Texas pro-choicer rallies protesters with poem: “If My Vagina Was a Gun”

posted at 4:01 pm on July 9, 2013 by Allahpundit

Via Twitchy, something to cleanse the palate on a slow post-holiday news day. I can only assume that this will inspire a round of response and counter-response between pro-lifers and pro-choicers. Next comes “If My Fetus Was a Vagina,” then “If My Uterus Was a Fetus,” and then full circle with “If My Gun Was a Uterus.” Abortion politics is complicated, my friends.

Anyway, this is predictable insofar as most pro-choice rhetoric is crafted to skirt the heart of the matter. In polite company, like on the floor of Congress, “women’s health” is the euphemism of choice. For the grassroots abortion warrior who’s aiming to light up fellow adherents, framing abortion regs as regulating “vaginas” rather than killing babies in the womb is crude but effective. The punchline is that the gun analogy works both ways: It was gun control, in fact, that John McCormack of the Weekly Standard cited to Democrat Diana DeGette in asking why she supported “reasonable restrictions” for one in the name of saving lives but not in the other. Her answer? Next question. There’s no Republican of real national significance who believes in Second Amendment absolutism the way prominent Democrats, starting with the abortion-warrior-in-chief, appear to believe in abortion-rights absolutism up to (and sometimes beyond) the moment of birth. If your right to kill your child was a gun, Obama, Pelosi, and DeGette would be the radical equivalent of militiamen living out in the woods in their own self-declared “sovereign state.” Which is appropriate, because the state you and I live in sure doesn’t agree with them.

Update: Dude?

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3

would they be rim fire or center fire?

uncommon sense on July 9, 2013 at 9:52 PM

Rim fire. Common misunderstanding, though. :)

Axe on July 9, 2013 at 9:58 PM

Rim fire. Common misunderstanding, though. :)

Axe on July 9, 2013 at 9:58 PM

I guess we would have to bring back the draft, as fully automatic ones could only be used by the military :)

uncommon sense on July 9, 2013 at 10:00 PM

Hah! Going “ba-da-bum” so much, I might just have to go out and buy a real drum set!

Ladysmith CulchaVulcha on July 9, 2013 at 10:03 PM

Ladysmith CulchaVulcha on July 9, 2013 at 10:03 PM

They do kind of write themselves, don’t they? :-)

uncommon sense on July 9, 2013 at 10:07 PM

….I’d be almost as deadly?

WryTrvllr on July 9, 2013 at 10:11 PM

They do kind of write themselves, don’t they? :-)

uncommon sense on July 9, 2013 at 10:07 PM

Teehee! Plus, the V-Jay gun totally eliminates the need for “Halt! Who goes there?!”–type warnings.

;)

Ladysmith CulchaVulcha on July 9, 2013 at 10:18 PM

If my v*gina was a gun…

Eric Holder would sell it to Mexican drug lords.

Ewwww.

bitsy on July 9, 2013 at 10:20 PM

;)

Ladysmith CulchaVulcha on July 9, 2013 at 10:18 PM

and they wouldn’t have to vomit, or pee themselves to prevent assault. :)

uncommon sense on July 9, 2013 at 10:22 PM

would ob/gyn’s then demand hazard pay?

uncommon sense on July 9, 2013 at 10:23 PM

would ob/gyn’s then demand hazard pay?

uncommon sense on July 9, 2013 at 10:23 PM

Sure, but no more than Olympic Weightlifter Docs received before the ‘Snatch/Clean/Jerk’.

ahem…Ba-da-bum!

Ladysmith CulchaVulcha on July 9, 2013 at 10:32 PM

If your vag!na was a gun…

Then women wouldn’t be allowed on airplanes or in polling stations.

bitsy on July 9, 2013 at 10:34 PM

“If My Vagina Was a Gun”

…”pistol whipped” would mean something else entirely.

Ronnie on July 9, 2013 at 10:55 PM

If my vagina was a gun…

I would have to be very careful when doing kegal exercises.

bitsy on July 9, 2013 at 10:55 PM

Shouldn’t that be “If my vag!na were a gun”?

bitsy on July 9, 2013 at 11:03 PM

I’ve got news for you harpys…your vaginas are guns…they’re pointed at us all the time and it causes us to empty our wallets yet you still put it away whenever you want.

Twana on July 9, 2013 at 11:04 PM

Wow. There sure are an increasing number of sterling arguments for women’s suffrage lately. Singing for satan, comparing their disease-ridden d!ck holsters to firearms, voting for public money to bail their worthless slut butts out with state-sponsored murder…

MelonCollie on July 9, 2013 at 11:30 PM

If my uterus was a gun, you would want to confiscate it,

You would ride on buses and fight all the fights.

If my uterus was a gun, you would try to buy it back,

You’d want to spill all its secrets because concealed carry is bad.

If my uterus was a gun, you’d publish its location in the newspaper.

From its cold dead hands you would pry, or you would surely riot.

If my uterus was a gun, it would have no rights, because you’d think it was used to kill children in school.

If my uterus was a gun, I would be outlawed in Chicago, and I’d be arrested just for walking around.

If my uterus was a gun, you’d be afraid I’d use it, or that it might go off when you didn’t want it to.

But my uterus is not a gun, it is a mightier thing,

Because it can make a toddler whose laughs make the rafters sing.

Uteri are not delicate, they are muscular and magic,

So stop messing with them, don’t rip out their contents to die.

My uterus’s here to demand from the source, don’t pervert its natural use by force.

unclesmrgol on July 10, 2013 at 1:02 AM

Isn’t that the song Tevya sang in Fiddler on the Roof?

“Ya ha deedle deedle, bubba bubba deedle deedle dum!”

Shy Guy on July 10, 2013 at 6:47 AM

Classy heifers. My take.

kingsjester on July 10, 2013 at 6:50 AM

Allah, why do you use their language. The contest isn’t between “pro-choice” and “pro-life” groups, as if both support an honorable goal. The contest is between “pro-abortion” and “pro-life.”

One represents “death” and the other “life” a la Dr. Kermit Gosnell.

If you choose to use their language you choose to promote their cause.

Stepan on July 10, 2013 at 7:48 AM

“If My Vagina Was a Gun”

…we’d pass laws to make sure it would NEVER go out in public again!

(channelling my inner liberal) :)

dominigan on July 10, 2013 at 9:16 AM

“If My Vagina Was a Gun”

…we’d pass laws to ensure that it would NEVER be allowed out of a locked cabinet!

(channelling my inner liberal)

dominigan on July 10, 2013 at 9:18 AM

“If My V***** Was a Gun”

…we’d pass laws to ensure it NEVER left a locked cabinet!

(channelling my inner liberal)

(ok, now I feel sick)

dominigan on July 10, 2013 at 9:20 AM

If my vagina was a gun, you’d say what it holds is private
From cold dead hands we could pry, you surely would riot.

Actually, it’s the other way around. Abortion is about prying the cold, dead hands out of your vagina uterus. (I’ll address the biological idiocy at some other time.)

GWB on July 10, 2013 at 9:42 AM

Classy heifers. My take.

kingsjester on July 10, 2013 at 6:50 AM

Now, why have you gone to insulting heifers? That ain’t no fair.

listens2glenn on July 10, 2013 at 10:29 AM

if my vigina was a gun

you would have followed safety training from the NRA to prevent unwanted killing of the unborn

huntingmoose on July 10, 2013 at 10:35 AM

if my vigina was a gun

the 2nd amendment does not grant you a license to kill

huntingmoose on July 10, 2013 at 10:36 AM

I’m assuming someone else has already said, “If your vagina was a gun, it would never be cocked?”

di butler on July 10, 2013 at 10:39 AM

Oh great…another vagina-centric lib…

zoyclem on July 10, 2013 at 11:42 AM

“If my vagina only had a brain…dee-dee, dee-dee, dee-dee…”

bmmg39 on July 10, 2013 at 4:02 PM

I only read the last page and I saw someone else making the same point: When are conservatives going to take back the English language from the leftistspeak? They are not “pro-choice” they are “PRO-DEATH” because their “choice” ALWAYS results in the death of an innocent. So Allahpundit, why don’t you and the others in the conservative blog-a-sphere start using the correct term for these people??? What are you, chicken????

Planned Parenthood: 46,000,000 Killed (and counting)

46,000,000 coming across our borders……

colonelkurtz on July 11, 2013 at 7:53 PM