Open thread: Sunday morning talking heads

posted at 8:01 am on June 16, 2013 by Allahpundit

Suspense this morning on “Fox News Sunday”: Will Dick Cheney seize the opportunity to pull off one of the great trollings in modern political history by claiming that even he thinks Obama’s NSA surveillance has gone too far? I’m praying the answer is yes, simply for the comic agony it would induce in O-bots, but it’s almost certainly no. Our consolation prize is that Cheney surely will say that he supports O on what he’s doing with PRISM and in his very belated decision to join the fight in Syria, which is almost as good. (Dubya himself reportedly reiterated his support for data-mining just a few days ago.)

Politico has the full line-up. Of special note: “This Week” will host an immigration-reform extravaganza with Jeb Bush, Marco Rubio, and House Gang of Eight member Luis Gutierrez, who once said, “I have only one loyalty and that’s to the immigrant community.” This is who the GOP’s partnering with to pass amnesty.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2

I tell you what, all you brave patriots, just keep filing those tax returns because you’re afraid to stand up for your rights and do otherwise. Chances are, you don’t even know how many rights you give up when you file those returns. You can pay your taxes without giving the government all of your financial information. So, go ahead and complain about the IRS, et al, snooping into your private lives. You’re giving them all the permission they need. Big, brave patriotic fools.

HiJack on June 16, 2013 at 10:47 AM

NSA Discloses the Breathtaking Scope of Its Claimed Powers, Or, Maybe Snowden Was Right!

This is about as startling a confirmation as I have heard yet:

The National Security Agency has acknowledged in a new classified briefing that it does not need court authorization to listen to domestic phone calls.

Rep. Jerrold Nadler, a New York Democrat, disclosed this week that during a secret briefing to members of Congress, he was told that the contents of a phone call could be accessed “simply based on an analyst deciding that.”

If the NSA wants “to listen to the phone,” an analyst’s decision is sufficient, without any other legal authorization required, Nadler said he learned. “I was rather startled,” said Nadler, an attorney who serves on the House Judiciary committee.

Not only does this disclosure shed more light on how the NSA’s formidable eavesdropping apparatus works domestically, it suggests the Justice Department has secretly interpreted federal surveillance law to permit thousands of low-ranking analysts to eavesdrop on phone calls.

Because the same legal standards that apply to phone calls also apply to e-mail messages, text messages, and instant messages, Nadler’s disclosure indicates the NSA analysts could also access the contents of Internet communications without going before a court and seeking approval.

I thought all this had the advantage of legislative oversight. So, um, why are we just hearing about this now?

That is a rhetorical question.

I thought Snowden’s claims sounded far-fetched, although I also acknowledged that I didn’t know for sure. They’re starting to sound more near-fetched, though, aren’t they?

UPDATE: Meanwhile, our hero Snowden continues to provide classified information about our alleged efforts against the Chinese to . . . the Chinese….” – Patterico

workingclass artist on June 16, 2013 at 10:48 AM

First, happy father’s day to all the father’s out there.

Second, I’m so sick and tired of the GOP old farts blathering on about what they think it good for the country, whether it violates our rights or not is inconsequential so we should just shut and take it. They’re part of the problem, not the solution.

scalleywag on June 16, 2013 at 10:51 AM

I still don’t agree for the need to have government to have all this info. Cheney’s national security response is hollow, because it assumes a permanent war footing. The Patriot Act was sold as investigating traffic coming into and out of the country; those within the country were supposed to be investigated through regular channels.

Next time someone tries to defend the program just think IRS. It is also “non-political” and “secure”.

Tater Salad on June 16, 2013 at 10:54 AM

You’re giving them all the permission they need. Big, brave patriotic fools.

HiJack on June 16, 2013 at 10:47 AM

Maybe you don’t know how Forms 941 and 940 are used or where you get 1099 forms of every ilk and stripe or how you claim paid-for benefits… Far more data is reported to government by others as a part of regulatory regime than the individual ever reports. Your assertion is ignorant.

ExpressoBold on June 16, 2013 at 11:01 AM

Happy Father’s Day, gents. For the occasion – A Very Special Edition of the Sunday Morning Network Propaganda Campaign:

“Meet the Press” on NBC

“Political Capital” on Bloomberg TV
Lib scum
Voices of Conservatism = 0

“Al Punto” on Univision
LaRaza racist lib scum
Voices of Conservatism = 0

So, another News Sunday will pass with virtually zero media coverage of the political viewpoints which held sway for virtually all of American history. So it goes in the media’s relentless liberal propaganda campaign.

Jaibones on June 16, 2013 at 11:04 AM

TxAnn56 on June 16, 2013 at 9:57 AM
gophergirl on June 16, 2013 at 10:10 AM

A truly moribund organism can’t change the trajectory of its decline.

A truly delusional patient can’t stop having delusions.

Cheney is the real traitor, only of a different sort.

rickv404 on June 16, 2013 at 9:59 AM

The former VP is apparently coming into Fox News Sunday to help make the case for NSA.

I wonder if I could rent part of his digs in Wyoming? It would be useful for him to have a horse arrive with the flies following, I think. Decades of flies are no fun.

IlikedAUH2O on June 16, 2013 at 11:05 AM

Jaibones on June 16, 2013 at 11:04 AM

Can someone send these diligent posts to Media Watch or Hannity?

Would you mind?

IlikedAUH2O on June 16, 2013 at 11:07 AM

Many senators elected to leave Washington early Thursday afternoon instead of attending a briefing with James Clapper, the Director of National Intelligence, Keith Alexander, the head of the National Security Agency (NSA), and other officials.

So most of them decided they couldn’t be bothered hearing the details of what the NSA is doing. Disgusting. Later they’ll claim (again) they’d never been briefed.

scalleywag on June 16, 2013 at 11:09 AM

Reminded of another aspect to the Larry Kudlow anecdote (above, 10:46).

Kudlow is an economist and his show is a Bulls and Bears sort of business-focused show. Indeed, these three jerks were ripping on The Heritage Foundation for their opposition to the amnesty farce. Talk about non-ideological.

As I was listening, however briefly, I was reminded that this is the real force behind GOP amnesty support — the money that fuels right-side politics comes from business and investors. And who wants another huge wave of third-world labor rates in the U.S. more than big business?

Only the Mexican racists and the Dem partisans, of course. Us small-donation conservatives are nearly powerless against the influence of the billionaires on politicians. Our “let it burn — we won’t vote anymore if you pass this mess of a bill” position seems weak and impotent to them. They will find out next fall.

Jaibones on June 16, 2013 at 11:13 AM

Jaibones on June 16, 2013 at 11:04 AM

Well done.

rrpjr on June 16, 2013 at 11:13 AM

Would you mind?

IlikedAUH2O on June 16, 2013 at 11:07 AM

Thank you, but I would appreciate it if you did not. This is home.

Jaibones on June 16, 2013 at 11:14 AM

Is anyone going to the Tea Party meeting in D.C. on the 19th?

Cindy Munford on June 16, 2013 at 11:19 AM

This is home.

Jaibones on June 16, 2013 at 11:14 AM

And we appreciate it.

Cindy Munford on June 16, 2013 at 11:20 AM

I’m a huge Cheney supporter and to say Cheney disappointed me this morning is an understatement.

To wit all of his arguments boil down to “We spy on you citizens because it’s for your own good.”

His defense that we could’ve stopped 9/11 if only we could’ve spied on people like we do now because we didn’t have enough info is farcial at best. He KNEW prior to 9/11 that the attack was in the works but they chose to ignore it in lieu of other information they thought was more credible. Having some phone call records showing Egyptians calling… EGYPT, of all places, wouldn’t have changed that calculus.

And his rationale for all this? We’re at war with “Oceania…” except we’ve never declared war on them and we’ll never be done being at war with them…

We’re in a full on orwellian bizarro-United States.

We’re now supporting Al Quaeda in Syria (who may or may not have set the fires in Colorado) and Obama wants to allow the Al Quaeda Syrian rebels to immigrate to the US (and they’ll probably be just in time to receive full citizenship benefits under the immigration bill we need), meanwhile we have to be listened to and probed and droned and punitive taxed and be cataloged, numbered and controlled because there might be terrorists among us… (Duh… you’re LETTING THEM IN HERE!)

And somehow Cheney thinks this is all cool?
BS. I say, good sir… BS. You disappoint me.

Skywise on June 16, 2013 at 11:20 AM

Jailbones- +1.

You summed it up perfectly.

wolly4321 on June 16, 2013 at 11:22 AM

Saw a show on FNC last night about privacy. It included a segment about how the BO reelection campaign used internet data to target voters. So, either they bought the info from tech companies (or it was “donated” to the campaign), or they just took it from the vast trove being collected in the name of “national security.” Think about that.
Syzygy on June 16, 2013 at 9:18 AM

Give me a break. They’re not that stupid. Some of you guys have really gone off the deep end in hysterically freaking out over the anti-terrorism surveillance programs

bluegill on June 16, 2013 at 9:21 AM

Has anyone else noticed that, as soon as the government spying programs are connected – in any way – to the d’ohbama campaign…the fish leaps to the fore, shrieking that we’re all unpatriotic appeasers of the islamofascist enemy? And telling us all how much “safer” she feels being spied on – and we’re fools not to snuggle down with her in the safe, warm blanket of fascism. Liberty be damned.

I wonder why that is?

Solaratov on June 16, 2013 at 11:26 AM

Well, Chaney just made Snowden the MSM poster boy for patriotic action by calling him “a traitor.”

ExpressoBold on June 16, 2013 at 9:05 AM

Another close friend of the Limbaugh/Levin/Hannity triumvirate, and yet another occasion where these men choose personal friendships over America. Their willingness to not criticize the Bush admin contributed mightily to our current downfall. As their unwillingness to go after Rubio now is doing the same thing. Much of the blame can fall on the feet of the triumvirate.

Many of you did and do the same.

The GOP will betray you

True_King on June 16, 2013 at 11:29 AM

Cindy Munford on June 16, 2013 at 11:19 AM

My daughter will be representin’.

Jaibones on June 16, 2013 at 11:32 AM

bluegill on June 16, 2013 at 9:21 AM

Wait, didn’t you want Snowden executed on a different thread?

Cindy Munford on June 16, 2013 at 11:32 AM

Jaibones on June 16, 2013 at 11:32 AM

I am so glad. I wish we were in Virginia. I think it’s too late to send the Husband up there. Apparently the Capital Police took a long time to issue the permit.

Cindy Munford on June 16, 2013 at 11:33 AM

Booosh did it!…Booosh did it!…Booosh did it!…Booosh did it!……….Booosh did it!…Booosh did it!…………and on and on into the dark cool night.

Herb on June 16, 2013 at 11:34 AM

Okay, so who’s freaking out?

If we’ve got the assets in place, it’s probably time to ice this guy.
Stoic Patriot on June 16, 2013 at 9:10 AM

I concur.

bluegill on June 16, 2013 at 9:12 AM

Cindy Munford on June 16, 2013 at 11:35 AM

Guys, I have to admit that when I thought this was just a computer generated run of phone numbers, I didn’t care. But between the IRS debacle and finding out that there is a large storage facility being built for the data, now I care.

Cindy Munford on June 16, 2013 at 11:36 AM

Apparently the Capital Police took a long time to issue the permit.

Cindy Munford on June 16, 2013 at 11:33 AM

Seriously, without the IRS scandal…do you think they would have approved it at all? I doubt it.

I am not a conspiracy nut, but I feel like we are under siege by government and media. And electing people like Rubio and Ayotte, only to see them wither as soon as they get to DC only reinforces the feeling.

Jaibones on June 16, 2013 at 11:36 AM

And somehow Cheney thinks this is all cool?
BS. I say, good sir… BS. You disappoint me.

Skywise on June 16, 2013 at 11:20 AM

But to be honest, I don’t think Cheney changed…I think we did. At least I did. I always leaned libertarian to a small degree, but the views of Rand Paul are quite persuasive to me. And seeing Our Idiot President ratcheting up the policies of Bush and Cheney only makes me all the more distrustful of the government.

I think the GOP needs to come with me into that freedom-loving area of the politisphere.

Jaibones on June 16, 2013 at 11:42 AM

now I care.

Cindy Munford on June 16, 2013 at 11:36 AM

Bing.

Jaibones on June 16, 2013 at 11:43 AM

Jaibones on June 16, 2013 at 11:36 AM

Rubio has been a major disappointment for me, I actually donated and changed my affiliation for him. The funny thing is that originally the establishment Republicans wanted Crist and were campaigning for him before the primaries. Now I am wondering if they feel that they lucked out or they couldn’t lose when it came to that election?

Cindy Munford on June 16, 2013 at 11:46 AM

Cheney is the real traitor, only of a different sort.

rickv404 on June 16, 2013 at 9:59 AM

Some evidence of same would be nice. Too bad you don’t have any.

Sorry, but the rickv403 unit was much funnier.

Del Dolemonte on June 16, 2013 at 11:49 AM

Jaibones on June 16, 2013 at 11:36 AM

What would have been their reason for refusing the permit, the Tea Party left the place too clean? I think they just dawdled so that people couldn’t make plans thus holding down attendance. And I bet the succeeded.

Cindy Munford on June 16, 2013 at 11:50 AM

Jaibones on June 16, 2013 at 11:04 AM

…thanks for the breakdown Jaibones…when you miss a week…I miss it!

KOOLAID2 on June 16, 2013 at 11:51 AM

ExpressoBold on June 16, 2013 at 11:01 AM

So, others report my deductions and charitable contributions? They report all of my sources of income, both earned and unearned? They know my children’s social security numbers, too? They all know all that stuff? I think you’re mistaken. We hang ourselves well before anybody else hangs us.

HiJack on June 16, 2013 at 11:52 AM

Cindy Munford on June 16, 2013 at 11:46 AM

Well, at least you won’t have to change again when Rubio changes HIS affiliation to the party that he deserves.

HiJack on June 16, 2013 at 11:56 AM

Cheney is the real traitor, only of a different sort.

rickv404 on June 16, 2013 at 9:59 AM

….”HALIBURTON….HALIBURTON…HALIBURTON”…<——-ok!…now dicky4x4 can climb back into the bunk in moms basement!

KOOLAID2 on June 16, 2013 at 11:57 AM

This is an example of what is very wrong with our government today. Huge conflict of interest here, but no one ever bother to bring it up and/or ask Rep. Rogers about it. Why not?

So it seems rather interesting to note that (congressman) Rogers’ wife, Kristi Clemens Rogers, was, until recently, the president and CEO of Aegis LLC a “security” defense contractor company, whom she helped to secure a $10 billion (with a b) contract with the State Department. The company describes itself as “a leading private security company, provides government and corporate clients with a full spectrum of intelligence-led, culturally-sensitive security solutions to operational and development challenges around the world.”
….It has seemed quite strange to see how strongly Rogers has been fighting for CISPA, refusing to even acknowledge the seriousness of the privacy concerns. At other times, he can’t even keep his own story straight about whether or not CISPA is about giving information to the NSA (hint: it is). And then there was the recent ridiculousness with him insisting that the only opposition to CISPA came from 14-year-old kids in their basement. Wrong and insulting…..

Hmm. Sounds like a company like that would benefit greatly to seeing a big ramp up in cybersecurity FUD around the globe, and, with it, big budgets by various government agencies to spend on such things. Indeed, just a few months ago, Rogers penned an article for Washington Life Magazine all about evil hackers trying to “steal information.” In it, there’s a line that might sound a wee-bit familiar, referring to the impression of hackers as being “the teenager in his or her parent’s basement with bunny slippers and a Mountain Dew.” Apparently, both of the Rogers really have a thing about teens in basements. The article is typical FUD, making statements with no proof, including repeating the NSA’s ridiculous allegation that hackers have led to the “greatest transfer of wealth in American history.” It’s such a good line, except that it’s completely untrue. The top US companies have recently admitted to absolutely no damage from such attacks. The article also lumps in “hacktivists” like Anonymous, as if they’re a part of this grand conspiracy that needs new laws….

Puma for Life on June 16, 2013 at 12:00 PM

Jaibones on June 16, 2013 at 11:42 AM

It’s their only hope. They’re resisting. They’ll need to be dragged. As Breitbart said, “if you can’t sell freedom, you suck.” The GOP currently sucks. Question is, will they suck themselves out of existence.

rrpjr on June 16, 2013 at 12:01 PM

I get Cheneys point, however he assumes the integrity of those using those powers.

It matters who wields those powers.

Or maybe that’s his point.

wolly4321 on June 16, 2013 at 12:02 PM

True_King on June 16, 2013 at 11:29 AM

You perverted my original statement and intent beyond the bounds of comprehension. It’s a well-known fetish of the media to oppose all things preferred by Dick Chaney as long as they don’t have to drag his gay daughter into it.
If Cheney thinks Snowden is a traitor, the MSM will oppose Chaney by advancing the case that Snowden is telling the truth. Did you not read the Cnet article from this mornings headline thread? It’s begun already.
Hopefully, it will damage Øbama beyond his ability to combat it or blather his way around it. Liberal circular firing squad, if you will.

ExpressoBold on June 16, 2013 at 12:02 PM

HiJack on June 16, 2013 at 11:56 AM

I’m going back to unaffiliated, I hate them all.

Cindy Munford on June 16, 2013 at 12:06 PM

blueball on June 16, 2013 at 9:21 AM

It’s not just liberals who say some of you are loony, paranoid conspiracy theorists. It’s one thing to have valid concerns about the need for proper oversight, but it’s another thing to start running around shrieking, “police state!”

blueball on June 16, 2013 at 9:24 AM

…the National Association of Psychiatrists…requests you stop ABUSING this whackO…by feeding it breadballs!…just let it twitter its tw@t…. for therapy!

KOOLAID2 on June 16, 2013 at 12:07 PM

wolly4321 on June 16, 2013 at 12:02 PM

I wish, I think it is just an attempt to cover their hindquarters as the people who pushed the ball towards the end of freedom.

Cindy Munford on June 16, 2013 at 12:09 PM

I’m going back to unaffiliated, I hate them all.

Cindy Munford on June 16, 2013 at 12:06 PM

I wish there were a gazillion more like you, but a person has to be part of a registered political party to get on a ballot. So, even if were are unaffiliated we have to vote for somebody who is.

HiJack on June 16, 2013 at 12:12 PM

Jaibones on June 16, 2013 at 11:42 AM

I agree I don’t think Cheney changed but I haven’t either… my understanding of Cheney has certainly changed. I tacitly supported the Patriot Act along with Cheney in 2001 because heck, we were at war and had to take immediate steps to determine how much of our populace may have been infiltrated. But the Patriot Act was time limited and should’ve stopped in 2006… Now here we are 10+ years from the original attack and 6+ years from the time the law should’ve sunsetted and they’ve made such spying and tracking integrated into our law.

When this happened in 2006 Cheney and Bush were out of legislative power so I presumed some of the shift was just part of the compromise needed to strike a balance between continuing the war in Afghanistan and Iraq to a successful conclusion and the DNC trying to score political points.

Now Cheney’s sitting here telling me this was plan A all along. Security over Liberty and we can never go back because that would risk our security.

He’s wrong and I now suspect he’s the reason the RNC started the process that’s led us headlong into something very sinister.

Skywise on June 16, 2013 at 12:12 PM

I think you’re mistaken. We hang ourselves well before anybody else hangs us.

HiJack on June 16, 2013 at 11:52 AM

I think you just proved my point.
Consider this: one of the hallmark outrageous attempts of the Democrats to insert tax regulation into Øbamacare was a requirement that all payments to subcontractors be reported to the IRS and that 1099s be issued at the end of the calender year for such payments. The current lower limit for 1009s to subcontractors is $600.
Unearned income is reported by the bank or investmernt company to the IRS; earned imcome is reported through the 941 worksheets to the IRS when required. Charitable donations are deductible only if made by check; donations of property have a receipt required from the entity benefitting and, if valuable enough, require an appraisal.
Everyone is reporting based on regulatory limits. I’m surprised you don’t know this. You’re not a Government Employee, are you?

ExpressoBold on June 16, 2013 at 12:16 PM

I don’t think our biggest problem is Democrat-Republican driven. It is system driven by a shadow government consisting of enforcement agencies with slush funds, hidden budgets, ultimate secrecy, and absolutely no accountability to the public. We have a govenment within the government. It holds all the reins of power and doesn’t have to give them up, regardless of which party is in power. With all that private info available, think of the leverage on SC justices, party leaders, the military, etc.

a capella on June 16, 2013 at 12:37 PM

I’m going back to unaffiliated, I hate them all.

Cindy Munford on June 16, 2013 at 12:06 PM

AMEN! Me too!

Marco on June 16, 2013 at 12:41 PM

a capella on June 16, 2013 at 12:37 PM

But both sides are completely happy with the way it is.

Cindy Munford on June 16, 2013 at 12:46 PM

CONTROL FREAKS

John the Libertarian on June 16, 2013 at 12:57 PM

test

BoxHead1 on June 16, 2013 at 1:05 PM

Puma for Life on June 16, 2013 at 12:00 PM

Well done and thank you for this post. Thhere was something wrong with the overly zealous support for NSA, that we were exposed to last week from Mike Rogers. Now it makes sense. He deserves an investigation into a serious conflict of interest!

As for Cheney….he should have kept his mouth shut and stayed retired from the public scene. He and Bush, whom I originally supported, have brought much of this chaos upon us all!

tomshup on June 16, 2013 at 1:10 PM

If you’re a true conservative and continue to support the FOX News revenue stream, you should perform a self-reassessment.

One America News Network begins airing on July 4th. Be there.

Mr. Arrogant on June 16, 2013 at 1:24 PM

that’s 2 monster posts that didn’t go through. Anyway, check the c|net article on the Nadler thread. Read the whole thing.

BlueGill – don’t be lazy. For the parts of the article you don’t understand, please, don’t be shy, ask one of the constitution loving folks here for help. Also you should probably brush up on your 3rd 4rth and 5th <– Don't be ashamed. I had to re-read them recently.

Anyway,
1000s of agents can read your email without a warrant. Which means David Axelrod , without a doubt, can read your email without a warrant through a proxy ( or maybe without a proxy).

YOU CAN NOT HAVE A FUNCTIONAL DEMOCRATIC PROCESS IF GOVERNMENT HAS ACCESS TO ALL YOUR PRIVATE PHONE/EMAILS/DATA.

"WHY" YOU ASK?

BECAUSE, IF I ORGANIZE POLITICALLY ,AGAINST THOSE THAT HAVE ACCESS TO THE NSA DATA, I AM AT A TREMENDOUS DISADVANTAGE.

THERE ARE 100s OF EXAMPLES I CAN GIVE YOU OF WHY; DAY TO DAY PHONE BANKING/SURVEY OPERATIONS, PRIVATE DOCS DETAILING STRATEGY, DONORS ANONYMITY, A PRECINCT WORKER'S POTENTIAL EMBARRASSING HISTORY AND ON AND ON. THIS IS BASIC.

BoxHead1 on June 16, 2013 at 1:29 PM

Mr. Arrogant on June 16, 2013 at 1:24 PM

Oh knock it off with the if you are this you must do this. You are no different than the government if you think we can’t listen, think and make judgements and decision on our own. Oh and guess what? We are still not all going to agree on everything. Nice and accurate name.

Cindy Munford on June 16, 2013 at 2:33 PM

The US gov’t is rogue. Both sides are guilty. Because the stupid Rs enable the tyrannical Ds they are more guilty.

Enjoy fascism. Obama lives good and his muzzie brotherhood does too. They flourish.

Schadenfreude on June 16, 2013 at 2:34 PM

Apparently, the only way a law-abiding US Citizen can obtain equal rights for himself is to renounce his citizenship (thus making him an illegal immigrant) and declare his home or apartment a mosque.

landlines on June 16, 2013 at 2:47 PM

True_King on June 16, 2013 at 11:29 AM

You obviously do not listen to Levin.

I wish everyone would stop going along with Obama’s pretense that this program has anything whatsoever to do with national security. Or that it happened in a vacuum, totally and completely unrelated to the IRS cracking down on the Tea Party.

Everything is political with this man. Everything. Put these things together and it’s obvious that this is nothing more, or less, than the means he used to bully his way into a second term.

And fools across the political spectrum continue to play deaf, dumb and blind as they twist themselves into a pretzel to continue giving him the benefit of the doubt.

Cylor on June 16, 2013 at 3:14 PM

The PERFECT Distraction Squirrel Scandal for Media OBOTS!!

williamg on June 16, 2013 at 3:53 PM

Cheney claimed that the people’s representatives are looking out for the people and are responsible for these NSA programs. He said it was not safe to debate such matters with the public as that would inform the enemies as to what the NSA is doing.

Then, later in that same interview, Cheney stated that ‘they were withholding’ the details of these programs from members of congress because of their leaks.

In other words, Cheney said that we need to support the NSA, and it’s 1.5+ million ‘top secret’ people, no matter what they are doing and without congressional overview!

How PARANOID does someone need to be to think this way? Somehow, I now fear this unaccountable government monstrosity MORE than the terrorist plots they claim to be stopping.

I do not think this surveilance state is going to work with ANYONE that supports the US Constitution.

Is there any daylight left between the old Soviet KGB and this NSA?

Freddy on June 16, 2013 at 4:42 PM

94% of former member’s of the East German Stasi think Obama’s gone too far. 4% say about right and 1% not quite far enough.

VorDaj on June 16, 2013 at 6:36 PM

Cindy Munford on June 16, 2013 at 11:50 AM

Your version makes more sense than mine. But in my version, they would have lied and made up something irrelevant. (Late response — perfect Father’s Day weather in Chicago…went golfing with son in law).

Jaibones on June 16, 2013 at 11:05 PM

NSA played in the foresome behind us…pretty sure they bugged our cart.

Jaibones on June 16, 2013 at 11:06 PM

KOOLAID2 on June 16, 2013 at 11:51 AM

Thanks. It’s goofy, but fun for me. Keeps me from plotting bad things.

Jaibones on June 16, 2013 at 11:07 PM

Enn Ess Aayy — I was just kidding about the BadThings.

Jaibones on June 16, 2013 at 11:08 PM

rrpjr on June 16, 2013 at 12:01 PM

Copy all that. But I think many Libertarian ideas are gaining wider acceptance on the right, and with a leader like Rand to voice them, it’s moving that way. He has all of the same enemies as Ted Cruz…a badge of honor.

Jaibones on June 16, 2013 at 11:11 PM

All alone here tonight…hello, hello? Is this thing on?

Jaibones on June 16, 2013 at 11:12 PM

Skywise on June 16, 2013 at 12:12 PM

Maybe you’re right, I don’t know. I fight a sense of hypocrisy over supporting Bush in the Patriot Act but wanting OBozo skinned for it, but I do sense a dramatic increase in usage and change in scope.

And I’m no Paulian Angel when it comes to surveillance…profiling 18-35 year old IslamoNazi males would be just fine with me, in communications, finance, and travel. But liberal dopes want to surveil everyone so they can feel good about themselves while accomplishing nothing.

Jaibones on June 16, 2013 at 11:17 PM