Habemus Babam

posted at 4:41 pm on July 22, 2013 by Allahpundit

If you think Ed’s the only blogger here who’s going to milk this “news” for a cheapie post then you don’t know Hot Air, my friends.

Eight pounds, six ounces. No name yet, but I shall call him Reginald, Viscount of Sandwich.

The baby’s name may be announced when the family leaves the hospital, CNN royal correspondent Max Foster reported. Prince William’s name was announced a few days after birth, his brother Harry’s on departure from hospital.

Some British parents have delayed naming their newborns in recent days in hopes of either copying or avoiding the royal name, he said.

British bookmakers favor the names Alexandra, Charlotte, Elizabeth, Victoria, Grace, James and George. The field is open for both boys’ and girls’ names because royal sources said the parents did not want to know their child’s sex in advance…

Protocol dictates that the first to know about the arrival of the baby would have been Queen Elizabeth II, Prime Minister David Cameron and the governors general of each of the Commonwealth nations — along with the rest of the royal and Middleton families.

Given the longevity of the Windsors and the number of people in front of him in line to the throne, young Reginald won’t get close to power until long after both the U.S. and UK have collapsed and dissolved into warlord-ruled fiefdoms. God save the king liege and his protectorate of Surrey, Kent, the Sussexes, and what used to be known as London.

By the way, if you’re thinking this isn’t really news, let me give you three reasons why it is. One: It’s an economic stimulus. Hundreds of millions will be spent on royal schlock, certainly in the UK if not in the U.S. as well. If you’re looking for a little goose to the European economy, there you go. Two: The media’s inane oversaturated coverage is perfect cover for the White House and other institutions to dump damaging news of their own. If O’s been waiting for the right moment to let slip that the DOJ won’t be charging Zimmerman after all, now’s the time. And three: If there’s any justice in the world, any shred of good taste left in the American public, we’ll hire our own town crier to announce big state news. All we need is the costume. We’ve already got the perfect guy for the job.

Visit NBCNews.com for breaking news, world news, and news about the economy

Update: When you’re a royal, you’re asked to clear a low bar.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2

Photo: Crews spray Southwest flight that bottomed out pulling into La Guardia gate – Porter Farrell via @BudKennedy

11 mins ago from twitter.com/BudKennedy by editor

================================================================

canopfor on July 22, 2013 at 6:24 PM

Can’t wait to hear what the pilots names are… :)

JetBoy on July 22, 2013 at 6:37 PM

Not to be outdone, Obama tweeted a pic of himself today holding (gasp!) a white baby going full Geraldo.

Liam on July 22, 2013 at 5:07 PM

Couldn’t help myself…

Fallon on July 22, 2013 at 6:44 PM

If I had a son I’d be sure he didn’t look British

DarkCurrent on July 22, 2013 at 6:25 PM

Um, nothing wrong with some male Brits…

Fallon on July 22, 2013 at 6:49 PM

What’s really interesting is that the baby’s weight is listed in pounds and ounces on the Daily Mail website. It’s a sign that metric measure isn’t as deeply emplaced in Britain after all these years as one might have thought.

[I've also seen adult weight measured in "stone" on the BBC site, which is another interesting finding.]

unclesmrgol on July 22, 2013 at 6:56 PM

I’ll bet Jackson, Sharpton, Holder and Obama are furious that a rich Limey cracka hijacked the news cycle.

After weekend TV viewership, which is low, I bet they expected big Monday coverage of thr Trayvon rallies.

Wethal on July 22, 2013 at 7:01 PM

No name yet, but I shall call him Reginald, Viscount of Sandwich.

*Groan* See…this is why I hate my given name…being an ACTUAL white hispanic (60+% mexican but lily white thanks to my Mexican/Polish/German mom) I tell people the only “Reginald”s you hear about are either black ball players or stuffy English lords.

Rogue on July 22, 2013 at 7:04 PM

When I saw that dude all dressed up from the 16th century I had a bad flashback to a medieval fair I once attended.

OliverB on July 22, 2013 at 7:04 PM

I think that the young Prince’s name should be Chad.

OliverB on July 22, 2013 at 7:05 PM

Wow! A news story about the birth of a legitimate baby!

When was the last time that happened?

Wander on July 22, 2013 at 7:05 PM

Can’t wait to hear what the pilots names are… :)

JetBoy on July 22, 2013 at 6:37 PM

Johnny Dangerous and Nate Skidmoore.

arnold ziffel on July 22, 2013 at 7:10 PM

Actually, if you want to split hairs (and make a few liberals’ heads explode), it’s:

Habemus FETUS!

CurtZHP on July 22, 2013 at 4:49 PM

Good to see that somebody paid attention during Latin class!

LOL!

wren on July 22, 2013 at 7:10 PM

Habemus FETUS!

CurtZHP on July 22, 2013 at 4:49 PM

Actually, it isn’t. A fetus is an unborn baby. A newborn baby is an “infans -ntis” — a noun of intederminate gender.

So it would be “Habemus infantem!” — or, if you want to be specific about the sex of the newborn baby use an adjective of the proper gender, such as “Habemus bellum infantem!”

unclesmrgol on July 22, 2013 at 7:29 PM

If I had a son I’d be sure he didn’t look British

DarkCurrent on July 22, 2013 at 6:25 PM

My brothers are extremely attractive and they have all of the pearly whites.

Resist We Much on July 22, 2013 at 7:31 PM

After the way Obama has treated our most treasured ally, Great Britain, I’m guessing that they might name the new Prince, George of Cambridge, in honor of the King over us at the beginning. Also, the name George does have a more contemporary reference, as in George W., the 43rd POTUS, a fitting middle finger back at Obama.

TXUS on July 22, 2013 at 7:33 PM

Oops, I screwed up. According to Bradley’s Arnold, the adjective follows the noun, as in

Habemus infantem bellum!

unclesmrgol on July 22, 2013 at 7:37 PM

If I had a son I’d be sure he didn’t look British

DarkCurrent on July 22, 2013 at 6:25 PM

Last I checked, China doesn’t exactly produce the world’s best looking men, either.

Good Solid B-Plus on July 22, 2013 at 7:50 PM

You mean “Viscount of Sammich.”

Snaqwels on July 22, 2013 at 8:34 PM

Something about a pile of crap…?

coldwarrior on July 22, 2013 at 5:59 PM

“I don’t give a sheite.”

The Rogue Tomato on July 23, 2013 at 9:01 AM

I think it’s really nice to have so many people HAPPY about the birth of a baby and talking about it instead of killing millions of unborn babies like we heard during the past several weeks.

Also, Prince William and Prince Harry are good guys who are serious about their military responsibilities instead of shirking them like most of the rich, famous, and political. They do a lot of good in the world through their support of numerous charities, you don’t see Michelle Obama out there doing what the royals do. They fund raise for charities constantly – actively participating in Wounded Warrior competitions, polo games, and more. It’s nice to see them growing up into fine young men and moving on to the next step of their lives.

I also like how they don’t have entourages like celebrities in the US. Today, Prince William installed the baby’s car seat, then drove them home. No butler, no body guards, no anyone, just them.

Common Sense on July 23, 2013 at 11:21 PM