Gallup: Despite amnesty push, Rubio’s favorable rating among Republicans sky high at 58/11

posted at 7:21 pm on June 14, 2013 by Allahpundit

Consider this a complement to the Santorum post. Conservative ideologues like me are very, very down on Rubio right now. How about the rest of the Republican universe?

gal

If you want to know why Rubio hasn’t walked away from the Gang of Eight bill yet, that’s why. He has no political incentive to do so. If he hangs in there and the bill passes, he’ll get all sorts of media love as the “new leader of the GOP,” a man who “makes things happen in Washington,” blah blah. You and I will pound the table and swear that we’ll never, ever vote for him in 2016, and that might be true — for awhile. But strange things happen. What if Christie emerges as a real threat to take the nomination with moderate support? Suddenly Rubio becomes the lesser of two evils, a guy who’s much more conservative than Christie on balance, who has a pretty good record if you exclude the whole “terrible immigration bill” thing, who’s darned electable against Hillary and isn’t that what’s really important? We’ll talk ourselves into it and Rubio knows it. And then, once he’s the nominee, any righty who threatens to stay home in protest of his embarrassing betrayal of border security (and betrayal of the voters who elected him in 2010 as an anti-amnesty candidate) will be considered an utmost traitor to the conservative cause. Again, Rubio knows all this. He’s counting on it. If he throws conservatives a bone by quitting on the bill now, the Democrats and media will run him down endlessly in the media, hurting him with low-information voters. And meanwhile righties will still be grumpy at him for having taken the bill as far as he did. Ever hear the expression “the only way out is through”? That’s Rubio on immigration reform at this point. Pass the bill and then let political gravity solve your problems for you.

As for the rest of the field, few surprises. Paul Ryan has the highest rating because he has the highest name recognition as a former VP nominee. Christie, for all the obvious reasons, has the lowest although even his numbers are pretty healthy. Follow the link to Gallup up top and scroll down their post and you’ll see that not only is Christie the only one of the five to also have a positive favorable rating with Democrats, his Democratic numbers are actually higher than his Republican ones — 54/17 versus 53/25. That’ll change as we get closer to 2016 but it’s a golden foundation for his inevitable “electability” campaign.

One thing that does surprise me about the Democratic numbers is how poorly Rand Paul does. You would think a GOP contrarian with liberal-ish views on civil liberties, drug laws, and (to a lesser extent) gay marriage would fare better with people left of center. Nope: At 16/45 he’s more than 10 points worse off than Ted Cruz, the bete noire of lefty media. How come? Mainly, I assume, it’s because low-information Democrats know little about the ins and outs of Rand’s philosophy but know him quite well as a chronic critic of Obama, especially after his drone filibuster. To the extent that they do know his philosophy, five years ago he’d be a hero to them as a naysayer of Bush’s security state but as a naysayer of Obama’s security state — which they now support for lame partisan reasons — he’s a recurring thorn in their side. All of this is a complication for Rand’s 2016 strategy, as he’s planning to run as a guy who can unite moderates with conservatives/libertarians and potentially put blue states in play. If Gallup’s numbers are right, that’s dubious. And the left really hasn’t even taken out its brass knuckles against Paul yet. Wait until they start revisiting his 2010 comments about the Civil Rights Act. Or this footnote during his filibuster, which I’ve warned you before will be a bigger deal if he wins the nomination than most people think.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3

You bet…keep #%$^ing that chicken.

trs on June 14, 2013 at 7:23 PM

Mark Levin and Rush Limbaugh continue to treat Rubio with kid gloves. Also, Ed Morrissey kissed up to Rubio and refused to strongly challenge him on the amnesty issue during his interview yesterday. Same goes for Hannity.

It is time to take Rubio to task for his backstabbing.

bluegill on June 14, 2013 at 7:25 PM

Not with me.. Like someone said on another board, he is dead to me. I wanted to think he was great albeit a misguided on the whole immigration issue. Then I heard that he was going to English speaking audiences and saying that he would make sure they would concentrate on enforcement first and amnesty second. When he spoke to spanish speaking audiences those two were reversed.. Just another turncoat just like Bush, McCain, Graham, Boehner, Christ, Christie, Specter, Chafee etc.

melle1228 on June 14, 2013 at 7:25 PM

BS. How much did this poll cost them? As if the avalanche of anti-Rubio invective which overwhelms every Rubio post on Hot Air and other Right blogs is in no way indicative of how Republicans generally fell about this scab.

I hope Oil Can Rubio dies of AIDS.

I hope his children are barren and his name is rubbed out of the Akashic Record.

Damn him to hell.

sartana on June 14, 2013 at 7:27 PM

Gallup: Despite amnesty push, Rubio’s favorable rating among Republicans AND REPUBLICAN LEANING INDEPENDENTS sky high at 58/11

Fixed that for you.

Did you even read the poll?

JannyMae on June 14, 2013 at 7:27 PM

We’ll see how the GOP does come 2014. It’s not going to be 2010.

DFCtomm on June 14, 2013 at 7:28 PM

Give it some time…

d1carter on June 14, 2013 at 7:28 PM

Not anymore.

No amnesty, in any form. I’ll never vote for any politician who tells me amnesty is the right thing to do.

TX-96 on June 14, 2013 at 7:28 PM

Yes, thank you Sir. May I have another one?

-Republicans

Valkyriepundit on June 14, 2013 at 7:28 PM

How does my friend Johnny Mac poll..?

d1carter on June 14, 2013 at 7:30 PM

Mark Levin and Rush Limbaugh continue to treat Rubio with kid gloves.

It is time to take Rubio to task for his backstabbing.

bluegill on June 14, 2013 at 7:25 PM

Weird. I heard Levin destroy both Rubio and Ryan this week. Rush has also gone after him.

Trashfish, maybe, you should actually educate yourself before making even a bigger mockery out of yourself. Sort of like your claim that Fox should hire Andrea Tantaros, who I am quite sure, as a paid correspondent and a co-host of The Five, would be surprised to know that she isn’t employed by Fox News.

Resist We Much on June 14, 2013 at 7:30 PM

Conservative media pumped up and built up Rubio to be this amazing godlike wonder. The residual effects of that hype are seen in these polls. But the reality is that Rubio has stabbed us in the back, and some of conservative media tries to make excuses for Rubio or let him off easy.

bluegill on June 14, 2013 at 7:31 PM

Polls are useless to me, but if you look at the numbers, and see his net favorable rating, it’s 47%. What to do about the 30% who have no opinion?

All I care about is the Republican Party is dead to me, and if this thing passes so much as the Senate, no Pub will ever again get my vote. I’ll vote third party or write in Elmer Fudd if I have to, just in protest.

Liam on June 14, 2013 at 7:32 PM

Didn’t poll me..He won’t have my vote if he’s the republican nominee for president in 2016

sadsushi on June 14, 2013 at 7:33 PM

And he say’s this is about ‘compassion’… so does that make me not have compassion to be against amnesty???

sadsushi on June 14, 2013 at 7:34 PM

Hm. Maybe our very own LIV’s can pull him across the primary finish line. Good luck an’ all that. Maybe he can hire Mitt as senior campaign advisor. And an early in the primary process fawning NYT.article would.be super … and is surely forthcoming.

Suck it, RNC.

M240H on June 14, 2013 at 7:34 PM

If he is the nominee in 2016 I won’t vote for him —not Jeb Bush either. I don’t care if the Democrats are running Joseph Stalin’s clone —and they might just be.

claudius on June 14, 2013 at 7:35 PM

At least he’s good at swallowing.

HornetSting on June 14, 2013 at 7:35 PM

Conservative ideologues like me…

Good one.

We’ll talk ourselves into it and Rubio knows it.

Not this time. If immigration amnesty passes the tens of millions (if not more) of new leftist voters will make my vote irrelevant anyway.

Fenris on June 14, 2013 at 7:36 PM

Fixed that for you.

Did you even read the poll?

JannyMae on June 14, 2013 at 7:27 PM

Even if Rubio had 100% support among Republican-leaning independents, he’d still be doing much better among Republicans than I would have expected.

J.S.K. on June 14, 2013 at 7:36 PM

Hot Air’s own Ed kissed his but and threw soft balls. Ed really wimped out, Michelle Malkin would’t have wimped out like Ed. Anyway, Rushbo and Levin have also been throwing softballs.

MoreLiberty on June 14, 2013 at 7:37 PM

Bullcrap poll, if you ask republicans, do you support Rubio giving amnesty to illegal aliens his numbers would be negative. Further, if republicans were polled that he’s a puppet for the Bushie’s, rove, perino etc. the numbers would be even worst.

This poll is based on the french kissing rino fox news does to him every day 24/7.

Danielvito on June 14, 2013 at 7:37 PM

Resist We Much on June 14, 2013 at 7:30 PM

You’re a bozo. I saw people make a big deal of my Andrea Tantaors comment. I watch The Five often, and I was obviously saying they should hire more people like her.

As for Rush “destroying” Rubio, I think you and I have a different definition of the word “destroy.”

Why don’t you spend less time making excuses for your favorite celebrity commentators, and actually realize that conservative media have given Rubio a huge pass.

bluegill on June 14, 2013 at 7:37 PM

1. He embarrassed Obama on the drones, so that rules out any Obamite crossover love.

2. The progs went on a hard “Libertarians are more dangerous than conservatives” bent during the GOP primary, so that is stuck in the groupthink heads.

3. He’s has a Southern accent, so Dem bigots instantly equate him as part of the “Southern Strategy”

4. He said to Hillary, she should have been fired over Benghazi, so there goes the Clintonistas.

5. He’s Ron Paul’s son, and Dems only like him because he’s a thorn in the GOP’s side, which Rand has only been when it comes to working with Obama.

Every bit ticks off another section of the Dem base, to where all you’re left with are the actual civil liberties Dems. Which are mostly Libertarian-leftists that were already open to Rand.

And those five reasons are why he’s the best pick for 2016.

budfox on June 14, 2013 at 7:38 PM

sadsushi on June 14, 2013 at 7:34 PM

Yes. And racist, too. Just ask a liberal or a RINO.

Liam on June 14, 2013 at 7:38 PM

Rubio is a bimbo.

He is for arming Syrian rebels and giving away citizenship to 20+ million people who cut in line.

If you think a lot of people stayed home for Romney wait until this airhead gets going.

tetriskid on June 14, 2013 at 7:38 PM

sadsushi on June 14, 2013 at 7:34 PM

Yep, ur an incompassionate and unempathetic slob… /s

Go stand in the corner until you have some sympathy! /s

Scrumpy on June 14, 2013 at 7:39 PM

Here’s Rush from today on Rubio. He reeeally, really doesn’t want to believe the worst about his darling little Rubio, but he’s slooowly coming around to the truth. I love Rush, but for some unknown reason, he, Levin and Hannity have been so obtuse about this:

theotherone on June 14, 2013 at 7:39 PM

sadsushi on June 14, 2013 at 7:34 PM

“Compassion.” No word has done more to damage the delicate gyro of reason required of a Republic.

rrpjr on June 14, 2013 at 7:39 PM

incompassionate and unempathetic

And I don’t care if those are not in the dictionary so :p…

Scrumpy on June 14, 2013 at 7:40 PM

BS

sablegsd on June 14, 2013 at 7:40 PM

bluegill on June 14, 2013 at 7:37 PM

Hey, genius, go throw on some Kevlar …

M240H on June 14, 2013 at 7:41 PM

There is no point to run anyone who is not out in the Cruz-Paul territory.

All candidates that are towards the middle are not going to have Barry to take on; they’re going to be facing Bill.

And no squish can beat the Pander Bear.

budfox on June 14, 2013 at 7:41 PM

Liam on June 14, 2013 at 7:32 PM

The Republicans better insist on all of the illegals being registered as Republicans as part of the package, because if not they are going to get Donkey stomped in 2016 if this passes.

I wont donate to or work for a single Republican candidate, of any stripe.

Kjeil on June 14, 2013 at 7:41 PM

We’ll see how the GOP does come 2014. It’s not going to be 2010.

DFCtomm on June 14, 2013 at 7:28 PM

If amnesty passes, they’ll never see a 2010 again. I think most people are serious this time when they say they’re done with voting for the lesser of two evils. I know I am. Anyone who votes for a bill that will destroy the very fabric of this country along with its history, culture, and freedoms does not represent me. Like Coulter said, if they’re going to be that stupid they (the party) deserves to die.

TxAnn56 on June 14, 2013 at 7:41 PM

sartana on June 14, 2013 at 7:27 PM

Maybe you shouldn’t have put too much stock in him in the first place. He is, after all, a politician.

Jackalope on June 14, 2013 at 7:42 PM

No on amnesty, no on Syria, we are headed in the wrong direction and picking up speed!

claudius on June 14, 2013 at 7:43 PM

Any Crowleyite Adepts of Magick here among the Hot Air readership?

I think we might need to make use of good old-fashioned Voodoo to kill this bill by means of launching psychic attack on these Gang of Eight terrorists who are plotting the detonation of suicide-vest dirty-bomb legislation on the American people.

sartana on June 14, 2013 at 7:44 PM

I don’t buy this poll…they missed it during the election and I believe they have missed this. Why not ask Repubs if they are fine with amnesty without doing anything to stop the illegals.

rich8450 on June 14, 2013 at 7:44 PM

Allah’s first paragraph is spot-on…it is really just a simple as that. I’m afraid it’s over for true conservatism…phonies who claim the conservative mantel are going to prove they’re full of BS later (with a couple of exceptions, of course, who will never be elected president.)

Jackalope on June 14, 2013 at 7:44 PM

bluegill on June 14, 2013 at 7:37 PM

You duplicitous little freak. Here are your exact words:

At the same time I wish they had hired someone like Charles Cooke or Andrea Tantaros. bluegill on June 13, 2013 at 7:45 PM

theotherone on June 14, 2013 at 7:45 PM

bluegill on June 14, 2013 at 7:37 PM

LIAR, LIAR, LIAR

You stated they should hire Tantaras.

LIAR, LIAR, LIAR

RickB on June 14, 2013 at 7:46 PM

Jackalope on June 14, 2013 at 7:42 PM

I put no stock in Rubio or Ryan at any time, ever. I was banned from a prominent Righty blog years ago for attempting to wake people up to these crooks.

sartana on June 14, 2013 at 7:46 PM

Is this proof of the Low Information Republican? Maybe so. Rubio is a jerk in my book. No better than McCain.

wsucoug on June 14, 2013 at 7:46 PM

rich8450 on June 14, 2013 at 7:44 PM

Because it doesn’t matter. Look how many Americans are against Obama’s policies, but they still like him and vote for him. Intelligent thought plays no part in this.

Jackalope on June 14, 2013 at 7:46 PM

We’ll talk ourselves into it

No we won’t.

Regarding the poll…why are you guys surprised by the outcome of Democracy?

HB3 on June 14, 2013 at 7:47 PM

This Gallup poll is Bravo Sierra but, keep pushing it, Grover and Karl will be happy.

Mr. Arrogant on June 14, 2013 at 7:48 PM

theotherone on June 14, 2013 at 7:39 PM

Yep. Hannity has been the worst. This is a big deal.

They ought to be going nuclear on this guy.

The good will Rubio built up among conservatives (due to the undeserved hyping) is the reason why this amnesty push is at the stage it is.

bluegill on June 14, 2013 at 7:49 PM

Jackalope on June 14, 2013 at 7:46 PM

The problem is Rubio is not as smart or as good at public speaking as Obama.

Rubio couldn’t even finish a single response without turning himself into a joke with that water bottle incident.

He has already hit his ceiling & that is within the (R) circle. Democrats and popular culture already mock him.

tetriskid on June 14, 2013 at 7:49 PM

I think Rubio’s popularity will take a nose dive when low-info voters become aware of what he is doing. I also think Ted Cruz is more than capable of taking on the others; especially Rubio. Cruz is faster on his feet. Paul is and will always be affiliated with the fringe group of the party. Ryan is pretty much a one-trick pony (the budget) and will always be toxic to millions of seniors. And Christie will never, ever be forgiven by conservatives for smoozing with Obama. As for Bush, (fairness notwithstanding) it will take a decade or two before anyone of that name will be taken seriously.
Cruz is the conservative hope and the others know it. Watch how they attack him—just as viciously as democrats.

Oracleforhire on June 14, 2013 at 7:50 PM

Intelligent thought plays no part in this.
Jackalope on June 14, 2013 at 7:46 PM

The sooner this is understood, the better.

Cleombrotus on June 14, 2013 at 7:50 PM

Will we even *have* a Republic left by 2016? Or will they just put Hillary in as Dear Leader by fiat?

Rubio, I cannot put into words how infuriated I am with your betrayal of your country.

theotherone on June 14, 2013 at 7:51 PM

That’s fine. I plan on not voting in 2016 anyway unless a candidate really wows me, and I’m not sure I see that candidate on the horizon yet. No more of this ‘lesser of 2 evils’ crap. And, if folks not voting ends up hurting a lousy GOP nominee, whatever. I don’t care anymore. I either get someone I can stand behind, or I sit out. And, I’ll sit out with a smile on my face and zero apologies.

joejm65 on June 14, 2013 at 7:53 PM

58 is ‘sky high’?

Really AP?

lol

theotherone on June 14, 2013 at 7:51 PM

I can but I’d undoubtedly be banned first, and get a knock at the door second.

Midas on June 14, 2013 at 7:53 PM

bluegill on June 14, 2013 at 7:25 PM

Not exactly Profiles in Courage.

VorDaj on June 14, 2013 at 7:57 PM

bluegill on June 14, 2013 at 7:25 PM

They all say they are against amnesty, but promote it’s main pusher, faceman and spokesliar. I could say more but let’s just say I sure wouldn’t want any of them in a foxhole next to me.

VorDaj on June 14, 2013 at 7:59 PM

I’m a complete idiot and I have Rubio’s number. Weeks ago. Are rush, hannity, and levin smoking crack?

GhoulAid on June 14, 2013 at 8:00 PM

They’ll do this anyways.

They didn’t come out for Romney.

I’m not simply saying that I won’t support Rubio. I won’t support the GOP. This is a deal breaker for the party. They pass amnesty, I’m out.

El_Terrible on June 14, 2013 at 8:01 PM

If Rubio is actually this popular with Republicans, and stays so, I will have to not just not vote Republican, but vote Democrat so it’s like I sat out voting Republican twice over.

VorDaj on June 14, 2013 at 8:01 PM

LIAR, LIAR, LIAR

You stated they should hire Tantaras.
LIAR, LIAR, LIAR

RickB on June 14, 2013 at 7:46 PM

bluegill on June 13, 2013 at 7:45 PM

Who’s the liar now?

I said I would have liked to have seen them find another, new, articulate conservative commentator who appeals to younger viewers (in the Charles Cooke or Tantaros mold), and not someone like the inarticulate clown they recently rehired.

bluegill on June 14, 2013 at 8:02 PM

Hannity, Levin and Limbaugh are not men at all. They are mice who think they are men. Patton would slap them and the Founding Fathers would kick them all right in the ass.

VorDaj on June 14, 2013 at 8:03 PM

Never underestimate how completely uninformed the low-information voters are!

I had dinner with a well-educated (Master’s degree from a top university), professional, age 40+ friend a few days ago.

This low-info voter hadn’t even heard of ANY of the scandals that had been in the headlines for the past couple of weeks. I didn’t know it was possible to be this uninformed.

Lesson: If you have low-info friends, start tutoring them on current events NOW, so you have time to educate them up before they vote again.

wren on June 14, 2013 at 8:05 PM

Well duh, Marco Rubio is hot and a nice piece of eye candy.

Republicans are suckers for a pretty face.

I know Rubio is at the top of my HILF list.

chief on June 14, 2013 at 8:05 PM

If Rubio threw out some cheese, Limbaugh, Levin and Hannity would all run for it.

VorDaj on June 14, 2013 at 8:06 PM

bluegill on June 14, 2013 at 7:37 PM

So sorry to do this to you. Well, actually, not. Here is what you wrote and bear in mind that Charles Cooke is NOT employed by Fox…

At the same time I wish they had hired someone like Charles Cooke or Andrea Tantaros. We need more articulate, intelligent conservative analysts who appeal to younger audiences. Palin’s influence starts and stops at the dolt crowd, I’m sorry to say. Who takes this woman seriously? Her online posts are great, but I doubt she writes them. Live and unscripted she is a total inarticulate bore.

Still, maybe she will be a new Palin now. Let’s hope.

bluegill on June 13, 2013 at 7:45 PM

FAIL #1

Now, moving on…

Reading (comprehension) is fun(damental)!!!

Let’s look at what I actually wrote and see where the little trashfish proves her abject idiocy once again…

Resist We Much on June 14, 2013 at 7:30 PM

For the cognitive-impaired: MARK LEVIN IS NOT RUSH LIMBAUGH.

That makes FAIL #2 in just one post from the trashfish.

Shall we make it a hat-trick? To quote trashfish’s favourite, YOU BETCHA!

Did you make an ass out of yourself by assuming that Rush and Levin are my favourite ‘celebrity commentators’?

Why, yes, you did…and you’d be wrong. The regulars here know who my favourite commentators are and neither Rush nor Levin would be the first out of their mouths.

Now, as for Rubio, FROM MY OWN WEBSITE…

Make Marco Rubio Eat His Own Words

So, that’s 3 FAILS in one post for the idiot trashfish.

Resist We Much on June 14, 2013 at 8:06 PM

Of course Rubio’s doing well among Republicans… McCain is a ‘Republican…’ Christie is a ‘Republican…’

Try asking a Conservative how they feel about Benedict Rubio.

Not so much…

CaptFlood on June 14, 2013 at 8:06 PM

I think I have demonstrated on this site in recent years that I don’t just go for the most conservatively conservative choice. I don’t shout “RINO!” at any Republican who doesn’t pass the pure ideology test. With that said, and with the knowledge of what this amnesty would do to the country, I offer this:

I WILL NEVER VOTE FOR THE BACK-STABBING, AMNESTY-PUSHING FRAUD THAT IS MARCO RUBIO.

This is where we are at.

We must defeat this phony.

bluegill on June 14, 2013 at 8:07 PM

I thought most of the low-information voters were Democrats. Looks like the Republicans have their share, if Rubio’s approval is still this high.

TarheelBen on June 14, 2013 at 8:07 PM

Well duh, Marco Rubio is hot and a nice piece of eye candy.
Republicans are suckers for a pretty face.
I know Rubio is at the top of my HILF list.
chief on June 14, 2013 at 8:05 PM

he’s not THAT attractive. Plus his hairline is taking a nosedive recently. Like everything else.

GhoulAid on June 14, 2013 at 8:09 PM

Clearly today we must all be aware that political expediency and latino ethnicity takes precedence over rule of law and constitutional procedure. However you say – WTF ! – what does this mean… in relation to the tabulation whereby we must once again realize that the great reconquesta story is now being rehearsed before our very eyes, in the rise of Marco Rubio… indicating that only a two-faced … I mean a bi-faced … I mean a bi-polar … I mean a bi-lingual hombre can receive…the award for reconquesta, unlike Kenyan Hussein Obama whose reconquesta plans don’t drink water.

And as Miller once said in one of his great novels- what did he … that language is only necessary when bilingual communication is endangered. And you sit there bewildered, and Pinter who went further said “It is not the lack of communication, but fear of communication.” That’s what the damn thing is that we fear – communication – especially all the Spanish communication that’s even on a box of Wheaties now. Damn it! And through all this Mark Levin and Rush Limbaugh and Sean Hannity have attained, and have created for themselves serenity, and it is only their cognitive dissonance that is keeping them alive in their mindless absurdity.

RasThavas on June 14, 2013 at 8:10 PM

I think the Federalist Party has a nice ring to it.

mjbrooks3 on June 14, 2013 at 8:10 PM

Yes. And racist, too. Just ask a liberal or a RINO.

Liam on June 14, 2013 at 7:38 PM

Ahh indeed..don’t know what I’m thinking..conservatives are the new racists now

sadsushi on June 14, 2013 at 8:11 PM

Rasmussen had Rubio at 68% last month and 73% in February.

Jon0815 on June 14, 2013 at 8:13 PM

GhoulAid on June 14, 2013 at 8:09 PM

I know, exactly. I don’t like to focus on candidates’ looks, but I am always a bit puzzled when people go on about how “attractive” Rubio is. He’s not hideous, and he has a youthful-ish appearance, but he is not anything to write home about. Romney was physically attractive. Rubio always looks a bit greasy and sweaty to me.

bluegill on June 14, 2013 at 8:15 PM

Obama’s goal was to destroy the GOP. With Rubio’s help, he’s going to do it.

El_Terrible on June 14, 2013 at 8:16 PM

Unbelievable.

El_Terrible on June 14, 2013 at 8:16 PM

I’m sorry if someone already mentioned this, but Ted Cruz has a 40 percent positive, 8 percent negative, and 52 no opinion. It isn’t that he isn’t as well liked as much as it is that he isn’t as well known. Less people who know him dislike him than any of the other candidates. You really can’t say he would be less liked as people learn more about him

Rose on June 14, 2013 at 8:17 PM

I pray that Rubio will not betray us in the end but, if he does, let his infamous name be “El Chiavato” (The Rat-as in back-stabbing double crosser.)

MaiDee on June 14, 2013 at 8:19 PM

We must defeat this phony.

bluegill on June 14, 2013 at 8:07 PM

Looks like we won’t get any help from the Three Cowardly Mice: Levin, Limbaugh and Hannity. They had a good deal to do with creating the Rubio Frankenstein Monster and they refuse to cut him up. Mostly they just cling to and hump his leg. Between America and Rubio, they have chosen Rubio. They are not even men. They are probably all impotent.

VorDaj on June 14, 2013 at 8:20 PM

I dont give a hoot what you say Ala… If Christy is gonna be on top I have the same feeling… You and your “moderate” party nominies have LOST MY VOTE WITH ANY OF THOSE 2!!!

How hard is this to understand???! I am not the only one. You guys spat in our faces enough already. NO MORE.

watertown on June 14, 2013 at 8:21 PM

Of course his ratings are high. Most Republicans don’t listen to Levin and Limbaugh.

AYNBLAND on June 14, 2013 at 8:22 PM

I like to add to my vent that if these are the favs for the GOP… you guys just join up with the democrats then. You aint got any real difference anymore.

watertown on June 14, 2013 at 8:22 PM

Marco Rubio wants to do more damage to this country than almost any other single senator in a long time.

bluegill on June 14, 2013 at 8:23 PM

MaiDee on June 14, 2013 at 8:19 PM

If he does? He already has betrayed America, the back stabbing little piss ant worm. He’s worse than Obama. At least Obama stabs America in the front.

VorDaj on June 14, 2013 at 8:23 PM

They call it the “stupid party” for good reasons.

Plus, work harder. These hucks need more vacations. They’re going to Europe too, lord knows why.

Schadenfreude on June 14, 2013 at 8:24 PM

There is a whole universe of conservative out there who
supported Rubio . Limbaugh gets it .. Rubio screwed up .
In the long run Rubio will not compete on the national
stage because he’s a liar and soundbites galore !
Rush was very sad to say that he wished Rubio had
never been involved in the immigration bill .

Lucano on June 14, 2013 at 8:25 PM

Most Rs are more stupid than rocks. They deserve to lose into oblivion.

Schadenfreude on June 14, 2013 at 8:25 PM

Immigration is bad enough, but I have more against Rubio than that. He just doesn’t impress me. I don’t really think he would be a good president. All show, no go. I’ll take a doer like Scott Walker any day over someone whose only “qualification” is giving a lofty speech about his parents being immigrants.

Mark1971 on June 14, 2013 at 8:26 PM

MaiDee on June 14, 2013 at 8:19 PM

He has already betrayed the TEA party and the country. What more are you looking for?

Schadenfreude on June 14, 2013 at 8:27 PM

Obama is much more honest than Rubio. Obama calls Tea Parties, Tea Baggers, so we know he hates us, if we didn’t know already. Rubio pretends to be a Tea Partier. Yes, Rubio is even worse than Obama, and Limbaugh, Levin and Hannity ain’t worth a warm bucket of spit.

VorDaj on June 14, 2013 at 8:28 PM

He is for Syria, where extreme amounts of blood and treasure will be spent, so that Obama’s brothers may rule.

All in Syria are the enemies of the USA.

Schadenfreude on June 14, 2013 at 8:28 PM

During Rand Paul’s filibuster, Mike Lee and Ted Cruz joined in and recited Shakespeare and read from the Founding Fathers. Rubio came to floor and talked about rappers.

Rubio was clearly light in the intellectual loafers.

Resist We Much on June 14, 2013 at 8:28 PM

American troops are already at the Syrian border.

Obama, Rubio, McCain and Hillary will have the blood on their hands, all for Obama’s waging of a big dog.

Schadenfreude on June 14, 2013 at 8:29 PM

VorDaj on June 14, 2013 at 8:23 PM

Exactly.

Rubio’s calculation is that he will get a lot of positive coverage from the mainstream media over this, and that it will help him overcome conservative outrage. Marco wants to be president. He is very ambitious, and he believes pushing through amnesty will help get him to the White House. Are we going to let him? I have been dismayed to see the weak and timid manner in which many in the conservative media have approached Rubio. They continue to put him on a pedestal. Why? Even our own Ed Morrissey refused to strongly challenged him on this issue when he interviewed Rubio yesterday on the radio. My jaw dropped at the end of that interview when it was clear that Ed had no interest in taking Rubio to task.

bluegill on June 14, 2013 at 8:30 PM

Obama’s goal was to destroy the GOP. With Rubio’s help, he’s going to do it.

El_Terrible on June 14, 2013 at 8:16 PM

Obama and Rubio: The Tag Team For The Destruction Of America.

VorDaj on June 14, 2013 at 8:31 PM

Those poll numbers are meaningless without earlier numbers to compare them with to see the trend. I can’t find earlier numbers from Gallup, but Rubio was at 73% in Rasmussen just 4 months ago.

Jon0815 on June 14, 2013 at 8:32 PM

GhoulAid on June 14, 2013 at 8:09 PM

bluegill on June 14, 2013 at 8:15 PM

bluegill on June 14, 2013 at 8:23 PM

Not much difference between Rico and Mitts, but you couldn’t get enough of that traitor.
I’m sure you were arrested trying to break into Mitt’s Bi-Partisan/No Labels C!rcleJerk.
Restraining orders last longer than abysmal campaigns.

HornetSting on June 14, 2013 at 8:32 PM

Rubio was clearly light in the intellectual loafers.

Resist We Much on June 14, 2013 at 8:28 PM

Right. To me there is just not a lot of depth there.

Mark1971 on June 14, 2013 at 8:33 PM

bluegill on June 14, 2013 at 8:30 PM

It shouldn’t have, Ed has been openly pro-amnesty for a long time.

Jon0815 on June 14, 2013 at 8:33 PM