Open thread: Don’t try to rob a gun store with a baseball bat

posted at 2:01 pm on July 28, 2013 by Jazz Shaw

I’m sure you all have plenty to chat about on a lazy, summer Sunday afternoon, but here’s a bit of a palate cleanser to get you started. Derrick Mosley, of Beaverton, Oregon, came up with his own, unique version of “gun control” recently. He decided that he was going to set himself up to exercise his Second Amendment rights, but chose a rather poor method to equip for same.

Sheriff’s deputies say Mosley walked into Discount Gun Sales on Southwest Beaverton-Hillsdale Highway around 4 p.m. Thursday with a bat in hand and smashed a display case.

But they say when Mosley tried to steal a gun, the store manager simply pulled out his own personal firearm and pointed it straight at the would-be-robber. The manager then yelled some orders at the guy and got him to drop the baseball bat, the gun he had tried to take and a nine-inch long knife he had on him.

The following photo of the suspect and the damage at the crime scene was provided by Derrick Mosley of KATU in Beaverton.

GunStoreRobbery

The fact that this never works – as further backed up by this story from Florida – doesn’t seem to deter some people. It’s a gun store. It’s pretty much a given that the owners and the people who work there aren’t weak-kneed pacifists and that they’ve all got (duh) guns. I mean, even the guy who tried to rob a donut shop with a power drill at least stood a somewhat better chance than this rocket scientist.

I could cover stupid criminal stories all the live long day since it’s one of my favorite genres. But this is also your open thread, so I’ll let you take it away. What’s on your mind today?

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2

Ya know one thing about the whole Zimmerman mess that really highlights the difference between the left and the right in this country. Zimmerman is a Democrat, an Obama voter and supporter. That alone would be cause enough for me not to like him. I doubt that we would ever be friends. Yet those on his own side of the political fence demonize him and we on the conservative side defend him. Not because of any political ideology just facts and plain old right and wrong. Zimmerman was in the right. It can be argued back and forth coulda woulda shoulda all night but at the end the fact still remains that Zimmerman did not do one thing illegal and Martin did. What the left fails to see is that in this case we on the right are giving life to Martin Luther King’s dream. We have judged each of those men by their character and not the color of their skin. They just don’t like what we see in Trayvon’s character.

Oldnuke on July 28, 2013 at 4:22 PM

True: I found a Browning .22 Buck Mark pistol in my garage yesterday, in its case, and have no idea where it came from.

Maybe this is the beginning of some new reality?

Akzed on July 28, 2013 at 4:18 PM

Lucky you! I’ve got a Buck Mark and I love it. It’s a tack driver. I wouldn’t trade that gun for love nor money. One minor problem with it though is that after a couple hundred rounds through it at the range the allen screw that holds the sight in place will loosen up and back out. Not a real problem and can be solved in several ways. I just chose to keep the allen wrench that came with it handy.

Oldnuke on July 28, 2013 at 4:26 PM

Oldnuke on July 28, 2013 at 4:22 PM

Zimmerman can’t be too much in the tank for Obama. After all, he not only owns guns but has gone to the trouble to legally carry concealed. I can give him partial credit, were we to just talk about political parties.

Saint Trayvon gets nothing from me.

Liam on July 28, 2013 at 4:27 PM

Happy Nomad on July 28, 2013 at 4:21 PM

I just googled “trayvon revenge crime” and this site popped up first:

Violence Against Whites

novaculus on July 28, 2013 at 4:30 PM

Wile E. Coyote, Super genius.

BallisticBob on July 28, 2013 at 4:30 PM

Liam on July 28, 2013 at 4:27 PM

Given all that’s happened to him Zimmerman may be beginning to see a little light dawning. Too bad it takes something like this to get your eyes open. I’m with you Trayvon was a thug on the fast track to bigger and better crimes.

Oldnuke on July 28, 2013 at 4:34 PM

sorry i went off to the local gun shop with the hubby he needs a new SEAR SPring for his 1911 yeah i saw the revenge for trayvon crime article earlier and yeah i know about the Zebra killings. still doesnt make it any less scary to be a petite little white lady driving home through a bad neighborhood late at night after school with all the open season on whitey talk going on around here. thankfully i am well known in my little strip of the woods and most folks around here like me. doesnt mean im not scared to death a couple times a week on my way home from school at night

katee bayer on July 28, 2013 at 4:35 PM

Jazz – you need to find something else to do…..go be a 7-11 clerk, or become a janitor…..

Because – you’re Wasting A Lot Of People’s Time Besides Your Own, Here…….

So somewhere else and waste your life and time away not adding value to anything……….

williamg on July 28, 2013 at 4:39 PM

I have it on good authority that he’s scum, though.

rogerb on July 28, 2013 at 3:57 PM

Yeah I seem to recall quite a few of our left leaning posters that felt that same way. Calling Zimmerman names while praying at the shrine of St. Trayvon.

Oldnuke on July 28, 2013 at 4:42 PM

williamg on July 28, 2013 at 4:39 PM

Speaking of wasting time and not adding value how’re you doing today?

Oldnuke on July 28, 2013 at 4:43 PM

katee bayer on July 28, 2013 at 4:35 PM

If you can’t get the gun now can you get mace/pepper spray or a stun gun? Better than an empty hand. A big metal flashlight can be useful, in more ways than one. I have been known to have a very large wrench or two in my car. Or a 24″ prybar with a good handle.

novaculus on July 28, 2013 at 4:43 PM

williamg on July 28, 2013 at 4:39 PM

get over yourself. just because you found nothing of interest in this or in the commentary doesn’t give you the right to be an arsehat to Jazz. its an open thread which basically means we get to talk about whatever the heck we want. you dont like Jazz ? fine don’t read his threads otherwise Sit down and Shut the Heck Up.

katee bayer on July 28, 2013 at 4:44 PM

katee bayer on July 28, 2013 at 4:44 PM

I disagree katee. He has every right to be an arsehat and he’s doing a damned fine job of it.

Oldnuke on July 28, 2013 at 4:46 PM

we wont have the money for a CCW till january. but i currently have in my truck a really heavy metal flashlight wedged between the seats for easy access i am also smart enough to never roll down my windows and i wont pull over for a cop unless i am in a well lit parking lot that i know has security cameras. i know my rights and i know how to be carefull. still scares the hell out of me sometimes when im driving home at 11 at night and see unfamiliar folks standing around on street corners where i have to stop for a traffic light.

katee bayer on July 28, 2013 at 4:47 PM

Oldnuke on July 28, 2013 at 4:46 PM

He’s just brushing up on his diplomatic skills.

novaculus on July 28, 2013 at 4:47 PM

we wont have the money for a CCW till january.

katee bayer on July 28, 2013 at 4:47 PM

Where do you live and how much does it cost to get a CCW? In Virginia it’s $50 plus whatever the training costs. If, like me, you have a DD 214 or military ID there’s no training required.

Oldnuke on July 28, 2013 at 4:50 PM

true he has the right to be an arsehat but that doesn’t mean he SHOULD be. there is such a thing called manners and it is obvious to me he or she does not have any. i remember teaching my kids if you have nothing nice to say don’t say anything at all and while i sometimes get aggravated enough to say things i shouldn’t i do try to mind my manners. some people just need a swift kick in the behinds. and it strikes me that people that spew such vitriol in public forums must lead very lonely lives seeing as how i wouldn’t want to be friends with someone like that and i think a lot of others would feel the same way.

katee bayer on July 28, 2013 at 4:50 PM

FL its 50 for the class and another 120 for the liscense

katee bayer on July 28, 2013 at 4:51 PM

katee bayer on July 28, 2013 at 4:50 PM

Exactly! You’ll never change them or alter their opinion. I choose not to lecture them only to ridicule them or ignore them completely. Ignoring completely actually works best but I sometimes have a hard time doing that :-)

Oldnuke on July 28, 2013 at 4:53 PM

Wile E. Coyote, Super genius.

BallisticBob on July 28, 2013 at 4:30 PM:

Stupid liberal logic dictates that a store that sells guns has NO NEED for guns to protect the owner, salesman and stock of weaponry.

Until, lo and behold. The owner draws down on a customer with bad intentions and a baseball bat.

You see, stupid liberal. Guns always win!

Jack Deth on July 28, 2013 at 4:55 PM

katee bayer on July 28, 2013 at 4:47 PM

Good. I was going to recommend one with 5-6 C cells (easier to handle than the bigger D-cell models) but if you have one that is good. A useful technique is to grasp it so the light is at the pinkie end of your hand and the batteries are extending out between your thumb and index finger. In use, rest the batteries on your shoulder with the light pointing forward. That way you are in a striking position.

High power, as in very bright tactical flashlights are very effective defensively as well. 600 lumens will so dazzle the eyes that there will be a seconds long delay before useful vision returns. At close quarters, seconds count.

novaculus on July 28, 2013 at 4:57 PM

williamg on July 28, 2013 at 4:39 PM

Man, what a jerk you are…

OmahaConservative on July 28, 2013 at 4:57 PM

I have it on good authority that he’s scum, though.

rogerb on July 28, 2013 at 3:57 PM

It would seem that ‘righty’ doesn’t like seeing its own words reposted…though how s/he/it arrives at the conclusion that quoting someone amounts to an ‘ad hominem’ is a mystery. (I wonder if s/he/it would feel the same if you had complimented it on the “brilliance” of its post?)

Solaratov on July 28, 2013 at 4:59 PM

FL its 50 for the class and another 120 for the liscense

katee bayer on July 28, 2013 at 4:51 PM

Seems to be about the same as for here just the amounts reversed. Personally I think it’s a crock even having to get a license to carry. I don’t mind the training requirement too much. I think everyone should have some training in firearms but a license to do something guaranteed by the Constitution? C’mon. On the bright side you can open carry in Virginia. No license required. It was sort of a conundrum a couple of years ago. Couldn’t carry concealed anywhere alcohol was served but open carry was Ok. Law changed recently though to allow CC in places that serve alcohol.

Oldnuke on July 28, 2013 at 4:59 PM

katee bayer on July 28, 2013 at 4:50 PM

The real trolls we suffer are the worst examples of what mention. They come in here only to disrupt what is otherwise a good time. They must be hell to live with in their lives outside of here.

Only on occasion will I blast them back, for they’re not right in the head. They hate us, yet come here anyway. I don’t know if it’s inherent masochism or what.

Then, after making a point that’s been debunked a hundred times before, they post the same thing again!

Far as I’m concerned, liberals and especially our trolls are each a one-man circle jerk.

Liam on July 28, 2013 at 5:00 PM

novaculus on July 28, 2013 at 4:57 PM

yeah its one of the big maglite ones with the D cells a nice pretty blue too lol. my husband is very worried for my safety so he made sure it is engrained in my head to carry my keys with the pointy end between my fingers to strike at the eyes etc. im only 5’2 and 130 lbs so according to him i make an attractive target. little do they know he has made sure i can defend myself enough to atleast make a run for safety….. solar plexus instep knee groin lol

katee bayer on July 28, 2013 at 5:01 PM

You see, stupid liberal. Guns always win!

Jack Deth on July 28, 2013 at 4:55 PM

Gun-grabbing liberals will tell you that the shop owner had an ‘unfair advantage’ over the criminal with the baseball bat and knife.

Maybe the owner should have suffered a concussion before drawing his gun. That way, he’d have been ‘somewhat justified’ to liberals.

Liam on July 28, 2013 at 5:03 PM

Because – you’re Wasting A Lot Of People’s Time Besides Your Own, Here…….

williamg on July 28, 2013 at 4:39 PM

Didn’t you say last night that your medications had been adjusted and were working well?

You might want to have that checked out.

Solaratov on July 28, 2013 at 5:09 PM

Solaratov on July 28, 2013 at 5:09 PM

Medication, you said?

Liam on July 28, 2013 at 5:18 PM

Solaratov on July 28, 2013 at 5:09 PM

What’s the scoop on that guy anyway? I remember seeing him post before but honestly can’t remember much about him. Is he just a regular joe maybe having an off day or is he really a jerk?

Oldnuke on July 28, 2013 at 5:19 PM

Medication, you said?

Liam on July 28, 2013 at 5:18 PM

Ok, fair is fair. Now you owe me a monitor cleaning.

Oldnuke on July 28, 2013 at 5:20 PM

Oldnuke on July 28, 2013 at 5:19 PM

i have only seen him post vitriolic crap personally. but maybe he posts on other threads that i have skimmed over i cant say for sure just that from what i can tell he or she is always mean

katee bayer on July 28, 2013 at 5:22 PM

Oldnuke on July 28, 2013 at 5:19 PM

He’s usually here on QOTD. I once pissed him off without intending by comparing Sheldon Cooper from Big Bang Theory to our trolls and other liberals. It was a brief thing, since it’s just a silly TV show and the matter dropped instantly. Otherwise, williamg seems basically a stand-up guy with good Conservative values. He’s no troll far as I have seen.

For whatever that might worth to folks, of course.

Liam on July 28, 2013 at 5:23 PM

In the same vein, Liam, this one’s just for you :-) And no that’s not me..I’ve got better hair and more of it.

Oldnuke on July 28, 2013 at 5:24 PM

katee bayer on July 28, 2013 at 5:01 PM

heh. That’s my flashlight too, right down to the blue color, which helps it to blend with my car’s interior. OK, I’m satisfied you are taking reasonable precautions. One last thought: Keep a tactical mindset. Don’t allow yourself to be distracted. If something doesn’t feel right, it probably isn’t. It’s usually better to act than be forced to react.

novaculus on July 28, 2013 at 5:25 PM

Liam on July 28, 2013 at 5:18 PM

Now that was hi-larious. Downloaded to the image file for future use.

novaculus on July 28, 2013 at 5:27 PM

novaculus on July 28, 2013 at 5:25 PM

yes sir! lol i have to be careful i got too many kids at home and a hubby who needs me too much. besides if i get hurt my hubby would be ticked if it came down to my haveing been stupid about something lol. we have a very equitable relationship. i dont tell him no unless it has something to do with the kids , i take care of the house and he pays all the bills and i get to do what i want with my time as long as i make sure the family is right and tight lmao

katee bayer on July 28, 2013 at 5:29 PM

Now that was hi-larious. Downloaded to the image file for future use.

novaculus on July 28, 2013 at 5:27 PM

I love that pic, and have been dying to use it for months.

Off to clean Oldnuke’s monitor…

Liam on July 28, 2013 at 5:29 PM

williamg on July 28, 2013 at 4:39 PM

You seemed to be in a good mood last night, williamg. I’m getting the feeling something much bigger than Jazz is bugging you.

FWIW, I was harshly critical of one of Jazz’s efforts early on. Since then I’ve seen more of his work and had a few interactions with him on Twitter. He seems like a genuinely good guy, and certainly didn’t deserve words that harsh on a public forum.

novaculus on July 28, 2013 at 5:36 PM

Not trying to butt in here, however, one thing to consider. There are commenters here at HA who are not capable of the communication skills you and I may take for granted. Some here will never make a comment because of the difficulty the have with these skills. Many seem to just lurk. They are shy given the set of circumstances they have been dealt. Rudeness and abruptness can sometimes be the result of these circumstances. Folks, I am bad to let everyone manage their own relationships with one another at HA. I ask that for myself from all of you. Just thought you may like to consider. Not all here are cut from the same mold. It doesn’t make them bad people, just harder to understand and communicate with. My 2 cents.

Bmore on July 28, 2013 at 5:44 PM

And if Obama had a son he would look like derrick mosley….

crosshugger on July 28, 2013 at 5:47 PM

there is such a thing called manners and it is obvious to me he or she does not have any. i remember teaching my kids if you have nothing nice to say don’t say anything at all….

katee bayer on July 28, 2013 at 4:50 PM

God BLESS you!

It’s people with attitudes like that who have helped people like Obama GET into power and people like John McCain STAY in power – to support his “Power-Wife”, Obama!

Good-mannered people. Yep! They’re the SAME people who Ordered Sarah Palin to NOT TALK about Rev. Wright or Obama’s Terrorist Connection, Bill Ayers – or any one of a Dozen OTHER Evil Things he did and said during the 2008 Election because, Sarah was told – if she DID – “THE MEDIA WILL EAT US ALIVE!!”….AND, it’s “bad manners to talk about that….”

Classic Establishment Republican – they Plot Their Subtrefuge and Obfuscation in line with The Mainstream Media’s Wishes.

That’s what Jazz and allahpundit and, for the most part – Ed are: Establishment Republicans. Translation: Democrats.

During The Bush years – Jazz and ap were always here, helping The Enemy Demonize Out Cause by Demonizing The Person That The LEFT had chosen as “the face” of Conservatives: Goerge W. mmmBOOOOOOOOOOOOOOSH!! Alinsky taught them well – look it up.

They’d be here bellowing their “I HAAATE mmmBOOOOOOOOOOOOSH!!” diatribes – and the Left would use those diatribes to put bullets into our cause,

Today – Obama has been running around – AFTER he unleashed a Phalanx of Scandals to “distract” Americans from the fact that he’s RUINING our Economy and MURDERING Americans in places like Benghazi – telling America that he should not listen to the Conservatives chittering about their “Phony Scandals”.

Ask the two dead Americans who were killed by Obama in “fast and furious” how “phony” it was…….ask the four dead Americans who were murdered with the complicit non-participation by Obama how “phony” it was.

We ought to be deconstructing their lies.

Instead Jazz posts this – which is typical for him.

Obama is setting The Torch to Dettoit and he shows up to squeal “Squirrel!!” and point.

No apolozies forthcoming here. I have the right to say what I said, and it wasn’t “vitriol”…….go to Daily Kos if you need a reminder of what “vitriol” looks like……it was also The Right Thing To Say……..

I just get sick of our side – not HELPING our side…..and I get to talk about it here…..if you don’t like it” “Tough Toenails!!”

williamg on July 28, 2013 at 5:47 PM

katee bayer on July 28, 2013 at 5:29 PM

Interesting that you mention your obligations. I think self-defense is not just a right, it is a duty. That duty is more apparent if you have dependents, but I think it is a duty regardless.

novaculus on July 28, 2013 at 5:50 PM

williamg on July 28, 2013 at 4:39 PM

I was Bro’ – and still am!

No – it was just Jazz. No one can trigger my “exasperation response” quicker and more profoundly than Jazz or ap……

S’Okay…..it has passed, now….

williamg on July 28, 2013 at 5:50 PM

williamg on July 28, 2013 at 5:47 PM

It would be a kick to watch you light off on a troll or two like that. You’d send them off to cry in their $10 lattes at the nearest coffee house.

Liam on July 28, 2013 at 5:54 PM

williamg on July 28, 2013 at 5:47 PM

wow. just wow.

Bmore on July 28, 2013 at 5:44 PM

????

novaculus on July 28, 2013 at 5:54 PM

williamg on July 28, 2013 at 5:50 PM

If you’re in a good mood I don’t think I want to see what happens when you’re in a bad mood.

novaculus on July 28, 2013 at 5:56 PM

williamg on July 28, 2013 at 5:47 PM

first of all manners had nothing to do with Sarah Palin being told not to talk about Ayers et al. scared of the backlash politicians did that. there is a perfectly fine way to talk about ALL of the issues you just raised while STILL maintaining your manners. Manners simply mean that you “don’t go out of your way to be nasty” manners mean being polite. i can have a polite discussion with anyone about ANY topic including the Rev. Wright, Obama or abortion or any of the other hot topic buttons you care to fire off it does not mean what you think it does. Telling someone they are a waste of time or a waste of space is flat out RUDE and lacking in manners for example you could have chosen to say ” While i am sure this topic seemed important to you Jazz i found it to be a waste of my time and would appreciate it if you refrained from posting this style of message in the future” THAT would have said basically the same darn thing you did WITHOUT being an unmannerly boor. i don’t need or want an apology from someone who apparently does not have the good grace to at least be polite in a PUBLIC forum because to me it means that regardless of what you might say in an apology it would mean absolutely nothing and therefore would be no apology at all. so as far as i’m concerned you still have no manners whatsoever and your last point proved the case in point. considering i am VERY staunchly conservative and have been posting here for quite some time, enough for a lot of the regulars to at least know who i am and understand that i am sincere and polite to everyone even though i don’t necessarily agree with them. you however CHOSE to behave like an arsehat so no you wont get an apology from me either i stand by my opinion which you have just confirmed.

katee bayer on July 28, 2013 at 5:57 PM

novaculus on July 28, 2013 at 5:56 PM

I do long as he aims it at our trolls, who really have it coming. They’d be so butt-hurt they couldn’t sit down for a week. LOL

Liam on July 28, 2013 at 5:58 PM

Oldnuke on July 28, 2013 at 4:22 PM

You are entirely right.

RebeccaH on July 28, 2013 at 6:01 PM

????

novaculus on July 28, 2013 at 5:54 PM

What!?!? Lol! Without getting into my better halfs area of expertise. Lets just say,………………I don’t like using the clinical terms on this…………….folks have different personalities. The mind is a wild place.

I could I suppose give you what I consider an excellent illustrative story of a dear friend of mine at this point. The most intellectual Mesa I ever knew. I won’t. It would make me sad. I don’t want to be sad.

williamg is a fine fellow. williamg, pretend you didn’t here me say that. ; )

Bmore on July 28, 2013 at 6:02 PM

Mensa, obviously not me Lol!

Bmore on July 28, 2013 at 6:06 PM

Bmore on July 28, 2013 at 6:02 PM

FWIW, I’ve been afflicted with a serious personality disorder for most of my life. There are no medications, and the symptoms are easily confused with being a garden variety a-hole. I can be obnoxious and offensive, and not only do I not mean to be, I don’t even realize that I am. Unless someone gets disgusted enough with me to call me out, or I realize later how it went down. So I’m not without sympathy, but we are all responsible for ourselves, even if some of our tools are broken.

novaculus on July 28, 2013 at 6:10 PM

Bmore on July 28, 2013 at 6:02 PM

You are a good man, Bmore.

Is it cherry or peach today?

Barred on July 28, 2013 at 6:10 PM

Last piece of cherry, just finished, peach!!!! ; ) Yum!

Bmore on July 28, 2013 at 6:12 PM

novaculus on July 28, 2013 at 5:50 PM

first i apologize to you all for apparently sending WilliamG into an uncontrolled fit of whatever the heck that was. i do believe my point is still valid though now onto the next topic. Yes i consider it an obligation it could also be considered a duty. i Chose to have Children and to be married therefore my choice carries with it an obligation to be the best wife and mother i know how to be and since i was raised in a traditional Sicilian household that should tell you the kind of things i consider obligatory when dealing with my family. My husband is the BOSS end of discussion …..unless it has to do with something the pertains to the children at which point MY word is final. I have been a stay at home wife and mother for ten years and have raised 5 wonderful little boys who so far to date have never received so much as a detention in school and have always maintained honor roll at school. i consider it my duty / obligation to raise my children to be polite and considerate and constructive members of society. i also consider it a privileged and an honor. and i will defend my boys to the death , i would literally walk through fire for my children and i have deep profound sympathy for those children out there whos parents do not feel the same which is why i almost always have an extra child or two sleeping in my home as all those who know my kids know i keep an open door policy and will take care of any child who comes through my door to the best of my ability. i guess i was just raised right lol

katee bayer on July 28, 2013 at 6:12 PM

novaculus on July 28, 2013 at 6:10 PM

Say novaculus, did you ever get to go see that pretty little filly with the guitar play?

Bmore on July 28, 2013 at 6:15 PM

Bmore on July 28, 2013 at 5:44 PM

I see it like those silly family squabbles we all have had at one time or another. They happen. In the end it doesn’t mean much. We’re all still on the same side.

Group hug?

lynncgb on July 28, 2013 at 6:20 PM

Telling someone they are a waste of time or a waste of space is flat out RUDE and lacking in manners for example you could have chosen to say ” While i am sure this topic seemed important to you Jazz i found it to be a waste of my time and would appreciate it if you refrained from posting this style of message in the future” THAT would have said basically the same darn thing you did WITHOUT being an unmannerly boor. ……..you however CHOSE to behave like an arsehat so no you wont get an apology from me either i stand by my opinion which you have just confirmed.

katee bayer on July 28, 2013 at 5:57 PM

Whatever you say, “Miss Manners”……

You wag your finger at me for being “rude” – while justifying that calling me an “unmannerly boor” and an “arsehat” in response to a comment that I made to Jazz and NOT you, is perfectly FINE…..riiiiiight…

Contradict yourself……..MUCH?

Jazz can take the honest criticism – he’s a big boy….at least, he’s a well-paid one….

Never said that you weren’t conservative….though it IS usually Liberals who like to tell people what they “should” and “shouldn’t” do according to their ever-shifting internal moral finger-pointing devices……..

Please……don’t “should” (or “could”) on me……

Calm down – and fight the enemy – Obama……

No hard feelings…..

Take Care.

williamg on July 28, 2013 at 6:23 PM

lynncgb on July 28, 2013 at 6:20 PM

Sure, you don’t have a cold do you? I have to disclose at this point, I’m somewhat of a germaphobe. Lol! { } ; )

Bmore on July 28, 2013 at 6:23 PM

williamg on July 28, 2013 at 6:23 PM

Rudeness is a serious pet peeve of mind and i do admit frequently even here on HA that i suffer from OCD and i should not have called you an arsehat even though i do think you were extremely rude to Jazz. Now you have the nerve to take me to task for saying you are rude and unmannerly after posting that i am the people like me are the reason we are suffering under Obama?! i will apologize sincerely foor calling you an arsehat it was inappropriate and i extend that apology to everyone who read the post i do not however apologize for calling you rude especially when knowing nothing at all about me you assumed i was the reason the country is going to crap. there are no hard feelings but i wont forget the comments and im probably going to be disinclined to take anything you write seriously ever again.

katee bayer on July 28, 2013 at 6:29 PM

Bmore on July 28, 2013 at 6:15 PM

No, it just wasn’t practical. Too far away. I would have been gone two days and would have had to arrange for someone to help my mom while I was out of town. Someday, maybe, she will come to Chicago. In the meantime, there is always youtube.

Ana Vidovic/Altiplanos

novaculus on July 28, 2013 at 6:29 PM

Barred, if you’re still around, since the thread is open, forgive if I have asked this before. Is Barred for feathers, cells or…………….

Bmore on July 28, 2013 at 6:30 PM

novaculus on July 28, 2013 at 6:29 PM

Bummer, she’s a very talented young lady. Speaking of YouTube, I have been watching this today. Belew. I find it fascinating. As you may remember he has been a long time fav of mine. ; )

Bmore on July 28, 2013 at 6:33 PM

Bmore on July 28, 2013 at 6:23 PM

Lol. No. Germ free! {}

lynncgb on July 28, 2013 at 6:33 PM

Bmore on July 28, 2013 at 6:30 PM

Nothing that exotic.

First three letters in my name and red for Republican.

Barred on July 28, 2013 at 6:33 PM

Started using it on another site that I had a hard time finding a name not used and just continued to use it.

Barred on July 28, 2013 at 6:35 PM

Good night to all of you i wish you all sweet dreams with angels on your pillows. Dinner is done so it is now time for me to log off and feed the little trolls then do bath time and all the other stuff that comes with having youngsters.

katee bayer on July 28, 2013 at 6:35 PM

Barred on July 28, 2013 at 6:35 PM

Ah. Change it to red for Conservative and its perfect. Lol! ; ) R’s worry me.

Bmore on July 28, 2013 at 6:36 PM

i guess i was just raised right lol

katee bayer on July 28, 2013 at 6:12 PM

No guessing about it. Have a good evening, and keep an eye on your 6 o’clock.

novaculus on July 28, 2013 at 6:38 PM

Bmore on July 28, 2013 at 6:33 PM

Interesting. I’ll have to make some time for that later.

Time for dinner.bbl

novaculus on July 28, 2013 at 6:42 PM

I am having BLT’s with vine ripened ‘black heirloom’ tomatoes, romaine lettuce, Hellman’s/Best Foods mayo on fresh baked homemade bread toast for dinner. Bacon just came out of the oven and the house smells wonderful…

OmahaConservative on July 28, 2013 at 6:42 PM

Was pretty much just a Republican by family, not all that much knowing any difference.

Once I started reading MM and coming to Hotair, I know better.

Will consider the red to be conservative now.

Barred on July 28, 2013 at 6:43 PM

“Tough Toenails!!”

williamg on July 28, 2013 at 5:47 PM

Careful, guys. He said “Tough Toenails.” He means business.

CurtZHP on July 28, 2013 at 6:46 PM

Lol. No. Germ free! {}

lynncgb on July 28, 2013 at 6:33 PM

See, right there. I love that! A nice tight squeeze of a hug. I’ve always thought when you hug some one, hug em, squeeze tight! Like its the last. Otherwise just shake hands. ; ) Random observation, its one of the things that makes this type of communication tougher. Nuance.

Bmore on July 28, 2013 at 6:51 PM

novaculus on July 28, 2013 at 6:42 PM

Enjoy. Later. ; )

Bmore on July 28, 2013 at 6:54 PM

Good Night katee bayer .

Bmore on July 28, 2013 at 6:54 PM

OmahaConservative on July 28, 2013 at 6:42 PM

Yum! With that I am off as well. ; )

Bmore on July 28, 2013 at 6:55 PM

OmahaConservative on July 28, 2013 at 6:42 PM

Yum! With that I am off as well. ; )

Bmore on July 28, 2013 at 6:55 PM

The BLT’s were awesome, just like grandma’s used to be…

OmahaConservative on July 28, 2013 at 7:42 PM

Garden and Gun magazine has a great recipe for raspberry pie in their most recent issue. My son made it last week and it came out just like the picture on the cover. Scrumptious.

lynncgb on July 28, 2013 at 9:06 PM

katee bayer on July 28, 2013 at 2:56 PM

Props.

I have a brother who shoots rifle, shotgun and pistol. My dad was once state champion trapshooter in the handicapped division (handicapped not meaning he was blind, but he shot several yards behind the pad, requiring far faster reflexes).

My dad and my brother go crow shooting. They have this game. They shoot crows out of the sky so the bodies fall on the other guy. I. Am. Not. Sh*tting. You.

My brother shoots in tourneys around the country. He shot against L.A. and N.H. SWAT teams, and two Navy SEALS.

Do you have any idea what it means to be the brother of a guy whose target scores push a Navy SEAL’S into the dirt?

Wyatt F*cking Earp.

thejackal on July 28, 2013 at 9:17 PM

williamg on July 28, 2013 at 6:23 PM

katee bayer on July 28, 2013 at 6:29 PM

No worries, Katee…….we all suffer from our own internal demons…..that drive us to react to the flashes of light that is life in accordance with the way that the twisted wiring in our brains filters it……..

You don’t owe me or anyone else an apology……for anything…..

I certainly wouldn’t apologize for my behavior for me – that creates a couple of perception issues:

1. Since someone is apologizing for someone else’s behavior……no one knows whether the person who engaged in the behavior is actually sorry for what they did……this can confuse and disorient the audience…

2. If you start apologizing for My character defects – it could be weeks or even months before you get through list……my character defects are never-ending….

Finally – don’t worry about not taking my posts seriously ever again……I would recommend pretty much starting with that position……you should Never take me “seriously” in any case…..

Thank God there are good people like you trying to stop the madness in this political administration….it’s gonna take everything we got…….You’re a good person.

Take care……..

williamg on July 28, 2013 at 9:22 PM

Careful, guys. He said “Tough Toenails.” He means business.

CurtZHP on July 28, 2013 at 6:46 PM

Yup……that’s how you can tell!…….

williamg on July 28, 2013 at 9:23 PM

thejackal on July 28, 2013 at 9:17 PM

I think that’s what those “Duck Dynasty” guys do to each other, shooting at ducks.

listens2glenn on July 28, 2013 at 9:29 PM

williamg on July 28, 2013 at 6:23 PM

katee bayer on July 28, 2013 at 6:29 PM

We’ll try to think of some “pennance” by which you can relief your guilt.

By any chance, are you “on the spectrum” (autism)?
That’s the first thing I think, when hearing “OCD”.

My family’s full of it, and I’m one of the worst.

listens2glenn on July 28, 2013 at 9:36 PM

Solaratov on July 28, 2013 at 5:09 PM

Medication, you said?

Liam on July 28, 2013 at 5:18 PM

Yeah………”that” medication……

williamg on July 28, 2013 at 10:40 PM

(We’re on what, four “that particular one” links now?)

rogerb on July 28, 2013 at 3:45 PM

Shouldn’t I be getting some kind of royalty checks for these reruns?……

dentarthurdent on July 28, 2013 at 11:12 PM

Wyatt F*cking Earp.

thejackal on July 28, 2013 at 9:17 PM

A friend of mine was a security officer at the plant where I retired from. He was an ex Navy SEAL, Vietnam Vet type. The other guys on his shift routinely ribbed him on his range scores. He was close to the bottom of his shift. He just smiled and told them that when he was operating he always carried enough ammunition that he didn’t have to be a good shot. He could just throw lead until he hit something.

Oldnuke on July 28, 2013 at 11:15 PM

Of course you can never have too many guns.

Oldnuke on July 28, 2013 at 3:48 PM

Aint that the truth….
Just spent the day at our county range with the wife and oldest son – and just a mere 7 of our guns between us.
Good times!!

dentarthurdent on July 28, 2013 at 11:15 PM

hejackal on July 28, 2013 at 9:17 PM

Oldnuke on July 28, 2013 at 11:15 PM

Try marrying a girl whose dad is retired military, sniper trained and Vietnam experienced (we believe – he won’t talk much about it), and a competition shooter with cases of trophies…..

dentarthurdent on July 28, 2013 at 11:19 PM

I just started at a gun store.

Yeah…he wouldn’t have fared so well walking though our door.

catmman on July 28, 2013 at 11:20 PM

Aint that the truth….
Good times!!

dentarthurdent on July 28, 2013 at 11:15 PM

Heh, I just spent a few hours polishing various scratches dings and a couple of idiot marks off my Colt series 80 :-) Arthritis is gonna mandate that I get some of those protectors to prevent scratches when installing the slide stop. Fingers just won’t cooperate anymore. Growing old is not for the faint of heart.

Oldnuke on July 28, 2013 at 11:22 PM

dentarthurdent on July 28, 2013 at 11:19 PM

Another good friend of mine, rode PBRs back in the day, just told me that his son just got his Barrett .50 cal. He was an outstanding marksman when he was a teenager and is now graduating to long range. I want to get up with him just to see the Barrett.

Oldnuke on July 28, 2013 at 11:28 PM

Growing old is not for the faint of heart.

Oldnuke on July 28, 2013 at 11:22 PM

Very true.
Although experience helps with some things. When my father-in-law (in his early 70s) came out in May for my son’s college graduation, we had a big family day at the range. My father-in-law was shooting an old .38 Special revolver with wad-cutters and my sons were watching and chuckling a bit and commenting that Grandpa was missing the target – until he pointed out that they were looking at the wrong target – he was hitting bull’s eyes at 50 yards – not the 20 yard target the boys were watching.

dentarthurdent on July 28, 2013 at 11:36 PM

dentarthurdent on July 28, 2013 at 11:36 PM

Yeah, it hits us all a little different. One of my retired buds emailed me today complaining about screwing up his knee. He’s early 70s and just spent two weeks in Iowa helping out on the farm. He was baling hay, bucking 80 pound bales up onto the wagon for 12 hours a day. Says he’s gonna take it easy for a couple of weeks to get his knee back in shape.

Oldnuke on July 28, 2013 at 11:49 PM