Chris Matthews: Why do people dislike Obama when he’s never done anything wrong?

posted at 4:41 pm on June 7, 2013 by Allahpundit

Via NRO and John Ekdahl, Matthews has made this point many times before, usually with references to Horatio Alger, but it feels extra special after a long week of President Perfect completely betraying the Hopenchange ethos of his first presidential campaign. It’s not the cheap racial demagoguery that gets me here; that’s par for the course both for him and his network, where you’ll find far dumber examples of it than this. What gets me is that a guy who’s spent his adult life in politics reacts to the dynamics of ideological differences and partisanship like a college student would. Righties dislike O because he’s a statist liberal, and sometimes an aggressive one; if Hillary wins, she’ll be hated for the same reason. Obama’s personal behavior is better than lots of pols’, but plenty of politicians who are more or less decent people in their personal conduct are roundly hated by the other team. Paul Ryan’s a nice guy with a lovely family whom the lefty commentariat loathes because they think he wants to kill grandma. Marco Rubio also seems like a decent person with a nice family; he’ll be the second coming of Hitler in 2016 to the left if he’s the nominee, his shilling for immigration reform notwithstanding. Many people who know Mitt Romney will tell you he’s a warm, generous guy in person; he’s lived cleanly too, apart from his unforgivable crime of making lots and lots of money in business. (Note Matthews’s reference to “money-grubbing” in the clip. For shame, Mitt.) All of them already are or will be regarded by liberals as monsters, not because they have any deep objection to them as people but because they’re roadblocks on the path to the society liberals want America to be. That’s politics. When you know the way to paradise, everyone in your way is the devil. And every single person reading this grasps that already. So how is it the guy who doesn’t, who shrieks like a five-year-old over political animosities, has his own TV show?

Look on the bright side. As bad as this is, it probably doesn’t crack MSNBC’s bottom 10 of the week. That’s a low, low bar.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2

There are Idiots, there are Morons, and then there is Chris Matthews.

Another Drew on June 7, 2013 at 6:44 PM

Matthews the Brave also admitted he voted for Michael Steele for his Senate run only because he’s black.
NotCoach on June 7, 2013 at 4:48 PM

I don’t think the word racism means what Matthews thinks it means.

talkingpoints on June 7, 2013 at 6:54 PM

CM is an actor on an entertainment network and is simply playing to his gullible audience.

Jocundus on June 7, 2013 at 7:00 PM

Chris it’s not about what Obama did wrong, the question should be what did he do right?

mixplix on June 7, 2013 at 7:03 PM

Is that the guy with the black-rimmed glasses?

HiJack on June 7, 2013 at 5:08 PM

One of them.

I think his sister has a show, too.

I can’t recall the name, but she looks just like the Maddow boy.

Solaratov on June 7, 2013 at 7:11 PM

Why do people dislike Obama when he’s never done anything wrong?

Just remove the last word, and you might get a clue.

drunyan8315 on June 7, 2013 at 7:16 PM

BB had style. CM is just a flopsweat covered buffoon about three seconds away from a massive heart attack.

kim roy on June 7, 2013 at 5:59 PM

Now, call me cold…but I’d tune in to MSDNC to watch that happen.

And tape it, too.

Solaratov on June 7, 2013 at 7:18 PM

Isn’t it dangerous to copiously weep into a live microphone? Couldn’t Chrissy get a tingle over his whole body that way.

drunyan8315 on June 7, 2013 at 7:19 PM

The problem is not just that Matthews is an Obama fanboy, but that he cannot even understand the prima facie reasons for why somebody might be critical of Obama. That’s a serious cognitive defect in a political commentator.

Baerwulf on June 7, 2013 at 7:23 PM

Chrissy, you are one sick puppy!!

Jersey Dan on June 7, 2013 at 7:58 PM

Guess he picked the wrong time to quit sniffing glue.

gordo on June 7, 2013 at 8:00 PM

In Chris’s mind, I beleive he thinks he is a 12 year old girl and that Obama is Justin Bieber.

Wallythedog on June 7, 2013 at 8:18 PM

Aren’t there any other liberals we can pound into dust? I know that Chrissy is such a big target but, sheesh, it’s the same old stuff with him. He’s ignorant and servile to the point of being laughably moronic.

ExpressoBold on June 7, 2013 at 8:33 PM

Has Tingles ever had an interview with Obama? Of course not, Michelle wouldn’t allow it.

Marcus on June 7, 2013 at 5:03 PM

Of course she wouldn’t allow it. O’Bumbles enjoys the sex he has with Chrissy more than the sex he has with her.

Moose Drool on June 7, 2013 at 9:05 PM

I just dislike him, because he’s “black”.
I’m sure if Hillary or John Edwards would have won the Presidency, I would have no problems with them whatsoever.

Yeah, right.

listens2glenn on June 7, 2013 at 9:11 PM

I just dislike him, because he’s “black”.

Yeah, right.

listens2glenn on June 7, 2013 at 9:11 PM

“John Edwards” is the new IRS, I see… :)

Anti-Control on June 7, 2013 at 9:19 PM

Hey nutcoach bite me! See unlike you proggies Im not looking for a Nobel Peace Prize that I havent earned. Did I mention BITE ME?

neyney on June 7, 2013 at 9:48 PM

neyney on June 7, 2013 at 9:48 PM

I took his post as sarcastic in nature.

Anti-Control on June 7, 2013 at 9:58 PM

Chris is right……………..stupidity is a breed unto itself ergo ethnic.

JayMac1 on June 7, 2013 at 11:41 PM

Oh my, i think Chris is stuck on stupid.

mmcnamer1 on June 8, 2013 at 10:50 AM

I am just dumbfounded. Can this guy really be so self deluded?

Johnny 100 Pesos on June 8, 2013 at 12:27 PM