Weiner to 69-year-old at AARP event: “What are you going to do about it, grandpa?”

posted at 5:31 pm on August 6, 2013 by Allahpundit

If you can’t win, you might as well go down swinging.

At senior citizens.

At an AARP-Univision mayoral forum this morning, mayoral contender Anthony Weiner pulled out the age card to taunt his most vocal challengers, 69-year-old Doe Fund founder George McDonald. Weiner is 48.

Before the debate, Weiner put a hand on McDonald’s back and said hello, prompting McDonald to reply: “I would appreciate if you would never touch me again.”

Weiner retorted: “What are you going to do about it, grandpa?” according to two sources.

A mild overreaction by McDonald, but in his defense, who knows where that hand has been? Speaking of which, watch below as the future First Gentleman of the United States does his “Anthony who?” shtick when asked about the mayoral race. Nice job by the reporter too in reminding the world that the Clintons are sufficiently close to Weiner and his wife (“a surrogate daughter”) that Bill ended up officiating at their wedding. Makes the “we have lots of buddies in the mayor’s race” spin that follows ring even hollower than it otherwise would have.

How bad must a sex scandal smell to make even the Big Dog run from the stench? This bad:

Serial sexter and mayor wannabe Anthony Weiner appeared to be embracing his embarrassing online pseudonym and encouraged crowds that chanted, “Carlos!” and “Carlos Danger!” while marching in the Ecuadorian pride parade yesterday.

Sporting bright blue pants, a bullhorn and an Ecuadorian flag, Weiner repeatedly shouted, “Que viva Ecuador!” to the crowd as he energetically ran down Northern Boulevard in Queens with his loyal interns following.

That’s the difference between Weiner and the Clenis. You can picture Clinton sexting with admirers; you can’t picture him embracing his ridiculous alias in hopes that some of the voters who are laughing at him might vote for him for funsies, or out of pity. There’s an unusual desperation to Weiner’s foibles that most sex scandals, Clinton’s or otherwise, never quite sink to, and I think that encourages critics to beat up on him — even though, ironically, his sins are less severe than most adulterous pols’. Case in point: It’s hard to imagine Clinton getting called out like this by a voter, even in his pre-presidential days.

Weiner: “OK, OK — you’re very passionate.”

Borock: “I’m passionate? More passionate than you on Twitter! I’m a social media expert! You should get someone to handle your s—. You are disgusting.”

Weiner: “OK, you’ve had your say.”

Borock (to quickly gathering reporters): “F— you all for …”

Weiner: “Whoa, whoa. There are little kids here.”

Borock: “Little kids? You have no right to talk about little kids! Social media? Want to see some Twitter action?”

I wonder if Spitzer, who broke the law he swore to uphold to get sexual satisfaction, has ever had someone get in his face like that. What is it about Weiner? Is it just that he’s especially bad at feigning shame? Is it that he has no record to run on, so voters feel less compunction in treating him like the sleazy careerist pol that he is? Is it just the name? Clinton’s sex scandals would have had more traction if he’d been “Bill Scrotum,” I suppose. (President Scrotum?) Exit question: What makes Weiner such an irresistible target?

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3

It’s really weird how there are some Jews like this. In all seriousness, I often contemplate why on Earth Jews seem to WANT to destroy themselves. Is it a theological thing? Whatever. Just don’t take the rest of us with you.

Sincerely,

A non-Jewish Zionist.

WhatSlushfund on August 7, 2013 at 12:02 AM

He’s a sociopath.

GeeWhiz on August 7, 2013 at 12:04 AM

scookam on August 6, 2013 at 11:07 PM

I offer, for your consideration, that liberals are irrelevant among Conservatives.

Many Conservatives have at one time been liberal. But there is no liberal who has ever once been Conservative.

Liam on August 6, 2013 at 11:24 PM

An excellent observation, sir.

“A liberal is a conservative who hasn’t been assaulted, raped, or mugged yet.”

I can’t remember where I first heard these words, and it’s only an approximation as I remember it.

listens2glenn on August 7, 2013 at 12:09 AM

Misanthrope.

John the Libertarian on August 7, 2013 at 12:29 AM

In fact, since this administration arbitrarily and capriciously administers the law in favour of special classes, I encourage all white people to become ‘Trans-Racial™.’

Resist We Much on August 6, 2013 at 7:25 PM

So, this would be a good time to let my inner one-eyed, african-American/Pacific Islander lesbian with only one leg and an alcohol problem come out?

Solaratov on August 7, 2013 at 12:42 AM

I really doubt that at age 69, this man is old enough to be Anthony “Weiner’s” grandpa!! What a disrespectful thing to say. Like he’s a kid or something. He is a loser in every way.

theaddora on August 7, 2013 at 12:44 AM

Like all leftists, Weiner is an arrogant little punk at heart.

Adjoran on August 7, 2013 at 12:51 AM

You would hit a guy for calling you what you are? You’re as scummy as Anthony David Weiner.
75 years old and unfit for public life; stay home.

Capitalist Hog on August 6, 2013 at 5:48 PM

If the 75 year old had told Weiner to keep his hands off him, Pervert, Weiner might have been justified in calling this man Grandpa, whether or not he is a grandpa or not, but since the man didn’t call him any names, which he richly deserves, he was not.
By the way, you’re rude.

theaddora on August 7, 2013 at 1:02 AM

Exit question: What makes Weiner such an irresistible target?

Freud’s dead. Give it a rest already.

WryTrvllr on August 7, 2013 at 1:14 AM

Dont put your hands on me either. Theres nothing over-reacting about it.

Keep your damn hands to yourself jackasses.

TX-96 on August 7, 2013 at 6:19 AM

Gosh with a well honed arrogant attitude like that, this man’s qualified to be White House material.
Look at it this way; he didn’t even get to say, “I won” and he behaves like that. Yep, with his moral corruption and the part’s “lust is us” agenda, he looks like the Dems threat to Hillary, should she somehow stumble or accidently fall under the liberal bus.

Don L on August 7, 2013 at 7:23 AM

“What are you going to do about it, grandpa?”

Proper response: “Touch me again and find out, bi**h.”

tommyboy on August 7, 2013 at 8:13 AM

It’s really weird how there are some Jews like this.

WhatSlushfund on August 7, 2013 at 12:02 AM

Is it weird that there are Christians like this?

How about Muslims?

Or Buddhists?

But I’ll give you an answer anyway, as far as we Jews go. We were bottled up in Christian and Muslim ghettos for 100s of years, with many pogroms and expulsions in between, to be topped off with the Holocaust.

Ever since Jews were initially given freedoms they previously did not have, many of them could not resist the temptation of running away and doing everything they could to shake off their inheritance and to mimic the non-Jews they intermarried with and lived amongst. But they trend specifically toward liberalism is to go to the extreme of supposed maximum freedom and to fight and claw against anyone who thinks otherwise.

Sad but true. While we view every Jewish soul as precious, there’s a certain culling of the herd tribe which indirectly seems to make life a touch quieter sometimes for us remaining observant Jews.

Regards from Jerusalem.

Shy Guy on August 7, 2013 at 8:21 AM

Liam on August 6, 2013 at 11:24 PM

Charles Johnson.

What did I win, Johnny?

Shy Guy on August 7, 2013 at 8:25 AM

Big tough guy thuggas actin out in the USA. I thought things were so bad here with innocent chirrens being slaughtered by whitey day after day.

So whether one believes or not, JayZ might just be in for an unpleasant surprise when the jig is up.

arnold ziffel on August 6, 2013 at 7:14 PM

I saw what you did there.

davidk on August 7, 2013 at 8:47 AM

I’ve decided that I am a Trans-Racialed™ woman.

After all, if a man can decide to be a woman even though his DNA proves that he is a man, why can’t I ‘come out’ as a black woman and be loud and proud about it?

Resist We Much on August 6, 2013 at 7:25 PM

Heh. Great idea. Use their tactics against them.

davidk on August 7, 2013 at 8:53 AM

What better way to take the heat off the Hillary-Huma connection than to marry Huma off to a Jewish Congressman they thought they could control. They could squash both the lesbian and Muslim Brotherhood speculation. Alas, as with all progressive plans, the factor of the individual character was not taken into account. It was all labels, positioning and appearance, like putting together a 60 second commercial.

claudius on August 7, 2013 at 9:07 AM

I am eagerly awaiting when someone, be it a man or a woman, is going to finally haul off and knock Weiner’s teeth clean out of his mouth!

This perverted degenerate is like constantly asking for it, and sooner or later, he may end up getting his wish, and then later regretting he did.

pilamaye on August 7, 2013 at 9:27 AM

Hi Shy Guy,

Hope all’s cool in Jerusalem. Miss that place dearly.

Is it weird that there are Christians like this?

How about Muslims?

Or Buddhists?

Shy Guy on August 7, 2013 at 8:21 AM

With regard to Christians, I don’t see a big trend among Christians to try to get themselves all killed and work with their enemies. I know that there are some Christians that do stupid and/or cowardly things, just like there is within any other group. Sometimes they get so Ned Flanders-ish that they do things that are not in their best interests. George Bush would be a good example. The guy was so charitable (and dumb) that he couldn’t see the evil of Islam that was right in front of his face and ended up giving s*** loads of our money to them, a policy that continues to this day, which will result in our doom if it continues. (Ed gets Ned Flanders-ish too on National Security issues, unfortunately.) But, I’m sorry to have to say, only Jews seem to be on this level of deliberate self-destruction mission. And the long, true history of Jewish persecution that you mention is not an excuse. Wouldn’t a proper response to that be to fight back against such evil forces with redoubled effort? As opposed to joining those forces like Weiner has? Face it, you guys have a psychological issue. Denying it doesn’t help. Sometimes I think that I care more about Jews than Jews do.

And as for Muslims, the mere fact that you could even raise them in an equivalent way in the context of this discussion reveals how much you are in denial of this problem. Here, take notes, write the following down ———– MUSLIMS ARE YOUR ENEMY. You may as well have defended Nazis in your post. What the hell is wrong with you guys?

Love,
Slush

WhatSlushfund on August 7, 2013 at 9:42 AM

Shy Guy on August 7, 2013 at 8:25 AM

No, Charles Johnson of LGF was originally a liberal before the September 11th terrorist attacks. Among other things he posted approvingly of a photo comparing Dubya to a chimpanzee. Within the first several weeks following the attacks he gradually shifted to support of conservatives.

aunursa on August 7, 2013 at 9:53 AM

only Jews seem to be on this level of deliberate self-destruction mission.

WhatSlushfund on August 7, 2013 at 9:42 AM

I didn’t realize that John Edwards was Jewish. I didn’t realize that Whitney Houston, Michael Jackson, John Belushi, and every other celebrity who destroyed their life with drugs was Jewish.

Youlearnsomethingneweveryday.

aunursa on August 7, 2013 at 10:00 AM

only Jews seem to be on this level of deliberate self-destruction mission.

WhatSlushfund on August 7, 2013 at 9:42 AM

Youlearnsomethingneweveryday.

aunursa on August 7, 2013 at 10:00 AM

Whoa, put down the glass of Manischewitz and engage the brain there for a second champ. What do celebrities have to do with this? What do global issues have to do with anything that you’ve said? None of the people that you mentioned collaborated with jihadis in a global war against themselves as far as I know. You can un-wad your panties now.

Youapparentlydon’tlearnsomethingneweveryday

Love,

Slush

WhatSlushfund on August 7, 2013 at 10:24 AM

So let me see if I got this straight…

San Diego has a Filthy Filner…

New York has a Filthy Weiner…

East coast wins again!

OldWeaselKeeper on August 7, 2013 at 10:36 AM

Capitalist Hog on August 6, 2013 at 5:53 PM

If I offer to shake someones hand then they can grasp my hand and shake it. If I don’t offer the hand they better keep their hands off me, period. Unlawful touching is battery politician or not.

chemman on August 7, 2013 at 10:50 AM

By the way, you’re rude.

theaddora on August 7, 2013 at 1:02 AM

Way to kind.

chemman on August 7, 2013 at 10:55 AM

When will we see that being Jewish is a belief system. If you can become something it’s a belief system. So many think it’s a race.

mixplix on August 7, 2013 at 11:42 AM

“Grandpa” should have decked the Weiner after the snotty remark.

Amazingoly on August 7, 2013 at 11:43 AM

mixplix on August 7, 2013 at 11:42 AM

Your understanding is partial and incomplete.

A belief system? Yes.
A genetic linkage to an “ethnic” (not racial) ancient heritage, proven through chromosomal data? Yes.

A single “race”? No.

There are Jews of various races: White European, Black Ethiopian, Brown Indian. There are even a (very few) remnants of Jews from China who look as Han Chinese as the next Han Chinese.

I get your point about “becoming something”. But it only accounts for converts who weren’t genetically Jewish from the start.

But it’s not quite like Christianity or Islam where there has been mass conversion (willing or forced) down through centuries, as simple as getting baptized or reciting the muslim Shahadatayn. Somebody wants to “become Jewish” when they have no genetic heritage directly through their mother, and mother’s mother, and so on? They’ve got to study hard and WORK at it for a good period to time to prove they MEAN it.

Yiwen on August 7, 2013 at 12:06 PM

Having seen and experienced some things, this is my determination.

As far as physical contact as concern, you do NOT lay hands on my wife –or myself — if either of us says that this attention is unwelcome.

If you persist we will try to walk away, saying “leave me alone!”

If you still persist in attempting to force attention on us against our will, we will use any physical means to compel you to break contact and bother someone else.

This is the reality of the world we live in. I’ve seen a lot of other people who wouldn’t get the message. It ISN’T cute, it ISN’T funny, and it has really, really serious repercussions. NO MEANS NO. If you do not understand that, you belong in prison.

pendell2 on August 7, 2013 at 12:17 PM

aunursa on August 7, 2013 at 9:53 AM

And now he has gone completely off the deep end. LGF is no longer a reliable site for rational thought.

A more apt example would be David Mamet.

cheeflo on August 7, 2013 at 12:46 PM

Or David Horowitz.

cheeflo on August 7, 2013 at 12:46 PM

the old man had every right to react that way. He didn’t ask to be touch by the perv. In his world, back in his prime, he’d probably deck the creep.

archer52 on August 7, 2013 at 12:59 PM

Liam on August 6, 2013 at 11:24 PM

Not true! My first presidential vote was for Ronald Reagan…BUT, between my first and second vote, I attended a liberal arts college that indoctrinated me into the liberal mindset. After leaving the (what I was taught to believe) racist, hillbilly state of Texas for the educated and tolerant state of Massachusetts, I slowly started feeling the undercurrents of hypocrisy and deception that is progressive liberalism. It was not, however, until 9/11 that I really woke up to reality and again indulged in logic over emotion and returned to my conservative roots.

So…it does happen!

ihasurnominashun on August 7, 2013 at 1:52 PM

aunursa on August 7, 2013 at 9:53 AM

Haha. It was so long ago, I forgot. I have not touched that website for so many years.

Shy Guy on August 7, 2013 at 1:54 PM

WhatSlushfund on August 7, 2013 at 9:42 AM

You’re way off regarding me. I know who and what you’re talking about and know that they are almost beyond the benefit of help of any sort.

Shy Guy on August 7, 2013 at 2:00 PM

Weiner needs to be dogged until he drops out of the race–and of society as well.

stukinIL4now on August 7, 2013 at 5:35 PM

Weiner is a duchelord. He received the exact same treatment that he used to give.

TQM38a on August 7, 2013 at 6:00 PM

Why couldn’t that have been Buzz Aldrin that Weiner mouthed off to?! In fact I’d like it if Buzz would travel to New York and tell Weiner “Here’s the absentee vote from the rest of the country”, and then drill him.

drunyan8315 on August 7, 2013 at 6:35 PM

Weiner is a duchelord. He received the exact same treatment that he used to give is known for giving others.

TQM38a on August 7, 2013 at 6:00 PM

Should not have been so quick on the “submit” button.

TQM38a on August 7, 2013 at 7:00 PM

Shoulda kicked weiner in the sausage balls.

Sherman1864 on August 7, 2013 at 7:40 PM

I betcha that somewhere there is a grandpa that wishes that at the first sight of Anthony Weiner, he should have left him on a used popcorn napkin at a drive in theater and tossed him in the garbage can, just like where he is now.

j bo on August 8, 2013 at 12:11 PM

WAPO reported a much-sanitized version wherein Weiner says “You have anger issues.” to the old guy.

So who’s telling the truth?

drunyan8315 on August 9, 2013 at 2:40 PM