Zimmerman juror: Let’s face it, he got away with murder

posted at 6:01 pm on July 25, 2013 by Allahpundit

Remember when juror B37 told Anderson Cooper that initially there were three votes for acquittal, two for manslaughter, and one for second-degree murder? Meet the juror who voted for murder.

She wouldn’t/couldn’t convict ultimately but she seems to think the outcome was a moral travesty, yet she also thinks that the trial was a “publicity stunt” by the prosecution and never should have happened. If there’s one thing a raw, divided America needs now to heal after the verdict, it’s … the opposite of this, basically:

“You can’t put the man in jail even though in our hearts we felt he was guilty,” said the woman who was identified only as Juror B29 during the trial. “But we had to grab our hearts and put it aside and look at the evidence.”…

“George Zimmerman got away with murder, but you can’t get away from God. And at the end of the day, he’s going to have a lot of questions and answers he has to deal with,” Maddy said. “[But] the law couldn’t prove it.”…

“That’s where I felt confused, where if a person kills someone, then you get charged for it,” Maddy said. “But as the law was read to me, if you have no proof that he killed him intentionally, you can’t say he’s guilty.”…

She said she believes she owes Trayvon Martin’s parents an apology because she feels “like I let them down.”

“It’s hard for me to sleep, it’s hard for me to eat because I feel I was forcefully included in Trayvon Martin’s death. And as I carry him on my back, I’m hurting as much Trayvon’s Martin’s mother because there’s no way that any mother should feel that pain,” she said.

“In our hearts we felt he was guilty”? Go back and watch B37′s interview, or the local news station’s interview with the alternate juror. They didn’t feel he was guilty. Then again, four of the jurors issued a statement after B37 spoke up to say that she didn’t speak for them, so maybe the “we” here is a reference to those four. I’m curious to hear from them now. How many of the six acquitted him with a clear conscience, a la B37, and how many were convulsed with misgivings like “Maddy”?

Now, explain something to me. If she thought he “got away with murder” but that there wasn’t enough evidence to prove intent, … why didn’t she stand firm on manslaughter? It seems clear to me, even though she’s not quoted by ABC as saying this explicitly, that she thinks this wasn’t legit self-defense. If that’s how she feels, yet she also feels that the prosecution didn’t meet its burden of intent for Murder Two, then Florida’s catch-all homicide category of manslaughter is the obvious fit. She seems to be trying to argue that Zimmerman’s morally culpable even if he’s not legally culpable, but that’s a hard argument to make if you just let a guy go free on the theory that he was protecting himself from death (or great bodily harm) by shooting. If it’s not self-defense, it’s manslaughter. If it’s self-defense, he didn’t “get away with murder” as a moral matter. Which is it?

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3

or

Bmore on July 25, 2013 at 11:53 PM

die

Bmore on July 25, 2013 at 11:53 PM

Coming up on 200 libby.

Bmore on July 25, 2013 at 11:11 PM

I doubted the self-righteous race hustling intellectual coward would show up here after this comment on an unrelated thread.

But lets us both watch as this thread gets no where near the hits as the inevitable thread about the Zimmerman juror who is now going on ABC saying “he got away with murder.”

libfreeordie on July 25, 2013 at 4:12 PM

I guess the race-baiting bigoted troll does not want the capitalists who manage and run HA to exploit him up its hit count.

It is that much of a narcissist, just like his hero, Comrade O.

I doubt it is because the Teflon Troll might be concerned it might get banned. It’s got protection.

But we all know how much he really, really wants to tell us all how racist the criticism of B29 is.

farsighted on July 25, 2013 at 11:59 PM

AP: If it’s not self-defense, it’s manslaughter. If it’s self-defense, he didn’t “get away with murder” as a moral matter. Which is it?

It’s called I am to stupid to process the hard logic that is the law.

It’s called I don’t understand what self-defense is.

I only understood it in the jury room where others with a room temperature IQ explained that I can’t just use my emotions and put a guy in jail to please the mother because that is what I would want to happen if one of my 8 kids raised in the Chicago public schools get shot attacking someone.i

More evidence that Republican or ANY outreach is not going to penetrate the cult like thinking about Whites, Republicans and race solidarity in the black community. If jury selection would have gone differently she would have convicted him of SECOND degree murder with hateful intent. THAT WAS her understanding on the first vote!!!!

Conan on July 26, 2013 at 12:03 AM

Yes, it is a tragedy that you need evidence to convict a man of murder.

If she wanted a manslaughter charge she could have made that stick. It might have even been reasonable. First degree murder? Certain not. It was not premeditated murder. Second degree murder? You can’t show there was actual intent to kill. Manslaughter?… Maybe.

But that’s it.

Its sad what happened to this kid. But the kid was a punk. Everyone knows it. He went to a neighborhood he didn’t live in, started kicking rocks around, the neighborhood watch followed him around… and what did Travon do?… Oh, he laid an ambush for the watch and then possibly tried to beat George to death. At the very least that was assault on Travon’s part. And what was George to do at that point? He couldn’t run away once Travon was on top of him. So… pop pop… cry cry. End of story.

Moral of the story? Don’t ambush people.

Karmashock on July 26, 2013 at 12:03 AM

Just another comment “hit”, to be spiteful to libfree’ … no biggie . . . . . . . . . . . . .
. . . . . . oh, and also “NO HE DIDN’T, MADDY !”

listens2glenn on July 26, 2013 at 12:05 AM

I’ll refrain from further comment until Juror B37′s new book “Hatin’ White Hispanics” , er, sponsored by Simon & Schuster and her new TV show “Sticking It To The Man” debuts on PBS before jumping to any conclusions.

/S

viking01 on July 26, 2013 at 12:12 AM

Why in God’s name am I still hearing about this case? She makes herself look like an arse.

shar61 on July 26, 2013 at 12:17 AM

Me thinks the lady is an idiot who did not understand the evidence directly in front of her … or perhaps, she is just another juror in a long line of them throughout history who simply want their 15 minutes of fame and she figures this is the way to do it. I have yet to see a single response from the first Trayvon fan which shows they have a level-headed bone in their bodies. Every response is made on a gut feeling, even when the evidence has proven their gut instincts to be completely wrong. So far, every person who wanted another outcome has completely ignored the trial findings and simply continued with their own bigotry, even after accusing Mr. Zimmerman of such and thinking he should be punished for it! How brain-dead does one have to be to take this position and do so by speaking out loud?

donn1e on July 26, 2013 at 12:21 AM

Why do people refer to Juror B29 as B37 over and over again at HA?

Conan on July 26, 2013 at 12:22 AM

“If there’s one thing a raw, divided America needs now to heal after the verdict, it’s …

I’m not feeling like I live in a divided America. Trayvon Martin should be alive today but he brought this down on himself My condolences go out to the Martin family. But the tough-guy self-image of the young man drove him during this encounter. But the Zimmerman trial is over, with Mr. Zimmerman found not guilty by a jury of his peers and the law.
I don’t have to trouble myself with guilt feelings that the dice came up with a ruling that I agree with. And the George Zimmerman trial was an uphill battle for the defense all the way.
Rioters are rioting not out of any lofty ideals but for profit and a boost of adrenaline. And the Poverty Pimps are just practicing their trade. Undoubtedly tapping communities and organizations for alms.
It is not my fault that people are ignorant of our laws and are ruled by emotions that go unchecked because most of them probably never really had a Dad to break them of their childish ways.
Now Zimmerman was screwed once already. He spent at least 10s of thousands of dollars defending his freedom. A civil trial is going to cost him more tens of thousands of dollars. And I’ll bet dollars to donuts that the Holder’s Feds will try him on spurious charges costing Zimmerman again. The man’s reputation has been besmirched, he’s being impoverished and he fears for his life.
Double jeopary exists in our time even though it is in our Constitution.
George Zimmerman will be martyred to appease the worst and dumbest.
And our president, Attorney General and the Poverty Pimps are greasing the rails for Zimmerman’s symbolic Social Justice railroading.

thegreatbeast on July 26, 2013 at 12:26 AM

donn1e on July 26, 2013 at 12:21 AM

When I saw the election results Nov 2012 I knew that this sort of thinking by B29 was dominant in the country. When they just showed up and voted for Obama who had done noting good and disliked Romney who was about as nice a guy as has run for President on the basis he was the devil, my faith that truth, justice, etc in this country is gone.

Conan on July 26, 2013 at 12:27 AM

Coming up on 200 libby.

Bmore on July 25, 2013 at 11:11 PM

libfreeordie on July 25, 2013 at 4:12 PM

It is that much of a narcissist, just like his hero, Comrade O.

farsighted on July 25, 2013 at 11:59 PM

Put nothing beyond the depravity of either the soul-less gutless troll or his HA mod enablers, apparently the latter don’t believe in equal application of -their own rules.-

ebrown2 on July 26, 2013 at 12:29 AM

Which is it?

Served on a jury once: reasonably intelligent group; fairly simple traffic case.

Some of them still could not process simple logic, or distinguish evidence from emotion.

For some people, the logical sequence “If A is true, then B is true; If B is true, then C is true; A is true, therefore C is true” literally does not compute.

And it’s gotta be hard actually being responsible for a man’s life, rather than just being a reporter (or demagogue) speaking from the heart (and the pocketbook).

AesopFan on July 26, 2013 at 12:31 AM

Why do people refer to Juror B29 as B37 over and over again at HA?

Conan on July 26, 2013 at 12:22 AM

Yikes. I done did dat.

B29 is the bomber juror, indeed.

viking01 on July 26, 2013 at 12:31 AM

AesopFan on July 26, 2013 at 12:31 AM

I’m wondering if the last time I was in a jury pool (a murder case), I was released because they were afraid I was too logical.

On the one hand, of several jurors asked “if you were asked to go vote on guilt or innocence right now, how would you vote?” I was the only one that got it right. Everyone else said they couldn’t vote because they didn’t have enough evidence either way, I said not guilty because the prosecution hadn’t proven anything.

On the other, when they asked if anyone thought that “maybe” the defendant was guilty because he was sitting at the defendant’s table, I raised my hand. As I understand it, the fact that we were at jury selection meant that a prior step in the process determined there was enough evidence to move forward… so “maybe” he was guilty, and that’s why we needed a jury.

malclave on July 26, 2013 at 12:47 AM

malclave on July 26, 2013 at 12:47 AM

“There are 47 percent of the people who will vote for the president to lynch Zimmerman, no matter what…”

Shy Guy on July 26, 2013 at 1:03 AM

As soon as I heard of the jury makeup I predicted acquittal.

No, it was not race.

It was females.

I have taken a punch in the nose to avoid a fight and laughed about it later. A woman would be terrified in Z’s position. If you want to justify force due to being physically weaker, a woman will at least listen.

You will not hear this in the media sine the Dems never like to split their base. And the ubiquitous white racism in America is such a wonderful tool, too.

And this B29? She bombs.

IlikedAUH2O on July 26, 2013 at 1:20 AM

If the thread is about race, I know the race baiter will make a visit.

itsspideyman on July 26, 2013 at 1:29 AM

I think this juror is guilty of getting away with “public character assassination” and even an incitement to murder.

Based on more evidence than her claim that Zimmerman “got away with murder“.

Slander like this is shameful and a form of crypto-lynching.

And could stir up a racist vigilante to exact “justice” [for Trayvon].

profitsbeard on July 26, 2013 at 2:06 AM

“He’s guilty … but … we didn’t have any evidence.”
Huh? She suffers from demtardism.

kregg on July 26, 2013 at 2:07 AM

“the law couldn’t prove it”

So, how can you? You don’t. Telling the media what they want to hear isn’t “proof”. What a scam the liberal media play.

Moesart on July 26, 2013 at 2:09 AM

Bill Whittle’s take is the best one, yet.

listens2glenn on July 26, 2013 at 3:04 AM

She, or someone like her could be on the jury that passes judgment on you. That she was eventually led to the right verdict doesn’t allay the fear that her emotions are her primary ‘thought’ mode.

sharrukin on July 25, 2013 at 7:10 PM

How much does that matter at this point in time, hmm? Think GZ cares that she isn’t a genuius?

For getting the decision right, she deserves a passing grade – while I’m out celebrating this truth, I’ll leave it to others to be upset that she didn’t get an “A+” overall! :)

Anti-Control on July 26, 2013 at 4:41 AM

*genuius

Anti-Control on July 26, 2013 at 4:42 AM

Because she fed into the narrative and the lies the Left is trying to promote and record as the true history of what happened through sheer repetition, as is their wont.

Because she also poured a lot of fuel into a Zimmerman Hate Machine that was slowing down and beginning to sputter. And she poured gasoline right on Sharpton’s simmering black grievance bonfire.

This is not about logic and reason. As AP put it.

farsighted on July 25, 2013 at 7:21 PM

To me, here you sound like a leftist who’s rationalizing your displeasure & focusing on imperfections in the world rather than on what’s good & right about it.

I don’t believe the path your taking leads to happiness…

Anti-Control on July 26, 2013 at 4:52 AM

I think you need to have your vision checked if that is what you see.

That’s fine – I still believe know my perspective, which is that of the Prodigal Son’s father, is better than that of his eldest, bitter son! :)

The more I read about Zimmerman and Snowden in comments on HA, the more I realize why Romney was our nominee and why Obama is our president. I wish it wasn’t so depressing.

Pattosensei on July 25, 2013 at 10:40 PM

I see the same data, and come to a different (emotional) conclusion…it’s your own choice to view the world so depressingly.

Anti-Control on July 26, 2013 at 4:57 AM

I hope that whoever has the ‘book deal’ realizes that if this is the best that she can do, that even a ghost writer won’t be able to make heads nor tails of it. They will lose money on the deal if they go pay her for it…

Stupid has no color.

ajacksonian on July 26, 2013 at 5:38 AM

This babe is just making a preemptive strike against the hordes bent on revenge, just waiting to find out the names and addresses of the jury members.

“But, but I thought he was guilty! Now go away and leave me alone. And put down that gasoline can! Okay?”

BigAlSouth on July 26, 2013 at 6:25 AM

America… land of the free… where stunts like this play on TV and NO one is in charge and no one can stop this, and no one is accountable for the race baiting, for the agitation of “raw America”… I don’t understand this.

AlexB on July 26, 2013 at 6:53 AM

Bill Whittle’s take is the best one, yet.

listens2glenn on July 26, 2013 at 3:04 AM

Scariest comment on our media in many moons.

I need I 4 and B 6 for Bingo.

IlikedAUH2O on July 26, 2013 at 7:45 AM

The Jury was able to do what Al Sharpton, J. Jackson, Obama, Holder, & probably millions of others across the nation have been unable to do — Put aside their own ‘Feelings / Emotion’ and look at the ‘Facts / Evidence’.

easyt65 on July 26, 2013 at 8:02 AM

this is probably for her protection. at some point the jury names are going to be released. She’s making sure the mob doesn’t come for her. “look there was no evidence the DA couldn’t prove anything so I couldn’t vote to convict, but my sense of racial solidarity dictates that in my heart I know he murdered St. Trayvon.” How in the hell she can manage to hold 2 contradictory thoughts at the same time is beyond me. Ann Coulter wrote an entire book about how libs can do that.

bannor on July 26, 2013 at 8:26 AM

I would love for another juror to come out and say…

“Ummm, actually no, everything she said is completely false! She was in lock-step with the rest of us the entire time! At no point did she ever utter to anyone that she felt Zimmerman was guilty!”

Pale Rider on July 26, 2013 at 8:33 AM

easyt65 on July 26, 2013 at 8:02 AM

The progressives probably see this as a failure of our public school system. The ability to reason is still rearing its ugly head under the most inappropriate circumstances…

ROCnPhilly on July 26, 2013 at 8:39 AM

She must not feel too bad, she’s on national television. HELLO! Set the suicide watch?

racquetballer on July 26, 2013 at 8:45 AM

She’s giving herself street cred in her hood. Her convoluted theory of law vs feelings is cover so she can sleep in peace.

Kissmygrits on July 26, 2013 at 9:13 AM

My comment that you need your vision checked stands if you think that this woman getting the verdict right and then going on TV to spread slander is anything like the story of the prodigal son. I’ve got a little time, so let me waste it by taking your analogy apart for you.

In the story of the prodigal son, the boy thought too much of himself, demanded his inheritance and then squandered it on a life of sin (parties and whores essentially). He ended up with on the street with nothing. One day when eating pig slop he remembered his father. He went home and his father forgave him. His brother was upset because he thought the father dole out some punishment for the prodigal son’s foolish behavior. The father responds that it is good the boy returned and they should be happy. The story is about forgiveness of the repentant sinner.

This juror promised to “fight to the end” to convict Zimmerman (innocent guy), but did not follow through with it. Now, days later, she goes on TV and calls the man a murderer. She is not repentant, and she is not asking for forgiveness for doing the wrong thing. She is on TV playing the fiddle for money and fueling flames of hatred for her own benefit.

Anti-Control on July 26, 2013 at 4:57 AM

I see you skipped the meat and potatoes of my argument. Didn’t have anything to rebut me with so you chose to focus on the word “depressing.” My discussion was not emotional, nice try. I commented that the ignorance spout on here was depressing to see. Does this mean I am depressed? No. Is this an argument based in pathos? No. It is merely a passing comment expressing my opinion of all the idiocy I see in the comments. If you see a picture of a child starving in the streets, you could describe it as depressing. Let me put it in words you might understand:

Imagine two men are walking down the street together. The walk past a poster for a charity that helps poor children. It has a picture of a starving little girl on it. One man looks at the poster and says “That’s depressing.” The other looks at his friend and says “you should see a doctor if you are so depressed.”

You are the latter.

Pattosensei on July 26, 2013 at 9:23 AM

VIVA ZIMMERMAN, HOMBRE DE VALOR!!!…

Pest on July 26, 2013 at 9:25 AM

To me, here you sound like a leftist ….

Anti-Control on July 26, 2013 at 4:52 AM

I’ve noticed you say that to a lot of people.

farsighted on July 26, 2013 at 9:25 AM

Let’s face it, this woman is Guilty of Perjury!

Under oath she was asked;

Is this Your Personal Verdict? to which she answered YES
then
Is this the Verdict of the Jury? to which she also answered YES

jaydee_007 on July 26, 2013 at 9:29 AM

Impressive.

Bmore on July 26, 2013 at 9:37 AM

Pattosensei on July 26, 2013 at 9:23 AM

Since my original comment about the head-scratchingly angry brother of Prodigal Son was directed only at those who were focusing on what the juror has been saying & not on what she ultimately did during the jury’s deliberations, I think I should be the one talking about the other’s vision needing to be checked! :)

Anti-Control on July 26, 2013 at 9:43 AM

I’ve noticed you say that to a lot of people.

farsighted on July 26, 2013 at 9:25 AM

Does it bother you that I’d call out people on the Right when I believe they are behaving like leftists? If so, I cannot understand why…

Anti-Control on July 26, 2013 at 9:46 AM

So I guess this moron is speaking for the other jurors as well. She’s out for money…plain and simple. By suggesting that he was guilty, she gets to come out in the open without getting a target on her back. The lefties in the media are going to eat this up and pay through the nose. I’m sure a book deal is in the making too.

cajunpatriot on July 26, 2013 at 10:04 AM

It really should scare people that a person this confused should get on a jury.

senor on July 26, 2013 at 10:06 AM

Does it bother you …

Anti-Control on July 26, 2013 at 9:46 AM

Sorry, not playing that game.

How do you feel about that?

farsighted on July 26, 2013 at 10:26 AM

That pesky law. Who needs proof when you feel somebody’s guilty?

Phoenician on July 26, 2013 at 10:27 AM

I guess she’s not intellegent enough to figure it out. You’re the only one in the room who was OK with murder?????

supersport667 on July 26, 2013 at 10:29 AM

Anti-Control on July 26, 2013 at 9:43 AM

The analogy still does not stand. Furthermore, the descriptor “head-scratchingly” is off. It is not something so out of the ordinary that the older brother was angry. That was one of the major points of the parable. It would be normal to give the prodigal son what he deserved instead of forgiveness. The older brother serves to highlight the difference between God and man.

Furthermore, your original argument included the following question:

Why then all the of the kvetching about what she said on ABC?

A question which I addressed in the “meat and potatoes” of my original response to you. It was only after you doubled down on your forced prodigal son analogy that I took it apart for you.

As it stands, you have not addressed the responses to your original question. Have failed to demonstrate an understanding of the prodigal son parable, have been unable to demonstrate how said parable works as a proper analogy for a woman slandering a man on TV, and have failed in your attempts to label my reasoning as an argument based solely on pathos. You are 0 for 4.

Pattosensei on July 26, 2013 at 10:34 AM

This is eaesy to explain. She’s a liberal fool. She doesn’t understand the difference between killing and legal murder. Obviously, as she states there was no evidence that zimmerman committed murder, but he obviously shot and killed martin. I found it interesting that she admitted that it should never have been brought and was all a “publicity” stunt by the state. Remember, libs “feel”, they don’t necessarily “think”.

Ta111 on July 26, 2013 at 10:34 AM

Yeah. Keep it up. This is what the libruls do after the fact. They just keep on pecking. All they had to do was keep after a juror, with somewhat librul mentality or racial outlook, keep pecking until the juror decided to agree with them, This is why we try people by jury, not public opinion. This is no longer The United States; it is Kenya.

Old Country Boy on July 26, 2013 at 10:37 AM

Obviously everyone who knows this woman knows she was one of the jurors. She’s just trying to not be ridiculed, beat up, etc., by her fellow “brothers and sisters”.

Cherokee on July 26, 2013 at 10:39 AM

The “black Hispanic” bimbo went on Nightline, too.

Gotta get the word out, far and wide…

“he got away with murder…in our hearts we felt he was guilty…we were trying to find this man guilty…”

farsighted on July 26, 2013 at 10:55 AM

He’s guilty of murder but she voted not guilty? Now she wants it both ways? What is this brain dead woman up to?

petefrt on July 26, 2013 at 10:58 AM

Anti-Control on July 26, 2013 at 4:41 AM

She doesn’t deserve a passing grade in my book. She herself said that she was convinced he was guilty… to the point where she threatened a hung jury in this verdict and only gave up because she didn’t have the spine to carry through with it.

This is not the regret of a penitent person… this is a sinner’s regret. If she were the lone juror on that panel she would have sent Zimmerman to prison and tossed away the key.

petefrt on July 26, 2013 at 10:58 AM

Money.

“The great terror of modern society is that facts simply don’t matter to the vast majority of people.”

Stefan Molyneux

And that’s all I’m going to say on the subject.

Chaz706 on July 26, 2013 at 11:13 AM

Chaz706 on July 26, 2013 at 11:13 AM

Yeah, I’m wondering if some leftie got to her, maybe greased her palm or something.

petefrt on July 26, 2013 at 11:17 AM

Bill Whittle’s take is the best one, yet.

listens2glenn on July 26, 2013 at 3:04 AM

Devastating! Thanks for the link.

questionmark on July 26, 2013 at 11:18 AM

Sorry, not playing that game.

Good choice on your part! :)

How do you feel about that?

farsighted on July 26, 2013 at 10:26 AM

I’ll let you speak to that…

Anti-Control on July 26, 2013 at 11:38 AM

The analogy still does not stand.

You are 0 for 4.

Pattosensei on July 26, 2013 at 10:34 AM

You are spending a lot of your time babbling at me while not noticing that I don’t value your opinion on this topic i.e. you talk too much, and you are causing me to laugh at you!

Anti-Control on July 26, 2013 at 11:42 AM

The Lady knows not of which she speaks.

Another Drew on July 26, 2013 at 11:48 AM

Chaz706 on July 26, 2013 at 11:13 AM

I really only care that she voted to find GZ not guilty; her comment about the grandstanding of the prosecution is icing on the cake for me.

People like you care about her now-irrelevant comments about her decision as well, which I can’t deny being amused by (both her useless comments & your concern over them!) :)

Anti-Control on July 26, 2013 at 11:51 AM

Anti-Control on July 26, 2013 at 11:38 AM

Whooooosh….

farsighted on July 26, 2013 at 11:54 AM

As a Puerto Rican Hispanic-American, she’s clearly been intimidated by black-supremacists and their political enablers. Malik Shabaaz, et.al. were emboldened by their voter intimidation success– and have now moved on to “jury tampering.”

The Judicial Watch exposed DOJ-orchestrated race-baiter scandal now needs a Special Prosecuter investigation of jury tampering.

Impeach Eric “my people” Holder

Terp Mole on July 26, 2013 at 12:08 PM

Meanwhile, the State of Maryland officially joins Shabaaz-Sharpton race-baiter smear campaign;

Embrace diversity in aftermath of Trayvon tragedy

I wish that George Zimmerman were the only racist. Sadly, he’s not. He represents the leading, violent edge of a continuum. If we’re really honest, at the other end, many of us will see ourselves… Where and how do my biases leak out? If I’m unaware of these biases, who might honestly tell me about them?

/”unaware”

Terp Mole on July 26, 2013 at 12:10 PM

MMMM, Curious could this genius not have fought for what she believed in and forced a hung jury?

PappyD61 on July 26, 2013 at 12:33 PM

I LET George Zimmerman get away with murder, but you can’t get away from God. And at the end of the day, he’s going to have a lot of questions and answers he has to deal with,” Maddy said. “[But] the law couldn’t prove it.”…

Has this juror apologized to the Martin family of Saint TrayVon for letting Zimmerman get away?

PappyD61 on July 26, 2013 at 12:35 PM

Anti-Control on July 26, 2013 at 11:42 AM

Not a problem. I have time to waste today, as I said before. As for not valuing my opinion, that was obvious in your first response since you never addressed the substance of my post. What you fail to realize in your laughing dismissal is that I am not trying to convince you of anything. I am merely entertaining myself and any who happen to be following along by taking each of your “arguments”apart. As you have yet to win an exchange you may want to rethink your laughter.

Pattosensei on July 26, 2013 at 1:05 PM

Exit question: Is there any way to verify that this is really Juror B29?

faraway on July 25, 2013 at 7:06 PM

I could swear that I either read or heard in the media (print or audio-visual) that the jury was comprised of white women with the exception of one who was described as Hispanic. This one doesn’t particularly strike me as Hispanic, but possible she identifies herself as such if for instance she’s originally from a South American or Latin American country, regardless of her shade/skin color.

jimver on July 26, 2013 at 3:17 PM

So just what part of Juror B-29′s heart says George Zimmerman is guilty? Why, the colorblind part that “let a lot of people down,” that’s what part.” And maybe the part that wants to go back to work and not be harassed by those people she let down? Regular Right Guy

Mornin Mojo on July 26, 2013 at 3:55 PM

I actually think this woman should be commended. She thought Zimmerman was guilty but agreed the prosecution offered no proof of it. thats our system and what she did was commendable.

gerrym51 on July 26, 2013 at 5:01 PM

So, the lady from Chicago didn’t actually mean it when she could judge the evidence impartially and went in with an agenda?
Had to be convinced by the other jurors that Zimmerman broke no laws, based on the evidence provided, to the point of no reasonable doubt?

OK…not surprised.

ProfShadow on July 26, 2013 at 5:27 PM

She’s an idiot. There’s nothing more to say about her.

Paul-Cincy on July 26, 2013 at 6:37 PM

Black Pig! Just like the rest of them!

Jersey Dan on July 26, 2013 at 8:20 PM

Interesting revelations regarding juror B-29 are coming out:

Blake on July 26, 2013 at 9:22 PM

Is the front page going to mention this Slate update or not?

TB on July 26, 2013 at 11:22 PM

Send this link along to anyone upset by the Zimmerman verdict: http://www.dlas.org/zimmerman-martin-survey

I learned a few facts myself, and I had previously considered myself pretty well informed.

One person that I know that was pretty vocal about “Martin was murdered” now seems to be rather quiet about the subject after reading that page & taking the survey.

E-R

electric-rascal on July 26, 2013 at 11:55 PM

Pattosensei on July 26, 2013 at 1:05 PM

You sound like an leftard who’d try arguing with me when I’d say it’s not just a matter of opinion that 0dumba is an idiot, and you don’t seem to be aware of this.

Don’t mind me – keep talking with yourself!

Anti-Control on July 27, 2013 at 3:23 AM

PappyD61 on July 26, 2013 at 12:33 PM

By going with her head over her heart, I say that she did do what she truly believed by finding GZ not guilty. Her struggle is occurring because she is a weak, insecure person, not because she is a moron – if she were a moron, she would have hung the jury.

I agree with gerrym51, with one caveat:

gerrym51 on July 26, 2013 at 5:01 PM

I realize she may feel that way, but I’m not sure I’d agree that she thinks GZ is actually guilty.

Anti-Control on July 27, 2013 at 3:34 AM

Juror Clown.

Fifteen minutes of fame.

How much they pay her for appearance?

Sherman1864 on July 27, 2013 at 5:03 AM

Folks, we’ve been taken again. When are we going to learn – the MSM CANNOT be trusted!

Why? They are distorting what the juror actually said (Allahpundit should update his post). Robin Roberts asks the juror (paraphrasing) “what would you say to those who would say that Zimmerman got away with murder.” The juror pauses, giving the question some fault, and then repeats what Robin Roberts said! She wasn’t saying that for herself, she was thinking about what she would say TO SOMEONE WHO ACTUALLY THINKS THAT. She then goes on to say what she thinks that person should do — remember that there is divine justice. In other words, if you are right, hypothetical person who believes that Zimmerman got away with murder, there will be divine justice for Zimmerman.

Breitbart has the full video:

It’s like Lucy pulling away the football…

D.GOOCH

DGOOCH on July 27, 2013 at 10:51 AM

Black Pig! Just like the rest of them!

Jersey Dan on July 26, 2013 at 8:20 PM

Expand, please.

Cindy Munford on July 27, 2013 at 3:02 PM

The interview that was aired by ABC was a cut and paste job in which the interviewer put words in the mouth of the interviewee.

Gee, ABC creating a false narrative? Who would have thunk it.

john.frank on July 28, 2013 at 1:04 AM

Saletin sets the record straight:

Looks like ABC edited the video in a dishonest manner.

Al in St. Lou on July 28, 2013 at 1:41 PM

Embrace diversity in aftermath of Trayvon tragedy

/”unaware”

Terp Mole on July 26, 2013 at 12:10 PM

Good catch, Terp Mole. And what is also interesting is looking at the “Rules of Conduct” for posting comments on that University of Maryland website.

Particularly this one:

Be Nice. No racism, sexism or any sort of -ism that is degrading to another person.

Really? Well, apparently those “Rules” do not apply to posters like University of Maryland Chief Diversity Officer and Associate Vice President Kumea Shorter-Gooden. She felt free to call George Zimmerman a racist, all evidence to the contrary notwithstanding.

But she did later acknowledge even she might have some shortcomings in that regard.

. . .
To what extent do our prejudices and assumptions get in the way of creating a diverse and inclusive community? Where and how do my biases leak out? If I’m unaware of these biases, who might honestly tell me about them? How can I tackle them and overcome them?
. . . .

Dear Kumea: Your biases didn’t just “leak” out. You poured them out in your post. To be quite honest, I find it hard to believe you are unaware of them. In fact, maybe you should tell yourself about them. After all, that is your job at U MD! You ask, how can you “tackle and overcome” them? Well, start with the facts. The only evidence in the case strongly suggested that Trayvon Martin assaulted George Zimmerman, knocking him to the ground, at which point he beat on him MMA “pound and ground” style. So, the next time you are tempted to bring up “Stand your Ground” laws and your utterly unsupported claim that they

” disproportionately favor white people over people of color”

think again. “Stand your ground” law had absolutely nothing to do with this case. The only credible evidence strongly supported the conclusion that George Zimmerman was unable to retreat from the assault when he drew his firearm in self-defense.

Trochilus on July 29, 2013 at 10:33 AM