Matthews: Obama phoning the Prop 8 plaintiffs today was like Nixon phoning the astronauts

posted at 7:21 pm on June 26, 2013 by Allahpundit

Via Greg Hengler. Alternate headline: “Even Tingles starting to compare Obama to Nixon.”

It’s a bit before my time, so remind me: Did Nixon run for president in ’68 opposing the Apollo program the way Obama opposed gay marriage to convince especially gullible social conservatives that he was some kind of middle-of-the-roader on “values”? Even now, I’m amazed at what a total pass he’s gotten on that. Marco Rubio may decide tomorrow that he’s “evolved” into a border hawk and therefore must vote against the Gang of Eight, but that won’t excuse him for having deceived the voters three years ago by posing as something he really wasn’t on this issue. He lied, on a subject that a lot of people care about, for his own personal political gain. He showed contempt for the voters. And so did Bambi, who as far as I can tell has paid not the slightest price for it and even now has Matthews fawning over the fact that he deigned to play approving National Father today.

This is one of the most grating things about the movement towards legalizing gay marriage, even for someone like me who supports it: Too many proponents seem too willing to grant each other rhetorical carte blanche after “evolving,” no matter how long they opposed SSM before and no matter how nasty they might get now with people who hold the same stance in opposition that they used to. If you go to bed on Monday opposed to gay marriage and wake up on Tuesday in favor, there’s no issue, it seems, with calling opponents “bigots” and “h8ers” on Tuesday afternoon. O was a fraud for years on this subject, for selfish reasons, and reversed himself last year only after he’d decided that the road to reelection was by rallying and turning out his liberal base. If he thought his only chance was by holding onto some social conservative votes, he’d be anti-SSM even now. And yet all that’s forgotten; suddenly he’s the leader of the gay-marriage spirit squad, with duly admiring coverage from his fans at MSNBC. It’s good to be the king.

Comments

Actually it’s more like Kennedy doing Marilyn Monroe…

Skywise on June 26, 2013 at 7:22 PM

Pee running down his leg. Pee?

Bmore on June 26, 2013 at 7:22 PM

That phone call stunt was gay.

VegasRick on June 26, 2013 at 7:24 PM

Matthews is a space cadet.

kingsjester on June 26, 2013 at 7:24 PM

“I will tell you that I don’t believe in gay marriage, but I do think that people who are gay and lesbian should be treated with dignity and respect and that the state should not discriminate against them,”

-Obama, 2009

Read more at http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=525_1242662127#vifdIDIRuJPXMFpV.99

CW on June 26, 2013 at 7:25 PM

Why,…. what do gays use birth control for?

Bmore on June 26, 2013 at 7:26 PM

Being homosexual, which homosexuals and Obama tell us is common, is like being first to land on the moon? Which no one before Armstrong and Aldrin ever did?

Ummm…okay….

Liam on June 26, 2013 at 7:26 PM

He has a 50 year lease on an Obama Colon Condo.

Chris Matthews: One Of The Original Birthers?

POTD: ‘Cuz Wearing Obama’s Heart On His Sleeve Is Not Enough For Chris Matthews

What an embarrassment to humanity.

Resist We Much on June 26, 2013 at 7:28 PM

Where’s Bubba?

Our last Democratic president, Bill Clinton, signed the antigay Defense of Marriage Act (DOMA), saying then, “I have long opposed governmental recognition of same-gender marriages, and this legislation is consistent with that position.

TheDaily Beast.

CW on June 26, 2013 at 7:28 PM

Really — What is Matthews out to prove here?

I wouldn’t take this kind of thing from Rush. Why should I consider Matthews any better?

Liam on June 26, 2013 at 7:29 PM

Gay is natures way of eliminating the undesirable gene pools

The Notorious G.O.P on June 26, 2013 at 7:31 PM

Resist We Much on June 26, 2013 at 7:28 PM

Don’t you ever get tired of being right all the time?

How about giving us common folk a chance? (And I don’t mean liberals)

Liam on June 26, 2013 at 7:31 PM

Chrissy looks like he had an orgasm!

Jersey Dan on June 26, 2013 at 7:33 PM

Gay is natures way of eliminating the undesirable gene pools

The Notorious G.O.P on June 26, 2013 at 7:31 PM

That’s why they demand to be included in the mainstream.

Liam on June 26, 2013 at 7:34 PM

I am speechless. There are no lines left to cross.

wyntre9 on June 26, 2013 at 7:34 PM

Chrissy looks like he had an orgasm!

Jersey Dan on June 26, 2013 at 7:33 PM

Yuck.

CW on June 26, 2013 at 7:35 PM

Chrissy looks like he had an orgasm!

Jersey Dan on June 26, 2013 at 7:33 PM

That was so ugly a mental image, everyone here needs to take a hot shower with lye soap. :-)

Liam on June 26, 2013 at 7:35 PM

Pray for America.

JellyToast on June 26, 2013 at 7:36 PM

Blech

gophergirl on June 26, 2013 at 7:39 PM

Captain Slobber is itching for some hands on scenic tours down the Old Dusty Trail.

BigWyo on June 26, 2013 at 7:41 PM

It was Romney that lost the traditional marriage issue for us, an issue that up until Romney had worked in our favor.

When in early August of last year after several weeks of momentum and enthusiasm growing behind the ChickFilA protests and because of ChickFilA we saw that actually momentum was building for Romney, when Romney was asked then what he felt about the ChickFilA protests, and Mitt curtly said “that is not part of my campaign,” Republicans lost that issue (for ever?) and Romney lost the election. I could feel the air deflating out of Romney’s campaign. I and others came on hotair and implored Romney to remedy the situation, but Mitt did nothing.

What is most telling is that Obama made his big pro-gay-marriage pronouncement just a few days after Romney secured the R nomination. Obama knew full well that Romney would handle that issue poorly, and the result would be a huge loss of morale among Republicans, and the victory for O on his pet issue (gay marriage et al).

Now I don’t know if we could ever get that issue back. Maybe with the right candidate we could. But who knows.

anotherJoe on June 26, 2013 at 7:42 PM

As he is on any number of issues. Such as deficits and FISA, NSA, Patriot Act, etc., etc., etc. He’s the biggest fraud we’ve ever had in office.

scalleywag on June 26, 2013 at 7:44 PM

Pray for America.

JellyToast on June 26, 2013 at 7:36 PM

I can’t do that any more.

My prayers, at this point, are of the second-to-last verse of Revelation: “He which testifieth these thing sayest, ‘Surely I come quickly.’ Amen. Even so, come Lord Jesus.”

That’s all I have right now, any more.

Liam on June 26, 2013 at 7:45 PM

Now that the Court has so ruled, they can speed up Moochelle’s long-awaited transgender process.

TXUS on June 26, 2013 at 7:45 PM

Liam on June 26, 2013 at 7:31 PM

:-)

Resist We Much on June 26, 2013 at 7:46 PM

money quote right there….

for every issue…dems evolve, gop are just playing politics according to them

it never ends…

cmsinaz on June 26, 2013 at 7:46 PM

There are no lines left to cross.

Turn out those angels you’ve been harboring in your home so that we may know them

(A poor paraphrase from the new hottness–the Old Testament)

derit on June 26, 2013 at 7:48 PM

where’s that rainbow halo for the one…

cmsinaz on June 26, 2013 at 7:48 PM

Resist We Much on June 26, 2013 at 7:46 PM

Some got it, some don’t.

You’re full of it. (all puns intended — You’re impossible to match, let alone beat)

Liam on June 26, 2013 at 7:49 PM

Why,…. what do gays use birth control for?

Bmore on June 26, 2013 at 7:26 PM

…something to do with body chemical balance or something?

KOOLAID2 on June 26, 2013 at 7:49 PM

the entire msdnc crew was tingling today and the morning joe crew will continue in the am…

cmsinaz on June 26, 2013 at 7:49 PM

where’s that rainbow halo for the one…

cmsinaz on June 26, 2013 at 7:48 PM

The sun got in the way, like it blocked his teleprompter.

Liam on June 26, 2013 at 7:50 PM

Liam on June 26, 2013 at 7:50 PM

heh

cmsinaz on June 26, 2013 at 7:51 PM

Wait a tic…

Not So Fast: Prop 8 is Still California Law

Seven Percent Solution on June 26, 2013 at 7:51 PM

Seven Percent Solution on June 26, 2013 at 7:51 PM

hmmmm

need to *clink* on that…

cmsinaz on June 26, 2013 at 7:53 PM

Pray for America.

JellyToast on June 26, 2013 at 7:36 PM

I can’t do that any more.

That’s all I have right now, any more.

Liam on June 26, 2013 at 7:45 PM

I was praying for God to have mercy on America.

After all we’ve done to thumb our noses in His face–abortion, no-fault divorce, celebration of perversity–do we even have the right to ask for His mercy?

Maranatha–even so, Lord Jesus, come. Soon.

theotherone on June 26, 2013 at 7:54 PM

Why hasn’t Hot Air covered the suspicious car crash of Michael Hastings?

John the Libertarian on June 26, 2013 at 7:55 PM

No one ever asks this: What does Matthews have that makes him so morally superior?

Can he match Billy Graham?

I really want to see Matthews challenged for once.

Liam on June 26, 2013 at 7:56 PM

It’s really all a matter of perspective.

Our greatest enemy is our defeatist attitude. That all is lost and nothing we do matters.

What would a Democrat do if the court had ruled differently? Press on. That’s what we have to do. Press on.

Rush made a comment a week ago or so about his visit to the Normandy beaches. He said the Americans won against overwhelming odds for one simple reason…. they just kept coming. They kept climbing the cliffs.. soldier after soldier fell but they just kept climbing and eventually the tide turned.
There were over 10,000 casualties that day.

See.. the battle isn’t over. We are still on the beach and we are having casualties. The left wants us to believe it’s finished… but it’s not. We’re still going for the cliffs and we are going to climb them and turn this tide.

If we believe the battle is lost.. then it is. But what happens if the right refuses to quit, fall on the floor and suck it’s collective thumb?

The truth is.. there is more for us then there is against us. More people are on our side than are on the left’s side. They look bigger for 2 simple reasons… they have the media and they have won many victories in the courts.

Did the court settle the abortion issue? Why do we think homosexual marriage is settled?

There are a thousand ways to change our culture and to bring America back from the brink.

If congress delivers a constitutional amendment banning gay marriage to the states.. it is going to pass. It will pass. And if enough people get off the couch and out into the streets.. congress will deliver a constitutional amendment to the states.

Scott Walker has proven the impossible can be done. Yes.. it can get ugly… but America can still be saved.

JellyToast on June 26, 2013 at 7:57 PM

I can’t do that any more.

That’s all I have right now, any more.

Liam on June 26, 2013 at 7:45 PM

Me neither. And I’m tired of thinking that the problems is with ME.

Personally, I’m fond of the verses before that.

[10]

And he said to me, “Do not seal up the words of the prophecy of this book, for the time is near.

[11] Let the evildoer still do evil, and the filthy still be filthy, and the righteous still do right, and the holy still be holy.”
[12]

“Behold, I am coming soon, bringing my recompense, to repay every one for what he has done.

[13] I am the Alpha and the Omega, the first and the last, the beginning and the end.”
[14]

Blessed are those who wash their robes, that they may have the right to the tree of life and that they may enter the city by the gates.

[15] Outside are the dogs and sorcerers and fornicators and murderers and idolaters, and every one who loves and practices falsehood.

Cleombrotus on June 26, 2013 at 7:58 PM

I really want to see Matthews challenged for once.

Liam on June 26, 2013 at 7:56 PM

he wouldn’t let them get a word in edgewise….

cmsinaz on June 26, 2013 at 7:58 PM

theotherone on June 26, 2013 at 7:54 PM

I pray every night that I understand his reasoning and that I continue to have faith in him even if I don’t understand things.

Keeps me sane.

gophergirl on June 26, 2013 at 7:58 PM

need to *clink* on that…

cmsinaz on June 26, 2013 at 7:53 PM

*clinky!*

Seven Percent Solution on June 26, 2013 at 7:59 PM

gophergirl on June 26, 2013 at 7:58 PM

amen

cmsinaz on June 26, 2013 at 7:59 PM

here comes anderson cooper…he’s feelin the thrill right now…

cmsinaz on June 26, 2013 at 8:01 PM

theotherone on June 26, 2013 at 7:54 PM

We have no right, to be sure.

But, we can love God because He loved us first. As adopted, we can ask. He gives us that authority.

We can bind demons and Satan himself. Not of ourselves, but only though the Lord Jesus. I would tell you a story on that, but this isn’t the place for it.

Christians have power over demons, only through Christ our Lord.

I’m done praying for America, for it has become horribly decrepit and abased. All I have left now is for Christ to return, and leave those who reject Him to their own.

When God leaves them on their own, they will curse His Name for doing it. As if He is somehow ‘guilty’ for them reaping what they have sown all their lives.

Liam on June 26, 2013 at 8:04 PM

LOL The gay lobby has always realized that Obama’s lies weren’t intended for them to believe! If you are an amoral liberal, the end always justifies the means.

cynccook on June 26, 2013 at 8:04 PM

here comes anderson cooper…he’s feelin the thrill right now…

cmsinaz on June 26, 2013 at 8:01 PM

When you have nothing of substance within yourself, you’ll seek validation any place you can steal it.

Liam on June 26, 2013 at 8:05 PM

he wouldn’t let them get a word in edgewise….

cmsinaz on June 26, 2013 at 7:58 PM

That’s why God made baseball bats. LOL

Liam on June 26, 2013 at 8:07 PM

So if there is no intrinsic value to traditional marriage, what’s to bar consanguine gay marriage, too? First cousins, two brothers/two sisters, etc. If the only objection to consanguine unions was the potential for less-than-perfect offspring, and no such genetic offspring is possible from this type of homosexual arrangement, how can one deny that they’re just as valid as any other same-sex marriage?

cynccook on June 26, 2013 at 8:08 PM

Liam, TYVM. {{hugs}}

Resist We Much on June 26, 2013 at 8:14 PM

Liam, TYVM. {{hugs}}

Resist We Much on June 26, 2013 at 8:14 PM

~hugs~

Liam on June 26, 2013 at 8:15 PM

After all these years reading and commenting on HotAir, I wasn’t aware AP supported gay marriage…for some reason I’m under the impression that he was more an agnostic on that issue.

And sure, it ticks me off huge when these politicos “evolve”…or more accurately put, “pander”, as well. But that’s not what irks me most over the whole gay marriage debate. What really grinds my gears are how gays are perceived by most gay marriage opponents.

Almost every single comment thread about this topic sees comments describing gays as “abnormal”, “perverts”, “pedophiles”, “disease-spreaders”, “Christian haters”, “liberal far-left progressives” and the list goes on. It’s that kind of blanket stereotype that I’ve been trying my dangdest to, pardon the pun, set straight.

Comparing the Folsom Street morons as representative of gays is like comparing Westboro Baptist as representative of Christianity. It’s a no-brainer. And it’s that sort of thinking that kept me in the closet as long as I was…because I in no way saw myself to be the gay stereotype we’re all taught. Caused me a lot of sleepless nights.

I find myself defending the GOP and conservative political thought to the militant gays, while at the same time defending gays from some conservative criticism. It’s certainly interesting, but I don’t enjoy it.

In the end, our life on this planet is a flash in the pan compared to what awaits us in the afterlife. If Christ taught us anything…it was that we should love one another:

“For the whole Law is summarized in a single statement: “You must love your neighbor as yourself.” — Gal 5:14

“Love does no wrong to a neighbor. Therefore love is the fulfillment of the law.” — Rom 13:10

JetBoy on June 26, 2013 at 8:16 PM

JetBoy on June 26, 2013 at 8:16 PM

But that’s what the liberal media puts out, and it is pretty much how liberal gays want to be seen: In your face. Among them it;s about being homosexual, which isn’t what you are about.

Most of us know that.

Liam on June 26, 2013 at 8:21 PM

JetBoy on June 26, 2013 at 8:16 PM

What really grinds MY gears is how the “gay” movement has consistently used dishonest tactics to advance its agenda. It hasn’t been an honest campaign that used persuasion; it has always had to employ political power to advance its goals or dishonest rhetorical maneuvers to marginalize and demean anyone who disagrees with them.

If Christ taught us anything He taught us to first love Truth.

Cleombrotus on June 26, 2013 at 8:26 PM

I asked this question this morning: Is that Pat from the SNL skit on the right in the videoclip?

BuckeyeSam on June 26, 2013 at 8:32 PM

I was praying for God to have mercy on America.

Maranatha–even so, Lord Jesus, come. Soon.

theotherone on June 26, 2013 at 7:54 PM

“These are the times that try men’s souls.” Thomas Paine

I guess when he wrote these words they were trying times. We are in the midst of trying times as well. And this is when people either pack it in and just quit or keep moving.

You know.. I have days where I feel like it’s all going to be OK.. then I have days where I feel like it’s over. America is finished. What’s the point. Those are the days you have to inspire yourself and keep pressing on. And those are the days you have to tell yourself.. reach deep inside somewhere and say “My feelings don’t control me! Faith does!”

Pray and pray and pray and pray! But I’ll tell you one thing about prayer… if all we are doing is praying for our nation so we can stay comfortable…. so we can keep our cushy lifestyle.. so we can stay fat. Not going to work!
I actually think the church has grown fat and this is as much a clarion call from God.. a slap in the face if you will. What are we going to do? Are we ready to lay down and suck our thumbs or are we going to get serious and fall on our faces and cry out to God? Are we going to turn our children over to the libs? Or are we going to fight for our families and our futures?

And I sought for a man among them, that should make up the hedge, and stand in the gap before me for the land, that I should not destroy it: but I found none. Ezek. 22:30

Pray! Get your church together and pray! If your pastor won’t do it then find somebody who will pray with you and pray and fast and don’t quit until revival hits this country like a massive earthquake.. rocking every institution and business and bureaucracy.. doing things we never thought possible!

When you feel like all hope is gone.. point to the sky and proclaim that God rules in the affairs of men and that Jesus is coming to the US congress! Pray that the Supreme Court openly apologizes for past wicked rulings and reverses itself on abortion and a hundred other things! Don’t quit! Pray! Fast! And if you’ve sinned.. confess it and be done with it!

Pray for your local school! that the God is revealed to the youth and teachers alike! Pray for your local hospital! That revival breaks out there! Pray for your local police dept! That they all get saved and have nothing to do because crime drops so much! Pray for the impossible!

Yeah.. we need some good conservative righteous leaders! But they aren’t going to come nor can we depend on them if they do show up… unless this nation… or I should even say.. the churches of this nation repent, turn away from their own sin and get down on their knees and ask God to intervene in America! Not for our comfort.. but so the world would know that God is God!

I pray always that the day will come that the nations of the world would point their fingers at America and say “We thought America was finished! We thought she was gone.. but her people have turned back to their God and He has saved them! Truly America is a Christian nation again! Surely God has saved them!”

JellyToast on June 26, 2013 at 8:34 PM

What part of “blanket stereotypes” don’t you understand?

And have you missed all of the umpteen times I, and other gay commenters here, said that the large, loud vocal gay groups and organizations don’t speak for me…or for us. They do far more damage to the gay marriage debate than they do any good.

Most of us know that.

Liam on June 26, 2013 at 8:21 PM

You know that…and some other gay critics know that…but not everyone knows that. I certainly don’t say that gay marriage opponents are “bigots” and “homophobes” in a blanket condemnation, but it’s just like with the gays…the loud, vocal militant wing on both sides gets the attention.

JetBoy on June 26, 2013 at 8:36 PM

Matthews+Obama. It still equals ZERO.

GarandFan on June 26, 2013 at 8:40 PM

Agreed. Obama was against it, spent 4 years in office doing nothing in support of SSM, and was even defending DOMA at one point, yet all that’s been flushed down the memory hole. It’s remarkable.

changer1701 on June 26, 2013 at 8:43 PM

JetBoy on June 26, 2013 at 8:36 PM

How would you define a ‘militant’ though?

Those gays who want ‘in your face’ or those who just simply hold religious beliefs?

My idea of an aniti-gay militant is one who wants to stone homosexuals to death.

That’s not something I’m going abide.

Liam on June 26, 2013 at 8:44 PM

Matthews+Obama. It still equals ZERO.

GarandFan on June 26, 2013 at 8:40 PM

Matthews would be nothing and nowhere without Obama.

Liam on June 26, 2013 at 8:46 PM

What part of “blanket stereotypes” don’t you understand?

JetBoy on June 26, 2013 at 8:36 PM

Better wake up and smell the coffee, JetBoy. From the Stonewall Riots to today’s SC ruling, it’s been the large, loud vocal gay groups that have advanced the agenda. Not guys like you.

Cleombrotus on June 26, 2013 at 8:48 PM

Why hasn’t Hot Air covered the suspicious car crash of Michael Hastings?

John the Libertarian on June 26, 2013 at 7:55 PM

Because it doesn’t fit in with the status quo, business as usual Republican vs. Democrat politics that they desire.

Stuff like the JFK assassination and many, many other suspicious deaths since then make them feel uncomfortable. To admit that nasty, illegal, un-American things really do happen shakes their faith in America. So, they will maintain this mental image they have of how things should be rather than how they really are.

Dr. ZhivBlago on June 26, 2013 at 8:51 PM

Cleombrotus on June 26, 2013 at 8:48 PM

The Stonewall riots are a bit different a story…anyone long-time HotAir-head knows that 9 times out of 10 when there’s an altercation with police, I side with the cops. When those riots took place, it was illegal for gays to congregate in one place. And that’s only around 40 years ago. Are you also familiar with the UpStairs lounge fire in 1973? It much worse, and far sadder, than Stonewall.

Again, I was angry at you…not you specifically, but you know what I mean… for making that previous blanket statement about gays. It’s reassuring to know you are able to separate the militant lefties from, well…like you said…guys like me.

Believe me, I’m more ticked off with those militant gay groups than you could ever be…as they claim to represent me, and when I let them know what I think of them, I’m an “Uncle Tom” of teh gheys, or simply stoopit. My claim to fame at a few gay blogs and websites is that I’ve been banned from them for not falling in line with the liberal dogma.

Just sayin’.

JetBoy on June 26, 2013 at 9:08 PM

How would you define a ‘militant’ though?

That’s not something I’m going abide.

Liam on June 26, 2013 at 8:44 PM

Militant gays would include those “in your face” types that participate in and/or organize stupid shiz like that Chik-Fil-A “kiss-in” crud. They also include groups like the “Human Rights Campaign Fund” amongst a few others.

On the flip side, a militant would include those who weild holy scripture to condemn with, instead of showing love and compassion through the bible. Scripture shouldn’t be used to promote hate or bigotry…I’m pretty sure Jesus would agree.

Those that stone gays…they’re beyond militant. The term “insane” comes to mind :)

JetBoy on June 26, 2013 at 9:14 PM

Gay marriage is an oxymoron, a category error. Two people of the same sex cannot marry – by definition. It’s a category error, like wondering how far a mackerel can bicycle. (The new Geico commercials are all about category errors – wallets cannot hug you.) Why didn’t the gay community just create their own term for their union, argue for it’s usefulness to society and leave marriage alone?

mbabbitt on June 26, 2013 at 9:26 PM

No, this is more like Obysmal’s phone call to Sandra Fluke.

onlineanalyst on June 26, 2013 at 9:56 PM

That’s all I have right now, any more.

Liam on June 26, 2013 at 7:45 PM

That’s all you need. Don’t ever forget that.

NebCon on June 26, 2013 at 10:12 PM

From the Stonewall Riots to today’s SC ruling…

Cleombrotus on June 26, 2013 at 8:48 PM

JetBoy on June 26, 2013 at 9:08 PM

JetBoy, you’re misunderstanding my point.

JetBoy, I will go so far as to say that, if it weren’t for those “militant lefties” that have attacked and undermined the moral and cultural safeguards of America SINCE the Stonewall Riots, in order to advance their objectives, bringing us to the point we are today YOU , and thousands of other young men and women just like you wouldn’t even BE “gay”.

Cleombrotus on June 26, 2013 at 10:28 PM

Didn’t The Rolling Stones write a song about Chris Matthews? I’m pretty sure its the final track on Goats Head Soup, for those that feel like looking it up. I can’t think of the name. It’s Star…something…

jfkfc on June 26, 2013 at 10:55 PM

AP, here’s the awesome story, one atheist-conservative to another: where we are conservative, we will be failed, and when we are liberal, we will be failed. We deserve this, because we are open-minded enough to enjoy a hatchet to our head. Statists want to end us, and the rest are ostracized. Zombies are the least of our problems, yurp….

King B on June 26, 2013 at 11:28 PM

Obama is doing to conservatives what Reagan did to liberals – making them all look like kooks and cowards.

I disagree with Obama’s worldview with every fiber of my being, but you gotta give credit where it’s due … He’s playing the wedge issues, and conservatives are losing. Not that the Supreme Court rulings are affected by his positioning, but the culture is rapidly changing because he is standing strong in previously untenable political positions.

Nicole Coulter on June 27, 2013 at 12:24 AM

Dr. ZhivBlago on June 26, 2013 at 8:51 PM

We really have become the USSR.

John the Libertarian on June 27, 2013 at 12:49 AM

Barry and Michelle to come out as gay and lesbian next.

profitsbeard on June 27, 2013 at 2:09 AM

They’re like a bunch of schoolgirls waiting for their dream date to call . . . (giggle, tee hee . . . shut up, Judy!!!!!)

Like Nixon calling the astronauts? More like Bobby Sherman calling some contest winner from “Tiger Beat” . . .

tpitman on June 27, 2013 at 6:38 AM

So he phoned them when they win, but he won’t admit that his people in the IRS gave out the private information of the Pro Marriage organization http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2013/06/04/chairman-anti-gay-marriage-group-says-has-proof-irs-leaked-donor-details/ who was a plaintiff in the suit.

Absolutely no connection.