Open thread: Sunday morning talking heads

posted at 8:01 am on June 2, 2013 by Allahpundit

What’s a Sunday-morning chat-show producer to do with a week of news as slow as this one? Simple: Book the regulars to discuss all the regular topics. Chuck Schumer and Mike Rogers will be on NBC to make the case for amnesty and intervening in Syria, respectively; Darrell Issa will hit CNN to talk Holder and the IRS while David Plouffe joins ABC to explain why Scandalmania is a figment of your wingnut imagination; and McCain will appear on CBS to argue the opposite of a slew of prudent policy positions. Look for a little extra dumping on Rand Paul and Ted Cruz from him this week over the debt ceiling.

If you’re going to devote time to any of this, stick with “Fox News Sunday” for their interview with House Judiciary Committee chair Bob Goodlatte. At this point, all the hype about Rubio aside, he might be the single most important member of Congress when it comes to the fate of immigration reform. If he’s starting to cave to the Gang of Eight, we could get an inkling of it this morning. The full line-up is at Politico.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2

My friends….

Curtiss on June 2, 2013 at 8:11 AM

I’m not your friend, buddy….

HDFOB on June 2, 2013 at 8:21 AM

GAYS /GUNS /AMNESTY!!!

Back to the media jihad this week after that Holder thingy.

Mr. McCain, the border wasn’t even secure while you and Chuck Schumer stood there?
And you expect the American people to buy into the lies of the Big Business donors you work for and offer EVEN MORE INCENTIVES for Mexican lawbreakers to piss on our nations sovereignty?

POUND FREAKING SAND, you and anyone who supports the traitorous AMNESTY you are pushing!!!

PappyD61 on June 2, 2013 at 8:21 AM

Dear God please don’t do it, there’s no reason to cave to anything this effin’ clown and his cronies want with all the scandals going on.

gsherin on June 2, 2013 at 8:23 AM

good morning folks

mccain…ugharoo

scandals, schmandels
-plouffe

and the lsm will fall in line…

cmsinaz on June 2, 2013 at 8:26 AM

“Newsmakers” on C-SPAN
• R

“Political Capital” on Bloomberg TV
• Crony Lib

“Al Punto” on Univision
• R

Gotta say, this is about as good a day for diversity of opinion as I’ve ever seen from the Dem Propaganda Machine. ABC and CBS tie for worst, as they often do, with not a single mainstream conservative voice, and the left fringe well represented.

But not bad.

Jaibones on June 2, 2013 at 8:28 AM

The usual cast and crew, saying the same things they did a year ago.

I call it nagging. I don’t know about you, but I don’t respond well to being nagged.

Liam on June 2, 2013 at 8:28 AM

A cross-thread note about the queer-centric Sunday morning shows: while gays might make up 1-3% of the general population, they must make up 25% of the network television machinery. Dems seems to fall into one of three evenly split groups – straight, closeted, or out.

Repugs must be at or near 10% gay. No wonder the political world spends so much energy on this fringe world.

Jaibones on June 2, 2013 at 8:31 AM

morning liam :)

cmsinaz on June 2, 2013 at 8:32 AM

There has been many a day (actually a lot of them) where you sincerely wish that on the day he left the Navy, John McCain had decided to pursue a civilian career as a businessman, or a lawyer, or a store owner, or a university professor, even a best-selling novelist; anything but a Senator.

Because since the day he was elected of office, McCain has proven he is nothing but a shiftless RINO career politician that could switch parties as did his good buddy Arlen Spector at any given moment.

The man should just retire or be retired! But either way, I think people have now had more than their fill of him!

pilamaye on June 2, 2013 at 8:33 AM

morning liam :)

cmsinaz on June 2, 2013 at 8:32 AM

Happy Sunday!

Liam on June 2, 2013 at 8:34 AM

Hey, let’s create new laws we won’t enforce…pure awesomeness.

hillsoftx on June 2, 2013 at 8:38 AM

Jaibones on June 2, 2013 at 8:31 AM

Don’t get me started. The local ‘pride’ thing is set for later, and it gets in the way of me conducting my personal business that has nothing to do with sodomites.

Liam on June 2, 2013 at 8:39 AM

McCain should be taking care of the men and women he already has deployed before advocating another front.

Marines going to MRE’s.

hawkdriver on June 2, 2013 at 8:39 AM

c’mon you know they are going to bring up the fox cavemen: erickson, williams and dobbs again…red meat for the lefties…

cmsinaz on June 2, 2013 at 8:40 AM

Marines going to MRE’s.

hawkdriver on June 2, 2013 at 8:39 AM

McCain needs to get lost. I’m a vet from years ago. You’re active-duty. I don’t you or any else of you people going into a needless war for the likes of McCain.

Joke him if he can’t take a fVck.

Liam on June 2, 2013 at 8:41 AM

cmsinaz on June 2, 2013 at 8:40 AM

Lefties eat meat? (all homosexual puns in operation here)

Liam on June 2, 2013 at 8:42 AM

Just spent a few hours reading most the Nov 6th Hot Air election result archives. The commentary sections from start to finish is GOLD I tell ya.

HotAirLib on June 2, 2013 at 8:46 AM

Top media questions of the Sunday morning:

Given the fact that Obama is so brilliant and ethical, why has he had trouble responding to these scandals?

At what point will the Republicans officially overplay their hand?

Will these scandals wind up hurting the Republicans in 2014?

TarheelBen on June 2, 2013 at 8:46 AM

Joke him if he can’t take a fVck.

Liam on June 2, 2013 at 8:41 AM

Not me, Liam. I’m retired going on my third year now.

hawkdriver on June 2, 2013 at 8:48 AM

Why are liberals so utterly incapable of taking care of their own needs without the aid of their government? Why are liberals incapable of winning political contest without oppressing their adversaries and rigging elections?

hawkdriver on June 2, 2013 at 8:51 AM

Not me, Liam. I’m retired going on my third year now.

hawkdriver on June 2, 2013 at 8:48 AM

Good. At least you’re not in reserves any longer to get called up for McCain’s next war. You did your bit for God and Country.

I always wanted to be a helicopter pilot, but my eyesight went to crap when I was seven. I always wanted to do more than I was able.

Thanks, Pilot!

Liam on June 2, 2013 at 8:52 AM

HotAirLib on June 2, 2013 at 8:46 AM

A pox on you and your fraud of a pResident.

Key West Reader on June 2, 2013 at 8:53 AM

hawkdriver on June 2, 2013 at 8:51 AM

They’re liberals. Were they able to do the opposite of what they do all the time, they wouldn’t be liberals.

It’s like asking a seven year old, “Why are you a child at age seven?”

Liam on June 2, 2013 at 8:54 AM

I never thought I’d live to see so much corruption in my government. We’re really no different anymore than some third world country with a dictator. obama is a depot. A Brown-shirt, using the full weight of the most powerful agency of the US Government to oppress his fellow citizens and control his opposition.

The most clearly defined abuse of power in the history of the US Presidency.

hawkdriver on June 2, 2013 at 8:56 AM

TarheelBen on June 2, 2013 at 8:46 AM

spot on, no sarc tag needed.

cmsinaz on June 2, 2013 at 8:56 AM

HotAirLib on June 2, 2013 at 8:46 AM

Today is June 2, eight months later.

YOU are wanted, accepted, and relevant among here today, right now — how…?

Liam on June 2, 2013 at 8:56 AM

Is Abobo the only one seeing enhanced text ads? How will we know when a link is just a link?

abobo on June 2, 2013 at 8:57 AM

hawkdriver on June 2, 2013 at 8:56 AM

I don’t know how old you might be, Pilot, but I was born before there was a space program. This is hell for me.

Liam on June 2, 2013 at 8:58 AM

hawkdriver on June 2, 2013 at 8:51 AM

because they’ve gotten away with it for so bloody long, they know they still can with this lsm…what fraud? p-shaw

cmsinaz on June 2, 2013 at 8:59 AM

David Fluff: the fluffer nutter that keeps on giving talking points

onlineanalyst on June 2, 2013 at 8:59 AM

Liam on June 2, 2013 at 8:52 AM

Thanks. After 34, they prefer you not still fall under IRR. You’re too expensive to keep repaired well enough to fly.

BTW, you should be grateful to not have become a helicopter pilot in the Air Force. They are really pretty close to being Red-Headed step kinds. Great Americans though. The Pedros knew no fear.

KWR, all that one has left is thread jacking since it cannot defend the actions of this administration. It even acts like it likes what the administration is doing to us. Best we just ignore. All it has left is succeeding in distracting us.

I hope you are well.

hawkdriver on June 2, 2013 at 9:00 AM

boring troll is boring

22044 on June 2, 2013 at 9:00 AM

mr darrel ‘all talk’ issa coming up on candy’s show

cmsinaz on June 2, 2013 at 9:01 AM

David Fluff: the fluffer nutter that keeps on giving talking points

onlineanalyst on June 2, 2013 at 8:59 AM

If it’s who you mean I think it is, it’s pronounced Ploo-fay.

A dip of the wrist is also required, for emphasis.

Liam on June 2, 2013 at 9:01 AM

lol

obama is a depot …

No one wanted to jump on that?

“despot”

hawkdriver on June 2, 2013 at 9:02 AM

HotAirLib on June 2, 2013 at 8:46 AM

RogerB doesn’t require your help and would be insulted that you are vying to be a protege.

nobar on June 2, 2013 at 9:02 AM

I have been in the woods and out of the news. The wife-unit was telling me there was some news about MSNBC ratings being bad. Anyone have the low-down?

hawkdriver on June 2, 2013 at 9:04 AM

candy does her best tingles impression, interrupting her gop guests…gregory does it as well…LET THEM TALK for cripe sakes…

cmsinaz on June 2, 2013 at 9:05 AM

I hope you are well.

hawkdriver on June 2, 2013 at 9:00 AM

I’d have been satisfied being WO on a gunship. Long as I could have racked up flight time.

Odd thing is, I’m acrophobic. Perfect way to get rid of that problem.

I’m good, Colleague. Thanks! All good things to you and yours!

Liam on June 2, 2013 at 9:05 AM

hawkdriver on June 2, 2013 at 8:51 AM

Because they’ve lost their sense of honor. For example, you mention oppressing their adversaries and rigging elections. A lot of people don’t think that’s wrong if it’s done with good intentions. Progressive good intentions are ruining this country. Honor is already gone.

Curtiss on June 2, 2013 at 9:05 AM

cmsinaz on June 2, 2013 at 8:59 AM

They’re covering it a bit, (a bit grudgingly).

hawkdriver on June 2, 2013 at 9:06 AM

The most clearly defined abuse of power in the history of the US Presidency.

hawkdriver on June 2, 2013 at 8:56 AM

I would put Lincoln’s suspensions of all ten amendments in the Bill of Rights in the pole position. This thug comes a close second or third, imo.

abobo on June 2, 2013 at 9:07 AM

boy candy is trying to separate washington folks (aka WH) from cincinnati folks on this irs scandal…

good lapdog

cmsinaz on June 2, 2013 at 9:07 AM

cmsinaz on June 2, 2013 at 9:05 AM

Candy is reason why no one should ever want to bother with any kind of candy. Candy is obviously bad for your health.

Liam on June 2, 2013 at 9:07 AM

hawkdriver on June 2, 2013 at 9:06 AM

very grudgingly….

cmsinaz on June 2, 2013 at 9:08 AM

Now trending on Twitter: #BarackObysmal’sNextBook

Some apt titles here

onlineanalyst on June 2, 2013 at 9:08 AM

Liam on June 2, 2013 at 9:07 AM

cmsinaz on June 2, 2013 at 9:09 AM

HotAirLib on June 2, 2013 at 8:46 AM

Target is having a sale on brains today only. Hurry and get one.

darwin on June 2, 2013 at 9:09 AM

issa wont say that holder lied to congress

c’mon man…geez

cmsinaz on June 2, 2013 at 9:12 AM

Target is having a sale on brains today only. Hurry and get one.

darwin on June 2, 2013 at 9:09 AM

Like HAL can spell ‘Target’.

Toys я US has that backward ‘R’ for a reason, you know.

Liam on June 2, 2013 at 9:13 AM

good lapdog

cmsinaz on June 2, 2013 at 9:07 AM

If she’s a lapdog, that must be one heck of a lap. Ooof.

Naturally Curly on June 2, 2013 at 9:14 AM

issa wont say that holder lied to congress

c’mon man…geez

cmsinaz on June 2, 2013 at 9:12 AM

You’re exasperated, not surprised.

Liam on June 2, 2013 at 9:15 AM

Liam on June 2, 2013 at 9:05 AM

I am glad you are well. I’m hopeful we all stay well. But I was actually directing that at Key West Reader with her illness. I hope that is all good news for us. I am not on much and see little of her comments.

I am also afraid of heights, in a manner. When I was a crew chief and flight engineer, I was fine if I were tethered by my monkey harness. When I went through Air Assault School, I was fine on a Rappel rope and Swiss Seat. If my skinny butt is strapped to a cockpit seat I am fearless of any distance from the ground.

This last week through, putting log siding on the new garage on the GCs scaffolding I borrowed, had me clawing at the eaves, open windows and anything I could keep my hands on to steady myself. I am as unsteady as you can be up off the ground untethered and relying on my own two feet. (There must be some government grant I qualify for). One of our liberal trolls would be an expert on government handouts, where should I go?

hawkdriver on June 2, 2013 at 9:15 AM

Curtiss on June 2, 2013 at 9:05 AM

Honor is gone. They see us as subhuman and to them, the end justifies the means. Liam just linked to a teacher who was honestly calling for the US Military to attack, capture, kill, execute NRA members.

WTF are these people?

hawkdriver on June 2, 2013 at 9:18 AM

Hawkdriver:

The soft start for All In With Chris Hayes has not helped. Hayes, down 32 percent in total viewers from The Ed Show last May, has offered a poor lead-in for MSNBC’s primetime flagship, The Rachel Maddow Show, at 9 p.m. The show delivered its lowest-rated month since it debuted in September 2008 (717,000 total viewers) and its second lowest with adults 25-54 (210,000). Maddow was topped by typical time slot victor Sean Hannity and CNN’s Piers Morgan.

CW on June 2, 2013 at 9:19 AM

Naturally Curly on June 2, 2013 at 9:14 AM

lol

Liam on June 2, 2013 at 9:15 AM

i wish just one gop would actually say the truth, he lied period and let the lsm go ape$h!t….

cmsinaz on June 2, 2013 at 9:20 AM

Key West, in case you missed it, I do hope you are well. We need your comments here.

hawkdriver on June 2, 2013 at 9:20 AM

hawkdriver on June 2, 2013 at 9:15 AM

I’m fine long as I’m enclosed. I just never had enough practice at being in heights.

Twenty years ago, I wanted to take up skydiving to get over it. Nothing says, “You’re crazy,” like being acrophobic and diving out of a perfectly good airplane.

I’m too old for that now. I think I prefer keeping my feet where the terra is more firma.

Liam on June 2, 2013 at 9:21 AM

hawkdriver on June 2, 2013 at 9:00 AM

Hawk, thanks on behalf of my cousin. He just retired after twenty as crew chief and PR on HH-60s, 563rd Rescue Group, Davis-Monthan. Deployed to Iraq and AFPAK, by the grace of G-d never got hit. Also pulled beaucoup SARs for lost hikers and mountain climbers Stateside. Wife and two great kids, hardcore deer hunter, and now he’s a project manager at Sikorsky.

PS- raised by a single mom, but he had a great grand-dad, who was there 24/7.

cheers

eon

eon on June 2, 2013 at 9:21 AM

awww here we go, breadwinner moms, erik erickson quote coming in 3..2..1

cmsinaz on June 2, 2013 at 9:21 AM

hawkdriver on June 2, 2013 at 9:20 AM

didn’t know …dang it…

cmsinaz on June 2, 2013 at 9:22 AM

cmsinaz on June 2, 2013 at 9:20 AM

Politicians and truth are diametrically opposed concepts.

You know — an oxymoron like the term ‘military intelligence’.

Liam on June 2, 2013 at 9:23 AM

hawkdriver on June 2, 2013 at 8:51 AM

Short answer is most of America prefer our ideology over yours.

Question- how come tea billies always whine about election fraud when they lose? Liberals lost in 2010 due to most people not voting but you don’t hear us chalking that loss to fraud do you?

HotAirLib on June 2, 2013 at 9:23 AM

eon on June 2, 2013 at 9:21 AM

Your cousin was AF Rescue? Those pilots got guts.

Liam on June 2, 2013 at 9:24 AM

HotAirLib on June 2, 2013 at 9:23 AM

You don’t need to. you whine and simper about everything else all the time. Don’t consider yourself a ‘hero’ because you missed one.

Liam on June 2, 2013 at 9:26 AM

Liam on June 2, 2013 at 9:23 AM i hear ya…maybe that is why the lsm hates cruz so much

cmsinaz on June 2, 2013 at 9:26 AM

CW on June 2, 2013 at 9:19 AM

Those are awful numbers for them. So when does Atlanta’s Hartsfield-Jackson Airport switch over to a news channel like Fox that people actually watch?

hawkdriver on June 2, 2013 at 9:27 AM

the wh is focused on the economy and the congress is focused on everything else
-candy

riiiiggghhhhttt

cmsinaz on June 2, 2013 at 9:27 AM

HotAirLib on June 2, 2013 at 9:23 AM

Oh, wait!

We have been hearing you crybaby liberals for thirteen years on one certain election I recall.

Liam on June 2, 2013 at 9:28 AM

HotAirLib on June 2, 2013 at 9:23 AM

Oh please, you jackwads are still crying over Bush/Gore.

BeachBum on June 2, 2013 at 9:28 AM

HotAirLib on June 2, 2013 at 9:23 AM

If you can’t manage to crank out a comment without name-calling, I’m going to say fu to your comments. But if America is so into your ideology, why do you have to oppress your opponents and rig elections?

hawkdriver on June 2, 2013 at 9:29 AM

why do you have to oppress your opponents and rig elections?

hawkdriver on June 2, 2013 at 9:29 AM

To make it ‘fair’, a ‘level playing field’.

Liam on June 2, 2013 at 9:29 AM

WTF are these people?

hawkdriver on June 2, 2013 at 9:18 AM

We used to call them fanatics. They prefer to be called “enlightened”. They are certain that they are Right, and Perfect, therefore anyone who is different from them in any way is Evil, and must be destroyed to usher in Utopia. With them in absolute control.

(Because nobody else can possibly be Right, or Smart, or Good Enough, and they don’t like having to listen to anyone else, anyway.)

Trotsky or Heydrich (two other “academics”) would have understood them perfectly. And recognized them as kindred spirits.

clear ether

eon

eon on June 2, 2013 at 9:29 AM

Lefties eat meat? (all homosexual puns in operation here)

Liam on June 2, 2013 at 8:42 AM

HotLips on June 2, 2013 at 8:46 AM

…and then…one looking for a meal for its Lips…is right behind you!

KOOLAID2 on June 2, 2013 at 9:30 AM

I just heard Goodlatte and it sounded like, in so many words, that he doesn’t want a pathway to citizenship.

This bill needs to be stopped in Senate and it will be voted on June 10. There are so many vomit inducing provisions in this bill, that it makes Obamacare look like something Goldwater would have authored.

States are guaranteed the right to offer in-­state tuition to future illegal aliens.
Future detained illegal aliens are guaranteed legal representation through new “legal orientation programs” (aka we pay for their attorneys)

And on and on and on. This S. 744 Oversized-Amnesty & Immigration Super-Surge bill would give out nearly half as many green cards in a single decade as every person who has permanently settled in this country over the previous FOUR CENTURIES — since the founding of Jamestown in 1607.

4 Big Problems with S. 744

Top 40 reasons to oppose the bill.

TxAnn56 on June 2, 2013 at 9:30 AM

Mornin’ everybody…

Enjoy…

Daily Telegraph Poll: 86% Want To Repeal UK Handgun Ban

workingclass artist on June 2, 2013 at 9:31 AM

hawkdriver on June 2, 2013 at 9:18 AM

They are irrational haters.

They think every gun owner is the farmer(s) at the end of the film Easy Rider who gunned down the ‘heroes”.

They think, with NO evidence, the NRA guys are the problem.

My reactionary friend just got back from Chicago and thinks we need a reservation system to put the gangs somewhere since nothing else is working. We are spending ourselves into a hole on patrol police fighting a problem which is just thriving with 400 (or 500!) gangs operating and fighting each other in the present system.

Notice how the left ignores that problem due to the source of present and future Democratic votes.

IlikedAUH2O on June 2, 2013 at 9:31 AM

BTW HAL, I actually did see you complaining. Here’s a good run-down.

Why liberals think they lost 2010.

And from the people who chalk everything they fail at to racism …

Please.

hawkdriver on June 2, 2013 at 9:31 AM

Your cousin was AF Rescue? Those pilots got guts.

Liam on June 2, 2013 at 9:24 AM

Yeah, but as he always points out, he was the GIB (Guy In Back), flight crew chief and jumper. As he puts it, he got to do the fun stuff, while the guys up front just got to drive the bird.

And yes, he has a weird sense of humor. Drives his wife nuts. :-)

cheers

eon

eon on June 2, 2013 at 9:33 AM

It still doesn’t answer the question as to why liberals are so utterly incapable of providing their own means. Why are they so dependent on the government.

hawkdriver on June 2, 2013 at 9:33 AM

hawkdriver on June 2, 2013 at 9:31 AM

If HAL starts singing Daisy, I’m calling you in for a protective reaction airstrike with a daisy cutter.

Liam on June 2, 2013 at 9:34 AM

HotLips on June 2, 2013 at 9:23 AM

hawkdriver on June 2, 2013 at 9:29 AM

…I think that herpes head…. prolley works for the IRS….

KOOLAID2 on June 2, 2013 at 9:35 AM

eon on June 2, 2013 at 9:21 AM

No question. Pedros rock.

hawkdriver on June 2, 2013 at 9:35 AM

eon on June 2, 2013 at 9:33 AM

Brass, that and like no liberal like HAL could match.

Liam on June 2, 2013 at 9:35 AM

hawkdriver on June 2, 2013 at 9:31 AM

Liam on June 2, 2013 at 9:34 AM

It’s not even staying. Again, all it has left is thread jacking since it knows obama is corrupt and his action cannot be defended. Round two and he beats another smart retreat.

There’s few that deny obama is a crook now. They either ignore or say they’re proud of obama oppressing their fellow citizens by this clear abuse of power.

hawkdriver on June 2, 2013 at 9:38 AM

Short answer is most of America prefer our ideology over yours.

HotAirLib on June 2, 2013 at 9:23 AM

Most liberals … including you, are superficial, scared, ignorant dimwits who have no idea what liberal ideology is. You buy the lies of the left and think fat, corrupt bureaucrats controlling your life while they make themselves fabulously wealthy will result in rainbows, unicorns and skittles shooting out your ass.

darwin on June 2, 2013 at 9:39 AM

unicorns and skittles shooting out your ass.

darwin on June 2, 2013 at 9:39 AM

I’d bet he’s tasted that rainbow.

hawkdriver on June 2, 2013 at 9:41 AM

The left needs to get CSI units working to find all the crimes NRA guys are doing. Those bodies must be somewhere…

Someone should tabulate how much it is costing this nation to keep the gang bangers in jail at $20K to $60K + a head every year.

My problem was that his solution played like the film Escape From New York in my assessment.

I don’t think our do-gooders would ever go for that.

Aside from Chicago gangs, another problem which does not exist for the left is Islamic terror.

We can’t even speak the term. LOL

IlikedAUH2O on June 2, 2013 at 9:43 AM

hawkdriver on June 2, 2013 at 9:38 AM

HAL is just a sniper, a Five O’Clock Charlie. He tosses his liberal stink bombs to earn his pay, then gets out.

If he thinks he’s the epitome of liberalism, he’s right. HE is the reason none of we Conservatives here give genuine credence to the liberal point of view.

Liam on June 2, 2013 at 9:43 AM

HAL has NO PROBLEM with the Democrats cheating. None. That tells you all you need to know about HAL.

CW on June 2, 2013 at 9:44 AM

CW on June 2, 2013 at 9:44 AM

By his own admission, HAL is perfectly fine with oppression of Conservatives. Equal protection under the law is not something he wants allowed.

Then he has the nerve to say we are somehow ‘anti-American’.

Liam on June 2, 2013 at 9:48 AM

…Katie Pavlich is on!…I think I’m going to go Cozmo!

KOOLAID2 on June 2, 2013 at 9:49 AM

Short answer is most of America prefer our ideology over yours.

HotAirLib on June 2, 2013 at 9:23 AM

It is a center right country with a hijacked system (media, academics, pop art/culture) of those who shape opinions.

There is also a component of well meaning left operatives who are bereft of math and strategic assessment skills whom I can turn like playing cards on a table with facts.

IlikedAUH2O on June 2, 2013 at 9:49 AM

CW on June 2, 2013 at 9:44 AM

HAL is very religious and prays daily to the bureaucratic gods. He has an altar set up to worship the IRS god “Lerner”. He makes offerings hoping she’ll keep going after people who aren’t liberals and provide him with big refunds.

darwin on June 2, 2013 at 9:49 AM

darwin on June 2, 2013 at 9:49 AM

What you expect from it?
You know it pays nothing in Federal Income taxes. Gravy train.

CW on June 2, 2013 at 9:52 AM

IlikedAUH2O on June 2, 2013 at 9:31 AM

We already have a de facto “reservation system”, actually. Chicago, NYC, LA, you name it; big cities are their turf, and strictly speaking, the only places they can survive. Especially cities with disarmed populations (read “victims in waiting”).

Here in Ohio, our “gang problems” are in Cleveland, Columbus, Toledo, Cincinnati, and (recently) Dayton. All of which, coincidentally (?), have Chicago-style gun laws. Except Dayton, whose mayor and city council, all Ds, would love to pass such, but the Ohio pre-emption law was passed before they could vote on it. The others have spent eight years fighting that law, and Ohio’s “castle doctrine”, in court. They keep losing, but keep “judge-shopping” for new courts to file in. (Yes, the State Supreme Court is getting a bit short-tempered with them, especially Cleveland and Columbus.)

Here in Lancaster, the fastest way to catch a bank robber/stickup artist/car thief/etc., is to check US 33 North as soon as the alarm goes out. They come down from Columbus to pull some sh!t, and immediately head for home.

When they get to local court with their (Columbus) lawyer, said lawyer (who is used to Columbus judges reacting like trained Cocker Spaniels- “Sit!” “Roll Over!” “Play Dead!” “Turn My Client Loose Without Bail, Right Now!”) is inevitably disbelieving when the judge (high-school classmate of mine) doesn’t release them OR (on recognizance), often orders them held without bail, and then the prosecutor asks the Columbus authorities questions like, “This guy has four probations and a parole’ running in your jurisdiction, so why is he playing around down here?”

Yes, it sometimes feels like being next door to Chicago or NYC in these parts.

clear ether

eon

eon on June 2, 2013 at 9:54 AM

You know it pays nothing in Federal Income taxes. Gravy train.

CW on June 2, 2013 at 9:52 AM

Yet, the trolls come in here all the time and wonder why they are unwelcome outsiders.

Not a one of them is like a single one of us. They see relevance among us all the time, yet they can’t qualify. Then they get p*ssy and wonder why.

Liam on June 2, 2013 at 9:55 AM