time last year.

As for Hannity’s radio show, it still draws the second-biggest audience in talk radio, trailing only The Rush Limbaugh Show. The problem there is reportedly Hannity’s $20 million a year salary. Savage might not beat Hannity’s ratings, but Cumulus could ultimately see a higher profit margin by paying Savage less.

I never listen to him anymore because of his continued sucking up to the RNC powers that be (like Preibus). I don’t want to hear Karl Rove talking about how evil the Democrats are when the gop is just the 2nd democratic party (loving GIANT government just like the Dems).

And I’m not the only one surely.

PappyD61 on August 16, 2013 at 7:39 PM

Yeah, sure, Capitalist Hog & HornetSting, I know exactly what you’re saying?!?
I haven’t yet been re-educated.

Preibus is the Rino’s best friend & the conservative’s worst nightmare.
Its almost like the RNC puts him there so they’re set up to lose.
Same thing with the House. 2 times Speaker rino was voted in…by conservatives!!!!

You are now entering the twilight zone.

Belle on August 16, 2013 at 7:41 PM

so complete open borders, complete open citizenship is the GOP base platform now?

joeindc44 on August 16, 2013 at 7:43 PM

HornetSting on August 16, 2013 at 7:00 PM

Good idea, maybe he will be more responsive in non English. ; )

Bmore on August 16, 2013 at 7:46 PM

She?

Bmore on August 16, 2013 at 7:46 PM

Fire Priebus effective immediately.

Prieus’s absurd abject pandering isn’t the only ‘horrific’ thing about that statement. He’s also viciously lashing out against every single American who voted for Romney, and every American who supports the rule of law and wants to see existing federal immigration law enforced fully and vigorously.

I will not vote for any candidate for any public office who supports AMNESTY in any form or degree for illegal aliens.

I’m contemplating voting for the opposition should the GOP betray the American citizens and legal immigrants by passing any form of amnesty. In this way, they not only have to find one more vote to replace me if I stay home altogether… they have to find three more… one to replace my lost vote… one to match the one I cast for the opposition… and one more to put then ahead.

If the GOP betrays us… if they will not be instructed by either facts or example.. then they deserve to feel it at the polls.

thatsafactjack on August 16, 2013 at 7:47 PM

EastofEden on August 16, 2013 at 7:08 PM

I hear racist as well.

claudius on August 16, 2013 at 7:56 PM

…Rinsed Peni$!

KOOLAID2 on August 16, 2013 at 8:03 PM

Capitalist Hog on June 27, 2013 at 5:20 AM

This is probably my all time favorite comment from HA. I think of it every time I see Ms. Piggy.

DFCtomm on August 16, 2013 at 2:24 PM

WOW … I missed that one, “in real time.”

Thanks for re-posting

listens2glenn on August 16, 2013 at 8:16 PM

On second listening with some good headphones it does sound like hurts us.

Still, we’re now in the position of the Whigs, divided and unable to articulate a clear policy. Furthermore, this bozo taking a shot at Romney to advance some sort of pro-amnesty position makes me sick. The term “self deportation” is horrific?

claudius on August 16, 2013 at 8:21 PM

Romney’s good, sensible policy on illegal immigrants is one of the things I liked most about him.

Reince is worthless trash to smear it in this way and to give the Democrat party all kinds of ammo for their lies.

FIRE REINCE ASAP.

Reince is a pathetic loser.

bluegill on August 16, 2013 at 8:21 PM

Where do I go to support the campaign to fire Reince? Enough is enough.

Reince is a Guy Benson-like amnesty supporting loser!

bluegill on August 16, 2013 at 8:24 PM

Did you ‘talk’ with Tom Daschle?

Resist We Much on August 16, 2013 at 2:45 PM

No, I hate leftist scum :)

Schadenfreude on August 16, 2013 at 2:55 PM

Schadenfreude on August 16, 2013 at 2:55 PM

Headquarters ? ….. yeah, they know we’re on to ‘em.

Change stategy to plan B.

listens2glenn on August 16, 2013 at 8:33 PM

FIRE REINCE ASAP.

Reince is a pathetic loser.

bluegill on August 16, 2013 at 8:21 PM

Where do I go to support the campaign to fire Reince? Enough is enough.

Reince is a Guy Benson-like amnesty supporting loser!

bluegill on August 16, 2013 at 8:24 PM

Oh no ….. I agree with bluegill again …..

What can I possibly do about this ? . . . . . . . . . . . . . . I GOT IT !
Make Sarah the RNC Chair … : )

listens2glenn on August 16, 2013 at 8:38 PM

Bmore on August 16, 2013 at 3:07 PM

If you’re near your birdfeeder with any regularity, keep a large umbrella close to hand. Pop out your door when you catch sight of the hawk and whip it open real quick. You’re like a lizard who puffs up his throat in order to make his enemies think he’s bigger than he is. lol

I had a cooper’s hawk a couple summers back who was hunting my feeders pretty routinely. It only took about a week of this rude treatment before she huffed off.

Murf76 on August 16, 2013 at 8:49 PM

Capitalist Hog on August 16, 2013 at 2:04 PM

That ain’t the only thing that sucks pork chop.

Tu mamá debe obtener un Grammy para su show de burro.

HornetSting on August 16, 2013 at 7:00 PM

He always did like the zoo.

arnold ziffel on August 16, 2013 at 8:49 PM

The Republican establishment is horrific.

David Blue on August 16, 2013 at 8:59 PM

Murf76 on August 16, 2013 at 8:49 PM

Thanks Murf, I have definitely been rude to both of them. Lolz! Persistent this two. Paragons.

Bmore on August 16, 2013 at 9:19 PM

OH! Hori Stick?

Why was he comparing Governor Romney’s self deportation idea to a knife or blade tool seldom or never seen in the US or an oriental weapon in a video game?

Maybe he does drink or something.

I’m not donating with all this trouble, I can tell you that.

IlikedAUH2O on August 16, 2013 at 10:12 PM

The real horrific thing is that Republicans have a policy of waiting for criminals to turn themselves in.

We need a political party that will enforce the law to challenge the two pro-crime parties.

Buddahpundit on August 16, 2013 at 10:40 PM

How about an RNC head who has a name that doesn’t sound like a Greek toilet cleanser?

profitsbeard on August 17, 2013 at 1:35 AM

Reince – …You are a disgrace. How is making things uncomfortable for illegals to the point they go home being racist? What a pandering wimp you are.

one free individual on August 16, 2013 at 11:31 AM

I heard most of Reince’s speech yesterday on a Fox broadcast — to whom, didn’t notice — but he sounded drunk or similar: speech sooo slowwww as to be suspiciously weird…

Surely the GOP can come up with better talent than this. And if I was Romney, I’d bop Reince in the nose.

With Karl ROve, Jeb-Rubio-crowd, Mitchell, Priebus, on and on, the GOP continues to be as out of touch with us the voters as they can work it and maybe that’s their goal.

Lourdes on August 17, 2013 at 4:13 AM

Here’s the state of mind that I think describes the “career political class” people in the GOP:

They define an eighteen percent populational-point of view or “demand” and decide upon that that the entire GOP has to go nuts about that demand, be defined by it.

Then they identify a twelve percent group from among the voting population and add that on as a secondary thing to push.

THEN they focus on two election nominees who insist on campaigning on those two issues. And they refuse to listen to the opinions of the rest of the voters.

And we, the rest of the voters, are left to wonder just whattheheck we’re fighting for anymore and why because they’re not listening to us and we’re being asked to support candidates who are dedicated to points of view we really don’t want to.

Lourdes on August 17, 2013 at 4:18 AM

And, as to what Reince said or is said to have said:

– if not “self deportation,” then, what? We’re told deportation is “racist,” then that asking foreign nationals illegally in the US to go home is “racist,” that they “can’t break up” their “families,” but we’re nutty wacko birds for respecting laws?

That’s not leadership — from either party — and these politicians who are saying such corrupt things as Reince is alleged to have said are no better than the gangsters in their mobs and cartels who ALSO strive to rationalize every possible reason as to why the laws and right actions don’t apply to them.

I don’t consider a person’s race as to illegal aliens. They’re here illegally, they’re illegal aliens and it’s not a case of their race but their behavior. And they do need to self deport or be deported by the nation. Either way, neither political party is willing to respect the law and enforce it.

Lourdes on August 17, 2013 at 4:24 AM

Stolen from the comments on this at Ace’s:

This is a declaration of war by the GOP on its base.

cool breeze on August 16, 2013 at 11:50 AM

I think the pivotal declaration of that was when GW slurred us Mericans as “xenophobic” when he was criticized on lax border security and surging illegal alien populations in the US.

GW is likable and respected, to me, for his work in Office but he really was/is a Liberal. That “xenophobic” slur of his did more damage to the voters on the Right, and hurt morale and good faith in the GOP, more than nearly anything.

Lourdes on August 17, 2013 at 4:29 AM

Lourdes on August 17, 2013 at 4:13 AM

By supporting mass immigration, forced integration, and continuing affirmative action for immigrants legal and illegal, the politicians are genociding whites.

That means the politicians are getting rid of their actual base and replacing it with a new population base which they are importing.

The politicians are trying to line up with that new base, which will be far to the left of the old base. Hispanics are not natural conservatives. (Which means any politician who is for open borders and claims to be conservative on other issues is lying.)

As for the old base voters – they have to keep voting Republican because they have nowhere else to go, and in the long run they won’t exist, so why do anything for them or care about them at all?

David Blue on August 17, 2013 at 4:32 AM

Lourdes on August 17, 2013 at 4:29 AM

People who don’t want to do what’s right for America.

David Blue on August 17, 2013 at 4:36 AM

Look who has joined forces at FWD.US to push amnesty:

Silicon Valley Billionaires who want cheap foreign programmers,

Obama campaign workers/community organizers,

and GOP operatives chasing big bucks.

Surprise, surprise.

fred5678 on August 17, 2013 at 5:44 AM

Preebus (sp?? I like phonetics, not anagrams) never saw this poll:

63% of Blacks
62% of Republicans
60% of Independents
50% of Democrats
40% of Hispanics …. prefer attrition through enforcement, a la self deportation.

Sounds like a winning demographic!!!!!

Sadly, Preebus will LOSE most conservatives and gain none of the 54% of Hispanics who favor amnesty (and are already Democrats), thus ensuring a quick death of the GOP.

If the GOP passes amnesty, they will get ZERO CREDIT from the open-borders crowd — Harry Reid and Chuckie Schumer will get all the credit for twisting the arms of Boehner and Cantor.

fred5678 on August 17, 2013 at 6:01 AM

fred5678 on August 17, 2013 at 5:44 AM

Thanks for those links.

David Blue on August 17, 2013 at 6:09 AM

fred5678 on August 17, 2013 at 6:01 AM

And they’ll deserve it.

Besides, the GOP is selling out its supporters. You’d have to be stupid to think: “that makes me want to be a GOP supporter!”

David Blue on August 17, 2013 at 6:13 AM

At what point is it time for Reince Priebus to be fired? Do we wait until Republicans are trounced in another election and then make him the so-called “sacrificial lamb” that allows us to continue ignoring all the other factors which lead to the death of a party?

Or perhaps, we can wait until Reince claims he actually had something to do with Republicans winning in a midterm election, where people are so angry and dismayed at Washington an opposition consisting of space aliens could probably win seats.

What the Republican Party lacks from top to bottom is consistent, disciplined leadership and this is further evidence of it. When you start to eat your children, it means you’ve run out of other things to eat. How we are not feasting on the opposition in this troubling economic and social climate is mind boggling. It displays a level of ineptitude that is not just troubling, but completely bereft of competence.

How hard is it for an opposition party to craft, articulate and build consensus behind wise, popular policies which will put our country back on track? Isn’t this their singular reason for existence? Well, apparently it’s too hard for impotent people who dare to call themselves leaders. Their too busy producing endless recriminations from two years ago, formulating policy based on who will give them money, speaking badly of other party members and doing their best to look like a “lite” version of the Democrats.

It’s not the party, it’s the people. Until they are gone, get familiar with the landscape.

Marcus Traianus on August 17, 2013 at 7:23 AM

Why push Amnesty?

Other than the obvious answer that business wants to pay cash to Maria and Pedro to do something for 33 cents compared to paying an American $1.00, why would our political and culture leaders support the dissolution of the US?

Because:

1. At their core, Rulers in history have always lusted after more power and influence over the dumb serfs.

2. They know the American birth rate has collapsed and will not be able to keep up with the demographic tsunami that is going to swallow up Europe in the coming decades. Islam will become the dominant religion there by 2030.

3. They want to weaken the rising Middle class that is showing up in growing numbers at golf clubs, sailing regattas and other wealthy functions. Cut off the middle incomers and protect the Hamptons from the Duck Dynasty crowd.

There you go. It’s really pretty simple.

PappyD61 on August 17, 2013 at 8:43 AM

Priebus is merely doing the bidding of his masters in the GOPE. At one time I thought he had a conservative backbone, but that’s easy to fake during elections. The true test is in off years where the only ones watching are reading Hot Air and Redstate. Priebus fails the true test miserably.

Even ole Hannity is starting to make third party noises. If the GOPE goes much further down this amnesty road, we’ll have one, which perhaps is what the GOPE wants in the first place.

kdlee on August 17, 2013 at 9:09 AM

I have renamed the Republican party. They are now…

The Institutional Republican Party

Might as well go full pander…

Fallon on August 17, 2013 at 9:28 AM

Alienating your base, who are actual legal American voters, in favor of a bunch of welfare sucking illegals, is stupid

TexasJew on August 17, 2013 at 10:24 AM

UPDATE: The republican party is an epic fail.

When I wake up in the morning to read this, and it no longer bothers me or make the hair on my neck stand up in anger, I think perhaps I don’t care anymore. ….I would imagine that might be a problem. I am an older adult that has been engaged in the political realm for many decades.

I have finally figured out that nothing I say or do matters much. The elite are the elite, regardless of party. I am disappointed.

shar61 on August 17, 2013 at 10:47 AM

shar61 on August 17, 2013 at 10:47 AM

Well, we can all stop blaming ourselves at least.

The world has been going to heck for fifty years, but it isn’t because “people didn’t care enough” as the guilt-mongers always imply. It’s because there is a ruling class that favors bad policies and couldn’t care less what the people think, feel, want, need or do. In fact their plans include eliminating us and replacing us with third world hordes, and that plan is going well.

So the coming years are going to bring us, collectively, much harm but no guilt at all.

David Blue on August 17, 2013 at 11:45 AM

Like I said before, the idea that Mitt Romney is racist is a joke. Every misstep made by the RNC and TP confirms how badly Tea Party extremists effed up by staying home.

There is no other blame, not immigrants, not phony voters, not moderates…Tea Party extremist losers killed the GOP. There won’t be a Republican in the executive branch who was not appointed by a Dem for at least a decade.

Speaking of racist and horrific…..

Don’t you have a rodeo to go to?

CurtZHP on August 16, 2013 at 11:27 AM

Indeed, Mrs Y bucks like a bronco.

Capitalist Hog on August 17, 2013 at 1:31 PM

what Romney meant was, E-Verify would be implemented hence the jobs would dry up and most illegals would simply return to their nation of origin. I just can’t see how that could be construed as racist?? This Priebus has some real personal issues that he needs to deal with. He needs to resign.

Darvin Dowdy on August 17, 2013 at 1:38 PM

I just can’t see how that could be construed as racist??

It’s not racist.

Darvin Dowdy on August 17, 2013 at 1:38 PM

Priebus was misquoted. But he allowed himself to be.

Capitalist Hog on August 17, 2013 at 1:43 PM

Priebus is sending a message. “Romney” and “self-deporting” are code for “conservatives are horrific”. His message is directed at “Latino vote” activists, pro-amnesty-businesses, and the Democrat leadership.

He’s messaging, telling his desired constituents the direction the GOP is headed.

After the 2012-election,GOP leadership assured us we lost because “Old-White-Conservative!”… Having thus defined the “problem”, Priebus, et al, then began to execute their solution – a plan to attract “Latino votes” (and other minority votes), not by extolling the virtues of American conservatism, but by visibly elevating the interests of millions of citizens of foreign nations above that of American citizens by shoving “Immigration Reform” down our throats.

Publicly, Priebus, et al, assure us if they pass just this one bill, the “Latino votes” will turn out for Republican candidates, and as for conservative’s concerns.. “Look Over There! Border Security-Surge Squirrel!”.

What Priebus and the “GOP gangsters” are not talking about is what policy/platform changes the GOP will be making to ensure those “Latino votes” continue to turn out election after election, ongoing.

As the “Latino vote” has a natural left-of-center affinity, the GOP leadership-gang have decided that since they couldn’t ‘beat em’ they would ‘join em’.

They are going to shift the party left – which means of course eventually throwing conservatives under the bus.

Otherwise, once the victory-glow of passing the bill fades, even though their flooding of the manual & STEM labor markets with cheap foreign workers is making their open-borders-loving business cronies giddy with greed and corruption, they would lose the “Latino vote” they lied so hard to get…

Welcome to the new “Left-ish Republican Party”…

DrDeano on August 17, 2013 at 4:19 PM

There is a scene in Monty Python and The Holy Grail where an errant Knight appears unexpectedly at a Wedding Party that the Knight suspects is filled with murderers and infidedels.

The Knight goes on a Rampage and “resolves” the entire Wedding Party and guests including the Bride and the Priest/

This scene needs to be re-enacted in The Republican Establishment, and feature Reince Priebus as one of the Wedding Guests.

It should also feature McCain. Grahamnesty, Dick Durbin, Chuck Shoomer, Wolf Blitzer, Andrea Mitchell, Chris Matthews, Brian Willians and a host of others as memebers of The Wedding Party.

williamg on August 17, 2013 at 4:27 PM

DrDeano on August 17, 2013 at 4:19 PM

What you said is true.

Under the bus and onto what Ronald Reagan called “the ash-heap of history”.

David Blue on August 17, 2013 at 5:27 PM

No Romney’s comment was not racist. Geez.

terryannonline on August 17, 2013 at 5:44 PM

MaiDee on August 16, 2013 at 3:21 PM

You are right on two counts: 1) Reince Priebus is likely the worst RNC chair ever. 2) the floodgates will open. Studies show that the illegals who received amnesty in 1986 sponsored an average of five through chain migration. If that number holds true, and 11 million (probably a low-ball figure), that means 66 million total over 20 years along with millions more because the border won’t be secured.

bw222 on August 17, 2013 at 9:15 PM

It is interesting that Allahpundit immediately decided to believe the worst before he actually had the quote right…and then of course it is taken out of context. Sheesh people…no wonder conservatives can not win national elections…they are too busy stabbing each other in the back.

Terrye on August 18, 2013 at 10:49 AM

Prebius was a stronger supporter of Mitt Romney than most of the people who comment at this blog. And most of the commenters at this blog had no problem calling Romney names and going after every word he said if they disagreed even a little bit. What a bunch of hypocrites. I voted for Romney and I supported him and because of that I took a lot of crap from truCons on this site and now all of a sudden you guys are worried about something someone might have said that was not completely supportive. Gag me.

Terrye on August 18, 2013 at 10:57 AM

The real problem in this is the desire by the pro-amnesty forces to describe their opposition in the most vile manner possible.

Regardless of the exact terminology in this particular speach, the divisive comments by Priebus cannot possible expand the ‘Republican tent’.

Freddy on August 18, 2013 at 3:22 PM

Reince Priebus should deport himself for inflicting a name with both “ie” and “ei” on us.

Sherman1864 on August 18, 2013 at 7:58 PM

Terrye on August 18, 2013 at 10:57 AM

I voted for Romney for I had no choice than that or staying home.

Which many potential supporters apparently did.
Reince stinks and so did Romney.

Gag on that!

Sherman1864 on August 18, 2013 at 8:02 PM

Rinse Prius is out of battery. He needs to be traded-in.

BTW, look at his bio. Almost as thin as the president’s

virgo on August 21, 2013 at 12:04 AM