Metaphor of the day: The 300 game that wasn’t

posted at 6:21 pm on August 6, 2013 by Allahpundit

To cleanse the palate. Baseball has Armando Galarraga, bowling has Troy Walker.

Watch what he says about hitting the lane’s reset button moments before he rolled for 300. This guy is basically Rubio, no? He’s all set up for glory, but just when it looks like he’s about to pull off something historic, he brain-farts and destroys his opportunity.

And yet, he still finished with the high score in the tournament. Hmmmm.

Comments

The guy who de materializes at second 36 and then reappears at second 42!!!

ParisParamus on August 6, 2013 at 6:32 PM

“Not in my house!”

He should give a lecture to the whining kid on Jeopardy

22044 on August 6, 2013 at 6:36 PM

I saw a 300 bowled last week, unfortunately, it was bowled by a member of the opposing team….

rw on August 6, 2013 at 6:36 PM

Stand-up fellow. Acknowledged what he did, no hedging.

Prufrock on August 6, 2013 at 6:39 PM

I bowled lots of 300 games in Grand Theft Auto IV. It wasn’t that hard.

Kensington on August 6, 2013 at 6:39 PM

So Rubio almost bowled a 300?!?! Give me a break. Not even close. Even without the gate.

Bmore on August 6, 2013 at 6:39 PM

He pulled a Munson.

Grunt on August 6, 2013 at 6:43 PM

Where are we going with this?

OK. I like to bowl. Even tho I suk at it, and have never bested 160, I still enjoy the sport.

BTW What is a “very brutal oil pattern” mentioned about 1:35?

egmont on August 6, 2013 at 6:48 PM

I was going to say since 1/20/09 America hasn’t been able to bowl a 300…..but then I realized since Obama we can’t even bowl a 200.

And thanks to the regulations/mandates and new restrictions we can’t bowl a 175 or a 150.

We’ll be lucky to have bowling shoes and a ball by the time his term ends. Hells Bells China will probably own our bowling alley and be charging us for wear and tear on the actual lanes!!

PappyD61 on August 6, 2013 at 6:56 PM

The Republican will survive Troy Walker’s screw up.

Rubio’s? Not so much.

Resist We Much on August 6, 2013 at 6:58 PM

ParisParamus on August 6, 2013 at 6:32 PM

Yeah, I think the capture of a ghost on video is way more interesting.

Dr. ZhivBlago on August 6, 2013 at 7:01 PM

He should give a lecture to the whining kid on Jeopardy

22044 on August 6, 2013 at 6:36 PM

No kidding, that was my thought exactly.

The kid was going to end up exactly where he did but, my guess, is that he is so used to winning and getting participation ribbons that he can’t handle choking in Final Jeopardy. I remember his performance because in the “chit chat” bit as the credits roll he was visibly sulking.

Happy Nomad on August 6, 2013 at 7:07 PM

PappyD61 on August 6, 2013 at 6:56 PM

Is that because the rat-eared wonder compares his bowling to that of those participating in Special Olympics? Can’t one-up the boss when he has the ego of an eight-year-old. I’m guessing his golfing performance will significantly decline once he is out of office.

Happy Nomad on August 6, 2013 at 7:11 PM

Barky bowled a 37 and, if the Indonesian Dog-eating retard were at the lanes, he would be lecturing Walker on how to bowl … except that Barky would be pronouncing it “bowel”, over and over.

Oh’-ree-ahn!!

ThePrimordialOrderedPair on August 6, 2013 at 7:14 PM

ParisParamus on August 6, 2013 at 6:32 PM

Speaking of Paris…

Paris, China (Photo Essay)

Resist We Much on August 6, 2013 at 7:18 PM

Happy Nomad on August 6, 2013 at 7:11 PM

Of all the days to have that discussion, President Revenge is returning to Leno tonight, where he made the Special Olympics gaffe.

22044 on August 6, 2013 at 7:33 PM

He pulled a Munson.

Grunt on August 6, 2013 at 6:43 PM

That he did.

portlandon on August 6, 2013 at 7:36 PM

Where are we going with this?

BTW What is a “very brutal oil pattern” mentioned about 1:35?

egmont on August 6, 2013 at 6:48 PM

The way oil is applied to the lane can make the shot very easy or very hard. A brutal pattern would be one that is flat (I’m guessing between a 1:1 to 3:1 oil ratio with most house patterns being 10:1) and long, probably in excess of 42 feet. Recently, the King of Swing Tournament in Milwaukee had a 1:1 pattern,, heavy oil and 52 feet long. The lane from the foul line to the center of the head pin is sixty feet. I apologize, but this explanation is kind of simplistic, but to explain the whole thing would take a lot of time and typing.

lfwest on August 6, 2013 at 7:53 PM

You call that bowling?

Any idiot can bowl a three hundred with a ball that big. Why not just drive a bulldozer down the alley?

Try candlepin bowling – that explains a lot of why Bostonians are so f’ing grumpy all the time.

turfmann on August 6, 2013 at 7:53 PM

lfwest on August 6, 2013 at 7:53 PM

Thank you. I was sure that the comment was a “scuse me while I KISS THIS GUY” moment but glad to hear (and know) there was a real explanation.

egmont on August 6, 2013 at 8:29 PM

An appeal must be forwarded to Jeff “The Dude” Lebowski if justice is to be served.

Bruno Strozek on August 6, 2013 at 9:57 PM

This guy is basically Rubio, no?

He was bowling with Chuck Schumer?

AshleyTKing on August 6, 2013 at 10:30 PM