Palin rejoining Fox News as a contributor

posted at 6:41 pm on June 13, 2013 by Allahpundit

She left in January and returns on Monday. With something like seven different Obama scandals now roiling conservative media, it’s a wise moment to reclaim the Fox News soapbox.

“I have great confidence in her and am pleased that she will once again add her commentary to our programming,” Ailes said. “I hope she continues to speak her mind.”

Palin will make her latest debut on the morning show “Fox & Friends,” on Monday. In addition to providing political insight and commentary, Palin will contribute to Fox Business Network.

“The power of Fox News is unparalleled,” Palin said. “The role of Fox News in the important debates in our world is indispensable. I am pleased and proud to be rejoining Roger Ailes and the great people at Fox.”

Per TV Newser, “Palin tested the TV waters in New York and Hollywood, and found interest from other networks, someone familiar with her decision says. Ultimately, however, Fox News offered the best deal in terms of salary and exposure.” Another thing that makes her return right now interesting is that you’re starting to see the Senate GOP polarize between old-school hawks like McCain and new-school libertarian-inclined insurgents like Ted Cruz, and not just on foreign policy either. Before she joined the ticket in 2008 and for a good long while after, she was assumed to be a Maverick-style neoconservative thanks to the fact that Bill Kristol had touted her and that she had retained Randy Scheunemann as an advisor. Things seemed to shift in 2011, and lately, thanks to her strong (and reciprocated) support for Cruz, she seems more aligned with the Cruz/Paul/Lee wing. E.g., I’m guessing McCain probably doesn’t share this sentiment about “boot-stomping” posted to her Facebook page four days ago linking to a Breitbart.com item about NSA’s new high-tech spy HQ:

Boot-stomping govt claims citizen spying never happened then pouts Congress knew all along; Congress denies. Our obtuseness = their strength…

Note to Chris Wallace: McCain famously will appear on virtually any Sunday show that’ll have him and Fox is surely looking for a splashy way to reintroduce Palin to the debate after her TV hiatus. Book them together and make this conversation happen.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3 4

Gulch pond and Gulch pool are starting to freeze over! Looks like we’ll have multiple skating locations :)

I’ve ordered (with your permission) construction of a tiny, cozy cabin to be placed on the pond for ice fishing once the ice is thick enough to support it. It is easy to transport on Ismore’s truck and can be reused year after year. Looking forward to fresh perch from the ice in a month or so.

Opinionator on December 4, 2013 at 12:47 PM

Whoaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa – and wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

Add another page to our ‘authentic’ count. 82 or 83 ???!!!

Opinionator on December 4, 2013 at 12:50 PM

My suggestion is, no matter our location, we continue our page count from the last spot, uninterrupted. If Fallon decides it’s 82 over there then it will be 82 over here as well. It’s all the same.

No matter where we click, it’s Home to me.

Opinionator on December 4, 2013 at 12:40 PM

You are so wise and intuitive!

Anywhere we hang our hat, IS HOME!!

Scrumpy on December 4, 2013 at 12:50 PM

Palin Pin-up Page :D

Scrumpy on December 4, 2013 at 12:52 PM

Opinionator on December 4, 2013 at 12:47 PM

Congratulations on this magnificent Page Turn!!

Where is Fallon to help keep the page count right?

God Bless us all!! H/T Mr KOOLAID2 :)

Scrumpy on December 4, 2013 at 12:57 PM

God Bless us all!! H/T Mr KOOLAID2 :)

Scrumpy on December 4, 2013 at 12:57 PM

Fallon will help us, I know. Please leave the lights on over there, Fallon. Our 81 or 82 pages at Gulch 1 will live on forever!

Gulch 2 is just getting revved up :) How awesome is that ?!

Opinionator on December 4, 2013 at 1:39 PM

Scrumpy on December 4, 2013 at 12:52 PM

Lovely. . . Sarah is beautiful through and through!

Opinionator on December 4, 2013 at 1:41 PM

In that Thanksgiving post I lost, Fallon, I asked you to please give grandbaby a big kiss for me from Auntie Op. Sounds like your hands have been quite full lately. . .

Hope the meetings are going well! Can’t wait for stories about developments; you know I live vicariously and wish I could get around and contribute like you do.

In that post I also asked for your actual rain dance!! The roofer came for initial patching and it is no longer raining in my bedroom. Sometimes the absence of annoyances becomes a Very Great Blessing. Boy was I grateful on Thanksgiving! :)

More work will continue soon.

Also, patent attorney and family invited me to Thanksgiving dinner with them (how nice!) but I already had plans. I expect he’ll be making initial contact with mega food/target company number one this week. Please God, may I have the opportunity to feed them :)

Opinionator on December 4, 2013 at 4:26 PM

More to be grateful about: Bashir’s out. I am extremely pleased for Sarah and her family. Just desserts and chickens coming home to roost can be seen all over the place.

May the left continue to implode before our very eyes.

Opinionator on December 4, 2013 at 4:33 PM

Found you! You can’t ditch me. My parents tried that too, when I was young. Moved across town when I was at school. Found them that night. They feigned innocence, but I was hip to the scene. Don’t try moving again, I tells ya!

SailorMark on December 4, 2013 at 7:25 PM

Hi SailorMark :))

Guess what Everybody?! It looks like Gulch1 is working!!

Let’s head on back (and maybe come back later to carry our comments over)??

Opinionator on December 4, 2013 at 7:42 PM

…sorry…I moved all the comments to the other page…and I made a mess of it!…I really cleaned the place before I did it though!

KOOLAID2 on December 4, 2013 at 8:57 PM

Palin Pin-up Page :D

Scrumpy on December 4, 2013 at 12:52 PM

…boy…she has a lot of different looks!

More work will continue soon.

Opinionator on December 4, 2013 at 4:26 PM

…now!…that is good news!

KOOLAID2 on December 4, 2013 at 9:14 PM

KOOLAID2 on December 4, 2013 at 9:14 PM

She has to be one of the most natural beautiful women out there.

Glad you liked the ‘pin-ups’ KA2!! :D

Scrumpy on December 4, 2013 at 9:42 PM

Scrumpy – Can you get into Gulch 1? SailorMark?? Anyone else having trouble?

I will keep checking to make sure no one is unable to reach us. .

Opinionator on December 4, 2013 at 10:50 PM

Opinionator on December 4, 2013 at 10:50 PM

I can’t get back in, keep getting a 404 message and a website not available… ):

Just carry on over there as normal!

I am fine here for now :)

Decorating for Christmas!!

Scrumpy on December 5, 2013 at 10:58 AM

Palin Responds to Martin Bashir’s “Resignation”….

Serves that rotten stinking egg bastage right.

Sarah remains ever the Lady she is!!

I so want her to be President!

Scrumpy on December 5, 2013 at 11:01 AM

Scrumpy, I have carried your messages over. Bmore just turned the page and I strongly urged them to make the link hop so everyone will have access. I will let you know developments. . .

Fallon is visiting her Mom today and will decorate her room window with nativity scene decals.

So excited to see you’re decorating here, too!!!! It’s quite beautiful :)

Giving you a big hug. We won’t leave you by your lonesome. No. Way!!

Opinionator on December 5, 2013 at 12:13 PM

Scrumpy on December 5, 2013 at 11:01 AM

Thanks for that!! I didn’t know that SarahPac had written a letter. Here are the details. It was an embedded link in your article.

Opinionator on December 5, 2013 at 12:18 PM

Sarah will be on O’Reilly tonight. Should be interesting, particularly since he recently whined that she refused to go on his show and insisted on “just giving speeches” (or something close to that).

He’s toast to me, but I’ll watch to see how she deftly deals with him and those comments. Should be fun :)

Wanna bet she says something like: “Well, Bill, at the risk of giving a speech here. . .”, all the while smiling sweetly. . . ? lol

Opinionator on December 5, 2013 at 3:07 PM

Opinionator on December 5, 2013 at 3:09 PM

Opinionator on December 5, 2013 at 3:09 PM

Please don’t double post hon, I am fine… will just pop in here off and on to see what’s up now and again :)

Scrumpy on December 5, 2013 at 10:41 PM

When did HA add the Townhall column and take away the old column? I’m wondering if that had anything to do with the loading issues here. It means they have been playing in the java fields.

Bmore on December 5, 2013 at 11:07 PM

Scrumpy – Please keep trying over there. SailorMark and wolverinefan have (finally) been able to get through. I think they are still tinkering.

I’m using this link, keep it up as a tab and simply refresh. It is working a whole lot better than before.

Opinionator on December 5, 2013 at 11:48 PM

Opinionator on December 4, 2013 at 10:50 PM

I can’t get back in, keep getting a 404 message and a website not available… ):

Just carry on over there as normal!

I am fine here for now :)

Decorating for Christmas!!

Scrumpy on December 5, 2013 at 10:58 AM

I am fine… will just pop in here off and on to see what’s up now and again :)

Scrumpy on December 5, 2013 at 10:41 PM

…can
someone
help
our
winged
one
P L E A S E !
…I can’t cook…can hardly clean…and you know what a geek I am with tools and technical shit…we NEED OUR Gulch poet!…she is more than an appointed position! H E L P !

KOOLAID2 on December 5, 2013 at 11:52 PM

Scrumpy, I’ve fluffed the pillows on the duplicate chair in Gulch 1. We hope you swoop in to see us soon.

Fallon on December 6, 2013 at 8:50 AM

Sorry folks am dealing with frozen pipes, got heat and electric.
Landlord gave me a key to an empty apt so I can bathe and fetch water, lol, seriously!!

My upstairs neighbour called the leasing agent last night to say there was an issue with the plumbing, she didn’t call the maint guy, until I called this morning when I had no water pressure and then no water!

She is gonna get an earful from me when she comes back to work!! And refund me money I spent on getting water for the day…

It’s frigid here tonight gone down to -10 with wind chill…

Baby, it’s cold outside!! Brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr ;D

Later folks :)

Scrumpy on December 6, 2013 at 10:11 PM

Scrumpy on December 6, 2013 at 10:11 PM

…we had 54 yesterday Scrumpy…low of 45…and the high will be 19 or 20 tomorrow!…I like…no wind…some snow…VERY SUNNY…and 30 degrees!…then I like winter!

KOOLAID2 on December 6, 2013 at 11:19 PM

I hope you have water again, Scrumpy! What a pain. It’s been extremely cold here, too, with minuses and a bit of snow.

Have you tried Gulch 1? What happens when you attempt to load it? Trying to get some help for you, too.

Opinionator on December 8, 2013 at 10:35 AM

I will really miss coffee.

Bmore on February 9, 2014 at 9:16 PM

Looks like this is mt new place to store stuff. ; )

New

LeftoCenter
GodlessCommie / libfreeforlife
HillAREwe Rated most boring troll at HA.
Fake
Pasionaria
atlashrugg
Constantine
Extreme Moderate
gxbhkt ?

Bmore on February 21, 2014 at 8:56 AM

Fallon. I still come here. ; ) Its not a bad place. Could use better coffee though. : )

Bmore on February 27, 2014 at 10:54 AM

New

LeftoCenter………………………………………………………………….gone.
GodlessCommie / libfreeforlife
HillAREwe Rated most boring troll at HA…………………..gone?
Fake
Pickle
everdiso
Rachel Jeantel (Bishop?)
corona79
DisneyFan
seesalrun2
Might_Is_Right / JustTheFacts, Ed says no, though to be honest Ed did not indicate whether Might_Is_Right would be back, just that JustTheFacts could continue.
liberalrules……………………………………………………………………gone.
smiley ?
beverlyfreaks ?

Bmore on March 6, 2014 at 11:55 AM

Schadenfreude

Bmore on March 11, 2014 at 8:03 AM

…LOL!
…no reason not to come to the other place (:->)

KOOLAID2 on March 22, 2014 at 10:54 PM

Sarah Palin doesn’t come off well here:

She seems like a kindergarten teacher.

bluegill on March 30, 2014 at 2:42 PM

…^ see how this POS… goes out of her way! ^
…she fools a lot of people!

KOOLAID2 on April 4, 2014 at 11:19 PM

KOOLAID2 on April 4, 2014 at 11:19 PM

Wow. Spraying FishFabreze.

Opinionator on April 5, 2014 at 3:58 AM

She seems like she could school me.

bluegill on March 30, 2014 at 2:42 PM

LOL

Nice list, Bmore. Hi OP and Kool! I’m giving the place another spray, OP, just for good measure.

Fallon on April 5, 2014 at 10:28 AM

Fallon on April 5, 2014 at 10:28 AM

Updated list.

New

LeftoCenter………………………………………………………………….gone.
GodlessCommie / libfreeforlife
HillAREwe Rated most boring troll at HA…………………..gone?
Fake