Harry Reid: I sure hope Republicans are opposed to Obama because of his policies and not his race

posted at 7:11 pm on August 9, 2013 by Allahpundit

We’ll know that it was really about racism when Hillary’s elected in 2016 and GOP opposition to Democratic policies magically melts away.

Didn’t this guy once compare opposing ObamaCare to opposing the end of slavery?

Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid (D-NV) told KNPR radio Friday that he hopes Republicans’ ongoing opposition to President Obama is driven by “substance” and not race.

“My counterpart, Mitch McConnell, said at the the beginning of the presidency of Barack Obama that he had one goal — and that is to defeat Obama and make sure he wasn’t re-elected. And that’s how they legislate in the Senate,” he said. “It was really bad. And we’re now seven months into this second term of the president’s and they haven’t changed much.”

“It’s been obvious that they’re doing everything they can to make him fail,” Reid said. “And I hope, I hope — and I say this seriously — I hope that’s based on substance and not the fact that he’s African-American.”

Just Dingy being Dingy. There’s no one in Congress who relishes an effortless smear as much as he does, be it dumb racial demagoguery of his opponents, baselessly accusing Romney of not paying his taxes, or hint-hinting that John McCain, whom he can’t praise highly enough lately, might be borderline deranged and therefore unfit for the presidency. Too bad the the radio host didn’t ask him the obvious follow-up: Does he think, correspondingly, that Democrats support Obama in part because of his race? Before you dismiss that as a rhetorical question, remember that Reid allegedly once said that he thought O’s race was a net plus for him in the 2008 primary. But only because he had, ahem, “no Negro dialect.”

Let’s clear the air of his verbal farts with a little music, shall we?

Update: Better watch the video twice. It’s still stinky in here.

“Who is the tea party? Well, understand, when I was in school, I studied government, among other things, and prior to World War I and after World War I we had the anarchists,” Reid began. “Now they were violent — you know, some say that’s what started World War I, the anarchy moment — but they were violent. They did damage to property and they did physical damage to people.”

“The modern anarchists don’t do that — that’s the tea party,” Reid clarified. “But they have the same philosophy as the early anarchists: They do not believe in government. Anytime anything bad happens to government, that’s a victory to them. And that’s what’s happened. We have absolute gridlock created by a group of people who represent few Americans. But it makes it extremely difficult to get things done.”

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2

Every time Reid opens his mouth, he confirms once again why his constituents should have the nation’s nuclear waste dump put in their state.

You idiots inflicted this POS on the rest of the country, now payback will be a bitch.

GarandFan on August 9, 2013 at 9:11 PM

Yes, RWM, that Steyn piece is platinum. It points out the folly of the whole Obysmal foreign policy and abuse of our military to a T.

onlineanalyst on August 9, 2013 at 9:13 PM

Well I’m a Republican, and I actually hate Obama because he’s not a Chink.

ardenenoch on August 9, 2013 at 9:54 PM

Didn’t this guy once compare opposing ObamaCare to opposing the end of slavery?

AP, Obamacare IS SLAVERY! Its your government owning your body via its healthcare. Thats the best part when you see all the abortionettes whining about their rights to their wombs yet most of them support gov healthcare.

oryguncon on August 9, 2013 at 10:06 PM

Reid is a filthy eggplant.

Twana on August 9, 2013 at 10:40 PM

Unless being a mentally challenged, lying, anti-American, amoral, corrupt, bigoted, communist dirt ball is considered to be some new fangled race, I’m pretty sure that opposition to Obama is not racially based.
Do you hear that Harry?
Ya filthy pervert.

justltl on August 10, 2013 at 1:08 AM

BTW, are all those rumors about Reid true?
I haven’t heard any commentary, let alone proof, that they aren’t true.
It breaks my heart that someone like that can be in such high office in this once great land.
What have we done to our children’s future?

justltl on August 10, 2013 at 1:13 AM

Nixon was forced from office for participating in the cover up of one scandal. Obama is embroiled in no less than four, and has violated the Constitution, has broken laws, is protecting criminals in his Cabinet, and has trampled citizens rights…

And Harry Reid just demonstrated how Democrats will protect Obama from Impeachment and why cowardly Republicans will never seek to Impeach him — any attempt to do so will result in false claims that attempts to Impeach him are because he is black / racially motivated. ‘Racist’ is like kryptonite to cowardly GOP who are to afraid to stand up to lies and do what is best for the nation. Instead they will allow him to continue to violate the Constitution, victimized Americans by stripping them of their Constitutional rights and finish turning the nation into his own ‘Banana Republic’ tyrannical police state.

easyt65 on August 10, 2013 at 1:35 AM

I sure hope it’s just Harry’s invisible friend putting these crazy thoughts in his head and not Harry being crazy all by himself.

RJL on August 10, 2013 at 2:58 AM

I’m not absolutely certain but I don’t believe Harry Reid rapes boys older than 10 or girls older than 8, at least not more than once in a single week, but who knows what he does when he has been drinking extra heavily, especially if there are any sheep or vacuum cleaners around.

VorDaj on August 9, 2013 at 8:02 PM

sorry, I was 18 or so (1986 when he was elected) when it first started and hes been raping me daily ever since.
I am rather sore and sick of it now….didn’t help my constipation either :(

dmacleo on August 10, 2013 at 7:05 AM

dmacleo on August 10, 2013 at 7:05 AM

Sore end justified his means, huh?

ajacksonian on August 10, 2013 at 7:40 AM

I have to say, I’m really getting tired of liberal idiots telling me why I hate Barack Obama. I have to say, I continue to be amazed at the willingness of liberals to ignore the facts about anything, from the failure of progressive policies across the board to Obama’s failures in foreign policy to the fact that people can have actual disagreements with the president that have nothing to do with race…

My rather lopsided love/hate relationship with Barack Obama…

imperfectamerica on August 10, 2013 at 7:56 AM

Hey, Harry. I sure hope you are not as stupid and racist as you appear….that you really obey the law and that you don’t really want to change the rules to suit your agenda and you really aren’t as corrupt and commit voter fraud at every turn. You are………well, never mind.

BetseyRoss on August 10, 2013 at 8:49 AM

Whore House Harry strikes again! He’s the type of guy that refuses to pay the hooker when he’s finished and then hits her with a “Do you know who I am?”

Tbone McGraw on August 10, 2013 at 10:31 AM

What’s the problem, Harry? Is he Mormon or something?

trl on August 10, 2013 at 11:52 AM

Reid is as slimy as a garden slug . . . but no more so than those that elected him. That entire capital city is nothing but a toilet bowl that needs to be cleaned and flushed before it can ever again serve the People.

rplat on August 10, 2013 at 1:11 PM

Nixon was forced from office for participating in the cover up of one scandal.

easyt65 on August 10, 2013 at 1:35 AM

And at least Nixon resigned to keep the country from having to go through the process of impeachment:
I would have preferred to carry through to the finish whatever the personal agony it would have involved, and my family unanimously urged me to do so. But the interest of the Nation must always come before any personal considerations.

From the discussions I have had with Congressional and other leaders, I have concluded that because of the Watergate matter I might not have the support of the Congress that I would consider necessary to back the very difficult decisions and carry out the duties of this office in the way the interests of the Nation would require.

I have never been a quitter. To leave office before my term is completed is abhorrent to every instinct in my body. But as President, I must put the interest of America first. America needs a full-time President and a full-time Congress, particularly at this time with problems we face at home and abroad.

To continue to fight through the months ahead for my personal vindication would almost totally absorb the time and attention of both the President and the Congress in a period when our entire focus should be on the great issues of peace abroad and prosperity without inflation at home.

Therefore, I shall resign the Presidency effective at noon tomorrow.

Sad that we have to look at Nixon for some example of honor. But this is where we are. Can you see Obama or anyone in his administration doing something like this?

Sterling Holobyte on August 10, 2013 at 1:15 PM

They don’t call Harry “The Dim Bulb of Searchlight” for nothing.

Another Drew on August 10, 2013 at 1:28 PM

Hey Hairy Reid:

I’m opposed to the race that consistently votes for poverty pimps, incompetents, thieves and Communists, who consistently come up with foreign policies that make Jimmy Carter look strong and Richard Nixon look truthful. I’m opposed to a culture that idolizes gangsters and basketbrawl stars and mocks education. Even when the results on their own communities and family members range from harmful to life-ruining. “Battered wife syndrome” doesn’t even do this situation justice.

There hasn’t been a notable break in the pattern for decades, and its culminated in the first ‘black’ president being the worst one in United States history bar none. The consequences for electing Mister Cool will reverberate for generations, quite probably literally as shells fly and bombs fall.

So take your fantasies of total equality and stuff them alongside your whining about racism.

MelonCollie on August 10, 2013 at 1:31 PM

Tbone McGraw on August 10, 2013 at 10:31 AM

Yep, Harry grew up laundering towels from a Nevada whorehouse. Kind of makes you wonder if syphilis is eating his brain.

slickwillie2001 on August 10, 2013 at 1:35 PM

justltl on August 10, 2013 at 1:13 AM

Why does anyone still listen to the pederast from Nevada?

Difficultas_Est_Imperium on August 10, 2013 at 1:35 PM

He’s a bIack candidate who could be successful thanks in part to his “light-skinned” appearance and speaking patterns “with no Ne-ro dialect, unless he wanted to have one.” – Harry Reid on Obama

Jason58 on August 10, 2013 at 2:21 PM

Oh it’s definitely because he is black. Thespian!

Bmore on August 10, 2013 at 4:06 PM

I always thought that the solution to stupidity was education until the modern day Democrats came along, stupidity is inherent to the liberal philosophy and cannot be solved as long as liberals walk the earth. Dingy Harry is a prime example of stupidity in it’s highest form.

savage24 on August 10, 2013 at 4:49 PM

The tyrants are the ones who pretend government is the solution to all our problems. The truth is though, they want “government” because of the control it provides the elite over the masses.

This is why when ANY NATION does not have an active government in control, like Somolia, the U.N. and the top countries work like hell to force government on that population. It scares the hell out of them that ANY country or people can exist without the forceful coercion of government. The propaganda against a society that has no federal authority is immense.

Yet we look around the world and we see the debt of all nations, through “government” and you have to wonder – could a society without any federal government really lead to much worse results and outcomes than we have today? Both societies, one with government and one without government will have their problems. But the one with government has a tendency to be the INSTIGATOR and CAUSE of that societies problems and as a result WAR and FIGHTING will continue to grow as that government continually creates more and more PROBLEMS and “TERRORISTS”.

Just something to think about as we go forward toward the fall of the once United States of Amerika.

fatlibertarianinokc on August 10, 2013 at 5:35 PM

Ultimately “terrorists” are generally a result of government aggression. 13 years ago many Americans thought people who blew up our buildings were evil terrorists. Now, after our liberties have been shredded and our media systems destroyed, those same Americans may have dreams (they don’t share yet) about blowing up buildings themselves.

Ultimately though, this is (you have to think) what Obama wants. He wants the white conservatives to become violent. He wants to destroy the liberty of the individual in the name of the collective. He wants to pit minorities against the white conservative. It’s all a game designed to weaken and destroy this country from a capitalist and free country, over to a Marxist, socialist tropico lead be the El Presidente’ himself.

fatlibertarianinokc on August 10, 2013 at 5:40 PM

I will never spend money in Nevada. Those people owe the entire country an apology.

cajunpatriot on August 10, 2013 at 6:54 PM

I don’t like Obama because he is a white man.

davidk on August 10, 2013 at 7:00 PM

fatlibertarianinokc on August 10, 2013 at 5:40 PM

Obama may not really want what he wants.

davidk on August 10, 2013 at 7:04 PM

MelonCollie on August 10, 2013 at 1:31 PM

Raaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaacist!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!/sarc

cornbred on August 10, 2013 at 7:22 PM

Over the history of Hot Air, Harry Reid has been called a lot of mean and nasty names.

But as a fellow member of the Mormon Church, the worst thing I can say about him is I don’t see a clear path for him to the Celestial Kingdom. He appears to prefer his earthly throne.

Alberta_Patriot on August 10, 2013 at 7:29 PM

Really Harry, think a little and see if race enters any of the following:::: Bogus SS number, fictitious draft card, 400 students in his supposed class that never heard of him or saw him in any of their classes, A supposed educated man with a vocabulary a click above a street bum, A prompter necessary to talk to a fifth grade class, terrible social manners (with the Brits). Harry your grabbing at straws looking for excuses for this fraud.

mixplix on August 10, 2013 at 7:35 PM

Senator Scott Blasts Majority Leader Reid Over Racist Remarks

The only black lawmaker in the U.S. Senate blasted Senate majority leader Harry Reid on Friday for comments suggesting Republican opposition to President Barack Obama is the result of racism.

South Carolina Sen. Tim Scott, a Republican, called on the Nevada Democrat to apologize after saying during a radio interview on Friday that he hopes Republican opposition to Obama is “based on substance and not the fact that he’s African-American.”

“I am sincerely disappointed by continued attempts to divide the American people by playing to the lowest common denominator,” Scott said.

“Instead of engaging in serious debate about the failed policies of this administration – from the ever-increasing burdens created by the national health care reform plan to the tax and spend approach to economic recovery, along with countless others – Democrats are once again trying to hide behind a smokescreen,” the Republican said.

Added Scott: “Our country deserves more from those in Washington. I hope Senator Reid will realize the offensive nature of his remarks and apologize to those who disagree with the President’s policies because of one thing – they are hurting hardworking American families.”

Question: Project much Majority Leader Reid, given the racist past of the Democrats?

john.frank on August 10, 2013 at 8:48 PM

easyt65

What is the difference between the parties now ? My opinion is NOT A DAMN THING. So many of these @$$holes of both parties are fiddling while our country is burning to the ground. They (Republicrats and Demicans) only care about power and domination over their serfs while enriching themselves. Both have systematically destroyed our economy, environment, and too many more things to list. They give lip service to the Constitution and violate almost every amendment and clause every day. I say to hell with both of them and will vote for Donald Duck or Mickey Mouse.

hamradio on August 10, 2013 at 10:31 PM

Republicans and conservatives oppose ALL jug eared communists.Even those without the jug ears.

gbear on August 11, 2013 at 1:48 PM

Twenty years in a screaming Black racist church and we’re the racists. Of course Obama never heard a word. This is so old, the democrat name calling, and almost five years in office, pathetic. Vicious Harry truly must be slipping.

arand on August 11, 2013 at 3:47 PM

So speaks the (alleged) senior pedophile from NV…

JohnGalt23 on August 11, 2013 at 4:34 PM

I sure hope that his incoherent ranting’s aren’t due to dementia……

mouell on August 11, 2013 at 10:41 PM

I hope Harry Reid’s derangement isn’t due to his Syphilis

J_Crater on August 11, 2013 at 11:25 PM

I’m going to grant Reid one concession, what Mitch McConnell said, at the beginning of Obama’s first term, was utterly stupid and inept. All of that aside, the Republicans should actually fight for a return to civility in the Senate. If they hear one more Democrat call them racists because they disagree with the President, withhold unanimous consent until that Democrat apologizes. Then, just keep it up until the tone changes because that’s really the only power they have. They haven’t fought this enough to suit me and my understanding is the Senate runs on unanimous consent, without it, nothing happens.

I don’t mind the Democrats disagreeing and, although I don’t like them having the power, they do and elections cure that, however, I don’t like all of this race baiting going on and the Republicans can do something about it and they won’t.

bflat879 on August 12, 2013 at 7:35 PM

Can there be a bigger slime ball and dirt bag, than Harry Reid?

kjatexas on August 13, 2013 at 4:23 AM

Actually Harry, we do not like Obama for the same reasons we don’t like you!

Windsweeping on August 13, 2013 at 10:08 AM

I don’t know about the rest of America, but personally, I love being lectured on racism by one of the biggest racists in Washington.

Cylor on August 14, 2013 at 11:52 AM