Quotes of the day

posted at 10:21 pm on July 31, 2013 by Allahpundit

In an interview with conservative radio talk show host Dana Loesch on “The Dana Show” Monday, Cruz said Republicans in Washington have relaxed their fight the Affordable Care Act and view the GOP’s continuing stand against the law as an uphill battle.

“I think there is a powerful defeatist approach among Republicans in Washington,” Cruz said. “I think they’re beaten down and they’re convinced we can’t give a fight. And they’re terrified.

“This is our last chance to take out Obamacare,” Cruz continued. “And every one of those Republicans who says, ‘Let’s not fight on the continuing resolution,’ what they’re really saying is, ‘We should surrender to Obamacare being a permanent feature of our economy.’”

***

Painting the GOP as unwilling to cooperate to solve problems is key to Democratic efforts to win back control of the House next year, Pelosi said. “I see a revival of bipartisanship, of people saying, ‘What is this thing that they are opposed to everything?’ This is not a manifestation of most Republicans in the country. This is an ideological wing.

“There’s really a heightened awareness (from voters) of Republicans’ obstructing, obstructing, obstructing everything that comes down the pike,” she said. “They see these extreme measures and they realize that this is different … this is an over-the-edge crowd that is unlike any other.”

***

”It requires 60 votes in the United States Senate [to achieve repeal, and] 67 votes to override a presidential veto,” says Senator John McCain, who recently dubbed Cruz a “wacko bird.” When informed of Cruz’s remarks, McCain—who was imprisoned and tortured during the Vietnam War—pretended to yank a white flag from the breast pocket of his suit. “Yeah, I’m scared,” he cracked, a tight smile frozen on his face. “I surrender.”…

Revisionist history, Cruz argues. “The cocktail chatter wisdom in Washington that the shutdown was a disaster for Republicans is not borne out by the data,” he said, noting Republicans dropped only a handful of House seats in 1996 and gained two in the Senate, even as Bill Clinton romped to re-election. Nor was the actual shutdown “as calamitous as many paint it,” according to Cruz. “The world didn’t end. Planes didn’t fall out of the sky. Social Security checks didn’t stop. We didn’t default on our national debt,” he said. “What happened was nonessential government services were temporarily suspended. That happens every single week. On the weekend.”

***

The Republican problem is not a lack of courage. McConnell has done his best to harass the Democratic majority and the president. While Speaker Boehner can’t simply wage guerrilla warfare, he, too, has sought to thwart the White House’s agenda. But without a unified leadership (something that is only possible when you have a president and even then it is not a given) and single agenda, there will always be room for dissidents to accuse those in charge of not being tough enough.

As for the government shutdown, I agree with all of those, like our Pete Wehner, who say the strategy is a loser. Going to the brink won’t stop ObamaCare and claiming that those who understand this are chickens is juvenile. But what Cruz and Rush are tapping into is the frustration of the party faithful who wonder why the party’s leaders can’t just say no to Obama and shut the monster they hate down. In the absence of a sign that Republicans share this frustration, they look to create artificial and generally meaningless distinctions between a largely imaginary establishment and a cadre of true believers…

Talk of Republicans surrendering to Obama is absurd. But instead of just getting mad at Cruz and fuming over Limbaugh’s statements, the Republican leaders need to be crafting a message to their own supporters that takes this frustration into account.

***

“I will say he’s a terrorist,” Matthews added. “What he’s done is say, ‘my goal is demolition.’ Blow up health care. Blow up the continuing resolution. Bring the government to a standstill.”

Matthews was repudiated by former John McCain campaign manager Steve Schmidt who said that it was irresponsible for him to call a sitting U.S. Senator a “terrorist.” Matthews demanded to know “why” that was inappropriate.

“I said political terrorist – that’s what he is,” Matthews insisted.

***

Cruz could not have been clearer: He did not use “surrender caucus” to describe Republican opponents in the defunding debate. But go back just a few days, to July 25, when Cruz appeared on Sean Hannity’s radio program. In that interview, at about 8:00, Cruz lamented what he said was the tendency of some Republicans to avoid a fight on key issues.

“I am perpetually frustrated by what seems to be the surrender caucus in the Congress,” Cruz said, “the group that just want us to give in and who say, well, President Obama will never give in on his top priority. Well, why is it that he gets to hold his principles, and it’s assumed that we have to roll over, when the American people are with us?”…

After this post appeared, Cruz spokeswoman Catherine Frazier called to say that Cruz has “never directly criticized one of his colleagues in that manner. He has deep respect for all of his colleagues in the Senate, regardless of their personal views, and when he was speaking earlier this morning, his point was that he has never used that term directly toward any of his colleagues — nor would he ever.”

***

“You lose 100 percent of the battles that you begin by surrendering.”

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3 4

Ted!

KCB on July 31, 2013 at 10:23 PM

…my next President!

KOOLAID2 on July 31, 2013 at 10:23 PM

KCB!

KOOLAID2 on July 31, 2013 at 10:23 PM

Electrongod on July 31, 2013 at 10:23 PM

KOOLAID2 on July 31, 2013 at 10:24 PM

Cruz!

Bmore on July 31, 2013 at 10:24 PM

“You lose 100 percent of the battles that you begin by surrendering.”

Bmore on July 31, 2013 at 10:25 PM

Man I hope he isn’t a let down.

Bmore on July 31, 2013 at 10:26 PM

There were a lot of brave rats on the Titanic.

Limerick on July 31, 2013 at 10:26 PM

KOOLAID2!!!!!!!!

KCB on July 31, 2013 at 10:26 PM

I will give it to Ted Cruz…he’s really hitting every media he can fearlessly.

CoffeeLover on July 31, 2013 at 10:26 PM

Think how different things might be with this mans attitude.

Bmore on July 31, 2013 at 10:27 PM

Bmore on July 31, 2013 at 10:27 PM

I agree. I know I am starved for someone who will just fight!!

CoffeeLover on July 31, 2013 at 10:29 PM

I hear Jay Carney said something about four dead phony something or something. That’s the quote of the day as far as I’m concerned.

Ronnie on July 31, 2013 at 10:29 PM

Think how different things might be with this mans attitude.

Bmore on July 31, 2013 at 10:27 PM

Imagine 51 of him!

KCB on July 31, 2013 at 10:30 PM

Making sense of it. Nice group Allah.

Bmore on July 31, 2013 at 10:30 PM

If we don’t now, then whatever happens in 2014/16 is irrelevant, the fundamental transformation will be complete.

abobo on July 31, 2013 at 10:32 PM

**edit: If we don’t fight now…

abobo on July 31, 2013 at 10:32 PM

“There’s really a heightened awareness (from voters) of Republicans’ obstructing, obstructing, obstructing everything that comes down the pike,” [Nancy Pelosi] said.

How better to define Conservatism than by fighting liberalism, to obstruct every Democrat plan and notion? Anything else lies somewhere between compromise and surrender, and many of us are done with compromise. I see no reason to so much as negotiate with those who never once keep their word. Instead, they must be destroyed politically, neutered so they’re one day never again a viable political force.

Liam on July 31, 2013 at 10:33 PM

Against my better judgement, I went there…

Stop Being Black

PointnClick on July 31, 2013 at 10:34 PM

Incognito.

annoyinglittletwerp on July 31, 2013 at 10:34 PM

McCain can go to hell in a handbasket…

OmahaConservative on July 31, 2013 at 10:36 PM

Take a stand! It’s our last chance. and if we just roll over, people are going to think we’re soft chubby overindulgent wusses. The people hate Obamacare, proceed with the fight, and get the Dems on the record to say they want to fund the horrible Obamacare. As Newt says a govt shutdown wouldn’t be a big negative, especially in this case where there is a real reason for it, to stop a horrifying entitlement that probably we can’t walk back.

anotherJoe on July 31, 2013 at 10:36 PM

Man I hope he isn’t a let down.

Bmore on July 31, 2013 at 10:26 PM

Even if he were honest, he’d have to have his own party behind him. Do you think that will happen?

rickv404 on July 31, 2013 at 10:37 PM

McCain makes my skin crawl. Yuck

Thank God for those that are fighting. It’s a small group but a solid principled one.

gophergirl on July 31, 2013 at 10:37 PM

Tingles what an idiot
When even axlerod backs away from this you know he screwed up

Double down there tingles

cmsinaz on July 31, 2013 at 10:38 PM

I don’t know. I like him. We’ll have to see how many other might as well.

Bmore on July 31, 2013 at 10:39 PM

2nd that OC

cmsinaz on July 31, 2013 at 10:39 PM

other=others

Bmore on July 31, 2013 at 10:39 PM

My tabby cat stalks his toy mice. Earlier this evening, Sheldon chose to bring me a white mouse rather than a brown mouse.
Conclusion:My cat is a racist.

annoyinglittletwerp on July 31, 2013 at 10:40 PM

No, you bend over for the democrats for free. You’re old and done, McCain.
You only scare when you have to face your constituents. I hope they tear you limb by limb.
Cruz is the firebrand we need to set a fire to everyone’s a$$ hair.

HornetSting on July 31, 2013 at 10:42 PM

I can tell and many of you know. We are experiencing a huge vacuum of forceful leadership. Cruz is going after it in a none to subtle way.

Bmore on July 31, 2013 at 10:42 PM

McCain can go to hell in a handbasket…

OmahaConservative on July 31, 2013 at 10:36 PM

Yeah. What he said!

HornetSting on July 31, 2013 at 10:43 PM

The Republican problem is not a lack of courage.

Then it’s a lack of morals, because THE problem is simply a lack of moral courage … so it’s one, the other, or both.

ShainS on July 31, 2013 at 10:44 PM

The Republican problem is not a lack of courage.

ShainS on July 31, 2013 at 10:44 PM

Like that No Labels group…..no balls.

HornetSting on July 31, 2013 at 10:46 PM

HornetSting on July 31, 2013 at 10:43 PM

McCain is a political slutbag, darlin’

OmahaConservative on July 31, 2013 at 10:46 PM

Like that No Labels group…..no balls.

HornetSting on July 31, 2013 at 10:46 PM

Heh.

ShainS on July 31, 2013 at 10:48 PM

HornetSting on July 31, 2013 at 10:43 PM

McCain is a political slutbag, darlin’

OmahaConservative on July 31, 2013 at 10:46 PM

Lol…yes, he is. Just ask Teddy.

HornetSting on July 31, 2013 at 10:48 PM

I want to go Cruzin to victory in’16. Go Ted!

predator on July 31, 2013 at 10:49 PM

Did Twerp move to cognito? What is she doing in cognito then? Just visiting?

SparkPlug on July 31, 2013 at 10:51 PM

predator on July 31, 2013 at 10:49 PM

My camel spiders would prefer Rick Perry.

annoyinglittletwerp on July 31, 2013 at 10:51 PM

I’m a cruzservative.

SparkPlug on July 31, 2013 at 10:52 PM

Did Twerp move to cognito? What is she doing in cognito then? Just visiting?

SparkPlug on July 31, 2013 at 10:51 PM

Twerps supposed to be cleaning up the kitchen and making her and the mister’s lunches. Tomorrow is Twerp’s Monday. Mondays suck-and have her department is made up of idiots.

annoyinglittletwerp on July 31, 2013 at 10:53 PM

If Republicans refuse to stop Obamacare I will never, ever vote for another Republican, but I will write in Cruz/Lee ’16, FREEDOM PARTY!

FloatingRock on July 31, 2013 at 10:54 PM

My camel spiders would prefer Rick Perry.

annoyinglittletwerp on July 31, 2013 at 10:51 PM

I could live with RP, but my heart wants Teh Ted!

predator on July 31, 2013 at 10:54 PM

Top of the main page, Cruz on the right, Zimmerman on the left. Each have had their Hispanic “credentials” questioned. Zimmerman, from Peru you know, per Toure. A “White Hispanic” if Hispanic at all. And about Cruz, Bill Richardson famously said, Ted Cruz should not “be defined as a Hispanic”. So what’s up with HotGas prominently displaying these two Hispanic wannabes, these poseurs? Why don’t you show pictures of some REAL Hispanics? Like here and here.

Paul-Cincy on July 31, 2013 at 10:54 PM

I want to go Cruzin to victory in’16. Go Ted!

predator on July 31, 2013 at 10:49 PM

I just want all of the good guys to band together to strike fear in McCain and his ilk (by that I mean the dems too) when they take over.

It would bring a whole new meaning to “I won”

gophergirl on July 31, 2013 at 10:55 PM

predator on July 31, 2013 at 10:49 PM

My camel spiders would prefer Rick Perry.

annoyinglittletwerp on July 31, 2013 at 10:51 PM

Alright! Starting early this time, my black widow of candidates!
Excellent!

HornetSting on July 31, 2013 at 10:56 PM

Headlines highlighted a Guardian article titled:

Why the Republican coalition will still work in 2016
Predictions of demographic doom for the GOP are wishful: polling shows that winning big with white voters can deliver

Yes, I think it’s that, or we lose. Just a couple of percentage points more of the white vote, and none of it “missing,” and we have sweeping victories. But we have to sail into the ugly wind of political correctness to win big. No mushy Romneys. And probably this is to our advantage with the white vote: defund Obamacare.

anotherJoe on July 31, 2013 at 10:59 PM

HornetSting on July 31, 2013 at 10:56 PM

those things look like the love children of a spider and a scorpion. I’ve never seen one up close-but others around here have.

annoyinglittletwerp on July 31, 2013 at 11:00 PM

It would bring a whole new meaning to “I won”

gophergirl on July 31, 2013 at 10:55 PM

I’m with ya all the way, gg.

Shake the GOPe to their very core.

predator on July 31, 2013 at 11:01 PM

Let’s never forget that at the same exact time that the MSM was telling us “the Tea Party is losing popularity, their approval rating is at an all time low”, the IRS was going after the Tea Party with brass knuckles.

Screw the IRS. Screw Boehner, McConnell, Cantor, McCarthy, etc. Screw the MSM. Screw the Democrats. They all represent interlocking pieces of the status quo. And they’re scared to death of the likes of Ted Cruz and his supporters.

ardenenoch on July 31, 2013 at 11:01 PM

HornetSting on July 31, 2013 at 10:56 PM

annoyinglittletwerp on July 31, 2013 at 11:00 PM

During the presidential primaries, you have a red hourglass on your belly.

HornetSting on July 31, 2013 at 11:06 PM

HornetSting on July 31, 2013 at 11:06 PM

I meant the camel spiders-and NO! I will NOT support Chris Christie, Paul Ryan, Marco Rubio, or Jeb Bush.
Don’t…Even…ASK!!!

annoyinglittletwerp on July 31, 2013 at 11:12 PM

HornetSting on July 31, 2013

…I miss you…when you go on those l o n g breaks!

KOOLAID2 on July 31, 2013 at 11:12 PM

This is pure B.S.! McConnell has done his best to harass the Republicans in the Senate and pressured Cornyn & Kirk to remove their names from Mike Lee’s letter. Most likely prevented others to not sign it.

Boehner has thwarted Obama’s agenda? Another lie!

Boehner has carried the water for Reid & McConnell in the Senate for Obama!

Boehner & McConnell are Obama’s Republican Leaders!

bluefox on July 31, 2013 at 11:14 PM

So far – there are TWO Politicians that I would VOTE For Under ANY Circumstances:

1. Sarah Palin

2. Ted Cruz

……and I’m LEANING towards Rand Paul…….

The Reason?: They are all identifiable by THE SAME Trait:

The Mainstream Media ABSOLUTELY LOATHE and are TERRIFIED of Them!

THAT’S how I know they’re REAL!!

williamg on July 31, 2013 at 11:14 PM

HornetSting on July 31, 2013 at 11:06 PM

Don’t…Even…ASK!!!

annoyinglittletwerp on July 31, 2013 at 11:12 PM

Oh, I’ll ask. When needed.

HornetSting on July 31, 2013 at 11:15 PM

Think how different things might be with this mans attitude.

Bmore on July 31, 2013 at 10:27 PM

It doesn’t take that many, surprisingly. Cruz has enormous force, even by himself. It’s why they’s so scared of him. One man with vision and moral courage terrifies the rest huddling in their cowering conformity to the idols of the tribe.

I look at McCain and the rest of these GOP fools and it’s like watching a hoary syndicated drama — the same thing over and over again. Thick, fearful, prideful, visionless men. Amazing that America breeds so many, so alike, so hateful of free thinkers. In America? What happened to us?

rrpjr on July 31, 2013 at 11:16 PM

Man I hope he isn’t a let down.

Bmore on July 31, 2013 at 10:26 PM

If he is as principled as he seems to be, he won’t be.

I am not getting all worked up about the Obamacare business till we get close to the vote.

Then it will be time to light up the congress-critters phone lines like we did on the gun control effort.

And find someone willing to primary John “Surrender Monkey” Boehner next year.

PolAgnostic on July 31, 2013 at 11:17 PM

I want to see Obamacare repealed, but not yet. Not a single Republican in Congress, in either house, voted for that bill. Why rescue the Democrats from their own impending train wreck?

If Obamacare goes into full force and turns out to be a total disaster, the Republicans can say they warned us and hopefully repeal it or defund it. They would have broad support among people of all parties for doing so.

If they defund it now, the Democrats can say “it would have worked” and a large portion of Democrats would still not believe it is the train wreck that it is and overall it would be doing the Democrats a huge favor while not really gaining the Republicans anything at all.

So, rather than interfering with the Democrats’ train wreck, let it happen. The Democrats pushed hard for this. They told a lot of lies. Let those chickens come home to roost. Let people get a belly full of “Obamacare” and demand that it be repealed. Letting it continue is going to do a lot more damage to Democrats than to Republicans. Stopping it right now helps Democrats more than Republicans by saving them from a disaster of their own making.

crosspatch on July 31, 2013 at 11:17 PM

Who cares what Schmidt, the back stabber of Palin has to say?
McCain either, since he allowed it? Matthews? Why is he even mentioned on HA? Pure garbage!

bluefox on July 31, 2013 at 11:18 PM

williamg on July 31, 2013 at 11:14 PM

Perry
Cruz
Jindal
Pence

Palin for US Senate-not for President.
I don’t trust anyone who’s father is Ron Paul.
Too much crazy in that family.

annoyinglittletwerp on July 31, 2013 at 11:18 PM

HornetSting on July 31, 2013

…I miss you…when you go on those l o n g breaks!

KOOLAID2 on July 31, 2013 at 11:12 PM

I’m sorry, KA. Running two small businesses.

HornetSting on July 31, 2013 at 11:20 PM

The Founders bled and died to wrest power from a King and form a government where the People were sovereign, not a king-like executive, and these modern day morons in the House and Senate whine and complain about how hard things are and how they just can’t defeat the power of the President. They are surrender monkeys who don’t deserve the honor of representing the people of this country. MAKES ME SICK.

txmomof6 on July 31, 2013 at 11:20 PM

CRUZ 2016!

That is all.

Pork-Chop on July 31, 2013 at 11:21 PM

Why rescue the Democrats from their own impending train wreck?

To avoid the train wreck.

Bmore on July 31, 2013 at 11:22 PM

It would bring a whole new meaning to “I won”

gophergirl on July 31, 2013 at 10:55 PM

This ^^^^^^ a thousandfold.

Our good guys are well-versed in their principles and able to argue them convincingly.

Contrast Cruz’s remarks to those of the vacuous Pelosi or of the drunkard Matthews.

onlineanalyst on July 31, 2013 at 11:23 PM

I’m sick and tired of being cautious around 0 and his ilk!

Bmore on July 31, 2013 at 11:23 PM

williamg on July 31, 2013 at 11:14 PM

I tend to agree, possibly in a different order. Mike Lee is probably my favorite, followed by Ted Cruz, (although it’s still early and we’ll have to wait and see if he runs off and joins the crony establishment like Rubio and Ryan did), and I like Palin and Rand Paul, but I rank them below Cruz/Lee because they’re squishier on illegal immigration.

I’ve just noticed that you didn’t mention Mike Lee. What do you think of him?

FloatingRock on July 31, 2013 at 11:23 PM

Why rescue the Democrats from their own impending train wreck?

To avoid the train wreck.

Bmore on July 31, 2013 at 11:22 PM

Yeah, to watch the carnage. All those slutbags.

HornetSting on July 31, 2013 at 11:24 PM

Why rescue the Democrats from their own impending train wreck?

To avoid the train wreck.

Bmore on July 31, 2013 at 11:22 PM

Yeah, to watch the carnage. All those slutbags.

HornetSting on July 31, 2013 at 11:24 PM

LOLZ! Spews beer all over laptop…

OmahaConservative on July 31, 2013 at 11:25 PM

The strength and contiuation of our republic are at stake. We need terrific spokesmen and fighters like Cruz.

Check this out:
Daniel Henninger has an excellent column on Obysmal’s authoritarianism in today’s online WSJ. The comments by readers are excellent, too.

The usurpation of power via executive agencies while ignoring the checks and balances of the legislative has to stop in its tracks. Gridlock is good to squelch this petty tyrant, this madman drunk on his assumed power.

onlineanalyst on July 31, 2013 at 11:26 PM

When Cruz speaks, it’s like he is doing a “mind meld” with me!

Except what he says makes sense…and stuff…

KCsecurity1976 on July 31, 2013 at 11:27 PM

I’m not worried about the party’s crosspatch. I’m worried for our Nation.

Bmore on July 31, 2013 at 11:31 PM

Sure, so you avoid the “train wreck” but the Democrats will spin it as Republicans perpetuating the train wreck of the current health insurance perception. There is nothing to be gained by Republicans by stopping it right now. The Democrats would claim that it would have worked and the lower income people will be on the Democrats’ side on the issue.

If the Republicans allow it to happen, the Democrats are not going to be able to shake the blame for it. If the Republicans save them from it, they will be able to make adjustments and try for another bill later. If the wreck happens, the Democrats will probably not have another chance for decades. The people wouldn’t stand for it.

There is no up side overall across the general population of the US for doing the Democrats a huge favor and preventing their monster from taking effect. Not ONE Republican in Congress voted for it. The Democrats bullied it through Congress against the wishes of their constituents. Why remove that albatross from around their necks?

I say we don’t do the Democrats any favors. Let them go down in history as completely screwing this up.

crosspatch on July 31, 2013 at 11:33 PM

Bmore. If the Republicans rescue the country from this, the Democrats will just be back with a different plan in a few years.

crosspatch on July 31, 2013 at 11:34 PM

Oh, and I *do* care about the parties. There is nothing more corrupt, more anti-American, more downright evil than the Democratic Party. They are corrupt to the core. They have to be allowed to fail.

The Democratic Party must be allowed to destroy itself else it will continue finding new and innovative ways of destroying us.

crosspatch on July 31, 2013 at 11:36 PM

I don’t care the damage is not worth the Political liability. I done apologizing for “The Loyal Opposition. A bird in the bush. crosspatch, it should have been stopped at clotchure. I will take the last chance. If it fails, Cruz is on record in no uncertain terms as opposing. The Democrats will always be back. Now is the time for decisive action. I don’t hope to punish this Nation so we will have some kind of a wedge issue. This thing passes, the track record is clear. Its done.

Bmore on July 31, 2013 at 11:38 PM

I=I’m

Bmore on July 31, 2013 at 11:39 PM

KCsecurity1976 on July 31, 2013 at 11:27 PM

Lol!

Bmore on July 31, 2013 at 11:40 PM

crosspatch on July 31, 2013 at 11:17 PM

Because it’s a lot more important to me to live my life free of tyranny so that I can finally start a family and raise my kids in a good, freedom loving country—and it’s not a bit important to me that the corrupt GOP establishment might score cheap political points against their nearly identical “opponents” by standing by passively while myself and the rest of my country are subjected to tyranny by the ruling class.

And the fact that the GOP nominated Romneycare in ’12 proves that their opposition to Obamacare is purely partisan. They never had any intention of stopping it, in fact I’m certain that they’ll use it to reward their cronies and punish their enemies the same way they always have; same as the Democrats.

FloatingRock on July 31, 2013 at 11:42 PM

If the senile jack@$$ has any guts and shame, he would fight for his seat as a Democrat.

burrata on July 31, 2013 at 11:42 PM

Quoting it again. I really thought by now everyone would get how damaging this is.

‘We should surrender to Obamacare being a permanent feature of our economy.’”

Bmore on July 31, 2013 at 11:42 PM

Where were McCain’s brashness, bravado, and balls when he was debating Choomboy. Remember before the last debate? “The gloves are gonna come off”, then he wimps out like some old fart. Came with nothing. Savage was right about this clown: Manchurian Candidate.

SailorMark on July 31, 2013 at 11:42 PM

If not DEFUNDING OBAMACARE then what?

If not now……when?

The gop has become just a pale, weak colored shadow of the Democrats themselves. Everyday some lifer republican up there (Richard Burr, Boehner, Paul Ryan, Cantor, Hensarling, McCain) tells us we can’t do anything we just need to shut up and accept it (Tom Cole, Tom Coburn to name a few).

I say, fight it suckers, or go the blankety blank home you lousy pieces of traitorous weak spined scum.

BTW,
If you get a call from a 202 area code or get anything in the mail I suggest you tell the telemarketers for the RNC (StopHillarypac.com) that you want them to DEFUND OBAMACARE AND STOP AMNESTY, and you’re not giving them a dime until they do.

And write it on their solicitating letters they send “survey” letters they call them…..like they care. USE BIG RED SHARPIE and get after it people.

FIGHT, FREAKING FIGHT!!!

FIGHT, FREAKING FIGHT!!!

FIGHT, FREAKING FIGHT!!!

FIGHT, FREAKING FIGHT!!!

PappyD61 on July 31, 2013 at 11:43 PM

Good evening, peeps!

Resist We Much on July 31, 2013 at 11:21 PM

You are going to be so impressed with this. I mean, if that’s possible. I’ve never seen you impressed, but — it has to happen, right? :)

Anyway, will take another day. I’m having trouble with chlamydia, and I have to gather a few pictures of a cell phone having an orgasm.

Axe on July 31, 2013 at 11:43 PM

So long as there is even a small window of opportunity, it should be our duty to stop it.

Bmore on July 31, 2013 at 11:44 PM

Axe on July 31, 2013 at 11:43 PM

Impressed with what?

Resist We Much on July 31, 2013 at 11:44 PM

The MSM will soon photo-shop Cruz into an Al Alwaki burnoose as Ted Teabagger Talibanner!

Any actual opponent of the Dems must be destroyed!

John McCain will be drawing a beard on it and giggling for the press.

profitsbeard on July 31, 2013 at 11:47 PM

Axe on July 31, 2013 at 11:43 PM

What on earth … ?

gh on July 31, 2013 at 11:47 PM

And find someone willing to primary John “Surrender Monkey” Boehner next year.

PolAgnostic on July 31, 2013 at 11:17 PM

Buckeye mutiny seeks to return Boehner to private life

Now a group of conservatives in Ohio-8, his congressional district are working to defeat him in the 2014 GOP primary.

Sounds good to me! May be useful to contact them.

bluefox on July 31, 2013 at 11:48 PM

FloatingRock on July 31, 2013 at 11:42 PM

That too! Lol! ; )

Bmore on July 31, 2013 at 11:48 PM

Hornet, what a pleasure to ‘see’ you today. The joint is always in better shape when you show up.

You did, you cooot.

This was a man, a mensch and a true hero.

McCain’s father and grandfather loathe him…from their graves. He is an embarrassment to the family, the country and the world.

Schadenfreude on July 31, 2013 at 11:48 PM

Tights are not impressive.

BTW, MUFON is checking into the recent cattle mutilation to see if ETs really taste like chicken.

SparkPlug on July 31, 2013 at 11:48 PM

crosspatch on July 31, 2013 at 11:17 PM

If the GOP stands by and allows me and the rest of America to be subjected to tyranny in order to score cheap political points against their nearly identical opponents, why on Earth should any of us vote for lowlife scumbags like that ever again?

FloatingRock on July 31, 2013 at 11:49 PM

Where are Ken and Scrumpy? No tell motel?

SparkPlug on July 31, 2013 at 11:49 PM

“You lose 100 percent of the battles that you begin by surrendering.” – Ted Cruz

And you RINOs wonder why we like him.

Cleombrotus on July 31, 2013 at 11:50 PM