Video: Rubio’s closing argument on immigration reform

posted at 4:01 pm on June 27, 2013 by Allahpundit

When I asked on Twitter whether any video of his speech this afternoon was available, someone snarked back that I should just read his RNC speech from last year since they’re basically the same. Not true, but it’s not totally untrue either. Every Rubio speech has the same template: Lots of biography, lots of shining-city-on-the-hill platitudes about America, and then, almost as an afterthought, some remarks on the subject at hand. Obama’s famous speech at the 2004 Democratic convention is the eternal model, which makes sense because Rubio’s following the same path that O did: He, personally, is The Change. By virtue of his youth, optimism, and distinct personal identity, he can lead his party and the country to a degree of success that no one else can. This is what he’s counting on, in fact, to smooth things over with conservatives who are angry with him over immigration come 2016. You guys want your own Obama to steamroll the opposition through the sheer force of his charisma and only-in-America personal success story, don’t you? Well, here he is. Cut him some slack on amnesty, which was designed as a pander to win national elections in the first place, and let’s roll. Fired up, ready to go!

John McCormack of the Weekly Standard was reminiscing on Twitter a few hours ago about interviewing candidate Rubio in 2009 and being reassured, repeatedly, that he wouldn’t support amnesty even for a hardworking law-abiding (except for crossing the border!) illegal immigrant family because it would be unfair to people who followed the rules to let anyone who didn’t off scot-free. Four years later, now that he’s a legit presidential contender, the rule of law has sunk into a gooey soup of dreams:

Here they brought their language and their customs. Their religions and their music. And somehow, made them ours as well. From a collection of people from everywhere, we became one people. The most exceptional nation in human history.

And even with all our challenges, we remain the shining city on the hill. We are still the hope of the world.

Go to our factories and fields. Go to our kitchens and construction sites. Go to the cafeteria of this very Capitol. There, you will find that the miracle of America still lives.

For here, in America, those who once had no hope, will give their children the life they once wanted for themselves.

Here, in America, generations of unfulfilled dreams will finally come to pass.

I support this reform.

Not just because I believe in immigrants, but because I believe in America even more.

That last line is almost a self-parody of Rubio’s strained non-sequitur attempts to sweep away legitimate differences on policy with sunny city-on-the-hill rhetoric. Forget whether the bill is terrible, or whether it creates incentives for employers to hire illegals over Americans, or whether it’ll lead to another amnesty in 25 years, or whether it’ll worsen the entitlement crunch when legalized illegals start retiring. We’re talking about dreams here. And so I repeat a point I made recently: Did candidate Rubio, the staunch amnesty opponent, never consider “dreams”? Did he never think deeply about this issue until after he was elected, despite debating it with Charlie Crist repeatedly in 2010? What changed between the time McCormack interviewed him and today, besides the political expediency involved in supporting amnesty? The answer, I think, is that America is the last, best hope of mankind, and a miracle birthed by the Founders, and we are not blue states or red states but the United States, so stop asking questions already, okay?

But now let me repeat another point I made recently: This speech isn’t aimed at you and me. We’re ideologues, and he kissed off the ideologues when he decided to support an amnesty bill. It’s aimed at the majority who pay attention to the news one or two hours a week, like the idea of bipartisan compromise and comprehensive immigration reform even though they really don’t know what’s in the bill, and will enjoy listening to a fluid hopeful communicator like Rubio talk about the promise and glory of America as a contrast to stiffs like McCain and Romney. The guy knows who his audience is, and he knows what he’s doing. That’s the one consolation for border hawks if he ends up as nominee — he’ll certainly, certainly be better at getting his message out than the last few nominees were. Who knows? Instead of losing 73 percent of the Latino vote next time, we might only lose 65.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3 4

A word of advice for the Republicans that voted this so called “Immigration Reform Bill”, the Democrats used you and in the morning they are still not going to respect you. You also lost any respect we consrvatives ever had for you.

savage24 on June 27, 2013 at 5:24 PM

wow…just finished watching the vid…just wow.

This is the Tea Party’s best hit!!

Excuse me, but I can’t tell the difference between this conservatism and liberalism…and you wonder why I’m in the middle?

YOU ARE ALL LIBERALS

Can.I.be.in.the.middle on June 27, 2013 at 5:26 PM

Its funny how quickly politicians become rising stars in the conservative movement and just as quickly become pariahs. Rubio go take a seat next to Christie.

Realclearblue on June 27, 2013 at 5:33 PM

Rubio is dead to me.

CatoRenasci on June 27, 2013 at 5:40 PM

Rubio is the most charismatic Republican I’ve seen.

Wow.

terryannonline on June 27, 2013 at 5:43 PM

Fact: The United States Constitution is written in cursive.
Christien on June 27, 2013 at 4:56 PM

Well, apparently 0bama, most of the Senate, most of the House, most of the Supreme Court, and ALL of the bureaucracies, can’t read cursive either….
Nor anything ‘translated’ from cursive.

LegendHasIt on June 27, 2013 at 5:43 PM

Trust me. He will do much better than 65 percent.

terryannonline on June 27, 2013 at 5:45 PM

terryannonline on June 27, 2013 at 5:43 PM

He’s a liar. He lied repeatedly during the Florida senatorial primary and general election.

Put your faith in him at your own peril.

INC on June 27, 2013 at 5:45 PM

He lied, he lies, he will lie.

David Blue on June 27, 2013 at 5:46 PM

Rubio is the most charismatic Republican I’ve seen.
Wow.
terryannonline on June 27, 2013 at 5:43 PM

Perfect example to anyone who wonders why the Republic has gone to hell.

LegendHasIt on June 27, 2013 at 5:47 PM

Trust me. He will do much better than 65 percent.

terryannonline on June 27, 2013 at 5:45 PM

Oh, you are one of those repulsive “the success of the GOP is more important than the success of my country” conservatives.

Fools like terry are why the country is where it is today.

ClassicCon on June 27, 2013 at 5:47 PM

Rubio is the most charismatic Republican I’ve seen.

Wow.

terryannonline on June 27, 2013 at 5:43 PM

LOL.

Wipe your chin.

ThePrimordialOrderedPair on June 27, 2013 at 5:47 PM

Photo: Reid hugs (kisses?) Rubio after INSTANT AMNESTY/OPEN BORDERS vote:

Rubio might as well stop pretending.

Pork-Chop on June 27, 2013 at 5:49 PM

Lol! Classic great snark AP. Unfortunately it’s funny because it’s true.

LtBarnwell02 on June 27, 2013 at 5:50 PM

This speech isn’t aimed at you and me. We’re ideologues, and he kissed off the ideologues when he decided to support an amnesty bill. It’s aimed at the majority who pay attention to the news one or two hours a week, like the idea of bipartisan compromise and comprehensive immigration reform even though they really don’t know what’s in the bill….

That very well may be what Rubio is counting on. But isn’t the fly in the ointment really that eventually people DO find out “what’s in the bill”? I mean, at some point even the low-information voter has to scratch his head and wonder, “hey, where the hell did all these foreigners come from?”

Murf76 on June 27, 2013 at 5:50 PM

“All statements from Barack Obama Marco Rubio come with an expiration date. All of them.”

INC on June 27, 2013 at 5:50 PM

Put your faith in him at your own peril.

INC on June 27, 2013 at 5:45 PM

Underestimate him at your own peril.

Oh you are one of those naggy “every politician must agree with 100%” conservatives.

terryannonline on June 27, 2013 at 5:54 PM

Rubio is the most charismatic Republican I’ve seen.

Wow.

terryannonline on June 27, 2013 at 5:43 PM

Clean up on isle 7.

Schadenfreude on June 27, 2013 at 5:54 PM

Deport Rubio.

HB3 on June 27, 2013 at 5:55 PM

Rubio is the most charismatic Republican biggest liar of the land, only after obama, that I’ve seen.

Wow.

terryannonline on June 27, 2013 at 5:43 PM

There, ignorant one.

Schadenfreude on June 27, 2013 at 5:56 PM

Deport Rubio.

HB3 on June 27, 2013 at 5:55 PM

Rubio was born in Miami.

terryannonline on June 27, 2013 at 5:57 PM

and you wonder why I’m in the middle?

Can.I.be.in.the.middle on June 27, 2013 at 5:26 PM

So you can be fluked from both sides?

Schadenfreude on June 27, 2013 at 5:57 PM

Rescind Rubio

Anti-Control on June 27, 2013 at 5:58 PM

terryannonline on June 27, 2013 at 5:54 PM

I don’t underestimate his charisma, but you’re falling for the charm of a politician who has already shown he betrays his constituents. That’s incredibly foolish.

INC on June 27, 2013 at 5:58 PM

Pic of the Day: The Hill: ‘But They All Look Alike!!!’

Resist We Much on June 27, 2013 at 5:56 PM

But can you read cursive, legal immigrant hick?

Schadenfreude on June 27, 2013 at 5:59 PM

Underestimate him at your own peril.
terryannonline on June 27, 2013 at 5:54 PM

You stumbled on to the truth on this one: we know he represents a peril.

But underestimate him? Not a worry. Indeed, we’re going to make quite sure he never wins a national election.

rrpjr on June 27, 2013 at 6:01 PM

Rubio will beat Crist, from the left, to keep his seat in the next round. Mark it down…if he doesn’t run with Michelle in 2016.

Schadenfreude on June 27, 2013 at 6:02 PM

INC on June 27, 2013 at 5:58 PM

In a perfect world I would love my politicians to never change their positions. But unfortunately politicians aren’t the most consistent people.

terryannonline on June 27, 2013 at 6:02 PM

I love that Dorco is able to attract groupies…

Anti-Control on June 27, 2013 at 6:03 PM

Marco Rubio needs to be greeted by angry glares from American citizens and Legal immigrants every time he goes out in public.

And that goes for every other Senator who voted to give ILLEGAL aliens Amnesty and a Path to Citizenship today.

wren on June 27, 2013 at 6:03 PM

INC, liars are just “inconsistent people”, you bigoted hick, you.

Schadenfreude on June 27, 2013 at 6:04 PM

terryannonline on June 27, 2013 at 6:02 PM

Consistent?

Is that your excuse for his open lying? We’re not talking about some waffling or weaving, but direct contradiction.

I live in Florida. You want me to bring out the quotes??

INC on June 27, 2013 at 6:04 PM

Right now the gang of 8 are debating on how to scroom you with the climate change bill.

Schadenfreude on June 27, 2013 at 6:05 PM

Indeed, we’re going to make quite sure he never wins a national election.

You can try….but I am not sure how successful you all will be. He’s quite popular with Republicans.

terryannonline on June 27, 2013 at 6:05 PM

I knew when I heard that Jeb was hanging out with Rubio that Rubio would be a big amnesty player. I didn’t realize that he would be the ringleader. You know how Jeb feels about conservatives. You are who you hang with, Rubio!

mobydutch on June 27, 2013 at 6:05 PM

Schadenfreude on June 27, 2013 at 6:02 PM

lol

Is there any room for NJ Gov. KristieKreme in this picture? :)

Anti-Control on June 27, 2013 at 6:05 PM

INC, liars are just “inconsistent people”, you bigoted hick, you.

Schadenfreude on June 27, 2013 at 6:04 PM

:) That lowered my blood pressure!

Thanks!

INC on June 27, 2013 at 6:05 PM

Haven’t you learned your lesson yet about charismatic politicians?

Two words for you:

Barack Obama

Resist We Much on June 27, 2013 at 6:06 PM

terryannonline on June 27, 2013 at 6:05 PM

Like President Romney?

rrpjr on June 27, 2013 at 6:06 PM

INC on June 27, 2013 at 6:05 PM

Don’t sign up for obama’care’. Just watch the fools in action. The land is full of them.

Schadenfreude on June 27, 2013 at 6:07 PM

Schadenfreude on June 27, 2013 at 6:07 PM

Sadly true.

INC on June 27, 2013 at 6:08 PM

He’s quite popular with Republicans.

terryannonline on June 27, 2013 at 6:05 PM

He’s lost 15 points since February and 10 points since May with Republicans.

Resist We Much on June 27, 2013 at 6:09 PM

Dole
Pappy Bush
McCain
Romney
Rubio
Portman
Jeb Bush
Ronald Reagan

Which one has something the others don’t? What is it?

Schadenfreude on June 27, 2013 at 6:10 PM

Like President Romney?

rrpjr on June 27, 2013 at 6:06 PM

You 100% pure conservatives can put up a candidate. Go for it. Good luck.

terryannonline on June 27, 2013 at 6:10 PM

He’s quite popular with rEEepublicans.
terryannonline on June 27, 2013 at 6:05 PM

FIFY.
(The EE stands for Establishment Elite. )

LegendHasIt on June 27, 2013 at 6:11 PM

He’s quite popular with Republicans.

terryannonline on June 27, 2013 at 6:05 PM

It’s a bit late in the game to be passing yourself off as an analyst, groupie.

rrpjr on June 27, 2013 at 6:11 PM

He’s lost 15 points since February and 10 points since May with Republicans.

Resist We Much on June 27, 2013 at 6:09 PM

58 percent is not bad and with his political skill….I’m sure it will move back up.

terryannonline on June 27, 2013 at 6:11 PM

Trust me. He will do much better than 65 percent.

terryannonline on June 27, 2013 at 5:45 PM

As a Progressive Democrat a la Bernie Sanders
III

dirtengineer on June 27, 2013 at 6:11 PM

Schadenfreude on June 27, 2013 at 6:05 PM

I’d stock up on candle wax if I were you. But it’s got to be low emission wax.

oldroy on June 27, 2013 at 6:12 PM

Just testing–my last comment was blocked with no censored words in it.

MaiDee on June 27, 2013 at 6:12 PM

Could the blocking be do to calling Rubio Marc The Knife?

MaiDee on June 27, 2013 at 6:14 PM

creepy a$$ cracker

BoxHead1 on June 27, 2013 at 6:17 PM

Much like O, I can’t even stand the sound of his voice. He makes me cringe.

Jackalope on June 27, 2013 at 6:18 PM

Orwell:

In our time, political speech and writing are largely the defense of the indefensible.

INC on June 27, 2013 at 5:31 PM

Schadenfreude on June 27, 2013 at 6:20 PM

One of the main points made by you publicly is that Gang of Eight legislation will stop what you refer to as “de facto amnesty.” Millions of dollars have been spent on television advertisements which feature you and call on Americans to support your bill to end the nation’s practice of de facto amnesty. Yet your bill does nothing to end de facto amnesty, and only guarantees that it will continue.

De facto amnesty is a failure to enforce the nation’s immigration laws on the interior of the United States. It is not a border issue. It cannot and will not end as a result of increased border security. It must be resolved through increased interior enforcement.

40% of all illegal immigrants currently in the United States did not illegally cross the border, but instead entered legally with a visa and didn’t leave when it expired

Chris Crane to Rubio

Mormontheman on June 27, 2013 at 6:20 PM

omg he’s so dreamyyy!!! ^___^ <3333 lolol

Sachiko on June 27, 2013 at 4:14 PM

You sound a little lot like terryannonline here!

Anti-Control on June 27, 2013 at 6:20 PM

Deport Rubio.

HB3 on June 27, 2013 at 5:55 PM

Rubio was born in Miami.

terryannonline on June 27, 2013 at 5:57 PM

Having trouble with that whole “humor” thing?

HB3 on June 27, 2013 at 6:21 PM

terryannonline on June 27, 2013 at 6:11 PM

Keep dreaming. 10 points in a month.

Listen, I’m a libertarian, but have held my nose and voted for the last two losers your party offered for one reason: To defeat Obama.

Don’t count on my support in the future. Fvck the GOP and the horse that rode in on them (and, yes, I meant it that way). Yes, I will vote 3rd party even if it means Hillary Clinton becomes the next POTUS.

Now, do me a favour love: Replace McCain with Rubio and then imagine what is going to happen when the shit hits the fan…

By the way, I’m telling all of my friends and family in the UK to come on over – through the backdoor, of course. Preferential status over American citizens and free cars! What’s not to love?

I was such a sucker for following the law.

Oh, and I’ve told them to demand that YOU be forced to drive on the left-side of the road ‘cuz, like, ya know, you need to accommodate the customs and traditions of others.

Resist We Much on June 27, 2013 at 6:23 PM

I rechecked-no bad words. It was just blocked. I just mentioned some of the bribes and kickbacks contained in the bill which makes Marc the Knife’s pompous statements about “good for America” even more ridiculous.

MaiDee on June 27, 2013 at 6:23 PM

Chris Crane to Rubio

Mormontheman on June 27, 2013 at 6:20 PM

Callate la boca – Rubio to Chris Crane

Schadenfreude on June 27, 2013 at 6:24 PM

Make Marco Rubio Eat His Own Words

Resist We Much on June 27, 2013 at 6:23 PM

They taste yummy to terryannonline.

Schadenfreude on June 27, 2013 at 6:24 PM

You 100% pure conservatives…

terryannonline on June 27, 2013 at 6:10 PM

Purity in the RINO lexicon (or is it RINO Rules for Radicals) is taking on the lying champion of a bill with 100% Leftist support, sponsored by the same Leftist who helped draft its disastrous antecedent, and whose passage will in addition to recruiting millions of new voters for malignant Statism rescue a malignantly Statist president reeling from scandals.

As I warned months ago, watch the RINOs increasing take on the form and methodologies of the Left.

rrpjr on June 27, 2013 at 6:25 PM

I was such a sucker for following the law.

Resist We Much on June 27, 2013 at 6:23 PM

Luv, you harbour all that envy toward the illegals? Let the world come. It’s France any more.

Schadenfreude on June 27, 2013 at 6:27 PM

Trust me. He will do much better than 65 percent.

terryannonline on June 27, 2013 at 5:45 PM

The cause for immigration reform received a huge boost following Obama’s reelection. Because they were erroneously told that Hispanics cost them the election, many Republicans have decided to vote for immigration reform even if it is written by liberal Democrats and is, essentially, a replay of the failed 1986 immigration reform law. The problem with this is that it is based on a faulty assumption.

Contrary to popular belief, which is constantly regurgitated by the MSM, pundits, and Progressives on both side of the aisle, the Hispanic vote did NOT decide last year’s election. In fact, Hispanic turnout was lower in 2012 (48%) than it was in 2008 (49.9%). Further, the number of Hispanic voters, who elected not to vote in the 2012 presidential election, increased even more – by 2.3 million – from 9.8 million in 2008 to 12.1 million in 2012, according to a report issued by the US Census Bureau in May, 2013.

Even though Obama received 3.6 million fewer votes in 2012 than he did in 2008, he increased his vote totals in two categories: Middle-aged African-Americans and elderly black women. Both groups turned out in their highest percentage ever and only these two groups voted in larger numbers in 2012 compared to 2008: blacks aged 45-64, and blacks over the age of 65 — mostly elderly black women.

In 2008, participation was as follows:

White: 66.1%
Black: 64.7%
Hispanic: 49.9%
Asian: 47.6%

In 2012, participation was as follows:

White: 64.1%
Black: 66.2%
Hispanic: 48%
Asian: 47.3%

The decrease in white voter participation was countered by an increase in black votes, which made the difference for Obama. According to the Census report, the Hispanic vote was not the deciding factor no matter how often people say that it was.

Did Republicans lose the 2012 election because of Hispanics? Not according to The New York Times’ Nate Silver and Byron York of the Washington Examiner:

Even With 70% of Hispanic Vote, Romney Still Would Have Lost … Winning Hispanic Vote Would Not Be Enough For GOP

In 2012, President Obama famously won 71 percent of the Hispanic vote to Mitt Romney’s 27 percent. If all other factors remained the same, how large a percentage of the Hispanic vote would Romney have had to win to capture the White House?

What if Romney had won 44 percent of the Hispanic vote, the high-water mark for Republicans achieved by George W. Bush in 2004?

As it turns out, if Romney had hit that Bush mark, he still would have lost, with 240 electoral votes to 298 for Obama.

But what if Romney had been able to make history and attract 50 percent of Hispanic voters? What then?

He still would have been beaten, 283 electoral votes to 255.

What if Romney had been able to do something absolutely astonishing for a Republican and win 60 percent of the Hispanic vote?

He would have lost by the same margin, 283 electoral votes to 255.

But what if Romney had been able to reach a mind-blowing 70 percent of the Hispanic vote? Surely that would have meant victory, right?

No, it wouldn’t. Romney still would have lost, although by the narrowest of electoral margins, 270 to 268.

According to the [New York] Times’ calculator, Romney would have had to win 73 percent of the Hispanic vote to prevail in 2012…Which suggests that Romney, and Republicans, had bigger problems than Hispanic voters.

The most serious of those problems was that Romney was not able to connect with white voters who were so turned off by the campaign that they abandoned the GOP and in many cases stayed away from the polls altogether. Recent reports suggest as many as 5 million white voters simply stayed home on Election Day. If they had voted at the same rate they did in 2004, even with the demographic changes since then, Romney would have won.

Likewise, the white vote is so large that an improvement of 4 points — going from 60 percent to 64 percent of those whites who did vote — would have won the race for Romney.

Resist We Much on June 27, 2013 at 6:29 PM

Rubio’s first big national push for legislation, did he stand shoulder to shoulder with the Republicans, Conservatives and TEA Party folks, who against all odds made him a US Senator? Is Rubio working with us to shrink the size of government, cutting Government spending, cutting taxes, protecting the unborn?

No, Rubio is opposing Conservatives, he’s standing with and working for the liberal and hugely partisan NY Senator Chuck Schumer to implement the absolute reprobate Teddy Kennedy’s dream of a permanent national Democrat majority in place. They will repeat the success of Kennedy’s 1965 immigration bill that eventually delivered a permanent Democrat majority in the state of California.

Yesterday Rubio made an appeal to Conservatives in which he talked about the distrust of the federal government and the betrayals. All Rubio has to do is look in the mirror to see one of the biggest betrayals in Congress today.

RJL on June 27, 2013 at 6:29 PM

Resist We Much on June 27, 2013 at 6:29 PM

You’re such a great reporter and lawyer.

Schadenfreude on June 27, 2013 at 6:33 PM

Can you imagine Schumer when he’s off camera marveling at the stupidity of Rubio and others. “I did it to them in 1986 and they’re letting me do it to them AGAIN? They’re even out there admonishing their own base for trying to stop me!”

It’s like child’s play for the Left with this crowd of credulous fools.

rrpjr on June 27, 2013 at 6:33 PM

Conservatives are the RINOs now. Our values aren’t wanted by the rEEpublican Party.

I call the kind of folks we used to call RINOs, DIABLOs now.
Democrats In All But Label Only.

and for those of you who haven’t studied the soon to be required language, diablo means devil en Espanol.

LegendHasIt on June 27, 2013 at 6:33 PM

Since when do Hispanics reward Republicans for legalising illegal aliens. They most certainly did not after the 1986 amnesty…

In 1980: Carter received 56% of the Hispanic vote while Reagan only got 37% — a difference of 19%.

In 1984: Mondale received 66% of the Hispanic vote while Reagan only got 34.82% — a difference of 31.18%.

In 1986: President Ronald Reagan signed The Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986 a/k/a Simpson-Mazzilo into law, which granted amnesty to 3 million illegal immigrants, the vast majority of which were Hispanic.

In 1988: Michael Dukakis won 70.15% of the Hispanic vote while the Vice-President of the man who legalised millions of Hispanics, George H W Bush, received a mere 30.85% — a difference of 39.3%.

If Hispanics could be purchased with amnesty, then they would have overwhelmingly voted Republican in 1988. They didn’t so that should tell the “brains” in the GOP something.

Continuing on…

In 1992: Bill Clinton won 61% of the Hispanic vote while President George H.W. Bush won 25% – a difference of 36%.

In 1996: President Bill Clinton won 72% of the Hispanic vote while Senator Bob Dole received a mere 21% – a difference of 51%.

In 2000: Vice-President Al Gore won 62% of the Hispanic vote while George W Bush won only 35% – a difference of 27%.

In 2004: Senator John Kerry won 58% of the Hispanic vote while President George W Bush won 40% – a difference of 18%.

In 2008: Senator Barack Obama, who voted AGAINST President Bush’s immigration reform, won 67% of the Hispanic vote while Senator John McAmnesty won a mere 31% – a difference of 36%.

In 2012: President Barack Obama won 71% of the Hispanic vote while Mitt Romney won only 27% – a difference of 44%.

Resist We Much on June 27, 2013 at 6:35 PM

‘The bigger problem [Republicans] have got with Latinos isn’t immigration. It’s their economic policies and health care [and] the group that supported the president’s health care bill the most? Latinos. Obama’s majority support among Florida’s Cuban-Americans was probably my favourite stat of the whole campaign.’

- David Plouffe, Obama campaign manager

So, in order to Hispander, will those supposedly ‘Conservative’ Republicans like Marco Rubio abandon their pursuit to repeal Obama and just decide to expand it for the group that supports it most?

Resist We Much on June 27, 2013 at 6:37 PM

TYVM, Schad!

Resist We Much on June 27, 2013 at 6:38 PM

You’re such a great reporter and lawyer.
Schadenfreude on June 27, 2013 at 6:33 PM

There must be 4-5 RWM clones. No way one person could do all that she does, with such detail and precision.

LegendHasIt on June 27, 2013 at 6:40 PM

I feel like Trayvon Martin today… Too soon?

Okay, just delete it… Tragedy plus time, tragedy plus time

Fallon on June 27, 2013 at 6:41 PM

Trust me. [Rubio] will do much better than 65 percent of the Hispanic vote.

No, he won’t.

Pincher Martin on June 27, 2013 at 6:41 PM

terryannonline on June 27, 2013 at 5:54 PM

It’s not about conservative “purity”. It’s about the very basics of national security and sovereignty. When a Republican can’t manage the most basic of core values, he’s got NOTHING of merit to offer.

Yeah… we got snookered by Marco Rubio. As Allah pointed out above, he gives a pretty damned good speech. But the bottom line is that he LIED to us. He said one thing on the stump… then did another. And if he had been honest, if he had said straight up to voters in Florida that he would be doing this, he most likely wouldn’t have been elected. What that tells us is that the lies are for his personal benefit. He’s Barack Obama in Republican clothing.

And so is every other of the 14 RINO snakes just like him.

Murf76 on June 27, 2013 at 6:41 PM

Trust me. He will do much better than 65 percent.

No, he won’t

Pincher Martin on June 27, 2013 at 6:43 PM

Whne Rubio and any of the rEEpublican backstabbers ask you for money, send them these C-notes instead.

LegendHasIt on June 27, 2013 at 6:46 PM

Just testing–my last comment was blocked with no censored words in it.

MaiDee on June 27, 2013 at 6:12 PM

Same thing happened to me with one particular comment the other day. The comments I made after those all showed up fine.

PatriotGal2257 on June 27, 2013 at 6:48 PM

Underestimate him at your own peril.

terryannonline on June 27, 2013 at 5:54 PM

It’s those 15 RINOs who have underestimated the seriousness of this vote. The closest example of just how bad this is going to go down for them is if they’d voted for Obamacare. Each and every one is deserving of the same derision as Arlen Specter was treated to over his vote on Porkulus. They’re all turncoats of the same stripe.

Murf76 on June 27, 2013 at 6:54 PM

Underestimate him at your own peril.

terryannonline on June 27, 2013 at 5:54 PM

Murf76 on June 27, 2013 at 6:55 PM

Lying is just another result of the moral fabric of America rotting away. I guess the term such an “inconsistent ” is just another highly intelligent way of blowing off the term lie. More proof that we are fighting a very difficult battle.

mobydutch on June 27, 2013 at 7:02 PM

Rubio looks and sounds like a cheap, phony, sweaty pig.

bluegill on June 27, 2013 at 7:05 PM

F Rubio.

toliver on June 27, 2013 at 7:37 PM

I’m beginning to wonder if the goal of the squishes wasn’t to just beat the Conservative base down until we no longer care. If that was where they were heading they are close to success – I’m at the point where it seems a waste of time to do anything political. of course that means I won’t be supporting the squishes come election time since they’re not really different from the Left.

katiejane on June 27, 2013 at 7:42 PM

I don’t vote for Representatives in Mexico, if someone in DC wants to Represent Mexican Nationals, they should invade Mexico and vote at their polls….if they can.

When did the American Senate quit representing the American people ? Did I miss something ?

JayTee on June 27, 2013 at 7:43 PM

Resist We Much on June 27, 2013 at 6:35 PM

I had NO idea.

IlikedAUH2O on June 27, 2013 at 7:51 PM

JayTee on June 27, 2013 at 7:43 PM

I am learning to adjust.

On one level it is quite amusing to watch the American people.

The electronic and print media and school systems create this weird reality.

The live mice in the glass cage with the python play on the toys and eat the cheese and can barely make out the long bump in the corner.

IlikedAUH2O on June 27, 2013 at 7:56 PM

Resist We Much on June 27, 2013 at 6:37 PM

But Hispanics work hard and hate abortion…they are CATHOLICS, for goodness’ sakes!

The Catholic Church is like the Loyal Order of Moose or that club Fred Flintstone is belonged to, down there, if anybody ever bothered to go and look. Some old ladies and mental defectives really pray a lot.

Did anyone listen to his story?

I never did like that guy.

IlikedAUH2O on June 27, 2013 at 8:03 PM

Speaker John Boehner said today that any House-Senate compromise must have majority of the House GOP support before he will bring to the entire House for a vote. “For any legislation — including the conference report — to pass the House it’s going to have to be a bill that has the support of the majority of our members,” Boehner told reporters Thursday.

davidk on June 27, 2013 at 8:03 PM

davidk on June 27, 2013 at 8:03 PM

Translation:
I’m gonna have to insert even more pork into the bill, and show some of the ones who still oppose a hint of what the NSA gave 0bama on them.

LegendHasIt on June 27, 2013 at 8:09 PM

Obama is the most charismatic Democrat I’ve seen.

Wow.

faraway on June 27, 2013 at 8:15 PM

terryannonline on June 27, 2013 at 5:43 PM

Perfect example to anyone who wonders why the Republic has gone to hell.

LegendHasIt on June 27, 2013 at 5:47 PM

She doesn’t strike you as a deep thinker Legend?

arnold ziffel on June 27, 2013 at 8:22 PM

Charismatic traitors are not helpful.

faraway on June 27, 2013 at 8:25 PM

Not even a shallow one, Arnold.

LegendHasIt on June 27, 2013 at 8:26 PM

Traitorous bastard. Rot in hell. In the meantime, will do everything possible to thwart Rubio and the rest of the traitors of both parties that voted for this. They have declared their intent to destroy this country. We must respond accordingly.

Midas on June 27, 2013 at 8:28 PM