Video: Russell Brand’s MSNBC takedown

posted at 12:01 pm on June 20, 2013 by Ed Morrissey

The Washington Post’s Alexandra Petri compares this to Jon Stewart’s game-changing takedown of Crossfire nine years ago, and there’s no doubt that this is hardly Morning Joe’s finest hour.    The problem starts immediately with the introduction of Russell Brand, in which Mika Brzezinski admits to knowing little about her guest, but the tone stays friendly and frothy until about the 4:45 mark.  At that point, it really goes off the rails, and Brand shreds his hosts into near-incoherence:

This video of Russell Brand laying waste to the cast of “Morning Joe” on MSNBC has been making the rounds, and it’s devastating. They start by oddly baiting him (“He’s a really big deal… I’m told this. I’m not very pop cultured, I’m sorry”) addressing him in the third person, and at some point calling him Willy? I think? It’s unclear what they think they’re doing. And about six minutes in, he commandeers the show and marches off with it, leaving no survivors. (“Is this what you all do for a living?” he asks, later adding, “These people, I’m sure, are typically very good at their jobs. You’re conveying news to the people of America? People of America, we’re going to be okay.”) I would liken the hosts to a kitten pouncing on what it assumes is a dazed snake and discovering it has latched onto the tail end of a dragon. It’s cringe-inducing. “You’re talking about me as if I’m not here and as if I’m an extraterrestrial,” he observes. Never mock someone with a British accent.

“Thank you for your casual objectification,” Brand says, after one of the hosts starts talking about him and his accent in the third person. Another of the hosts, after Brand suggests more serious topics for discussion, goes back to riffing on the comic’s attire, and Brand cuts in, “That’s the problem with current affairs. You forget about what’s important and you allow the agenda to be decided by superficial information.”

Ah, the excitement of live broadcasting! This is what happens when a show doesn’t do adequate preparation for a guest, and then tries to cover that with snark.  Most guests might not challenge their hosts under those circumstances, but Brand clearly reached his limit midway through this segment.  (Ironically, Brand himself hilariously demonstrated what happens when a guest is unprepared for a television interview in the film Get Him to the Greek.)

However, two factors separate this from the Stewart confrontation on Crossfire in 2004.  Crossfire suffered from self-righteousness and self-importance, posing as informed debate when it was often little more than a shoutfest.  Morning talk shows are supposed to be rather frothy.  They’re chatty and snarky by design, even those that tackle more serious issues.  More so than evening talking-head shows, they’re primarily intended to entertain rather than present a Buckleyesque debate on philosophy, which might be sorely missing from broadcast these days (and was also missing from Crossfire, which was Stewart’s point) but wouldn’t work as morning TV in any case.  Fox and Friends and probably hundreds of local talk shows take the same approach, covering the news stories but selling the sense of community and kaffeeklatsch.

Second, no offense to Russell Brand, but what did he expect?  Certainly better manners, and perhaps not to be confused with Willy Brandt, but his comedy show isn’t exactly a pressing world issue, either.  Perhaps his expounding on religious and cultural icons like Jesus, Gandhi, and Che Guevara might come to the level of a doctoral dissertation, but I somehow doubt it — and from his description, I’m not sure how Christians, Hindus, and peace activists will be anxious to hear from a comedian how they’ve gotten the message wrong from their central figures all their lives.  If he’s taking himself this seriously on a morning talk show, it probably doesn’t take a Buckley to figure out how sanctimonious the “Messiah Complex” tour will be.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2

Russell Brand beat someone up?

Then again, it’s MSNBC.

Did cmsinaz see this?

22044 on June 20, 2013 at 12:08 PM

MSNBC: “Hey. He’s a British Comedian that swears. He’s suppose to be on our side and just sit there and bash conservatives on command!”

portlandon on June 20, 2013 at 12:09 PM

Stewart’s confrontation on Crossfire was lame. Yes, the show was a shell of its former self, but Stewart didn’t do anything except call Tucker Carlson “a d***” and that’s supposed to be a major takedown? It got press because it was shocking, not because it was poignant. Stewart was flailing because he was cornered by someone who refused to allow him to excuse his own partisanship with the “clown nose on/clown nose off” routine.

Caiwyn on June 20, 2013 at 12:09 PM

Russell who?

Is he any relation to Neville Brand?

I’m so not in on current celebrities.

Nor do I care to be.

hawkeye54 on June 20, 2013 at 12:10 PM

I have no idea who Russell Brand is, but unlike Mika, my stock and trade isn’t pop culture.

Bob's Kid on June 20, 2013 at 12:11 PM

Yeah, if anyone could stand to listen to Brand, or anyone on MSNBC (or if anyone cared what they have to say). Perhaps Brand is unaware that no one watches MSNBC(?).

Pork-Chop on June 20, 2013 at 12:14 PM

Personally, I wouldn’t give you a quid (or a plug nickel) for the whole lot of them…

MJ + RB = meh

Fallon on June 20, 2013 at 12:15 PM

Did cmsinaz see this?

22044 on June 20, 2013 at 12:08 PM

i did…thought it was funny…the mj crew were still talking about it today….

cmsinaz on June 20, 2013 at 12:15 PM

MSNBC is an embarrassment, but this is no time to go soft and be pro-Russell Brand here. It only shows what a craptastic organization MSNBC is that even Russell Brand can expose their amateurism. A Daniel Tosh could have made a quick mockery of the complete trainwreck that is their network, and these fools can thank God that somebody truly intelligent and witty like WFB isn’t still around to shred their pathetic little echo chamber.

Gingotts on June 20, 2013 at 12:16 PM

Why did they have him on? Must have been a management choice. Wasn’t he in the remake of “Arthur”?

rickv404 on June 20, 2013 at 12:16 PM

Russell Brand is a Liberal, anti-America arse, who can’t act his way out of a paper bag.

This reminds me of two Wrestling “Heels” beating the snot out of each other.

Pass the popcorn.

kingsjester on June 20, 2013 at 12:16 PM

I find Russell Brand to be vile and humorless to the nth degree. I have never enjoyed his style and avoid it like the plague. Therefore I am rather reluctant to watch this video. Brand dismantling two mental midgets does not sound impressive or intriguing. Especially since Mika would have a hard time winning an argument with against a brick wall.

NotCoach on June 20, 2013 at 12:17 PM

Well Brand should have realized from the start that Mika really isn’t a bright one to begin with.

She thinks she smart because her job is read NYT Op-Ed’s and perform Zoolander facial gestures whenever the Republicans do something she doesn’t like.

And the rest of the crew aren’t half as smart as they think they are and the egoism that the Morning Joe crew has is insufferable IMO.

Lance Murdock on June 20, 2013 at 12:17 PM

lol Russell Brand was in the movie forgetting sarah marshall
and was married to Katy Perry…. this is the kind of inane trivia you cant help but pick up on when you have teenage children

katee bayer on June 20, 2013 at 12:18 PM

That was a pretty intelligent take down of the panel of sloberring douches. I wish his politics more closely aligned w/ my own. I could probably become a fan.

preallocated on June 20, 2013 at 12:18 PM

Second, no offense to Russell Brand, but what did he expect? Certainly better manners, and perhaps not to be confused with Willy Brandt, but his comedy show isn’t exactly a pressing world issue, either.

He was the guest. He expected them to know his name, be polite and help him promote his concert tour. Those overpaid idiots can’t even get that right.

Blake on June 20, 2013 at 12:18 PM

P-u-ssys the lot of them.

He was mcing some awards show and was mocking a young actress over her virginity to which she replied, “Not everyone wants to be a slut like you.”

Now that’s a take down.

None of these Libtards would last ten minutes in prison.

Bubba Redneck on June 20, 2013 at 12:19 PM

I like the new programming concept. Get people only LIVs know and have them yell at Mika for five minutes! It would be the most watched segment of that wretched show.

Happy Nomad on June 20, 2013 at 12:21 PM

Where did the one lady get Willy from? I have never heard of Russell Brand nor Willy Brand.

tommer74 on June 20, 2013 at 12:21 PM

Brand at least knows what he thinks and why he thinks it. The lemmings at MSNBC only think what they’re told to think, so when a live wire like Russell shows up, they’re hopelessly lost. It was awesome.

I don’t agree with some of Brand’s stances on things, but I appreciate his apparently sincere beliefs.

hawksruleva on June 20, 2013 at 12:22 PM

NotCoach on June 20, 2013 at 12:17 PM

Brand is annoying, no doubt about it. Let me mention that he is certifiably crazy, too.

I started watching the clip, and after I few minutes I decided I just didn’t care enough to watch any more of it!

Anti-Control on June 20, 2013 at 12:24 PM

Lance Murdock on June 20, 2013 at 12:17 PM

You forget that clenched butt/hovering six inches above her chair thing she does when the GOP really ticks her off. I don’t think she came down for a week when gun-grabbing legislation went the way of Joe Scarborough’s political aspirations.

Happy Nomad on June 20, 2013 at 12:24 PM

Mika the shaft grasper. Thats gonna stick.

philw1776 on June 20, 2013 at 12:24 PM

Brand didn’t shred anyone. He was playing the role of the court jester.

Darth Executor on June 20, 2013 at 12:25 PM

Couldn’t get past the first five minutes of drivel and everyone talking over everyone else. People actually enjoy watching this nonsense?

Ace ODale on June 20, 2013 at 12:26 PM

Most talk show hosts are horrendously inept, socially awkward people around, with their keel barely in the water. I cringe just watching a normal interview. There’s a nervous pressure to keep the conversation going, be funny(which the’re incapable of), and ask interesting questions. On that last point, that’s where you see the inconsistency of a person not qualified, well rounded, or intelligent enough to handle a simple discussion.

Oh, and Russell Brand just ain’t funny.

Dongemaharu on June 20, 2013 at 12:27 PM

Oh, and Russell Brand just ain’t funny.

Dongemaharu on June 20, 2013 at 12:27 PM

Understatement of the century.

NotCoach on June 20, 2013 at 12:29 PM

Ace ODale on June 20, 2013 at 12:26 PM

haha I completely agree with your take.

I didn’t last even 4 minutes before I realized I had had enough. cmsinaz deserves some kind of award for being able to sit through Morning Joe as often as she does! :)

Anti-Control on June 20, 2013 at 12:30 PM

Very funny!

But seriously, Mika Brzezinski is huge, HUGE bimbo by any reasonable standard.

AcronisF on June 20, 2013 at 12:31 PM

For my part, it wasn’t interesting enough for me to last longer than 4 minutes 27 seconds. At that point, I decided that nothing was going to make it worth me losing another 4 minutes of my time to watch the MSNBC morons interact with someone badly in need of a bath.

totherightofthem on June 20, 2013 at 12:33 PM

tommer74 on June 20, 2013 at 12:21 PM

As Ed supposes above, former West German Chancellor Willy Brandt? Pronounced “villy.”

Didn’t bother watching the clip so I don’t know the context, but you’d have to invent a new form of vapid to confuse Russell Brand and 20-years-deceased, at least as long out of the news, Willy Brandt. Those at MSNBC certainly qualify, so sounds legit. I doubt Mika knows Willy Brandt from Willy Wonka.

Gingotts on June 20, 2013 at 12:33 PM

Anti-Control on June 20, 2013 at 12:30 PM

not a fan of brand but anyone who can take mika and crew down a notch is ok….

cmsinaz on June 20, 2013 at 12:34 PM

If they’d known how cruel he was to Fawlty Towers actor Andrew Sachs, they would have known what they were in for. Like Piers Morgan, he’s playing the wretched refuse card.

cbenoistd on June 20, 2013 at 12:34 PM

He was funny, Mika resembles my favorite dom-, er, Germanic tango partner (can’t imagine my telling her not to be so nervous) and that’s the first time I ever watched any part of the show. So, I don’t know from the shredding.

Seth Halpern on June 20, 2013 at 12:35 PM

HA!!! Manners?!?! Here, Left meet Left. Now eat each other! Lol!

Bmore on June 20, 2013 at 12:36 PM

Ed,

The news about Vince Flynn’s passing deserves to be promoted from the Green Room. That’s far more newsworthy than this pathetic clown brand who is promoting a mass murderer in Che.

LevinFan on June 20, 2013 at 12:36 PM

Oh and while your at it _____ me! Sorry for the fill in the blank formatting. Wouldn’t what the hammer on my ass.

Bmore on June 20, 2013 at 12:38 PM

How was that an “epic take down”?

Warner Todd Huston on June 20, 2013 at 12:39 PM

Maybe Mika has talked to Katie Perry and she mentioned something about Russell’s ‘willy’ and room temp IQ Mika thought that was his name.

I like that he ‘out-witted’ them, so I despise him a little less before

LegendHasIt on June 20, 2013 at 12:40 PM

Brand may appear crazy – but he is one smart boy – beware judging one by visuals alone.

jake-the-goose on June 20, 2013 at 12:41 PM

little less THAN before.

LegendHasIt on June 20, 2013 at 12:43 PM

A bit of role reversal on the ‘Red Wedding’ scenario.

Found it exceedingly more enjoyable than the GoT episode.

socalcon on June 20, 2013 at 12:44 PM

Huh? That was abseolutely nothing.

Don’t bother.

Chuck Schick on June 20, 2013 at 12:44 PM

On the other hand, he might have mentioned Mohammed, might he not?

No, I suppose not.

Seth Halpern on June 20, 2013 at 12:47 PM

tommer74 on June 20, 2013 at 12:21 PM

I think it could only be the former West German Chancellor, Willy Brandt, since he was a Social Democrat Party guy.

(Oh lord, I’m feeling old . . .)

BigAlSouth on June 20, 2013 at 12:47 PM

rickv404 on June 20, 2013 at 12:16 PM

My guess is that Willie Geist told them that Brand would be “really cool to book,” and they took his word for it. I bet privately Willie will be in the dog house for weeks.

BuckeyeSam on June 20, 2013 at 12:48 PM

Mika began fearing for the job that daddy got for her. She did what she’s always done in that situation, stroked the water bottle.

crash72 on June 20, 2013 at 12:49 PM

not a fan of brand but anyone who can take mika and crew down a notch is ok….

cmsinaz on June 20, 2013 at 12:34 PM

I get your point & agree that it was nice of Brand to go after them, but he’s still too annoying for me overall – I lost interest before the “takedown” came.

jake-the-goose on June 20, 2013 at 12:41 PM

I don’t care if he has some intelligence – he is not someone I consider sane, and since insane people struggle with perceiving reality correctly, I don’t believe he is all that smart…

Anti-Control on June 20, 2013 at 12:52 PM

Not fair. I utterly despise Russell Brand. He’s not allowed to go onto a network I also utterly despise and rip them a new a**hole in a very profound and sensible manner.

MadisonConservative on June 20, 2013 at 12:53 PM

WHO. CARES.

(do you get paid to link to MJ?)

djl130 on June 20, 2013 at 12:54 PM

Ain’t nobody in that video that I’d sell a cup of warm p*** to if they were on fire.

M240H on June 20, 2013 at 12:55 PM

(Oh lord, I’m feeling old . . .)

BigAlSouth on June 20, 2013 at 12:47 PM

You really think any of that “brain trust” knows who the current German Chancellor is? Let alone a guy who must be, what, about twenty years out of office. They just are not that bright.

Happy Nomad on June 20, 2013 at 12:56 PM

What a self absorbed, pretentious @zzwhole with a 2nd rate supporting cast. Is it any wonder why there are only six people watching it?

De Oppresso Liber on June 20, 2013 at 12:58 PM

cbenoistd on June 20, 2013 at 12:34 PM

I hadn’t realized he was one of those jerks.

I’m now embarrassed that I enjoyed watching him make (further) fools of the MSNBC crowd.

I didn’t hear Mohammed on the list of icons he was going to pillory on his world tour. In any case, he’s decided to play it safe, according to the Beeb:

Russell Brand cancels Middle East gigs

Drained Brain on June 20, 2013 at 12:58 PM

Any comments on Mika’s “Marco Rubio awkwardly suckling a plastic bottle” moments?

socalcon on June 20, 2013 at 12:59 PM

“Who’s Willie?”

Possible campaign slogan for Anthony Weiner?

socalcon on June 20, 2013 at 1:01 PM

Mr Murdock. You post caused margarita to flow out my nose. Spot on hysterical. Well played.

Bensonofben on June 20, 2013 at 1:02 PM

Epic=Moist

Bmore on June 20, 2013 at 1:02 PM

Nothingburger. Thanks to you Ed, I just wasted 8 minutes and 34 seconds.

Basilsbest on June 20, 2013 at 1:02 PM

Russell Brand is ALWAYS like this in interviews. This is a typical interview for him.

I don’t think this went badly at all. Everyone played their part. Nervous, slightly uptight hosts not expecting the behavior they get, and Brand doing his usual thing. It always plays out like this.

bluegill on June 20, 2013 at 1:06 PM

Its not like you were doing anything in the first place Bb.

Bmore on June 20, 2013 at 1:08 PM

This wasn’t a takedown.

It was merely good natured fun.

Brand acted the same way with Erin Burnett on CNN.

bluegill on June 20, 2013 at 1:08 PM

Russell is just trying to redeem himself from his 2012 Olympics performance of “I am the Walrus” or something. Ask Allah… :)

ted c on June 20, 2013 at 1:08 PM

Stench

Bmore on June 20, 2013 at 1:10 PM

shaft grasper…

equanimous on June 20, 2013 at 1:11 PM

This wasn’t a takedown.

It was merely good natured fun.

Brand acted the same way with Erin Burnett on CNN.

bluegill on June 20, 2013 at 1:08 PM

It figures that you’re a Russell Brand fan. I guess vile and vapid likes vile and vapid.

NotCoach on June 20, 2013 at 1:11 PM

Couldn’t stand listening to this….glad he beat up on one of his own….I have long believed that liberals eat their own……msnbc sucks, no wonder they are bottom feeders

crosshugger on June 20, 2013 at 1:13 PM

NotCoach on June 20, 2013 at 1:11 PM

Why does it figure?

And I’m not exactly a fan. I just know who he is.

bluegill on June 20, 2013 at 1:15 PM

Even if you’re not a Fawlty Towers fan as I am, you have to wonder what kind of man would play this “trick” on an elderly grandfather:

Andrew Sachs: Ross and Brand have ripped my family apart

Drained Brain on June 20, 2013 at 1:16 PM

Oh, I just read your second sentence. Vile and vapid. Ha!

Well, I’ve never even heard of you. Can’t keep all these screen names straight.

bluegill on June 20, 2013 at 1:17 PM

Why does it figure?

bluegill on June 20, 2013 at 1:15 PM

Are you obtuse or dishonest? Take your pick.

NotCoach on June 20, 2013 at 1:17 PM

Anti-Control on June 20, 2013 at 12:24 PM

Same here. Leftists are so boring and annoyingly pedantic that I couldn’t subject myself to their internecine quibbling.

davidk on June 20, 2013 at 1:18 PM

Well, I’ve never even heard of you.

bluegill on June 20, 2013 at 1:17 PM

I’m not vile and/or vapid, so I understand.

NotCoach on June 20, 2013 at 1:18 PM

Don’t limit blueshills options. It can be both. Dry though, very dry. Say…………..

Bmore on June 20, 2013 at 1:18 PM

Gotta say it. I did have a laugh.

james hooker on June 20, 2013 at 1:20 PM

He was? Now that was one movie that screamed out for a remake, the original being so badly done.

I’m sure Brand’s contribution to the remake made it a dazzling success.

/S

hawkeye54 on June 20, 2013 at 1:21 PM

Gotta say it. I did have a laugh.

james hooker on June 20, 2013 at 1:20 PM

Say, you aren’t the Hooker that did “Canyons I know well” and “Hanging out with the boys”, are you?

Bmore on June 20, 2013 at 1:22 PM

I share the opinion of most here on Brand, but skip ahead to 4:45 and it’s pretty funny. The Mika thing is completely flustered, and the other two are exposed as babbling nincompoops.

Brand looks like a genius by comparison, and that in itself is amazing.

peski on June 20, 2013 at 1:23 PM

davidk on June 20, 2013 at 1:18 PM

Guys, there’s nothing political here.

It’s a typical comedian vs unsuspecting host. Robin Williams, Howard stern, Kathy griffin, etc are all kinda similar in this way. They always take over the interview and take it in strange directions.

And the host always says something like, “this is the strangest interview I’ve ever done. I wonder if ill still have a job tomorrow!”

And the comedian guest says, ” you probably won’t have me back again” with a big grin.

bluegill on June 20, 2013 at 1:23 PM

Happy Nomad on June 20, 2013 at 12:56 PM

Do be at least a bit fair. Not a lot of people know chancellors 25 or more years out of office. I’m sure Mika knows those most people know. Certainly Charlie Chaplin, and it’s been almost 70 years since the war. Then Der Alte Conrad Bain. And of course Kenny Schrader or something like that… Kurt Loder, yeah, that’s a name from the ’90s… And certainly she knows the current chancellor, Ann Marie Buerkle.

Gingotts on June 20, 2013 at 1:23 PM

“Who’s Willie?”

Possible campaign slogan for Anthony Weiner?

A sequel to “Where’s Waldo”?

Although the campaign slogan idea is a wiener, ah, winner. :)

hawkeye54 on June 20, 2013 at 1:23 PM

Wow. I just waited 8 and a half minutes for an epic takedown that never came. Thanks for the false advertising, Ed.

steebo77 on June 20, 2013 at 1:25 PM

davidk on June 20, 2013 at 1:18 PM

^5!

It’s embarrassingly vapid, like TMZ, which at least has the counterbalance of offering at least some entertainment value…

Anti-Control on June 20, 2013 at 1:26 PM

*”It’s” meaning that kind of banter…

Anti-Control on June 20, 2013 at 1:27 PM

socalcon on June 20, 2013 at 12:59 PM

Seems like she was thirsty, and forgot to have her morning Joe!!!

I don’t know what Russell Brand’s political opinions might be, but he could do that show better than the usual hosts.

As for Brand’s idea of “the Messiah complex”, how does he ever compare Che Guevara with Jesus Christ and Gandhi? Chistians consider Jesus to be the Messiah, and while Gandhi did not consider himself to be a messiah, he was a great spiritual leader and promoter of peace among nations. But Che Guevara? While many young people born long after his death seem to admire him, Guevara was a bloodthirsty, murderous thug, and was nothing like a “messiah”.

But if Russell Brand wants to talk about false, wannabe “messiahs”, why doesn’t he do a comedy routine about Louis Farrakhan’s “messiah”, the easy Preezy who says he’s the one we’ve been waiting for, who will stop the seas from rising?

Steve Z on June 20, 2013 at 1:28 PM

Actually, I found Russel Brand refreshing. He just identified the faults of Morning Talk and offered simple solution that even esoteric liberals can understand.

MSGTAS on June 20, 2013 at 1:35 PM

Guys, there’s nothing political here.

Dingbat, he was talking about the kind of banter they engage in, not the specific content of the discussion…

bluegill on June 20, 2013 at 1:23 PM

Kathy Griffin is about as annoying as Brand, Robin Williams is not much better, if at all, and Howard Stern is in a different universe compared to all of them, even though he has been going downhill over the decades…

Anti-Control on June 20, 2013 at 1:35 PM

One of the most annoying celebs in the world cat-fighting with the air-headed hosts of the least watched show on TV and we’re supposed to give a crap, why, exactly?

Sacramento on June 20, 2013 at 1:36 PM

Okay, you suckered me into watching this little video clip, despite the fact that I generally loathe Russell Brand.

I’ve never watched “Morning Joe” before and I have to wonder… Who the hell watches this show? It is perhaps the most idiotic excuse for a ‘news’ show I’ve ever seen. Words fail me. Why on earth would anyone waste one minute of their life listening to these morons? I wish I could rewind the clock and get my precious time back.

glockomatic on June 20, 2013 at 1:39 PM

Barack Obama at Thursday’s G8 summit three times called British Chancellor of the Exchequer George Osborne “Jeffrey.”

According to London’s Financial Times, the President eventually apologized and said that he was confusing him with “his favorite R&B singer” Jeffrey Osborne:

FTR:

This is George Osborne.

This is Jeffrey Osborne.

Anyone could easily confuse the two. /

Resist We Much on June 20, 2013 at 1:41 PM

I understand the point that morning shows are not necessarily high-brow productions. However, whether someone’s got a $75 entree at some posh restaurant or a $5 burger at a local greasy joint, you don’t walk over and fart all over their meal. It’s bad manners. When RB called them out on their bad manners, what could they say? It was game over after that.

pt on June 20, 2013 at 1:42 PM

Why the heck is HA linking to some commie wanker’s appearance on an atrocious liberal talk show…again?

Yet an upstanding gentleman like Louisiana Senator Elbert Guillory (R-Opelousas)who switched to the Republican party is not worthy of a post?

Buttercup on June 20, 2013 at 1:47 PM

Buttercup, its posted in the Green Room.

Bmore on June 20, 2013 at 1:51 PM

MSGTAS on June 20, 2013 at 1:35 PM

Agreed. Best thing I’ve seen on MSNBC in . . . maybe forever. Too bad he won’t be visiting Al or Chrissy-poo.

EdmundBurke247 on June 20, 2013 at 1:53 PM

MS-whatever may have just stumbled on a ratings strategy: Invite B-level British celebrities on who proceed to trash them. I might even watch. We’re getting closer to Chayefsky’s “Network” all the time.

rrpjr on June 20, 2013 at 2:17 PM

Might Mika have had Willy Brandt on her mind because of The One’s latest German speech? Maybe she read something about Germany?

GWB on June 20, 2013 at 2:21 PM

steebo77 on June 20, 2013 at 1:25 PM

I don’t listen anymore. The Right’s interpretation of a “takedown” and “smackdown” in unrelated to reality.

rrpjr on June 20, 2013 at 2:21 PM

Target rich environment.

WhatSlushfund on June 20, 2013 at 2:24 PM

Well, I’ve never even heard of you. Can’t keep all these screen names straight.

bluegill on June 20, 2013 at 1:17 PM

I’ve seen more worth reading from NotCoach than I have from you…and I don’t particularly like NotCoach.

You seem to think you’re something important here. You’re not.

MadisonConservative on June 20, 2013 at 2:29 PM