Quotes of the day

posted at 7:46 pm on June 22, 2013 by Allahpundit

Before the details were unveiled Thursday afternoon, Mr. Schumer reaches the South Carolinian by cellphone at his office in the Russell Senate Office Building to get “the story straight,” as Mr. Graham later puts it. I hear Mr. Graham’s half of the conversation. “Here was the breakthrough, Chuck, going big on the border,” he says. “I’ve always been thinking there will come a point when we want to just overwhelm the critics on the border and we found that opportunity. . . . You’re a good man. Bye.”…

Mr. Graham and John McCain, his closest friend in the Senate, took part in the stillborn effort of 2007. “What I’m not going to let happen this time is let the perfect be the enemy of the good,” Mr. Graham says. “Those are your choices: Status quo or the Gang of Eight bill.”…

“Schumer’s been incredible,” Mr. Graham says. “He’s a worthy successor to Ted Kennedy, and that’s saying a lot.” Marco Rubio, who joined the Gang of Eight in January, “has been a game-changer who’s been terrific on our side.” Dick Durbin, Mr. Graham says, is “tough but practical, always fighting for [organized] labor’s interest.”

***

Even Corker — one of the two senators whose names are atop the amendment — said Thursday that he doesn’t think it goes far enough to make sure that immigration laws are enforced away from the border.

The union that represents Immigration and Customs Enforcement officers says its members have been hamstrung by policies limiting their ability to arrest foreigners who are in the United States illegally, and that the pending legislation and border surge amendment do little to address that.

Corker said Thursday that he wanted to add that type of enforcement to the surge measure, but could not. He didn’t say exactly why that was the case, but it’s likely Democratic senators or the White House may have objected.

“I do wish this amendment had some other measures relative to interior security, but I think the House can improve this,” he said. “I think a conference can improve this. So I hope we have the opportunity down the road to see that occur.”

***

The Senate Conservatives Fund, once affiliated with former Sen. Jim DeMint of South Carolina, is accusing McConnell of “quietly allowing” the Gang of Eight bill to move through the upper chamber. In an email to supporters, the fund’s executive director Matt Hoskins urged the Kentucky Republican not only to oppose the bill, but also to rally his entire caucus in opposition.

“A simple ‘No’ vote is not enough from a leader. We’re asking Senator McConnell to use his position as the Republican Leader to defeat it,” Hoskins wrote on Saturday morning…

Like most members of the Senate Republican Conference, McConnell has not indicated how he will vote on the final bill or its new border security title negotiated by Sens. John Hoeven (R-N.D.) and Bob Corker (R-Tenn.) and the Gang of Eight. However, he has said the underlying Gang of Eight bill has “serious flaws.”

***

Speaker of the House John Boehner recently offered an interesting perspective on how Republicans should approach the immigration bill: “I don’t see any way of bringing an immigration bill to the floor that doesn’t have a majority support of Republicans.” Instead, he wants to pass a bill in the House with a “majority of the majority.”

That makes a lot of sense, and it makes you wonder why none of the Republican leaders in the Senate seem to have thought of it. Instead, they spent all of their time negotiating with Chuck Schumer in the Gang of Eight, instead of first figuring out what they needed to do to get their own people on board. But perhaps that would have required guys like John McCain and Lindsey Graham to sit down and take seriously the hotheads and “wacko birds” like Ted Cruz and Rand Paul.

As I have argued, this was an issue on which the Republicans really needed a leader or leaders who would show they could bridge the divisions in their party and get everyone to back a common approach. The fact that no one rose to that leadership challenge is a bad sign for 2016, because it means that none of the rising stars in Congress was able to demonstrate the leadership skills that would really qualify him for a future presidential run.

***

The legislative strategy pursued by the Gang of Eight in the last few days strikes me as a little strange. The response to the CBO analysis of the bill—which said it would reduce the deficit but do fairly little to reduce illegal immigration—has been to throw money at the border, in an effort to keep alive the possibility of getting 70 votes in the Senate. Both the means and the end of that strategy seem ill-considered, from the point of view of the bill’s champions.

The means seem unwise because surely a major concession on border security is the most plausible card they could play with the House when the time comes, and playing it now leaves them with nothing obvious to give the House later on—no significant-seeming change to the bill that Democrats could live with but that might move some meaningful number of Republicans. Assuming they are not concerned about getting the 60 votes they need to actually pass their bill in the Senate (a number they seem likely to reach without the Corker amendment or a similar concession), making this concession now makes the ultimate enactment of a bill along the lines of theirs less likely, and perhaps significantly less likely.

They’re doing it, we are told, to get to 70 votes. But why is that an important goal? By what logic would it make a Republican member of the House more likely to vote for the bill? A 70 vote margin made up of all 54 Senate Democrats and 16 of the chamber’s 46 Republicans isn’t going to move a lot of House Republicans. Surely the number of votes doesn’t amount to a substantive argument for the bill, and as a political argument I don’t see why the prospect of aligning with Senate Democrats against nearly two thirds of the Senate Republicans would be appealing to a skeptical House member.

The more likely message that a larger Senate margin would send to the House is that there is a lot of room for changes in the bill.

***

So that’s what comprehensive immigration reform looks like. Stronger enforcement. A smarter legal immigration system. A pathway to earned citizenship. A more vibrant, growing economy that’s fairer on the middle class. And a more stable fiscal future for our kids.

Now, the bill isn’t perfect. It’s a compromise. Nobody is going to get everything they want – not Democrats, not Republicans, not me. But it’s consistent with the principles that I and others have laid out for commonsense reform. That’s why Republicans and Democrats, CEOs and labor leaders, are saying that now is the time to pass this bill. If you agree with us, reach out to your Senators and Representatives. Tell them that the time for excuses is over; it’s time to fix our broken immigration system once and for all.

We can do this, because we are a nation of laws and a nation of immigrants; a place enriched by the contributions of people from all over the world, and stronger for it. That’s been the story of America from the start. Let’s keep it going.

***

Via Mediaite.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 5 6 7

Snowden wants a country which spies on you less than Barky and gropes less than Big Sis Incompetano.

I guess Cuba is the natural choice….

viking01 on June 23, 2013 at 7:09 AM

Anti-Control on June 23, 2013 at 7:06 AM

HAL needs to be banned, far as I’m concerned. He’s just an abuser, a sick mind.

Liam on June 23, 2013 at 7:11 AM

Here’s all I’m saying, to be more succinct.

whatcat on June 23, 2013 at 7:02 AM

I understood that, and I just don’t happen to agree with your position – calling my reasoning, which is apparently consistent with the HA mods, “confused,” is completely subjective & arbitrary, rendering it meaningless to me…

Anti-Control on June 23, 2013 at 7:11 AM

I want only HAL banned. He admitted he’s obnoxious, and that’s how he behaves all the time.
The other trolls are simply stupid. They’re not like HAL in the least. Sure, stupidity on that level deserves a firing squad. But the basic intent of other trolls isn’t nastiness.
Liam on June 23, 2013 at 7:04 AM

I’m for a full deinfesting. It’s not as if it’s hard to find stupid insulting liberals elsewhere online, in the media, in politics or in real life. Clean sweep is my vote.

whatcat on June 23, 2013 at 7:14 AM

Speaking from experience from Moderation Purgatory Cove,
for O/T News Alerts,which were not on said thread
topic,

AP/ED,will you please Re-InState ALT.

TODAY would be,like,perfect.

Thank-You,

Canopfor

canopfor on June 23, 2013 at 7:17 AM

HAL needs to be banned, far as I’m concerned. He’s just an abuser, a sick mind.

Liam on June 23, 2013 at 7:11 AM

I understand your position, but getting the mods to agree with you is to tilt at windmills imo.

Why not conserve your energy, lower your blood pressure, and advocate for trollcotting instead? There is no appeal for trolls like Shallow HAL in a thread full of people like me who ignore him, is there?

Anti-Control on June 23, 2013 at 7:17 AM

whatcat on June 23, 2013 at 7:14 AM

I look for the entertainment value. For example, both libfree and bluegill are the anti-genius type.

You can’t find comedy like that very easily.

Liam on June 23, 2013 at 7:18 AM

I guess Cuba is the natural choice….

viking01 on June 23, 2013 at 7:09 AM

lol this is too funny & sad…

Anti-Control on June 23, 2013 at 7:19 AM

Wait till I start nagging. LOL

Anti-Control on June 23, 2013 at 7:17 AM

Trollcotts don’t work, because I, for one, can’t always keep my mouth shut.

What WILL work, I say, is HAL getting kicked out — the ultimate rejection. It will gall him to no end to be denied a place to spew.

Liam on June 23, 2013 at 7:22 AM

Anti-Control on June 23, 2013 at 7:11 AM

I don’t mean this as an insult, more as a commentary on the sorry state of HA comment moderation…But you have pretty much summed up what plaques the moderation itself – subjective, arbitrary, no rhyme or reason, meaningless – or as I described it earlier, “schizophrenic”. Worst of all, lacking in basic common sense.

I’m not sure if you’re saying it’s the moderation that is thus confused but you agree with it or what. But if you agree with a confused (at best) moderation style, wouldn’t that make it a “confusion à deux”? Or maybe you were bemoaning it – it’s too dang early for me to ken it out.

whatcat on June 23, 2013 at 7:27 AM

it’s too dang early for me to ken it out.

whatcat on June 23, 2013 at 7:27 AM

~passes you a cup of coffee~

Liam on June 23, 2013 at 7:29 AM

I guess Cuba is the natural choice….

viking01 on June 23, 2013 at 7:09 AM

viking01:

Could be,I think Snowden wanted to let the world know who Obama
truly was,and not what the MSM has been portraying Obama as the
LightBringer,and Holier than thou!!

Oh,maybe after 7 years of this bull-sh*t,of Hopey the Great,
Snowden had enough!:)

canopfor on June 23, 2013 at 7:29 AM

Now, you see, folks — This is what HA is really about. Friends and colleagues having a nice time together, free of abusive trolls like HAL.

Liam on June 23, 2013 at 7:30 AM

Tin Soldiers and Nixon Obama coming!
Nixon asks if we miss him yet.
I do.
Sherman1864 on June 23, 2013 at 6:04 AM
We’re finally on our own…
Liam on June 23, 2013 at 6:06 AM

This summer I hear the drumming,
Four dead in Benghazi ….

Sherman1864 on June 23, 2013 at 7:31 AM

This summer I hear the drumming,
Four dead in Benghazi ….

Sherman1864 on June 23, 2013 at 7:31 AM

Sh*t and shinola! I forget the rest of the song! LOL

Liam on June 23, 2013 at 7:33 AM

Got on some Alan Parsons…

Liam on June 23, 2013 at 7:34 AM

Trollcotts don’t work, because I, for one, can’t always keep my mouth shut.

Liam on June 23, 2013 at 7:22 AM

You don’t even know that you’ll ever succeed in getting Shallow HAL banned, the evidence suggests that it will never happen, yet you try anyway. Why?

You wouldn’t deny that your admitted inability to control yourself around trolls like Shallow HAL is a failure on your part, would you? Do you think it’s fair to those of us who can control ourselves around trolls that you keep opening the door to them when they scratch? I will tell you that I don’t believe you are being very considerate of those who don’t have your problem…

Wouldn’t it be great if we could have offshoots of threads, where trolls & those who want to argue with them were shunted whenever the trolls started acting up? I’d be up for it! :)

Anti-Control on June 23, 2013 at 7:34 AM

New Sen. Menendez scandal. At least this woman was an adult.

Philly on June 23, 2013 at 7:35 AM

Anti-Control on June 23, 2013 at 7:17 AM

Ir’s true that it’s often difficult to jolt some people away from stuck on stupid. It’s like “Yes, we know it’s a stupid way to do things but we’re not gonna change.”

That’s why I suggested in addition to contacting the hired help to also contact the shop owner:

No clicks, no referrals, no purchases tends to get attention.

(One could also note HA advertisers and rattle their cages.)

whatcat on June 23, 2013 at 7:37 AM

~passes you a cup of coffee~
Liam on June 23, 2013 at 7:29 AM

Yeah, that should help. Either that or sleep, heh.

whatcat on June 23, 2013 at 7:39 AM

Hmmm. FBI link to Hastings death, or just more paranoia?

Philly on June 23, 2013 at 7:39 AM

Anti-Control on June 23, 2013 at 7:34 AM

Because I’m stubborn as hell. *L*

I’m also long out of patience with liberals, they burned up my goodwill a long time ago. If you can still put up with them, more power to you, friend. But, I hate to say, you might one day end up where I am.

“Beware the wrath of a patient man.”

If and when you finally blow your lid, call me. I’m going to want to see that happen. Unless it’s aimed at me, of course!

Liam on June 23, 2013 at 7:41 AM

Oh,maybe after 7 years of this bull-sh*t,of Hopey the Great,
Snowden had enough!:)
canopfor on June 23, 2013 at 7:29 AM

The Russia Today article I cited earlier seemed to suggest the itinerary was to be HK to Russia to Iceland.

whatcat on June 23, 2013 at 7:42 AM

Yeah, that should help. Either that or sleep, heh.

whatcat on June 23, 2013 at 7:39 AM

The coffee is Kona. The only thing that tastes better is the kiss of a beautiful woman.

Liam on June 23, 2013 at 7:42 AM

The latest on NSA leaker Edward Snowden’s departure from Hong Kong: http://t.co/eAbVylY4XS -CC – @AP

Story metadata:
Submitted 9 mins ago from twitter.com/AP by partner
====================================================

US fugitive #Snowden may fly to Cuba from Moscow, Russian news agency Interfax says http://t.co/SbOnZTpb09 – @BBCBreaking

Story metadata:
Submitted 1 hour ago from twitter.com/BBCBreaking by partner

canopfor on June 23, 2013 at 7:42 AM

Hmmm. FBI link to Hastings death, or just more paranoia?

Philly on June 23, 2013 at 7:39 AM

Sad to say – but in today’s America, under Obama, nothing would surprise me.

whatcat on June 23, 2013 at 7:44 AM

Good Morning, Patriots! O/T: Some Sunday thoughts on “The Cost of Idolatry” My take.

kingsjester on June 23, 2013 at 7:46 AM

kingsjester on June 23, 2013 at 7:46 AM

Oh, jeez.

Don’t you get bored being right all the time? ~S~

Happy Sunday, Jester!

Liam on June 23, 2013 at 7:49 AM

Liam on June 23, 2013 at 7:42 AM

Send both.

whatcat on June 23, 2013 at 7:49 AM

Philly on June 23, 2013 at 7:39 AM

There are no more coincidences.

esr1951 on June 23, 2013 at 7:52 AM

Send both.

whatcat on June 23, 2013 at 7:49 AM

I’ll gladly send the Kona.

You’re on your own for the chick.

Liam on June 23, 2013 at 7:53 AM

Oh,maybe after 7 years of this bull-sh*t,of Hopey the Great,
Snowden had enough!:)
canopfor on June 23, 2013 at 7:29 AM

whatcat on June 23, 2013 at 7:42 AM

whatacat:Interesting,Snowdens On The Run World Tour!:)

canopfor on June 23, 2013 at 7:53 AM

Liam on June 23, 2013 at 7:49 AM

And, to you, my friend! Trust me. I’m far from being right, all the time. Just ask my Bride. :)

kingsjester on June 23, 2013 at 7:56 AM

whatcat on June 23, 2013 at 7:27 AM

What I am saying is that the PTB here have indicated to us how they are going to moderate, and adapting wisely to their conception is a better idea than to stew & complain about it.

I am not saying, “Don’t complain about the moderation if you don’t like it,” only that if you want to complain about it, do it in manner which might have an impact rather than repeatedly talk about it in threads amongst people who do not yield mod power. IOW, idly complaining while hoping for change is a misuse of resources.

Anti-Control on June 23, 2013 at 7:57 AM

I’ll gladly send the Kona.
You’re on your own for the chick.
Liam on June 23, 2013 at 7:53 AM

I was hoping for a delicious wahine to go with the delicious Kona. Ah, well….

whatacat:Interesting,Snowdens On The Run World Tour!:)
canopfor on June 23, 2013 at 7:53 AM

I want the T-Shirt!

whatcat on June 23, 2013 at 7:57 AM

kingsjester on June 23, 2013 at 7:56 AM

I never ask the wife about the man. I was once married. I know better.

I have yet to figure out why a woman says she married the perfect man, then spends the rest of her life trying to change him.

The reason married men die younger than their women is because they want to.

My divorce added ten years to my life.

I once had a long-lasting headache. Then she divorced me.

My ex wife gave great head(ache).

I could do this lame stuff all day…

Liam on June 23, 2013 at 8:01 AM

I was hoping for a delicious wahine to go with the delicious Kona. Ah, well….

whatcat on June 23, 2013 at 7:57 AM

I got my hands full already, with my ex-girlfriend, her ex-girlfriend, and her ex’s current girlfriend. At this point, I’m beginning to feel I’m a lesbian trapped in a man’s body.

I pray to God they all don’t all synchronize their periods. I don’t have the money to take a week’s vacation to Mars.

Liam on June 23, 2013 at 8:06 AM

Because I’m stubborn as hell. *L*

You are misunderstanding my thought about trolls – I can’t stand them either, and my way of not putting up with them by ignoring & refusing to indulge them, and to reach out to others like you & encourage you to do the same!

If we band together, they will die of (attention) starvation!

“Beware the wrath of a patient man.”

Liam on June 23, 2013 at 7:41 AM

lol :)

I went through dealing with leftarded behavior in my own family years ago, so I’ve already gotten my surface/personal anger out toward such people – now all that’s left is intellectual contempt for their existence! :)

Anti-Control on June 23, 2013 at 8:10 AM

The only thing that’s been indicated re:moderation is confusion. Hence all the WTFlukes??? by folks here.

Anti-Control on June 23, 2013 at 7:57 AM

Actually, if it’s done effectively it will have an effect. e.g. can you imagine in every thread in at least the first page the comments being nothing but “ban the trolls, stop disappearing the hail and well met HA regulars”, “no click-thrus, no revenue” or the like?

I mean am “I’m Spartacus” show of solidarity of page scrolling, not just a rare grumbling here and there.

Remember the squeaky wheel.

whatcat on June 23, 2013 at 8:10 AM

Sh*t and shinola! I forget the rest of the song! LOL

Liam on June 23, 2013 at 7:33 AM

I own a copy of “4-way street” (double csny album, iirc) which has the words but i haven’t listened to it for 30 years or so. However, I listened to it so much that, from memory:

Chorus
Tin soldiers and Nixon coming
We’re finally on our own
This summer I hear the drumming
4 dead in ohio

Gotta get down to it
soldiers are cutting us down
should have been gone long ago
What if you knew her and found her dead on the ground
How can you run when you know

Repeat Chorus

gh on June 23, 2013 at 8:12 AM

If we band together, they will die of (attention) starvation!

Anti-Control on June 23, 2013 at 8:10 AM

Firing squads are faster and more efficient. LOL

Liam on June 23, 2013 at 8:13 AM

gh on June 23, 2013 at 8:12 AM

You do realize that’s now going to be stuck in my head all day? LOL

Liam on June 23, 2013 at 8:15 AM

Liam on June 23, 2013 at 8:15 AM

Not only is it permanently stuck in my head but so is Neil Young’s annoying nasal twang.

gh on June 23, 2013 at 8:17 AM

gh on June 23, 2013 at 8:17 AM

For Niel Young, I prefer Like A Hurricane.

Liam on June 23, 2013 at 8:18 AM

To wit:

Liam on June 23, 2013 at 8:22 AM

Liam on June 23, 2013 at 8:18 AM

Young: Cowgirl in the sand.
Crosby: Triad.
Nash: Teach your children.
Stills: Find the cost of Freedom.

Actually, I prefer any of the stuff by Nash and Young on that album. Plus Triad.

gh on June 23, 2013 at 8:24 AM

gh on June 23, 2013 at 8:24 AM

I got bored with Protest Rock back in the 60s.

Liam on June 23, 2013 at 8:30 AM

I got bored with Protest Rock back in the 60s.

Liam on June 23, 2013 at 8:30 AM

Prefer woody guthrie, do you?

gh on June 23, 2013 at 8:32 AM

Prefer woody guthrie, do you?

gh on June 23, 2013 at 8:32 AM

I think I’d rather nail one foot to the floor and run in a circle all day.

Liam on June 23, 2013 at 8:38 AM

Mike Lee faces off with Grahamnesty on Fox News Sunday. Question: when was the last time two Democrats faced off over an issue?

Sessions is on Face the Nation.

TxAnn56 on June 23, 2013 at 9:04 AM

kingsjester on June 23, 2013 at 7:46 AM

…appropriate thoughts…for a Sunday!

KOOLAID2 on June 23, 2013 at 9:16 AM

Whoever votes for AMNESTY in _ANY_ form should be, depending on the severity of their crimes based on their government posistion:

IMPEACHED;

TRIED FOR CRIMES AGAINST THE US CONSTITUTION;

JAILED;

HUNG FROM A TREE;

BEAT WITH A STICK;

TX-96 on June 23, 2013 at 9:30 AM

whatcat on June 23, 2013 at 8:10 AM

Well, it looks to me that the mod’s position is, “As long as you don’t threaten or advocate violence, nor use certain derogatory phrases, the sh!t may fly!” I don’t believe you’d dispute this.

It seems to me leftards like Shallow HAL have this understanding, too, which is why they haven’t been banned yet – the line is clear enough so that they know to not cross it. Because of this, I say trollcotting is by far the best solution to deal with them – to let oneself be goaded by them into going offtopic is not a wise choice!

Anti-Control on June 23, 2013 at 9:51 AM

“Common-sense reform.”

Common-sense is now overrated. It has been obliterated by years of stupidity.

I’ll stick with “good sense”

J_Crater on June 23, 2013 at 9:56 AM

What’s ridiculous about this latest amnesty pitch is that we ALREADY HAVE BORDER SECURITY. The laws are on the books. The fence has already been legislated and funded. Republicans are “negotiating” again for what’s already ours.

What we don’t have is a president who will enforce our laws, and…the same guy in charge of the Executive Branch today is the SAME GUY who will be in charge of it tomorrow. What that means is that it really doesn’t matter whether new measures are passed. He’s just going to ignore them, same as he’s ignored existing law.

Every Republican involved in this fiasco needs to be punished at the polls. Every. Last. One.

I don’t give a damn about the political needs of the GOP, not when these people have proved that they can’t be trusted with the very BASICS of national security. When you can’t tell the difference between your elected Republican senator and Chuck Schumer of all people… there’s no point in preserving them.

Murf76 on June 23, 2013 at 10:02 AM

Anti-Control on June 23, 2013 at 9:51 AM

I do in one small way, but I agree with everything else.

I’m offended by his use of “hick” and his sneering remarks promoting the policing the thoughts of conservatives, most notably the Tea Party.

Furthermore, his use of race-baiting is the act of a coward, who has no other argument except to label you a hater of a race. This action harkens back to a sad time when labeling a person to be a “Jew” was enough to have them tortured and slain, or being called a “witch” was enough to have you crushed under stones. It’s not the proof that matters, it’s the accusation.

We need to push past issues like this so we seriously talk about the future of our country. However, Democrats have latched onto this, most offensive of accusations as a tool, because they know even the implication is enough to render an individual a pariah in a modern society.

I say this as a Mississippian who grew up in a different South that grappled with this issue and changed things in a generation. I know my fellow citizens for who they are and their sincere wishes to leave the past behind them and reach for a different, better world.

But as long as there are those who can get by with calling us “hicks” or “hillbillies” (laughable because there are no hills here), words I consider as offensive as those that have gotten others banned here, we will be caught in the same circular arguments that the race-baiters desire.

If Ed or someone here doesn’t remedy the situation I’m leaving.

My parents didn’t raise me to be a punching bag.

itsspideyman on June 23, 2013 at 10:03 AM

If Ed or someone here doesn’t remedy the situation I’m leaving.

My parents didn’t raise me to be a punching bag.

itsspideyman on June 23, 2013 at 10:03 AM

I sympathize with you, and dislike the stupid leftard slurs as well, but I also understand that HA is willing to let the bums stay – my solution is to scroll on by the posts when I see the abuse start, which goes for some on the Right, too.

I like it here it because of people like you, and I hope you don’t let the leftards drive you out…

Anti-Control on June 23, 2013 at 10:20 AM

Anti-Control on June 23, 2013 at 10:20 AM

…I’m guilty…as sin!

KOOLAID2 on June 23, 2013 at 10:24 AM

Schumer’s a hero to Republicans, pass the arsenic!

arand on June 23, 2013 at 10:40 AM

…I’m guilty…as sin!

KOOLAID2 on June 23, 2013 at 10:24 AM

lol

I was thinking along the lines of people like HondaV65, Crony Capitalist Hog Pig, and a few others, who have the strong tendency to immediately denigrate the motives of anyone who disagrees with them, as though they are the only righteous people around – I figure, if they are so quick to presume the worst about others, I should do the same to them, and therefore not waste my time reading their drivel! :)

Anti-Control on June 23, 2013 at 10:40 AM

The bill is a horror. It’s amnesty first, which must not be allowed. I am still reading the Horsemanure Kakamemie amendment, but you need to know that it’s crap.

Amnesty first, maybe border security later. I posted bits from it last night in various places.

It still imports an army of people to work here while we are in the midst of a labor depression. We don’t have job for us! But what the hell! Let’s bring in millions more!

Effing stupid.

dogsoldier on June 23, 2013 at 10:45 AM

Anti-Control on June 23, 2013 at 10:40 AM

You forgot the vulgarian HAL.

dogsoldier on June 23, 2013 at 10:45 AM

Been bouncing emails with Ed.

I did all I could, Twerp.

Even brought up HAL.

I wouldn’t say deaf ears, but close.

Summation: “it wasn’t me and I don’t know”

wolly4321 on June 23, 2013 at 10:50 AM

You forgot the vulgarian HAL.

dogsoldier on June 23, 2013 at 10:45 AM

Leftards like Shallow HAL are a given – I was talking there about those who are on the Right, but act like they are from the Left. To me, they stick out like sore thumbs…

Anti-Control on June 23, 2013 at 10:59 AM

Wait, WHAT???? When & why was AnnoyingLittleTwerp banned?

OmahaConservative on June 23, 2013 at 11:04 AM

“wait,,what????”

Email Ed.

It was wrong.

wolly4321 on June 23, 2013 at 11:12 AM

Wait, WHAT???? When & why was AnnoyingLittleTwerp banned?

OmahaConservative on June 23, 2013 at 11:04 AM

She used an impolitic reference to the Rio Grande Swim Team.

gryphon202 on June 23, 2013 at 11:19 AM

I don’t know if this has been posted or not. On the “Reid invokes cloture…” thread someone posted a link to sign a petition against Amnesty that is NOT his site.

The correct site is: http://www.tedcruz.org/stop-amnesty/ via

bluefox on June 23, 2013 at 12:07 PM

HAL was banned, per Madison Conservative.

Schadenfreude on June 23, 2013 at 3:21 PM

If only Paula Deen had said she was rehearsing her new rap album all would be forgiven….

viking01 on June 23, 2013 at 7:01 AM

LOL

Or her stand up routine at the Apollo…

Dr. ZhivBlago on June 23, 2013 at 3:31 PM

What’s the word on HAL getting banned MadCon? You have a link Schadenfreude?

If true, thank you Ed. You’ve restored my faith in being here. The “hicks” and “hillbillies’ were driving me over the edge.

itsspideyman on June 23, 2013 at 3:31 PM

What’s the word on HAL getting banned MadCon? You have a link Schadenfreude?

itsspideyman on June 23, 2013 at 3:31 PM

The official response:

I agree that he’s worn out his welcome with the cumulative effect of his trolling. He’s been banned. But I don’t for a moment believe he was “fantasizing” about using drones on tea partiers. He’s responding to over-the-top calls for political violence, i.e. revolution against Obama’s administration, with an over-the-top point himself. Also, I don’t get to read the comments much but I’d bet cash money that people said nastier things than this to him, and not infrequently. Never once did he ask us to ban anyone, though.

MadisonConservative on June 23, 2013 at 2:57 PM

Anti-Control on June 23, 2013 at 4:08 PM

Nice of HAL to be such a ‘libertarian’ azzhole.

Schadenfreude on June 23, 2013 at 4:38 PM

I’d just like to crawl through that screen and slap his face.

avagreen on June 23, 2013 at 6:04 PM