Quotes of the day

posted at 10:41 pm on June 20, 2013 by Allahpundit

The decision to abandon the requirement that a certain level of border security must be achieved, rather than a certain amount of resources devoted to the problem, appears to be yet another victory for the Gang of Eight immigration reform bill’s authors. Democrats on the Gang have opposed so-called “hard triggers” from the very beginning, and it appears they have defeated another attempt to put one in the bill. Whether the new increase in Border Patrol agents — another move opposed by Democrats on the Gang — will compensate for the removal of the trigger will be a key theme of the coming debate.

***

When asked by Breitbart News, … both [Corker and Hoeven] conceded that Gang of Eight members were involved in writing the measure.

“The entire ‘Gang’ has been involved–and, I might add, is still involved. All of our offices have been like switchboard operators for the last ten days and all of the ‘Gang’ has been involved and very helpful and in particular on the other side of the aisle Senator Schumer and Senator Menendez have been very active, ” Sen. Corker said.

***

Senator Schumer: (2:56 PM)

Spoke on the Hoeven/Corker border security amendment.
The border surge is breathtaking in its size and scope. It will freeway an unprecedented number of boots on the ground and drones in the air, double the size of the border patrol from its current level to over 40,000. It will finish the job of completing the fence along the entire 700-mile stretch of the southwest border. And it will enumerate on a sector-by-sector basis lists of cutting edge tools and equipment that will boost surveillance and apprehension, including surveillance and towers and drones. In other words, it calls for a breath taking show of force … It not only calls for finishing a literal fence it will create a virtual human fence of border patrol agents. Under the border surge, the border patrol will have the capacity to deploy an armed agent 24 hours a day, seven days a week, to stand guard every thousand feet all the way from San Diego, California, to Brownsville, Texas. We came you were with this idea of the border surge Wednesday morning after the CBO report was released. My colleague from Texas asked why not a week ago? We didn’t have the CBO report. We didn’t know we had the dollars. We have them now. And we still keep to our goal of not costing the treasury a nickel. The CBO report was a true game changer. It gave us the budgetary flexibility to consider massive new investments in border security that we didn’t think we could previously afford. The surge shows the commitment to border security that our colleagues have been asking for.”

***

Cruz went on to explain how the Gang of Eight bill “repeats the exact same pattern of 1986.”

“The amendment that has been proposed today does the same thing,” Cruz said. “It starts with legalization and it promises border security some time in the future. Like the famed character wimpy from Popeye, ‘I’ll gladly pay you Tuesday for a hamburger today.’”…

“Washington is very, very good at Kabuki theater,” Cruz said. “A great many things in this town are stage-managed. From the outset, in my opinion, it was clear that the managers of this bill were going to, near the end of the Senate process, allow an amendment that would at least purport to increase border security, that would be a fig leaf and allow everyone to say ‘Hosanna! Hosanna! The border has been secured! Now let’s all come on board with this gigantic bill.’”

Cruz added that “seeing an amendment today that does that is not surprise to anyone who’s been watching this process unfold.”

***

“The 90 percent is gone,” a Senate aide tells Byron York. “In its stead is the doubling of the Border Patrol,” to around 20,000 … A few points: a) This is an LBJ-style Big Liberalism solution. We’re going to throw manpower at the problem, Vietnam-style, while creating the very thing (amnesty, and the near-certainty of future amnesties) that will keep drawing desperate foreigners to keep coming. is General Westmoreland still alive to direct the effort? b) More border patrol agents will do little to stop the problem of people overstaying their visas–especially people brought into the country under the new, allegedly temporary ‘”guestworker” programs who decide to not go back home. The recent CBO report suggests this will be the biggest sluice of illegal immigrants in the future ; c) I’m not so sure of that last point, since the border itself is likely to remain pretty porous, as it is now in South Texas. Mark Krikorian notes it maytake a decade to train 20,000 new agents. Meanwhile the border fence, which unlike agents won’t require raises and pensions into eternity, can be blocked by the same forces that blocked it last time Congress promised to build it. …

But I guess the ICE union is happy!

***

The Tea Party seems to oppose the Senate Gang of Eight’s legislation with the same vehemence that it directed at the Affordable Care Act. Now, it’s important to bear in mind that generalizing about the Tea Party is incredibly fraught, given the movement’s size, amorphousness, and ideological diversity. But I asked a number of tea-party leaders if it was appropriate to say “the Tea Party opposes the Senate Gang of Eight immigration proposal,” and consistently heard that it was…

Niger Innis, who also spoke at the press conference, told reporters afterward that Senator Marco Rubio (R., Fla.) did a terrible job in the bill’s negotiations.

He got his butt handed to him, and you can put that on the record,” Innis said.

Michael Johns, who helped start the tea-party movement, told me earlier that tea-party opposition to the bill is near-universal.

***

The new epic amendment adds nothing whatsoever. It’s a painfully transparent attempt to give senators additional linguistic ammunition to fool their constituents. It’s simply more boob bait for the Bubbas.

To appreciate just how insultingly meaningless the “tough border security” amendment is, consider that it promises to build a 700 mile fence along the 1930- mile southern border—the same fence already mandated by the Secure Fence Act of 2006; the same fence which, to date, has only 36.3 miles of double-layered fencing–prompting President Obama to proclaim that border security is “now basically complete.” How many times does congress have to pass the exact same requirement before it’s actually done?

Regardless of where you stand on immigration reform, the endless and multiplying efforts of our elected representatives to hoodwink the American people should infuriate you. Senators seem utterly undeterred by the fact that trust in government today is at a nadir. They remain intent on doubling down on duplicity.

***

[S]ome of the pro-reform forces aren’t even pretending that the language in the bill is being offered in good faith.

It’s this “good faith” part which is so worrisome to anyone who like immigration in general, but is ill-at-ease with this bill. Because everywhere you look on the pro-reform side, you see people operating in what does not look like good faith at all.

Strip away all questions about policy merit and wisdom and just focus on the raw politics here for a moment. It makes you wonder how Republicans could ever get themselves suckered into voting for such a thing.

But then again, the Republican party signs on with stupid all the time.

***

“Let me be clear about one thing: America needs to secure our borders and reform our immigration laws, but immigration reform must – and I mean, must – be grounded in real border security,” Boehner, R-Ohio, said today during a news conference at the Capitol. “That’s what the American people believe, and it’s the principle that this House majority will insist upon.”…

“Regardless of what the Senate does, the House is going to work its will,” Boehner said. “The committees are doing their work. I’ve met with the Hispanic Caucus yesterday. I’ve talked to members on both sides of the aisle extensively about this issue.”

***

Speaking Wednesday night with Fox News’s Sean Hannity, Rubio said he understands why conservatives are skeptical of immigration reform.

“Look, it’s obvious I didn’t do this for political gain. This is not something that’s going to gain me any parades. People are frustrated, and I do understand it. What I hope they understand is that I studied this issue carefully for almost two years and I concluded that what we have in place right now is a disaster,” Rubio said.

Via the Daily Caller.

***

Sen. Rand Paul plans to support a filibuster of the Senate immigration bill unless it grants Congress more border security oversight, the Kentucky Republican said on Thursday…

Paul said he “can’t imagine” that proponents of the immigration bill will succeed in persuading him to support the final bill if more border security amendments are rejected.

***

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3

…FREE the TWERP!

KOOLAID2 on June 20, 2013 at 10:41 PM

ha

burrata on June 20, 2013 at 10:42 PM

Sen. Rand Paul plans to support a filibuster

….for TWERP!

KOOLAID2 on June 20, 2013 at 10:42 PM

HeH!

Solaratov on June 20, 2013 at 10:42 PM

CraP!

Solaratov on June 20, 2013 at 10:43 PM

The inability to pass this bill is clearly the result of us not having enough vacation time than our european counterparts. – liberal4life.

lorien1973 on June 20, 2013 at 10:44 PM

…translation…he wore knee pads 50% of the time!…and then he’ll cry!

KOOLAID2 on June 20, 2013 at 10:45 PM

Your inbox is gonna get mighty full.

Bmore on June 20, 2013 at 10:46 PM

What kind of sentence construction is that?

Oh, and btw? The CBO also gave us the justification for Obamacare that we may save a thousand dollars in ten years if we spend a trillion dollars today.

John the Libertarian on June 20, 2013 at 10:47 PM

Progress=Progressive Rubio, you listening?

Bmore on June 20, 2013 at 10:49 PM

Well, plenty of auto-play to PO the regulars
Everybody okay with that?
Things just ain’t the same around here.
Best to enjoy what good times remain
Anger doesn’t cover what has been going on.
Cryin’ about it is not an option.
Kickin’ good folks out while keeping the bad.
Its the new HA way.

cozmo on June 20, 2013 at 10:50 PM

Cozmo,,, excellent!

wolly4321 on June 20, 2013 at 10:53 PM

Then there’s this little nugget of honey-glazed goodness:

I thought BarkyCare was a colossal disaster, but this amnesty abomination will eclipse that easily. The limited intellects who currently infest Congress managed to find the dumbest, most retarded members of their group and assigned them a task they aren’t remotely qualified to do, and told them to go for it.

This is the end result, a poop-pile of legislation so atrocious that a pod of Capuchin monkeys could craft something better by randomly hitting keys on a keyboard for a few hours.

Bishop on June 20, 2013 at 10:53 PM

So the answer is to take the current “disaster” and multiply it exponentially? Because his bill does not secure the border. It grants amnesty to all the illegals already here and allows millions more to enter the country through chain migration. And it grants access to welfare benefits when we’re already broke. And that’s to say nothing of the fact that eventually these tens of millions of newly legalized Americans will vote 75-80% Democrat which will turn the entire country into California(assuming there IS a country left by then).

Doughboy on June 20, 2013 at 10:54 PM

Go Spurs!! Hi Barb!!!!

KCB on June 20, 2013 at 10:55 PM

Oh, and those of y’all that keep sending facebook friend requests. I don’t do facebook. Its not that I don’t like y’all…I don’t like anybody.

I get enough emails orders, requests and questions to keep me busy without having to add that to the mix.

cozmo on June 20, 2013 at 10:55 PM

HA!!!

Bmore on June 20, 2013 at 10:56 PM

cozmo on June 20, 2013 at 10:50 PM

Heh.

davidk on June 20, 2013 at 10:56 PM

wolly4321 on June 20, 2013 at 10:53 PM

Just wait…

cozmo on June 20, 2013 at 10:56 PM

If you can’t even defend the sovereign borders of this nation……YOU ARE A TRAITOR!!!

Plain and simple.

These people in Congress and those in DC supporting this complete pile of shinola are complete sell outs to their business buddies apparently. They are more interested in making the global American companies rich than defending this nations laws!!!

Despicable, both parties.

PappyD61 on June 20, 2013 at 10:57 PM

It’s wet back in my yard since the rain.

Hi Alt!!

bluefox on June 20, 2013 at 10:58 PM

Let me put this delicately sen. fuknuts. Why would you do anything other than hold those who refuse to secure our borders for the past 35 plus years feet to the fire? Instead you want to give us all the high hard one, ceptin for god’s children who get the red carpet.

arnold ziffel on June 20, 2013 at 10:59 PM

Free the ALT.

davidk on June 20, 2013 at 10:59 PM

The point, obviously, is that if the Gang of Eight’s bill passes with the Hoeven-Corker amendment, all of those border patrol agents will stand idly by as millions of illegals are regularized, and tens of millions more follow, legally. Even if the Gang of Eight’s bill could magically end illegal immigration–completely, forever, starting tomorrow–it would be terrible legislation because of the legal immigration it authorizes, which barely begins with the 11 million who are now here illegally.

Among other things, the Gang’s bill allows many illegals who were deported for criminal activity, including gang members, to return to the U.S. This seems almost unbelievably stupid, but it is true. Today Maria Espinoza, Director of the Remembrance Project, gave a press conference at which she decried the bill’s irrational invitation to criminals to return to the U.S., and called on legislators to remember the forgotten Americans who have been killed by illegal aliens.

Among the bill’s many perversities is the fact that in many respects, it treats current illegal aliens more favorably than citizens and legal residents. This chart, from the Federation for American Immigration Reform, makes the point:

the website has a vid and a graphic that shows the duplicity of our quislings in the R ‘party’…it is really not a political party that stands for anything..it is simply a vehicle for individuals to grandstand and feather their own nests.

r keller on June 20, 2013 at 10:59 PM

Its the new HA way.

cozmo on June 20, 2013 at 10:50 PM

Good one!

bluefox on June 20, 2013 at 11:00 PM

I have never been so disappointed in someone. I don’t expect purity from anyone, that’s too much in most cases.

I didn’t think he’d lie to our faces time and again. I thought he would help us get a good bill. I didn’t think he’d become Obama’s little henchman. Boy was I wrong.

El_Terrible on June 20, 2013 at 11:00 PM

Autoplay again? Really?

F*CK.

Midas on June 20, 2013 at 11:00 PM

I’m waiting. Emailed Ed twice.

Nuthing.

Maybe he don’t like Jewish chicks?

wolly4321 on June 20, 2013 at 11:01 PM

Loozianna Pitcher Frame.

davidk on June 20, 2013 at 11:01 PM

cozmo on June 20, 2013 at 10:50 PM

Man, that’s awesome.

msupertas on June 20, 2013 at 11:01 PM

What would ALT think of all of this, I wonder.

Hey, non-sequitur – she was Jewish, right?

Midas on June 20, 2013 at 11:02 PM

Autoplay again? Really?

F*CK.

Midas on June 20, 2013 at 11:00 PM

I muted my computer’s sound system.

Was thankful when I clicked on Coz’s nom.

davidk on June 20, 2013 at 11:02 PM

I’m waiting. Emailed Ed twice.

Nuthing.

Maybe he don’t like Jewish chicks?

wolly4321 on June 20, 2013 at 11:01 PM

Why does HA hate Jews?

Midas on June 20, 2013 at 11:03 PM

Funny…But dead on accurate.

workingclass artist on June 20, 2013 at 11:03 PM

Autoplay again? Really?

F*CK.

Midas on June 20, 2013 at 11:00 PM

I know and I can’t figure out how to block it.

It’s going to be a short night in the QOTD

gophergirl on June 20, 2013 at 11:03 PM

ingraham:

These Senators are PETRIFIED of going home during July 4th recess w/ ppl given oppty to process just how polluted this "bill" is.— Laura Ingraham (@IngrahamAngle) June 21, 2013

r keller on June 20, 2013 at 11:05 PM

Yea,, autoplay again. It crashes my droid,, often. Backbutton,, backbutton.

wolly4321 on June 20, 2013 at 11:05 PM

When Boner starts sounding like The One, I’m going to channel my inner Bugs Bunny;

“I don’t trust him no further than I can throw the Big Mo.”

That’s the USS Missouri, BB-63, Iowa-class, ICYDK. It masses about 45,000 tons, and I ain’t Hercules.

Nor do I believe Boehner for one nanosecond. I do, however, believe that the House needs a new Speaker.

/and it ain’t Pelosi

clear ether

eon

eon on June 20, 2013 at 11:05 PM

I know and I can’t figure out how to block it.

It’s going to be a short night in the QOTD

gophergirl on June 20, 2013 at 11:03 PM

Turn off the volume, it’s the only way.

Bishop on June 20, 2013 at 11:05 PM

Rubio makes as much sense as this:

From the stage at the recent Women Deliver conference, former US Secretary of State Hillary Clinton’s daughter Chelsea revealed that her much-admired maternal grandmother was the child of unwed teenage parents who “did not have access to services that are so crucial that Planned Parenthood helps provide.”

davidk on June 20, 2013 at 11:06 PM

…translation…he wore knee pads 50% of the time!…and then he’ll cry!

KOOLAID2 on June 20, 2013 at 10:45 PM

Boehner is planning on either writing a separate bill
on Border Security only. I heard night before last Paul Ryan saying that the House was going to write their own Immigration reform bill.

Also I called Boehner’s office yesterday and was told yes they are writing an Immigration Reform bill, but it’s not finished yet.

Whatever Boehner does, it will go to conference and we’ll get the Senate bill, unless we can stop it in the Senate.

bluefox on June 20, 2013 at 11:07 PM

O/T but Rick Scott is also a POS, and I will be donating to whoever runs against him. I’m still fuming mad that he threw Lt. Gov. Jennifer Carroll under the bus.

I met Jennifer Carroll back in 2007, she is Trinidadian like my mom. And I can say that the rumors about her being corrupt are false.

I rather vote for a Democrat over Scott.

Raquel Pinkbullet on June 20, 2013 at 11:07 PM

Ain’t no sunshine when she’s gone.

MontanaMmmm on June 20, 2013 at 11:07 PM

Anyone who uses Firefox: get one of these add-ons to block the ads – you can thank me later! :)

Flashblock

Adblock Plus

Anti-Control on June 20, 2013 at 11:07 PM

For anyone not technologically challenged like me and does Twitter, this from NumbersUSA:

Tomorrow at 2 p.m. eastern time, NumbersUSA will join other organizations in a Stop Amnesty “Tweet Up.” The goal of the Tweet Up is to get the hashtag #StopAmnesty trending and to overwhelm Senators’ twitter accounts with tweets detailing the flaws of the amnesty bill.
We ask that at 2 p.m. Eastern time/ 1 p.m. Central time/ noon Mountain time/ 11 a.m. Pacific time, you use the hashtag #StopAmnesty and tweet messages to your Senator. We also ask that you stay engaged on Twitter and promote the message as much as you can.
Tweet yourself, retweet others, reply to naysayers, etc. – just make sure you are using #StopAmnesty!

Please pass the word.

TxAnn56 on June 20, 2013 at 11:08 PM

Rubio makes as much sense as this:

davidk on June 20, 2013 at 11:06 PM

And how much better would all of our lives be if she *had*…

Midas on June 20, 2013 at 11:09 PM

i just turn off the volume. I really have no clue what the advantage is to a website owner in putting autoplay on.

it would seem that it would Suppress hits…but that’s just me

and this one seems to stream AP content, so it goes on forever (i guess)

r keller on June 20, 2013 at 11:10 PM

davidk on June 20, 2013 at 11:06 PM

The humanity. I would’ve looked the other way to change some of this mess.

msupertas on June 20, 2013 at 11:10 PM

On that auto play, I simply disable Flash Player under add ons.
I don’t need that when I’m just reading and blogging. When I need it I turn it back on.

bluefox on June 20, 2013 at 11:10 PM

I don’t think your immigration reform bill is going to remove Obama from office Senor Rubio…and he is the disaster we have in place right now.

workingclass artist on June 20, 2013 at 11:10 PM

This is my comment for tonight.

That is all.

Curtiss on June 20, 2013 at 11:10 PM

bluefox on June 20, 2013 at 11:07 PM

…that ain’t happening!…too many Senile Senators!

KOOLAID2 on June 20, 2013 at 11:10 PM

I really seem to be catching the attention of the moderation filter.

I’ll try again: The First Lady went shopping today.

MadisonConservative on June 20, 2013 at 11:10 PM

Yes, yes, a thousand times yes. Sarah should run for Senate. Give me a break.

msupertas on June 20, 2013 at 11:11 PM

El_Terrible on June 20, 2013 at 11:00 PM

I totally agree. The depth of lies and back peddling is really astounding.

gophergirl on June 20, 2013 at 11:12 PM

Boehner is planning on either writing a separate bill

bluefox on June 20, 2013 at 11:07 PM

Hey, Boehner, here’s a better idea – set your own agenda, and run with that, rather than reacting all the time and letting the Dems set the agenda? Crazy idea.

Cut spending, cut taxes, nuke Obamacare, nuke the IRS, indict Holder and every lying POS at the IRS, and *set* the f*cking agenda, you moron.

Midas on June 20, 2013 at 11:12 PM

Rubio makes as much sense as this:

davidk on June 20, 2013 at 11:06 PM

It’s got to be drugs or something?

workingclass artist on June 20, 2013 at 11:12 PM

This is my comment for tonight.

That is all.

Curtiss on June 20, 2013 at 11:10 PM

…I find it much more profound… than any troll comment I have heard since I’ve been here!

KOOLAID2 on June 20, 2013 at 11:13 PM

Rubio today … no parades, or whatever:

Rubio in 2008 and 2010, full of righteous Truthiness:

“First of all, earned path to citizenship is basically code for amnesty.”

“America cannot be the only country in the world that does not enforce its immigration laws. It is unfair to the people that have legally entered this country to create an alternative pathway for individuals who entered illegally and knowingly did so. And all I’m saying is that if you do that you will never have a legal immigration system that works. No one is going to follow the law if there is an easier way to do it.”

“If you grant amnesty, the message that you’re sending is that if you come in this country and stay here long enough, we will let you stay. And no one will ever come through the legal process if you do that.”

“Well, we have a path for citizenship. It’s called coming legally into this country. The ones who are already here. You can’t do it.”

“[Gov. Crist] would have voted for the McCain plan. I think that plan is wrong, and the reason I think it’s wrong is that if you grant amnesty, as the governor proposes that we do … whether it’s back of the line or so forth, you will destroy any chance we will ever have of having a legal immigration system that works here in America.”

Rubio responded: “And then you’ll have a legal immigration system that works. And you’ll have people in this country that are without documents that will…be able to leave this country, return to their homeland, and try to re-enter through our system that now functions, a system that makes sense…Earned path to citizenship is basically code for amnesty.”

Effing dope.

Jaibones on June 20, 2013 at 11:14 PM

Well, plenty of auto-play to PO the regulars
Everybody okay with that?
Things just ain’t the same around here.
Best to enjoy what good times remain
Anger doesn’t cover what has been going on.
Cryin’ about it is not an option.
Kickin’ good folks out while keeping the bad.
Its the new HA way.

cozmo on June 20, 2013 at 10:50 PM

I don’t pay attention to the dynamics of the message boards but if someone got banned for using that racial Hispanic term and you want to obviously risk the same for using the same term, why not just leave?

Jeesh, Drama Queens.

Marcus on June 20, 2013 at 11:15 PM

Here’s an idea for Speaker Boehner.

Don’t pass anything and focus on clearing up the scandals that are rocking DC and undermining any residual trust the American people still have in representative constitutional governance.

In other words Mr. Speaker Grow a Pair!

workingclass artist on June 20, 2013 at 11:15 PM

I concluded that what we have in place right now is a disaster,” Rubio said.

The reason what we have now is a disaster is because Congress refuses to ENFORCE OUR CURRENT LAWS AGAINST ILLEGAL IMMIGRATION!

Do your job, Senator Rubio! Enforce our current laws!

People who have disrespected our laws by being here ILLEGALLY should be sent home!

wren on June 20, 2013 at 11:16 PM

FREE
THE
TWERP!

KOOLAID2 on June 20, 2013 at 11:17 PM

Marcus on June 20, 2013 at 11:15 PM

B ite
M e

MontanaMmmm on June 20, 2013 at 11:18 PM

laura is real agitated tonight

I half-expected #McCain to take off his shoe and bang it on the table, or throw it at #Sessions & @SenMikeLee. #retire— Laura Ingraham (@IngrahamAngle) June 21, 2013

Yes. "@teapartydem: @IngrahamAngle Could this be one of the last nails in the US Republic's coffin?"— Laura Ingraham (@IngrahamAngle) June 21, 2013

If GOP becomes defined by futile attempts to placate voting blocs & taking orders from big biz, Dems will have a long, successful reign.— Laura Ingraham (@IngrahamAngle) June 21, 2013

r keller on June 20, 2013 at 11:18 PM

El_Terrible on June 20, 2013 at 11:00 PM

I have a brother who once had a psychotic episode in which he told me he was the one who rides the white horse in the Book of Revelation – Dorco isn’t to that point, yet

Anti-Control on June 20, 2013 at 11:19 PM

gophergirl on June 20, 2013 at 11:03 PM

For those on a Mac, use Little Snitch.

For all others, well, there’s no helping some people.:)

OldEnglish on June 20, 2013 at 11:19 PM

Drama Queen.

Marcus on June 20, 2013 at 11:15 PM

Bmore on June 20, 2013 at 11:19 PM

Ain’t no sunshine when she’s gone.

MontanaMmmm on June 20, 2013 at 11:07 PM

Looks like Davey ain’t none too jiggy with this one.

arnold ziffel on June 20, 2013 at 11:19 PM

Marcus on June 20, 2013 at 11:15 PM

I guess you like the Helter Skelter way things are around here now.

B ite
M e

MontanaMmmm on June 20, 2013 at 11:18 PM

What she said, killjoy.

cozmo on June 20, 2013 at 11:20 PM

Jeesh, Drama Queens.

Marcus on June 20, 2013 at 11:15 PM

…maybe…because our backs are dry!

KOOLAID2 on June 20, 2013 at 11:21 PM

I hope if they do filibuster it is like Paul’s old fashion one. I think that is the only way people/LIV’s will really pay attention to this.

gophergirl on June 20, 2013 at 11:21 PM

laura

r keller on June 20, 2013 at 11:21 PM

more laura

r keller on June 20, 2013 at 11:21 PM

Midas on June 20, 2013 at 11:12 PM

You’re kidding right? He’d start weeping just reading that, LOL

bluefox on June 20, 2013 at 11:22 PM

arnold ziffel on June 20, 2013 at 11:19 PM

That was downright creepy.

cozmo on June 20, 2013 at 11:22 PM

I have 4,137 bridges to sell you, Senator, if you think we believe you.

PatriotGal2257 on June 20, 2013 at 11:23 PM

Jeesh, Drama Queens.

Marcus on June 20, 2013 at 11:15 PM

I’ll agree that using the term is in poor taste, but banworthy? C’mon. What is this? Kindergarten?

Cleombrotus on June 20, 2013 at 11:23 PM

These Senators are PETRIFIED of going home during July 4th recess w/ ppl given oppty to process just how polluted this “bill” is.— Laura Ingraham (@IngrahamAngle) June 21, 2013

Keep reminding Senators and House Reps why they SHOULD BE PETRIFIED of going home during July 4 recess.

When you call your Rep. and Senators ask them when their next Town Hall Meeting will be.

After the July 4th recess, Senators and Reps will be coming home again August 5 – Sept 6 for their “State Work Period.”

They should certainly be hosting meetings with their constituents during their “State Work Period.”

wren on June 20, 2013 at 11:24 PM

I almost didn’t recognize that as a bunny suit arnold.

Bmore on June 20, 2013 at 11:25 PM

Bite
Me

MontanaMmmm on June 20, 2013 at 11:18 PM

Getting us all excited. I think the more appropriate one for num nutz would be eff off.

arnold ziffel on June 20, 2013 at 11:25 PM

I almost didn’t recognize that as a bunny suit arnold.

Bmore on June 20, 2013 at 11:25 PM

Space Bunny dude, Davey’s subsequent bad dream that night.

arnold ziffel on June 20, 2013 at 11:26 PM

That was downright creepy.

cozmo on June 20, 2013 at 11:22 PM

Scary Green Giant!

Anti-Control on June 20, 2013 at 11:27 PM

Pondering………….

Bmore on June 20, 2013 at 11:27 PM

laura

Yes. “@teapartydem: @IngrahamAngle Could this be one of the last nails in the US Republic’s coffin?”— Laura Ingraham (@IngrahamAngle) June 21, 2013

r keller on June 20, 2013 at 11:21 PM

….Considering how much Laura Ingraham HATES ALL Republicans……..

The ONLY People I know that HATE REPUBLICANS MORE is O’Reilly and Chris Matthews!

williamg on June 20, 2013 at 11:28 PM

Cleombrotus on June 20, 2013 at 11:23 PM

You are probably being generous…

Anti-Control on June 20, 2013 at 11:29 PM

Effing dope.

Jaibones on June 20, 2013 at 11:14 PM

What a difference an election makes. He’s proven his word is worthless and he should just go away.

bluefox on June 20, 2013 at 11:30 PM

I’m not even ready to believe it’s actually come to this. Not only this but the terrifying consequences which will be felt immediately after, from the crushing hit against a flailing economy to the violence which is going to erupt pretty much everywhere.

Bishop on June 20, 2013 at 11:32 PM

Jeesh, Drama Queens.

Marcus on June 20, 2013 at 11:15 PM

Autoplay on QOTD and that’s your choice of issues?

wolfsDad on June 20, 2013 at 11:33 PM

I heard from my Congressman that the phones are wringing off the hooks against this unholy abortion…

… Interesting the media is missing that fact, isn’t it?

Seven Percent Solution on June 20, 2013 at 11:33 PM

…thank goodness I turned of the volume on the auto play!…I was going to write “FREE the Twerp!”…every time the ad lady said “I’ve got to go deposit a check”…but I didn’t want the staff to wake up with a 2,000 comment QOTD…and sh!t their pants!
WHAT?

KOOLAID2 on June 20, 2013 at 11:35 PM

Bishop on June 20, 2013 at 11:32 PM

Then they’ll go “We didn’t think it was going to turn out like this”

ObamaCare – example #1

gophergirl on June 20, 2013 at 11:35 PM

davidk on June 20, 2013 at 11:06 PM

So, Chelsea wishes her maternal grandmother would have been aborted by PP because the parents weren’t married? Cold! Cold, but honest. I hope the old gal keeps a specially keen watch when Chelsea comes over for a visit.

a capella on June 20, 2013 at 11:35 PM

Ooops, Should be on her spouses side.

a capella on June 20, 2013 at 11:36 PM

wren on June 20, 2013 at 11:16 PM

Hey wren! I told quite a few today that anyone voting for this Amnesty didn’t deserve their seat, Sen. or Rep.

Lines were busy in D.C. & a lot had their Voice Mail or recording on. I just called the District Offices and all but one had staff.

bluefox on June 20, 2013 at 11:36 PM

KOOLAID2 on June 20, 2013 at 11:35 PM

Ya’ know, I was all set up to have some fun tonight.

But I’m done giving page hits.

ALyT is still banned, the noobs prudes and trolls can have this one.

cozmo on June 20, 2013 at 11:38 PM

For all others, well, there’s no helping some people.:)

OldEnglish on June 20, 2013 at 11:19 PM

Hey fanboy:-) Don’t have an iPhone do you with AT&T?

bluefox on June 20, 2013 at 11:39 PM

… Interesting the media is missing that fact, isn’t it?

Seven Percent Solution on June 20, 2013 at 11:33 PM

My rep is retiring (she will still vote against it though) and my senators are two leftist bags of sewage who would gladly shove me and my family into a cattle car if ordered to do so by Bark the Wonder Flake.

So I’m sort of stuck, though if this disaster does pass I am going to drive to the Twin Cities about 6 months from now to see how long the line is outside the welfare office and laugh.

Bishop on June 20, 2013 at 11:39 PM

Why couldn’t Rubio’s mom have had an abortion? If she had known how much he would be trying to destroy America and make it even worse than Cuba, she probably would have.

VorDaj on June 20, 2013 at 11:40 PM