Senate kills John Thune’s border-fence amendment — with help from Rubio and McCain

posted at 4:31 pm on June 18, 2013 by Allahpundit

You know the deal. Every amendment that adds significant border security to the Gang of Eight bill threatens to scare Democratic votes away, and Rubio, McCain, Graham, and Flake have decided that they’d rather have the bad bill they wrote pass than no bill at all. Four votes against the fence, just as Conn Carroll predicted this morning:

Senators on Tuesday rejected building the 700 miles of double-tier border fencing Congress authorized just seven years ago, with a majority of the Senate saying they didn’t want to delay granting illegal immigrants legal status while the fence was being built.

The 54-39 vote to reject the fence shows the core of the immigration deal is holding. The vote broke mostly along party lines, though five Republicans, including Sen. Marco Rubio and the rest of the bill’s authors, voted against the fence, and two Democrats voted for it.

Republicans had offered the fence as a way to build the confidence of voters skeptical that the government will enforce its laws, but opponents said building more fencing is costly, would take too long, and shouldn’t be dictated by Washington.

“I think we should leave that to the best judgment of the Border Patrol,” said Sen. John McCain, one of the eight senators who wrote the immigration bill.

That’s the same John McCain who grumbled in early 2007 about having to “build the goddamned fence,” then quickly metamorphosed into a kinda sorta border hawk in time for the 2008 campaign, then hung onto his phony border-security cred to get elected to another Senate term in 2010, and who now has safely reverted to the amnesty shill he always was at heart. That’s one of the glories of the current reform process — how open and honest everyone involved is.

Here’s another fun immigration anecdote from National Journal:

Marco Rubio was not amused.

The senator from Florida had listened patiently as a panel of hand-picked conservatives, lined up across a long table at the front of the room, took turns speaking about the prospects of immigration reform. When discussion finally opened to the anxious, overflowing crowd of lawmakers at the Republican Study Committee’s immigration summit, several were quick to critique their pro-reform colleagues—Rubio the headliner among them…

Referencing a Jay Leno one-liner, Burgess questioned fellow conservatives about the wisdom of giving citizenship to “11 million undocumented Democrats.” Laughter, some of it nervous, spread throughout the room. But not everyone found Burgess’s crack funny. According to several people who attended the June 5 gathering, Rubio glared at Burgess.

I don’t disagree with him that it’s a bad idea for Republicans in Congress to go around calling illegals “undocumented Democrats.” It’s true on balance, of course — everyone understands the political stakes of amnesty — but when someone in power is that openly dismissive of a constituency as ungettable, they risk making it even more ungettable than it otherwise might be. The last thing a politician should say to someone who’s technically unaffiliated is tell them that they belong to the other party. But Rubio’s ire would be more tolerable if he didn’t seem to have an Obama-esque confidence in himself to defy basic political gravity. O came into office thinking that he’d usher in an age of “pragmatic” bipartisanship through the sheer force of his own charisma. Rubio, when pressed by Rush Limbaugh on the fact that most Latinos vote Democratic, made noises that suggest he thinks he’s going to do something similar in convincing Latinos to adopt small-government conservatism. Obama was wrong, Rubio will be wrong too. Although Rubio, at least, recognizes that having a legislative achievement to tout instead of just his own charm and personal awesomeness would be helpful in making the case.

Beyond that, if Rubio’s so concerned about politicians alienating key constituencies through jerky, off-putting rhetoric, how come he hasn’t canned any aides yet over yesterday’s moronic “we need amnesty because some American workers can’t cut it” quote? He prides himself on effective messaging, right? Well, here’s a chance to send a message. Fire the guys who told Ryan Lizza that because some American workers aren’t “stars,” we need more foreign workers — even though some of them aren’t stars either. And yes, I’m using the plural when I refer to “aides”; Lizza published a partial transcript last night showing that it was two Rubio staffers who seemed to subscribe to the “can’t cut it” quote, not just one.

I leave you with this, from McCain’s “yes, I’m a conservative, sort of” 2010 Senate campaign, to remind you that you’ve been lied to on immigration, over and over, and you’re being lied to again now.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3

TxAnn56 on June 18, 2013 at 8:28 PM

Thanks. I’ve read a couple of his opinions and statements, but trying to concentrate on their voting record. I know Paul is trying to sit on the fence on this, but eventually he’ll need to vote. He’s thinking of running in 2016, but imo he needs to stay in the Senate. Doubt if he has or can raise the funds to compete with Jebbie:-)

TxAnn56 on June 18, 2013 at 8:32 PM

Thanks, I happen to have the Judiciary House Committee members list from before but not the other one you posted; thanks.

Paul Ryan on Levin this evening. Sounds like the House is going to write their own bill, which we know what will happen there.

Obamacare all over again.

bluefox on June 18, 2013 at 8:49 PM

Well, I hope that Palin has changed her position. In the Univision interview from awhile back she clearly said she favored a “pathway to citizenship.” If she has changed her position since then, I would be glad. Some of you people are strangely, overly defensive of her, even when she aligns herself with McCain on this issue. It’s weird. Are you guys worshiping in a personality cult, or do you care about the issues?

bluegill on June 18, 2013 at 8:50 PM

I trust Ted Cruz a million times more than Rand Paul or Palin on this issue. Until Cruz gives me reason to think differently, he’s my guy on this issue.

bluegill on June 18, 2013 at 8:52 PM

A little related levity:

Hope it brings a smile as we work hard to stop the Rubio amnesty disaster.

bluegill on June 18, 2013 at 8:56 PM

Obamacare all over again.

bluefox on June 18, 2013 at 8:49 PM

It’s just amazing that the average Joe quasi-conservative voter is so clueless about what’s in this bill. It’s essentially open borders because if an illegal is picked up after the magic date, all they have to do is file for asylum and you and I will pay for an attorney at $90/hr for them (in the bill!). The waiting period to get asylum is unlimited whereas it used to be a year. And then there’s the legal immigration aspect of it which is just as bad.

I’m on a conference call with NumbersUSA Thursday and they usually update us on the behind the scenes goings on. I’ll have to take another “late lunch” and go sit in the car.

Thanks bluefox for your activism. This issue is personal for me so it means alot.

TxAnn56 on June 18, 2013 at 8:58 PM

This is classic smoke and mirrors. All of a sudden immigration is the debate of the country. Besides abortion there is no bigger wedge issue in this country. Divide and conquer just like the last election. It also shows that the ruling class has a memory like an elephant no pun intended. Remember when Bush and Kennedy’s pathway to citizenship went down. That scum Chertoff started rounding up Germans and Irish and deporting them. It’s just a game to these people. They can get what they wanted all along and divert the populations attention from the corruption of our government. We have crossed the Rubicon folks… Never thought I’d see the day when this country created a caste system.

OliverB on June 18, 2013 at 9:04 PM

Sooo if Rubio (or another RINO)ends up being the Republican nominee in 2016, who here will have the balls to join me in putting principle over Party and vote third party?

Decoski on June 18, 2013 at 9:05 PM

Decoski on June 18, 2013 at 9:05 PM

Instead, why don’t you put your efforts towards ensuring that Rubio does NOT get the nomination. We should unite earlier and strongly support someone else.

bluegill on June 18, 2013 at 9:09 PM

America is glaring at you, Rubio.

flyoverland on June 18, 2013 at 9:13 PM

TheAlamos on June 18, 2013 at 8:43 PM

Thank you!

bluefox on June 18, 2013 at 9:17 PM

McCain, Graham, and Rubio are weasels.

Quartermaster on June 18, 2013 at 9:21 PM

Rubio is the enemy within. Destroyer of prosperity. We will become Honduras.

SparkPlug on June 18, 2013 at 9:28 PM

Rubio sure didn’t take long to betray us. Surely this is some kind of record.

bluegill on June 18, 2013 at 9:31 PM

TxAnn56 on June 18, 2013 at 8:58 PM

Glad you’re getting info from NumbersUSA. Late lunch and sitting in the car doesn’t sound like fun. Those of us that are active, make sacrifices with our time & money. Many of the T.P. groups do the same and travel as they are tomorrow to D.C. I wish more Conservatives were active, but it is what it is.

I certainly miss my group that worked very hard against Obamacare.

bluefox on June 18, 2013 at 9:32 PM

I will definitely vote third party if the republican nominee supports any of the following-amnesty,gay marriage,the legalization of drugs,a budget compromise including tax hikes,and intervention in any war involving the defense of Muslims who want to destroy us.

redware on June 18, 2013 at 9:38 PM

mccain money machine could not be stopped dang it…

arrgghhhh

cmsinaz on June 18, 2013 at 9:40 PM

Decoski on June 18, 2013 at 9:05 PM

I always vote but will cross that bridge when I come to it. I may vote R, third party or Dem. Just depends on who the Candidates happen to be. I read somewhere that Santorum is thinking of running again?

bluefox on June 18, 2013 at 9:42 PM

Decoski on June 18, 2013 at 9:05 PM

Not many. It’ll be the same crap from 2012: vote for the Establishment candidate just one…more…time…or else the commies will win and you’ll be a filthy socialist bastard who’ll be helping those filthy commies just by pointing out the obvious truth that the Establishment candidate doesn’t have a snowball’s chance. Believe me, a lot of us experienced that first hand.

ddrintn on June 18, 2013 at 9:46 PM

bluefox

Sadly, what she posted is true.

xblade on June 18, 2013 at 8:46 PM

Well, it would be a first. Seriously, xblade I’ll check it out when I have some time. I’ve already called his office on Immigration anyway as well as the others. I also get emails weekly from him, so there is that.

bluefox on June 18, 2013 at 9:46 PM

Rubio is a liar and a fraud.

bw222 on June 18, 2013 at 9:46 PM

bluegill -

If you were paying attention, you’d know that Palin came out against amnesty Saturday at the Faith and Freedom Coalition conference on Saturday:

bw222 on June 18, 2013 at 9:52 PM

ddrintn on June 18, 2013 at 9:46 PM

You and people like you never do anything but whine. You get satisfaction out of being a wimpy, defeatist crybaby. You enjoy it. You post the same comment over and over and over. Why don’t you work towards promoting and supporting the candidate you want, rather than declaring it all over years before a single vote is cast. You’re pathetic.

I will be proud to support Cruz, and I am not ready to concede a damn thing.

bluegill on June 18, 2013 at 9:55 PM

Is it time to vote for Rubio yet…. wait… what?

Hero worship is so fleeting…. it’s almost not worth doing…

Hog Wild on June 18, 2013 at 9:55 PM

Rubio’s balding.

So much for 2016.

MadisonConservative on June 18, 2013 at 10:02 PM

I intend to donate the maximum amount under the law to any conservative that seeks to defeat Rubio in a primary for re-election to the Senat.I hope his Presidential ambitions have already been destroyed by his support for this anti-American amnesty bill.

redware on June 18, 2013 at 10:07 PM

Hey, AP – we are still talking about ILLEGAL F*CKING ALIENS, right?

How ’bout “the last thing we should say to them is “congratulations, you broke the law and got away with it, so as your reward, here’s your citizenship papers, here’s your forms to get welfare, here’s your voter ID card, here’s your…”?

I don’t give a f*ck what political affiliation an illegal immigrant has, I give a f*ck why they’re still here, and why we aren’t kicking their f*cking asses out of our country – you know, as though we give a f*ck about that quaint notion known as ‘the rule of law’.

Midas on June 18, 2013 at 10:14 PM

redware on June 18, 2013 at 10:07 PM

I may donate more than the legal amount, if I can afford to.

Law? What law? ‘The law’ applies anymore?

Midas on June 18, 2013 at 10:17 PM

Decoski on June 18, 2013 at 9:05 PM

Already said as much, many times. The *only* GOP candidate I will vote for at this time – unless he f*cks it up like the rest of them – is Cruz. I’d quit my job and go to work for him, will support him until/unless he sells himself out like the rest, but as for now, I’m not voting for any of them again. Maybe ever.

Midas on June 18, 2013 at 10:20 PM

Time for a third party! How many more years are conservatives going to cling to the notion that the GOP will represent them and their views? Wake the heck up people!

fight like a girl on June 18, 2013 at 10:20 PM

I read somewhere that Santorum is thinking of running again?

bluefox on June 18, 2013 at 9:42 PM

Of course he is, lol. *yawn*

Midas on June 18, 2013 at 10:21 PM

Midas on June 18, 2013 at 10:20 PM

Cruz looks solid to me as well

bluegill on June 18, 2013 at 10:28 PM

Decoski on June 18, 2013 at 9:05 PM

bluegill on June 18, 2013 at 9:09 PM

… and watch the podunk-mini-early-SUPER-TUESDAY-OMGZ-squishy states pick the whiniest moderate crap-weasel in the bunch anyway. Big fun.

Midas on June 18, 2013 at 10:29 PM

NO BLUEGILL. It’s not Personality Cult. We just don’t find Palin to be fighting on the wrong side of the fence. .. YET.

But that doesnt mean that we have to fabricate lies just to make all R’s look even. THERE ARE STILL REAL COMMON SENSE CONSERVATIVES OUT THERE. PALIN IS ONE. Oops shes claiming that shes listening more to libertarian consevatives and indies nowadays.

TheAlamos on June 18, 2013 at 10:33 PM

Midas on June 18, 2013 at 10:14 PM

Why stop with illegals?

we could imitate the Dems and go after dead voters, child molesters, rapists, robbers, heck… toss in all the felons and the whole state of Mexico!

Yea…make Mexico a state…that’s the ticket!

IlikedAUH2O on June 18, 2013 at 10:36 PM

bw222 on June 18, 2013 at 9:52 PM

This troll was quoting a 2008 interview when she was running as VP with McCain; and left out some info.

bluefox on June 18, 2013 at 10:37 PM

I am actually rooting for the teas to kill this bill. A better one will be passed when my side controls all 3 branches.

HotAirLib on June 18, 2013 at 8:05 PM

Are you talking about the rivers around Pittsburgh or is there a tree featuring ornaments like you and your friends with strong necties?

IlikedAUH2O on June 18, 2013 at 10:42 PM

I read somewhere that Santorum is thinking of running again?

bluefox on June 18, 2013 at 9:42 PM

Of course he is, lol. *yawn*

Midas on June 18, 2013 at 10:21 PM

So, we’ll have a re-run of 2012 & load up the Candidates and then destroy all of them until the only one standing will be the “selected” one? They may try that, but I think they will regret it this time.

bluefox on June 18, 2013 at 10:45 PM

I know..as of late I feel like I may literally burst into flames.
I have cut done on my reading consumption.
Insanity 360 degrees.

bazil9 on June 18, 2013 at 10:45 PM

Do they look like they learned anything from 2012?

Midas on June 18, 2013 at 10:52 PM

bluefox

If you get an answer, make sure you read it closely. Paul likes to say he is against amnesty, but for legalization, which is…amnesty, lol. He’s also against e-verify, as well as being against requiring fines as part of the legalization process because he fears illegals can’t afford it.

xblade on June 18, 2013 at 10:59 PM

Decoski

If republicans allow amnesty to happen, I will never again vote for a republican candidate. And I won’t be the only one.

xblade on June 18, 2013 at 11:02 PM

NO BLUEGILL. It’s not Personality Cult.
TheAlamos on June 18, 2013 at 10:33 PM

Um…

Gorgeous, gracious gifted Gov. Sarah Palin was, is, and ever shall be the populist princess & conservative queen of American politics. Deal with it
bluefox on June 18, 2013 at 1:25 PM

Look, Palin is inarticulate and not taken seriously, but she is strong on many issues. Unfortunately, she also told Univision that she supports a “path to citizenship” for illegal aliens. This is very troubling to me.

I’ll take Cruz any day of the week over her. He’s so obviously superior to her in every way imaginable. It’s kind of insulting to suggest otherwise.

This is all moot, anyway, since Palin isn’t running again. But it would be nice if she made some effort to call out Rubio. Palin, Levin, Rush and especially Hannity had been too soft in Rubio for too long.

bluegill on June 18, 2013 at 11:06 PM

Is it time for 9-9-9?

faraway on June 18, 2013 at 11:34 PM

xblade on June 18, 2013 at 11:02 PM

But there are also a lot of Republicans who are fighting for us. So I don’t see how never voting for another Republican again helps things. Why not just vote for the ones who have shown that they can and will do the right thing.

bluegill on June 18, 2013 at 11:42 PM

Decoski on June 18, 2013 at 9:05 PM

If there is a “viable” third party I will vote that. By “viable” I don’t mean necessarily a chance to win but enough to be headed that way. Otherwise I will vote democrat as that is the equivalent of not voting Republican twice.

VorDaj on June 18, 2013 at 11:52 PM

bluegill on June 18, 2013 at 11:06 PM

Rubio is like a five alarm fire and they react to him with, at best, a garden hose. Levin, Rush and especially Hannity, need to stop counting their money long enough to man up for America.

VorDaj on June 18, 2013 at 11:56 PM

opponents said building more fencing … shouldn’t be dictated by Washington.

Excuse me, what? Are they saying that the existence of a fence is not a matter relevant to the Federal government?

Suppose a bill was introduced into Congress that said that there should not be a fence between the U.S. and Mexico. Would the same senators be saying, “No way! We need states’ rights on this issue! Let the states keep a fence on their border with Mexico if they want!”

J.S.K. on June 19, 2013 at 12:06 AM

Rubio and McCain are bigger enemies to America than is al Qaeda, their ally in Syria.

VorDaj on June 18, 2013 at 4:40 PM

Let’s not get too far out on this. I’d rather live in a Mexicanized USA than an Islamicized anywhere. That’s why I hold out more hope for the U.S. than for Europe — it’s based on comparing the primary sources of our immigrants and of Europe’s immigrants.

J.S.K. on June 19, 2013 at 12:17 AM

bluefox

xblade on June 18, 2013 at 10:59 PM

Will do, thanks. Oh, yeah I know this bill is amnesty, no matter how many bows & ribbons they want to wrap it in. I’m against it, period. Secure the border & enforce the laws already on the books.

bluefox on June 19, 2013 at 12:33 AM

Beware of the trolls that like to pretend they are Conservative and one of us. They like to give advice as if they believe it.

They need to go back to huff-po and the other left wing sites they came from.

bluefox on June 19, 2013 at 12:38 AM

Look, Palin is inarticulate and not taken seriously by I – BLUE GILL,….

>>> Nope. There is only one link that Palin haters like bluegill always use to claim that Palin supports path to citizenship. Unfortunately, that is the same source where Palin also specifically mention the new racist word “DEPORT!”>

Inarticulate? Why? Because Palin always gives the Last Major Speech in any Event that requires “battlecry” to invigorate the grassroot and not usual “long discourse” of DC men that elitist Bluegill always loves? That is the reason why bluegill sucked on Romney, Rubio and the GOPE in the last election.

Praising Ivy League Ted Cruz does not have to discredit COMMON FOLKS PEOPLE LIKE PALIN. THEY ARE ARTICULATE IN THEIR OWN WAY. PLUS, BLUEGILL HAS NEVER HEARD PALIN DISCUSSING TECHNICAL MATTERS OF ENERGY AND ECONOMY IN HER VARIOUS STINTS IN ALASKA, SOMETHING THAT LAWYERS LIKE CRUZ CANNOT FAKE.

This is all moot, anyway, since Palin isn’t running again

Wow! bluegill is now prohibiting Palin to run? Because she’s inarticulate!

bluegill on June 18, 2013 at 11:06 PM

My point? Bluegill, stop discrediting conservatives using your own “personality cult” against non Ivy leaguers (Palin so happens to be one of them!)!

TheAlamos on June 19, 2013 at 1:18 AM

It is bad enough that we have to deal with a Dem party that is trying to turn America into a banana republic without so many supposedly on our side doing the same. What is it with these Republican establishment types? Is it bribes? Is it blackmail? Is it the promise of some kind of cushy government position when they are either retired or ousted by voters? What is it? I cannot stand Rubio, McCain, Graham, Boehner, McConnell and on and on. True patriots like Ted Cruz are attacked, villified, dismissed, ridiculed by their own party.

This amnesty bill is as bad as it gets. The CBO tries to tell us that adding 30 million low skilled workers to our economy will somehow make things better. How?

My son is 1 and a half years beyond his degree and still cannot find a job in his field.

What is wrong with these people?

neyney on June 19, 2013 at 1:35 AM

The end is nye.

celtic warrior on June 19, 2013 at 2:37 AM

Invest in pitchforks and torches.

profitsbeard on June 19, 2013 at 2:49 AM

Coming to a 95% white state near you (I’m talking to you Maine, Vermont, NH, etc):

My brother is a criminal defense attorney in Houston who speaks fluent Spanish. So when an illegal needs an attorney and since most of them can’t speak English, my brother gets court appointed cases. Last night he told me one of the most disgusting stories I’ve heard yet and I’ve heard crap that would induce projectile vomiting. A 17 yr old was arrested for impregnating his 13 yr old sister. No joke. And this is just an example of what kind of crime will be flooding over the border. The jails are overcrowded as it is and my brother said on Friday nights, the majority are illegals. Who would have ever thought Canada would start looking good.

Moral of this anecdote: Get on the phones and call, call, call. Reid’s trying to rush it through because support is plummeting.

TxAnn56 on June 18, 2013 at 8:12 PM

If there was only a way to get this element within the conservative movement to the forefront.

libfreeordie on June 19, 2013 at 5:59 AM

Lets get our armed forces down there. It is dangerous and the illegals are still pouring in. Bad bill won’t make it, and shouldn’t.

Amazingoly on June 19, 2013 at 7:12 AM

If only these opponents applied the same logic to other bills. I mean, I can’t think of anything that passed in the last few years that’s “costly, would take too long, and shouldn’t be dictated by Washington”, can you?

Chris of Rights on June 19, 2013 at 7:53 AM

Oh, no. I enjoy being proved right.

You post the same comment over and over and over.

bluegill on June 18, 2013 at 9:55 PM

Sorta like “Palin’s an inarticulate chilllbilly fired by Fox quitter blahblahblah”?

ddrintn on June 19, 2013 at 8:24 AM

libfreeordie on June 19, 2013 at 5:59 AM

Be careful what you wish for, chum.

Dunedainn on June 19, 2013 at 8:57 AM

TODAY IS THE DAY…….Melt the phones!!!

To call your Member of Congress:

US Capitol Switchboard (202) 224-3121

To locate your Member on-line:

U.S. House of Representatives: http://www.house.gov

U.S. Senate: http://www.senate.gov

PappyD61 on June 19, 2013 at 9:01 AM

We know we were lied to in the past on immigration and we know we’re being lied to now. Why they think we’re buying any of their lies is arrogance on parade. The know what is better for us crowd in DC is pushing this for the same old reasons they did the last time. Rubio must have the little man in the room disease. He had to be the big guy in Tally and went to great lengths to prove it there.

Kissmygrits on June 19, 2013 at 9:15 AM

bluegill on June 18, 2013 at 11:42 PM

I can’t believe that we have intelligent voters on our side who still live in such a state of denial. I have stated this for so many years yet it is only at the end that it is started to sink in:

There is NO political solution to the current situation.
There is NO political solution to the current situation.
There is NO political solution to the current situation.
There is NO political solution to the current situation.
There is NO political solution to the current situation.
There is NO political solution to the current situation.
There is NO political solution to the current situation.
There is NO political solution to the current situation.

ClassicCon on June 19, 2013 at 9:19 AM

McCain is just another any-lie-to-get-elected politician no one should trust, ever. Wish they would remember this campaign ad in Arizona and impeach/recall this disgrace.

This “comprehensive immigration reform” is a total screw-you-sucker-citizens lie. It’s all about immediate legalization. There is no emergency about the 11 million illegals! We only need real border & visa control, enforcement of current laws, and revoking of our very stupid birthright citizenship policy. Yet our senators are trying a con job for immediate legalization that, by making the USA an even bigger magnet, will help out the elites of Mexico get rid of their poor & unemployed – not to mention the rest of the third world.

Reminder: How Mexico Treats “Undesirable” Foreigners

Chessplayer on June 19, 2013 at 9:19 AM

Fox and Friends interviewed this guy about his video this morning:
THEY COME TO AMERICA II
He is selling his DVD at his website (5 copies @ $20), but I only provide the link to the youtube trailer. He says the idea behind the 5 copies is to “get the word out”, including sending a copy to your congressional representatives.

Carnac on June 19, 2013 at 10:19 AM

Happy rumor of the day… Rubio to be primaried by Allen West?

H/T: AoS HQ

CPT. Charles on June 19, 2013 at 11:05 AM

Happy rumor of the day… Rubio to be primaried by Allen West?
H/T: AoS HQ
CPT. Charles on June 19, 2013 at 11:05 AM

Even if it means a difficult time in the general, I support this.

Massive scale illegal alien amnesty is too damaging to just excuse and forget. There must be a price to pay. I want Rubio gone!

bluegill on June 19, 2013 at 11:21 AM

People talk about how Rubio is so personally likable. I think he comes across phony and like a goody goody student, not a mature, principled man like Cruz. Rubio’s fake smile and artificial high tone of voice is meant to make him seem so innocent, like how a well-behaved child acts around adults he doesn’t know well.

I want to be rid of the insincere, illegal alien amnesty-pushing traitor Marco Rubio!!

bluegill on June 19, 2013 at 11:27 AM

Rubio has exposed himself as just another political enemy of the citizens of the United States. The bill he is pushing is a Declaration of CONTINUED War against the American people, the objective of which is for personal/political benefit while continuing to $crew the nation & its citizens!

This bill, according to the CBO, will curtail only about 24% of an estimated 10,000,000 more projected Illegals coming into this country over the next decade. This nation & its people are being SOLD like property by the very people elected to protect it/us for their own personal/party profit, power, & prestiege.

easyt65 on June 19, 2013 at 11:55 AM

There is no two party system in America. We have one party rule, and it is Socialist/Marxist. Just different faces and names of those implementing and leading us down the path. We have steadily progressed down the path since FDR. Look at the past and tell me when did we make strides to permanently turn the liberal ideological tide from a Socialist/Marxist country. Pubs. have never, ever turned the tide. And never will. And we are the ones who are the stoooopid ones because we keep buying their lies. And they know it. Why are we so dumb?

Conservatives are like the battered wife who keeps coming back for more punishment, thinking that “well, this time things will be different”. It is never different and will never be different. The only way the battered wife EVER escapes is to leave and never return to the abusive spouse. We are really pathetic and are to be pitied, much like the outsider looking in at the battered spouse and shaking their head in disbelief as to how someone could be so stupid. That’s conservatives. Sad. Really sad. Will we ever get up enough nerve to leave this abusive relationship? The battered wife who leaves and finds happiness always looks back and wonders why she was so stupid to have stayed in the relationship for as long as she did.

they lie on June 19, 2013 at 11:59 AM

Rubio:

1) PRO-Al Qaeda / Jihadists! — “I would have Armed Al Qaeda & other Jihadist-backed rebels in Syria already.” — How did that work out for us in Libya, Marco?!

2) PRO-Illegals! — Hypocrite on TV compared to inside Halls in Washington, selling out the nation & citizens just like every other Washington-insider politician in Washington.

easyt65 on June 19, 2013 at 12:00 PM

TheAlamos on June 19, 2013 at 1:18 AM

Thanks for your comments. The HA resident troll likes to repeat what Conservatives post on this blog. This troll has been a hater of Palin & others with comments that go way back. The use of “we” and “us” is used to try and fool people that don’t know the real person.

This is the person that should have been banned for the hate and lies that were posted. Alt doesn’t deserve being banned. The term she used that’s been reported, is very common in Texas. I lived there and it was used all of the time.

bluefox on June 19, 2013 at 12:06 PM

I’m so sick of these RHINO’s. A law was passed many years ago allowing a secure border, yet the government, you know, the ones that are supposed to be looking out for our best interests, never do anything about it. It’s as if they welcome criminals into the country with open arms. They also give them free benefits. DO YOUR DAMN JOB and corral all of them up and send them packing. They are law breakers and cost taxpayers billions. You can not decide which laws you wish to follow. You government officials have done not one thing to protect taxpaying citizens, and I am terribly tired of it, but what am I to do? Stop paying taxes because I don’t believe what you are doing is right? You wouldn’t hesitate throwing me in jail, yet you won’t throw an illegal in jail. Taxpayers are the only ones with no rights.

F_This on June 19, 2013 at 12:29 PM

Don’t blame Rubio’s aides for parroting their boss’s feelings (it’s the same scenario as the IRS parroting Obama’s feelings), nor should we be surprised at any betrayal by McCain who is apparently ignorant(or arrogantly maverick) enough to leave the all-crucial fence decision up the an agency instead of doing the job he was paid to do–protect the nation.

Don L on June 19, 2013 at 12:45 PM

F_This on June 19, 2013 at 12:29 PM

One of the things we can do is call our own U.S. House Representatives and our own U.S. Senators and voice our opposition.

Join with other like minded Patriots. 2 Rallies in D.C. today.

Getting involved is the only way I know that we can make a difference.

bluefox on June 19, 2013 at 12:49 PM

Another live event on Immigration:

bluefox on June 19, 2013 at 12:50 PM

HotAirLib on June 18, 2013 at 8:05 PM

Yes, the Democrats are all about solutions. Social Security, Medicare, Medicaid, ObamaCare, every single major legislation proposed by and passed by Democrats have been fiscal disasters for the country. Willfully obtuse just doesn’t capture the unjustifiable faith that wisdom and the best interests of the country are what the Democrat Party represents.

A sworn enemy of America couldn’t do as much damage to the United States as has the Democrat Party.

Anti-Statist on June 19, 2013 at 12:58 PM

Ted Cruz said call your U.S. Reps & Senators NOW!!!

All U.S. Reps. & Senators found here:

JUST DO IT!! Tell your U.S. Reps to vote NO on the bill Boehner is planning on putting up!!

Simple message: Vote NO on any Immigration bill!!

bluefox on June 19, 2013 at 1:22 PM

What I’m seeing is the possibility of both right here as things are going. Even now Barry’s arranging for more muslims to be welcomed here with open arms and generous taxpayer provided financial support, as we get involved in the Syrian war.

So you might live in the southwest and enjoy being a citizen of the future MexiUSA region and stay out of the future upper midwest region of IslamUSA and be happy.

hawkeye54 on June 19, 2013 at 3:23 PM

It was said the only way to destroy the USA was from the inside.

The Left has been doing an admiral job of that. Primarily from the Dems, but not without assistance from the GOP.

hawkeye54 on June 19, 2013 at 3:25 PM

“I actually voted for the border fence before I voted against it.
– Marco Rubio

Dopenstrange on June 19, 2013 at 4:30 PM

bluefox on June 19, 2013 at 12:06 PM

You cowardly liar. You just don’t like that I have different opinions. I also refuse to bow down and worship Palin. You can’t stand that.

bluegill on June 19, 2013 at 7:27 PM

Just watching Rubio on Hannity right now. Rubio isn’t on our side, he isn’t our great hope. He’s another McCain. Let’s pray for a West primary against Rubio. Not too impressed with Hannity’s interview of Rubio either.

Aodhan on June 19, 2013 at 9:09 PM