Quotes of the day

posted at 10:21 pm on July 31, 2013 by Allahpundit

In an interview with conservative radio talk show host Dana Loesch on “The Dana Show” Monday, Cruz said Republicans in Washington have relaxed their fight the Affordable Care Act and view the GOP’s continuing stand against the law as an uphill battle.

“I think there is a powerful defeatist approach among Republicans in Washington,” Cruz said. “I think they’re beaten down and they’re convinced we can’t give a fight. And they’re terrified.

“This is our last chance to take out Obamacare,” Cruz continued. “And every one of those Republicans who says, ‘Let’s not fight on the continuing resolution,’ what they’re really saying is, ‘We should surrender to Obamacare being a permanent feature of our economy.’”

***

Painting the GOP as unwilling to cooperate to solve problems is key to Democratic efforts to win back control of the House next year, Pelosi said. “I see a revival of bipartisanship, of people saying, ‘What is this thing that they are opposed to everything?’ This is not a manifestation of most Republicans in the country. This is an ideological wing.

“There’s really a heightened awareness (from voters) of Republicans’ obstructing, obstructing, obstructing everything that comes down the pike,” she said. “They see these extreme measures and they realize that this is different … this is an over-the-edge crowd that is unlike any other.”

***

”It requires 60 votes in the United States Senate [to achieve repeal, and] 67 votes to override a presidential veto,” says Senator John McCain, who recently dubbed Cruz a “wacko bird.” When informed of Cruz’s remarks, McCain—who was imprisoned and tortured during the Vietnam War—pretended to yank a white flag from the breast pocket of his suit. “Yeah, I’m scared,” he cracked, a tight smile frozen on his face. “I surrender.”…

Revisionist history, Cruz argues. “The cocktail chatter wisdom in Washington that the shutdown was a disaster for Republicans is not borne out by the data,” he said, noting Republicans dropped only a handful of House seats in 1996 and gained two in the Senate, even as Bill Clinton romped to re-election. Nor was the actual shutdown “as calamitous as many paint it,” according to Cruz. “The world didn’t end. Planes didn’t fall out of the sky. Social Security checks didn’t stop. We didn’t default on our national debt,” he said. “What happened was nonessential government services were temporarily suspended. That happens every single week. On the weekend.”

***

The Republican problem is not a lack of courage. McConnell has done his best to harass the Democratic majority and the president. While Speaker Boehner can’t simply wage guerrilla warfare, he, too, has sought to thwart the White House’s agenda. But without a unified leadership (something that is only possible when you have a president and even then it is not a given) and single agenda, there will always be room for dissidents to accuse those in charge of not being tough enough.

As for the government shutdown, I agree with all of those, like our Pete Wehner, who say the strategy is a loser. Going to the brink won’t stop ObamaCare and claiming that those who understand this are chickens is juvenile. But what Cruz and Rush are tapping into is the frustration of the party faithful who wonder why the party’s leaders can’t just say no to Obama and shut the monster they hate down. In the absence of a sign that Republicans share this frustration, they look to create artificial and generally meaningless distinctions between a largely imaginary establishment and a cadre of true believers…

Talk of Republicans surrendering to Obama is absurd. But instead of just getting mad at Cruz and fuming over Limbaugh’s statements, the Republican leaders need to be crafting a message to their own supporters that takes this frustration into account.

***

“I will say he’s a terrorist,” Matthews added. “What he’s done is say, ‘my goal is demolition.’ Blow up health care. Blow up the continuing resolution. Bring the government to a standstill.”

Matthews was repudiated by former John McCain campaign manager Steve Schmidt who said that it was irresponsible for him to call a sitting U.S. Senator a “terrorist.” Matthews demanded to know “why” that was inappropriate.

“I said political terrorist – that’s what he is,” Matthews insisted.

***

Cruz could not have been clearer: He did not use “surrender caucus” to describe Republican opponents in the defunding debate. But go back just a few days, to July 25, when Cruz appeared on Sean Hannity’s radio program. In that interview, at about 8:00, Cruz lamented what he said was the tendency of some Republicans to avoid a fight on key issues.

“I am perpetually frustrated by what seems to be the surrender caucus in the Congress,” Cruz said, “the group that just want us to give in and who say, well, President Obama will never give in on his top priority. Well, why is it that he gets to hold his principles, and it’s assumed that we have to roll over, when the American people are with us?”…

After this post appeared, Cruz spokeswoman Catherine Frazier called to say that Cruz has “never directly criticized one of his colleagues in that manner. He has deep respect for all of his colleagues in the Senate, regardless of their personal views, and when he was speaking earlier this morning, his point was that he has never used that term directly toward any of his colleagues — nor would he ever.”

***

“You lose 100 percent of the battles that you begin by surrendering.”

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3 4

Only You – The Platters

thatsafactjack on August 1, 2013 at 1:41 AM

A Chicken Ain’t Nothing But A Bird – Cab Calloway

thatsafactjack on August 1, 2013 at 1:34 AM

Are you sure you want to go there, hon? I still have a playlist at youtoob with about 40 chicken songs on it.

Chicken Train

chicken train
runnin’ all day
chicken train
runnin’ all day
chicken train
runnin’ all day
I can’t get on
I can’t get off
chicken train take your chickens away

laser beam
in my dream
laser beam
in my dream
laser beam
in my dream
I can’t get on
I can’t get off
laser beam’s like a sawed off dream

chicken train
runnin’ all day
chicken train
runnin’ all day
chicken train
runnin’ all day
I can’t get on
I can’t get off
chicken train take your chickens away, whew!

novaculus on August 1, 2013 at 1:41 AM

Man I miss going to watch, listen to those guys play.

Bmore on August 1, 2013 at 1:42 AM

*munch*

And about the gulag.

He’s a poseur. Look how often he sets up Sylvester.. and then pretends to be the injured party. He’s probably a member of the political class. Plotting little Machiavellian.

thatsafactjack on August 1, 2013 at 1:29 AM

rotf –wow

Axe on August 1, 2013 at 1:42 AM

Are you going to warn him about the st@lkers?

PolAgnostic on August 1, 2013 at 1:39 AM

I like screwing with stalkers. Tell me more. Are they like trolls? Can I get banned from tweety for hurting them?

Bmore on August 1, 2013 at 1:43 AM

novaculus on August 1, 2013 at 1:41 AM

\

Good evening, Nova! LOL! I remember! We had a good time with that one, didn’t we? :)

thatsafactjack on August 1, 2013 at 1:44 AM

Should probably check your ears anyway, now that I stop and think about it.

Axe on August 1, 2013 at 1:44 AM

novaculus on August 1, 2013 at 1:41 AM

Sorry.. don’t have a clue where that slash came from… unintentional misfire. :)

thatsafactjack on August 1, 2013 at 1:44 AM

Bmore on August 1, 2013 at 1:42 AM

I don’t blame you. They were excellent.

thatsafactjack on August 1, 2013 at 1:46 AM

Axe on August 1, 2013 at 1:42 AM

lol!:)

thatsafactjack on August 1, 2013 at 1:46 AM

Are you going to warn him about the st@lkers?

PolAgnostic on August 1, 2013 at 1:39 AM

Do you think we should? I’m thinking Bmore’s too reasonable to get those little gangsters riled up. And I think his artwork is above their comprehension. I mean, Obama as Narcissus? They wouldn’t have the reference points to appreciate the satire.

novaculus on August 1, 2013 at 1:46 AM

The Fickle Chicken – The Atmospheres

thatsafactjack on August 1, 2013 at 1:48 AM

thatsafactjack on August 1, 2013 at 1:44 AM

Yeah, it was fun. I’m glad I kept the playlist. I’ve actually played it back a couple of times, and its a good listen.

novaculus on August 1, 2013 at 1:49 AM

Where is our Spritely One? I miss Scrumpy.

thatsafactjack on August 1, 2013 at 1:49 AM

Chicken Plucker- Jimmie Ballard

thatsafactjack on August 1, 2013 at 1:51 AM

Parisienne Walkways

Schadenfreude on August 1, 2013 at 1:51 AM

Mutilated Cows Found at Missouri Farm, Police Not Ruling Out the Possibility of Aliens or AxeFellow

SparkPlug on August 1, 2013 at 1:52 AM

thatsafactjack on August 1, 2013 at 1:49 AM

Well, uhm Ken says they went to a fancy smancy Hotel.

SparkPlug on August 1, 2013 at 1:53 AM

Bmore on August 1, 2013 at 1:43 AM

Yeah, they are your usual collection of trolls, moby’s … with the odd lunatic thrown in

I don’t know if you can get banned for “hurting” them …

… the Twitterverse allows LOTS of things that would get you banned most anywhere else with respect to “hurting” someone’s feelings …

Are you planning on posting pictures on Twitter of you hurting them?

I am pretty sure THEY would act on something like that … but there is a section reddit for it, no doubt

;-)

PolAgnostic on August 1, 2013 at 1:53 AM

Schadenfreude on August 1, 2013 at 1:51 AM

That’s beautiful. :)

thatsafactjack on August 1, 2013 at 1:53 AM

thatsafactjack on August 1, 2013 at 1:48 AM

OK. That went on the list.

novaculus on August 1, 2013 at 1:53 AM

Tweety Looks like I have some viewing ahead of me. In the meantime………

Good Night All.

Bmore on August 1, 2013 at 1:54 AM

PolAgnostic on August 1, 2013 at 1:53 AM

Strictly on a rhetorical basis, of course. ; )

Bmore on August 1, 2013 at 1:55 AM

SparkPlug on August 1, 2013 at 1:53 AM

Our Spritely One? I wish she’d come by the Glade. I miss her kindness, her laughter, and her poetry.

thatsafactjack on August 1, 2013 at 1:56 AM

novaculus on August 1, 2013 at 1:53 AM

LOL! I thought you’d like that one. :)

thatsafactjack on August 1, 2013 at 1:56 AM

novaculus on August 1, 2013 at 1:46 AM

You raise a VERY interesting point!

Lots of them would THINK he was “praising Caesar” when he’s actually mocking him …!?!

This could be a LOT OF FUN !!!!

uhmmm, see my inquiry about HOW he wants to hurt them re: “too reasonable”

PolAgnostic on August 1, 2013 at 1:57 AM

Schadenfreude on August 1, 2013 at 1:51 AM

That’s beautiful. :)

thatsafactjack on August 1, 2013 at 1:53 AM

Yes it is.

More chicken?

Banty Rooster Blues

novaculus on August 1, 2013 at 1:58 AM

novaculus on August 1, 2013 at 1:58 AM

LOL! :)

thatsafactjack on August 1, 2013 at 2:01 AM

Bmore on August 1, 2013 at 1:55 AM

PolAgnostic on August 1, 2013 at 1:57 AM

OK, Bmore, avoid lengthy back and forths with any a-holes who get up in your timeline, especially if they start dragging in their friends. Once they get you in their timelines, they will all report you for spam at once and get you suspended. So beware.

novaculus on August 1, 2013 at 2:02 AM

Bmore on August 1, 2013 at 1:54 AM

Goodnight, Bmore. Wonderful to spend some time with you again on the QOTD. If you see any cartoon-yellow feather lying around in the Glade…. LOL!Sleep well. :)

thatsafactjack on August 1, 2013 at 2:03 AM

I bid you all a fond goodnight. It’s been a pleasure, as always.

Live in the moment.

“Keep yourselves where the light is.”

Sleep well, Paladin. :)

thatsafactjack on August 1, 2013 at 2:05 AM

G’night Jackie, Bmore, & all. I think I’m going to head for the rack myself.

novaculus on August 1, 2013 at 2:07 AM

PolAgnostic on August 1, 2013 at 1:57 AM

Lol! Its true over at FN where I was posting there is one juror there, rajeshstar, I think is his nom. No matter how hard edged against 0 a piece may be. He always finds a way to see it as a praise of his beloved one. Its hilarious.

Hope these links work. Fingers crossed.

Bmore on August 1, 2013 at 2:10 AM

One more. Lol!

Bmore on August 1, 2013 at 2:17 AM

Night. ; )

Bmore on August 1, 2013 at 2:18 AM

I sincerely hope Cruz is correct with his assessment about the fear factor infecting the Republican ranks. However, I think McCain is a festering infection which has become very contagious to many of our Republican leaders. He has got to go! We could always depend on him to be a jackass, but as of late, all of his idiotic comments are so off the walI that it appears he is no longer hiding his desire to be a full blown Democrat socialist. He is not senile, he is not a maverick, he’s just another Republican loser with very dark motives.

mobydutch on August 1, 2013 at 3:01 AM

Why is it so hard for this party to actually craft a message and stick by it to the end? Are they, (the beltway Republicans and newly crowned cowards like John McCain) so scared of the liberal media that they can’t step up to a microphone and refute their bulls**t?

Rovin on August 1, 2013 at 3:49 AM

the gop had better vote for christie instead of cruz paul or rubio, if they know what is good for them
-morning joe crew

cmsinaz on August 1, 2013 at 6:17 AM

. . . GOP using Weiner as a weapon against Bill Clinton

^ LOL

(Headlines)

*cough*

Sorry. Morning, morning peeps. :)

Axe on August 1, 2013 at 6:20 AM

so obama running for president after 2 minutes in the senate is ok, but if cruz, paul or rubio runs for president after 2 minutes is not ok because of their vast right wing idealology
-lib talking heads on mj

cmsinaz on August 1, 2013 at 6:23 AM

-morning joe crew

cmsinaz on August 1, 2013 at 6:17 AM

If they were dumb enough to do so (and they are), liberals would be skewering them left and right. It’s not like any Dem is going to vote for either one, anyway.

-lib talking heads on mj

cmsinaz on August 1, 2013 at 6:23 AM

Of course! Obama is an exception because he’s so exceptional. So are Hillary, Filner, Wiener, etc.

Liam on August 1, 2013 at 6:29 AM

cmsinaz — I count Rubio in the same boat as Christie, hence my use of the plural. Meed more coffee here…

Liam on August 1, 2013 at 6:31 AM

Liam on August 1, 2013 at 6:31 AM

spot on on both counts my friend :)

Axe on August 1, 2013 at 6:20 AM

morning :)

cmsinaz on August 1, 2013 at 6:41 AM

Good Morning, Patriots!

If you have always believed that everyone should play by the same rules and be judged by the same standards, that would have gotten you labeled a radical 60 years ago, a liberal 30 years ago and a racist today.

– Thomas Sowell “The Shelby County School Consolidation: A Lesson in Liberal Overestimation” My take.

kingsjester on August 1, 2013 at 6:44 AM

mika and crew will talk to any gop legislator that will talk bad about cruz and paul and against any shutdown

cmsinaz on August 1, 2013 at 6:47 AM

kingsjester on August 1, 2013 at 6:44 AM

great take KJ…

cmsinaz on August 1, 2013 at 6:50 AM

cmsinaz on August 1, 2013 at 6:50 AM

Thank you, ma’am!

kingsjester on August 1, 2013 at 6:52 AM

cmsinaz

…I get riled in the morning just reading from you…what they are saying…if I actually watched mj there would be broken stuff everywhere…and I’d have alcohol poisoning by 8 AM!

KOOLAID2 on August 1, 2013 at 6:54 AM

KOOLAID2 on August 1, 2013 at 6:54 AM

i just shake my head while i’m getting ready for work, drinking my coffee…
its my morning comedy show, they are delusional…

cmsinaz on August 1, 2013 at 6:58 AM

cmsinaz on August 1, 2013 at 6:58 AM

Yep. As I wrote today, they overestimate their intelligence.

kingsjester on August 1, 2013 at 7:00 AM

kingsjester on August 1, 2013 at 6:44 AM

The issue of forced school busing was always painted as something only whites opposed. But I recall much of that, and as many black parents opposed it as whites. No one wanted their kids sent miles away to achieve ‘balance’ when there was a school within walking distance of home.

I always believed it was a way for bad administrators, like your essay says, to get more money and to shirk their own responsibilities. Through it all, standards have been lowered to the point where our literacy rate went from first in the world when I was kid to far below the averages of Asia, Russia, and the entire Western world.

Rachel Jeantel is a perfect example of how bad things are in this country. How she got a 3.0 GPA (assuming she’s telling the truth) is beyond me. She’s 19, still a senior, can’t read cursive, and can’t speak proper English. What’s the illiteracy rate in Detroit — 87%?

Every liberal plan and policy has been a dismal failure. And the Left’s only ‘solution’ is to throw more money at the problem. You’d think after fifty years of doing things that way, and seeing the failures mount up, they’d have come up with better fixes by now.

Then again, if they did, they wouldn’t be liberals.

Liam on August 1, 2013 at 7:00 AM

Then again, if they did, they wouldn’t be liberals.

Liam on August 1, 2013 at 7:00 AM

ding ding ding

cmsinaz on August 1, 2013 at 7:02 AM

kingsjester on August 1, 2013 at 6:44 AM

…very good!…I hope people read “My take”…it is a good way to start out the day!

KOOLAID2 on August 1, 2013 at 7:07 AM

KOOLAID2 on August 1, 2013 at 7:07 AM

Thank you very much, my friend!

By the way, has the perfesser gotten a “stealth hammer”?

He’s gone MIA.

kingsjester on August 1, 2013 at 7:09 AM

cmsinaz on August 1, 2013 at 6:47 AM

…no wonder Senator Senile looks like he never gets any rest!

KOOLAID2 on August 1, 2013 at 7:11 AM

KOOLAID2 on August 1, 2013 at 7:11 AM

yup…he’s getting the love on the left…

cmsinaz on August 1, 2013 at 7:15 AM

By the way, has the perfesser gotten a “stealth hammer”?

He’s gone MIA.

kingsjester on August 1, 2013 at 7:09 AM

…oh no!…organ rarely misses any race related thread…he always makes an appearance or two…if he does miss a day or two…it’s probably because he’s busy…using it !….priorities…you know.

KOOLAID2 on August 1, 2013 at 7:18 AM

Liam on August 1, 2013 at 7:00 AM

I am a victim of the first round of court-ordered bussing. Half of the local school was put on busses and sent 45 minutes away to another school. Half of that school were put on busses and sent 45 minutes to our school. Nobody was happy with the results. Since the two schools were demographically and economically different, there was complete chaos.

The result was white flight from the county so that within a few years ALL schools were pretty much homogeneous because there were no whites left to parcel out as part of some absurd idea that all you had to do for integration was make things look diverse on paper.

And BTW, even the proponents of bussing at the outset ultimately admitted just how damned stupid they had been.

Happy Nomad on August 1, 2013 at 7:20 AM

yup…he’s getting the love on the left…

cmsinaz on August 1, 2013 at 7:15 AM

That spiteful senile old coot loves the attention. I think he got applause the other day for his near-endorsement of Hillary.

Liam on August 1, 2013 at 7:20 AM

Senator Cruz is dragging them kicking and screaming back toward limited government. He is acting like a leader and they are behaving like defeatist. Stark contrast.

Panther on August 1, 2013 at 7:21 AM

To give credit where credit is due…….I did not come up with the term “The Surrender Caucus“.

Apparently the Chief of Staff of Senator Cruz came up with that one and told a reporter. Morning Joe tried to stir up trouble for Cruz yesterday morning with it, and then Laura Ingraham baited Cruz yesterday morning trying to get a headline (like she did Rep. Steve King recently).

But that term seems to fit.

For the record Cruz would not take the bait from Ingraham.

PappyD61 on August 1, 2013 at 7:22 AM

cmsinaz on August 1, 2013 at 6:47 AM

So McCain, as head of the surrender caucus, has a seat with his name on it?

Happy Nomad on August 1, 2013 at 7:22 AM

Liam on August 1, 2013 at 7:20 AM

yup

Happy Nomad on August 1, 2013 at 7:22 AM

almost, he’ll probably be sitting next to gibbsy

cmsinaz on August 1, 2013 at 7:24 AM

But that term seems to fit.

PappyD61 on August 1, 2013 at 7:22 AM

I have no problem with the remaining Republicans to call out their disloyal brothers for being rat bastard traitors. Surrender caucus fits perfectly those who are unwilling to even fight. We sent these bastards to DC to opposes things like Obamacare. If they are unwilling to fight then it is time they find another line of work (as if they are even employable as a Wal-Mart greeter).

Happy Nomad on August 1, 2013 at 7:25 AM

Happy Nomad on August 1, 2013 at 7:25 AM

They’d be great at carnivals, as the guy who sits in a chair over a pool and people get three baseballs for a dollar to throw at a target so a hit drops them into the water.

Liam on August 1, 2013 at 7:27 AM

Liam on August 1, 2013 at 7:27 AM

Well, that would be better than having them down by the on-ramp to the beltway with a hand-lettered sign saying “Will legislate for $$$” ;)

Happy Nomad on August 1, 2013 at 7:31 AM

Happy Nomad on August 1, 2013 at 7:31 AM

lol

cmsinaz on August 1, 2013 at 7:36 AM

I think he got applause the other day for his near-endorsement of Hillary.

Liam on August 1, 2013 at 7:20 AM

That, and a woody. Considering his profession and age, both had to be unexpected.

socalcon on August 1, 2013 at 7:45 AM

Now Abby huntsman is with the mj crew

Hilarious

cmsinaz on August 1, 2013 at 7:50 AM

While all these politicians are squabbling over Obamacare, they have forgotten the main point of all this: Overwhelmingly, the citizen
taxpayers do not want it!

Amjean on August 1, 2013 at 7:54 AM

taxpayers do not want it!

Amjean on August 1, 2013 at 7:54 AM

They haven’t forgotten. They simply don’t care. Other than many of them thinking they know better what’s good for us, there’s money to be made for them somewhere along the line. The same with amnesty, and every other crap thing they force on an unwilling populace.

Liam on August 1, 2013 at 7:56 AM

Paul labeled the spine-less Republicans in (what effectively is) the McCain led Senate and the Boehner led House as ‘squishes’. Since this word connotes a fun plaything, he gets away with it.

Start to approach ‘truth in labeling’ and the comfortable millionaires on The Hill get butt hurt.

Nope.

Trying, but, I can’t discern any empathy in me for them. But, thats probably a flaw in MY character. Just ask ‘em.

socalcon on August 1, 2013 at 7:57 AM

socalcon on August 1, 2013 at 7:57 AM

I’ve heard Karl Rove three times in the last two days explaining how the GOP shouldn’t even try to kill Obamacare. It makes me want to stuff his white board someplace that is anatomically uncomfortable. I don’t consider it to be a character flaw, just a normal reaction to “Republicans” acting like Quisling appeasers.

Happy Nomad on August 1, 2013 at 8:01 AM

I’ve never heard that said before, and it’s an excellent way to frame the issue.

ITguy on August 1, 2013 at 8:23 AM

Many of the same people telling us that Republicans will be hammered if the defund — because the media will never let them get their message out — are also telling us that amnesty will be a plus for Republicans. But why think that the media is going to give Republicans a break on that one? So, I heard Fred Barnes say that the media will never let the Republicans get their message out on defunding. But he also thinks we’ll have a Rubio-style immigration bill by next year, and that will be a plus.

This sort of reasoning makes no sense to me.

And I think Cruz is almost right about being afraid — they are afraid — of what the chattering class will say about them…but these are the same people who told us that McCain and Romney were our only hope, while looking askance at the Tea Party…so why listen to them?

EastofEden on August 1, 2013 at 8:31 AM

Rove.

On election night, watched his ENTIRE career disintegrate. His reaction to his (massive?) errors, reminded one of a college student finding out, that after buying the multiple choice answers to the final, there was an error assembling the test pages out of order.

Rove. It’s also a verb, Karl.

socalcon on August 1, 2013 at 8:35 AM

EastofEden on August 1, 2013 at 8:31 AM

Killing Obamacare and amnesty will not happen by merely counting on the GOP politicians to do the right thing. It is going to take grass roots activism. The pols in Congress need to be the ones getting the message, not worrying about what names the media is going to call them.

Happy Nomad on August 1, 2013 at 8:36 AM

I just saw that the fat bastard retorted that he was too busy running for re-election to have a beer with Rand Paul. Well, he wasn’t too busy with Hurricane Sandy to switch his endorsement to endorsement the rat-eared coward.

I don’t know why anybody would want to have a conversation with the fat bastard anyway. What kind of small talk do you engage in with a Quisling?

Happy Nomad on August 1, 2013 at 8:40 AM

They are Vichy Republicans, and may our progeny look upon them and their works with the same level of scorn and disgust…

CaptFlood on August 1, 2013 at 8:50 AM

Christie will make a great Running mate……

…….for Hillary.

PappyD61 on August 1, 2013 at 8:50 AM

fat bastard

that is so apropos. fat bastard has shown himself. all rand paul needs to do is walk away the winner.

gracie on August 1, 2013 at 8:54 AM

Keep it simple and stick to the facts.

Chuck Schmer and the Democrat leadership have been lusting for amnesty for years. They use the La Raza atty’s to write an amnesty bill then Republican Party “RINO” leaders all sign on to the sorry deal.

About says it all on the RNC, McCain, Paul Ryan, Rubio, ect.

They did give up, worse they join in the back stabing.

Just say no, and vote them out.

Cull them, out, use our votes, action drill.

APACHEWHOKNOWS on August 1, 2013 at 9:17 AM

Happy Nomad on August 1, 2013 at 7:31 AM

They’ve got people to handle that for them.

Bagmen

Solaratov on August 1, 2013 at 9:29 AM

Received a RNC fundraising call last night. After hearing their intro I identified myself as a Tea Partier and told them what what they can do with their attitude and leadership regarding Obamacare and Amnesty. Then I told them to put me on their no-call list.
I was assured that they would. Supported them since Clinton. Haven’t since McCain. Going direct. I feel the RNC is like a Mutual Fund. Trouble is I don’t like their portfolio. I do better making those “investments” on my own.

Whiterock on August 1, 2013 at 9:30 AM

Chuck Schummer and B. Obama etal lust for this am-nasty.

They had the La Raza atty’s draft the bill.

Now the RINO spineless Republican Party leadership get behind the commie Democrats and back shoot U.S. .

Cruz is 100% correct and these go along big goverment commie Democrat enablers must be culled from our herd.

Vote them out fast as possible.

Just say no and do not back down.

APACHEWHOKNOWS on August 1, 2013 at 9:33 AM

If they’re “non-essential”, why are we paying for them?

[Why not shut down the 'non-essential' parts of the government for a week or two, and see how things function. If the country doesn't collapse...just close down the 'non-essentials' permanently and rent out the office space.]

Solaratov on August 1, 2013 at 9:36 AM

Whiterock on August 1, 2013 at 9:30 AM

I am no longer giving pols the benefit of the doubt just because they are “Republican.” There are too many pro-amnesty squishes unwilling to do anything that might make the Demonrats mad (like killing Obamacare).

Happy Nomad on August 1, 2013 at 9:41 AM

Cruz, pissing off all the right people. McCain doesn’t like him? Pelosi doesn’t like him? Matthews doesn’t like him? Those are good signs, in my book.

I like him more every day.

Midas on August 1, 2013 at 10:11 AM

Chuck Schummer and B. Obama etal lust for this am-nasty.

They had the La Raza atty’s draft the bill.

Vote them out fast as possible.

Just say no and do not back down.

APACHEWHOKNOWS on August 1, 2013 at 9:33 AM

I agree with all of that, except the notion that ‘vote’ has any meaning as a solution anymore.

Midas on August 1, 2013 at 10:13 AM

Cruz is right. McLame and the redt of the GOP wimps are wrong. They are surrendering before the fight starts. Maybe they should move to France, they would fit right in. Go Ted!

neyney on August 1, 2013 at 10:48 AM

Pointnclick absolutely spot on! Bravo, I bow to you.

neyney on August 1, 2013 at 11:13 AM