Noonan: Obama is at the “point where the American people stop listening”

posted at 1:21 pm on July 29, 2013 by Erika Johnsen

Last week, President Obama expounded upon his latest version of an ultra-recycled, been-there-done-that economic pivot — and it took him well over an hour to do so. Peggy Noonan had some rather pointed thoughts about that on ABC on Sunday, at the 2:05 mark:

When the White House calls it a “pivot” — somebody counted up and said it’s probably the tenth pivot to the economy that the president has done since he came in. I noticed that one of the speeches, it went over an hour, there was a heck of a lot jammed in. That told me something. It said, we’re not sure exactly what to say, so we’re going to say everything — but a speech about everything is a speech about nothing. Beyond that, I think every president, in the intense media environment we have now, certainly ever two-term president, gets to a point where the American people stop listening, stop leaning forward hungrily for information. I think this president got there earlier than most presidents, and I think he’s in that time now.

Ouch. All of President Obama’s grandiose economic pivots have pathetically little to show themselves; as George Will chimed in, our economy has continued to lose jobs during this ongoing “recovery” we’re supposedly in, and our labor force participation rate still hovering around a generational low of 63.5 percent.

Even Obama is cottoning on to the fact that all of the grandiloquence in the world isn’t going to do much to boost the popularity of crowning legislative achievement — but what he has up his sleeve besides more Keynesian-ish initiatives and “Republican obstructionism!”-sideshows is anyone’s guess. They’re still hoping that the law will speak for itself once it’s finally implemented, but the ol’ implementation process hasn’t been going too well so far:

Polls show the healthcare law is unpopular, and its approval ratings are falling. Disapproval topped 50 percent in a CBS News poll last week.

Obama said in an interview with The New York Times that the law will gain popularity once key provisions take effect next year and people are able to more easily purchase insurance.

“But until then, when we’re getting outspent four to one and people are just uncertain about what all this means for them, we’re going to continue to have some polls like that,” Obama said. “And me just making more speeches explaining it in and of itself won’t do it. The test of this is going to be is it working. And if it works, it will be pretty darn popular.”

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2

I stopped listening to Obama in 2010.

But I stopped listening to Peggy Noonan in 2008.

Chris of Rights on July 29, 2013 at 1:20 PM

Chris of Rights on July 29, 2013 at 1:26 PM

It’s so incredibly schadenfreudig to watch Peggy, the one who wet her panties at the thought of obama, for years.

She finally got cleaned up.

Schadenfreude on July 29, 2013 at 1:29 PM

Chris of Rights on July 29, 2013 at 1:26 PM

I never started. He was, is, and always will be a charlatanic narcissistic thug, in to destroy America, the Western world, further his Muslim Brotherhood and himself. That’s all there was, is, will be.

Wake up America.

Wake up world.

On the other hand, it’s extremely funny to watch you get what you cheered for. May he destroy all of you, and yours. YOU deserve NO less.

Schadenfreude on July 29, 2013 at 1:31 PM

“Phony inflation”, btw.

Schadenfreude on July 29, 2013 at 1:31 PM

Peggy, try 15 ‘pivots’ … by August 2011.

Awesomely Awesome News! Awesomely Awesome Obama Plans An Awesomely Awesome “Pivot” To Awesomely Awesome Jobs For The Awesomely Awesome 15th Time!

But, yeah, few listen to Obama any longer. He’s always been a bore. Now, he’s just a boor.

Resist We Much on July 29, 2013 at 1:31 PM

Ogabe’s voters are too busy looking for free stuff to loot to bother listening to anything Trayvon’s virtual father might be saying.

viking01 on July 29, 2013 at 1:32 PM

Start liestening, world. Snowden did you a big favor.

Schadenfreude on July 29, 2013 at 1:32 PM

Was there a cocktail napkin stuck to her cheek when she awoke from her nap to say this?

Flange on July 29, 2013 at 1:33 PM

Obama is at the “point where the American people stop listening”

I’d rather for that point to have been reached last November than now.

Bitter Clinger on July 29, 2013 at 1:34 PM

I hope that obama hunts/haunts all his bringers/keepers so long as you live, whichever of you go first, you or him.

Schadenfreude on July 29, 2013 at 1:34 PM

Obama is at the “point where the American people stop listening”

I stopped listening before it became cool..

Rogue on July 29, 2013 at 1:35 PM

Noonan’s Fables

1. Wolf knocks
2. Peggy lets wolf in
3. Wolf eats children
4. Peggy is aghast
5. Peggy opens another bottle

faraway on July 29, 2013 at 1:36 PM

‘I’m not concerned about their opinions. Very few of them, by the way, are lawyers, much less constitutional lawyers.’

- Barack Obama, NYT interview, 24 July 2013

Resist We Much on July 29, 2013 at 1:36 PM

But David Brooks is still in love with his perfectly creased pants.

crushliberalism on July 29, 2013 at 1:36 PM

Poor Peggy Noonan. She doesn’t realize that America stopped listening to her years ago. That America has stopped listening to Obama is just common sense, just too late though.

oldroy on July 29, 2013 at 1:37 PM

Is this a thread about how nobody is paying any attention to Obama?
So…we’re not talking about him, then…right?
Let me check this theory with a quick check to the HA main-page…and 99% of Erika’s posts.

Ha.

verbaluce on July 29, 2013 at 1:38 PM

I still listen, but only to make fun of him. Humor is one of the only things that’s keeping me sane right now.

Doughboy on July 29, 2013 at 1:39 PM

Is this a thread about how nobody is paying any attention to Obama?

verbaluce on July 29, 2013 at 1:38 PM

No, it about Americans not listening to him.

Resist We Much on July 29, 2013 at 1:40 PM

She finally got cleaned up.

Schadenfreude on July 29, 2013 at 1:29 PM

Certainly your hyperbolic gifts allow for a less crass analogy…

verbaluce on July 29, 2013 at 1:40 PM

Is this a thread about how nobody is paying any attention to Obama?

No. I pay attention to what he and his administration does. I just no longer pay attention to what he says. Actually, it’s even more subtle than that. I honestly don’t listen to him anymore. I decided it’s bad for my health.

Since your basic premise is invalid, the rest of what follows is just dribble.

So…we’re not talking about him, then…right?

Ha.

verbaluce on July 29, 2013 at 1:38 PM

You really don’t get it, do you?

Chris of Rights on July 29, 2013 at 1:43 PM

NeverEnding Talky Speechy Speechification Hopey Circuit Tour!!

Nothing,ever happens,no jobs,nutt’n,
only his voice!!

canopfor on July 29, 2013 at 1:43 PM

Is this a thread about how nobody is paying any attention to Obama?

verbaluce on July 29, 2013 at 1:38 PM

Who is this Obama guy we are talking about???

teejk on July 29, 2013 at 1:43 PM

Certainly your hyperbolic gifts allow for a less crass analogy…

verbaluce on July 29, 2013 at 1:40 PM

Schadenfreude on July 29, 2013 at 1:44 PM

OT – what an incredible insult to Jews.

Schadenfreude on July 29, 2013 at 1:44 PM

The Obama Fatigue/Saturation OverLoad/OverDrive Syndrome!!

canopfor on July 29, 2013 at 1:44 PM

People are still ‘paying attention’ to Anthony Weiner, but they are not ‘listening to’ him anymore.

He foibles are hot fun, but he is no longer taken seriously.

When Obama has to keep ‘pivoting’ to the economy time and time again, people no longer take what he has to say very seriously either.

His arguments have become passé and Americans have become blasé.

Resist We Much on July 29, 2013 at 1:45 PM

It’s time for Pegster to go join MoDo over at the Juiced on Mateus Club.

viking01 on July 29, 2013 at 1:46 PM

Is this a thread about how nobody is paying any attention to Obama?

verbaluce on July 29, 2013 at 1:38 PM

No, it about Americans not listening to him.

Resist We Much on July 29, 2013 at 1:40 PM

Well then why all the constant hyperventilating concern?
I certain think there’s much said about Obama folks are no longer paying attention to.
As shown by his resounding reelection to a 2nd term.

verbaluce on July 29, 2013 at 1:47 PM

I don’t think very many people every actually did listen to him. If they had, he wouldn’t have been elected. Because one thing you can say about Obozo, he says what he means a lot of the time. People may choose not to believe him, but he has said it.

KMC1 on July 29, 2013 at 1:47 PM

No, it about Americans not listening to him.

Resist We Much on July 29, 2013 at 1:40 PM

verbie can’t multi-thread but is the more harmless troll.

Schadenfreude on July 29, 2013 at 1:48 PM

I honestly don’t listen to him anymore. I decided it’s bad for my health.

Chris of Rights on July 29, 2013 at 1:43 PM

I wanna believe you, but…

verbaluce on July 29, 2013 at 1:49 PM

As shown by his resounding reelection to a 2nd term Rather his illegitimate re-election.

verbaluce on July 29, 2013 at 1:47 PM

The biggest, and untold, scandal is that in his 2nd term he’s illegitimate. He won like Putin and Chavez did, by threatening all his adversaries, via the DHS, NSA, IRS, HHS and so much more.

One day he’ll write about it, for 1 billion/book.

Schadenfreude on July 29, 2013 at 1:50 PM

verbaluce on July 29, 2013 at 1:40 PM

Heh. So early in the day to be offended.

a capella on July 29, 2013 at 1:51 PM

It bugs verbie that obama is derided by an entire snookered world.

He is the emty suit behind the curtain, always was…just now the curtain is pulled.

Schadenfreude on July 29, 2013 at 1:51 PM

verbie, no one cares what you and obama ‘believe’, though you are much less malignant.

Schadenfreude on July 29, 2013 at 1:52 PM

A welfare queens agitator who knows nothing about anything of importance, a man who is not fit to run a lemonade stand, the most incompetent President ever and by far, who got elected twice only because he can read a speech from a teleprompter and was able to bring more parasites than producers to the voting polls… But even the parasites get bored at some point with someone who can only read speeches that have been recycled thousands of times and they stop listening to him, as long of course as their welfare checks are being sent to them every month so all is OK in the parasites world… for now…

mnjg on July 29, 2013 at 1:52 PM

Well then why all the constant hyperventilating concern?

verbaluce on July 29, 2013 at 1:47 PM

Hyperventilating concern? You can be such a little, drama queen at times.

As shown by his resounding reelection to a 2nd term. as shown by his free-falling poll numbers.

FIFY. Gratis.

Resist We Much on July 29, 2013 at 1:52 PM

The “Mulatto Marvel” has kept my mute button busy for almost 6 years now. The button is almost worn out!

djtnt on July 29, 2013 at 1:53 PM

verbie can’t multi-thread but is the more harmless troll.

Schadenfreude on July 29, 2013 at 1:48 PM

Well, coming from the guy who tries to start threads within threads…
but ‘OT’…right?

verbaluce on July 29, 2013 at 1:54 PM

I got to that point after listening to just one speech of his back when he won the primary in 2007/08. since then I have not listened to a word he has said unless I couldn’t avoid it somehow like if it was piped on the radio in the next room.

the question I asked at that time and have been asking for the last 5 years is why anyone with a mind would ever listen to this man about anything.

unseen on July 29, 2013 at 1:55 PM

verbaluce on July 29, 2013 at 1:54 PM

If you’d pay attention, I do things with purpose, always. Most all things are on the same topic any more. I stated it, often, but you choose not to get it.

Plus, I always do what I please, just because I can. It’s marvelous.

Schadenfreude on July 29, 2013 at 1:56 PM

I wanna believe you, but…

verbaluce on July 29, 2013 at 1:49 PM

But…you have reading comprehension problems? I have made it clear on this board and many others that I stopped listening to him speak quite a long time ago. I don’t watch any of his speeches. I don’t watch any press conferences. I don’t even listen to excerpts when they’re played.

His constant lies and attacks on American citizens were raising my blood pressure. For my health, I had to stop. Since actions speak far louder than words anyway, I’m not really censoring myself to news. And, if he actually ever said anything important, I’m sure that the text of it at least would eventually sift through my filters.

Chris of Rights on July 29, 2013 at 1:57 PM

It bugs verbie that it can’t derail the obama-bashing. Oh, the ‘love’ of an absolute nothing of a ‘guy’…

Schadenfreude on July 29, 2013 at 1:58 PM

Huh…who knew focused lasers were on pivots?

James on July 29, 2013 at 2:00 PM

djtnt on July 29, 2013 at 1:53 PM

He hates his white mother, the first black Caucasian president, per the NYT’s Geoerge Zimmerman designation.

Schadenfreude on July 29, 2013 at 2:01 PM

Is this a thread about how nobody is paying any attention to Obama?
So…we’re not talking about him, then…right?

verbaluce on July 29, 2013 at 1:38 PM

Others have corrected you about the subject…

But the essence of why Americans are tuning his words out is simple: he’s ineffective. Yes, he handily got re-elected because the majority of Americans believed that he could be effective. They bought the line that the economy is Bush’s fault.

Whatever fault lay at Bush’s feet, it wasn’t catastrophic enough to take five years to remedy. Most Americans believe that Obama doesn’t have an answer, and in his words, they’ve heard it all before – to no effect for their betterment – and so they don’t listen to him. Why would they?

Instead, as more Americans are taking note of the effects of blue-model government around the country, they’re likely to find answers elsewhere than politicians and government. Government-centric society doesn’t work. Literally.

beatcanvas on July 29, 2013 at 2:01 PM

Hey verbie, how come the audiences in the last week, when the first black Caucasian president speaks, are all white? He must be a racist.

Schadenfreude on July 29, 2013 at 2:02 PM

You can be such a little, drama queen at times.

Resist We Much on July 29, 2013 at 1:52 PM

Well that’s a little dramatic.
No drama for me.
Just amused by this thread topic…here.

verbaluce on July 29, 2013 at 2:02 PM

Obama & ‘I will not rest until’ = 274,000,000 results

Obama & ‘I’ll never stop working for the American people’ = 25,200,000 results

Obama & ‘focus like a laser’ = 641,000 results

Obama & ‘focus like a laser on jobs’ = 450,000 results

Obama & ‘fat cats’ = 2,800,000 results

Obama & ‘let me be clear’ = 70,400,000 results

Obama & ‘green jobs’ = 602,000,000 results

Obama & ‘fight for the middle class’ = 269,000,000 results

Obama & ‘an economy built to last’ = 28,100,000 results

Meanwhile…

When Is MSNBC Going To Start Giving Obama Credit For This ‘Amazing Economy’? (charts and graphs)

Obama’s Version of ‘It’s A Wonderful Life’:

Every time I ‘create’ a job, two angels enroll in the food stamp programme.

Resist We Much on July 29, 2013 at 2:02 PM

“…the American people stop listening”

When you are lied to on a daily basis…

… it kind of has that effect.

Seven Percent Solution on July 29, 2013 at 2:05 PM

Schadenfreude on July 29, 2013 at 1:58 PM

I would never think I could derail the Obama bashing.
It gives you joy and has absolutely zero effect on Obama.
So please…do carry on.

verbaluce on July 29, 2013 at 2:05 PM

Well then why all the constant hyperventilating concern?
As shown by his resounding reelection to a 2nd term.

verbaluce on July 29, 2013 at 1:47 PM

He won a plurality- hardly “resounding”, at least in the real world. And a smaller percentage than he got the first time, granted the second time the opposing candidate wasn’t quite as weak.

As to “not listening”, it’s a case of the American people other than his nearly-mindless worshipers recognize that (1) he has dogmas he follows in spite of all evidence that they are factually incorrect, (2) he has no idea what he’s doing, and (3) he does not realize that he has no idea what he’s doing.

Add in the fact that he’s a fantasizer and by all indications a compulsive liar on a level that makes Bill Clinton look like the man Diogenes spent his life in search of, and it’s small wonder most Americans are simply tuning him out.

Myself, if I’d wanted an emotionally-arrested, juvenile, fantasy-prone personality with major impulse-control problems in the Oval Office, I’d have voted for PeeWee Herman. The fact that slightly more than half of the electorate was willing to vote for this one twice is more of a commentary on our educational system than anything else, i.e. they should have known better.

And if history was taught properly (especially European history from the 14th through 18th Centuries, with emphasis on Spain and France and their rulers) they probably would have.

clear ether

eon

eon on July 29, 2013 at 2:05 PM

Verby, I suggest you move to Detroit. Be the first one to spend time witnessing what your hero has planned for the rest of America.
Then, if you return, you can tell us of the glories.

either orr on July 29, 2013 at 2:05 PM

Wow, when the rat-eared coward has lost Noonan then he’s in bigger trouble than I thought.

She was his biggest supporter among “conservatives” in 2008. She was part of the silly crowd that lectured those of us on the right that we had no right to be judgemental of the man and that he needed to have the time to prove to us skeptics just how super-smart and post-partisan he was going to be as a unifying leader.

Well Peggy, in answer to your question. January 20th, 2008 at 12:17 or so was the point I stopped listening because even back then I knew that this bastard was not any of the the things you said he was. His inagural speech made that much clear. Shame on you for ever supporting such a monster.

Happy Nomad on July 29, 2013 at 2:07 PM

Schadenfreude on July 29, 2013 at 2:02 PM

I don’t listen to or pay attention to him as much as you do.
But you think he’s a racist?
Whatever, Schadenfreude.

verbaluce on July 29, 2013 at 2:08 PM

Obama’s voice is so offensive to me that I mute the TV/radio whenever he speaks. I also cannot stand to look at him. Whenever I see so many clueless idiots applauding and cheering his rhetoric, I want to vomit.

cajunpatriot on July 29, 2013 at 2:09 PM

verbie, we’re bashing Hillary in the new thread. Your ‘work’ is needed there. You increase HA Capitalism, which, ironically, is very good.

Schadenfreude on July 29, 2013 at 2:09 PM

Resist We Much on July 29, 2013 at 2:02 PM

Not sure about your scientific methods here.

verbaluce on July 29, 2013 at 2:09 PM

verbaluce on July 29, 2013 at 2:08 PM

Does it ever bother you that you’re defending a sleazeball socialist like the Dear Liar?

Galt2009 on July 29, 2013 at 2:09 PM

verbaluce on July 29, 2013 at 2:08 PM

Sure he is. When he leaves office he’ll have set race-relations in the US back by at least 70 years, single-handedly.

Schadenfreude on July 29, 2013 at 2:10 PM

verbaluce on July 29, 2013 at 2:05 PM

Heh, how wrong you are.

Schadenfreude on July 29, 2013 at 2:11 PM

I stopped listening to Old Peggy about 5 years ago.

Noonan loves Manhattan and Beltway cocktail parties much more than she loves her country.

bw222 on July 29, 2013 at 2:11 PM

verbaluce on July 29, 2013 at 2:08 PM

Galt2009 on July 29, 2013 at 2:09 PM

Umm…no.
I don’t have that concern.
But you should just stop listening to to him.

verbaluce on July 29, 2013 at 2:12 PM

verbaluce on July 29, 2013 at 2:08 PM

Schadenfreude on July 29, 2013 at 2:10 PM

And economic condition of the country back 100.

Galt2009 on July 29, 2013 at 2:12 PM

Peggy who?

Galtian on July 29, 2013 at 2:13 PM

And economic condition of the country back 100.

Galt2009 on July 29, 2013 at 2:12 PM

Never forget that it’s all on purpose.

Schadenfreude on July 29, 2013 at 2:14 PM

verbaluce on July 29, 2013 at 2:05 PM

Heh, how wrong you are.

Schadenfreude on July 29, 2013 at 2:11 PM

Maybe you can tell yourself you cost him a third term.

verbaluce on July 29, 2013 at 2:14 PM

But you should just stop listening to to him.

verbaluce on July 29, 2013 at 2:12 PM

That is irrelevant.
Whether I listen to the Dear Liar or not, he is still doing his level best to destroy Liberty.

But you don’t seem to care about that do you?

Do you agree with his Socialist National Agenda?

Galt2009 on July 29, 2013 at 2:16 PM

Resist We Much on July 29, 2013 at 2:02 PM

Not sure about your scientific methods here.

verbaluce on July 29, 2013 at 2:09 PM

Take it up with the great Progressive company, Google.

I posted the exact keywords that I used.

Resist We Much on July 29, 2013 at 2:16 PM

verbaluce on July 29, 2013 at 2:08 PM

Schadenfreude on July 29, 2013 at 2:10 PM

I’d say day one in office is when the upset began.

verbaluce on July 29, 2013 at 2:17 PM

Schadenfreude on July 29, 2013 at 2:11 PM

Maybe you can tell yourself you cost him His Party a third term.

verbaluce on July 29, 2013 at 2:14 PM

FIFY

Galt2009 on July 29, 2013 at 2:17 PM

verbaluce on July 29, 2013 at 2:12 PM

But you don’t seem to care about that do you?

Do you agree with his Socialist National Agenda?

Waiting for answer…

Galt2009 on July 29, 2013 at 2:22 PM

What is the electorate supposed to be listening to? They already agree that Obama is awesome. They elected him twice. What is Noonan blathering about? How many pivots must we endure from Noonan?

happytobehere on July 29, 2013 at 2:22 PM

Do you agree with his Socialist National Agenda?

Galt2009 on July 29, 2013 at 2:16 PM

Can’t say I’m a big fan of the uniforms.
If only there was some gulch somewhere…

verbaluce on July 29, 2013 at 2:22 PM

Is this a thread about how nobody is paying any attention to Obama?

verbaluce on July 29, 2013 at 1:38 PM

People who watch politics pay attention, even if they don’t respect him, believe anything he says, or if he does not drive the agenda. So, if your point is that political watchers still watch – bravo!!!! great point.

The question is, does the vast middle of America listen to him anymore? There was a time (very unfortunately) when a “major” speech by Obama could move the polls and the national conversation. Now, I don’t think even the most ardent leftists can argue that middle America pays much attention to anything Obama says anymore. He certainly does not move opinion any more and doesn’t drive the agenda.

Could he make a come-back in this department? Sure. But he’ll have to do more than retread his same talking points from the last 5 years as a “new” pivot to the economy.

Conservatives have known for years that Obama just is not that bright, doesn’t really understand history or economics and is not a particularly good speaker. Quick – point to me an original thought or insightful piece of analysis he ever provided? None. No great quotes from any speech, no memorable quips or lines anywhere. No inspiring new ideas. He’s been saying the exact same thing over and over for 5 years. Even the mushy middle who want to believe he is a good president are starting to realize he is an empty suit at best.

Monkeytoe on July 29, 2013 at 2:23 PM

verbaluce on July 29, 2013 at 2:14 PM

Maybe you can tell the world how obtuse you constantly are, though you are nicer than the other HA trolls combined.

Schadenfreude on July 29, 2013 at 2:23 PM

I’d say day one in office is when the upset began.

verbaluce on July 29, 2013 at 2:17 PM

It was much sooner. I figured him out bef. he ran. I know exactly who/how he is.

Schadenfreude on July 29, 2013 at 2:25 PM

More nonsense from Peggy Noonan. His poll numbers aren’t that bad. The media is in his pocket. America is filled with parasites on the dole. The economy stinks and it is never talked about on the news. If a Republican had the scandals Barry has their would be talk of impeachment. Holder didn’t consider resigning. Obama is. King. He takes blame for nothing. The Republicans are pathetic as an opposition party. Hillary will be the next president.

alanstern on July 29, 2013 at 2:26 PM

Do you agree with his Socialist National Agenda?

Galt2009 on July 29, 2013 at 2:16 PM

verbaluce on July 29, 2013 at 2:22 PM

Try answering a question for once.

You’re here day after day defending the Dear Liar’s Socialist National Agenda.

So, do you agree with said agenda?

Galt2009 on July 29, 2013 at 2:26 PM

I’d say day one in office is when the upset began.

verbaluce on July 29, 2013 at 2:17 PM

Yes, because conservatives never opposed liberal ideas before Obama. It has to be the color of his skin that we object to.

Simple minds need easy answers because complex thought is difficult. Thus, for you, racism is the answer to every question.

Monkeytoe on July 29, 2013 at 2:27 PM

If only there was some gulch somewhere…

verbaluce on July 29, 2013 at 2:22 PM

There are, plenty, but we don’t welcome socialist/commie leeches. It’s hard work.

Schadenfreude on July 29, 2013 at 2:27 PM

Monkeytoe on July 29, 2013 at 2:27 PM

None at HA are more racist than the trolls.

Schadenfreude on July 29, 2013 at 2:29 PM

Does anyone else notice that a lot of Obama celebrities are awfully quiet about him these days? Is it that they are waking up or because the box office is so bad or both? The silence is dam-ing.

neyney on July 29, 2013 at 2:29 PM

Take it up with the great Progressive company, Google.

I posted the exact keywords that I used.

Resist We Much on July 29, 2013 at 2:16 PM

Yet, you trust them?
Hmm…

But seriously,
You’re doing the searches wrong. You need to use “quotes”.
‘This’ won’t work.
As in your:

Obama & ‘let me be clear’ = 70,400,000 results

Should be:
Obama & “let me be clear” 2,990,000 results

But either way…still meaningless.
Just sayin’…

verbaluce on July 29, 2013 at 2:32 PM

Verb – you finally found a thread where you can at least get into an argument. Been pretty lean pickings for the Obama lovers lately.

Guess what – it is going to get worse. To think that a political party as dysfunctional as the GOP has actually been able to turn discussions of how the dems win the House to how the GOP wins the Senate in less than 6 months is quite a feat.

More importantly – what all of this is showing is that gov management of the economy by either party is an unmitigated disaster. That is a good thing.

Zomcon JEM on July 29, 2013 at 2:33 PM

None at HA are more racist than the trolls.

Schadenfreude on July 29, 2013 at 2:29 PM

Oh gawd.

verbaluce on July 29, 2013 at 2:33 PM

Monkeytoe on July 29, 2013 at 2:27 PM

You might be interested to know (okay, you won’t be) –
I didn’t bring this up.
I just responded mockingly when it was absurdly brought up.
You’ll have to dig through to see who it is you feel has the simple mind here…needing the easy answers to the complex questions.
But don’t be too hard…some folks just can’t help themselves.

verbaluce on July 29, 2013 at 2:37 PM

“Very few of them, by the way, are lawyers, much less constitutional lawyers.”

Bungled again. There are almost 140 lawyers in the House, and something like 60 in the senate. 40% of the total number of elected representatives dwarfs any other occupation among Congresspersons.

And this, by the way, from a guy who ran for President without ever holding an executive office, and who only served in a national office for like two years prior to starting his presidential campaign; and who also sat a justice on the Supreme Court who had never been a judge at any level prior to her nomination.

Funny choice, belittling people on their qualifications based on non-congressional occupation.

It gives you joy and has absolutely zero effect on Obama.

verbaluce on July 29, 2013 at 2:05 PM

Yes, clearly he tunes out his detractors, which explains why he can’t give a speech anywhere without whining about all the things his made-up caricatures of Republicans supposedly say. You know, like how they talk non-stop about him being black, or how they want to build a moat with alligators along the border fence, or how they think winning an election “usurps his authority”, whatever the bjork he meant by that.

And I’m told he doesn’t think that’s a secret.

The Schaef on July 29, 2013 at 2:37 PM

There are, plenty, but we don’t welcome socialist/commie leeches. It’s hard work fantasy role-playing.

Schadenfreude on July 29, 2013 at 2:27 PM

Fixed.

verbaluce on July 29, 2013 at 2:39 PM

So Obama and Peggy Noonan both underwent the same transformation in 2008?

WryTrvllr on July 29, 2013 at 2:40 PM

I just responded mockingly when it was absurdly brought up.

verbaluce on July 29, 2013 at 2:37 PM

The point, verb, is that the initial premise that everything is race-driven – particularly with respect to Obama – is absurd and simplistic on its face.

Schaden’s point was that, by accusing Obama of racism for speaking to an all-white audience, it highlights the absurdity of criticizing the racial breakdown of a Tea Party gathering, or a Rick Santorum campaign speech.

I didn’t think the irony was subtle enough to require that level of explanation.

The Schaef on July 29, 2013 at 2:42 PM

I don’t recall having ever started listening to His Magniloquence …

stukinIL4now on July 29, 2013 at 2:43 PM

It’s as predictable as the sun rising in the East–every time there is a Noonan link, Schadenfreak and the other TruCons slam her, implying that no one should pay attention to anything she says. Even the most damning criticism of Obama.

What does this contribute to the discussion?

Would you prefer that she still be out there singing the praises of The One like most in the media?

Or has it ever occurred to you geniuses that perhaps someone who was once a supporter having now seen the light is even more valuable than someone who was a critic from the get-go?

Meredith on July 29, 2013 at 2:43 PM

But either way…still meaningless.
Just sayin’…

verbaluce on July 29, 2013 at 2:32 PM

Not meaningless. I can rattle them off so easily because he uses them over and over again.

He’s been saying the same shit for years, which just proves how incompetent and ineffective he is.

Resist We Much on July 29, 2013 at 2:45 PM

Noonan: Obama is at the “point where the American people stop listening”

LOL. Americans stopped listening to this dumbsh!t back in the 2008 campaign – certainly after that pathetic race-baiting speech. Anyone with a brain certainly never took anything this 84 IQ Indonesian retard said seriously after his attempt to show his great knowledge by talking about the ridiculous, nonsensical “profit AND earnings ratios”.

Only Noonan and idiots like her continued to listen to this America-hating moron. Everyone else already knew he was a dumbsh!t who didn’t know jack about anything – not even if he was speaking in Austrian about the Maldives.

ThePrimordialOrderedPair on July 29, 2013 at 2:47 PM

This would be the Peggy Noonan who predicted the big Romney victory?

LOLZ

“Voting’s the best revenge”—revenge against who, and for what? This is not a man who feels himself on the verge of a grand victory… I suspect both Romney and Obama have a sense of what’s coming, and it’s part of why Romney looks so peaceful and Obama so roiled.”

While everyone is looking at the polls and the storm, Romney’s slipping into the presidency. He’s quietly rising, and he’s been rising for a while.

She has the same “wisdom” I read on this web-site. (that was sarcasm).

inklake on July 29, 2013 at 2:51 PM

I just responded mockingly when it was absurdly brought up.
But don’t be too hard…some folks just can’t help themselves.

verbaluce on July 29, 2013 at 2:37 PM

No, I know exactly what the point was. Someone mentioned that Obama set race relations back. I think an argument can certainly be made for that. Why is he opining on Zimmerman? Why did he get involved in the black Harvard professor case? Why is everyone around Obama accusing anyone who disagrees with him of racism.

You responded by implying it was solely racism that caused opposition to Obama.

You are an idiot and a simple mind, as my original comment suggested.

Monkeytoe on July 29, 2013 at 2:54 PM