Harris-Perry: Detroit is “what it looks like when government is small enough to drown”

posted at 4:01 pm on July 20, 2013 by Erika Johnsen

This cannot be real life. Tell me this is not real life.

We can talk about the microstory of Detroit, but it seems to me that Detroit, as always, is standing for all kinds of things about America. In the case of Detroit, the reason that the tax base has become so small is because a loss of population, right? So folks out, they are not there to pay the taxes on the homes and the kind of deterioration is what you see in the numbers you’ve suggested. But this lack of tax base is also exactly the kind of thing that many Republicans would impose on us, even when our cities have sufficient populations, even when our communities have sufficient populations. This is what it looks like when government is small enough to drown in your bathtub, and it is not a pretty picture.

Okay… so, let’s go ahead and get this straight. Detroit has been a bastion of All Thing Progressive for decades, with the government and its pension funds and etcetera spending themselves into oblivion while residents have been fleeing the accompanying signs of economic and social depreciation — which effectively worsened the problem of too much government spending by shrinking the available tax base and cutting into revenue — all of which has finally led to the inevitable conclusion of Detroit’s fiscal ruin.

Despite this entirely liberal achievement, Harris-Perry tries to use the example of Detroit to criticize Republicans for… wanting to lower taxes? I think? As in, Republicans would shrink the tax base by lowering taxes, and thereby worsen the problems of governments that cannot cover their own expenses, and really what we should be doing is just growing the government and increasing taxes everywhere, all the time. I suppose the idea of — oh, I don’t know — the government spending less, and not making promises that it can’t afford to keep, and people instead using more private-sector, free-market means and reaping the benefits of the subsequent economic growth, isn’t an option, then? Are we not doing that?

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3

Harris-Perry is proof that even the dumbest slug can succeed through affirmative action. I sometimes wonder with libs whether they are truly that empty-headed or just pathological liars.

Southernblogger on July 20, 2013 at 5:09 PM

Would she have advanced to where she is today if she were white?

Del Dolemonte on July 20, 2013 at 5:18 PM

Linky is for Weigel’s inane tweet.

mwbri on July 20, 2013 at 5:19 PM

Here is Weigel’s tweet:

mwbri on July 20, 2013 at 5:20 PM

One more time (sorry):

twitter.com/daveweigel/status/358319855306420224

mwbri on July 20, 2013 at 5:21 PM

She’s right, if you think about it.

How many Republicans (McCain, Graham, Snowe, and others come immediately to mind) would force us to accept Democrats in power of all branches of government forever, like in Detroit?

bobcalco on July 20, 2013 at 5:25 PM

Would she have advanced to where she is today if she were white?

Del Dolemonte on July 20, 2013 at 5:18 PM

She would still have gender bias working for her.

dogsoldier on July 20, 2013 at 5:29 PM

For the progressive / jacobin ideologue, the argument they always make when faced with the utter moral, ethical, social, and fiscal bankruptcy of their agenda is that the failure came from mistakes in the implementation….

…either those who implemented it were incompetent or they were prevented from implementing it as thoroughly or completely as desired.

This MSNBC tool is just continuing that fallacy.

The real reason for the bankruptcy of Detroit is that the progressive agenda is a morally, ethically, socially, and fiscally bankrupt agenda.

Athos on July 20, 2013 at 5:31 PM

As absurd as her proclamation is, Liberals will eat it up.

Liberalism is a mental disorder.

IslandLibertarian on July 20, 2013 at 5:33 PM

Clearly, her ideal government would be strong enough to prevent people from leaving.

AshleyTKing on July 20, 2013 at 5:33 PM

As I note earlier in the thread, she has a white mother but refuses to call herself bi-racial. So basically she believes her mother never existed. That is scary.

Del Dolemonte on July 20, 2013 at 5:14 PM

She’s lapping up the vomit of early 20th century Tennessee & Virginia racists for all it’s worth.

ebrown2 on July 20, 2013 at 5:34 PM

Would she have advanced to where she is today if she were white?

Del Dolemonte on July 20, 2013 at 5:18 PM

She would still have gender bias working for her.

In the majority of the lamestream media, to be successful, one has to be a) a progressive ideologue, b) criminally incompetent or c) criminally negligent (which is part and parcel of item a).

Being a minority female is just icing on the cake for the national network of race baiting….MSDNC.

Athos on July 20, 2013 at 5:34 PM

Would she have advanced to where she is today if she were white?

Del Dolemonte on July 20, 2013 at 5:18 PM

Would she have made it to where she is today if she wasn’t black and a female?

ScottiesRule on July 20, 2013 at 5:38 PM

Would she have advanced to where she is today if she were white?

Del Dolemonte on July 20, 2013 at 5:18 PM

She would still have gender bias working for her.

dogsoldier on July 20, 2013 at 5:29 PM

As well as academic bias due to her father (whose she at least acknowledges does exist, because of his skin color) who was a high ranking academic (Dean of Afro-American Affairs at the University of Virginia).

Del Dolemonte on July 20, 2013 at 5:42 PM

Del Dolemonte on July 20, 2013 at 5:14 PM

So essentially Harris-Perry is a white black.

darwin on July 20, 2013 at 5:58 PM

Jeebus…. difficult to get this scrunt to understand something when her job depends on not understanding it. See darling…. the problem with spending other people’s money….. is sooner or latter ….ya run out of other people’s money to spend.

roflmmfao

donabernathy on July 20, 2013 at 6:04 PM

Okay I watched it again. I know, but I thought I heard her utter a line from “The Matrix” and reviewed in hopes of an “aha” moment. They’re entitled to their opinion but the facts come with the red pill. Alas no utterance, but I do have to say I know think she’s actually the creepy ass cracker in this short not Howard D.
Too I’m becoming pretty sure Biden is the smart one in the Obama Biden standup we’ve been privileged to as an administration. I know usually its the straight man but I don’t think so this time. Though he too qualifies as a c.a.c.
Well… all of them actually. Dean, Barry, Joe, Harris-Perry. Why discriminate now? They are what they are.

onomo on July 20, 2013 at 6:06 PM

What else would you expect from a communist?

She should return to wherever her ancestors are from and preach how people belong to the collective. I’m sure she’ll get a very warm welcome….NOT.

newjerseypatriot on July 20, 2013 at 6:12 PM

Del Dolemonte on July 20, 2013 at 5:14 PM

So essentially Harris-Perry is a white black.

darwin on July 20, 2013 at 5:58 PM

you aren’t black. You wouldn’t understand where the President was coming from.

nonpartisan on July 20, 2013 at 9:10 AM

Del Dolemonte on July 20, 2013 at 6:13 PM

This is why we need a national divorce. These people are sick in the head and will never accept reality, even when they create conditions that will be optimal for the next great plague. They are the definition of insane.

njrob on July 20, 2013 at 6:15 PM

I’ve watched her a little bit and she has referred to her “kids being with their father….” and this morning I thought I heard her speak of a deceased child. I was interested in her primarily because she taught at Tulane but I guess she was picked up by some East Coast school or something….and she always used to tout New Orleans, shame.

Marcus on July 20, 2013 at 6:17 PM

This woman, and everything she represents, is why I will never give another penny to my alma mater (and her employer), Tulane University.

Oh, open your wallet because that was a while back. She’s actually at Princeton now I think.

Marcus on July 20, 2013 at 6:21 PM

Her asinine point is that if you can force people to stay in place and do and pay what they are told then socialism will work.

gwelf on July 20, 2013 at 6:22 PM

I guess ROME burned because Government & taxes were too small as well..smh http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tu4JHMEoC6I

jaboba on July 20, 2013 at 6:22 PM

I’m surprised that Harris-Perry isn’t “calling a spade a spade.”

Detroit’s demise is “white flight” and there is no getting around that. There are multiple urban cities in the mid-west that are not on the brink of bankruptcy and they never relied on the auto industry for stable growth and a lasting tax base. Indianapolis comes to mind as one, and it is in fairly good financial shape. There have been occasions when urban crime was getting out of hand, but people got together, both white and black, and clamped down on the troublemakers. Urban growth is actually taking place within the city boundaries of Indianapolis. That is to say that many older buildings are being renovated and inhabited by people of all colors and races. Newly constructed, high-priced condominiums and apartments are springing up everywhere. I am not sure how long it will last. It really will depend upon the political landscape and the resolve of citizens to fight crime and corruption wherever it occurs.

The declining population and tax base in Detroit is because of high crime, irreconcilable cultural differences and the refusal of most white people to sit back, relax and take it on the chin, or worse, in the name of diversity. Detroit has been managed, or should I say, mismanaged for years by corrupt democrats, a contempt for the whites that paid the higher property taxes, and by black politicians. Should anyone be surprised at the outcome. This is the national conversation that needs to take place. I, for one, will never accept what I see as the cultural rot of both whites and blacks in this country. I will run from it every opportunity I get.

metroryder on July 20, 2013 at 6:24 PM

People like this should be rounded up and confined to their own little area.

trigon on July 20, 2013 at 4:39 PM

They already have. It’s called Academia. And they run their economy by charging you a fortune to “educate” your children, and then asking Uncle Sam for handouts (read: grant money) to make up the difference.

JimLennon on July 20, 2013 at 4:48 PM

Sorry, but if she can charge me anything or have any interaction with me at all, then she isn’t confined enough. I want these clowns out of my life. Their insanity needs to be observed from a distance for the edification of the salvageable and the young.

trigon on July 20, 2013 at 6:25 PM

We live in backwards world. It was a fun game as a child, now it is down right scary.

petunia on July 20, 2013 at 6:26 PM

Marcus on July 20, 2013 at 6:17 PM

She’s actually at Princeton now I think.

Marcus on July 20, 2013 at 6:21 PM

According to her wiki page she is currently at Tulane. Before that (2006-2010) she was at Princeton and before that (1999-2005) she taught at the (drum roll) University of Chicago.

Del Dolemonte on July 20, 2013 at 6:27 PM

Who the hell wants to live in a war zone. Oh I forgot there were 12 killed and 60 wounded in Chicago for the 4 days of July 4th weekend, but Obama didn`t mention that as a problem consistent with black violence in all the major Democratic cities. When you have the political Union corruption that Detroit has what do you expect other than deadly erosion of people and city

HAGGS99 on July 20, 2013 at 6:28 PM

She’s trying to play both sides of the chicken or the egg coming first argument to Big.Govs favor. Except it would be the fox or the empty hen house coming first that needs to be explained.

Decades of liberal rule… even during the boom years… and now bankruptcy. Easy as pie to see the cause and effect.

BTW… I’d call her dumb as a box of rocks… but I like rocks.

RalphyBoy on July 20, 2013 at 6:29 PM

You guys just Don’t Get It.

The Rich Abandoned the Poor in Detroit.
…Robert Reich

All those Rich Cities run by Republicans, the one’s with lower taxes and economic prosperity, aren’t sharing that prosperity with Detroit – So, Clearly, the Republicans Imposed this situation on Detroit by Shrinking their Governments and Lowering Taxes and not Paying their Fair Share to Detroit.

/sarc

jaydee_007 on July 20, 2013 at 6:30 PM

Harris-Perry method of building thriving cities:
1: Build a massive local government that runs everything.
2. Ensure every private and public job is unionized with outrageous pay, benefits and exquisite retirement packages.
3. Only allow corrupt democrats to run the government.
4. Tax the living crap out of everything.
5. Promise people you’ll take care of them and hand out taxpayer goodies.
6. Blame Republicans.
7. Move to another city and start step one.
darwin on July 20, 2013 at 4:55 PM

If you take her seriously step 7 is build a wall to keep people from leaving and enact a police state to control the populace.

gwelf on July 20, 2013 at 6:31 PM

They are both smart cookies…

OliverB on July 20, 2013 at 4:34 PM

Well, yes, if you mean the kind that come in a box from the grocery store… inanimate objects, yes… they are smart for that.

petunia on July 20, 2013 at 6:33 PM

I wonder, if there were the equivalent of a ‘Stand Your Ground’ law for politics, maybe all the Tax Paying 2/3 of the population wouldn’t have retreated to safety from being robbed.

jaydee_007 on July 20, 2013 at 6:34 PM

Del Dolemonte on July 20, 2013 at 6:27 PM

How odd! I guess Msnbc is more impressed by Princeton because that’s where they say she is a Professor when they identify her.

Marcus on July 20, 2013 at 6:40 PM

Marcus on July 20, 2013 at 6:40 PM

Tulane is in the South. In MSDNC’s universe, that makes it not really a university at all…

trigon on July 20, 2013 at 6:47 PM

Del Dolemonte on July 20, 2013 at 6:27 PM

Marcus on July 20, 2013 at 6:40 PM

From her wiki page:

Harris-Perry was Associate Professor of Politics and African American Studies at Princeton University from 2006 to 2010, leaving after being denied a full professorship due to such factors as her lack of scholarly work.

From NJ.com:

Harris-Perry sought a full professorship within the center. It was denied, said Glaude, because of “questions about her work and an assessment of where she is” in her career.

Stranger than truth: While at Princeton one of her academic colleagues was…Cornell West.

Del Dolemonte on July 20, 2013 at 6:49 PM

She rather glibly ignores the fact that Detroit hemorrhaged 2/3rd’s of it’s population. She never wonders why people chose to do so.

And she parrots the liberal lie that spending any less than we do now (and say return to 2007 or even Bill Clinton spending levels) will ruin society.

gwelf on July 20, 2013 at 6:50 PM

I am sure that the Tulane Business School and Murphy Institute of Political Economy are very, very proud.

EastofEden on July 20, 2013 at 6:50 PM

State & County QuickFacts

Detroit (city), Michigan

Black or African American alone, percent, 2010 (a) 82.7%

The News reviewed more than 200,000 pages of tax documents and found that 47 percent of the city’s taxable parcels are delinquent on their 2011 bills. Some $246.5 million in taxes and fees went uncollected…

Delinquency is so pervasive that 77 blocks had only one owner who paid taxes last year, The News found.

Sorry, you were saying?

rogerb on July 20, 2013 at 6:51 PM

This is why I’ve quit watching the news. I used to be a news junkie, but it has become so full of this kind of sophistry, post-modern malarkey and arguments that ignore the facts, that I can’t stand it.

This country is driving itself off a cliff like Thelma and Louise and idiots like this are a major reason why. I will say that she’s a perfect fit for MSNBC, but that’s it.

flataffect on July 20, 2013 at 7:02 PM

Weapons. Grade. Stupid.

Full Milspec.

PJ Emeritus on July 20, 2013 at 7:05 PM

This cannot be real life. Tell me this is not real life.

Judge Rosemarie Aquilina declared Detroit’s bankruptcy “unconstitutional” because, according to the Detroit Free Press, “the Michigan Constitution prohibits actions that will lessen the pension benefits of public employees.” Which means that, in Michigan, reality is unconstitutional.

dont taze me bro on July 20, 2013 at 7:17 PM

One wonders if she is actually that stupid, that dishonest, or just willfully floating crap to prop up her broken ideology.

Aw, heck. It might be a combination of all three.

Grace_is_sufficient on July 20, 2013 at 7:18 PM

If you ever get a chance, watch Welcome to Detroit: America’s Fastest Shrinking City. It is on PBS, but it really gives you an in depth picture just how screwed the city is. They are tearing down 10,000 homes and a family moves from the city every 20 minutes. I really felt for many of the people in the film, most of whom were hard working black folks. They understand what is happening to their town, but they are so entrenched in liberal politics that they cannot see the forest for the trees. Time and again the people interviewed point out obvious problems with city unions, corrupt officials, high taxes, crime, and the death of business, but they continue to go down the same road, hoping that the next Democrat will be their savior. What’s really telling that a struggling bar (going broke because a nearby GM plant shut its doors) has a shrine built to Obama. I really hope these people can rise from the ashes and rebuild their city.

ReaganWasRight on July 20, 2013 at 7:26 PM

Gonna repost my thought from the other thread:

Today, Detroit. Tomorrow, California.

22044 on July 20, 2013 at 4:16 PM

For us Californians not voting with the idiots running the state, we can only hope that the masses wake up, but the state may have to burn down before that happens. If it weren’t for work, I’d be out of here.

Decoski on July 20, 2013 at 7:28 PM

Thanks, Grace. You took the words right outta my head. Up is down with these people.

Kissmygrits on July 20, 2013 at 7:32 PM

ReaganWasRight on July 20, 2013 at 7:26 PM

Those two things I highlighted in your post indicate to me that either they don’t understand what the problem is or they just refuse to believe it.

Oldnuke on July 20, 2013 at 7:35 PM

Oldnuke on July 20, 2013 at 7:35 PM

I got the impression that they mostly understood the problem, but in no way tied it back to the Democrats. It was almost like they were so indoctrinated in the party, that there was no other alternatives. It was like they lived on a planet where conservatives did not exist. Their only option was to choose from the least corrupt person with a D next to their name.

ReaganWasRight on July 20, 2013 at 7:43 PM

Detroit has been a bastion of All Thing ProgressiveBlack self-governance for decades,

Seriously Erika, there’s a reason San Francisco, Boston, and Madison aren’t broke and mismanaged and it isn’t a progressive political climate. Anyone suggesting Detroit’s problems are rooted in liberalism is lying; either to themsleves, or to others. Melissa Harris Perry is probably doing both.

abobo on July 20, 2013 at 4:23 PM

the only reason the cities you mentioned haven’t gone the way of Detroit is they are not ‘one trick pony’s', Detroit was almost totally dependent on the auto industry, the state of Michigan also.

RonK on July 20, 2013 at 7:44 PM

Not even putting the location of the sequel to “Sharknado” in Detroit could save it.

KirknBurker on July 20, 2013 at 7:45 PM

ReaganWasRight on July 20, 2013 at 7:43 PM

Yes. They recognize the symptoms but refuse to accept that they are caused by cancer.

Oldnuke on July 20, 2013 at 7:52 PM

abobo on July 20, 2013 at 4:23 PM

He reason Detroit has failed is precisely due to liberal policies. They made the car industry there unprofitable, drove away other businesses and made promises to unions they couldn’t keep.

gwelf on July 20, 2013 at 7:55 PM

By the way. The actual name of the movie is Detropia. Sorry about the confusion…I just went with the how PBS had it listed. It can be found at Netflix if you have a streaming account.

ReaganWasRight on July 20, 2013 at 7:57 PM

I wasn’t aware that Detroit was suffering from too low taxes. Usually that attracts employers and jobs.

flataffect on July 20, 2013 at 8:00 PM

ReaganWasRight on July 20, 2013 at 7:57 PM

Thanks. I’m putting that in my streaming que.

Oldnuke on July 20, 2013 at 8:00 PM

Marcus on July 20, 2013 at 6:21 PM

Figures. That school was dumb enough to take her male counterpart, Cornel West.

rickv404 on July 20, 2013 at 8:15 PM

Reminds me of my favorite HA word = beclowns herself.

Cleombrotus on July 20, 2013 at 8:25 PM

A little off topic, but about that chicken or egg coming first question, the egg came first. Dinosaurs laid eggs.

Robbin Hood on July 20, 2013 at 8:28 PM

Robbin Hood on July 20, 2013 at 8:28 PM

I read somewhere that the chicken is a direct descendent of T-Rex….

OliverB on July 20, 2013 at 8:31 PM

What a cow. She is more stupid than Jeantel.

Schadenfreude on July 20, 2013 at 4:04 PM

This is actually true.

I’m very serious when I say this. I watch her show every weekend morning. I do. It is the funniest thing on television. Saturday night live and Comedy Central don’t provide me the laughs I get while watching her. I’m not kidding. “Great show!”

nazarioj001 on July 20, 2013 at 4:20 PM

lol :)

Anti-Control on July 20, 2013 at 8:36 PM

BREAKING:

MI Circuit Court Judge allows state to charge former Detroit residents with violating the Commerce Claus; wants briefs on how to determine individual assessments and penalties.

Former residents of Detroit are going to be fined for moving away.

BobMbx on July 20, 2013 at 8:40 PM

To: Erika Johnsen

Your problem is trying to find a reasonable explanation for lunatic liberal behavior. Give up and embrace the fact that they will never acknowledge any responsibility for what they have destroyed. They cannot as they live in the perfect world of their minds. Any info which endangers that will not be tolerated except to facilitate blaming conservatives.

roy_batty on July 20, 2013 at 8:40 PM

If there was any remaining doubt that liberalism/leftism/statism is a mental disorder, there can be no doubt any longer.

This is certifiable, straight-jacket level delusion.

Midas on July 20, 2013 at 8:41 PM

From a Rachel Madcow fan:

She is every rightwingnut’s worst nightmare – an articulate, educated, beautiful, black single mother with a successful career as a college professor and author, and a truly wicked sense of humor.

Piled High and Deep. That’s what PhD really stands for!

Del Dolemonte on July 20, 2013 at 4:22 PM

“a truly wicked sense of humor”? LOL

What makes that especially funny is the idiot you quoted sincerely believes we take Harris-Perry more seriously than a sad clown.

Anti-Control on July 20, 2013 at 8:42 PM

gwelf on July 20, 2013 at 6:31 PM

I knew I should have gotten in on the Omnicorp IPO.

/darnit!

roy_batty on July 20, 2013 at 8:46 PM

What else would you expect from a communist?

newjerseypatriot on July 20, 2013 at 6:12 PM

OT..a bit….The other day I read some blather by some idiots (I think on Twitchy or something) that all the black people in America should move to Africa…where they would be welcomed as royalty and could live like kings on their welfare checks and food stamps!

I dunno. It might be worth the expense to see it happen. Just for laughs.

Solaratov on July 20, 2013 at 8:46 PM

Decoski on July 20, 2013 at 7:28 PM

Two thoughts:

1 – I think some folks in Detroit hoped for a long time that the masses would wake up, to. *hint, hint*

2 – How long do you think the work will be there? Detroit has 800k residents left, out of 1.8million. At some point it was 900k. I think the last 100k that left were thinking for quite awhile something like “if it weren’t for work, I’d be out of here.”

Just sayin’.

Midas on July 20, 2013 at 8:47 PM

Msnbc has to be a last resort because nobody would hire this idiot. Has she ever had a real job? Is she a result of the Detroit public school system? I have seen several posts with her regarding the Zimmerman case and I thought she was just another opportunistic race hustler, i don’t know who thought it would be a good idea to let her open her mouth about Detroit. I don’t know if she is really incapable of thought or if this is just a schtick to get on tv.

Ellis on July 20, 2013 at 8:48 PM

Shes playing to the low info base because only someone stupid would believe this. Shes a moron

neyney on July 20, 2013 at 8:52 PM

Ellis on July 20, 2013 at 8:48 PM

My impression is that she is just as stupid as she appears…

Anti-Control on July 20, 2013 at 8:52 PM

I know this sounds real retarded of me to say, but what makes Harris-Perry even stupider than Jeantel is that she believes whatever pseudo-intellectual drivel comes out of her mouth – at least Jeantel is not close to being as pretentious.

PS I wonder why lazy-butt Melissa hasn’t worked on toning her arms so that they look like Moochelle’s.

Anti-Control on July 20, 2013 at 9:05 PM

Not very relevant, but I’ve never heard of her and couldn’t tell she was black by looking at the still.

Actually, she’s as white as George Zimmerman, right?

talkingpoints on July 20, 2013 at 9:20 PM

Harris-Perry makes a good point about Detroit’s diminished tax base. Obviously, the way to prevent another Detroit is to make it against the law for hard working, productive citizens to move out of declining cities. We should put walls and barbed wire around such places, and shoot high achieving people who try to leave.

ansonia on July 20, 2013 at 9:44 PM

I dunno. It might be worth the expense to see it happen. Just for laughs.

Solaratov on July 20, 2013 at 8:46 PM

Been tried. Liberia. Only 85% of the population is below the international poverty level today. Better than Detroit.

Oldnuke on July 20, 2013 at 9:54 PM

That was funny when Howard Dean said that since the median home price in Detroit is only $45,000 people will be flocking to move to Detroit and that they are ready to experience a huge housing boom and a big come back. I wonder how many motor city homes Howard Dean is investing in.

Dollayo on July 20, 2013 at 10:13 PM

One of the reasons Obamacare is destined to go belly-up is because the universe simply does not possess enough money to finance all the tranquilizers these Democratic nut-jobs need.

Dr. Charles G. Waugh on July 20, 2013 at 10:32 PM

ReaganWasRight on July 20, 2013 at 7:26 PM

I assume the O’bama Shrine appears in the film?

I’ve seen more than a few of them here over the past 4+ years in (almost all-white) New Hampshire. Never seen that before with any politician, not even Reagan or JFK.

Scary 101.

Del Dolemonte on July 20, 2013 at 10:45 PM

Actually, she’s as white as George Zimmerman, right?

talkingpoints on July 20, 2013 at 9:20 PM

Her mother (like O’bama’s) was white (and a Mormon to boot).

But in her own words (see her wiki entry), she’s not bi-racial, she’s black. In other words, her mother never existed.

Sad, isn’t it?

Del Dolemonte on July 20, 2013 at 10:50 PM

Would she have advanced to where she is today if she were white?

Del Dolemonte on July 20, 2013 at 5:18 PM

If she were white, she’d be asking you if you’d like ground pepper on your caesar salad…

JohnGalt23 on July 20, 2013 at 11:38 PM

Stoopid. As. Rocks.

madmonkphotog on July 20, 2013 at 11:57 PM

JohnGalt23 on July 20, 2013 at 11:38 PM

Pisses me off, but I guess you are right.
Just remember this, Melissa Harris Perry Kunta Kinte Jackson’s pipples had to endure a bazillion years of trouble. And they continue to demonstrate why that be.

arnold ziffel on July 21, 2013 at 12:04 AM

Would she have advanced to where she is today if she were white?

She’d be hooking for Spitzer if she was white. See? We save another potential Duke La Crosse bimbo from the perils of…ho’ing to have her safely ensconced on TV.

Heysoos Christus?

Twana on July 21, 2013 at 12:08 AM

Liberalism is the path to the dark side. Liberalism leads to stupidity.

racquetballer on July 21, 2013 at 12:26 AM

arnold ziffel on July 21, 2013 at 12:04 AM

As I told a sputtering libtard, there are undeniable cultural and social reasons why an entire continent is barely past the stage of fragmented tribes banging rocks together and throwing spears at each other while another is a unified world-influencing superpower.

MelonCollie on July 21, 2013 at 12:42 AM

Her mother (like O’bama’s) was white (and a Mormon to boot).

Sad, isn’t it?

Del Dolemonte on July 20, 2013 at 10:50 PM

“pathological” is the word which comes to my mind first!

Anti-Control on July 21, 2013 at 2:01 AM

WTF……….. Didn’t Barry SAVE Detroit…… I pretty someone called me on their Obama “foam” and told me he rode into town on a unicorn that chit a skittles rainbow.

roflmmfao

donabernathy on July 21, 2013 at 2:22 AM

Stupidity is thine name…

right2bright on July 21, 2013 at 6:45 AM

metroryder on July 20, 2013 at 6:24 PM

Good thoughts. And Melissa Racist-Perry is telling us that Detroit simply didn’t bite the hand that fed it enough.

onomo on July 21, 2013 at 7:22 AM

Yawn…more stupidity from a race-obsessed half-white “black” liberal. Why do liberals hate all-black people?

Jaibones on July 21, 2013 at 7:55 AM

Delusional to the max.

DTTS on July 21, 2013 at 10:31 AM

MHP is the new poster child for idiocy.

Of course it’s allthe GOP’s fault. I mean, who else could be blamed for implimenting Democrat policies?

Kenz on July 21, 2013 at 11:24 AM

Jaibones on July 21, 2013 at 7:55 AM

You mean as opposed to half-Black people?

Kenz on July 21, 2013 at 11:26 AM

Obama ” If I had a mistress, she’d look like Melissa Harris Perry”

Sticky Wicket on July 21, 2013 at 11:56 AM

What’s up with that lisp?

xdwall on July 21, 2013 at 1:12 PM