Martin Bashir: When Republicans say “IRS,” they’re really dropping the N-bomb on Obama

posted at 6:03 pm on June 5, 2013 by Allahpundit

People were tweeting about this as it happened and I ignored it because I thought they were exaggerating. See for yourself. You can thank Charles Cooke for the video.

I never thought I’d say it, but I’m saying it — MSNBC’s really gone downhill since Olbermann left. Not because Olby was above this sort of thing; he trafficked in it endlessly, sometimes bringing on cartoon character Janeane Garofalo to fling it while he played straight man. What I mean is, he was never this witless about it. The whole segment is a giant non sequitur. GOP strategist Lee Atwater once described using certain hot-button issues like busing to play on racial divisions; the IRS scandal, which may or may not involve administration officials, is a hot-button issue about which Republicans are exercised; ergo, “IRS” is tantamount to using a racial slur against Obama. This feels to me like Bashir read a bunch of stories about Democrats trying to turn down the heat on the IRS story by bleating about “overreach” and Darrell Issa, and Bashir deciding that he needed to be a good soldier and join in. But all the obvious table-turning angles were covered. What’s a dullard with an afternoon soapbox, an audience full of restless liberals, and an idea in his head about oneupsmanship to do? He does this.

There’s a galaxy of lefty commentators out there willing to make this same cheap, stupid argument and who’d do it in a way less painfully self-parodic than this. Find one, MSNBC.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3

I’m a racist. I didn’t vote for Obama, I don’t like Obama, I don’t like anything Obama does, I don’t like anything Obama says nor will I ever like anything Obama will do or say. My prediction is: If they ever get to the truth about the IRS scandal, Obama is the one who picked up the phone and told someone in the IRS to target conservatives. I’m also a tea party member and am very, very, very proud of it. Democrats are nothing but scum of the earth. Martin Bashir is a prime example.

tmgrant on June 6, 2013 at 6:49 AM

I think it’s important that we laugh at and make fun of this rather than be angry about it. You already know this stuff will be said; you already know it’s BS and a cheap ploy to change the discussion. Don’t be fooled by it. Give him the derision he deserves, and move on. There are much bigger things going on right now that deserve our full attention and anger.

frode on June 6, 2013 at 7:06 AM

Other than the cameraman, the sound guy, the producer, the stage hands, and the rest of the production crew that HAS to be there to run this sideshow, is anyone else, an audience for instance, actually WATCHING Martin Bashir, much less even paying attention to what he blathers day after day?

pilamaye on June 6, 2013 at 7:12 AM

Behold the death rattle of a cable TV Broadcaster !

Jabberwock on June 6, 2013 at 7:23 AM

will nsa surveillance be the new ‘n’ word martin? tingles?

cmsinaz on June 6, 2013 at 7:25 AM

I loath the man so I guess that makes me a racist, though I also am a “canine-ist” because I don’t care a twit for that pit bull that bit my leg and left it dangling.

Don L on June 6, 2013 at 7:32 AM

The man clearly deserves to ridiculed until MSNBC is forced to take him off the air, just as Olberman was.

SC.Charlie on June 6, 2013 at 7:48 AM

There ought to be a law that states when you intentionally, or even ignorantly, accuse someone of being a racist, especially when you are doing so to distract from the person you are defending is an incompetent b00b &/or criminal, you should immediately be put in jail.

According to Obama’s supporters…
+ If you bring up the fact that Obama sold thousands of guns and grenades to Mexican Drug Cartel Members who used them to kill hundreds (and counting) of civilians – to include a US BPA, & engaged in & continues to engage in a cover up that included Eric Holder perpetrating 3 Felony counts of Perjury before Congress, it’s because the GOP & Conservatives are RACIST…

+ If you ring up the fact that Obama hired Al Qaeda-backed rebels to protect Ambassador Stevens & Americans FROM AL QAEDA, that he again & again rejected please for additional security – even after 2 previous terror attacks, that he ignored Intel reports & warnings from even the Libyan President, that Stevens warned that if he did not get additional security he would die, ordered rescue teams to Stand Down during the attack, was AWOL during the Benghazi attack & the 19 other attacks against our embassies abroad that night, & then lied to the American people for months…and still is doing so…it’s because the GOP & Conservatives are RACIST…

+ If you point out how Obama has used not only the IRS but also the FBI, ATF, EPA, and other agencies to target, intimidate, punish and destroy his Conservative enemies, AS HE PROMISED HE WOULD DO…If you mention the ‘nuclear mushrooming wiret-apping cloud’ story about how the DOJ has gone after the AP, Washington Post, Fox News, the FAMILY of a Fox News reporter, how they were fabricating the charges against the Fox news reporter in an intimidate & control the Press…while leaks continue to flow right from the White House…If you mention how it is being reported today that
“Obama’s NSA collecting phone records of millions daily…”,
“Secret court order requires VERIZON to hand over ‘telephony metadata’…”, “Specifically targeted Americans, not foreigners…”, “DHS: Laptops, phones can be searched based on hunches…”, “FBI ‘WANTS BACK DOOR TO ALL SOFTWARE’…”
it’s because the GOP & Conservatives are RACIST!

Obama has turned this nation into his own private Banana Republic, & ‘his own personal army’ he spoke of wanting to have are the very FBI, CIA, NSA, ATF, EPA, DHS, & others he is using to target & attack AMERICAN CITIZENS! He is completely ignoring the Constitution, violating the laws of the United States, trampling Americans’ rights, abusing his power, & keeping his #1 campaign promise of 2008 — TO FUNDAMENTALLY CHANGE THE UNITED STATES!

“Evil does not cede on its own – it must be fought and driven back!”

Barak Obama is proving he is an enemy to the United States Constitution, to the laws of this nation, and to the very people he has sworn to protect & defend. It is time to STOP actnig like SHEEP. It is time to STOP being frightened of being labeled things like ‘Racist’ by liars and manipulators like this man when we know it is not true, and it is time to take action rather than allow our nation to be stripped and destroyed beneath our feat while we mill around aimlessly waiting to see what happens next. Write & call your representatives, at every level – tell them NO MORE & that you demand ACCOUNTABILITY for everyone who has engaged in ANY of this…and I do not mean PID FURLOUGH / LEAVE with a move to another position/job later. Eric Holder should be in JAIL, not only for the 3 Felony Counts of PERJURY he perpetrated during the Fast & Furious investigation, for which he was Censured because the DOJ would not press charges, but for his Perjury regarding the wire-tapping. Start demanding the Constitution be followed, the laws be obeyed, & appropriate punishment as directed by the law…or sit idly by while this nation is destroyed by this Socialist, Islamic Extremist sympathizing traitor.

easyt65 on June 6, 2013 at 7:51 AM

tmgrant on June 6, 2013 at 6:49 AM

I’m a double racist because I don’t like Obama’s white half either.

Cherokee on June 6, 2013 at 7:53 AM

When Republicans say “IRSMartin Bashir,” they’re really dropping the N-bomb on Obamapooping out of their mouths

A somewhat more accurate quote.

Physics Geek on June 6, 2013 at 7:56 AM

One thing we know for sure…these people aren’t playing with a full deck…they only have one card.

ProfShadow on June 6, 2013 at 7:58 AM

“Evil does not cede on its own – it must be fought and driven back!”

When truth is brought to light, Liberals / the defenders of that evil seek to beat back the light and plung the world into darkness once more so that they might continue to do their evil deeds. Scanda after scandal is perpetrated while those who have been absolutely corrupted by their greed and lust for power attempt to distract and attack. We ALLOW ourselves to be beaten back at times when someone calls us a ‘Racist’. Even though we KNOW that is not true, still we shrink back rather than boldly face those who seek to intimidate & silence us by using this tactic.

“Evil does not cede on its own – it must be fought and driven back!”

If not ‘me’, then who? Do we entrust the politicians who have failed us again and again while working to secure their own benefits, power, and fortune? If not ‘me’ then who? My children whose future is being destroyed while I sit and co nothing but complain? If not me then who? You?! If everyone believed they did not have to act, that they left it to their neighbors, to others ‘more suitable’, or because they thought ‘what can I do’ then this nation would have fallen a long time ago.

“Evil does not cede on its own – it must be fought and driven back!”

‘The Greatest Generation’ fought multiple wars simultaneously, sacrificed their comfort, their possession, & their very lives for a greater good, for their children, and for generations to come. OUR generation has sacrificed our children, our freedom, and our future for instant gratification, for personal want, and for no more greater want than ‘me’. It is time to find it within ourselves to find that greater purpose, to put our children & their future above our own comfort, wants, & greed. It is time to right what has been wronged so that we might leave to our children the free nattion designed and left to us by our Founding Fathers through generations of Americans, which was paid for by their blood, sweat, tears, and saccifice! It is our time to fight for this legacy, for the good of our children and future.

easyt65 on June 6, 2013 at 8:03 AM

OMG, Bashir is certifiable…I predict he’ll end up like Olbie…commenting on sports in his native Britain :), or worse, in a straight jacket…

jimver on June 6, 2013 at 8:57 AM

will nsa surveillance be the new ‘n’ word martin? tingles?

cmsinaz on June 6, 2013 at 7:25 AM

At least it starts with a N :)

jimver on June 6, 2013 at 8:58 AM

N words that describe the One-
Nefarious
Nitwit
Noisy
Non sequitur
Noodle
Nostril
Nuisance
Welcome to add to list from anyone……………….

Molonlabe2004 on June 6, 2013 at 9:08 AM

Hmmmmmm…..wouldn’t that mean that Obama is half IRS and half EPA?

BobMbx on June 6, 2013 at 9:09 AM

This freaking idiot could only exist on MSNBC.

rplat on June 6, 2013 at 9:25 AM

Looks like when I go to the restroom now I will be taking a “MB” instead of a “BM”. lol

uniclone on June 6, 2013 at 9:29 AM

The book of Proverbs has a saying: a fool that shuts his mouth can be mistaken for a wise man.
That’s why it’s actually good to give a mic and a platform to liberals. That way everybody can see how dumb they are.

ChristianRock on June 6, 2013 at 9:30 AM

How is it that Britain gives us all of the best actors, and all of the worst TV news personalities? See also: Piers Morgan

The Schaef on June 6, 2013 at 9:35 AM

I’m a double racist because I don’t like Obama’s white half either.

Cherokee on June 6, 2013 at 7:53 AM

Hah!

GWB on June 6, 2013 at 9:35 AM

Unbelievable! Really. A new low and would be laughable, but for. . . oh it is laughable.

evilgolfer on June 6, 2013 at 9:37 AM

evilgolfer on June 6, 2013 at 9:37 AM

Silence – utter silence – from the rest of The Media over this….

Acceptance – complete acceptance – of this Hate Speech on public airways….

No damage to the credibility of this Vessel Of HATRED at all…

….Sorry, but I don’t see this as even vaguely funny….

williamg on June 6, 2013 at 9:47 AM

I hate David Axelrod, David Plouffe, Jay Carney, John Kerry,and Stephanie Cutter.

I suppose that makes me a racist…..oh, wait.

NOMOBO on June 6, 2013 at 9:48 AM

Get real. Obama isn’t “black”, at least not black like Dr. King. He’s half white, he didn’t grow up in the ‘hood, and he didn’t have to struggle to make it, like people growing up in the ‘hood do.

Ward Cleaver on June 6, 2013 at 10:07 AM

All these undercover “comedians” and I am yet to see an ape or monkey joke. Shame.

HotAirLib on June 5, 2013 at 9:44 PM

Why do you equate monkeys and black people, hal?

Why do you hate black people, hal?

Why do you hate America. hal?

GO BACK TO STORMFRONT, HALL, WITH YOUR RACIST FRIENDS.

Solaratov on June 6, 2013 at 10:10 AM

/sarc on the hacker bit, but not on the cross-posting bit. I was just seeing yesterday’s Price is Right comments here in this Martin Bashir thread.

Midas on June 6, 2013 at 12:09 AM

I had that happen a couple of times, too; and found that just refreshing the page corrected the situation.

(until the next time)

I think the fault lies with HA, not with us.

Solaratov on June 6, 2013 at 10:20 AM

As Col Potter in the TV Series MASH said often…”Horse Hockey!!!”

logicman_1998 on June 6, 2013 at 10:21 AM

Calling some a Rword works since we have been programmed to be upset about it.

They were jealous when conservatives had the Communist “Cword” to toss at them.

The stifled debate parameters are yet another example of the pernicious operation of our opinion, information and commentary apparatus (academic, media and pop culture).

IlikedAUH2O on June 6, 2013 at 11:13 AM

Someone employed by the network which edited the Zimmerman tape on behalf of Zero’s adopted thug son is complaining of racism? Go figure.

MrKleenexMuscles on June 6, 2013 at 12:48 PM

I’m sorry I was upset by this.

I mistakenly thought we were talking about a REAL journalist.

Pfft, who cares?

Deacon336 on June 6, 2013 at 12:55 PM

And Martin, when Republicans say “You’re a PHVCKING MORON,” they’re really saying “YOU’RE A PHVCKING MORON.”

jpmotu on June 6, 2013 at 1:37 PM

Only racists think in racial terms.

joshlbetts on June 6, 2013 at 3:51 PM

If I had a son he’d be an IRS.

-B. H. Obama

Bubba Redneck on June 6, 2013 at 2:13 AM

Or alternatively:

‘IRS is like my son’

B.H. Obama

jimver on June 6, 2013 at 5:11 PM

Why is it “racist” to disagree with IRS bullying during the administration of a White African American president?

Axeman on June 6, 2013 at 6:23 PM

jpmotu on June 6, 2013 at 1:37 PM

Actually all references to F—— Morons are veiled references to Martin Bashir.

Sshhh.

Axeman on June 6, 2013 at 6:24 PM

Does he mean “Immoral Radical Slimeball”?

Axeman on June 6, 2013 at 6:35 PM

Vile little man

Tomolena1 on June 7, 2013 at 3:49 PM

Caption contest:

MSNBC

“Multiple Stoned Numbskulls Blowing Crack”

NoPain on June 7, 2013 at 7:21 PM

Simple question..We all know the above is true..what doe sit take to get impeached, and not a fake impeachment like Clintons???

malkinmania on June 9, 2013 at 8:29 AM