Quotes of the day

posted at 10:01 pm on June 19, 2013 by Allahpundit

“I certainly wouldn’t presume to speak for Harry Reid, but I think he’s starting to get nervous,” Cruz said in an interview with conservative radio host Rush Limbaugh…

“I think he’s starting to get nervous because the American people are starting to pay attention,” he said…

“There are probably 20 Republican senators in the U.S. Senate who are on the fence, who are wobbling on this issue and not sure of how to vote,” Cruz added.

***

It was just a few months ago that Republican Sens. Rand Paul and Marco Rubio brought the Conservative Political Action Conference crowd to its feet with back-to-back speeches that left many in the audience waxing poetic about the two freshman firebrands and their prospects in 2016.

But while Paul earned similar praise Wednesday from activists perched on the Capitol lawn for a rally against illegal immigration and the IRS, the very mention of Rubio’s name drew groans and even boos. The same Tea Party types that helped catapult Rubio into the national spotlight have now turned on him as he continues to maneuver the Senate toward a bipartisan, comprehensive immigration reform package…

“I still like him,” William Agliano adds. “But he’s making it tough.”

***

A lot of conservatives are upset with Marco Rubio. I can understand that. I do believe that he had the best of intentions when he started working on this issue. But I also told him during interviews early on that I do not trust Democrats like Chuck Schumer and Dick Durbin. Democrats have a history of not being trustworthy. My prediction seems to have become a reality. Democrats are basically using this as a political issue, not for the sake of solving an important problem but to boost future election chances by making this a wedge issue for 2014. The way that this is all shaping up, Democrats will be able to go out there and say that Republicans don’t like Hispanics, just like they squawk that Republicans want dirty air and water, they want to push granny off the cliff and they want poor and disabled children to fend for themselves. This is typical liberal politics at play.

Nearly every time you do business with liberals, they go back on their word.

***

“The fact is, Senator Rubio is bouncing around trying to find a path out,” a Republican staffer told the Washington Examiner. “The bill is indefensible — and he has all but admitted it by saying ‘it must be improved.’ So he saddled up with Cornyn to try to get cover — but now that doesn’t seem to be working either. Now there are more secret back room-deals being attempted — while Harry Reid and Chuck Schumer stiff-arm Senator Grassley and other Republicans who are trying to modify the bill on the floor. The American people are just waking up to the reality of another 1000 page amnesty bill — and there is a long way to go in this debate.”…

”How long have they been working on this bill?” another Republican Senate aide said. “And they are going to surprise everyone with a brand new bill just DAYS before senators vote on it, before anyone can read it, score it, evaluate it?”

***

Laura Ingraham asked Representative Paul Ryan on her radio show today why he supports immigration reform that could harm middle-class Americans. She asked him, “The CBO report says that [the Gang of Eight] approach, which would allow in all these people, would drive wages down. How can Paul Ryan, the man behind the growth agenda, say that driving American wages down is a good thing over the next twelve years, for the middle class who is struggling in Wisconsin and beyond?”

Citing a data point from the CBO’s recently released score of the Senate bill, Ingraham argued that, while the Senate proposal may be supported by the Chamber of Commerce and big businesses, it would harm wages for working-class Americans. “If the amnesty happens, those people are going to be able to compete across every job line, across every employment sector,” she said. ”How does flooding the marketplace with more laborers to compete across every workplace environment – how is that good for the American middle class?”

***

***

The bill has not primarily been sold as a deficit-reduction measure or a way to increase GNP per capita by 0.2 percent in 20 years’ time. It has been sold as a way–the only practical way–of getting illegal immigration under control. That’s what supporters are getting at when they say that the status quo is unacceptable, that it’s a de facto amnesty, and that nothing could be worse than not passing a bill. Now the CBO tells us that under the bill we will have only 25 percent less illegal immigration than it expects under current law

It is certainly open to supporters of the bill to dispute the CBO’s pessimistic projection about future illegal immigration. But if they do that, they will have to also throw out the deficit and GNP numbers they’ve been touting, since as I understand it those projections are based on the number of people that are expected to be here.

***

Chuck Schumer said recently that passage of the legislation will ensure that “Illegal immigration will be a thing of the past.” Rubio and Graham have made the same claim, repeatedly. But the CBO projects 4.8 million new illegal immigrants and their U.S.-born children will be living in the country by 2023 if the bill becomes law, compared to 6.4 million without it. (This is the 25% reduction Andrew Stiles noted below.) The report doesn’t break out the number of U.S.-born children included in that 4.8 million number, but let’s say, for round-number purposes, there would be 4 million new illegal aliens a decade from now. The report also assumes that only 8 million of the current illegals will receive amnesty, leaving 3.5 million still here illegally (if there are about 11.5 million illegals now, as is likely). Assuming further that half a million of them would die or go home over the next decade, that would seem to imply, based on CBO’s own figures, that there would be 7 million illegal aliens living here 10 years after the bill’s passage. Does that sound like illegal immigration will have become “a thing of the past”?

And if the amnesty-pushers claim the CBO is wrong about its projections of continued mass illegal immigration, then what else is it wrong about?

***

***

“This gang of 8 bill is a disaster”, Cruz began. “We’re hearing the exact same empty promises as 1986. It grants legalization now, and promises that sometime in the future, trust us *wink wink* we’ll secure the border. Fool me once shame on you, fool me twice, shame in me.”

Comments

Comment pages: 1 3 4 5 6 7

Did y’all see that the real beef with Corynan’s amendment isn’t border security but with the DUI provision. Apparently even MADD doesn’t like it. How the he!! does that make sense?

Cindy Munford on June 20, 2013 at 12:50 AM

It doesn’t.

But like the NSA…this issue is revealing.

And I’ll never vote for Jeb Bush no matter how bad his brother or his daddy wants it…his momma doesn’t want it and I agree with Babs.

No Aristocratic Political Dynasties.

workingclass artist on June 20, 2013 at 12:54 AM

Cindy Munford on June 20, 2013 at 12:50 AM

it must mean that there are so many DUI arrests for illegal immigrants that its a deal breaker for the dems. They ill loe out on milions of new voters.

which tells you how screwed up DC is today.

unseen on June 20, 2013 at 12:55 AM

portlandon on June 20, 2013 at 12:39 AM

I doubt it is money, even though that is a tempting sum, I’m not sure they even generate many comments. It’s a representational thing and I am sure the hosts wish some worthier adversaries would come aboard but I’m afraid that’s as smart as you get with liberals.

Cindy Munford on June 20, 2013 at 12:56 AM

im out have a great evening.

unseen on June 20, 2013 at 12:56 AM

workingclass artist on June 20, 2013 at 12:54 AM

Yep. He really was a good governor but even if he hadn’t gone all squish, the dynasty thing would keep me from voting for him also.

Cindy Munford on June 20, 2013 at 12:58 AM

unseen on June 20, 2013 at 12:55 AM

Between this and the high percentage of illegals that fill our prisons,(which I just heard tonight) it should be apparent to everyone this is not a good idea.

Cindy Munford on June 20, 2013 at 12:59 AM

Cindy Munford on June 20, 2013 at 12:50 AM

Yes, it’s most irrational. And I’m sure not one of the so-called Gang of Eight will even discuss it. Apparently, they’re willing to accept an illegal for amnesty with 2 DUI convictions. I wonder if that comports with the requirements for citizenship for people who go through the standard immigration process.

Curtiss on June 20, 2013 at 1:00 AM

Cindy Munford on June 20, 2013 at 12:56 AM

Frankly, I don’t give a damn what it’s about. HAL is beyond vulgar and inappropriate and should have been gone long ago…the fact that there are different rules for trolls is beyond insulting.

Jackalope on June 20, 2013 at 1:00 AM

Twerp…This is for you…It’s Slim Whitman who died today.

If ya see either Liberals or Martians in Lubbock…turn up the slim.

workingclass artist on June 20, 2013 at 1:01 AM

Jackalope on June 20, 2013 at 1:00 AM

Trolls drive traffic, because just about everyone quotes their provocative comments. I suppose it’s entertaining for the readers.

Curtiss on June 20, 2013 at 1:03 AM

How about you get it through your head that I don’t take orders from the likes of you. Better learn that real quick. And, by the way, this isn’t your personal chat room. Take it to Facebook and don’t clutter the place with your self-indulgent cliquish nonsense.

bluegill on June 12, 2013 at 7:42 AM

For bluegshrill:

The Demons – “She’s So Tuff”

She chews her bubblegum loud
I can’t get enough
That girls really knows her stuff

She’s always ready for fight…

Anti-Control on June 20, 2013 at 1:04 AM

As has been said, this bill can be summarized as “we’ll pretend to secure the border, if you pretend to believe us.”

Fred 2 on June 20, 2013 at 1:05 AM

‘Night all.

Jackalope on June 20, 2013 at 1:05 AM

Cindy Munford on June 20, 2013 at 12:58 AM

I can’t stand these entrenched dynasties…It’s European & a big part of their perpetual problems.

workingclass artist on June 20, 2013 at 1:05 AM

Add legal insurrection.

workingclass artist on June 20, 2013 at 12:16 AM

very good site. the other McCain is also great place to get a different take on things. He does real reporting on the scene on a lot of the top stories. not simply taking a drudge headline and making up a blog post about it.

unseen on June 20, 2013 at 12:20 AM

Agree about Legal Insurrection. Also, Nice Deb. She has great compilations.

rrpjr on June 20, 2013 at 1:06 AM

rrpjr on June 20, 2013 at 1:06 AM

Yeah…he started college insurrection which is gaining speed.

Conservativism for the youngsters.

Smart.

workingclass artist on June 20, 2013 at 1:08 AM

Jackalope on June 20, 2013 at 1:00 AM

Yep, it’s not fair and he’s not the only gross one. Things like twerp let slip should be handled with the computer filter, if the co-pilot for the Millennium Falcon was thought of it’s hard to believe that this one got by those who are so sensitive.

Cindy Munford on June 20, 2013 at 1:09 AM

Twerp…This is for you…It’s Slim Whitman who died today.

If ya see either Liberals or Martians in Lubbock…turn up the slim.

workingclass artist on June 20, 2013 at 1:01 AM

SCTV – Stairways To Heaven including Slim Whitman

Anti-Control on June 20, 2013 at 1:09 AM

Too many of our good folks stay away now…

Twerp! Hang in there hon… I miss you :)

QOTD isn’t the same

Scrumpy on June 20, 2013 at 1:13 AM

When the consensus is in about moving… I’ll check back…

Until then…

God Bless and Good Night!!

Scrumpy on June 20, 2013 at 1:15 AM

SCTV – Stairways To Heaven including Slim Whitman

Anti-Control on June 20, 2013 at 1:09 AM

HA!

What’s killing them Grandma?

I think it’s my music…

workingclass artist on June 20, 2013 at 1:15 AM

Anti-Control on June 20, 2013 at 1:04 AM

Can anyone explain how someone goes from idolizing Mitt Romney to Ted Cruz? On a ideological scale don’t they have to be light years apart? I have to believe it is the Ivy League school pedigree.

Cindy Munford on June 20, 2013 at 1:15 AM

which tells you how screwed up DC is today.

unseen on June 20, 2013 at 12:55 AM

They are hit and run drivers. Even when the Rio Grande swimmers are sober and get in an accident they just leave the scene because they don’t want to get caught.

I suppose they are getting in the accidents that Americans refuse to do since they are doing the jobs that Americans refuse to do.

SparkPlug on June 20, 2013 at 1:15 AM

QOTD used to be better when I was here. But since I left it’s just not the same.

SparkPlug on June 20, 2013 at 1:17 AM

SECURE THE BORDER.
REPATRIATE THE ILLEGALS.
OUST THE TRAITORS.

ex_machina on June 20, 2013 at 1:17 AM

Anti-Control on June 20, 2013 at 1:04 AM

Cindy Munford on June 20, 2013 at 1:15 AM

Don’t go there Cindy…dangerous neighborhood…

workingclass artist on June 20, 2013 at 1:19 AM

HA!

What’s killing them Grandma?

I think it’s my music…

workingclass artist on June 20, 2013 at 1:15 AM

haha

Anti-Control on June 20, 2013 at 1:19 AM

I have a go in early stay late day at work tomorrow and I’m already going to be sorry I didn’t go to bed. Good night and sweet dreams everyone.

Cindy Munford on June 20, 2013 at 1:19 AM

SparkPlug on June 20, 2013 at 1:17 AM

Well that’s certainly true.

Cindy Munford on June 20, 2013 at 1:20 AM

Cindy Munford on June 20, 2013 at 1:15 AM

Let’s ask the Great bluegshrill herself! :)

I think part of it is because she felt let down by Mitt and his apparent wimpiness…

Anti-Control on June 20, 2013 at 1:23 AM

Buddy Guy – “She’s Out There Somewhere”

Anti-Control on June 20, 2013 at 1:26 AM

which tells you how screwed up DC is today.

unseen on June 20, 2013 at 12:55 AM

SparkPlug on June 20, 2013 at 1:15 AM

It’s the way they drive in Mexico…seriously it’s crazy like India crazy down there.

True Story…

I’m in my car on a one way block with 3 lanes about 40 feet from a light. Cars in all lanes and I’m boxed in like everybody else.

The SUV in front throws it into reverse of me backs into my fender so she can go to the gas station.

I follow her and she gets out doesn’t speak but 3 words spanglish and offers me 40 bucks to fix my car.

Then she gets hysterical cause the anglo isn’t budgin’ and calls her master or brother or god knows who…He owned the vehicle.

We trade insurance info…and I told him she needs to get off the freekin’ road Jack & learn to speak english cause I aint’ learnin spanish.

Most of them just don’t know how to freekin drive until they’ve been here a while and the further down you go on the continent the worse they drive….seriously.

workingclass artist on June 20, 2013 at 1:27 AM

Anti-Control on June 20, 2013 at 1:23 AM

I asked her today if she knew the lyrics to the fight songs of both Harvard and Princeton. No answer.

Cindy Munford on June 20, 2013 at 1:27 AM

workingclass artist on June 20, 2013 at 1:27 AM

The article suggests it is a show of manliness to be able to drink and still drive. But they can’t. No one can. Like someone up thread mentioned, do people who come here legally get to drink and drive and continue on their path to citizenship?

Cindy Munford on June 20, 2013 at 1:31 AM

I,too, have noticed a change in HotAir. I did not realize that the unfair and unbalanced approach included some very questionable bannings. With all of the stabs we are getting from our government concerning free speech, we certainly don’t need to comment on this “conservative” website. I shall return to the shadows with my conservative thoughts and beliefs.

mobydutch on June 20, 2013 at 1:32 AM

Cindy Munford on June 20, 2013 at 1:27 AM

haha

I get the impression she was not born in the US…

Anti-Control on June 20, 2013 at 1:34 AM

Cindy Munford on June 20, 2013 at 1:31 AM

apparently…cause Diversity!

workingclass artist on June 20, 2013 at 1:37 AM

Anti-Control on June 20, 2013 at 1:34 AM

Not something I had considered but it sure might explain a lot.

I’m really saying goodnight now!!!!

Cindy Munford on June 20, 2013 at 1:38 AM

Question:

Did Obama bring that 8″ thick security wall with him from the states?

WTF?

workingclass artist on June 20, 2013 at 1:45 AM

Cindy Munford on June 20, 2013 at 1:27 AM

If her renditions of those school fight songs include the words varmint and polecat my money is that Harvard and Princeton are not on the resume.

viking01 on June 20, 2013 at 1:47 AM

Question:

Did Obama bring that 8″ thick security wall with him from the states?

WTF?

workingclass artist on June 20, 2013 at 1:45 AM

It’s the amazing POSOTUS personal speechifying aquarium!

Recycled from Moochelle’s Sea World grade lobster tanks, no doubt.

viking01 on June 20, 2013 at 1:49 AM

Rubio has been played like a cheap fiddle. He just does get it that these guys are not interested in what he is. And if you hang with McCain and you become retarded.

pat on June 20, 2013 at 1:56 AM

pat on June 20, 2013 at 1:56 AM

I think of it as, “If you have the desire to hang with McLame, it’s proof you’re retarded.”

Anti-Control on June 20, 2013 at 1:57 AM

Ace of Spades
The Blaze
Drudge
The Right Scoop

Just sayin’.

MadisonConservative on June 20, 2013 at 12:00 AM

Drudge has a comments section?

Where?

Solaratov on June 20, 2013 at 2:00 AM

Waht’s the cBS about ALT being banned?…

Gohawgs on June 20, 2013 at 2:11 AM

Question:

Did Obama bring that 8″ thick security wall with him from the states?

WTF?

workingclass artist on June 20, 2013 at 1:45 AM

What’d he need that for? I thought the world loved Barry…

RalphyBoy on June 20, 2013 at 2:17 AM

Man, do I have Dire-itis, or what?…

let’s try again –

What’s this cBS about ALT being banned?…

Gohawgs on June 20, 2013 at 2:18 AM

What’s this cBS about ALT being banned?…

Gohawgs on June 20, 2013 at 2:18 AM

Apparently, commenting on the damp residue on the posteriors of our newest soon-to-be-citizens is on a secret list of bannable phrases.

Solaratov on June 20, 2013 at 2:24 AM

Solaratov on June 20, 2013 at 2:24 AM

Do you know which DLW banned her?…

Gohawgs on June 20, 2013 at 2:26 AM

Gohawgs on June 20, 2013 at 2:26 AM

No. I didn’t know about it until the day after she got banned.

Solaratov on June 20, 2013 at 2:33 AM

Well apparently, as long as one doesn’t mention a certain blogger’s wife, post a link/pic of their gun collection (Sapwolf) or use a term that the mods don’t like (alt) commenters can say what ever they like…And, have

MKH has more testosterone than ED or AP…

Gohawgs on June 20, 2013 at 2:38 AM

It seems the banning of Annoying Little Twerp might be stirring up a mutiny here, as it should.

But as someone who’s spent much time traveling thru Mexico and along much of the Border on the Mexican side since I first took a motorcycle trip to Manzanillo in 1999 at age 19, I’d like to share a little fact with this site’s moderators: Mexicans themselves use the term “mojados” to describe those who cross the Border illegally. That term is used by both Mexicans in the US and Mexicans in Mexico, and it’s used so casually and so often that any Mexican would be stunned to hear that someone would be shunned for using that.

Webtack

There, I said it.

sartana on June 20, 2013 at 2:47 AM

Ha. Apparently, I have a comment in moderation…

What a bunch of DLW, status quo, girly men…

Gohawgs on June 20, 2013 at 2:56 AM

The Destroy America crowd in Congress need to be thrown out on their treasonous asses.

profitsbeard on June 20, 2013 at 2:58 AM

For Dorco Boobio:

Buddy Guy – “I Smell A Rat”

Anti-Control on June 20, 2013 at 3:07 AM

How do square fish swim?

RickB on June 20, 2013 at 12:32 AM

Toward anglers.

profitsbeard on June 20, 2013 at 3:12 AM

Well, it looks like it could be worse than getting banned by Hot Churchlady Air. Marine Le Pen, French member of the European Parliament, faces prosecution for committing the rhetorical crime of comparing the current islamic presence in Europe to the Nazi occupation of France. The story below quotes a muslim British Tory(yeah, that’s “Conservative”) EU Parliament member calling for her arrest and prosecution for this. So we have a muslim citizen of one country calling for the arrest and prosecution of the citizen of another country for the crime of insulting islam. The French police are merely waiting for the EU Parliament to lift Le Pen’s immunity in order to prosecute.

This is exactly where we are headed, folks. Five years tops.

sartana on June 20, 2013 at 3:13 AM

That sound you heard was NorthDallasThirty’s head exploding Exodus International is no more and issues an apology for reparative therapy lies. We’re just waiting for Marcus bachman.

libfreeordie on June 20, 2013 at 4:33 AM

sartana on June 20, 2013 at 2:47 AM

Lord. I dealt with this crap in the 90s with white people and the N-word and wondering “well if black people can use it, why can’t I.” And its really quite simple, and can be summed up with the following “you don’t know me like that.” There are a host of negative things you and your family members can say about another family membe, but the instant some stranger says the same you’re going to be pissed. For racial minorities, this is the logic of usage around the n-work or the w-word or the s-word. If you don’t engage in relations with other humans on a regular basis OK. But if you understand the concept I’m describing re the family, hopefully it will relieve some of the butt-hurtness on this.

Oh, and please, use the terms as often as you want. But when it causes people to judge you (or in this case ban you) don’t act fresh and brand new about why.

libfreeordie on June 20, 2013 at 4:41 AM

OT: If not everyone had seen, Ed Morrissey is raising money to send care packages to troops deployed. You can make a difference with just a 10 dollar donation. Let’s help him get to 5K.

hawkdriver on June 20, 2013 at 4:45 AM

libfreeordie on June 20, 2013 at 4:41 AM

Keep that in mind next time you try saying (which should be any minute now, given your posting history) all us Conservatives are racist and homophobic.

Liam on June 20, 2013 at 4:46 AM

libfreeordie on June 20, 2013 at 4:41 AM

You’ve called Southern Whites rednecks. How well do you know them you freaking hypocrite?

hawkdriver on June 20, 2013 at 4:47 AM

Did anyone besides me hear some childish, high-pitched, aimless whining work its way into the thread?

Elton John – “The B!tch Is Back”

live version (1974)

studio version

Anti-Control on June 20, 2013 at 4:50 AM

hawkdriver on June 20, 2013 at 4:47 AM

I have never once used the word “redneck” as a derogatory ethnic slur. As usual, when it comes to me. You lie first and then scream and yell that I’m defensive, when I point out said lie. And then eventually admit that it was a lie, and ridicule me for even caring. Proceed.

libfreeordie on June 20, 2013 at 4:51 AM

hawkdriver on June 20, 2013 at 4:47 AM

Liberals aren’t hypocrites. They simply have two sets of standards, the same a Mafioso has two sets of accounting books. LOL

Liam on June 20, 2013 at 4:51 AM

Liam on June 20, 2013 at 4:46 AM

There are times when I have painted conservatives with a broad brush, and you have critiqued me for it. But what I haven’t done is turn around and whined “But Jeff Foxworthy talks down to conservative audiences, WHY CAN’T I?!?” Because doing so makes one look like an idiot.

libfreeordie on June 20, 2013 at 4:54 AM

Liam on June 20, 2013 at 4:51 AM

The same can be said for their views on war. If George Bush were marching the USA to war with Syria there would be no end to the news coverage and leftist anti-war comments here.

I guess it be okay when obama do it.

hawkdriver on June 20, 2013 at 4:56 AM

“I guess it’s okay when obama do it.”

More coffee.

hawkdriver on June 20, 2013 at 4:57 AM

Dang,

“I guess it’s okay when obama does it.”

Even more coffee.

hawkdriver on June 20, 2013 at 4:57 AM

I guess it be okay when obama do it.

hawkdriver on June 20, 2013 at 4:56 AM

Self-righteous leftards like libfreeliveenslavedordie, who cannot admit how hypocritical & whiny they are, are not worth arguing with…

Anti-Control on June 20, 2013 at 4:59 AM

Dang,

“I guess it’s okay when obama does it.”

Even more coffee.

hawkdriver on June 20, 2013 at 4:57 AM

Does fatigue explain your desire to lie and accuse me of saying things I’ve never said?

libfreeordie on June 20, 2013 at 5:00 AM

libfreeordie on June 20, 2013 at 4:54 AM

Fair enough, if you believe the person you critiqued was trying to be serious. I don’t, for it’s common among many of us to be cynical. If given chance to toss around certain terms, most of us wouldn’t even in jest.

It’s a problem among the overly-sensitive: To take things literally and of their own, without having a frame of reference to learn not every comment is a serious one.

Liam on June 20, 2013 at 5:01 AM

libfreeordie on June 20, 2013 at 4:54 AM

As libfreeordie and deathtomedihacks you have used the word redneck to describe Southern Whites. And yet you complain about people using a word the Black Community uses regularly?

I’ll tell you what. I hate the n word. I’m all about free speech but I hate that word. For all of the things it does to the people in my life who I work with and whom I love that do not use it and see it as “the” word used to dismiss them as someone else’s most convenient negative stereotype, I hate it.

You cause the same reaction in good and decent Southerners when you call people rednecks and worse.

hawkdriver on June 20, 2013 at 5:03 AM

Liam on June 20, 2013 at 5:01 AM

I don’t believe in telling people they can’t feel the feelings they are currently feeling. Because…for one thing that’s impossible to enact because they ARE feeling those feelings. Rather, I’d prefer to ask “why are you upset.” And go from there. Like for example, I clearly enrage hawkdriver beyond all mortal ken, whereas he/she is someone I never think about except when trying to swat away her slanderous posts. Hawk will never tell me why she/he is *really* enraged at me, so I don’t ask.

libfreeordie on June 20, 2013 at 5:04 AM

hawkdriver on June 20, 2013 at 5:03 AM

Put up or shut up. Post it.

libfreeordie on June 20, 2013 at 5:06 AM

libfreeordie on June 20, 2013 at 5:00 AM

Post a lie. It’s actually you who have done so. I never called you a pedophile as you claim. I have said and maintain you advocate lowering the age of sexual consent and additionally advocate older men in relationships with younger boys.

Go ahead and post the “lie”.

I actually don’t mind reminding people what a sick man you are.

hawkdriver on June 20, 2013 at 5:06 AM

libfreeordie on June 20, 2013 at 4:41 AM

How tiring it must be to live with the world upon your shoulders.

Interesting that you refer to blacks as making up a family- a racial family. Do you also consider whites to comprise a family- a racial family?

And what is this “N-word” that people are constantly referring to?

sartana on June 20, 2013 at 5:07 AM

Y’all are enabling the leftard to dirty up the thread – what does arguing with him ever accomplish?

Anti-Control on June 20, 2013 at 5:09 AM

I’m only enraged that a “College Prefesser” doesn’t understand the correct use of ellipses.

hawkdriver on June 20, 2013 at 5:12 AM

libfreeordie on June 20, 2013 at 5:04 AM

In a sense, you do. Conservatism is an emotional thing, like anything political. And you do hold disdain for us, often using that broad brush you mentioned. Which is fair, since many of us can’t stand liberals.

The difference between us there, if there be one, is that you have never been Conservative. Many of us, on the other hand, had once been liberal.

Liam on June 20, 2013 at 5:13 AM

Post a lie. It’s actually you who have done so.

Use the magic of google and find the post then. It may be hard for you though as no such thing exists. I think you are senile and thinking of someone else.

I never called you a pedophile as you claim.

You accused me of desiring to have sex with underage boys. That is calling me a pedophile. And the gag is I have never dated *anyone* younger than myself. So that’s lie number two for this thread.

I have only *ever* advocated that the age of consent which exists in the majority of the states (16) should be the age of consent everywhere. How dare I agree with the laws in 30+ states. Oh the humanity!

Go ahead and post the “lie”.

See this post.

I actually don’t mind reminding people what a sick man you are.

hawkdriver on June 20, 2013 at 5:06 AM

No. You like the fact that on a conservative blog you can make slanderous statements about a person with impugnity because most posters general dislike of me will predjudice them into believing your mess. That’s cute for you. But that’s all it is.

libfreeordie on June 20, 2013 at 5:14 AM

hawkdriver on June 20, 2013 at 5:12 AM

haha

Anti-Control on June 20, 2013 at 5:15 AM

libfreeordie on June 20, 2013 at 5:14 AM

You’re hilarious. You lie about an assertion I make based on your own comments and then tell me to Google proof for you? I don’t think so. You’ve made many comments as both deathtomediahacks and libfreeordie advocating lowering the age of sexual consent and have on many occasions described scenarios where older men could be in healthy relationships with younger boys. Those comments are there and I stand by them.

You cannot fond a comment where I’ve called you a pedophile. I have not read anything you’ve written so far that would lead me to believe you’ve stepped over that line too.

hawkdriver on June 20, 2013 at 5:23 AM

hawkdriver unless you can post a link to a comment where I used the word “redneck” the world will know you for the liar you are. The end.

libfreeordie on June 20, 2013 at 5:25 AM

Remember when I said this:

libfreeordie on June 20, 2013 at 4:51 AM

Well the hawkdriver lie-cycle has just entered the spin and dry phase

libfreeordie on June 20, 2013 at 5:27 AM

Thread won.

libfreeordie on June 15, 2013 at 1:50 PM

Liam on June 20, 2013 at 5:27 AM

This comment here is really the crux of it though. I’ve asked you on many occasions about parental rights when a child is living at home of this age. Would that parent have the right to prevent a relationship with said older man? Do you see a 35 year old man having the right to visit some 16 year old boy in his home, be legally within his rights to have sex with him and the parents have no say at all? I mean, you’ve made comment before that even 16 is arbitrary. And you were okay with a 14 year old running away with a person of age.

In your brave new world does a parent have no rights with a child living in their home?

hawkdriver on June 20, 2013 at 5:29 AM

I’ll post the comment with redneck when you post the comment where I called you a pedophile.

But I’ll accept the “Thread Won” honors for today because you tried to divert the conversation from a subject you clearly are uncomfortable talking about; which is your sophomoric misuse of ellipses of course.

hawkdriver on June 20, 2013 at 5:32 AM

Thread won.

libfreeordie on June 15, 2013 at 1:50 PM

Liam on June 20, 2013 at 5:27 AM

When he carries on like a whiny brat, and people who know better reward him with the attention he desires anyway, isn’t he kinda right about being the “winner”?

Anti-Control on June 20, 2013 at 5:34 AM

hawkdriver on June 20, 2013 at 5:32 AM

None of us Conservatives have anything to prove, Pilot. We have gotten to know each other quite well over time, while the liberals come in with preconceived notions of us from the get-go. We can disprove their assertions till the cows come home blue in the face, at which point the lib will change the subject.

Next time, and on a different thread, the lib will again assert its first point as if it hadn’t been debunked.

Liam on June 20, 2013 at 5:37 AM

Anti-Control on June 20, 2013 at 5:34 AM

Not necessarily. I see your point but, sometimes, people need to rise up and put the brakes on a liberal’s smug arrogance. The key is to when to quit.

Liam on June 20, 2013 at 5:38 AM

Anti-Control on June 20, 2013 at 5:34 AM

I believe he is one of our leftists here who actually does need to be engaged. His incredibly moronic misuse of ellipses notwithstanding, he does have a modicum of intellectual abilities that allows him to post some pretty compelling propaganda for the weak-minded. His misinformation and outright lies do need to be set straight.

hawkdriver on June 20, 2013 at 5:40 AM

It’s interesting that one of Hot Air’s resident libs would assert that blacks make up a separate racial family. It never occurred to me to see people as comprising different groups based upon race, as I was raised to not judge a person by the color of their skin. But according to Libfreeordie, I must now feel some kind of familial kinship with say, a white person from France, that I don’t feel towards a fellow American who is black. It never occurred to me to make such racial distinctions till now. Very interesting.

It’s also worthy of note to see Libfreeordie affirming the use of judgement and discrimination in asserting that one should judge a person for using certain words based upon the race of the speaker. It never occurred to me to discriminate upon the basis of race, a person’s motives when expressing themselves. Also, that certain language could be allowed one person, but not another, depending upon the race of each. I had previously thought that it was just a bunch of people talking.

Libfreeordie has awakened me to a new racial reality and I am now “race-curious”.

sartana on June 20, 2013 at 5:43 AM

Can you remember a time when any of the leftards here have humbly admitted they were wrong and then changed their behavior accordingly because someone argued with them?

The key is to when to quit.

Liam on June 20, 2013 at 5:38 AM

I agree, but if you tell me that talking to selfish brats who refuse to listen is a wiser course of action than saying, “If you want to be treated as an adult, act like one, otherwise you will be ignored” to them, I’ll say you are making a mistake & wasting your energy…

Anti-Control on June 20, 2013 at 5:49 AM

sartana on June 20, 2013 at 5:43 AM

Liberals are an over-sensitive bunch, so much that they see things that aren’t there. Hence their affection for believing Conservatives talk in ‘code’, which is a really odd view to hold. I mean, if we did talk in code, how would liberals be privy to it? Did they send Secret Agent Man into our ‘ranks’ or something?

Liam on June 20, 2013 at 5:51 AM

which is your sophomoric misuse of ellipses of course.

hawkdriver on June 20, 2013 at 5:32 AM

In kentucky ellipses are those things that cover our tooth…

Bradky on June 20, 2013 at 5:51 AM

His misinformation and outright lies do need to be set straight.

hawkdriver on June 20, 2013 at 5:40 AM

Arguing with him endlessly, which is all I ever see when people engage him, does not accomplish anything – if it did, it wouldn’t keep happening, would it?

Anti-Control on June 20, 2013 at 5:52 AM

Anti-Control on June 20, 2013 at 5:49 AM

I see your point, and often I keep my mouth shut.

A troll once told me to get a hobby. I shot back that I do have a hobby: Needling liberals.

Sometimes I just can’t help myself. LOL

Liam on June 20, 2013 at 5:53 AM

We have 14% unemployment, 25 million unemployed, but what the hell, let’s bring in another 20 million. (You all know that 11 million number is nonsense)

VERY STUPID MOVE RUBIO.

dogsoldier on June 20, 2013 at 5:57 AM

Anti-Control on June 20, 2013 at 5:52 AM

You’d prefer him endlessly misusing ellipses?

I kid.

Look. Libfreeordie has posted here as Deathtomediahacks and other screen names for which he was banned. He currently uses others. He uses Hot Air to seed commentary about one of his pet advocacy’s which is lowering the age of sexual consent and normalizing the concept of sexual relationships between older adults and children. He chiefly discusses the male aspect of this concept but has used recent news events where it involved an older female with a much younger girl to bolster his argument.

I’m sorry, but this is one commenter I will engage so long as this remains one of his goals.

hawkdriver on June 20, 2013 at 6:03 AM