Video: Court marshal allegedly sexually assaults woman — then has her arrested for objecting

posted at 2:01 pm on June 12, 2013 by Allahpundit

Why is a local story that’s three months old suddenly exploding online this week? I saw half a dozen people tweet this clip earlier this morning, all with the same expressions of horror and outrage, even though it was first reported in early March. I’d never seen it before myself. My half-assed theory on why it’s catching on belatedly is that someone rediscovered it last week during NSA-palooza and saw it as some kind of metaphor for the futility of protesting state abuse of the power to invade your privacy. The analogy’s not perfect — the marshal here was reportedly fired, although the fate of “multiple employees and managers” who were also under investigation remains, as far as I know, unclear — but the past two weeks have been a “libertarian moment” and this clip is very, very libertarian-friendly. Even Lindsey Graham would think twice about state power after watching it. For a moment. Reluctantly.

Exit quotation from the KLAS report that broke this story: “The I-Teams investigation shows how the internal affairs investigation is revealing much larger problems at family court. There are multiple marshals involved and allegations ranging from sexual assaults to choking a citizen in court.”

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3

Coward judge.

RiverCocytus on June 12, 2013 at 2:07 PM

There’s a judge right there. WTF is she doing about this?

Blake on June 12, 2013 at 2:08 PM

If it is any consolation, the woman should go pick out a nice house for her and her daughter to own and live in gratis from Clark County.

Seriously, WTF with the judge??

Blake on June 12, 2013 at 2:10 PM

Uniforms make dumb creeps even dumber.

Schadenfreude on June 12, 2013 at 2:12 PM

Bill Clinton just applied for the Court marshall job here…

kirkill on June 12, 2013 at 2:12 PM

Republican war on!… Oh, wait. Nevermind.

rogerb on June 12, 2013 at 2:13 PM

The Lawgiver-In-Black wanted another child in state custody; that’s why she did nothing.

Steve Eggleston on June 12, 2013 at 2:13 PM

Every government employee in that room needs to be fired.

ButterflyDragon on June 12, 2013 at 2:14 PM

He will end up with a job at the TSA now that he has passed their “hand on” test!!

Deano1952 on June 12, 2013 at 2:15 PM

That’s government for you.

MoreLiberty on June 12, 2013 at 2:15 PM

Bureaucrats on a power trip. The judge should have been canned too.

CurtZHP on June 12, 2013 at 2:17 PM

They may have had a reason to search her. But how intrusive and whether by a male vs female deputy is the question. I have no problems with a serious over the clothes pat down by a male cop looking for a gun on a female when officer safety is an issue. But drugs in court? Eh.

Blake on June 12, 2013 at 2:17 PM

The analogy’s not perfect — the marshal here was reportedly fired….

So, kids, the moral of the story is, if you’re some low-level government flunkie, you get fired for groping women, but if you’re the President of the United States, you get awarded Father of the Year.

UltimateBob on June 12, 2013 at 2:17 PM

Yeah sure – you can trust the government. (Wink, wink)

I love the part where the statement by the court says that they start an investigation “immediately.” The hell they did.

Just wait till Obamacare. That’ll make this look tame.

beatcanvas on June 12, 2013 at 2:17 PM

So the Marshall’s defense is that no one stopped him at the time from doing something illegal…so he’s good?

Why the hell is he not in jail?!?

This goes to the larger, scarier theme that most people have no idea what their rights are, and how to defend themselves legally. I’m currently helping a friend out who is being charged with criminal littering because a cop stopped her and friends (illegal), demanded to go through their purses (illegal) and when he couldn’t prove they were drunk or doing anything wrong he charged her for littering for the red bull can she had put down (abuse of the system).

nextgen_repub on June 12, 2013 at 2:19 PM

My full-assessed theory is that you need only go back to the IRS scandal. NOM has been demanding a head for two years, and the law requires that the FBI initiate an investigation and follow-up with NOM. All NOM has received is crickets; meanwhile, these shiteheads at the IRS plead stupidity or innocence before sprinting to retirement or going on paid leave.

All of them should have been strung up by piano wire by this past Memorial Day. They’re all a disgrace.

And I hope, as this story develops, that the mother screws that county like nobody’s business. Civil judgment in seven figures along with a prison sentence for the guards and hearing officer.

BuckeyeSam on June 12, 2013 at 2:20 PM

Wow, it’s bad enough a judge ignores it, but a woman judge? Unbelievable. Can’t the victim file criminal charges?

bopbottle on June 12, 2013 at 2:21 PM

The judge and the LEOs involved in the entire thing deserve a fate that I can’t elaborate upon.

I will only say that justice is no longer a matter for the law. It’ll have to manifest itself in other ways.

MadisonConservative on June 12, 2013 at 2:25 PM

I take it that judge gets a little on the side from her bailiff there.

Marcus on June 12, 2013 at 2:26 PM

Disgusting. Government has too much power.
That judge-thing should be arrested for ignoring the crime.

albill on June 12, 2013 at 2:27 PM

BTW: One big difference between government control and private control is that with private control, government, the media, and trial lawyers can always be counted on to interject themselves in an outrage. In contrast, with government control, government will cover-up under color of law, the media will be intimidated or (in the case of a liberal administration) entirely of the government, and trial lawyers won’t go after a liberal politicians to whom they contribute so much campaign money. And though you think it might cut into the lawyers’ fees, the liberal politicians will just game an act here or there to lower the standard of proof for lawsuit recovery or create a new right that trial lawyers can sue private-sector actors over.

BuckeyeSam on June 12, 2013 at 2:28 PM

There’s a judge right there. WTF is she doing about this?

Blake on June 12, 2013 at 2:08 PM

Does a judge have the authority to tell the court officer not to cuff this woman? Serious question…I mean, I don’t know. The alleged sexual assault took place in another room.

JetBoy on June 12, 2013 at 2:29 PM

I hear from friends here in Vegas that the family courts are the MOST corrupt and degrading experience you can imagine. I hope this woman gets a massive payoff.

Harbingeing on June 12, 2013 at 2:30 PM

Creeps in schools too

Schadenfreude on June 12, 2013 at 2:30 PM

bopbottle on June 12, 2013 at 2:21 PM

Why would a woman judge be more tuned in to issues like this? If anything, I would think a man would be more likely to listen to a clearly upset woman. Women can be very cold when they want to be; they’re not full time nurturers in my experience.

Fenris on June 12, 2013 at 2:30 PM

JetBoy on June 12, 2013 at 2:29 PM

A judge that isn’t a cowardly piece of s**t will interfere with any unlawful conduct in their courtroom, particularly when police place people under arrest for bogus charges.

Lots of cops love to claim the ignorance of “my job isn’t to know the law, just to enforce it”. Judges cannot claim that same ignorance.

MadisonConservative on June 12, 2013 at 2:31 PM

Shouldn’t Judge Donninger have reported the allegation to internal affairs when the allegations were said to her in court?? Guess as a DemocRAT judge in an overwhelmingly DemocRAT county they cover up for their own. Nothing new here.

Raquel Pinkbullet on June 12, 2013 at 2:31 PM

Very large $$$ Civil Rights Lawsuit right there. And the icing on the cake for the Jury will be judge sitting there ignoring her.

And that really really fat Marshall? I mean give me a break, even I could outrun that fat piece of lard. How in the heck would he ever be able to deal with a real criminal?

Johnnyreb on June 12, 2013 at 2:31 PM

What was the reasoning for the drug search if the woman is there on a divorce legal matter? That POS marshal wouldn’t have done it if she had looked like Andrea Dworkin.

Seriously, jeebus, every “official” in that room should be fired and the marshal should be in prison.

But don’t worry, Citizens, there are oversight committees to make sure this sort of thing will never happen.

Bishop on June 12, 2013 at 2:33 PM

IRS recruitment video

Arnold Yabenson on June 12, 2013 at 2:33 PM

Both cops & judge need to be fired. Cowards and bullies.

29Victor on June 12, 2013 at 2:33 PM

That’s obscene. And, unlike the court marshall’s claim, there IS a law against unlawful arrest of a citizen. And it’s all right there on camera. With a decent ambulance chaser involved, both those guys will lose their jobs and face ruinous personal lawsuits, the woman-in-black will get censured, and the taxpayers will cough up enough dough for this woman to buy some nice bling for her daughter. (I’m thinking some Tae-Kwon-Do classes, too, so next time she can say “Don’t take my mommy!” then kick him in the shins kneecap.)

GWB on June 12, 2013 at 2:33 PM

That’s a future superstar in the dem party.

acyl72 on June 12, 2013 at 2:34 PM

Bishop on June 12, 2013 at 2:33 PM

FTFY. If Kitty Genovese was enough to indict bystanders for not doing anything, that goes tenfold for the people that are supposed to “serve and protect” us.

MadisonConservative on June 12, 2013 at 2:35 PM

You don’t have to be a “highly trained professional authority” to know that her stuff and her person being searched while appearing in court is not normal procedure. She wasn’t even defending herself against any kind of complaint, not so much as a parking ticket!

You can be sure officer Frisky Hands has done this many times before and gotten away with it.

The judge should be recalled, the bailiff should be fired, and this “officer” should be in jail for misusing his authority. Another thing to ask is what, if any, articulable cause did he have for searching her or her belongings in the first place? She could probably sue for a violation of her Fourth Amendment rights alone.

However, this does show the upside of video surveillance in public places. If not for this video, probably nothing would have been done whatsoever.

Dr. ZhivBlago on June 12, 2013 at 2:35 PM

I take it that judge gets a little on the side from her bailiff there.

Marcus on June 12, 2013 at 2:26 PM

Maybe she gets the Michael Douglas treatment.

Ward Cleaver on June 12, 2013 at 2:35 PM

that was so sad/scary to watch. i only watched it once but i will never forget it. and it’s sad that it took this long for this woman to receive justice when this happened in 2011!! wtf. the incident happened ON TAPE and it still takes this long for the tape to be released to the public? it just makes you wonder how many other incidents like this have occurred that no one knows about.

and why is the pervert suing?! what exactly is he supposed to say in his defense when his actions of unfairly arresting the woman were caught on tape?

and what kind of judge just sits there and does nothing? she automatically assumed the woman was lying- how does she know??

and the two-year-old saw right through the bullcrap that was happening, good for her for stepping up and telling the police not to arrest her mother. it really bothers me how the child was taken away from her mom for no reason- two people were hurt here, the mom and the child. i’m sickened.

Sachiko on June 12, 2013 at 2:35 PM

At least they didn’t put him on paid administrative leave, which seems to be a popular punishment.

Anyway, it continues to surprise me how easy it is to find people to work in government who are either willing to take away some citizen’s rights or are willing to look the other way.

Curtiss on June 12, 2013 at 2:35 PM

The older I get, the less respectful I become of those that are supposed to be on our side. I no longer give the benefit of the doubt to judges, prosecutors, or cops.

Mark1971 on June 12, 2013 at 2:35 PM

I am most flabbergasted by the judge’s apparent indifference to what was going on in her courtroom. Even if she agreed with the officers sitting mute for the entire incident is just mind boggling.

NotCoach on June 12, 2013 at 2:36 PM

Mark1971 on June 12, 2013 at 2:35 PM

Distrust is becoming the default, sad to say.

Curtiss on June 12, 2013 at 2:36 PM

then kick him in the shins kneecap his tiny little balls.

GWB on June 12, 2013 at 2:33 PM

Gratis.

CurtZHP on June 12, 2013 at 2:37 PM

MadisonConservative on June 12, 2013 at 2:31 PM

That’s just it…what the judge witnessed in the courtroom was this woman claiming alleged sexual assault…that happened away from the judge and the courtroom. I’m not sure she could have done anything to keep the officer from cuffing and arresting her.

JetBoy on June 12, 2013 at 2:37 PM

Curtiss on June 12, 2013 at 2:35 PM

That doesn’t surprise me. A government job is the perfect place for people who are inclined to rule over everyone else.

NotCoach on June 12, 2013 at 2:37 PM

Pretty soon, it will be illegal to give these officers a “dirty look”. Do so, and you’ll be hauled off to jail. Ladies? If they want to take you to a separate room and lift up your shirt or skirt and check for drugs then resisting will get you arrested, complaining will get you arrested, and soon, giving them a dirty look will get you arrested.

Mahdi on June 12, 2013 at 2:38 PM

JetBoy on June 12, 2013 at 2:37 PM

What about when the officer ordered her to make an apology at the mic? Who was she speaking to at that point if not the court?

NotCoach on June 12, 2013 at 2:39 PM

JetBoy on June 12, 2013 at 2:37 PM

You can’t arrest a person for making “false allegations” against you five minutes after the charges were made just because you deny the charges against you.

That makes about as much sense as the IRS agents responsible for leaking confidential info about pro-life groups being protected by the same law that made that info confidential.

MadisonConservative on June 12, 2013 at 2:39 PM

And don’t tell me the judge couldn’t have said “Leave her alone” and the two cops wouldn’t have immediately backed down. Plus, can there be some actual standards for the physical fitness of officers, I mean come on, that lard butt is there to protect everyone?

This is what we’re up against, a burgeoning security apparatus packed solid with tinpot power-junkies who think there is no restraint for whatever excess they decide to wield against the populace.

Bishop on June 12, 2013 at 2:39 PM

If you can’t trust your government, YOU are going to have some problems.

jukin3 on June 12, 2013 at 2:39 PM

JetBoy on June 12, 2013 at 2:37 PM

When someone says, “I’m arresting you for making a false allegation aginst a peace officer” the judge CAN say, “What NRS is that?” Or, “I am unaware of any such statute. Please get your sergeant.”

JFKY on June 12, 2013 at 2:40 PM

Mahdi on June 12, 2013 at 2:38 PM

Sooner than you think.

I will never enter the state of New York. It has become more of a police state than many European countries.

MadisonConservative on June 12, 2013 at 2:40 PM

JetBoy on June 12, 2013 at 2:37 PM

I wonder if it is routine in P. Donninger’s court room to have male marshals SEARCH women in a private room? Why ? Was the case not OVER when the perver….I mean Fox asked to search her? Why the need to search her AFTER the case was over? I’ll bet that there are other incidents involving Fox. And how could a judge not know that “making false allegations against an officer” is not an arrestable offense. WTF.

Raquel Pinkbullet on June 12, 2013 at 2:42 PM

But what you have here is get along to go along…sure the Judge COULD say something, but that just jams you and your bailiff up…it’s easier to just let it happen, to a “Civilian” than to get all sideways with the people that help secure your court.

JFKY on June 12, 2013 at 2:42 PM

Mark1971 on June 12, 2013 at 2:35 PM

I’m with you, maybe because so many of them seem incapable of the most basic understanding of the law.

I used to be against the “Cop Watch” groups in Minnesota, but now I’ve changed my tune when so many of our public servants claim they have special rights the rest of us aren’t granted.

Bishop on June 12, 2013 at 2:44 PM

This incident was nauseating. The female judge was the worst example of the arrogance of power from small people.

paulus1 on June 12, 2013 at 2:44 PM

The judge was acting like someone who was told to look away if she knew what was good for her.

kurtzz3 on June 12, 2013 at 2:45 PM

That judge should be kicked off the bench. The woman had finished her business with the court and was on her way out when the molester insisted on “searching” her for drugs in a private room, ignoring her requests for a female officer. There was absolutely no justification for that search, other than the marshal’s desire to assault an attractive woman. Then, when the woman goes back into the courtroom to complain to the judge, that the judge would just sit there and ignore the woman’s complaint, let her be cuffed and arrested for no cause (false accusations? Seriously? You can’t arrest someone for making false accusations, she wasn’t under oath so there was no perjury involved), not to mention that the judge let the young daughter get involved, when she could have easily been hurt. Just insane. The judge knew what was going on, and let it happen. Something seriously wrong there, goes far beyond what the marshal did.

mbs on June 12, 2013 at 2:46 PM

Scumbags.

It’s kinda unnerving how calm that little girl seemed through the whole thing. Have a feeling home life isn’t the healthiest.

And is it just me or did that pixelating just seem to make her face more clear.

jdpaz on June 12, 2013 at 2:46 PM

JetBoy on June 12, 2013 at 2:29 PM

At a minimum, a judge has the duty to speak up – especially when an arrest is supposedly taking place for breaking a non-existent law. “Marshall, approach the bench, please.” Then let him know in no uncertain terms that you know he’s making an illegal arrest and that the consequences of that act will not be pretty, and that you will be a witness in any ensuing legal action (police boards or courtroom).

BTW, they used a different word for the woman-in-black than “judge”, I thought. I wonder if she’s actually a judge, or a bureaucrat that presides over hearings of some kind? I didn’t catch the word, but it could just be another name for “judge” too.

GWB on June 12, 2013 at 2:48 PM

There are many faces of tyranny. This has been one of them.

claudius on June 12, 2013 at 2:48 PM

JetBoy on June 12, 2013 at 2:37 PM

I disagree. The judge has control over the courtroom.

mbs on June 12, 2013 at 2:48 PM

and what’s up with ninja-cop in the background at 3:34?

jdpaz on June 12, 2013 at 2:49 PM

NotCoach on June 12, 2013 at 2:39 PM

Only a guess here, but I assume court proceedings are audio taped, perhaps for later transcription. In order for her to have assumedly left the court, she would have to recant her allegations.

Again, I don’t know. In any event, something wasn’t done properly, as the court officer was fired after an investigation.

JetBoy on June 12, 2013 at 2:50 PM

JetBoy on June 12, 2013 at 2:37 PM

the thing is, she should not have automatically assumed that the woman’s sexual assault claims were false and the pervert was telling the truth.

JFKY on June 12, 2013 at 2:42 PM

i guess that’s it. there are so many people out there today- and i’m not even only talking about government- who see something unfair going on and they look the other way because it’s not their problem and they don’t want to inconvenience themselves by getting involved in this situation. it’s horrible…

Sachiko on June 12, 2013 at 2:51 PM

Can you still ride people out of town on a rail?

Shy Guy on June 12, 2013 at 2:53 PM

JetBoy on June 12, 2013 at 2:29 PM

A judge has the authority to control what occurs in her courtroom and that includes arrests. Personally, I am more inclined to chalking this up to ignorance and bad training on part of the officer then some sort of deviancy. The judge should have ordered everyone to calm down and called the marshal’s supervisor and a public defender for the woman before in spun out of control. If she knew the woman was going to be searched and to that extent, she should have ordered the marshal to get a female to do it. The marshals’ need more training and guidance as to when they can/cannot search people and the extent of the search.

Blake on June 12, 2013 at 2:53 PM

I can’t wait until we have to have an IRS agent in the examination room…

“Just try to relax… (snap! of surgical glove)”

Seven Percent Solution on June 12, 2013 at 2:54 PM

GWB on June 12, 2013 at 2:48 PM

A Hearing Master in NV (Commissioner in CA) is an appointed position, by the Chief Judge to alleviate the caseload of the elected Judges on the bench. They mainly handle minor misdemeanors, and hearings for restraining orders, etc and juvenile.

Raquel Pinkbullet on June 12, 2013 at 2:54 PM

Oh, the thing about the woman being forced to recant her allegation in court — the judge should have definitely put a stop to it. That was pure coercion and the judge was amiss in allowing it to occur in her presence.

Blake on June 12, 2013 at 2:55 PM

jdpaz on June 12, 2013 at 2:46 PM

the judge was distracting the girl by playing with her. but the girl did eventually realize what was going on and tried to tell the police not to take her mom away. (not that they could care less about the poor girl!!)

Sachiko on June 12, 2013 at 2:56 PM

UltimateBob on June 12, 2013 at 2:17 PM

If Slick Willy had a son…

Dr. ZhivBlago on June 12, 2013 at 2:57 PM

Mark1971 on June 12, 2013 at 2:35 PM

I used to trust the cops until I had a visit by them. Seems somone accused me of doing something and the state police wanted a statement from me. Gave the Detective Seargent multiple interviews freely and without even talking to a lawyer, that was my first mistake, don’t ever freely talk to the cops, they will lie. Well that didn’t satisfy him because I wouldn’t admit guilt so he wanted a lie detector test. I agreed and said if I passed the test would they drop the whole thing, he said no, that he woud continue the investigation by other means. Walked out and got a lawyer at that point and quit talking to them. A few weeks later the DA said drop the whole thing. From my experience, the police will lie to you and and try to trick you into making statements that twist your words around.

Johnnyreb on June 12, 2013 at 2:57 PM

CurtZHP on June 12, 2013 at 2:37 PM

At her height, that would be more of a head-butt. Didn’t really want to suggest that……

JFKY on June 12, 2013 at 2:40 PM

What is an NRS?

kurtzz3 on June 12, 2013 at 2:45 PM

She really looked like “Oh dear, I really don’t want to get involved.”

You know, I would be interested to see more of the tape. It was obviously edited. I would be interested to know how the little girl got back over by the judge after “interfering” with the officer. Or, if it was edited out of sequence.

GWB on June 12, 2013 at 2:57 PM

That Judge should be removed from the bench. The officer that insisted the allegation was false, and a crime, and that the perpetrator must arrested her because he had work to do – that guy need to be in jail as well as fired.

SarahW on June 12, 2013 at 2:57 PM

I’m no lawyer, but as the lawyer in my business law class explained it, in a courtroom, the judge is about as close to god walking the earth as we are likely to ever see. Not 100% sure if that is true only between the “Court is in session/adjourned” gavels, or whenever the judge is on the bench, or at any time the judge is present in an official capacity.

Was this woman actually a judge? The video refers to her as “Hearing Master”. Anyone have any idea what the legal distinction is, or is it just a title?

Tremor on June 12, 2013 at 2:58 PM

Who is that judge? What is her name? How did she get her position? Is she still a judge?

SarahW on June 12, 2013 at 2:59 PM

this was very disturbing. very.
I got out of law enforcement due to the attitudes of people like that. spent few years as MP and planned on going state police like grandfather, then I saw how many were doing the job as an us vs them and were on power trips just to bust people.
I got out of it.

dmacleo on June 12, 2013 at 2:59 PM

Blake on June 12, 2013 at 2:53 PM

That’s every police department/sheriff department/TSA station’s excuse for one of their thugs enjoying a power trip. Training has sucked for years, apparently, because despite whatever “efforts” have been made towards “providing more training and guidance”, LEOs still consider themselves above the law.

I don’t even believe training makes a goddamned difference to the slime that pull this s**t. Molesting a woman in custody isn’t a concept that will be removed from the head of some punk by a seminar.

MadisonConservative on June 12, 2013 at 2:59 PM

In addition every decision made by a “Commissioner or Hearing Master” has to be approved by the “judicial officer” of the day. (ie the Judge on duty). If they order someone into custody or sentence someone to jail, the defendant has the right to refuse the sentence, and request to be sentenced by a judge. This also applies for Pro-Temp judges.

In most states, including NV, Hearing Masters/Commissioners do not even have to be licensed to practice law.

Raquel Pinkbullet on June 12, 2013 at 3:00 PM

Raquel Pinkbullet on June 12, 2013 at 2:54 PM

Thank you. And interesting. Seems ripe for abuse, as that position would seem unaccountable to the people.

GWB on June 12, 2013 at 3:00 PM

Blake on June 12, 2013 at 2:53 PM

It just doesn’t sound right to say a judge can interfere with an arrest…even in the courtroom. Doing so would be an egregious over-reach of authority…IMO. What the judge did do, was to entertain the woman’s little girl during this incident…I just don’t think anything else could have been done at that particular time.

But again…I’m just guessing here. I tried a quick google search for an answer but got nuttin’.

JetBoy on June 12, 2013 at 3:00 PM

Blake on June 12, 2013 at 2:53 PM

Here is what they “should” have done, (to make the search a legal one): Run the lady for a criminal record, history—IF she was on parole OR probation and IF she had a “search & seizure clause”, (which means that a law enforcement officer can legally search someone just by requesting that the person be allowed to be searched). In this case, so what if she had a record….! Here is my take, Fox saw an “easy” mark and did what he did thinking that she would not complain OR that she would not be believed…..Obviously they didn’t believe her. And P. Donninger IS an embarrassment to the court! But the best way to conduct a search, (when necessary) is to bring in a FEMALE officer….by Ms. Contrera’s reaction and body language—-she is more credible than the two bozos who arrested her….I wonder what they charged her with?

Raquel Pinkbullet on June 12, 2013 at 3:01 PM

She did file a federal lawsuit, and ended up pleading no contest to a disorderly conduct charge, probably because she felt she would not get a fair shake in any Clark County courtroom, which I can’t blame her for.

mbs on June 12, 2013 at 3:02 PM

What we see here is the worst of humanity. One person uses his authority to intentionally inflict harm on someone under his power, another unquestioningly joins the authoritarian, and the last averts her eyes and looks away. A wolf and two sheep.

This is why government must be limited.

kayawanee on June 12, 2013 at 3:02 PM

How close to the Soviet Union do we have to get before people wake up? The power that is being transferred from the people to the state in recent years is frightening. And for what? An assurance that you will be protected by the state if necessary? Ask this young lady if she feels the state has protected her?

MDLibertyLover on June 12, 2013 at 3:04 PM

When did America turn Sharia?

WTF is going on ?

stenwin77 on June 12, 2013 at 3:04 PM

The analogy’s not perfect — the marshal here was reportedly fired

So that’s the limit of criminal punishment for sexual harassment, firing and nothing else?

What if I work for myself; can I sexually harass freely without punishment? Or do I face a different law for committing the same crime?

Why is that exactly?

gekkobear on June 12, 2013 at 3:05 PM

Horrible. Absolutely horrible. Everyone in that room and the people that hired them need to be sued into bankruptcy.

joekenha on June 12, 2013 at 3:06 PM

Blake on June 12, 2013 at 2:53 PM

I disagree, I think a male marshal in any court room is well aware of the need to get a female officer to do a pat down of a female suspect, or at the very least to call in a witness if no female officer is available, especially when the female suspect requests it. That is just a very basic rule. The fact that he simply refused to get a female officer, and did not call in a witness, says a lot about his purpose in doing the search, imo.

mbs on June 12, 2013 at 3:07 PM

JetBoy on June 12, 2013 at 3:00 PM

Uh,no. Most LEO know enough to not even try it. They can stand outside the door of the court room and arrest people when they exit. And yes, a lot could have been done as I already indicated.

Blake on June 12, 2013 at 3:08 PM

Arrests do occur in the courtoom but the judge is aware of what is going to happen in advance.

Blake on June 12, 2013 at 3:09 PM

Every government employee in that room needs to be fired imprisoned.

ButterflyDragon on June 12, 2013 at 2:14 PM

Fixed it, but I wanted to go EXTREME.Y further than that, to be honest.

HiJack on June 12, 2013 at 3:10 PM

And these liberals want us to turn in our guns.

Imagine how these government types would act if we are unarmed sheep with public school educations.

acyl72 on June 12, 2013 at 3:10 PM

EXTREMELY

HiJack on June 12, 2013 at 3:11 PM

She could have known and spoken her Constitutional rights until the cows came home and it would have made no difference at all because there was nobody there to defend them.

Sickening.

Bob's Kid on June 12, 2013 at 3:11 PM

If you wonder how the GErmans could have allowed Hitler’s madness, just take a look at the judge turning away.

PattyJ on June 12, 2013 at 3:11 PM

This is why they’re not going to get our guns. But they can have our bullets…

HiJack on June 12, 2013 at 3:12 PM

JetBoy on June 12, 2013 at 3:00 PM

In the courtroom, the judge is the god of everyone within.

Often, of course…this is a bad thing.

MadisonConservative on June 12, 2013 at 3:12 PM