Videos: The greatness of America

posted at 10:01 am on July 4, 2013 by Ed Morrissey

Let me join Jazz in wishing  everyone a Happy Independence Day!  I’ll be spending the day with family, friends, and watching the local 4th of July parade that passes close to my house.  Most of you will probably be doing the same today.  To start the celebration off right, though, here are a few videos that talk about the American ideal.  First, Rep. Darrell Issa’s office sent this video out last night, extolling the greatness of America:

Next, my good friend and American-by-choice Steven Crowder and Liberty Alliance offer up one of his best videos ever, rebutting the notion that there is no American culture:

Finally, Reason TV brings back Remy for a new Independence Day rap — “Up In My Grill” — to argue against the nanny state on the day we celebrate our rejection of tyranny:

Keep the fireworks going, America!

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3

Up in my Grill really proves that racial minstrelsy *IS* part of the nation’s identity. Well done.

libfreeordie on July 4, 2013 at 10:17 AM

The comical/sad part is noting the reaction when current events actually have a detrimental effect on black families and black wealth creation:

“The Commission found also that about six in 10 adult black males have a high school diploma or less, and are disproportionately employed in the low-skilled labor market in likely competition with immigrants.”

rogerb on June 11, 2013 at 6:54 PM

I believe you call this race hustling.

libfreeordie on June 11, 2013 at 7:17 PM

Minstrelsy indeed. Well done, professor.

rogerb on July 5, 2013 at 9:06 AM

Sorry, I forgot the link to the amnesty thread (which was, of course, difficult to discuss and was immediately abandoned instead):

We never did learn how black laborers compete with interior designers and speech therapists instead of illegals…

rogerb on July 5, 2013 at 9:17 AM

I put up a picture of Robert E Lee this morning.

claudius on July 4, 2013 at 10:35 AM

Coincidentally, I hung a print of Lee with all his generals this morning.

freedomfirst on July 5, 2013 at 9:46 AM

Reparations: Well under way. Taxed much?
Reconquista: Happening all over the country. There are pockets not affected. Wish I was in one.
Amnesty: Coming soon.
Dedevelopment: The goal of the left. High energy prices, open borders, Obummercare: all contributing to that end.
American culture: under relentless insult.

Yet, I marvel at what the founders did. Truly inspirational.

freedomfirst on July 5, 2013 at 10:02 AM

libfreeordie on July 4, 2013 at 10:17 AM

You and your ilk are why America is not what it held such promise of being. Your continuous racial grievances and divisive propaganda keep a goodly portion of Americans from being free. Your statist welfare programs prevent many from growing out of their dependence. Your insistence on controlling lives has destroyed liberty more surely than the coming dictators ever will. Go on, lick the hand that enslaves you. Kiss its ring and lower your eyes before your almighty, the state.

Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me liberty or give me death!

GWB on July 5, 2013 at 2:03 PM