Eminently reasonable DNC chair manages to anger own party

posted at 8:31 am on August 3, 2013 by Jazz Shaw

Who could possibly ever be angry at Debbie Wasserman-Schultz? I mean, the DNC has selflessly renewed her contract to continue her good works on behalf of America based on her unbiased, gosh darned loyalty to All Things America and her unswerving loyalty to the truth. But it seems that the ugly face of Washington politics can turn on even the most loyal soldier, including Debbie Downer.

Rep. Debbie Wasserman Schultz angered many top leaders in the party she leads as Democratic National Committee chair when she went public with her plans to use the connections she’s made in her national job to position herself for a statewide run in Florida or even a bid to replace Nancy Pelosi as Democratic leader in the House.

“This is unbelievable. So much for supporting the president or electing Democrats,” said a top Democratic political adviser. “She was honest that this is about her.”

Wasserman Schultz told Politico Friday that she plans to use the DNC’s donor network to create a political infrastructure for herself, with the goal of building a ladder of powerful connections.

This has gotten a number of noses up in the air.

“It’s a f***ng car wreck,” said a third prominent Democrat.

Rumors have been flying for a long time about the relationship between Debbie Downer and the Obamas, Debbie Downer and the Clintons, or Debbie Downer and, well… pretty much anyone but Debbie. She’s been all about self-promotion, but with the professionally advantageous trait of never letting the truth be a barrier to her statements on the cable news roundtables when it came to promoting the party agenda. But now that the buffalo chips are down and there seems to be a sliver of daylight for her to work her way upwards, the gloves are off.

Could this finally be the end of DWS as a permanent MSNBC fixture? Or will she walk it back in time for Meet the Press tomorrow? Stay tuned.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2

What is it with the left and cankles?

fossten on August 4, 2013 at 6:39 PM

Blonde ambition=Brunette abomination.

Bmore on August 4, 2013 at 6:56 PM

I guess my biggest problem with Debby Downer, besides her hateful rhetoric, lying, and far-Left baby-killing ideology, is her voice. It’s disturbing. It’s as if every time she opens her hole she just finished eating a box of saltines. I just want to give her a two-liter bottle of Sprite to wash the salt and cracker crumbs out of her mouth.

WarEagle01 on August 4, 2013 at 7:33 PM

DWS is the perfect representative of the Dim party: stupid, dishonest, and willing to stab anyone and everyone in the back to advance her own interests.

Why are they criticizing her? She embodies everything the Dim party stands for. They could not have come up with a more perfect representative if they had custom-ordered one.

AZCoyote on August 4, 2013 at 7:38 PM

calculating the inertia having to be over come to make that corner….

rgranger on August 4, 2013 at 7:44 PM

WarEagle01 on August 4, 2013 at 7:33 PM

She always sounds defensive and “stiff”.

listens2glenn on August 4, 2013 at 7:57 PM

Cankles are the key to being a good democrat.

8thAirForce on August 5, 2013 at 4:06 AM

Which is bigger? The caddy’s trunk or that things arse?

acyl72 on August 5, 2013 at 7:38 AM

I thought the democrats banned little blue dresses thanks to Bill.

meci on August 5, 2013 at 8:41 AM

Which is bigger? The caddy’s trunk or that things arse?

acyl72 on August 5, 2013 at 7:38 AM

In my opinion that dress does nothing for her. It’s a great picture because the perspective makes her look Hobbit sized.

Dr. Frank Enstine on August 5, 2013 at 9:09 AM

I thought the democrats banned little blue dresses thanks to Bill.

meci on August 5, 2013 at 8:41 AM

Like BO it is half black so I expect that the average dem thinks of it as a little black dress rather than blue.

Dr. Frank Enstine on August 5, 2013 at 9:11 AM

A pervasively unattractive person and that’s before I got a look at the sitter.

StevC on August 5, 2013 at 11:09 AM

Quelle surprise! For politicians, self interest is the only interest.mchristian on August 3, 2013 at 8:51 AM

For the record, when deceit, bafoonery and graft are your methods, self-interest is not at play.

beselfish on August 6, 2013 at 11:14 AM

I want Debbie to tell me (again) just how stupid Sarah Palin is.

My collie says:

I don’t think I want to be around when that happens. I went into convulsions last time.

CyberCipher on August 6, 2013 at 3:45 PM