Bill Ayers: Let’s face it, Obama should be on trial for war crimes

posted at 3:51 pm on June 18, 2013 by Allahpundit

And, he’s quick to add, so should every other president of the past century. A fun clip for many reasons. One: Because Ayers is such a far-left caricature, you can bait him all day long knowing to a virtual certainty what his responses will be. The two RCP guys can’t suppress their smirks at how easy it is. There’s a 99 percent chance that he’s going to call O a war criminal and a one percent chance that he’s going to betray his anti-war ethos by defending O’s drone policy out of pure personal loyalty. Either way, it’s news. Two: It’ll never stop being amusing watching leftists express their disappointment in Hopenchange. Obama skeptics had to endure a lot of self-congratulatory piety and messianism from the other side in 2008. Five years later, the faithful are split between those like Ayers who see O as having betrayed The Cause and all the Democrats who’ve contorted themselves into supporting things like NSA surveillance chiefly out of partisan allegiance. They still believe in Hopenchange, it’s just a … different Hopenchange, one which requires collecting Americans’ phone and Internet data. No more messiah, whichever camp you’re in.

Three: The fact that Ayers is quick to mention O’s curiosity when asked what he likes about him is, knowingly or not, almost a goof on Jane Mayer and the liberal intelligentsia for giving Obama a pass on style points for his foreign-policy aggressiveness. As I said once before, it’s a straight line from David Brooks admiring the crease in O’s pants to Mayer et al. deciding that U.S. drones firing missiles at unknown people on the ground in Pakistan is kinda sorta okay because Obama’s smart, thoughtful, morally conflicted about all this, etc. He’s a well-educated, right-thinking liberal who has his stuff together. He’s a lot like them. They trust him. Ayers, at least, refuses to give O a pass on those grounds, although I leave it to you to judge from the clip how deeply troubled he is by Obama’s sins. (“I like him personally. I mean, he’s a really good guy.”) Four: Are we really watching a guy who got off scot-free for domestic terrorism, then crowed about it by declaring that he was “guilty as sin, free as a bird,” complain that someone else isn’t being sufficiently punished for terrorism? What?

Anyway, slow news day. Click the image to watch.

ba2

Comments

Socialists like Ayers and Obama can’t impose and/or maintain their ‘philosophy’ on people without force or the threat of force. They may be voted into power, but that’s most often done through lies, theft, and intimidation of the opposition. Once in power, they use force via laws that keep the populace in fear.

Socialism can be imposed, while liberty cannot.

Liam on June 18, 2013 at 3:56 PM

Consistency is not a hallmark of leftists.

rbj on June 18, 2013 at 3:56 PM

JUST War crimes?

Galt2009 on June 18, 2013 at 3:58 PM

“If the other guy brings a nail-bomb, then you bring a Predator with a hellfire missile. It’s the Chicago way.”

Apologies to Sean Connery

Bruno Strozek on June 18, 2013 at 3:59 PM

Liam on June 18, 2013 at 3:56 PM

“Concentrated power has always been the enemy of liberty” – Ronald Reagan

Galt2009 on June 18, 2013 at 4:00 PM

Postcards From Syria (Photo Essay)

The Syrians have interesting takes on Obama.

Resist We Much on June 18, 2013 at 4:01 PM

Postcards From Syria (Photo Essay)

The Syrians have interesting takes on Obama.

Resist We Much on June 18, 2013 at 4:01 PM

Obviously, the Tea Party has expanded operations to Syria. Does the IRS know about this?

Liam on June 18, 2013 at 4:05 PM

I nominate Bill Ayers for U.S. Ambassador to Syria. Let him try Assad for war crimes!

Steve Z on June 18, 2013 at 4:05 PM

Slave, read this over and over and suffocate from hypocrisy, along with all the ones who brung the ‘adorable’ One. The world so deserve him

AP, you forgot the morsel of them all. Ayers said “he reads” :)

Schadenfreude on June 18, 2013 at 4:06 PM

I would argue that liberals are simply incapable of evaluating African-Americans objectively. No matter what Obama say or does, he will still be the beautiful black man who speaks in complete sentences — He Who Cannot Be Disparaged.

Their twisted racism is so obvious to us on the right; but unfortunately liberals are in charge of all our institutions, and we will have to endure this suffocating bias until we say enough is enough.

bobs1196 on June 18, 2013 at 4:07 PM

i can’t take this real seriously. Most people like Ayers are self-aggrandizing narcissists who just want attention and say the most outrageous thing they can think of. Mostly to get attention.

although, i would have liked the interviewer to throw in a couple of other world leaders, Stalin, Mao, etc. so that Anyers would have had to say..yeah, the whole world is guilty of war crimes.

r keller on June 18, 2013 at 4:08 PM

Perfectly captures the demonic character of Ayers. Lest we forget, Ayers’ viciously date raped of Donna Ron.

At first I thought Ayers was joking. I got up; and went to the door. He moved quickly to block me at the doorway. He locked the door and put the chain on it. I went to the couch and sat down and told him that I had no intention of having sex with his roommate and his brother or him. He said that I had no choice but to do as he said if I wanted to get out of there. He claimed that I wouldn’t sleep with his married roommate because he was black — that I was a bigot. I had gone to school with black kids and had them as friends all my life. I couldn’t believe he was saying that to me.

I felt trapped. I had to get out of the situation I was in and because he was so effective a guilt-tripper, I also felt I had to prove to him that I wasn’t a bigot. I got up from the couch and walked over to the black roommate’s bed and put myself on it and he fucked me. I went totally out of my body. I floated beside myself on the outside and above the bed looking at this black stranger fuck me angrily while I hated myself.

After that I had to go lie down on Bill Ayer’s bed for his brother to screw me. Rick Ayers was a decent person, unlike his brother, and couldn’t go through with it He started and stopped and let me go. I also thought I had to let Bill screw me but at that point he unbolted the door and I left.

Terp Mole on June 18, 2013 at 4:08 PM

Shorter Ayers: He’s a war criminal, but who isn’t? Plus I still really love the guy.

darwin on June 18, 2013 at 4:09 PM

The Ayers video and this one are enough to laugh all day.

I’m not Dick Cheney“.

Of course not.

1. You are an incredible eunuch of a dick.

2. You are one of the 3 Dicks now, Nixon, Obama and Cheney.

Laughing at the left is oodles of fun.

Obama is “Bushhitler” and “Bushchimpey”, on steroids.

When he says “trust us” NO ONE does, No one.

Obama killed the last shred of moral authority and decency of the USA.

The entire world laughs at the USA and at Obama.

All who brung him, you got what you wanted.

Schadenfreude on June 18, 2013 at 4:09 PM

Wasn’t it Ayers’ Weather Underground that had serious discussions of murdering 25 million Americans once they got into power?

Liam on June 18, 2013 at 4:10 PM

Is it wrong to think that Bill Ayers might be my one exception to banning the droning of American citizens?

Bitter Clinger on June 18, 2013 at 4:11 PM

Bill Ayers’ hypocrisy on stilts;

I don’t regret setting bombs,” said Ayers in 2001, “I feel we didn’t do enough.” Contemplating whether or not he might again use bombs against the U.S. sometime in the future, he wrote: “I can’t imagine entirely dismissing the possibility.”

/monstrous

Terp Mole on June 18, 2013 at 4:11 PM

Bitter Clinger on June 18, 2013 at 4:11 PM

Yes. But if a drone keeping an eye on him were to have a malfunction and happen to crash into his car…

Liam on June 18, 2013 at 4:14 PM

When you’ve lost Bill Ayers…

BKennedy on June 18, 2013 at 4:14 PM

Obama needs to put a fake long nose on.

He is the biggest Liar the world ever knew.

Schadenfreude on June 18, 2013 at 4:15 PM

The people trying to pretend they aren’t on the same side of Bill Ayers and Glenn Greenwald make me want to puke blood. May you not wake up tomorrow.

stingray9813 on June 18, 2013 at 4:15 PM

“Just a war criminal in the neighborhood”

Electrongod on June 18, 2013 at 4:15 PM

bobs1196 on June 18, 2013 at 4:07 PM

Well said.

Dr. Frank Enstine on June 18, 2013 at 4:16 PM

Note how the trolls appear only on certain threads and avoid all like this one.

Schadenfreude on June 18, 2013 at 4:17 PM

He came off as a senile old man who lives in the past spewing the same old hippie crap.

lea on June 18, 2013 at 4:18 PM

the one that should be in prison is Ayres.

gerrym51 on June 18, 2013 at 4:22 PM

bobs1196 on June 18, 2013 at 4:07 PM

All true, and more:

1. He is not black. He is a half African-Ameircan. Never to confuse the two. In fact the blacks of America, the ones descending from slaves s/b apalled at the immigration bill and the fact that their masters, Obama included, compare their struggles to the ‘plight’ of the illegal aliens.

The black didn’t come to the US voluntarily. NO one has the guts to bring this up. A black leader with steel should shame them all.

2. To your point – they, the leftists, don’t judge Obama and ask so little of him – thus, they are the biggest bigots and racists in the land.

3. They do a big disservice to the blacks who work hard and thrive for their successes and the betterment of their lot and the land.

4. All this is a big disservice to true racism – Obama will have set racsism back by at least 30 years.

5. Obama disappointed none more than American black youth, and blacks in general. He simply doesn’t care about them, nor about the poor and the middle class.

6. Obama only cares about two – himself, and the muzzie brotherhood. The success and power of both are the only things he gives a crap about.

Schadenfreude on June 18, 2013 at 4:22 PM

lea on June 18, 2013 at 4:18 PM

I bet the old geezer hasn’t come off in years.

Liam on June 18, 2013 at 4:22 PM

RCP deserves credit.

They found the one person in America that’s to the Left of Obama.

Kudos.

faraway on June 18, 2013 at 4:23 PM

What the gov. needs to do is disable the NSA programs and give Americans a taste of the stock market and NYC subway being bombed. Since people in the FBI, CIA and NSA aren’t psychic(psychics don’t exist.) they could never divert these attacks. Let’s have America bombed on a monthly basis and watch them flap their pie-holes about why they weren’t able to stop terrorist attacks.

stingray9813 on June 18, 2013 at 4:25 PM

This guy and many more are teaching the kids of today.

The horror.

can_con on June 18, 2013 at 4:26 PM

Socialists Communists like Ayers and Obama can’t impose and/or maintain their ‘philosophy’ on people without force or the threat of force. They may be voted into power, but that’s most often done through lies, theft, and intimidation of the opposition. Once in power, they use force via laws that keep the populace in fear.

Socialism
Communism can be imposed, while liberty cannot.

Liam on June 18, 2013 at 3:56 PM

Fixed it for you.

simkeith on June 18, 2013 at 4:27 PM

Let’s not forget Obama won the Nobel Peace Prize in 2009! It’s priceless.

BigGator5 on June 18, 2013 at 4:31 PM

lol

People who have been saying the same thing about Obama…pretend not to be on the same page as Ayers and Snowden.

stingray9813 on June 18, 2013 at 4:31 PM

stingray9813 on June 18, 2013 at 4:25 PM

Dude, I hope that was sarc or some wierded out snark that I totally missed. Cause if it wasn’t, you are hitting the crack pipe way too much.

Johnnyreb on June 18, 2013 at 4:35 PM

WTF.

Lanceman on June 18, 2013 at 4:35 PM

Johnnyreb on June 18, 2013 at 4:35 PM

Snark.

stingray9813 on June 18, 2013 at 4:37 PM

Schadenfreude on June 18, 2013 at 4:22 PM

I believe this gentleman fulfills that requirement. Please pass this link on to as many people as you can.

PatriotGal2257 on June 18, 2013 at 4:37 PM

Snark.

stingray9813 on June 18, 2013 at 4:37 PM

OK thanks, I sometimes need sarc/snark labels on here.

Johnnyreb on June 18, 2013 at 4:39 PM

OK thanks, I sometimes need sarc/snark labels on here.

Johnnyreb on June 18, 2013 at 4:39 PM

Same here. I guess without labels, it did sound really bad.

stingray9813 on June 18, 2013 at 4:40 PM

Johnnyreb on June 18, 2013 at 4:35 PM

Discernment is not the machine-generated nom’s forte. They are hired hacks for OsA.

Schadenfreude on June 18, 2013 at 4:42 PM

You two, good snark never necessitates tags.

Schadenfreude on June 18, 2013 at 4:43 PM

Postcards From Syria (Photo Essay)

The Syrians have interesting takes on Obama.

Resist We Much on June 18, 2013 at 4:01 PM

Most of the photos and banners were held up by kids, in order to win Western sympathy. What are the adult fighting men in Syria doing and saying? Are they holding up pictures of Bin Laden?

Also interesting that the man who presented the photo essay argues AGAINST U.S. involvement in Syria.

Steve Z on June 18, 2013 at 4:51 PM

Liam on June 18, 2013 at 4:10 PM

Yep. And President Choom Gang himself allegedly advocated violent revolution as an eager young Marxist/Leninist at Occidental College.

Buy Danish on June 18, 2013 at 5:01 PM

Still crazy after all these years.

Bill Ayers is insane.

petunia on June 18, 2013 at 5:02 PM

OH and I believe Bill Ayers killed Andrew Breitbart.

petunia on June 18, 2013 at 5:03 PM

Anyway, slow news day. Click the image to watch.

Only
when it is video of a drone strike blowing Bill Ayers to bits

PolAgnostic on June 18, 2013 at 5:03 PM

Steve Z on June 18, 2013 at 4:51 PM

No man was involved in my assembly of Postcards from Syria for my blog.

Most are off fighting and waving the AQ flag.

Yes, the pictures from both sides are heartbreaking, but nothing that I’ve seen has changed my mind about my #No2Syria position.

I just find the messages on the posters interesting…and, at times, humourous.

Resist We Much on June 18, 2013 at 5:07 PM

Think I’ll drive by Claude Rains’ grave later…

Del Dolemonte on June 18, 2013 at 5:25 PM

It doesn’t matter what policies the government enacts or who is running things, Ayers will characterize them as criminal. This is not news.

Ayers is a Marxist. He thinks the US political and economic systems are fundamentally evil and unjust. ANYTHING done to protect the US is, in his view, immoral and wrong. Because it’s in service to a corrupt political system that serves to protect the economic superstructure – capitalism.

If we were to use the criminal justice system to arrest and try Islamist terrorists, Ayers would say that was unjust since the criminal justice system is corrupt and unjust. Again, anything we do is wrong.

Yeah, yawn, Marxism 101. But Ayers believes all this nonsense.

SteveMG on June 18, 2013 at 5:34 PM

This violent anarchist bastage ain’t in prison for his war crimes, so why should Dear Leader?

locomotivebreath1901 on June 18, 2013 at 5:35 PM

I’m not clicking the link. I couldn’t care less what a creepy little faggot like Ayers thinks.

RobertE on June 18, 2013 at 5:47 PM

Give Ayers credit as an honest liberal. A Godless anarchist who wants to go around and blow crap up. Give him a microphone!

Valiant on June 18, 2013 at 5:48 PM

RobertE on June 18, 2013 at 5:47 PM

Ayers isn’t ‘little’ about that. ;-)

Liam on June 18, 2013 at 5:49 PM

This dessicated,dinosaur sixties Stalinist, bomber-murderer should have been hanging from a gallows 40 years ago.
(Other than that, he’s an okay guy).

Dr. Carlo Lombardi on June 18, 2013 at 5:55 PM

Valiant on June 18, 2013 at 5:48 PM

No — NO ‘credit’. Based on his nature and character, it’s like excusing Manson.

I know what you mean, and I’m not trying to start a debate or otherwise oppose you.

My view is that we quit being ‘nice’ to those like Ayers, and reject them in full. Their motives are NOT worthy of consideration at all; no ‘pass’ for them. And no explanation they offer can vindicate them.

Again — not trying to argue. Because I do not tolerate the murder of the abortionist Tillman, I refuse to tolerate the likes of liberals like Ayers; if I decry acts by certain of my own side, there’s no way I’m going to give any pass to the opposition.

Liam on June 18, 2013 at 5:56 PM

Careful, Ayers likes to blow friends and girlfriends up.

Odie1941 on June 18, 2013 at 6:16 PM

Drone strike

Philly on June 18, 2013 at 6:23 PM

Add it to the list, Crazy Bill. Obama’s committed so many capital crimes, I wouldn’t know which one to try him on first.

Ronnie on June 18, 2013 at 7:20 PM

Bill Ayers: Let’s face it, Obama should be on trial for war crimes

Refreshing…however, I’d like to know if he’d put Che, Hugo, Mao and Fidel on trial as well?

Dr. ZhivBlago on June 18, 2013 at 7:30 PM

Subtitle – The Ultimate Betrayal.

Look for Teh SCOAMT to do to his now-former buddy what Stalin did to Trotsky.

Steve Eggleston on June 18, 2013 at 7:32 PM

Useful idiot discovers the he’s a useful idiot.

The Rogue Tomato on June 18, 2013 at 7:54 PM

Somebody play that clip for Tingles.

S. D. on June 18, 2013 at 8:05 PM

The next time Obama is in Chicago, he and Ayers will have a good laugh about it all over dinner. It’s all a big joke for them, no matter what faux outrage Ayers manages to ooze.

Dave E. on June 18, 2013 at 8:49 PM

I wish Obama would drone strike this terrorist scum.

And leave only a little bent earring in the smoking crater.

profitsbeard on June 19, 2013 at 2:21 AM

the one that should be in prison is Ayres.

gerrym51 on June 18, 2013 at 4:22 PM

Just to make a point.
Let’s not forget Bernadette Dohrn … both she and Bill Ayers belong in a Security Max (Federal Prison).

Missilengr on June 19, 2013 at 1:50 PM