Chris Matthews thoughts: Do we have any evidence women sext, too?

posted at 9:21 pm on July 25, 2013 by Mary Katharine Ham

Well, what else would we expect from MSNBC: The Place for Feminine Hygiene Jewelry than the most nuanced, astute commentary on gender politics? And, viewers know this segment will not disappoint from the first sentence: “You’re both women and I’m a male.”

CHRIS MATTHEWS: Let’s go to the gender aspect of this — you’re both women and I’m a male. Let me ask this question. I’m wide open to this. Is this something that only men do? Is there any recorded history of women doing this kind of tweeting, naked tweeting, digital streaking? That’s what I call it. Does anybody on your side of the gender argument? And it is an argument.

Well, I can think of at least a couple women for whom we have recorded evidence of sexting, right? I mean, we’re not sure how many women, but there are at least two if you count one online paramour per Weiner press conference, which is way too modest a metric even for just this one man’s partners in sext. Now, I suppose he maybe means, “Is there any recorded history of women in positions of power or elected office doing this kind of tweeting, naked tweeting, digital streaking so compulsively as to have been brought down by it in two separate national scandals?” In general, the number of women who end up in political trouble for straying from a marriage or harassing male colleagues is pretty darn low, so that’d be a fairer question, but are we sure that’s what he means? We can never really be sure, and that feels way too generous of me.

His guests, whom he hastened to tell us are women, inform him, “Of course they do it.”

Meanwhile, Rep. Nancy Pelosi, general in the brave forces against the War on Women, has stepped up her criticism of the various sexual deviants, liars, and admitted harassers who served loyally by her side in the House, to a new level: Curt Recommendation for Therapy. That’ll show ‘em. She adds as an afterthought— and, you can see her do the calculation that she might need to be more forceful— “Let me be very clear. The conduct of some of these people that we are talking about here is reprehensible. It is so disrespectful of women.”

Whatever happened to “I’m not here to make any judgments?” This video also features a dig at the reporter, as a “social issues guy,” along with an assertion that she is a legislator and—what?—should therefore not have to comment on such things? Right, that’s always been the standard when Republicans stumble over social issues statements. Also, the reporter was Luke Russert, so I’m not sure what the jab is about. Maybe she got her brown-haired white guys who ask her tough questions mixed up and thought she was talking to John McCormack. That’s sexist, Nancy!

Hey, how can she be expected to keep track? The reliable San Francisco liberal was busy…saving the NSA domestic surveillance program? Way to turn on, tune in, drop out.

And, for the record: OB tampon earrings? Weak. Awfully conveniently and unobtrusively earring-shaped for a social statement, if you ask me. I say full-coverage pad with wings or nothing at all!

Comments

Chrissy fit!!!

Bmore on July 25, 2013 at 9:24 PM

Chris Matthews thoughts: Do we have any evidence women sext, too?

Bishop.
What’s yer point, potato-face?

ExpressoBold on July 25, 2013 at 9:24 PM

Chris Matthews thoughts: Do we have any evidence women sext, too?

Every time your leg tingles…

Electrongod on July 25, 2013 at 9:24 PM

Bishop.

ExpressoBold on July 25, 2013 at 9:24 PM

UnBishopped.

ExpressoBold on July 25, 2013 at 9:25 PM

Chris Matthews thoughts: Do we have any evidence women sext, too?

Yeah, ‘cuz, like, um, ya know, Weiner only sexted himself or other men.

The stoooooopid is so strong with this one that it burns…badly.

Resist We Much on July 25, 2013 at 9:27 PM

Matthews is practically begging for a catfishing.

Christien on July 25, 2013 at 9:28 PM

Do we have any evidence women sext?

Yes, but I’m not showing you my phone tingles.

kit dinker on July 25, 2013 at 9:29 PM

Maerose Prizzi puts whole new meanings into the phrases ‘turn on’ and ‘tune in.’

What’s your frequency, NSA?

Resist We Much on July 25, 2013 at 9:29 PM

D’OH!

Ladysmith CulchaVulcha on July 25, 2013 at 9:30 PM

UnBishopped.

ExpressoBold on July 25, 2013 at 9:25 PM

I’m sorry. Had I typed it with a P the way I really wanted to, it would have been moderated and you would have in fact been able to declare a Bishop!

Bmore on July 25, 2013 at 9:30 PM

Do we have any evidence women sext?

Yes, but I’m not showing you my phone tingles.

kit dinker on July 25, 2013 at 9:29 PM

No need. All your sextadata belong to us.

Resist We Much on July 25, 2013 at 9:30 PM

Matthews is practically begging for a catfishing.

Christien on July 25, 2013 at 9:28 PM

Please, please, please…

Snort & guffaw.

Bruno Strozek on July 25, 2013 at 9:30 PM

you’re both women and I’m a male.

I suppose he had to make this clear, as with some people on MSNBC it’s hard to tell.

Wethal on July 25, 2013 at 9:30 PM

This guy looks like the anti-mutant Senator from X-Men… at the end of the movie when he washes up and de-blobs on the beach.

batterup on July 25, 2013 at 9:30 PM

Will Chrissie be apologizing now on behalf of all men?

ShainS on July 25, 2013 at 9:31 PM

Is this guy serious? Chicks do this way more than dudes.

WhatSlushfund on July 25, 2013 at 9:31 PM

Christien on July 25, 2013 at 9:28 PM

He has to beg.

Bmore on July 25, 2013 at 9:33 PM

Utah data collection unit has an app for that, chrissy.

wolly4321 on July 25, 2013 at 9:34 PM

Chris Matthews thoughts: Do we have any evidence women sext, too?

…is there fluid involved?

KOOLAID2 on July 25, 2013 at 9:35 PM

Matthews is practically begging for a catfishing.

Christien on July 25, 2013 at 9:28 PM

Speaking of…

(Old) ‘Toon of the Day: I Only Have Eyes For You…

Resist We Much on July 25, 2013 at 9:35 PM

I’m sorry. …

Bmore on July 25, 2013 at 9:30 PM

No problem! If I had made the comment and declared “Bishop” down the thread, I may have in fact been able to legitimately declare a “Bishop.” There is ample opportunity for me to “Bishop” a thread in the future.
Revel in your “Bishopness.” (We’re all crazy as hell anyway!)

ExpressoBold on July 25, 2013 at 9:35 PM

ExpressoBold on July 25, 2013 at 9:35 PM

What ever you do, never pay Bishop a fee.

Bmore on July 25, 2013 at 9:36 PM

Seems that the most important thing for Matthews is that he figure out how to continue his juvenile behavior without getting caught. In other words, he’s laying out the entire progressive agenda.

BKeyser on July 25, 2013 at 9:36 PM

What ever you do, never pay Bishop a fee.

Bmore on July 25, 2013 at 9:36 PM

Isn’t it in the union rules that he has to pay us a fee whenever we “Bishop” in his place, like punching a time clock for a co-worker?

ExpressoBold on July 25, 2013 at 9:39 PM

“Let me answer this quest …, ask this question” — CM

The type of narcissistic Freudian Slip that Lady CV has identified in the past? CM is certainly deeply mired in the projection characteristic of narcissism, even if he’s not a sexual pervert. He may be, we just don’t know.

Paul-Cincy on July 25, 2013 at 9:44 PM

Yeah,No,Not a Union Man. Work For Hire Baby!

Bmore on July 25, 2013 at 9:44 PM

This fellow Mathews is an utter mess.

Bmore on July 25, 2013 at 9:47 PM

Chrissy ‘had a thought’?

GarandFan on July 25, 2013 at 9:47 PM

Chrissy must think men sext only other men.

And that he thinks that, does not surprise me.

Chrissy, who was Weiner-man sexting with?

You have your answer.

BobMbx on July 25, 2013 at 9:49 PM

“Chris Matthews Thoughts”

I was unable to read any further.

Meremortal on July 25, 2013 at 9:50 PM

Chris Matthews thoughts: Do we have any evidence women sext, too?

…should be self evident Chrissy…why do you have to think?

KOOLAID2 on July 25, 2013 at 9:53 PM

Nancy P, remember Congressman Foley? You know…>Culture of Corruption? I don’t recall you recommending “therapy”.

Buy Danish on July 25, 2013 at 9:54 PM

Is this something that only men do?

Ask your goat

Recorded history?

I better ask his goat for him so the goat don’t get scared

Remember Huntley/Brinkley? Try hard. Just say There’s no place like home. There’s no place like home…..

entagor on July 25, 2013 at 10:00 PM

Axioms of the Algebra of Sexting:

a) The law of symmetricity: If A sexts B, then B sexts A.
b) The law of identity: If A sexts A, then A is lonely.
c) The commutative law: If A sexts B, and B sexts C, and C sexts A, it’s a triangle.

unclesmrgol on July 25, 2013 at 10:01 PM

Chris Matthews thoughts: Do we have any evidence women sext, too?

Evidence??
I feel it in my heart that women sext…

The hell with evidence..

Electrongod on July 25, 2013 at 10:03 PM

Chris Matthews thoughts: Do we have any evidence women sext, too?

Does he hope to get in on the action?

Liam on July 25, 2013 at 10:04 PM

“I’m a man”

Care to take a vote on that?

50sGuy on July 25, 2013 at 10:06 PM

He can’t even get his wife to sexts.

docflash on July 25, 2013 at 10:07 PM

WTF….. now the image of Nancy Pelosi and Chrissy Matthews sext’n is burned in my mind….

roflmmfao

donabernathy on July 25, 2013 at 10:08 PM

I’ll bet Pelosi sexts. Multiple angles. Some closeups.

a capella on July 25, 2013 at 10:12 PM

Chris Matthews thoughts: Do we have any evidence women sext, too?

Well Chrissie tingles, I’d be surprised to find out that you have any personal evidence of it.

stukinIL4now on July 25, 2013 at 10:21 PM

The stoooooopid is so strong with this one that it burns…badly.

Resist We Much on July 25, 2013 at 9:27 PM

Yup. Just like peeing after unsafe-sexting.

Wear a firewall, peeps.

Axe on July 25, 2013 at 10:29 PM

Way to turn on, tune in, drop out.
===================================

Pelosium must be stirr’n LSD into her batch of KOOL_AID!!

canopfor on July 25, 2013 at 10:46 PM

Chris Matthews thoughts

I’m skeptical of this part.

Shump on July 25, 2013 at 11:01 PM

I feel it in my heart that women sext…

The hell with evidence..

Electrongod on July 25, 2013 at 10:03 PM

Feel what! Wait…what?

Where?!

Solaratov on July 26, 2013 at 12:03 AM

How is this guy… “this” stupid.

If heterosexual men are sexing… who are they sexing with?… this question is pretty much “Do women have sex with men or do men only have sex with women.”

What a fool.

Karmashock on July 26, 2013 at 12:05 AM

“…what would you tell the wife to do? What would you tell the patient in this case if he ever agrees to be your patient? To kill this problem at least so we won’t know about it.”

It’s all about covering up the basic degeneracy and the scandals of his side, while continuing to push a social agenda that fosters such degeneracy.

For liberals, a real solution is when people won’t know about the corruption of those who rule them, ever again. Whether the means are therapy or propaganda in the media, that’s the aim.

David Blue on July 26, 2013 at 5:25 AM

Holy smokes, autoplay of Matthews shouting was a rude awakening.

forest on July 26, 2013 at 6:52 AM

“Is there any recorded history of…” intelligence in Chris Matthew’s brain?

sadatoni on July 26, 2013 at 7:15 AM

Texting is generally a two-way stream of text messages sent between people, right, Tingles?

Thus, sexting…

I suppose next this guy’s going to wonder if only men have phone sex… cause God knows there’s nothing that turns a man on more than saying lewd things to a woman who is completely unresponsive, or talking about her day at work or something.

The Schaef on July 26, 2013 at 9:16 AM

… you’re both women and I’m a male.

I don’t know about the rest of you, but I’m beginning to have my doubts.

RebeccaH on July 26, 2013 at 10:29 AM

At the very least, Tampax Super Absorbancy.

cptacek on July 26, 2013 at 10:36 AM

To Mr. Matthews: Women do it. They don’t send them to you.

krome on July 26, 2013 at 11:39 AM

It would appear that Mathews needs to heed the advice of this expert!

Freddy on July 26, 2013 at 12:38 PM

You mean anyone BESIDES the women Weiner were texting to/sexting with coming forward, admitting THEY were sexting with him

easyt65 on July 26, 2013 at 12:45 PM

Why is it I cannot, for the life of me, tell the difference between Chris Matthews and Hillary Clinton?

Seriously. Side by side, I don’t know which is which.

thejackal on July 26, 2013 at 8:33 PM