Organizing for Action wants YOU for Team ObamaCare!

posted at 12:41 pm on June 13, 2013 by Erika Johnsen

Signed, sealed, and delivering, indeed — and the “delivering” part is where the real problems are coming in. I was wondering when we’d see the totally awesome grassroots advocacy group formerly known as the Obama Campaign specifically jumping in on what will surely become a furious push by the White House to successfully brand ObamaCare ahead of the 2014 elections as they scramble to get the thing implemented in time. Successful branding is going to rely on “informing” people about the law’s purported benefits, i.e. convincing them to sign up en masse for more expensive health care plans than they might actually need in order to prevent the systems collapse, and the Obama administration is well aware of the fact. Hence the e-mail from OFA executive director Jon Carson this morning, asking supporters: “Do you like Obamacare? Then I’m asking you to show it”:

And even though Obamacare has been the law for more than three years, the other side is still trying to chip away at it. The House of Representatives has voted to repeal it 37 times, and conservative state legislatures across the country are passing laws that make it harder for their constituents to get access to affordable care.

So we’re taking a stand.

Obamacare’s not going anywhere. And neither are we.

Join Team Obamacare — and tell us where to send your free bumper sticker today: http://my.barackobama.com/Join-Team-Obamacare

Thanks,

Jon

Jon Carson
Executive Director
Organizing for Action

Well, they certainly have their work cut out for them. As Ed pointed out this morning, even certain Democrats are starting to edge away from the behemoth law in more ways than one, and a recent NBC/WSJ poll found that ObamaCare’s unpopularity has reached a new high with a record 49 percent of Americans reporting that they think the law is a bad idea and only 37 percent thinking it’s a good one. As for employers, suffice it to say that a lot of these guys probably won’t be on board:

Obamacare may cost more than experts previously thought, according to a survey of 900 employers released Wednesday. As companies scramble to prepare for a wave of new health care rules that go into effect next year, an increasing number have become pessimistic about the cost, according to Mercer, a benefits consulting firm.

Roughly one in five employers (19 percent) now expect that health care costs will rise by more than 5 percent as the result of the law. When asked the same question two years ago, only 14 percent of respondents thought the Affordable Care Act would significantly raise costs. Moreover, just 9 percent of employers still think the law will have little or no impact on costs. When asked the same question two years ago, a quarter of the respondents thought the impact would be minimal. Almost a third of employers say they still can’t predict the impact.

Comments

O bama
f lukes
A merika

Schadenfreude on June 13, 2013 at 12:43 PM

I pity the fool who puts one of those bumper stickers on their car. On second thought, no I don’t. They will get what they deserve.

HotAirian on June 13, 2013 at 12:45 PM

Wait, isn’t OFA a 5o1(c)(4)? The IRS should review their status and start asking for their mailing lists and the names of their children.

novaculus on June 13, 2013 at 12:45 PM

First one of those bumper stickers may get rammed by a 91 Cadillac.

katy the mean old lady on June 13, 2013 at 12:46 PM

Obamacare’s not going anywhere. And neither are we.

So progressive.

Remember this when in 10-20 years the same people say we must overhaul the system because of the racism.

aryeung on June 13, 2013 at 12:47 PM

HotAirian on June 13, 2013 at 12:45 PM

Great minds.

katy the mean old lady on June 13, 2013 at 12:47 PM

O bama
f lukes
A merika

Schadenfreude on June 13, 2013 at 12:43 PM

They left off the “D”. My response to them FOAD.

VegasRick on June 13, 2013 at 12:48 PM

Why not just forgo the bumper sticker and mail out free condoms? It would save taxpayers money and advance their mission more directly.

blammm on June 13, 2013 at 12:49 PM

I look forward to all of the libtards tears when they finally get what they deserve. I will laugh and feel good. BTW, where are all of the trolls lately?

VegasRick on June 13, 2013 at 12:52 PM

Delivering the shaft to all you dirty Tea Party types.

Is what the bumper sticker really means.

I don’t see how people with Obama bumper stickers can even drive?
I mean their heads are so far up their butts…….

redguy on June 13, 2013 at 12:52 PM

HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA
HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA
HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA
HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA
HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA
HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA
HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA
HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA

Stop it, yer killin’ me!

Resist We Much on June 13, 2013 at 12:53 PM

Is the bumper sticker that odious one I see in Maine from time to time now?

“I (heart) Obamacare?”

That ranks second behind the sickest one I’ve seen yet. Pink on a white background: “I (heart) Obama”. Truly delusional people. That’s what we’re up against.

Cleombrotus on June 13, 2013 at 12:54 PM

First one of those bumper stickers may get rammed by a 91 Cadillac.

katy the mean old lady on June 13, 2013 at 12:46 PM

You must have upgraded lately? I personally don’t care for newer vehicles like that.

oldroy on June 13, 2013 at 12:55 PM

Hey, who wants a free ride on the Titanic?

Well getting on is free, getting off…..not so much.

antipc on June 13, 2013 at 12:55 PM

Actual post from a Prog on Craig’s List:

‘What Obamacare did for me:

I thought it would be great, free health insurance, then I got a job. Boss says 28 hours a week is all they are offering now because over 30 requires insurance. Great, 30% pay cut right off the bat. But it gets better. My 28 hour week gives me about $18,000 a year which is too much for any government insurance.

So now BY LAW I HAVE TO BUY MY OWN ($5,000) or pay a fine. I’M FVCKED AND EVERY YEAR THE FINE GOES UP. SO WHAT I THOUGHT WAS A SWEET DEAL TURNED INTO AN ASS FVCKING.

Thanks, Obama. I wonder how many people like me turn 27 and find out YOU SCREWED US?’

So, good luck, Mr Carson. You’re going to need it.

Resist We Much on June 13, 2013 at 12:55 PM

And if I don’t like Obamacare, how do I show that?

ROCnPhilly on June 13, 2013 at 12:55 PM

I predict the message now…..

You need to pay more for healthcare in the name of social justice because not everybody in America has the same ability for ObamaCare and our dear rat-eared lightgiver is counting on you to do what is right for us all.

Failing that they’ll just steal from you like they usually do.

Happy Nomad on June 13, 2013 at 12:57 PM

OT: I know FBI Mueller leaves in August, but watching his testimony today makes me believe he has already retired…

d1carter on June 13, 2013 at 12:58 PM

oldroy on June 13, 2013 at 12:55 PM

Yup, went from 90 to 91.
Still trying to get the 76 convertible away from my brother.

katy the mean old lady on June 13, 2013 at 1:00 PM

Wonder who’s FAULT it will be when this POS legislation falls flat on it’s ass.

GarandFan on June 13, 2013 at 1:00 PM

First one of those bumper stickers may get rammed by a 91 Cadillac.

katy the mean old lady on June 13, 2013 at 12:46 PM

91 Caddy? You go girl!

ToddPA on June 13, 2013 at 1:00 PM

Obamacare. Signed. Sealed. Delivering

I want a dozen for my fleet of hearses. Do I get a discount?

RadClown on June 13, 2013 at 1:00 PM

Signed, sealed, and delivering*

*well, not babies, of course.

Mr. Bingley on June 13, 2013 at 1:01 PM

blammm on June 13, 2013 at 12:49 PM

Pictures of Mooch would be cheaper and just as effective in terms of birth control.

But seriously, if you are rich enough you have a bumper for that sticker, you should happily be paying 88% or more on healthcare because not everybody is so well off.

Happy Nomad on June 13, 2013 at 1:01 PM

Signed, sealed, and delivered

So are death warrants.

Happy Nomad on June 13, 2013 at 1:03 PM

Delivering… PAIN!

kirkill on June 13, 2013 at 1:04 PM

As opposed to Citizens United, which the other side gracefully accepted? No?

aunursa on June 13, 2013 at 1:04 PM

I have a couple of anti Obama stickers on my car – one of them is Lord, deliver us from Obamacare! which I received from Liberty Counsel.

I frequently drive by a car with a sticker “I (heart) Obamacare”.

Pretty sick stuff when people have stickers saying they (heart) a disastrous law.

22044 on June 13, 2013 at 1:06 PM

*well, not babies, of course.

Mr. Bingley on June 13, 2013 at 1:01 PM

Yeah, we can’t punish the bitter clingers.

22044 on June 13, 2013 at 1:07 PM

The people pulling obama’s strings are frightening
scary.

I miss W.

losarkos on June 13, 2013 at 1:08 PM

They should borrow the Post Office slogan “We Deliver For YOU!” It’d be so appropriate in more ways than you can count…

Marcola on June 13, 2013 at 1:11 PM

I signed up for my free bumper sticker. I don’t know what kind of fun I will have with it but the more money thet spend sending people like me bumbper stickers, the less money they will have for other things.

bopbottle on June 13, 2013 at 1:12 PM

HotAirian on June 13, 2013 at 12:45 PM

I’ve been seeing “I Love Obamacare” stickers on cars in and around our local obscenely overpriced liberal arts indoctrination center. It’s almost as creepy-cultist as the kids singing Obama songs. How do these people know they love Obamacare? It’s not even implemented, and the parts that have been are not panning out as advertised.

forest on June 13, 2013 at 1:13 PM

I don’t see how people with Obama bumper stickers can even drive?
I mean their heads are so far up their butts…….

redguy on June 13, 2013 at 12:52 PM

Personal experience tells me they can’t. Hard to drive their light blue prius with the yapping Chihuahua in their lap and, as you rightly pointed out, their heads up their butts.

I swear, I’m going to buy an old beater just so I can run over any O’sticker I see.

SteveInRTP on June 13, 2013 at 1:14 PM

To hell. Straight to hell.

Nutstuyu on June 13, 2013 at 1:15 PM

“Signed. Sealed. Delivering” ….. Tyranny since 2013.

Cadian on June 13, 2013 at 1:16 PM

It’s obvious that Obama himself has made the decision to flout the law and use his campaign organization to shove his agenda down our throats.

OxyCon on June 13, 2013 at 1:17 PM

I don’t see how people with Obama bumper stickers can even drive?
I mean their heads are so far up their butts…….

redguy on June 13, 2013 at 12:52 PM

Come to South Florida.

katy the mean old lady on June 13, 2013 at 1:18 PM

Ditto. I may just browse through the phone book and sign up everyone in MA.

glockomatic on June 13, 2013 at 1:20 PM

I don’t see how people with Obama bumper stickers can even drive?
I mean their heads are so far up their butts…….

redguy on June 13, 2013 at 12:52 PM

Just be sure to ram into their car, and when they get upset, just say “Well, I saw the Obamacare sticker and figured you liked getting hit in the a$$.”

Nutstuyu on June 13, 2013 at 1:20 PM

F*ck Off OFA!

And get your young pioneers off my lawn!

workingclass artist on June 13, 2013 at 1:20 PM

Saw a bumper sticker on my way in to the office this morning that said “I LIKE OBAMACARE.” Very strong endorsement.

ctlee76 on June 13, 2013 at 1:21 PM

I’ll stick with Team Repeal

cmsinaz on June 13, 2013 at 1:22 PM

And if I don’t like Obamacare, how do I show that?

ROCnPhilly on June 13, 2013 at 12:55 PM

I’m getting the one that says, “Honk if you’re tired of Obama’s crap”

Cleombrotus on June 13, 2013 at 1:23 PM

This week my state govt (CA) sent us an expensively printed brochure headlined “Obamacare is working!” There was a tear-off postcard for us to send in showing that we were on board with that.

Presumably taxpayer money is being spent on that propaganda, which incenses me.

I returned the card, but it did not express support ;)

fatherspledge on June 13, 2013 at 1:23 PM

So tired of the CONSTANT propaganda. It’s a never-ending stream of insults to our intelligence and degradations to the dignity of the office of POTUS. It’s like the White House has become nothing but a slicked-up advertising agency that will say anything to hawk its tawdry wares.

Murf76 on June 13, 2013 at 1:25 PM

blammm on June 13, 2013 at 12:49 PM

I wish Obama’s mother made men use a condom when she was sleeping around. It would have prevented a lot of things from happening.

Cherokee on June 13, 2013 at 1:28 PM

Haven’t read all the comments so maybe this has been suggested already, but someone needs to start a website where people can link pictures of the people who sport this bumper sticker. If they’re so proud of it, let them be known.

Mayday on June 13, 2013 at 1:29 PM

novaculus on June 13, 2013 at 12:45 PM

I believe they have applied for a 501(c)(4) status, but I don’t think they have been approved yet. Their website says the following: “In carrying its work, OFA will operate as a “social welfare” organization within the meaning of section 501(c)(4) of the Internal Revenue Code.”

If that is the case, they surely seem to be making their organization appear to be “primarily political” as opposed to “social welfare.”

There is a movement towards changing the qualifications for the 501(c)(4) status and, if it is successful, could mean many organizations, both liberal and conservative, may lose their eligibility for a 501(c)(4) status. If that happens, surely that would apply to OFA.

I wonder if somebody on this thread can verify that OFA is already a 501(c)(4) organization or are they in the waiting line?

metroryder on June 13, 2013 at 1:32 PM

Even when this monstrosity doesn’t work, and indeed turns out to be disastrous, the Press and of course the government at large will insist that it does work…and probably 51% of the American people will think it does work…even if they know from firsthand experience that it doesn’t.

Look how many people still think Slick Willy was responsible for the (albeit short-lived) economic boom of the ’90s. Tell a lie often enough and people will believe it.

Dr. ZhivBlago on June 13, 2013 at 1:35 PM

The Orwellian Care Act. You pay in more than you can afford, and that’s what makes it affordable for you.

apostic on June 13, 2013 at 1:40 PM

Their other name for it (and I don’t mean ACA), is FFM – Federally Facilitated Marketplace.

Let that sink in. The Fed, creating a vacuum of $ into a Marketplace of their choosing, and it also sucks the life out of the already existing Private Marketplace.

Liberalism sucks.

kirkill on June 13, 2013 at 1:42 PM

So, good luck, Mr Carson. You’re going to need it.

Resist We Much on June 13, 2013 at 12:55 PM

And we both know the siren call of single payer will pull him even closer to the rocks.

gwelf on June 13, 2013 at 1:48 PM

That free bumpersticker should come with a free tube of lube so folks can get their backside prepared for the reaming headed their way.

Midas on June 13, 2013 at 1:57 PM

Speaking of tax exempt status, it occurred to me this morning… that ‘conservative’ organization that Zuckerberg is funding that is openly lying repeatedly in commercials now about the immigration bill… are they exempt? If so, I’d like to know when they filed for it, and when it was approved. That organization sure does seem to have gone from creation to pounding the airwaves mercilessly with big ad buys in a very, very short span of time… curious, that.

Midas on June 13, 2013 at 2:00 PM

Obama in 2008: It’s only gonna cost what it’s gonna cost, we need to get fired up here, help me out here!

Jon Carson: Obamacare’s not going anywhere.

Maybe it ISN’T going anywhere, but not in the sense that Jon Carson thought. What happens if OFA tries to sell new taxes and penalties to the public, and nobody shows up?

Jon Carson does need to get fired up. How about Ed McMahon and a
“HeeeeeeEEEEEEEEre’s Johnny?”

Steve Z on June 13, 2013 at 2:02 PM

No thanks I already have a bumper sticker that reads “Up Yer Kilt!” I don’t need any Obozo propaganda on there.

neyney on June 13, 2013 at 2:03 PM

One of my email addresses is on their email list, and I received the email shown in the post above.

And what was the prior email I received from OFA?

From: Ivan Frishberg, BarackObama.com <info@barackobama.com>
To: [My email address redacted]
Date: Monday, June 10, 2013
Subject: Climate deniers: The list

[My first name redacted] –

It is 2013, right?

Why is it then that in 2013 we have to convince some of our lawmakers to believe in science?

Ninety-eight out of 100 climate scientists agree: Climate change is real, human activity is contributing to it, and it poses significant risks to our environment and our health.

But apparently, that’s not enough for the climate deniers in Congress.

Some have compared this so-called “warming period” to what they say are similar events during the Middle Ages.

(No word yet on whether any of them were able to hop in a DeLorean to see it for themselves…)

The truth is that the warming we’ve seen in the last 100 years is much worse — and much faster — than what we’ve seen in any time period before.

If we want to get anywhere on combating climate change in Washington, we need to change the conversation — and it starts with calling out every single one of these climate deniers.

Check out this list of every climate denier we could find walking the halls of Congress — then add your name to hold these guys accountable today:

Thanks for everything — and keep up the great work.

Ivan

Ivan Frishberg

Climate Campaign Manager

Organizing for Action

———————————————————————

Paid for by Organizing for Action

Contributions or gifts to Organizing for Action are not tax deductible.

This email was sent to: [My email address redacted] To update your address, go to: [redacted]

To unsubscribe from these messages, go to: http://my.barackobama.com/unsubscription

Organizing for Action, P.O. Box 66732 Washington, D.C. 20035

ITguy on June 13, 2013 at 2:06 PM

OxyCon on June 13, 2013 at 1:17 PM

I am waaaaayy behind!

Wow. This president, too?

The women in DC were telling me that President Clinton was all about shoving it sown their throats.

And they are calling it an agenda, now? I am glad to hear that. I ask people to come and help with my agenda all the time! You know: “Brigitte, please come into my office for a sec and check out my agenda.”

Or: “Erica, I know I have a big agenda but that is just the way it is.”

Finally: “Oh give him and the wife a nice dinner and drinks then spring the agenda on them.”

IlikedAUH2O on June 13, 2013 at 2:14 PM

I frequently drive by a car with a sticker “I (heart) Obamacare”.

22044 on June 13, 2013 at 1:06 PM

There’s a car in my town sporting a bumper sticker with the “O” symbol and the words “Community Organizer.” As if that’s some sort of badge of honor.

I still don’t know if it’s a sign of praise for 0bama, or if the car’s owner himself is a “community organizer.”

I hope to see it wrapped around a telephone pole someday with smoke pouring out from under the hood. I’ll drive by real slow and LOL with the windows open so he can hear me laughing.

UltimateBob on June 13, 2013 at 2:41 PM

Obamacare may cost more than experts previously thought,

Wow!! never saw that coming!!! (/snarc)

E9RET on June 13, 2013 at 2:41 PM

The days of not having to worry if disagreeing with a grifting politician in Washington might affect your ability to have your health care properly financed are over.

Now you can have Obama campaigning in your face in your doctor’s office in addition to every other area of your life.

Isn’t this great? Wheeeee!

Good Lt on June 13, 2013 at 2:51 PM

“Come to the Dark Side – We Have Cookies!”

mojo on June 13, 2013 at 3:56 PM

Signed, sealed, and delivering*
*well, not babies, of course.
Mr. Bingley on June 13, 2013 at 1:01 PM

My first thought was “Signed, Sealed and Aborting”.

Brilliant minds and all that.

the_schmoo on June 13, 2013 at 4:36 PM

Someone twitter savvy (not me) needs to start a #delivering thing.

Obamacare, signed, sealed and delivering…(insert here such as) misery and mayhem.

I bet there would be some funny lines.

mrsmwp on June 13, 2013 at 5:54 PM

That sure does sound political.

Good thing these guys aren’t applying for 501(c)(4) status.

The Schaef on June 13, 2013 at 6:44 PM