Protesters chant “Free Jahar” as Tsarnaev arrives at courthouse

posted at 6:41 pm on July 10, 2013 by Allahpundit

Ace has a smart post about leftist contrarianism to the point of nihilism that springboards off of this, but I don’t think that’s what’s happening here.

A group of about a dozen supporters cheered as the motorcade carrying Tsarnaev arrived at the courthouse. The demonstrators yelled “Justice for Jahar,” as Tsarnaev is known. One woman held a sign that said, “Free Jahar.”

Others held signs claiming Tsarnaev’s innocence, while suggesting elaborate conspiracies surrounding the bombing and Tsarnaev’s arrest.

“I’m here to show Dzhokhar support, to let him know there are thousands of people worldwide that do believe his innocence,” Mary Churback of Freetown told WBZ-TV news.

I don’t think the “Free Jahar” cranks are liberals trying to one-up each other on how transgressive they can be, I think they’re a combo of (a) teen girls/young women who find Tsarnaev’s doe-eyes too dreamy and vulnerable to have evil in them and (b) the Alex-Jones-ish conspiracy true believers who have seized on him as as a target of opportunity. If this were mainly about contrarianism, we should have seen similar protesters chanting “Free Najibullah” when this turd got pinched four years ago. We didn’t. Why? Because he looked the part in a way poor little mop-top Dzhokhar doesn’t and his road to capture was too low-profile to give conspiracists any public traction by making a stink about it.

If you’re looking for a deeper social pathology here, I’d look at the quasi-mainstreaming of conspiracy theorists via people like Jones. Maybe I’m kidding myself, but it’s harder to imagine this scene outside the courthouse playing out before 9/11 than it is now even though nihilistic counterculturalism was alive and well then too. Could be that 9/11 shook something loose in the public by exploding the illusion of U.S. invulnerability, and/or it could be that the government’s reaction to it ever since has nurtured paranoia. And, to repeat a point made many times before, the Internet (which came into its own only after 9/11) helps these people find each other in a way that would have been more difficult before, which makes it easier for them to organize. It’s a bad stew, and maybe ostentatious contrarianism is enabling it. But I don’t think that’s what’s driving it.

Anyway. Tsarnaev ended up pleading not guilty to all charges, which is good because it means the death penalty is still on the table.

Comments

idiots will always exits, there are people who deny the holocaust and those who think communism works, it will be with us forever.

rob verdi on July 10, 2013 at 6:46 PM

I’ll toss in another theory and addition to those you stated, AP: Liberals have gotten crazier the past four years. Besides, liberals have always coddled real criminals, not the ones they manufacture. Add in one more: The Left has pushed a mindset that all Muslims are victims of white racist America.

What serves as the liberal mindset is really a poisonous brew of delusion, contrarianism, and just plain nastiness that often boils over into pure evil.

Liam on July 10, 2013 at 6:48 PM

Same type of a-holes who want “justice for Trayvon.”

Mark1971 on July 10, 2013 at 6:52 PM

When I learned of this, I thought ‘Sad to say, but it will probably take another 9/11 for these idiots to understand the evil which they celebrate because they were, evidently, too young to understand the enormity of the horror.’

I had a similar reaction when I heard that Aaron Hernandez had a fan club of young women, who are saying that either ‘He couldn’t have murdered anyone because he is so sexy and cute’ or ‘Even if he did murder those people, he is too sexy to be in prison because that would be an absolute waste of one. fine. man.’

These people are representative of a deeper societal rot that is more of an immediate and potentially lethal threat to this country than just about anything else, including Obama, socialism, and Islamism.

Resist We Much on July 10, 2013 at 6:53 PM

Resist We Much on July 10, 2013 at 6:53 PM

Yes they do..
well said rwm.

bazil9 on July 10, 2013 at 6:56 PM

It would be a real shame if someone put a ……I can’t say it. As much as these people are idiots, I can’t wish them the same fate as those Boston Bombing victims.

portlandon on July 10, 2013 at 6:56 PM

sickening…but there’s always some fringy people who want to bang an amoral murderin’ terrorist cause they think they’re hot or something.

workingclass artist on July 10, 2013 at 6:56 PM

Sometimes I do wonder whether this country should be saved.

rbj on July 10, 2013 at 6:58 PM

Mumia is saying, “Wait just one minute here, what about me?”

Bishop on July 10, 2013 at 6:59 PM

Dems – always killing babies, and babying killers

The Death Party

faraway on July 10, 2013 at 7:00 PM

Disney is monitoring this event…

Electrongod on July 10, 2013 at 7:00 PM

“If I had a son, he would look just like Jahar”

faraway on July 10, 2013 at 7:03 PM

I guess some of the 72 virgins are mortal..

Electrongod on July 10, 2013 at 7:04 PM

You probably wouldn’t be surprised how many hits this post on my blog has received since the bombing:

POTD: Dzhokhar A Tsarnaev & Bob Dylan… Just Sayin’

I was struck by the resemblance, but certainly not enough to become ‘doey-eyed.’

Resist We Much on July 10, 2013 at 7:04 PM

Those Boston Bombing victims were standing there just like these guys.

portlandon on July 10, 2013 at 7:04 PM

Ace has a much smarter post on SHARKNADO! which he’s live blogging 2morrow night.

workingclass artist on July 10, 2013 at 7:05 PM

Resist We Much on July 10, 2013 at 6:53 PM

POTD: Dzhokhar A Tsarnaev & Bob Dylan… Just Sayin’

Resist We Much on July 10, 2013 at 7:04 PM

^ This is bizarre.

Axe on July 10, 2013 at 7:09 PM

Why is a terrorist in the US court system?

Obama approved this man as a US citizen just a few months ago.

If the GOP wasn’t a corpse, we could make something out of this.

faraway on July 10, 2013 at 7:09 PM

Some people are absolute idiots. And it seems there are more and more of them as time goes by.

sadatoni on July 10, 2013 at 7:10 PM

Resist We Much on July 10, 2013 at 6:53 PM

The only effect 9-11 had was to embolden American Muslims. Prior to 9-11, how many Muslim women looked like escapees from the seventh century? There was virtually no violence against American Muslims following 9-11, yet they are constantly are offended, many want the implementation of Sharia in the U.S. and they constantly claim they are discriminated against. Why is abuse of the Koran viewed as a hate crime while abuse of the Bible is not?

bw222 on July 10, 2013 at 7:18 PM

So girls think Tsarnaev has “dreamy, doe-eyes” do they? So will some sex-starved, muscular, perverted convict nicknamed “Rock Hard”. In fact before his grim life is over, Tsarnaev will be cursing his mother for bringing him into the world.

Since I believe Tsarnaev faces life without possibility of parole in the underground hell of Super-max (in lieu of death), let’s look on the bright side. Your age at conviction is inversely proportional to the number of years you will spend behind bars. Statistically at least, a teenager like Tsarnaev faces 70 “glorious” years in captivity whereas Whitey Bulger, in his 80s, faces only 4 or 5 years at the very most.

Look up at the sun and over at the grass and trees, Tsarnaev. You will never see them again.

MaiDee on July 10, 2013 at 7:20 PM

Score on for the Danes:

“Denmark is the land of the Danes and you are more than welcome to become a Dane and take part in the work and community,” Støjberg wrote. “But to those Muslims who constantly work against us, constantly question us, are unsatisfied, encourage going to holy war in Syria, commit honour killings, belittle our values, flag or way of living – to all of you: Go and find somewhere else to live. No one is forcing you to stay. We accepted you and now it’s up to you to show the necessary respect for our society and the values it is built upon.”

davidk on July 10, 2013 at 7:28 PM

OK, how do we go here from this:

Accountability: FBI deems agents faultless in 100 percent of shootings over 18 years
posted at 9:31 pm on June 20, 2013 by Mary Katharine Ham

A NYT story reported this week on the suspiciously flawless record of FBI agents in shootings from 1993 to 2011. Too often, with all government employees including law enforcement, things the rest of us would likely go to jail for, are met with virtually no consequences. I have great respect for law enforcement who put themselves in harm’s way to protect others, but that doesn’t mean they’re flawless and should avoid punishment for wrongdoing. You don’t have to click through on too many of Radley Balko’s “puppycide” posts to figure that out. Even if you leave innocent people out of the equation, there’s a virtual epidemic of innocent household pets coming under deadly fire.

“After contradictory stories emerged about an F.B.I. agent’s killing last month of a Chechen man in Orlando, Fla., who was being questioned over ties to the Boston Marathon bombing suspects, the bureau reassured the public that it would clear up the murky episode.”

To this:

in a few weeks?

The Todashev FBI killing in Orlando stinks to high heaven, and by association so does the Tsarnaev case. Since when do we mindlessly trust what the government says (especially before a trial) especially under the likes of Eric Holder and Co.?

The guy’s probably a terrorist punk, but I would personally feel more comfortable knowing more about the complete picture of what happened and who did what.

Dr. ZhivBlago on July 10, 2013 at 7:31 PM

You’re kidding yourself. Before 9/11 this sort of stuff played out INSIDE a courtroom, when el sayyid nosair was found not guilty of murdering Kahane, even though he was caught red-handed. So … he was found in violation of gun laws – although that gun had nothing to do with Kahane’s murder …

The left has always cheered on the terrorists. In the 60s, the self-hating, nihilistic left was all about arab terrorism and cheered on pali terrorists like nobody’s business. We won’t even talk about how the left their Soviet Union (the main supporter of arab terrorism in its day) and wished that they would bring rapid destruction to the evil, evil West.

How quickly people forget …

ThePrimordialOrderedPair on July 10, 2013 at 7:31 PM

The left want to free terrorists and enslave heroes:

At the Sacramento Airport, screeners looked under his medals, ran their hands under his waistband and swabbed his shoes for explosives

Visiting the state capitol building to be honored as veteran of the year for his district, he was told to take off his dress blues ‘because he was wearing too much metal’

davidk on July 10, 2013 at 7:36 PM

sadatoni on July 10, 2013 at 7:10 PM

I see it as a sign of the coming dark ages. The period during and directly after the collapse will take care of most of them as the sane survivors will be unable to afford to put up with them.

trigon on July 10, 2013 at 7:41 PM

Meh. You’re giving too much credit where none is due. It’s probably more to the fact that he’s relatively attractive and has been on TV, a quasi-celeb, and that’s enough for some of these dingbats.

Go with the dingbat shut ins who think his eyes are dreamy. Jones’ theories at least require a bit of an attention span, which is probably too much to ask in this case.

kim roy on July 10, 2013 at 7:53 PM

Dr. ZhivBlago on July 10, 2013 at 7:31 PM

We do know he was involved and participated. That’s enough to go with, but it would be nice to know if they had help or funding, etc.

I find it incredibly odd that the murder case they are trying to pin on his brother just because “solvable” after he became bumper bait. How convenient!

You’re right to wonder what we’re not being told. It’s not like this government keeps things to itself and the rather incurious media remains incurious.

kim roy on July 10, 2013 at 7:58 PM

kim roy on July 10, 2013 at 7:58 PM

Speaking of which … why isn’t Joker looking at a murder rap for running over his brother? At least, vehicular manslaughter or something. There are thousands of laws this douchebag broke.

ThePrimordialOrderedPair on July 10, 2013 at 8:09 PM

Liam on July 10, 2013 at 6:48 PM

True, and for a couple reasons. First, their ultimate dream guy was re-elected so they’ve become emboldened. Second, they’ve realized the extent to which they can do and say ANYTHING and the press will not call them on it.

yubley on July 10, 2013 at 8:10 PM

kim roy on July 10, 2013 at 7:58 PM

I know that the press has reported that Tsarnaev was in Georgia possibly getting terrorist training, but I’m not 100% sure that’s true. Trying to track info down you get different information, and I am hesitant to trust the LSM, and the fringe media. Besides, where did the LSM get their information from? Again, probably Holder and Co. It may be true anyway, but that means they dropped the ball on a major terrorist attack…why would they admit to that?

OK, so if he was overseas learning how to make bombs the other part of the story is that Russia tried to warn us and we ignored them. That in itself is a huge scandal.

Not holding my breath that anyone in the press is going to really investigate what’s going on with this. Fox News won’t because a Muslim terrorist blowing up people fits into their agenda, and the Leftist media won’t investigate because it fits into their agenda-that is, the need for more government control…well, at least under this current government. Breitbart’s gone, Hastings is gone, so…

Dr. ZhivBlago on July 10, 2013 at 8:15 PM

The only effect 9-11 had was to embolden American Muslims.

bw222 on July 10, 2013 at 7:18 PM

Actually, many former liberals became 9/12 conservatives following 9/11. See, for example, Ron Silver, Dennis Miller, and Evan Sayet to name three.

Resist We Much on July 10, 2013 at 8:16 PM

Dr. ZhivBlago on July 10, 2013 at 7:31 PM

Here are some pictures

Resist We Much on July 10, 2013 at 8:18 PM

Is there no one to beat them?

claudius on July 10, 2013 at 8:21 PM

workingclass artist on July 10, 2013 at 7:05 PM

I thought you were kidding. :)

My bad. Won’t happen again.

Axe on July 10, 2013 at 8:33 PM

Here are some pictures…

Resist We Much on July 10, 2013 at 8:18 PM

Thanks, nice series of photos.

I have seen those before, and they do look suspicious, namely why would two brothers walk with that distance between them rather than next to each other?

Still, there are irregularities with what info we’ve been fed is all I’m saying and I’m sure they’ve been hashed over elsewhere.

Dr. ZhivBlago on July 10, 2013 at 8:40 PM

Dr. ZhivBlago on July 10, 2013 at 8:15 PM

Worth a repost in its entirety. Cannot find a thing to disagree with and you just showed more curiosity and thoughtfulness in this post than the entire LSM.

I’m finding it increasingly terrifying what the LSM will ignore/coverup/minimize because of a black liberal.

kim roy on July 10, 2013 at 8:41 PM

…I think when we REALLY have BAD GAS…we should go down there and mix with that crowd!

KOOLAID2 on July 10, 2013 at 8:41 PM

ThePrimordialOrderedPair on July 10, 2013 at 8:09 PM

I’m wondering how much they can reasonably establish the car contributed to Bro’s death. A clever defense could argue differently. Might be too much for too little considering they have him on killing an 8-year-old. Just thinking out loud.

kim roy on July 10, 2013 at 8:44 PM

kim roy on July 10, 2013 at 8:41 PM

Thank you, and it is terrifying. Just a while ago I read the post about the DOJ being behind anti-Zimmerman protests…pretty much crickets over at the “legacy” news organizations. Fox, World Net Daily, Daily Caller, Hot Air, Rush and maybe one other site have reported on that. Pretty disgraceful.

As for Boston, here’s something from the LA Times back in April:

Boston suspects threw pressure-cooker bomb at police, officials say

Seriously? They threw a pressure cooker bomb at the police? I really don’t whether to laugh or be sick at people buying such nonsense.

Dr. ZhivBlago on July 10, 2013 at 9:51 PM

I’d dearly love to see the people injured by the bombs, and the relatives of those who were killed by them, there tomorrow when the Jahar-lovers show up to gush and shout again.

I don’t want them to say or do anything. I just want them there to look at the groupies.

Silently.

Maybe a few of the terrorist-roadie wannabees will figure out that Islamic terrorists consider them, with their “progressive” conceits and leftover Sixties worldview, prime targets.

After all, the Boston Marathon isn’t a noted social venue for the Christian Coalition.

clear ether

eon

eon on July 10, 2013 at 9:55 PM

Did DOJ send anyone up to Boston as a peacemaker? You know, to help defuse any riots./

freedomfirst on July 11, 2013 at 12:14 AM

A shame one of Djoker’s buddies didn’t thank these pithed imbeciles with a pressure cooker surprise.

profitsbeard on July 11, 2013 at 2:11 AM

In Massachusetts? Never ever happen. We’ll be lucky if he’s inside for seven or eight years.

dogsoldier on July 11, 2013 at 5:49 AM

Jahar lovers and conspiracy theorists that believe he’s innocent. Proof that there’s an occasion when it is appropriate to use the term retarded.

iceman1960 on July 11, 2013 at 8:13 AM

Uh, AP, you ever heard of this dude named Mumia? There’s at least *some* element of “nihilistic contrarianism” in that protest.

GWB on July 11, 2013 at 9:01 AM