Axelrod: Yeah, Hillary Clinton “probably will be the candidate”

posted at 3:51 pm on July 19, 2013 by Erika Johnsen

Indeed.

I do think that, look I think there will be a healthy debate about national security on the Democratic side and the Republicans side, but Hillary Clinton probably will be the candidate. If she doesn’t run I think Biden will run.

Democratic opinion does seem to be “coalescing” in that direction, as House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi put it the other day; and Quinnipiac has been keeping tabs on the level of support for her potential 2016 candidacy around the country, which so far seem to be a head above the other Democratic benchwarmers.

Anyhow, I doubt anybody’s made any 100 percent concrete decisions quite yet, and as for Joe Biden (I’m still incredulous at the thought, but there it is), GQ posted an interview with the Veep in which he said that “we’ll see where I am” come the 2016 presidential pre-season. …I think we can all surmise that that really means something more along the lines of, ‘we’ll see where a certain somebody else is.’

“I can die a happy man never having been president of the United States of America,” he said one day at his residence in Washington. …

But about 2016: “The judgment I’ll make is, first of all, am I still as full of as much energy as I have now—do I feel this?” he said. “Number two, do I think I’m the best person in the position to move the ball? And, you know, we’ll see where the hell I am.

“And by the way, if you come in the office, I have two portraits hanging—one of Jefferson, one of Adams. Both vice presidents who became presidents.” He said he likes to look at their very satisfied expressions. “I joke to myself, I wonder what their portraits looked like when they were vice presidents.”

Comments

I could make a hell of a lot of money off of Axelrod. The one thing I will guarantee is that the 2016 Rat nominee WON’T be Hillary Rodham Clinton.

Steve Eggleston on July 19, 2013 at 4:01 PM

Hillary’s slogan: “Keeping You Safe”

faraway on July 19, 2013 at 4:01 PM

She’ll be the next black president.

If Jeantel were old enough she’d take her for VP.

Schadenfreude on July 19, 2013 at 4:01 PM

Patrick said he’s not running. It’ll be Booker, likely, or such.

The obamas absolutely despise the Clintons and vice-versa. No ways will the obamas support her.

Schadenfreude on July 19, 2013 at 4:03 PM

Bush: Hillary Clinton Will Be Democratic Nominee (2008)

Columnist: Hillary Clinton will be veep candidate (2008)

Biden says Hillary will be 2008 nominee

2008: Hillary Will Be Comin’ Round the Mountain

sharrukin on July 19, 2013 at 4:04 PM

Dems must have an awfully low opinion of American women if Hillary is the best one they can find.

Christien on July 19, 2013 at 4:06 PM

Good! If the GOP candidate has any testicles, there’s a mountain of good material to use to tear her to shreds.

The Rogue Tomato on July 19, 2013 at 4:07 PM

She’ll be the next black president.

If Jeantel were old enough she’d take her for VP.

Schadenfreude on July 19, 2013 at 4:01 PM

She gets her black from Bill, common property and all.

slickwillie2001 on July 19, 2013 at 4:07 PM

I predict the Dems will nominate a Hispanic in 2016. Not sure who, exactly.

fortcoins on July 19, 2013 at 4:09 PM

Biden -“I can die a happy man never having been president of the United States of America,” he said one day at his residence in Washington..

That makes two of us…

What makes this TOOL think that National Security is number 1? Let’s Try:
1) National Economic issues
2) Over-Governemt control
3) Individual Feedom

-west

mr_west on July 19, 2013 at 4:10 PM

Dem voters are so stupid that they agree with “No more Bushes,” but insist Hillary become president because there were two Bushes, therefore, to be fair there have to be two Clintons.

Shhh…don’t tell them that that means that since there were three Bush terms, then, to be fair there can only be three Clinton terms. First female president is one-and-done…nice optics.

Christien on July 19, 2013 at 4:12 PM

Axelrod: Yeah, Hillary Clinton “probably will be the candidate”

And David, how about yourself?

I’ll probably still be a Hemorrhoid on Society’s Azz cheek.

ToddPA on July 19, 2013 at 4:17 PM

Which begs the burning question of who, exactly, irons Hillary’s shirts?

Christien on July 19, 2013 at 4:21 PM

******************** SIGH **************************!!

Just great,after the Cat 0 Strophic Damage that Hopey/Changey
has inflicted on thee Land of the Brave and Free,

America’s going to get another Liberal who has
PTSD,after tap-dancing on the tarmac dodging sniper
fire,

and brain-damage from smacking her head!

UGH!!
(snark)

canopfor on July 19, 2013 at 4:23 PM

Wanna bet “Old School” Hillary wins the “New School” vote?

Christien on July 19, 2013 at 4:24 PM

Which begs the burning question of who, exactly, irons Hillary’s shirts?

Christien on July 19, 2013 at 4:21 PM

Christien:

Oh….oh….I know,…Weiners other half,..Huma sumpins!:)
(sarc)

canopfor on July 19, 2013 at 4:25 PM

there will be a healthy debate about national security on the Democratic side

Ambassador Stevens was unavailable for comment.

DAT60A3 on July 19, 2013 at 4:29 PM

Energy is not what I am thinking Slow Joe is full of.

Bitter Clinger on July 19, 2013 at 4:31 PM

Wanna bet “Old School” Hillary wins the “New School” vote?

Christien on July 19, 2013 at 4:24 PM

Christien:

Crap,listening to the Lefty mindsets of late,er,lately,you may be
accurate!:)

canopfor on July 19, 2013 at 4:33 PM

Ambassador Stevens was unavailable for comment.

DAT60A3 on July 19, 2013 at 4:29 PM

As was Jim McDougal, Vince Foster,….

Steve Eggleston on July 19, 2013 at 4:35 PM

canopfor on July 19, 2013 at 4:33 PM

I’ll take “Cattle Futures” for 100,000, Alex.

Christien on July 19, 2013 at 4:36 PM

As was Jim McDougal, Vince Foster,….

Steve Eggleston on July 19, 2013 at 4:35 PM

The list is too long to post here.

DAT60A3 on July 19, 2013 at 4:37 PM

Energy is not what I am thinking Slow Joe is full of.

Bitter Clinger on July 19, 2013 at 4:31 PM

Dung has enough energy to sustain fire.

Steve Eggleston on July 19, 2013 at 4:38 PM

I’ll take “Cattle Futures” for 100,000,

Alex.Christien on July 19, 2013 at 4:36 PM

This man booked all the losses for Hillary Clinton when she dabbled in cattle futures.

Steve Eggleston on July 19, 2013 at 4:41 PM

Still waiting to hear her “qualifications”…

(Starts another Sundial)

Del Dolemonte on July 19, 2013 at 4:45 PM

Steve Eggleston on July 19, 2013 at 4:41 PM

Heh. I was thinking more along the lines of canopfor’s comment–Hillary is the future in the minds of cattle-like Dems.

Christien on July 19, 2013 at 4:47 PM

YOU MEAN MICHELLE ISN’T GOING TO RUN AND KEEP THE DYNASTY GOING?!

GarandFan on July 19, 2013 at 4:56 PM

2005 called. It wants its inevitability back.

Jeff Weimer on July 19, 2013 at 4:58 PM

BE AFRAID, BE VERY AFRAID….

For those who want to understand better the PURE EVIL that is Shrillary Rotten Clinton, watch the movie from 2008 that the clinton’s had their hollyweird pals BAN from all US theaters…

Note in particular, the statement by D. Morris – who is a lousy pollster but an absolute expert on the clinton mentality and criminality – of his grave fear of having Shrillary in charge of the IRS, the NSA and other harassment, intimidation, threatening elements of the federal government police state. She’d make the OBOZO totalitarian regime seem benign in comparison.

The movie presents a truly frightening picture of what is likely under a second “monica-stain” bill/Shrillary regime.

TeaPartyNation on July 19, 2013 at 5:06 PM

We already have the first female President in the White House and her name is Valerie Jarrett.

RedRobin145 on July 19, 2013 at 5:38 PM

How old will Frau Pantsuit be on Election Day, 2016?

69, DUDE!!!

Anyone with enough botox to make that happen would be invaded for possessing WMD’s…

JohnGalt23 on July 19, 2013 at 6:27 PM

YOU MEAN MICHELLE ISN’T GOING TO RUN AND KEEP THE DYNASTY GOING?!

GarandFan on July 19, 2013 at 4:56 PM

Don’t forget Eric Fredo Holder. He thinks very highly of himself.

slickwillie2001 on July 19, 2013 at 6:59 PM

Steve Eggleston on July 19, 2013 at 4:01 PM

Indeed. I’ve been on the “Hillary won’t be the nominee” bandwagon since 2005. I knew she wouldn’t make it through a primary then, and I doubt she makes it through a primary in 2016.

Now that Axelturd has spoken up on it, I’m absolutely certain I’m right. I’ve never heard him say anything that wasn’t a lie.

Gingotts on July 19, 2013 at 7:11 PM

Steve Eggleston on July 19, 2013 at 4:01 PM

Gingotts on July 19, 2013 at 7:11 PM

Gotta get the wingnuts talking about anything, anything, but the ongoing investigations/scandals. Drat that jury in Florida for their meddling verdict. Squirrel!

RushBaby on July 19, 2013 at 7:30 PM

It sucks. Totally sucks. ThankYou idiot Democraps.

This first Black President has to be a lying corrupt pos Marxist……
Now the first Woman President will be a lying dishonest corrupt person as well….

America is dying.

FlaMurph on July 19, 2013 at 9:00 PM

I would encourage Hillary and Biden to run. The country needs a refreshing choice between a cackling megalomaniac and a crazy uncle. There would be a sigh of relief, even among Democrats, that the cold-fish professor has finally quit the White House Faculty lounge.

But I worry about Obama in retirement. He’s still young and will have no skills or occupation. He may fall in with the wrong crowd if he is not careful.

virgo on July 20, 2013 at 1:41 AM

Whether or not the woman runs -
I’d rather hear it from her.

TimBuk3 on July 20, 2013 at 1:46 PM