McCain: I’m not sure who I’d support in a “Hillary versus Rand Paul” race

posted at 11:01 am on July 31, 2013 by Allahpundit

I’d love to write a post here explaining why I think Maverick’s likely to cross the aisle in this scenario. Problem is, I’ve already written it. Click that last link if you missed it the first time through.

IC: Given that you think things are out of control, what do you make of Hillary Clinton’s term as secretary of state?

JM: I think she did a fine job. She’s a rock star. She has, maybe not glamour, but certainly the aura of someone widely regarded throughout the world. I do think it is interesting that the issues where John Kerry is engaging is where Hillary Clinton did not engage in, that those decisions were left to the White House and the National Security Council…

IC: I want to talk about the Senate. It seems to me that the GOP leadership has been frozen by Rand Paul and Ted Cruz.

JM: I am not sure if it has been frozen, but certainly there is an element in the party that has been there prior to [World War II], the isolationist, America-Firsters. Prior to World War I, it was Western senators, and then Henry Ford and Charles Lindbergh, and then Taft versus Eisenhower. Even Reagan—Reagan’s presidency was perfect without ever a problem [said sarcastically]—there was an isolationist wing that fought against Reagan. And now the bad economy has exacerbated what has always been out there…

IC: When Hillary Clinton versus Rand Paul occurs in 2016, I guess you are going to have to decide who to vote for, huh?

JM: It’s gonna be a tough choice [laughs].

It’s not really a tough choice for him. He’s obviously not going to vote for a guy whom he regards as the ideological heir to Charles Lindbergh instead of the “rock star” Democratic hawk with whom he’s personal friends. His partnership with Joe Lieberman is proof enough that the cause of hawkish foreign policy trumps party ID for McCain. And since I wrote my last post on this subject back in May, he’s grown closer to the White House — so much so that Obama’s deputized him and Lindsey Graham to be the White House’s messengers to Egypt on holding new elections. The only complicating factor here that I can see is McCain’s Senate seat coming up in 2016. If Paul’s the nominee, as unlikely as that is, Maverick will have a hell of a tough time getting reelected in a red state after endorsing the Democrat for president. Going all in for Hillary means, realistically, that this would be his last term, which is good news for McCain-haters but not so good in the sense that it’ll free him up for the next three years to be the Democratic-leaning Maverick he longs to be. If you think he’s bathing in Strange New Respect from the media now, wait until he endorses Hillary. I think McCain would relish that, in fact; better to retire in 2016 with a secure legacy of “statesmanship” from having supported the press’s favored nominee than lose his reelection bid or endorse a Republican nominee he loathes.

The question isn’t whether McCain would endorse Hillary, it’s how many other hawks would endorse her or at least sit out in protest of Paul’s nomination. Not many, I think. Paul knows he has a problem here potentially so he’ll be picking his spots over the next two years to find a hawkish cause or two that he can embrace. That’ll give most conservatives comfort. Super-hawks like McCain and Graham will oppose him, but few voters are so focused on foreign policy that it’ll be a dealbreaker for them in a nominee. Plus, Hillary (or whoever the Democratic nominee is) will be under pressure from the left to moderate her/his own hawkish tendencies as a partial rebuke to Obama’s policies. Is a conservative leery of Paul on this one issue going to pull the lever for her when she’ll be out there on the trail politely criticizing O on drones, keeping Gitmo open, etc? Paul’s bigger problem on the right will be perceptions that he can’t get elected, which is apt to cost him key votes in the primary. In that sense he’s the mirror image of his new nemesis Christie, a guy who’s supposedly rolling in electability but who’ll have a problem with conservatives staying home in the general if he’s nominated. In lieu of an exit question, via RCP, listen to Mark Levin’s take on that yesterday on Cavuto.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3

Traitors, you’re on the right side of history

Schadenfreude on July 31, 2013 at 2:16 PM

What a motherfin’ jacka$$. I still can’t believe this loser won the GOP nomination….and then lost to a guy who had not one accomplishment to his name.

I wish someone would primary him and smoke is butt. Not just beat him, but pound him in the ground. And his sidekick from SC.

ramrants on July 31, 2013 at 2:17 PM

Col. Bud Day is already spinning in his grave.

Ward Cleaver on July 31, 2013 at 2:15 PM

A real man, mensch and hero died and the coot traitor and national embarrassment lives on.

Schadenfreude on July 31, 2013 at 2:18 PM

Time to retire, Senator McCain. Your praise of Hillary Clinton, even after Benghazi, is appalling.

Throat Wobbler Mangrove on July 31, 2013 at 2:19 PM

I’m sorry, this isn’t a ‘hawk’ or not issue. If someone wants to vote for Hillary because he’s a ‘hawk’, well… that person if a f*ckwit. Hillary ‘Benghazi’ Clinton is the preference for a ‘hawk’? Really?

F*ck McCain. McCain is a f*cking traitor to his party, to conservatives, and to his country at this point. I do not use that word lightly, but he’s earned it. Any goodwill or honor he earned by his military service was lost long ago, and all that remains is his numbskulled eager-to-help-destroy-his-country behavior including support for Hillary, this WH, support for al-Qaeda rebels/terrorists in the ME, etc.

Benedict Arnold McCain.

Midas on July 31, 2013 at 11:58 AM

Sadly, I agree.

davidk on July 31, 2013 at 2:20 PM

The GOP should move to strip McCain of the Republican party affiliation and he should be forced to acknowledge that he is a Democrat, or at the very least, take the Independent affiliation.

A record of his votes and his speeches supporting the Democrats should be posted on every available venue, and those GOP congress members whom he has attempted to sway to aid the Democrats privately should come forward and tell the Republican base exactly what he said and when he said it.

The GOP doesn’t need individuals who are truly working for the other side of the aisle undermining their efforts to serve the needs of the nation and the citizenry in their midst, using GOP funds, and hiding behind the Republican affiliation to do so.

John McCain is a classic example of a ‘public servant’ who has become a member of the political class, rather than a congressman who serves his district according to the promises he made to get elected and the platform and ideology of the party under which he garnered election.

He should be recalled and retired post haste.

thatsafactjack on July 31, 2013 at 2:21 PM

Rubio. McCain. Peas. Pod.

davidk on July 31, 2013 at 2:22 PM

I think he’s lost it.

He bumbles into the Dimocrat caucus meeting with Obongo this morning. He praises Bubba’s shiftless odious doormat. He’s willing to sell out his state to invading illegals. The Keating Five long ago indicated further treachery to come.

What next? Will he give Ho Chi Minh an endorsement like Zero did?

Col. Day and Jeremiah Denton and others at the Hanoi Hilton stayed true to the colors for all of their days afterwards. Addled McVain is practically burning the flag.

viking01 on July 31, 2013 at 2:23 PM

Has Palin distanced herself from this old coot yet? Does she say anything refuting his idiocy? I’m honestly asking.

happytobehere on July 31, 2013 at 1:51 PM

I’d say her recent revelations about being muzzled by his campaign are a step in that direction.

Thanks Arizona. Enjoy being reclaimed by Mexico.

njrob on July 31, 2013 at 2:11 PM

Don’t blame me. I did everything I could to primary him out in ’10. A lot of people here on HotAir were defending him then.

There are a few things that I’ve been displeased with Jan Brewer about, but if it weren’t for her standing up to Ovomit and his thugs, we would’ve already been reclaimed by Mexico.

Please consider supporting our efforts. http://standwitharizona.com/blog/

JannyMae on July 31, 2013 at 2:23 PM

He’s not sure what day it is…

2Tru2Tru on July 31, 2013 at 2:23 PM

I know who I would vote for between McLame and ….someone else.

NOMOBO on July 31, 2013 at 2:28 PM

This is the clown the Republicans ran for President against Obama. Anyone wonder why he lost? He said ” Obama Is A Nice Guy.” The Republican Party is a joke.

alanstern on July 31, 2013 at 2:28 PM

I always knew that McCain was a Democrat in Republican clothing. I rank him right up there with Reid, Shumer, Pelosi and Obama.

cajunpatriot on July 31, 2013 at 2:28 PM

Gone full Snarlin’ Arlen Specter……

viking01 on July 31, 2013 at 2:33 PM

Proud to be a Wacko Bird and Tea Partier than share a fondness for the likes of McCain and Graham. Just saying GOP leaves a bad taste in my mouth.

Bob in VA on July 31, 2013 at 2:35 PM

Don’t blame me. I did everything I could to primary him outin’10.A lotofpeople here onHotAir were defending him then.

Please consider supporting our efforts. http://standwitharizona.com/blog/

JannyMae on July 31, 2013 at 2:23 PM

No blame directed at you personally. It’s just that it was clear what this turd was last year and he was still nominated.

I believe the 2 party system has turned into one party of the ruling class who are just trying to divide up the spoils as we collapse.

I wish Beck didn’t go off the deep end as he could’ve been a useful counter to this nonsense.

P.S. I’ll take a look at the site and I’d never willingly let Mexico steal American land. Not to mention we are going to need most of the south after everything hits the fan.

njrob on July 31, 2013 at 2:36 PM

Maverick? no

Jackass, yes.

psrch on July 31, 2013 at 2:40 PM

Who knew that the overwhelming majority of the entire United States was isolationist and ‘America Firster’ before WWII?

Actually, I did since all of the polls and almost all of the politicians reflected this view.

Resist We Much on July 31, 2013 at 2:41 PM

Is it just me, or does that pic of McVain resemble a creature out of the X-Files? I’m thinking the “fluke-boy” out of the first season.

brushman on July 31, 2013 at 2:42 PM

The question isn’t whether McCain would endorse Hillary, it’s how many other hawks turncoat slutbags would endorse her or at least sit out in protest of Paul’s nomination

Fify.

HornetSting on July 31, 2013 at 2:42 PM

Dementia:

There was confusion Wednesday after the Arizona Republican mistakenly strolled into President Obama’s meeting with Senate Democrats at the Capitol.

davidk on July 31, 2013 at 2:43 PM

Every time I think I can’t like John McCain any less he goes right out and proves me wrong. I think it’s basically the only thing he’s still good at.

alchemist19 on July 31, 2013 at 2:44 PM

Please McCain, just go away, we wasted a nomination on you and you have harmed Palin more than you know. Just go away!

rjoco1 on July 31, 2013 at 2:46 PM

Sen. John McCain (R-Ariz.) signaled Tuesday that the dramatic boost in border-security in the Senate’s comprehensive immigration bill could be one of the provisions that may be changed in a potential House-Senate compromise.

During an immigration forum hosted by the AFL-CIO Tuesday, McCain – a key Senate Gang of Eight negotiator – said while a pathway to citizenship for the nation’s undocumented immigrants is a “fundamental element” of the bill, the “rest of it could be adjusted.” He singled out the border security parts as an example.
Continue Reading

“We don’t need 20,000 additional border patrol agents,” McCain said Tuesday.

davidk on July 31, 2013 at 2:48 PM

“My friends…”

10 days ago: McCain: Obama race remarks ‘very impressive’

Today: McCain: Obama has grown in office

Tomorrow?

Drained Brain on July 31, 2013 at 11:11 AM

Enquirer: McCain/Obama: I’m having his baby. Miss Lindsey left at the altar. Mccain’s portly daughter supports, Michelle jets off on vacation: I forgive him between bites of fatty short ribs.

HornetSting on July 31, 2013 at 2:49 PM

I wonder if he actually had stumbled into the WH if McVain would have bombed Liechtenstein yet?

viking01 on July 31, 2013 at 2:49 PM

Fify.

HornetSting on July 31, 2013 at 2:42 PM

Absolutely Spot On.

ToddPA on July 31, 2013 at 2:50 PM

I’ve never been much of a McCain-deranged HA’er…and have at least tried defending him against some rather outrageous accusations from many HA commenters over the past years…but lately, McCain is just losing it, seemingly.

It’s hard to watch him come up with his own questionable soundbites the past couple months (at least) and much of his comments make even me scratch my head. I don’t know what’s going on with him, but it’s not good.

JetBoy on July 31, 2013 at 2:53 PM

njrob on July 31, 2013 at 2:36 PM

I know you weren’t. I was just pointing out that many Arizonans did in fact recognize that he needed to go, and not all R’s supported him.

We’re on the same page. ;)

JannyMae on July 31, 2013 at 2:54 PM

And we have his odious daughter to deal with too. John McCain has been appalling lately, sadly. I held my nose and voted for him only because I adore Sarah Palin.

DebraChicago on July 31, 2013 at 2:57 PM

McCain has been this way long before you idiots voted for him and Palin was praising him 24/7. Stop pretending like you are shocked….shocked!

nottakingsides on July 31, 2013 at 2:59 PM

And we have his odious daughter to deal with too.

DebraChicago on July 31, 2013 at 2:57 PM

But, Megs is going to cure cancer or sumthin’.

Resist We Much on July 31, 2013 at 3:00 PM

We need to fix the primary system he got the nomination thru open primary in New Hampshire then Huckleberry kept staying in the race. The only reason I voted for him was Palin and learning about rev wright and bill ayers

ldbgcoleman on July 31, 2013 at 3:02 PM

nottakingsides on July 31, 2013 at 2:59 PM

Now…now. We don’t call you names…Troll.

Have you tried Decaf?

kingsjester on July 31, 2013 at 3:02 PM

nottakingsides on July 31, 2013 at 2:59 PM

I saw your prior posts bashing Sarah Palin. Either you’re trying to get some sorely needed attention or Bluegill is a bigger slutbag than suspected.

HornetSting on July 31, 2013 at 3:07 PM

Juan has spent so much time “crossing the aisle” he has forgotten his way back. No problem, Juan. Just stay there. The “Wacko Birds” on the republican side just upset you anyway.

KCsecurity1976 on July 31, 2013 at 3:08 PM

Each day with reports like these make this Republican in California look towards re-registering as a Decline to State (i.e., independent). It’ll happen if the shill of a bill that is “comprehensive immigration reform” becomes law. Guaranteed!

And I am also on the central committee for the local party but once I re-register I say goodbye to that and the GOP. Or shall I say the GOP has said goodbye to me. Funny, I thought only the Democratic Party left people like Reagan behind. Would Reagan be a Republican today? Doubt it.

islandman78 on July 31, 2013 at 3:11 PM

So many Republican Congressmen wanting to be Democrats…

albill on July 31, 2013 at 11:38 AM

Don’t be too hard on them. They’re either being pragmatic, or are scared or both.

They know that free enterprise above the lemonade stand level is dead and that the money from huge corporations, foreign and domestic banks the Saudis and other foreign interests run the show now.

They’re well aware that those who cause problems end up dead, in jail, or are paid off or threatened to shut up (Russert, Kyle, Stevens, Hastings, Seal Team 6 members, Tillman, the two FBI agents that “fell” out of a helicopter, Kokesh, Manning, Snowden, Aaron Swartz, Jonathan James, Gwatney, Tubbs-Jones, Breitbart, Candy and Sheila Baugh and many others), We won’t even go into the Clintoon Parade of Mysterious Deaths nor the dozens and dozens before them.

They know that most of these recent “tragedies” and “terrorist attacks” are staged hoaxes, but real ones like Nidal-Fort Hood get downplayed…so they can erode our Constitutional rights like so many Reichstag Fires.

They know why DHS, the Army and other government agencies have been buying up billions of rounds of ammunition and hundreds of armored vehicles. Hell, the Army recently bought about 3 million rounds for SKSs, AK-47s and other Soviet weapons-figure that one out.

In short, they know what we know and probably a lot more and that our system continues to fail and that the American people are being robbed at an unprecedented level. From what I’ve seen, even the TEA Party-backed Conservatives won’t dare speak out against much of this stuff. They figure they’ll do what they can without risking their own careers/lives and those of their families.

Dr. ZhivBlago on July 31, 2013 at 3:14 PM

nottakingsides = nonpartisan???

Resist We Much on July 31, 2013 at 3:20 PM

At least when Robert KKK Byrd finally skipped a groove and jumped the fence he mostly ranted about Ol’ Blue.

If only we were so lucky.

viking01 on July 31, 2013 at 3:21 PM

Amusingly enough, calling McCain’s Washington office results in a full voice mail box, calling his Arizona office results in getting hung up on multiple times then finally getting a surly aide with a *strong* Mexican accent who then hangs up on you when you say anything negative about the Senator, and his email contact form allows either direct issues or a generic ‘thank you’ response.

Edunai on July 31, 2013 at 3:27 PM

Edunai on July 31, 2013 at 3:27 PM

Lessons Senator Mary “no-answer” Landrieu (D- Harrah’s) taught him.

viking01 on July 31, 2013 at 3:31 PM

Open borders and supporting al Qaeda and the Muslim Brotherhood is not hawkish foreign policy.

VorDaj on July 31, 2013 at 3:42 PM

The sum total of McCain’s service to his country is crashing his plane and getting beat up for years.

Keep it up, martyr complex!

happytobehere on July 31, 2013 at 3:53 PM

As John McCain has attained and has created for himself serenity, and it is only his insanity that is keeping him alive in his senility.

RasThavas on July 31, 2013 at 3:56 PM

McCain proves beyond a shadow of a doubt that he is just like his daughter, a rich spoiled over-priviledge brat.

ErnstBlofeld on July 31, 2013 at 3:57 PM

Man I remember when he ran for president and all these big government Republicans told the libertarians and social conservatives and fiscal conservatives to suck it up and vote for him. Why is it that conservatives have to always have to suck it up to vote for these people but when a conservative runs these same people actively campaign against them?

OliverB on July 31, 2013 at 4:13 PM

WTFRAIDYS?!!!
Who he supports should be a no-brainer.

annoyinglittletwerp on July 31, 2013 at 4:14 PM

Name one country on the planet that is better off because of John Insane.

Go on. I dare you.

Resist We Much on July 31, 2013 at 4:36 PM

McCain: I’m not sure who I’d support in a “Hillary versus Rand Paul” race

John, We are 100% sure who you’d support.

RJL on July 31, 2013 at 4:54 PM

Maverick? More like unprincipled opportunist, I’d say.

RebeccaH on July 31, 2013 at 5:19 PM

McCain Ego > Party Loyalty

BigAlSouth on July 31, 2013 at 5:34 PM

njrob on July 31, 2013 at 2:36 PM

It’s been clear what he has been since 2008, but with Palin as VP and the socialistic views of Obama, it was yet another “lesser of two evils” scenario.

Then the GOP pulled yet another halfwitted RINO out of the hat. And again, most of us went the “lesser of two evils” because of the chaos and idiocy we are being treated to now.

No more. Are we up for a third time? It’s time to seriously consider it because it’s abundantly clear that the GOP is really just dem-lite.

What a total and utter shame because we are looking at Christie or Rubio or BushIII.

kim roy on July 31, 2013 at 5:48 PM

McCain reportedly had / has NO respect of love for ‘Hanoi Jane’…

But he is so supportive of Hillary, the Liberal Activist criminal b!tch who is responsible for rejecting continuous pleas for additional security – even after 2 previous terrorist attacks – from Ambassador Stevens, who is responsible for Stevens – the 1st Ambassador in 3 decades to be murdered – and dragged through the street, who is responsible (in part) for 2 other Americans being betrayed and abandoned to die as they fought for over 7 hours while waiting for help to come, who participated in the lies and cover up of this betrayal of Americans, and who screamed in mock rage before Congress, “What does it matter?”…that he would have a hard choosing between Rand Paul and Hillary?

Arizona, I know he has been for you guys for a while, but there comes a time when people lose their mind, begin hurting you more than they are helping, & MUST GO!

McCain HAS TO GO!

I no longer have one ounce of respect for this old, liberal/traitor-embracing, & obviously Alzheimer-suffering, nation/American-betraying dinosaur!

easyt65 on July 31, 2013 at 6:17 PM

I wonder if McCain was so confused when he was in captivity? He’s as weak as they come. The commies saw it in nam and the lib commies see it now. WEAK and BREAKABLE

rik on July 31, 2013 at 6:23 PM

HornetSting on July 31, 2013 at 3:07 PM

HEH, LMAO…

I’ve sure missed you from the old days.

LegendHasIt on July 31, 2013 at 6:30 PM

Crud. Didn’t mean to strike that.

HornetSting on July 31, 2013 at 3:07 PM

LegendHasIt on July 31, 2013 at 6:31 PM

BigAlSouth on July 31, 2013 at 5:34 PM

EGO?
…. Nope, E-GOP, and he is the true face of it.

LegendHasIt on July 31, 2013 at 6:36 PM

He’s still a disgrace, still a LOSER. I can’t even stomach the sight of him.

Aodhan on July 31, 2013 at 7:11 PM

Ah, that’s ok, I wasn’t sure who to vote for in 2008 between some senile pension raiding SOB and the Kenyan one. The only reason I voted R was that I figured McNasty would croak in a year and that Palin would get the job and impress us all.

stuartm80127 on July 31, 2013 at 7:37 PM

HornetSting on July 31, 2013 at 3:07 PM

HEH, LMAO…

I’ve sure missed you from the old days.

LegendHasIt on July 31, 2013 at 6:30 PM

Hey there. I spent Independence Day in your neck of the woods. Good to see you!

HornetSting on July 31, 2013 at 8:11 PM

I don’t know who you’d support, either, Senator.

Why don’t you RETIRE and think about it.

listens2glenn on July 31, 2013 at 8:28 PM

The Alaskan clown sure loved McCain.

nottakingsides on July 31, 2013 at 12:23 PM

Lisa Murkowski? Yeah, I don’t doubt it ..

cableguy615 on July 31, 2013 at 8:46 PM

He’s still a disgrace, still a LOSER. I can’t even stomach the sight of him.

Aodhan on July 31, 2013 at 7:11 PM

Easy ……. I can still think of him as “the Naval Pilot POW who refused release.”
What career, as a U.S. Senator ?

listens2glenn on July 31, 2013 at 8:54 PM

Quit taking sides.
…Troll.

kingsjester on July 31, 2013 at 1:17 PM

..I wish it would take a cyanide capsule!

cableguy615 on July 31, 2013 at 8:56 PM

While McCain may THINK he’s doing the right thing, did he ever consider that HE’S BEING USED?

I think so – same with Lindsay Graham.

The Dems are using you guys, big time. Please wake up. You don’t have to go whole hog on the Rs – just stop being used by the Dems.

MN J on July 31, 2013 at 9:04 PM

Please McCain, stay off our side.
Jackass.

dverplank on July 31, 2013 at 9:08 PM

Can’t Arizona recall this traitor?

sherrimae on July 31, 2013 at 9:58 PM

HornetSting on July 31, 2013 at 8:11 PM

I was wondering if you had moved from ‘fat cottonwood’.

THIS town is going to hell due to corrupt and stupid politicians and bureaucrats (much like nearly everywhere else).. So I’m spending more time out at the ‘gulch’ and in the process of divorcing / divesting myself of everything in town.

LegendHasIt on July 31, 2013 at 11:00 PM

McCain: I’m not sure who I’d support in a “Hillary versus Rand Paul” race

Liar! We all know who you would support.

fight like a girl on July 31, 2013 at 11:01 PM

Candidates who want to win will avoid the curse of a McCain endorsement.

virgo on August 1, 2013 at 12:13 AM

That’s funny. I’m pretty sure that I know who he would support. Because he’s certainly no Conservative, and not really even a Republican. He’s just a RINO.

JamesJr on August 1, 2013 at 1:10 AM

Can’t Arizona recall this traitor?

sherrimae on July 31, 2013 at 9:58 PM

In favor of whom?

J.D. Hayworth ran a lousy campaign, and in the last days he implied that he might not be for border enforcement after all, if he was elected. “Moderation” is the path to political success, right? This left his candidacy without a rationale.

“Everybody,” including Rubio and a stack of other Republicans, follows the drill: promise the base you will uphold the borders, get elected, then betray those who supported you.

Hayworth isn’t any more honest than that. He was just too stupid to stick to the standard timing. He started making his move too soon.

David Blue on August 1, 2013 at 5:47 AM

And this is what the RNC foisted on us in 2008. He’s another who should just switch to his true party, along with Christie and Rubio. Actually, the RNC should just annex itself with the DNC and quit pretending to be a separate political entity. This country has only had one political party for some time now and it’s destroying us. Come on, someone be brave and form the new party that we so desperately need. Cruz? Paul? Palin? Gowdy? Lee? ANYBODY???

blackgriffin on August 1, 2013 at 11:11 AM

So many of the politicians initially opposed to Obama have changed, drastically. I mean, even the expressions on their faces. Christie looks odd these days, as if he’s somehow been traumatized. Rubio got that same look. Jan Brewer, too. Have they been co-opted, by threats or blackmail? I know, I’m a tin-foil hat wearing conspiracy freak, right? But I remember that plane ride one senator went on with Obama during that whole Obamacare fracas and his sudden change of heart afterward. What happened on that ride? I don’t think he was bribed, but I’d believe he was somehow frightened into changing his stance. Hillary seemed to suddenly deflate during that 2008 campaign, as if all the fight got knocked right out of her. Oh, h@ll, I don’t know what I’m exactly saying, I’m just going on observation and instinct. And would anyone really be surprised to find that Obama is evil enough to privately intimidate pols into supporting him, or at least no longer publicly fighting him? I wouldn’t.

blackgriffin on August 1, 2013 at 11:20 AM

The GOP doesn’t need individuals who are truly working for the other side of the aisle undermining their efforts to serve the needs of the nation and the citizenry in their midst….He (they all) should be recalled and retired post haste.

thatsafactjack on July 31, 2013 at 2:21 PM

Who would be left? The entire party apparatus and those who manages to get approval to get to the top by that same apparatus, are all contaminated. The party is like a computer virus planted by the godless left and their firewall is hacked and full of holes.
we are way past the hour when we needed to fire this corrupt party and begin a new one.

Don L on August 1, 2013 at 12:49 PM

nottakingsides on July 31, 2013 at 2:59 PM

Gets you off does it?

Bmore on August 1, 2013 at 1:10 PM

What a pathetic old fool

lperello on August 1, 2013 at 4:07 PM

Why does McCain just be honest and change his party to democrat. As thats how he votes all the time.

The only time that senile old geezer knows he is a republican is during the election cycle.

sniffles1999 on August 2, 2013 at 1:08 PM