Family rescued by George Zimmerman from car accident cancels press conference in fear of “blowback”

posted at 8:01 pm on July 24, 2013 by Allahpundit

A terrible moral dilemma. Hold a presser to vouch for the man who rescued you at a moment when he could really use the public support? Or stay out of the line of fire from vigilante lunatics bent on exacting “justice for Trayvon”?

What’s a couple with two small children to do?

The Gerstles were expected to hold a press conference today at the office of Zimmerman’s attorney Mark O’Mara, but cancelled a few hours before it was supposed to take place…

“The family called because they wanted to address the media. I knew that if we did it in an organized way, it would help them get back to a normal life.. But they called today and said they were more worried about blow back from saying anything that would be favorable to George, and decided they did not want to do any media,” O’Mara said.

The lawyer said that when he spoke to the Gerstles “their voices were trembling” and that they feared saying anything positive about Zimmerman “would be toxic.”…

Zimmerman “should be [armed] given the threats against him,” O’Mara said. He added, “If I were him I would leave” the country.

The most amazing thing to me about the rescue is that he was still in Sanford days after the verdict. I figured he and his defense team had devised a plan long ago to move him to Canada or Mexico or parts unknown in the event of an acquittal. He wouldn’t be “safe” there either necessarily, but the effort to track him down and get to him would be prohibitive for all but the most insistent nuts. As it is, I wonder if he’s thinking he can ride out the storm by lying low for a year or two, until most people have forgotten, and then quietly re-emerge somewhere in the U.S. I think he’s making a mistake.

Incidentally, is there an agency (or a charity) at either the state or federal level that provides security for high-profile criminal defendants upon release or acquittal? I’m not thinking about that for Zimmerman specifically, just in general. O.J. could have used it, I’m sure; so could Casey Anthony. I think they’re both guilty as sin, and maybe O.J.’s a special case because he could afford to pay for his own protection, but it seems weird to discharge a defendant from court on grounds that they’re “free” to go when they’re facing hundreds or thousands of death threats with little professional help in thwarting them. National media holds these people out, sometimes rightly and sometimes wrongly, as monsters and then they’re left to fend for themselves against a public that despises them. Is that their idea of “rough justice”? I’m not sure prison wouldn’t have been safer for Zimmerman.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3 4

Superman would go into hiding in this America…

Electrongod on July 24, 2013 at 8:04 PM

Sad.

KCB on July 24, 2013 at 8:04 PM

I would have absolutely nothing to do with the media. Let them starve.

Bmore on July 24, 2013 at 8:08 PM

Stupid White people.

SouthernGent on July 24, 2013 at 8:08 PM

Good Will will lead a trail right to Zimmerman…

New bumper sticker…

“Zimmerman was here”

Electrongod on July 24, 2013 at 8:09 PM

Zimmerman is an awesome dude, who just got awesomer.

Give him back his gun already.

sentinelrules on July 24, 2013 at 8:09 PM

You want to thank him? Pull a shift or two watching out for his family.

Christien on July 24, 2013 at 8:10 PM

This is Obama’s America!!!

Justice for Trayvon!!!

Oh, the Joy!

Idiots.

I loathe everybody connected in any way to this Obama Administration, and every single person who voted for him, especially those who voted for him the second time.

[Comments Deleted in the Name of Common Sense and Decency.]

coldwarrior on July 24, 2013 at 8:10 PM

What country is this?!?!

abobo on July 24, 2013 at 8:12 PM

This just empowers the thugs. They are not shamed by their behavior. It’s not like their so called leaders are saying knock it off. No, they are getting high five and egged on all the way up to the WH.

Blake on July 24, 2013 at 8:15 PM

It’s almost like the family was told to reconsider leaving their car if there’s a black man nearby.

rogerb on July 24, 2013 at 8:17 PM

So an innocent young Black man was killed just for committing a hate crime against what he thought was a gay crazy ass cracker and that’s an outrage but going after a family that were victims in an auto accident because they were rescued by some crazy ass cracker, well that’s just justice for Tryvon.

It’s all going to come crashing down. Prep people.

Rancher on July 24, 2013 at 8:19 PM

Give him back his gun already.

sentinelrules on July 24, 2013 at 8:09 PM

I don’t think he’ll be carrying the Kel-Tec from the case anymore. I hear he’s stepped it up to the FN Five-seveN.

crrr6 on July 24, 2013 at 8:20 PM

Nobody was trying to kill or even threaten OJ. Minorities in LA were quite smug about him getting off. Believe me, it was not a subject that was discussed at the office.

Blake on July 24, 2013 at 8:21 PM

I don’t blame the rescued family for wanting to avoid all the haters…it only takes one nutjob to cause some harm.

GZ’s heroic action in this case speaks louder than anyone else’s comments, especially after all he’s endured.

IMO, GZ has no intention of fleeing the country, and I bet he’d stay in Sanford or close by if he and his family could do so with any reasonable assurance of safety. That will be very hard to guarantee, however.

fortcoins on July 24, 2013 at 8:22 PM

They charged his wife for perjury because she didn’t mention the legal defense fund when they basically asked how much money they had to pay bail. If you remember, they revoked his bail and set it much higher because he had a legal defense fund that could pay it.

Her trial is not until August.

Of course, if the prosecution team had any decency, they would have dropped the charge once Zimmerman was acquitted.

If.

There Goes the Neighborhood on July 24, 2013 at 8:22 PM

It must be great being black in America these days.

Educated blacks are beaten for the way they talk “white”. Uneducated blacks are cannon fodder from their own. Black victims are future snitches. Conservative blacks are Uncle Toms.

And gang banging blacks are pissed for being profiled…

Obamaphones for evah!

patman77 on July 24, 2013 at 8:23 PM

I’m surprised that GZ’s legal team is appearing in public, their heads have a price on them too.

Welcome to Barky’s post-racial “If I had a son…” America. You leftist trash really gave us a doozy this time around.

Bishop on July 24, 2013 at 8:23 PM

Allahpundit’s writing is very ramble-y tonight. Very stream-of-consciousness. I’m enjoying the ride.

Ladysmith CulchaVulcha on July 24, 2013 at 8:24 PM

Yep. Now let’s see this moron President head off to some middle school to proclaim a desire to raise awareness for bullying while good Americans are afraid to live normally thanks to the evil bass-ackward climate that he’s helped foster…

Gingotts on July 24, 2013 at 8:24 PM

He would be safer in Kabul or Syria.

docflash on July 24, 2013 at 8:25 PM

You can’t blame them they have small kids. And it shows a little decorum and not a fast frenzy into 15 minutes of fame. I’m sure their personal thank yous were enough for all concerned.

Class act me thinks.

seesalrun2 on July 24, 2013 at 8:25 PM

If I were acquitted in this instance, the last place I would look for security is in the government, state or federal. Here, we have the Florida governor appointing a complete political hack as a special prosecutor and, on the federal level, a President who says that Martin either might look like the son he never had or his own sorry self some years ago. Those “Acquitted Defendant Protection Program” options leave much to be desired.

On the charity side, there doesn’t appear to be one, at least none that I could find. But, if GZ wants to set up a website soliciting contributions for same, I’ll guarantee you that he’d get plenty of support for his security, and in huge amounts. Maybe he could use the same website that he used for defense funding.

TXUS on July 24, 2013 at 8:25 PM

innocent family can’t speak truth…#ObamasAmerica

Donald Draper on July 24, 2013 at 8:27 PM

If it were connected to the government, they’d be the last people I’d trust were I Zimmerman. I wouldn’t even trust a private or church-run agency at this point, as people are gutless and can be pressured.

If I were Zimmerman and facing the crap spewed from all directions and fostered by the elite, then I doubt I’d trust anything short of the plane ticket to Kiev in my own hand.

Gingotts on July 24, 2013 at 8:27 PM

What country is this?!?!

abobo on July 24, 2013 at 8:12 PM

Welcome to the new tribal America.

Rebar on July 24, 2013 at 8:28 PM

he could change his name….

maybe that Weiner widget name changer would work…

Jorge Flamethrower, or something

ted c on July 24, 2013 at 8:31 PM

I’ve seen people saying on twitter that the officer on the scene of the accident is a big GZ fan and phone records say he tipped off Zimmerman before the accident. I don’t know how these people would have access to the officers phone records. THe links go to a website where they are asking for identifying information about the jury and they make it clear they want to publicize it.

There are some real nuts.

On the “post-racial” America. A young black teen/man gave my crying white daughter some quarters when I refused to play some video games at the pizza place. I live in a very racially divided community.

earlgrey133 on July 24, 2013 at 8:31 PM

I guess we should mention this in that “conversation”.

Lonetown on July 24, 2013 at 8:32 PM

Seems like the plot of “The Fugitive”.

Count to 10 on July 24, 2013 at 8:32 PM

What kind of country is this that we live in where people whose lives may have been saved by a good Samaritan decline to talk about their Samaritan for fear of political thug vengeance?

This country is screwed. The left has had its way with education and popular culture since the 60′s, and now we pay.

Liberty cannot survive without virtue. And virtue is almost dead.

petefrt on July 24, 2013 at 8:33 PM

I’m not sure prison wouldn’t have been safer for Zimmerman.

That’s bull. The opportunity to provide your own defense and triumph over lame-brain ignorant thugs, time and time again, is exhilarating. Make them suck it, George.

ExpressoBold on July 24, 2013 at 8:35 PM

Family rescued by George Zimmerman from car accident cancels press conference in fear of “blowblack
from “blashmobs”

burrata on July 24, 2013 at 8:35 PM

This is insane..My home country has become a foreign country to me

sadsushi on July 24, 2013 at 8:37 PM

[Comments Deleted in the Name of Common Sense and Decency.]

coldwarrior on July 24, 2013 at 8:10 PM

Capitalist Hog-Wart will be along presently to remind you of your implicit racism and racial hatred. A sternly-worded comment will be flung in your direction. BEWARE!!!!

ExpressoBold on July 24, 2013 at 8:39 PM

…JugEars…is fundamentally…changing America!

KOOLAID2 on July 24, 2013 at 8:39 PM

Interesting that Prince William and Duchess Kate chose George as the first name of their son. ;-)

TXUS on July 24, 2013 at 8:39 PM

Except for the most hateful liberals, this will be mostly forgotten about a month from now. It’s already fading away.

The guy hardly needs to leave the country. If Casey Anthony can stay in Florida, he can too.

Moesart on July 24, 2013 at 8:40 PM

“If they bring a knife to the fight, we bring a gun.”

– Barack Obama June 12, 2008

“We are 5 days away from fundamentally transforming the United States of America.”

- Barack Obama, October 30, 2008.

“We’re gonna reward our friends and punish our enemies.”

– Barack Obama, October 25, 2010

Clear enough for you?

Sacramento on July 24, 2013 at 8:41 PM

libfreeorgan will be by shortly… to explain all of this!

KOOLAID2 on July 24, 2013 at 8:41 PM

More victims of the hate filled and racist Obama/Holder/Sharpton lynch mob.

VorDaj on July 24, 2013 at 8:44 PM

I can’t blame the family for backing out. It wasn’t the occasional lunatic making death threats, it was a whole army of them. Toss in against Zimmerman the ACLU, the mainstream media, the Black Panthers, Jesse Jackson, Al Sharpton, Obama, the Detroit city council, and an assortment of Congresscritters, and I’d be leery, too. That family would be up against the largest lynch mob in US history.

Liam on July 24, 2013 at 8:44 PM

What’s a couple with two small children to do?

Protect the children is the only answer.

BDU-33 on July 24, 2013 at 8:44 PM

What if he has to legitimately defend himself again?

What then?

Both families are right for laying low.

wolly4321 on July 24, 2013 at 8:45 PM

The reason he stayed is because he felt safe. Only in the Cult of White Victimhood, is Zimmerman in danger of his life. People are angry at the justice system. Nobody is wasting time on looking for his a$$.

BTW, why did he felt the need to publicize what every other human being in that position would have done?
The family rightly denied him the opportunity. Nobody wants to be used to glamorize a killer.

Salahuddin on July 24, 2013 at 8:45 PM

Zimmerman is an awesome dude, who just got awesomer.

Give him back his gun already.

sentinelrules on July 24, 2013 at 8:09 PM

Zimmerman voted for Obama so he isn’t that great.

bw222 on July 24, 2013 at 8:46 PM

Trollcott ?

burrata on July 24, 2013 at 8:47 PM

ExpressoBold on July 24, 2013 at 8:39 PM

He called me “dipshite” the other night. I sobbed uncontrollably for hours. I may have to go to therapy it was so upsetting.

Oldnuke on July 24, 2013 at 8:47 PM

crrr6 on July 24, 2013 at 8:20 PM

That’s my personal favorite conceal-carry weapon too. I really hope that this is what GZ is carrying now. 3,000fps muzzle velocity, virtually no recoil, and enough firepower to either sweep the street with 20-round magazines or punch out a two-inch group at 25 yards.

Wish the ammo hadn’t gotten too rare and expensive to take it to the range for an afternoon.

Harbingeing on July 24, 2013 at 8:47 PM

Zimmerman voted for Obama so he isn’t that great.

bw222 on July 24, 2013 at 8:46 PM

He just did that to prove he wasn’t a racist.

Harbingeing on July 24, 2013 at 8:49 PM

More victims of the hate filled and racist Obama/Holder/Sharpton lynch mob.

VorDaj on July 24, 2013 at 8:44 PM

More victims of the BGI (Black Grievance Industry) here:

78-Year-Old Man Inundated With Death Threats After The George Zimmerman Verdict

What country is this?!?!

abobo on July 24, 2013 at 8:12 PM

Certainly not the one I’ve known since my childhood. And it’s only getting worse.

GrannyDee on July 24, 2013 at 8:49 PM

Both Barack Obama, even though he is at least 1/2 white, and Eric Holder, even though he looks at least 3/4 white, are pro-black racists. Both of them clearly believe that in any confrontation if someone is not black they should have much less rights and they are of much less value than a black person, even if the black person is trying to do them great bodily harm, even murder them at the time. I do not see how anything could be clearer and I believe this to be beyond logical dispute. At the same time if an innocent black person is murdered, even brutally, as long as it’s by another black person neither Obama nor Holder cares in the least, so their racism is actually not so much pro-black racism as it is anti non-black racism

Further, I think there is very likely some variation of Munchhausen by Proxy (which is considered by the medical profession to be a very serious mental illness) going on with both Obama and Holder. I am rather surprised that I have never seen or heard anyone mention this observation before as if you just stop and even briefly think about it, it fits so very well as a diagnosis. A very disturbed mother with Munchhausen by Proxy will pretend that her child is very sick, and even take action to make the child very sick if needed, to get attention and admiration for herself and possibly also to gain power and maybe even money. At the same time she otherwise actually cares little for the child, maybe well nothing. This is essentially what Obama and Holder have done, and done repeatedly, with each of them in the position of the disturbed mother with the latest black person of opportunity, and sometimes the whole of the black race, serving as a substitute for the child.

Of course, both Obama and Holder have so many pathological disturbances: Racial Munchhausen by Proxy (RMBP), pyromania, narcissism, power madness, that it would be difficult even for even the world’s greatest psychoanalyst, living or dead, to sort them all apart and weight them against each other. In any case, I must say in conclusion that history has repeatedly and harshly proven that elevating anything even close to such a profoundly disturbed man to the highest office in any country is always a terrible idea. Unfortunately it seems to be a hard and costly lesson that must be learned first hand in most nations and some of those nations survive and some do not. And I think that I have another appointment. I certainly hope so as this is all so very depressing seeing what is happening to America. I would like to stay here, but for the sake of brevity I must leave. I do want to thank you, and I want to thank America’s Founding Fathers for all the sacrifices they made however much they now seem to have been in vain.

Sigmund on July 24, 2013 at 8:52 PM

Reminiscent of the juror who wanted to write about the trial. Got cold feet, fast. So what’s the larger effect? In Cincinnati, after the 2001 riots from a white cop shooting a black kid, the cops backed off, and dozens more black kids died in the next few years. At least they weren’t killed by whites.

So, less neighborhood watch? Fewer eyes on suspicious characters in the neighborhood? More empowerment of black youths to act as criminals? Obama would have “more police training”, which would lead to more tentative policing. More lawsuits.

When people become afraid, then those causing the fear will win.

Paul-Cincy on July 24, 2013 at 8:54 PM

Family was probably afraid of being portrayed as gay rapists and then having a can of “azz-whoopin” opened on them. Probably weren’t “blood people”, so they didn’t that’s what they deserved.

oldroy on July 24, 2013 at 8:55 PM

I may have to go to therapy it was so upsetting.

Oldnuke on July 24, 2013 at 8:47 PM

I feel your pain, buddy, I really do. We have to circle the wagons and protect coldwarrior so he won’t experience the trauma you did.

ExpressoBold on July 24, 2013 at 8:56 PM

Superman would go into hiding in this America…

Electrongod on July 24, 2013 at 8:04 PM

Yes, Superman would. He would be crucified by the PC police thugs.

petefrt on July 24, 2013 at 8:56 PM

This is such a golden opportunity for Obama to explain the difference between what is true and what is false, and to encourage people to embrace what’s true. Sadly, he’s pushing lies instead.

/Epic failure

Paul-Cincy on July 24, 2013 at 8:57 PM

I’m not sure prison wouldn’t have been safer for Zimmerman.

You’ve led a very sheltered life if you really believe that, AP. Maybe you don’t know who actually runs the prisons?

Knott Buyinit on July 24, 2013 at 8:58 PM

Yes, Superman would. He would be crucified by the PC police thugs.

petefrt on July 24, 2013 at 8:56 PM

And, of course, they’d insist that he be called “Superperson.”

TXUS on July 24, 2013 at 9:00 PM

/Epic failure

Paul-Cincy on July 24, 2013 at 8:57 PM

Wait, what??!!??

O-Bozo pushes lies?

OH NOES!!!! Say it isn’t true.

GrannyDee on July 24, 2013 at 9:00 PM

It’s because of POS American cowards like this guy that we’re in the fix we’re in.

This is why they’re winning.

You can’t thank the man who saved your life because you’re afraid of “blowback”? What country do you want to live in? This guy has decided.

rrpjr on July 24, 2013 at 9:01 PM

Salahuddin on July 24, 2013 at 8:45 PM

Did you even read any of the above article?

anuts on July 24, 2013 at 9:01 PM

ExpressoBold on July 24, 2013 at 8:56 PM

And take the fun out of it?

coldwarrior on July 24, 2013 at 9:02 PM

Salahuddin on July 24, 2013 at 8:45 PM

Dude, do the world a favor and reenact the GZ-TM confrontation with yourself.

RavingLunatic on July 24, 2013 at 9:03 PM

You want to thank him? Pull a shift or two watching out for his family.

Christien on July 24, 2013 at 8:10 PM

Amen to that. My hat is off to him for truly Standing His Ground.

katy the mean old lady on July 24, 2013 at 9:04 PM

to paraphrase glenn Reynolds – “they told me if I voted for mitt Romney racists mobs would roam the streets hunting down those who disagree w/ them”

chasdal on July 24, 2013 at 9:05 PM

Seems like the plot of “The Fugitive”.

Count to 10 on July 24, 2013 at 8:32 PM

At least 2 full episodes. David Janssen went through a lifetime of conflict every episode. An assault, a near death experience, a car crash … it was always something.

Paul-Cincy on July 24, 2013 at 9:05 PM

Salahuddin on July 24, 2013 at 8:45 PM

Ignoramus.
You don’t have 1/1,000,000 the chivalry and honor that your pseudonymous namesake had. You embarrass the name of Salahuddin and his remaining family. They will come looking for you.

ExpressoBold on July 24, 2013 at 9:05 PM

BTW, why did he felt [feel] the need to publicize what every other human being in that position would have done?

Salahuddin on July 24, 2013 at 8:45 PM

Don’t give us that crap. Trayvon Martin either would not have even stopped or if he did it would only have been to rob that man and woman and their two children. If any had resisted, including the children, he would have punched them repeatedly.

VorDaj on July 24, 2013 at 9:06 PM

obama, the national oaf in chief, struck out.

He could have been a leader, alas.

Schadenfreude on July 24, 2013 at 9:08 PM

From what I’ve read, non-blacks, especially whites have been putting up with much worse in Africa, especially Zimbabwe and the Republic of South Africa for decades…all the time with most of the violence being blacks against blacks.

We’re just getting a taste of what it’s like to live in a once prosperous country run by Leftist, racist thugs that use political correctness and revenge for past injustices as an ongoing political and economic truncheon.

Who woulda thunk that we would end up being like Rhodesia and South Africa? In fact, we helped a great deal through sanctions and political pressure.

But our attitude over here for too many was that it wasn’t any of our business or outright elation that Washington was helping to bring the black leftists to power over the whites. Liberals here never heard of tribes I suppose, and believe that all races everywhere get along just dandy except in the U.S. of A.

Yet again we’re getting a healthy dose of what we collectively deserve for not speaking up and being only concerned about our personal prosperity and entertainment.

Dr. ZhivBlago on July 24, 2013 at 9:10 PM

He would be safer in Kabul or Syria.

docflash on July 24, 2013 at 8:25 PM

Welcome to Bangladesh…but don’t ever aim for equality. MLK died for nothing.

Schadenfreude on July 24, 2013 at 9:10 PM

Salahuddin on July 24, 2013 at 8:45 PM

Mars, meet the equivalent of Jeantel.

Schadenfreude on July 24, 2013 at 9:11 PM

Just to keep things in perspective: For all the hyperventilating on this site about Zimmerman’s safety, there is very little (perhaps no) evidence that he is in any real danger.

And of course, he’s much safer than the unarmed boy he stalked and killed. Yet there is very little concern over that boy’s safety around these parts.

righty45 on July 24, 2013 at 9:12 PM

So much stupidity in all things Zimmerman here at HotAir. A few facts for you to consider.

Angela Corey charged Georges wife Shellie with felony perjury over her testimony about available funds for Georges bail. Her trial is scheduled for August 21st in the same courthouse.

So unless George wants to separate from his wife he cannot leave the county or have a firearm in the home until the charges are dropped or she is found not guilty. If she is found guilty and sentenced to home confinement then George could be unarmed as long as he is married to her.

meci on July 24, 2013 at 9:12 PM

crrr6 on July 24, 2013 at 8:20 PM

I carried its “daddy”, the FN P90, for years, a fine weapon, which I still own. But when I upgraded to the Five-seveN, I could not have been happier. Lightweight, low recoil, and capable of a multi-mag.

An excellent pistol for anyone who carries, even with a basic mag. A Kel-Tec is okay, but kind of clunky, certainly not the piece of choice for someone needing to go quick from draw to hammer.

TXUS on July 24, 2013 at 9:15 PM

Seems like the plot of “The Fugitive”.

Count to 10 on July 24, 2013 at 8:32 PM

Paul-Cincy on July 24, 2013 at 9:05 PM

To continue the comparison, Richard Kimble would always work to help those in trouble, even while he was in trouble himself. Sometimes it was really quite touching. Because there’s nothing that touches the human heart more than one person sacrificing himself for another. “Greater love has no one than this, that one lay down his life for his friends.”

George Zimmerman … from all evidence, he did work to help others, regardless of his personal situation. And then, after the trial, helping someone in a car crash, while his life is in shambles … very Richard Kimbleesque. And now, he’s hated.

Paul-Cincy on July 24, 2013 at 9:16 PM

righty45 on July 24, 2013 at 9:12 PM

The ‘boy’ (violent drug-dealing thug) stalked Zimmerman and attempted to murder him. Martin was at his home and returned to attack Zimmerman. Martin got exactly what he deserved.

sharrukin on July 24, 2013 at 9:17 PM

Schadenfreude on July 24, 2013 at 9:08 PM

Not a word from Obama about the mass killings in Chicago…Obama’s home town.

Once the White House could be used as a bully pulpit, as Teddy Roosevelt would say. Make a case, take a moral stand, explain it to the citizens, march on. Not this pandering, the blatant racism, that spews from the current White House.

“Lot’s a Black folk”…as Obama says, too often…like Americans, professionals, engineers, doctors, scientists, and just plain citizens who are trying to make a living, raise their kids, and make a mortgage, who are Black, all of them just found out about Emancipation or something…dumb freed men who need somebody to lead them around.

coldwarrior on July 24, 2013 at 9:18 PM

righty45 on July 24, 2013 at 9:12 PM

Go ahead…believe that if you must…but it is all a load of crap.

coldwarrior on July 24, 2013 at 9:19 PM

I’m not sure prison wouldn’t have been safer for Zimmerman.

No way.

novaculus on July 24, 2013 at 9:19 PM

righty45 on July 24, 2013 at 9:12 PM

His safety? What are you talking about. He’s dead. And for what it’s worth, the jury said Zimmerman shot him to defend himself from deadly force. That doesn’t put “the unarmed boy” in a very good light. Being unarmed and carrying skittles doesn’t mean you can’t kill someone.

Paul-Cincy on July 24, 2013 at 9:19 PM

Make a case, take a moral stand

coldwarrior on July 24, 2013 at 9:18 PM

This is what bothers me most about Obama here. Wasting his moral capital in such a conspicuous way.

Paul-Cincy on July 24, 2013 at 9:22 PM

There should have never even been a trial. Why aren’t there prominent R’s coming forward to point that out, loudly and repeatedly?

Now a family that wanted to come forward to say Zimmerman helped them escape their vehicle after a serious accident is so intimidated they decide they must not, out of fear for their own and their children’s safety.

While thug wannabe Trayvon Martin is canonized.

How disgusting, rotten, sick, and contemptible is all that?

This is what has come from decades of appeasing the black grievance industry.

Meanwhile in Chicago another dozen or more blacks were gunned down by other blacks in the past week.

And here on HA we get…

The racism and hypocrisy is so intense. Oh well…..We are just going to keep organizing.

libfreeordie on July 22, 2013 at 8:26 AM

And…

There’s always been a white supremacist element among some of the posters around here…. but going after grieving parents? Intense.

libfreeordie on July 22, 2013 at 8:18 AM

farsighted on July 24, 2013 at 9:23 PM

And of course, he’s much safer than the unarmed boy he stalked and killed.

righty45 on July 24, 2013 at 9:12 PM

You are a disgusting liar. Zimmerman did not stalk Martin. Martin stalked Zimmerman and tried to murder him and this is per the prosecution’s own witness that Martin was on top of Zimmerman beating his head “MMA style” for tens of seconds while Zimmerman cried out for help. Most people in the position of Zimmerman would have shot much sooner and emptied the gun into that piece of crap.

VorDaj on July 24, 2013 at 9:24 PM

farsighted on July 24, 2013 at 9:23 PM

Martin’s parents are on TV saying they’re going to fight. Fight, fight, fight. Isn’t that what got us where we are now? How about we pause the fighting for a little while.

Paul-Cincy on July 24, 2013 at 9:26 PM

libfreeordie on July 22, 2013 at 8:18 AM

They are counting their money.

VorDaj on July 24, 2013 at 9:26 PM

righty45 on July 24, 2013 at 9:12 PM

Yeah, that’s why an innocent family of four rescued from a an overturned vehicle can’t make a public statement thanking GZ for possibly their lives.

antipc on July 24, 2013 at 9:26 PM

Well, NO, prison would not have been safer.

But I wouldn’t run. I’d be damned if they’d force me out.

BKeyser on July 24, 2013 at 9:27 PM

possibly (insert “saving” here) their lives.

antipc on July 24, 2013 at 9:28 PM

The new spin: Zimmerman shoots black people and rescues white people.

It’s time whites start standing up to these black race hustlers. Look at Detroit (AKA Obamagrad)–black mayors for the last 39 years. Not a white in sight.

MaiDee on July 24, 2013 at 9:28 PM

righty45 on July 24, 2013 at 9:12 PM

Deny facts, evidence, and testimony. Deny logic and reason. Deny reality.

Then replace it all with lies, untruths, and falsehoods. Repeat them all loudly and often. Then screech and scream “racism” as loudly and as often as possible.

It’s the Orwellian way, and the way of the Left in the USSA.

farsighted on July 24, 2013 at 9:31 PM

If I was George, I’d be visiting the family in Peru.

ProfShadow on July 24, 2013 at 9:31 PM

When the righteous prosper, the people rejoice, but when the wicked rule, the people groan. -Prov 29:2

paul1149 on July 24, 2013 at 9:31 PM

All the more reason why that pesky Second Amendment needs to be defended from the Eric Holder’s and Barack Obama’s who would dismantle it….except for hunting and doing skeet.

I hope it does not, but if it does blow all to hell…there are going to be a lot of “folks” pretty darned amazed at the number of citizens who are armed, trained, coordinated and willing to defend themselves, their families, their homes, and if it comes to that, this Nation. Three of my five kids are armed, and trained…and understand that responsibility. The other two will be soon enough.

coldwarrior on July 24, 2013 at 9:32 PM

righty45 on July 24, 2013 at 9:12 PM

Unarmed? You’ve got to be kidding or maybe you’re just snarking here. The only “unarmed” assailant you’ll ever meet is someone who has no arms, as in those things attached to your shoulders and have hands on the other end of them.

If someone has arms/hands and catches someone off guard, they become weapons themselves. And, if you can get the opponent on the ground and his head on concrete, hey, that concrete’s not a bad weapon at all.

Go sell crazy to someone else.

TXUS on July 24, 2013 at 9:32 PM

And the Detroit city council maintains its focus on solving its problems, passing a resolution asking the DOJ to pursue charges against George Zimmerman.

d1carter on July 24, 2013 at 9:33 PM

Integrity is knowing the difference between right and wrong, doing the right thing every time. Those people suck! Cowards. What people MIGHT do, has kept them from telling the truth. Fear is a powerful tool of the left to keep the truth from being told. There is no question this family has no backbone. Next time the Zimmermans of the world need not save these cowards.

Zelsdorf Ragshaft on July 24, 2013 at 9:33 PM

Obama promised that he was gonna fundamentally transform america. This is yet another example.

Jack_Burton on July 24, 2013 at 9:37 PM

Zelsdorf Ragshaft on July 24, 2013 at 9:33 PM

Dead right. Chickensh*t people and a disgrace to their forbears.

rrpjr on July 24, 2013 at 9:37 PM