posted at 2:01 pm on August 13, 2013 by Allahpundit

Skip to 3:45 for the key bit, in which a guy who’s willing to go nuclear in a quixotic bid to defund ObamaCare warns his party not to be too obstinate in resisting immigration reform — or else. Mark Krikorian summarizes his logic this way:

In fairness to him, Rubio’s not making this up. Amnesty shills on the left have warned, with increasing volume lately, that King Barack might decide to grant de facto amnesty to illegals via executive order for the remainder of his term if nothing passes Congress. That’s their way — and now Marco Rubio’s way — of trying to scare House Republicans into action. The surprise isn’t that O, who’s willing to dispense with key provisions from his own health-care law for political reasons, might entertain a power grab that lawless. The surprise is that a Republican senator who ran as a tea-party star seems to be treating the idea as some sort of viable Democratic trump card rather than as an egregious outrage. Why does funding ObamaCare, which, for all its faults, was duly passed by Congress, cross a philosophical red line for him whereas the idea of the president essentially seizing power from Congress over immigration doesn’t? To hear O tell it, the whole reason he’s resorted to unilateral executive action is because he’s grumpy that obstructionist Republicans won’t move his agenda. Here’s Rubio saying, “Yeah, we’d better stop doing that, so that at least we get half a loaf.” Did candidate Rubio think the GOP should also have compromised on universal health care, lest Obama pass some form of ObamaCare via executive fiat?

The worst part is that Obama himself acknowledged last month that he “probably” doesn’t have the authority to do something like this. He moved the Overton window towards the GOP, and now here’s Rubio moving it back towards the Democrats. What he should have said to the interviewer was that if O tries anything like this, he’ll file suit in federal court claiming a breach of separation of powers and move to filibuster all legislation pending in the Senate until Obama rescinds the order. Instead he’s in McCain mode: Just as Maverick seems eager to push the Democratic talking point that the GOP will never win another national election if they don’t pass some form of amnesty, here’s Rubio treating Obama’s executive overreach as a political fact of life rather than as a catalyst for serious congressional pushback. And the big punchline is that that habit of overreach actually argues against passing reform, not for it. If Rubio’s worried about an executive gone rogue (and I use the word “worried” loosely), his chief concern should be that the Gang of Eight bill will pass and then Obama will simply ignore the border-security provisions like he did the employer mandate in ObamaCare. Better to pass nothing in that case and withhold even the barest perception of congressional sanction for that sort of unconstitutional behavior than sell your constituents on all the new enforcement measures in your plan and then have Obama pick and choose which parts to enforce and which to ignore from the legislative smorgasbord you’ve assembled for him.

Exit question: How did we as a country get to the point of having to game out major legislative initiatives by first determining just how lawless the president’s response to them will be? Doesn’t that bother Rubio more than the idea of immigration reform petering out?

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3

Approximately one year ago I was pushing for Marco Rubio to be the Republican candidate for, not vice-president, but pre4sident. On behalf of everyone I humbly apologize for having promoted this total moron. “:If we don’t pass immigration reform, Obama might legalize illegals by executive order.” This just may be the stupidest rationalatiion I have heard in a generation! Again my apologies for being suckered by this total idiot.

MaiDee on August 13, 2013 at 2:35 PM

Damn fine post right here. It takes Smart people to realize
when they’ve been lied to, and turn around and no longer
support those who lied.

ToddPA on August 13, 2013 at 2:55 PM

I’m sorry I should clarify….it wasn’t an ad Matt Lewis did. He was highlighting it for it being anti-Hispanic

terryannonline on August 13, 2013 at 2:55 PM

Tater Salad on August 13, 2013 at 2:46 PM

congress controls the purse strings and that’s how they can most legitimately control the president. don’t be sick of defunding talk or you have no ready recourse.

how would you tie him up in the courts?

gracie on August 13, 2013 at 2:56 PM

If only the Founders had worked out some sort of checks on the Executive branch.

rogerb on August 13, 2013 at 2:06 PM

Durr…

Living document or something /

tetriskid on August 13, 2013 at 2:11 PM

A dead letter.

BoxHead1 on August 13, 2013 at 2:58 PM

Rubio is doing Obamas bidding. He has joined the dark side and is now a sith.

sadsushi on August 13, 2013 at 2:59 PM

So who was the ad posted by?

Bmore on August 13, 2013 at 2:59 PM

You might want to be a wee bit more diligent with your reading in the future.

Bmore on August 13, 2013 at 3:01 PM

So who was the ad posted by?

Bmore on August 13, 2013 at 2:59 PM

I guess Mickey Kaus was asking readers to submit videos….so he linked it.

And I’ve heard similar arguments from commenters here and other websites. It’s not a unique argument from the anti-immigration crowd.

terryannonline on August 13, 2013 at 3:02 PM

Rubio 2016!!!! w00t!!!

Good God. What a feckless weenie.

crrr6 on August 13, 2013 at 3:04 PM

Matt Lewis posted an ad trying to scare white people “OMG! America is gonna become brown.”

terryannonline on August 13, 2013 at 2:52 PM

Your link makes it look like Lewis authored the video or at least supported it. I assume that was an oversight on your part.

However, I watched the video. I didn’t like it. I particularly didn’t like that part. The other points were reasonable ones, but poorly presented.

So, good. You found one. However, I see no evidence that such views are prevalent among conservatives. Honestly, I would say that if you have such views, then you probably aren’t a conservative. I don’t agree on litmus tests, but I would tend to think that part of being a conservative means believing in the “great American melting pot”.

However, to me, that means “Legal Immigration”, not “amnesty”

Chris of Rights on August 13, 2013 at 3:05 PM

I have never met nor heard of anyone ever stating that there is no racism in the US. Here at HA or outside of here. Your mistake is duly noted.

Bmore on August 13, 2013 at 3:06 PM

Earth to Rubio: Let him! Let Obama exceed his Constitutional authority and try to ram this through. Levin has looked at the numbers for each election pre-Reagan/Amnesty and post, and the Republicans DO NOT GET A BOUNCE VIS-A-VIS THE HISPANIC VOTE EITHER WAY. There is no ‘math’ that makes this work in the Conservative’s favor, and considering that it is unjust, flouts the rule of law, and is ruinous to the long-term health and solvency of our country, washing our collective hands of this is the only supportable position.

CaptFlood on August 13, 2013 at 3:06 PM

Your link makes it look like Lewis authored the video or at least supported it.

Yeah I want to make it clear….Matt Lewis didn’t like the video….in fact he discussed his issues with it. Mickey Kaus is the one that first linked it.

terryannonline on August 13, 2013 at 3:07 PM

“Make them steal it!” -MLK

elfman on August 13, 2013 at 3:11 PM

Rubio 2016!!!! w00t!!!

Good God. What a feckless weenie.

crrr6 on August 13, 2013 at 3:04 PM

His assertion just begs, screaming, “I need cover!”

It’s like, every time Captain Kirk gets in a jam, he calls Enterprise and says, “Scotty! Save may ass!”

Liam on August 13, 2013 at 3:13 PM

Someone please tell Senator Rubio that if COngress lets Obama get away with that, we need to throw all of them out. I’m rapidly getting the opinion that COngress needs to take Obama to court over his handling of the ACA, since all agree he can’t just pick and choose which sections of the law he’s going to enforce. So, if the good Senator from Florida really wants to make a difference think about becoming a check to this lawless President.

bflat879 on August 13, 2013 at 3:14 PM

And the people on Hot Air who write crap like “OMG!If we pass immigration reform America is no longer going to be white!!!”…..it isn’t about race?

terryannonline on August 13, 2013 at 2:23 PM

guess Mickey Kaus was asking readers to submit videos….so he linked it.

terryannonline on August 13, 2013 at 3:02 PM

As noted earlier …

… cite specifics or admit your lie.

PolAgnostic on August 13, 2013 at 3:15 PM

However, I see no evidence that such views are prevalent among conservatives.

I rarely hear conservatives push back against this rhetoric. In fact, I think Matt Lewis is probably is the only conservative I’ve heard call out this type of rhetoric.

terryannonline on August 13, 2013 at 3:16 PM

As noted earlier …

… cite specifics or admit your lie.

PolAgnostic on August 13, 2013 at 3:15 PM

I’m not going to spend hours of my life going through comments. I’ve seen comments like that here. I’m not lying.

terryannonline on August 13, 2013 at 3:18 PM

“If we don’t shoot ourselves, they are going to shoot us.”

Blanko Rubio

Mimzey on August 13, 2013 at 3:18 PM

And the difference would be? Amnesty is amnesty, legislated or by fiat.We are not stupid you filthy traitor!

redware on August 13, 2013 at 3:21 PM

Good question. Why hasn’t Obama been challenged by congressional Republicans for his failure to uphold our laws?

Murf76 on August 13, 2013 at 2:45 PM

Because the Senate is voted for by the People rather than installed by the state.
What this means is that if the House Republicans impeach him and the Senate Democrats refuse to punish him, Obama looks like a winner and the Republicans look bad. When the next election comes along, the Democrat voters will be out in mass to support their under attack ideologue.

If we win the Senate in 2014, there would be a chance, pretty close to 0 out to 200 significant digits, but a chance they might try to impeach him.
But lets face it, the Republicans are all in on the game. If not by choice, by NSA reveals.

astonerii on August 13, 2013 at 3:24 PM

terryannonline on August 13, 2013 at 3:18 PM

Then you might want to learn to distinquish the comments of the trolls from the regulars here.

HumpBot Salvation on August 13, 2013 at 3:25 PM

Could we be arrested for forcing Obama to act illegally?

claudius on August 13, 2013 at 3:25 PM

redware on August 13, 2013 at 3:21 PM

By Fiat means it is illegitimate and can be overturned. Legislated is official and cannot be reneged upon.

astonerii on August 13, 2013 at 3:26 PM

There’s a documentary on it. It points to the truth of the matter, which Hollywood didn’t like, so they tried to prevent it from being shown. Maybe you’ve heard of it.

LoganSix on August 13, 2013 at 3:27 PM

terryannonline on August 13, 2013 at 3:18 PM

This is really typical, stop calling people racists.

ChunkyLover on August 13, 2013 at 3:28 PM

Rubio is doing Obamas bidding. He has joined the dark side and is now a sith.

sadsushi on August 13, 2013 at 2:59 PM

Maybe he was already sith from the Dark Side and came posing as a conservative to wreck havoc on the GOP.

hawkeye54 on August 13, 2013 at 3:30 PM

terryannonline on August 13, 2013 at 3:18 PM

terryannonline on August 13, 2013 at 3:16 PM

You claim comments were made here but you can’t cite ANY specifics AND you think you can credibly claim conservatives don’t push back against this rhetoric.

*POOF*

You’re a troll!

PolAgnostic on August 13, 2013 at 3:30 PM

terryannonline on August 13, 2013 at 3:16 PM

terryannonline on August 13, 2013 at 3:18 PM

Bmore on August 13, 2013 at 3:33 PM

PolAgnostic on August 13, 2013 at 3:30 PM

Ha! Lol! ; )

Bmore on August 13, 2013 at 3:33 PM

Were he the nominee, I would not vote for him. Pay attention to that, GOP establishment. I can’t be the only one.

unclejack on August 13, 2013 at 2:11 PM

You aren’t the only one, believe me. Lately I myself have soured considerably. If Rubio, Jeb or Krispy are nominated, I will personally work against them. I’m ready for a 3rd party. The system is rigged and I’m becoming increasingly cynical. I’ve never been a purist of any kind in the past, but times have changed and old attitudes don’t work anymore.

Burke on August 13, 2013 at 3:34 PM

Future sow?

Bmore on August 13, 2013 at 3:34 PM

What difference does it make, Ricky Riccardo, other than if Obama does it by executive order, we have a shot at the SCOTUS overruling him?

bw222 on August 13, 2013 at 3:40 PM

Done with Rubio. He’s a liar and a chickensh*t. No amount of screaming “defund Obamacare” is going to make me support him. Enough of our leaders lying to us to get elected. He’s getting rolled by Obama. Pathetic.

change is for suckers on August 13, 2013 at 3:43 PM

In your own little way Allahpundit, you and Ed Morrissey (who I like and respect) helped create this monster.

And, if he’s a lawless president, as you acknowledge, why aren’t you calling for his impeachment?

Basilsbest on August 13, 2013 at 2:14 PM

Is there ONE Hot Air writer that isn’t pro-amnesty?

bw222 on August 13, 2013 at 3:50 PM

I’ve said it before I don’t feel strong about immigration. I truly couldn’t care any less if immigration reform passes or not. Immigration probably doesn’t make it my top ten list of political issues I care about. But it sure aggravates me when people in the same political party as I make anti-Hispanic remarks.

terryannonline on August 13, 2013 at 2:32 PM

You’re not in the Republican or conservative parties.

You’re a worthless Rubio/Obama Party puppet, a screaming bigot who namecalls and slanders conservatives and Republicans as racists when you don’t get your way.

Filthy pig. Your Rubio is a worthless Obama slut boy, a temper tantrum-throwing brat who screams and cries that anyone who doesn’t give him what he wants is “anti-Hispanic”.

northdallasthirty on August 13, 2013 at 3:53 PM

change is for suckers on August 13, 2013 at 3:43 PM

He is also trying to score points with conservatives by sponsoring a bill banning abortions after 20 weeks, which we all know has NO chance passing the Senate.

You’re done Marco!

bw222 on August 13, 2013 at 3:53 PM

Somebody has something BIG on this turncoat Rubio clown. Bank on it.

viking01 on August 13, 2013 at 3:54 PM

The system is broken. The federal government is illegitimate, as it no longer makes any pretense to being bound by the constitution.

NULLIFY!

gryphon202 on August 13, 2013 at 3:55 PM

Somebody has something BIG on this turncoat Rubio clown. Bank on it.

viking01 on August 13, 2013 at 3:54 PM

Not necessarily. When Rubio was running against Crist, a dear friend of mine from Florida warned me even back then that Rubio would lie if that’s what it took to be the anti-crist. (yeah, I did that on purpose) Rubio is a politician. What do you expect?

gryphon202 on August 13, 2013 at 3:58 PM

Rubio is doing Obamas bidding. He has joined the dark side and is now a sith.

sadsushi on August 13, 2013 at 2:59 PM

He’s more like an apprentice.

Rubio is not even on my register anymore. He’ll be a lily-livered panderer just like Christie.

Sterling Holobyte on August 13, 2013 at 3:59 PM

Exit Answer: I got nothin’.

Jaibones on August 13, 2013 at 4:00 PM

I’d love to hear a debate between the two HA female posters whose screen names begin with “terry.” On second thought ….

bw222 on August 13, 2013 at 4:01 PM

Exit answer: The system is simply broke beyond repair. Nullify.

gryphon202 on August 13, 2013 at 4:02 PM

“If we don’t shoot ourselves, they are going to shoot us.”

Blanko Rubio

Mimzey on August 13, 2013 at 3:18 PM

LOL!

That about sums it up, though.

Sterling Holobyte on August 13, 2013 at 4:02 PM

So by that logic, we should give Obama anything and everything he wants, because if we don’t, he’ll subvert the constitution and take it anyway.
Rubio seemed so promising when he first emerged. Now he’s starting to just annoy me.

Tomolena1 on August 13, 2013 at 4:07 PM

terryannonline on August 13, 2013 at 2:32 PM

Democrats are bashing Hispanics again?

bw222 on August 13, 2013 at 4:08 PM

The Moderate Republican Establishment are a bunch of wusses.

kingsjester on August 13, 2013 at 4:09 PM

Don’t worry Marco. When Ted Cruz wins, we’ll have our first Hispanic President (and I couldn’t be prouder).

bw222 on August 13, 2013 at 4:09 PM

This putz Rubio is really dumb as a box of rocks. Cruz will wipe the floor with him when the time comes.

Jayrae on August 13, 2013 at 4:14 PM

The EO. Is there anything that it can’t do?

besser tot als rot on August 13, 2013 at 4:21 PM

terryannonline on August 13, 2013 at 2:32 PM

Is stating that Latin and South America have a history of political instability an anti-hispanic remark? Is it legitimate to point out that these people have nothing comparable to our traditions of liberty, limited government and rule of law or is that another anti-Hispanic remark?

People – and I among them – simply dont wanna turn the US into another Latin American country – with all the implications for political culture and banana-republicanism. How exactly is that racist?

Valkyriepundit on August 13, 2013 at 4:25 PM

terryannonline on August 13, 2013 at 2:52 PM

The law and legal immigration is what it s/b all about, for all. Period.

Otherwise, welcome to Zimbabwe. Why bother to even have a USA?

Schadenfreude on August 13, 2013 at 4:35 PM

Well that would be illegal. He has no authority anywhere to do that.
I’ve been against impeachment but at some point if he just keeps breaking the law and abusing his authority.. it will be time to impeach. I don’t care if he’s the first black president or not.. if he’s lawless.. he can be the first black President to be impeached too!

JellyToast on August 13, 2013 at 4:36 PM

Go to hell, Rubio.

VorDaj on August 13, 2013 at 4:37 PM

Republicans may not recognize that song and dance but I spent nearly 30 years as a Democrat and I can name that tune in one note. It’s called the “Half a Loaf” song.

“We have to pass this now otherwise they will pass something much worse!“

It is a very bipartisan performance. One party sings harmony and the other sings melody. There are usually a small number of voices singing off-key, like Ron Paul, Russ Feingold and Dennis Kucinich used to do.

For years I used to lament about how the spineless Democrats could not stand up to those mean old Republicans. Then I realized that failure was the plan. The game was fixed and one or both parties was selling out their constituents.

You may have seen polls that say most Americans support immigration reform. Those numbers change dramatically if you ask them if they support amnesty. What people want is to stop the flood of illegal immigrants. But that ain’t what they’re gonna get.

Who will benefit from the current immigration reform bill?

Illegal immigrants, obviously. The Democratic party will probably pick up a bunch of new voters. Big Business will get a new source of cheap labor.

Who loses?

Republicans. Non-government unions. Blue-collar workers. The unemployed.

So why are congressional Republicans so hot to pass amnesty?

I’m tellin’ ya, the fix is in. They’re gonna sing, they’re gonna dance, and then they’re gonna jam this bill through Congress and into law.

Just watch.

myiq2xu on August 13, 2013 at 4:38 PM

Rubio is saying the equivalent of, “If you don’t let the gange rape your daughter they will just rape her anyway”.

VorDaj on August 13, 2013 at 4:39 PM

Who was the last Republican to win the nomination without the blessing of the GOP establishment?

Marco sold his soul but he’s not stupid.

myiq2xu on August 13, 2013 at 4:42 PM

How sad! Marco Rubio has turned out to be John McCain’s TWIN!

Both of them are DEAD to me!

mountainaires on August 13, 2013 at 4:45 PM

Tomolena1 on August 13, 2013 at 4:07 PM

Acne is annoying. Rubio is like having acid thrown in your face.

VorDaj on August 13, 2013 at 4:45 PM

Errr… Because at some point we turned into a nation of wusses?

bitsy on August 13, 2013 at 4:46 PM

JellyToast on August 13, 2013 at 4:36 PM

“If he’s lawless…???!”

Ha, Where have you been, friend?

But I agree, he should be impeached…

mountainaires on August 13, 2013 at 4:50 PM

terryannonline on August 13, 2013 at 3:18 PM

You’re no different than libasaslave. All you did is deflect from the real issue, illegal immigration and amnesty.

The US’s problems are not her color. It’s what the land has become, a latrine, mostly like the rest of the world. If you’d have a clear thinking brain that would bother you, not your drivel.

People who are not racists don’t, and shouldn’, give a damn about idiotic statements like your and liblikea slave’s.

Anyone who doesn’t like a constitutional and legal USA can go to wherever they please. Go fix your own hellholes. I’m sick and tired of your thuggery. YOU don’t get to tell the legal taxpayers how to manage their land. When you do, it won’t be the US any more by the way things are going and color has nada to do with it.

Schadenfreude on August 13, 2013 at 4:51 PM

Ha! Lol! ; )

Bmore on August 13, 2013 at 3:33 PM

Birds of a feather with great minds “Flock of Seagulls” together!

;-)

PolAgnostic on August 13, 2013 at 4:55 PM

This is why we need a True Conservative to lead the party.

Palin 2016

ChuckTX on August 13, 2013 at 4:56 PM

and?

McRubio .. when this Phoney (Usurper and Charlatan h/t LTC Allen West, a non-BULLSCHMIDTER, btw) is removed by The Constitution he hates (unless he flees to asylum in Africa first) …. MOST if not ALL of his Tyrannical EOs will be immediately overturned by the Team Restorers POTUS (I believe there are upwards of 2000 EOs now, more than the first 43 POTUS’s combined)

That is a HUGELY weak argument you are making, McRubio (AKA Weak GOPe Puppy) … and helps to further DISSOLVE your credibility.

Why do you keep listening to, and taking advice from the LOSER GOPe Racketeering Consultancy Class, Marco, you NINNY ? … your judgement is terrible … The American People would not want a POTUS with your kind of judgment sitting in the Oval Office, I’m afraid.

You cannot be trusted McRubio …. EVER AGAIN.

exodus2011 on August 13, 2013 at 5:02 PM

I knew he was Jeb’s protégé when I voted for him. But I never thought he would go this far left on this big of an issue, this fast.

When the establishment pass’s this crap, I will fight the Republican party moving forward as hard as I fight the democrats. We will need a new party.

KMav on August 13, 2013 at 5:06 PM

When that happens this will no longer be the “United States of America” . . . it will be nothing less than a dictatorial state with a tyrannical, singular ruler. It’s a sad time for this once great Republic. Unfortunately, none of the so called statesman patriots will do anything to save the country.

rplat on August 13, 2013 at 2:14 PM

Not to single you out, but this is the real problem we face. We all expect a bunch of corrupt politicians in D.C (who all hate our guts, btw) to save this country. They do not care about the destruction of this country, because it doesn’t personally affect them. We could vote in new politicians, but the game is rigged.

It is up to us to save this country, and the time when elections will no longer be the way to do it is fast approaching.

Fazman on August 13, 2013 at 5:23 PM

I can not think of a better reason to elect different people to congress than the idea just expressed by Rubio. If we don’t pass the law then the king will act on his own and we will let him. Does that make any sense at all and should anyone remain in office if they do not make the king adhere to the Constitution of the United States?

Pardonme on August 13, 2013 at 5:40 PM

From Frank Rich (!!!):

Washington may be a dysfunctional place to govern, but it’s working better than ever as a marketplace for cashing in. And that’s thanks, more than anything, to the Democratic Establishment.

The Stench of the Potomac

Resist We Much on August 13, 2013 at 5:50 PM

And careful during the August recess, at townhalls, we can’t forget about amnesty. We’re concentrating on Obamacare it seems, but we might be letting our guard down, and then in a flash we may see Paul Ryan engineer the passing of Rubio’s amnesty.

anotherJoe on August 13, 2013 at 2:36 PM

Paul Ryan has his 5 point plan and is pushing Amnesty. Now, he’ll have more incentive:

Politico reports that Zuckerberg’s FWD.us-run group, Americans for a Conservative Direction, has bought up $350,000 worth of television ad airtime targeted at Ryan’s district.

Ryan, another sell out.

bluefox on August 13, 2013 at 5:52 PM

I don’t know if I can even follow politics and news anymore. My freaking head is going to explode if I hear any more of this insanity!

MPan on August 13, 2013 at 5:56 PM

Isn’t this how we always end up getting shafted- “better take this small beating or you’ll get a worse one later? And then after you tolerate the small one they shove the total package at you. Instead of it all being forced down our throats in one shot we’re being told to it’s so much tastier to just keep nibbling away at it.

katiejane on August 13, 2013 at 5:57 PM

“Rubio: If we don’t pass immigration reform, Obama might legalize illegals by executive order”

He says that like it’s a BAD thing.

LET OBoy do his “To H*!! With The Constitution!” thing again.

It WILL catch up with him…and he WILL suffer the consequences for it.

Czar of Defenestration on August 13, 2013 at 5:59 PM

what happened to cubio and his [promise to fight for America. Looks like shummer and mclame are still passing him back and forth as their new party favor

There seems to be among the progs and their rino pals no respect for the rule of law when it pertains to illegals invading America

tuttle from tacoma on August 13, 2013 at 6:00 PM

Marco sold his soul but he’s not stupid.

myiq2xu on August 13, 2013 at 4:42 PM

Yes, he is stupid. Did you ever speak to him? We Floridians have. He’s stupid and can’t make it on his own. That’s why Jeb Bush is his Godfather.

Jayrae on August 13, 2013 at 6:05 PM

He may have balls, but I don’t believe they are nowhere near that big. It’s time for congress to eliminate Executive Order. It is being abused terribly. Not only is it being abused, but it is being used against Constitutional law, and anyone that uses it to bypass the Constitution, should be put in front of a firing squad.

F_This on August 13, 2013 at 6:06 PM

Somebody (a resident of Florida, I believe) was posting warnings in the comments here on HA about Rubio when he was running for Senate back in the day…saying that he was basically an Obama-like politician…say or do anything to get and hold on to power. I wish I could remember who it was…I’d like to tell them that they were completely right and I should have listened to them.

AUINSC on August 13, 2013 at 6:16 PM

It’s getting ridiculous how much Obama is breaking, ignoring and changing the law. He has no authority! My gosh.. what is it going to take for the GOP to wake up!

Obama has no authority to unilaterally change law on his own! This is insane!

JellyToast on August 13, 2013 at 6:19 PM

Fine, let Obama do it himself. Who gives a crap. At least that way we aren’t slitting our own throats.

Jack_Burton on August 13, 2013 at 6:20 PM

All this while our Congress whines and cries while they hold one third of the power of the government. Government agencies are running the country. NSA, CIA and others. Think about it folks, a fraud of a President, an election that’s a fraud and more smoke and mirrors than you can count. All this and there’s not a thing we can do about it.

mixplix on August 13, 2013 at 6:29 PM

Another example of an immigrant trying to change this country into the one he left, and I do mean left. I suggest that if those congressional pukes DO pass immigration reform or whatever the latest version of the dream act is, that they all be run out of this country on rails. Since the Mexican border is open, we can run them out there. And, Texas has a lot of asphaltic oil which will also come in handy. I don’t think these dreamers and marxist/libruls know how close they are to their bingo point.

Old Country Boy on August 13, 2013 at 6:38 PM

It is quite obvious, the DC Establishment=both parties want amnesty and Obamacare. The Dems because well, they’re statists who need an ever growing ignorant class of dependents/voters. The Repubs because their money backers want to dump health insurance costs borne by business and cheap source of labor for business. Repubs. figure power turns over to the other party on a cyclical basis so no worries “f-ing” their base because Independents. Of course they put on a good show fighting to repeal O- care and border security first…wink-wink! Also betting no serious 3rd Party.

chickasaw42 on August 13, 2013 at 6:48 PM

After his last cave, he is “one and done” for me. I don’t want to hear anymore of his patronizing “conservative” blubbering.

grumpy_old_soldier on August 13, 2013 at 7:01 PM

Had a long talk with a Tea Party leader about Rubio.

Bottom line. We put him into office and we will take him out of office. Too bad, but we won’t be fooled again.

Bye, Marco. You’re a Progressive in disguise.

Key West Reader on August 13, 2013 at 7:11 PM

Get lost, Marco! You are a fraud. Take your illegal alien amnesty-pushing ways and shove them someplace where the sun don’t shine.

I am sickened to think that I ever supported you, Rubio.

Now I want to see Rubio primaried and voted OUT!

bluegill on August 13, 2013 at 7:16 PM

Rubio isn’t very good at this is he? Anyone going to vote GOP…again…and again?

Panther on August 13, 2013 at 7:20 PM

I never did take to kindly to extortion.

This has got to be a new low for the GOP.

lynncgb on August 13, 2013 at 7:21 PM

Rubio……taking out the trash (for a fee) for his Big Business buddies who need cheap help to mow their yards in the Hamptons.

I got an automatic email from his campaign today with him railing about ObamaCare.

Too late sucka!

You revealed yourself as an Open Borders globalist that won’t defend this nations sovereign borders.

Here in Possum Holler we calls that bein a TRAITOR.

PappyD61 on August 13, 2013 at 7:33 PM

He regurgitates talking points real good and leans on that feel good upbringing story like Giuliani leans on 9/11, but I have never been impressed with the wattage of his bulb. And not to get personal, but his wife is NOT First Lady material. Believe it or not, Cruz, Paul or Christy, I’m good with any of them. However, it is going to be Christy whether we like it or not. So we might as well get used to the thought.

tommylotto on August 13, 2013 at 7:40 PM

If Christie is the 2016 GOP nominee you’ll see a party that’s fractured beyond repair.

bw222 on August 13, 2013 at 7:57 PM

Amazing to think that this guy was the darling of both Conservatives and Tea Partiers less than a year ago… even more amazing to think some still consider him the darling of the Republican Party.

Ukiah on August 13, 2013 at 8:08 PM

They’re now using Obama’s lawlessness to threaten us into acquiescence. They are now fully complicit in the crimes of this regime.

Nobody’s buying your Good Cop/Bad Cop routine, Mr. Estupido.

All of them should hang.

sartana on August 13, 2013 at 8:24 PM

Who is stupid enough to be swayed by this kind of idiocy?

claudius on August 13, 2013 at 8:25 PM

Ukiah on August 13, 2013 at 8:08 PM

There’s a lesson there for those that think we should start a third party. It’s hard enough to find decent honest conservatives to clean up the party we have. Imagine vetting enough candidates to run in a significant proportion of congressional seats to make a difference.

slickwillie2001 on August 13, 2013 at 8:37 PM

Then let HIM break the f*cking law, you f*ckwitted excuse for a Republican.

F*ck.

Midas on August 13, 2013 at 8:45 PM

So we pass this t*rd of a bill and then Barry BAMSTAHHHHHH!!!!!! YOU DA MANNNN BAMMY BABYYY!!!!! LOVE YA BARRY OL BUDDY OL PALLL!!!! YAHHHHH!!!!!!

rcon August 13,14 PM

cableguy615 on August 13, 2013 at 8:52 PM

Judas Iscariot was just a premature Marco Rubio.

VorDaj on August 13, 2013 at 8:54 PM