Issa: Jay Carney is the administration’s “paid liar” on the IRS scandal

posted at 3:31 pm on June 2, 2013 by Erika Johnsen

Some real talk from House Oversight and Government Reform Committee Chairman Darrell Issa on CNN on Sunday morning, in which he called out the Obama administration’s dismissive attempts to downplay and mislead on the real and coordinated nature of the Internal Revenue Service’s especial targeting of conservative groups. As Ed pointed out yesterday, the administration’s attempts to quell the bipartisan outrage with claims that merely “a few,” low level, and most definitely rogue IRS employees were involved in those seedy political machinations turned out to be, oh, you know, just a casual 88 employees at the least, no big deal or anything. Rep. Issa isn’t at all convinced that this entire scandal wasn’t the result of some distinct nudges straight from Washington, no matter how much they send out White House Press Secretary Jay Carney to spin tales to the contrary, and his committee isn’t planning on letting up. Via NRO:

“The administration is still — their paid liar, their spokesperson, picture behind,” Issa said on CNN’s State of the Union this morning, where the set has a picture of Carney behind host Candy Crowley, “he’s still making up things about what happen[ed] and calling this local rogue.”

“The reason that Lois Lerner tried to take the fifth [amendment] is not because there’s a rogue in Cincinnati,” he added. “It’s because this is a problem that was coordinated. in all likelihood, right out of Washington headquarters.”

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2

Obamabringers, may he fluke you into oblivion, for eternity.

Schadenfreude on June 2, 2013 at 5:01 PM

What — no liberals to beat me up?

Liam on June 2, 2013 at 5:02 PM

You hate us, yet you keep coming in where we don’t want you.

Sign of an abuser.

Liam on June 2, 2013 at 4:04 PM

Sign of someone who probably isn’t taken seriously anywhere else. This might be as close as he gets to authentic attention.

Cleombrotus on June 2, 2013 at 5:06 PM

I call on HAL, libfree, nonpartisan — Everyone of you come at me. Let’s see what we all got.

Liam on June 2, 2013 at 4:59 PM

You need to calm down sweetie. You sound like you are about to pop a vein. It’s not even that serious.

HotAirLib on June 2, 2013 at 5:08 PM

Cleombrotus on June 2, 2013 at 5:06 PM

All the trolls around here are abusive personalities.

We Conservatives get along very well with each other. The only problem that might arise is wen and if a liberal imposes himself.

Liam on June 2, 2013 at 5:09 PM

HotAirLib on June 2, 2013 at 5:08 PM

Did my poking fun and rejection of YOU prick a nerve there, babylove?

Whatsa matta — Can’t cope with being called on you stuff?

Liam on June 2, 2013 at 5:11 PM

HotAirLib on June 2, 2013 at 5:08 PM

Did my poking fun and rejection of YOU hit a nerve there, babylove?

Whatsa matta — Can’t cope with being called on you stuff?

Liam on June 2, 2013 at 5:12 PM

You really should stop the Dowderisation and lying. Your pathetic attempts are so easily destroyed.

Resist We Much on June 2, 2013 at 4:33 PM

No lying here. I am only repeating what you said pre Nov 6th. You were more than proud to make the statement of crawling over broken glass to vote for Mitt. You were so confident he was going to win weren’t you? You thought most Americans agreed with your backwards ideology.

I will give you this, you also made some comments hedging your desire God forbid you didn’t get your wish of president Romney. A true “independent libertarian” indeed.

HotAirLib on June 2, 2013 at 5:15 PM

HotAirLib on June 2, 2013 at 5:08 PM

It’s not like YOU matter around here, honybooboo.

We don’t like YOU. We don’t welcome YOU.

We don’t WANT YOU.

YOU are just a playtoy to me. YOU exemplify liberals and liberalism.

that pretty much cover it all, and YOU.

Liam on June 2, 2013 at 5:16 PM

Did my poking fun and rejection of YOU hit a nerve there, babylove?

Whatsa matta — Can’t cope with being called on you stuff?

Liam on June 2, 2013 at 5:12 PM

Lol. Yes you got to me.

Just take it easy. It’s not that serious.

HotAirLib on June 2, 2013 at 5:17 PM

Can hardly wait for the faux outrage from The Chosen One. How dare Issa call Carney a liar. Carney is just mouthing the words given to him from Barry and Valarie.

Why it’s as though Issa is calling Barry and Valarie liars!

Oh, wait.

GarandFan on June 2, 2013 at 5:18 PM

HotAirLib on June 2, 2013 at 5:15 PM

YOU are not welcome among us. And, most especially, YOU fail your own side.

Going by all your own posts, YOU are an abuser.

going by your own posts, there is something very seriously wrong with YOU.

Liam on June 2, 2013 at 5:19 PM

Lol. Yes you got to me.

Just take it easy. It’s not that serious.

HotAirLib on June 2, 2013 at 5:17 PM

In other words, YOU are not that ‘serious’. YOU are just a joke, tonever care about.

YOU aren’t worth loving.

YOU aren’t worth listening to.

Am I on your page?

Liam on June 2, 2013 at 5:20 PM

C’mon, HAL. You just said YOU are not worth loving.

I can see that.

Liam on June 2, 2013 at 5:23 PM

*Troll does what trolls do.

CW on June 2, 2013 at 5:24 PM

$64,000 question in these, WHERE IS JOE BIDEN??!? Was he involved in these scandals, or are they hiding him, beause they know that obama wil have to step down. Biden has not been seen or heard from publicly since all this started Hmmmmmmmmm!

ConservativePartyNow on June 2, 2013 at 5:24 PM

HotAirLib on June 2, 2013 at 5:15 PM

Again, I made it quite clear that I would ‘crawl over broken glass’ to vote AGAINST OBAMA. Period.

As I have demonstrated before, I started attacking Romney on my blog in December of 2011:

Mitt Romney: Flip-Flopping Away, Flip-Flopping Away. You Know The Weaker Your Foundation, The More You’ll Be Flip-Flopping Away.

You were so confident he was going to win weren’t you?

No. The closest statement to a prediction that I made was on a QOTD thread between 15 October and 31 October wherein I stated that Romney would either win by 4-5% or Obama would win by 2-3%. You can go look it up.

You thought most Americans agreed with your backwards ideology.

Luv, I don’t think that most Americans – whether they vote or not – agree with me. They believe that the laws of economics and math do not apply. I know otherwise. I’ve seen it in practise.

You will give me more than that. I made the exact same sentiment clear since the first time that I posted on HotAir.

I didn’t vote ‘for’ a Republican, I vote AGAINST OBAMA. Yes, I could have voted for the Libertarian candidate, but I knew he HAD NO FVCKING CHANCE. If my intent was to defeat Obama, voting for Gary Johnson was not going to do that.

So, continue to lie about my statements. Just know that you will be rebutted each and every time with posts I made prior to the election proving that you are nothing more than a lying hack.

Resist We Much on June 2, 2013 at 5:25 PM

*Troll does what trolls do.

CW on June 2, 2013 at 5:24 PM

Trolls are self-defeating entities.

Liam on June 2, 2013 at 5:25 PM

This post doesn’t interest libcommieordie because there’s no racial angle.

darwin on June 2, 2013 at 3:38 PM

Never fear!

Liveasaslaveanddie can always invent a racialist angle to latch onto.

Its racism and ‘victimhood’ is all that sustains it.

Solaratov on June 2, 2013 at 5:25 PM

ConservativePartyNow on June 2, 2013 at 5:24 PM

I’m guessing Uncle Joe can’t get down the talking points. He’s probably in a dark little room with fake charts, graphs and timelines, being crammed full of lies and deception but he just can’t keep them all straight. The truth keeps slipping out when they quiz him.

Fallon on June 2, 2013 at 5:28 PM

C’mon, HAL!

Prove to us all how great YOU are.

Liam on June 2, 2013 at 5:28 PM

…”is” s/b …’are”…

Solaratov on June 2, 2013 at 5:28 PM

YOU are not worth loving, HAL.

Liam on June 2, 2013 at 5:29 PM

HAL and the Trolls will do anything to avoid talking about the misdeeds of the obama regime.

In Internet slang, a troll (/ˈtroʊl/, /ˈtrɒl/) is someone who posts inflammatory,[1] extraneous, or off-topic messages in an online community, such as a forum, chat room, or blog, with the primary intent of provoking readers into an emotional response[2] or of otherwise disrupting normal on-topic discussion

CW on June 2, 2013 at 5:29 PM

American errand boy

Schadenfreude on June 2, 2013 at 5:33 PM

The trolls would rather talk about the success of this President.

Small and medium-size businessowners do not have any immediate plans to staff up, a new report says. Just one-quarter of the business owners surveyed said they have hired new employees or will hire new employees before the end of the year.

Oh wait….

just ferget it.

CW on June 2, 2013 at 5:33 PM

No lying here. I am only repeating what you said pre Nov 6th.

HotAirLib on June 2, 2013 at 5:15 PM

Really?

So, 17 September 2012 came AFTER 6 November 2012 on your calendar???

I’m a libertarian. I have no love for the Republican Party, especially the platform committee. Recently, someone from the RNC rang and wanted to talk to me about a donation (because I’ve maxed out on some candidates and have given oodles to Super Pacs so I guess I’m on the call list now). I told him that I was busy. He asked when it would be convenient for him to call again. I said, “When the Stupid Party quits being stupid, stops being the party of spending-n-warring, emancipates itself from people like Rove, Romney, McShame, Boehner, McConnell, the Bushes, Powell, Santorum, Gingrich, etc.” As much as I loathe the current GOP, you couldn’t do anything to prevent me from voting against Obama in November and I live in a deep blue state so my vote really will be irrelevant. I mean it: I’ll crawl over broken glass.

So, 19 September 2012 came AFTER 6 November 2012 on your calendar???

I am not voting FOR Romney. I am voting AGAINST Obama.

Resist We Much on September 19, 2012 at 4:59 PM

So, 25 October 2012 came AFTER 6 November 2012 on your calendar?

Hot Air, 25 October 2012:

As I have repeatedly said on this site, I am neither a Republican nor a Conservative. I am not even a Romney fan. I am a libertarian and registered independent, who lives in a very deep blue state; yet, I can’t wait to vote against Barack Obama on 6 November 2012. In fact, I will crawl over broken glass to do it.

Resist We Much on October 25, 2012 at 5:02 PM

So, 31 October 2012 came AFTER 6 November 2012 on your calendar?

Hot Air, 31 October 2012:

I’m a libertarian and I’ve been waiting for 4 years to cast my vote against “Mr Social-Justice/When-We-Spread-The-Wealth-Around/At-Some-Point-You’ve-Made-Enough-Money/Take-The-Pain-Pill/Bumps-In-The-Road/The-Future-Must-Not-Belong-To-Those-Who-Slander-The-Prophet-Mohammed/Allahu-Ahkbar=Workplace-Violence/You-Didn’t-Build-That” and I will crawl over broken glass if I have to in order to do so. In fact, I can’t wait!

I don’t think that you have the slightest idea of what a libertarian is.

Resist We Much on October 31, 2012 at 4:23 PM

There are tonnes of more posts expressing the EXACT same sentiment.

You are nothing more than a Dowderising, disingenuous hack.

Resist We Much on June 2, 2013 at 5:33 PM

YOU are not worth loving, HAL.

Liam on June 2, 2013 at 5:29 PM

YOU aren’t even worth caring about. If YOU vanished from the Universe, no one would notice. If some did notice, they would care. Many would be glad YOU are gone.

Liam on June 2, 2013 at 5:34 PM

Fallon on June 2, 2013 at 5:28 PM

I’ll bet your right. Biden’s only role was to assure moderate Dems and independents that Obama was clean.

BuckeyeSam on June 2, 2013 at 5:34 PM

would=wouldn’t

Liam on June 2, 2013 at 5:34 PM

C’mon, HAL! Rip me to shreds!

Let’s see what you got, lllllliberal!

Liam on June 2, 2013 at 5:36 PM

Resist We Much on June 2, 2013 at 5:25 PM

Whatever sweetie! You were more than happy to vote for Mitt Romney and that is the only thing that matters. You probably think you went too far by claiming you will crawl over broken glass to vote for him. Anyway spin all you want but that is the fact.

Question- Who crawls over broken glass to vote for any politician? Definitely not a true independent libertarian. Especially when said “independent libertarian” is loved and adored by anonymous Internet right wing hacks. I’m yet to see any of these far right wing conservatives disagree with said “independent libertarian” on anything.

HotAirLib on June 2, 2013 at 5:38 PM

that Obama was clean.

BuckeyeSam on June 2, 2013 at 5:34 PM

“I mean, you got the first mainstream African-American who is articulate and bright and clean and a nice-looking guy,” he said. “I mean, that’s a storybook, man.”- Joe Biden

Wow he almost talks like a racist.

The left is such a joke.

CW on June 2, 2013 at 5:38 PM

YOU are not worth loving, HAL.

Liam on June 2, 2013 at 5:29 PM

Liam on June 2, 2013 at 5:34 PM

Replying your own posts I see. Lol. Once again take it easy.

HotAirLib on June 2, 2013 at 5:39 PM

HotAirLib on June 2, 2013 at 5:38 PM

YOU have no standing here. We neither like you nor welcome YOU.

RWM owes you nothing.

Liam on June 2, 2013 at 5:40 PM

HAL gawd you boring. Don’t you bore yourself? Blah, blah. Do you ever really say anything. Such a loser. So terribly pathetic.

CW on June 2, 2013 at 5:40 PM

Replying your own posts I see. Lol. Once again take it easy.

HotAirLib on June 2, 2013 at 5:39 PM

But they all come against YOU.

Liam on June 2, 2013 at 5:41 PM

Oh, I forgot to make an admission: Yes, it is true. I wanted ANYONE to beat Obama. Well, obviously, not Ahmadinejad, Chavez, Castro or the Sheila Jackson-Lee-Hank Johnson ticket.

I can’t fvcking stand the man’s policies. Why wouldn’t I vote AGAINST him?

Resist We Much on June 2, 2013 at 5:42 PM

HotAirLib on June 2, 2013 at 5:39 PM

What’s the matter HAL? No cub scout meetings going on to troll for a date tonight? Who ya gonna bring to Cobalt tonight you perv.

BeachBum on June 2, 2013 at 5:43 PM

You are not wanted nor welcome here, HAL.

YOU are the interloper, the person no one one wants.

I bet you are ostracized by your own family.

YOU are an abuser. That is obvious.

Liam on June 2, 2013 at 5:43 PM

Troll doing what trolls do…..what a sad existence.

CW on June 2, 2013 at 5:44 PM

Let’s all make HAL a target.

He is not one of us. He hates us. Why should we stand for an abuser?

Liam on June 2, 2013 at 5:45 PM

I often wonder how the press secretary sleeps at night, having to constantly lie to the American public with a straight face. I hope he has trouble sleeping, serves him right if he does.

D-fusit on June 2, 2013 at 3:43 PM

Drugs. Lots and lots of sweet, sweet drugs.

(And, what do you bet he finishes lil barry’s term with a raging drinking problem? lol)

Solaratov on June 2, 2013 at 5:46 PM

Liam on June 2, 2013 at 5:43 PM

Family for HAL? HA!!! I’m sure his own mother wants no part of him. I don’t doubt that he’s on a sex offender list. He has no one, that’s why he’s here, to vent his hateful spew on the only people who allow him to do it.

BeachBum on June 2, 2013 at 5:47 PM

HotAirLib on June 2, 2013 at 5:38 PM

I didn’t vote FOR Romney. I voted AGAINST Obama, which is EXACTLY what I said that I would do.

No, it is not a fact, but you are more than welcome to go look for posts where I said that I would ‘crawl over broken glass to vote FOR Mitt Romney.’

Question- Who crawls over broken glass to vote for any politician?

I would crawl over broken glass to vote against politicians like Obama…ANY DAY.

First of all, I don’t limit my posting to HA.

Secondly, how many ‘right wing hacks’ love my positions on the death penalty, war, drug decriminalisation, gay marriage, etc?

Very, very few.

Thirdly, you don’t have the slightest clue as to what a libertarian is.

I HATE the Federal government. Obama LOVES it. That makes him my enemy, a position that I am only reciprocating considering he called me an enemy first.

Resist We Much on June 2, 2013 at 5:47 PM

HAL

You keep seeing to be among us. But we reject YOU.

Liam on June 2, 2013 at 5:47 PM

BeachBum on June 2, 2013 at 5:47 PM

I was being polite for once. Kinda-sorta…

Liam on June 2, 2013 at 5:49 PM

HAL

We reject YOU.

YOU are not one of us.

Liam on June 2, 2013 at 5:50 PM

HAL is too busy right now to answer anyone. He’s putting on his lipstick for Stoli Sunday at Cobalt…too bad not even teh gheys will put up with his spew.

BeachBum on June 2, 2013 at 5:50 PM

Oh wait HAL…they won’t allow your date into Cobalt. Cub scouts are too young to get in. Poor HAL.

BeachBum on June 2, 2013 at 5:52 PM

HAL’s polishing the knob this whole time. One ill freak.

CW on June 2, 2013 at 5:53 PM

Resist We Much on June 2, 2013 at 5.47 PM

Whatever makes you sleep at night “luv”

HotAirLib on June 2, 2013 at 5:54 PM

It’s amusing. HAL is still preoccupied with the loser, Mitt Romney, who is worth about $250 million, but will defend to the death the Attorney General, who once secured a pardon for The Biggest Tax Cheat – $300 Million – In American History, the billionaire, Marc Rich.

Resist We Much on June 2, 2013 at 5:55 PM

BeachBum on June 2, 2013 at 5:52 PM

NAMBLA has a lot to say there.

HAL is liberal. Therefor, it’s reasonable to presume HAL is all in favor of NAMBLA.

Liam on June 2, 2013 at 5:55 PM

Whatever makes you sleep at night “luv”

HotAirLib on June 2, 2013 at 5:54 PM

Rejecting YOU the same way the rest of us do.

Liam on June 2, 2013 at 5:56 PM

Liam on June 2, 2013 at 5:55 PM

Exactly, HAL is a child molester and PROUD of it. But it’s Teh Ghey “PRIDE” so that’s ok. PUKE

BeachBum on June 2, 2013 at 5:57 PM

Whatever makes you sleep at night “luv”

HotAirLib on June 2, 2013 at 5:54 PM

LMAO.

Can’t wait to hear your excuse for Eric Holder and the pardon he secured for a white billion, who just so happened to be The Biggest Tax Cheat – $300 Million – In American History.

I bet you haven’t lost a second’s worth of sleep at night over that ‘principled, progressive stand.’

Resist We Much on June 2, 2013 at 5:57 PM

Hey HAL what color lipstick are you wearing for the Drag show tomorrow night? I suggest pink, goes with your pansey personality.

BeachBum on June 2, 2013 at 5:59 PM

ConservativePartyNow on June 2, 2013 at 5:24 PM

Joe was seen in a dark parking garage, meeting clandestinely with two Washington Post reporters. There’s only one way Crazy Joe’s going to become POTUS.

PatMac on June 2, 2013 at 5:59 PM

Let’s talk about YOU, HAL. What are YOU worth around here, How much are YOU welcome and wanted?

Liam on June 2, 2013 at 6:01 PM

Hey HAL…what are you singing at the Karaoke contest on Wednesday night at Cobalt? I betcha you sing Daisy…am I right?

BeachBum on June 2, 2013 at 6:02 PM

YOU, HAL aren’t considered a friend among us.

We are friends. We enjoy each other’s company.

We don’t like YOU.

YOU are an abuser, and we’re not YOUR kind.

Liam on June 2, 2013 at 6:04 PM

Whatever makes you sleep at night “luv”

HotLips on June 2, 2013 at 5:54 PM

…you don’t sleep at night anymore …do you?…you no longer have any nub to rub…do you?

KOOLAID2 on June 2, 2013 at 6:07 PM

C’mon, HAL!

Trash me!

Liam on June 2, 2013 at 6:10 PM

~spits~

Candy cane…

Liam on June 2, 2013 at 6:14 PM

HondaV65 on June 2, 2013 at 4:22 PM

I enjoyed reading your Election Day comments last November. Classic. A principled conservative who doesn’t believe in choosing the lesser of two evils. Hard to find in this day in age.

HotAirLib on June 2, 2013 at 4:28 PM

Awwww. Look at the Obama Voters bonding.

There ya go, Honda. You’ve been validated for your Obama Vote.

kim roy on June 2, 2013 at 6:28 PM

LMAO.

Resist We Much on June 2, 2013 at 5:57 PM

Brain dead, one note morons who can’t read and think usually don’t.

I picture HAL with its fingers in its ears going LALALALALA I CAN’T HEAR YOU.

Waste of time, waste of energy, waste of life.

kim roy on June 2, 2013 at 6:34 PM

I’m with Liam, HAL. I only read your posts for comic relief.

I wish Ed would just squash you finally.

You bring nothing.

I only bring very little, but I keep my mouth shut when I got nothing to add of worth.

All you seem to do is diddle off at being a disruption. Hijacking threads with pithy petty leftard nonsense.

*NOTE* PLEASE EXTERMINATE IT ED.

Thanks in advance.

wolly4321 on June 2, 2013 at 6:36 PM

HotAirLib on June 2, 2013 at 5:38 PM

Lots of us were willing to crawl over broken glass to vote against Obama. Alas, media malfeasance, low information voters, IRS suppression of opposition voices, and fraud conspired to re-elect the marxist destroyer. Even Romney would have been a breath of fresh air compared to the marxist anti-constitution Obama.

/BTW, can I just say how much I HATE the autorefresh this site does? I had a response half complete and it was blown away. … and yes, I’m aware of various plugins — they don’t work on Safari running on the iPad.

AZfederalist on June 2, 2013 at 6:47 PM

Occupy Wall Street Doctor Indicted For Possession of Bomb-making Materials, Illegal Weapons

H/T NorthJersey.com:

A Ridgewood physician has been indicted on charges that he caused the risk of widespread damage by stashing large amounts of bomb-making materials at his home.

Roberto Rivera, 60, also is charged with the criminal possession of two Cobray M11 9mm assault rifles, a stun gun and a large-capacity ammunition magazine that authorities said were found at his home.

The 11-count indictment returned Wednesday by a grand jury in Bergen County also charges Rivera with possessing two other rifles and a .40-caliber handgun despite having been prohibited from possessing firearms because he had previously been committed to an institution for a mental disorder. Prosecutors declined comment on Friday about his commitment to a hospital.

Police said they responded to Rivera’s home on Nov. 16, 2012, on a hazardous-material report and found chemicals in his basement, prompting a Bergen County bomb squad and an FBI terrorism task force to join the search.

They said that as the search continued, they found large amounts of nitric acid, hydrogen peroxide, glycerin, sulfuric acid, calcium hypochlorite and potassium perchlorate — all chemicals that can be used in making explosives. They also said they found 10 pounds of thermite and 10 thermite lighters, which can be used to detonate bombs.

Prosecutors have not commented on Rivera’s motive in collecting the material, whether he had a specific plan or whether he acted alone or with a group. They did, however, say they found folders marked “revolution” and “anarchism” in his home, along with documents on how to make explosives.

Rivera also was quoted in a Bloomberg News report last year voicing his support for Occupy Wall Street protesters.

Obviously, the reporting out of New Jersey is incorrect. Only those ‘racist teabaggers’ are violent or potentially violent.

Resist We Much on June 2, 2013 at 6:50 PM

Here we go again, apparently.

Every. F*cking. Thread.

Bastardized by f*ckwitted trolls. And allowed only in the name of hits, clicks, and another penny or two.

Why the advertisers allow themselves to continue to be blindly milked by this non-traffic; still a mystery.

Well done, HA admins. Well done. Leftist consumer/taxpayer-bilking enterprises are applauding.

Midas on June 2, 2013 at 6:56 PM

It isn’t OH SNAP…all they will talk about is ISSA. Don’t say stuff like that. You can phrase it much better.

tomas on June 2, 2013 at 7:25 PM

tomas on June 2, 2013 at 7:25 PM

If Carney’s a liar (which he is), why not call him one at this point?

Issa’s showing that he’s fed up with being lied to & obstructed, which our side could use a lot more of – we need to go on the offensive more.

Anti-Control on June 2, 2013 at 7:28 PM

Good old Dandy Candy is squirming in her seat as if she has a bad case of itching hemorhoids. “Well, I never!”

onlineanalyst on June 2, 2013 at 7:38 PM

The entire administration is nothing but liars. They would lie even if they weren’t paid to do it. It is in their nature.

LegendHasIt on June 2, 2013 at 7:45 PM

ConservativePartyNow on June 2, 2013 at 5:24 PM

Legend Has it that he had been drinking a lot of iced tea, and was in the restroom when anything illegal took place.

LegendHasIt on June 2, 2013 at 7:48 PM

If the show fits.

I hope Issa didn’t blow this thing right up with that.

Now the paid liars like Candy Cowery will circle the wagons.

Issa doesn’t exactly have kid gloves.

The problem isn’t just Obama, its the whole mafia party that the press is part of.

The bad guys win in DC.

petunia on June 2, 2013 at 7:51 PM

BuckeyeSam on June 2, 2013 at 5:34 PM

Very good point ya got there…

Key West Reader on June 2, 2013 at 7:56 PM

IMPEACHED

TX-96 on June 2, 2013 at 9:29 PM

The progressive agenda is dead. Killed by the persons who have tried to shepherd it along.

Conservatives have to thank them. They have a sycophantic press that continually grabs the ankles every time Obama walks near. Yet they are their own worst enemy. Demanding pro-life groups swear to not picket Planned Parenthood. Demanding the prayers of religious groups; they demand their membership lists, yet NAACP vs Alabama (1958) affirms this as a restriction on freedom of association.

It speaks to the thought that despite their allegations at “evolution”, they live under the fear that their movement is illegitimate. Using these tactics that would make Nixon blush, they hope to secure their positions by restricting the rights of ordinary Americans.

And this is how this scandal is worse than Watergate. Peggy Noonan stated it correctly. Watergate was the powerful versus the powerful, the elite versus the elite. This is the powerful versus the regular American who wishes to exercise his right to petition the government.

So let’s thank the progressives. Through their own insecurities they have managed to torpedo themselves.

Now all that’s left is to smell the fear in their explanations.

itsspideyman on June 2, 2013 at 9:52 PM

Just remember that a “Carney” is someone who hangs out with weirdos and con artists, and may fit one or both categories himself.

“Ladies and Gentlemen! Step right up to the Just Us Brothers, Obama & Holder Show of Shows!”

The Monster on June 2, 2013 at 10:05 PM

Someone asked where Joe is? I’m thinking he can’t get the talking points right. I can see him getting flustered and pulling a Hillary, “What difference does it make a few rogue employees at the IRS wouldn’t give the tea party tax exempt status. WE WON!!!”

bflat879 on June 2, 2013 at 11:02 PM

But Congressman Issa, it isn’t illegal when Democrats do it and the IRS never looks into them:

crosspatch on June 3, 2013 at 2:37 AM

Jay Carney is the administration’s “paid liar” on the IRS scandal

D U H!!

Welcome to ‘State The Obvious’ with your host,House Oversight and Government Reform Committee Chairman Darrell Issa!

easyt65 on June 3, 2013 at 8:17 AM

Oh, but “Joeandmika” –because they are, after all, just one brain on two separate bodies, right?–opined this morning that they were concerned that Issa was discrediting himself. They looked sad, and shook their heads, that Darryl Issa would so discredit himself by calling Carney what he is–a paid liar.

Harold Ford just looked scared out of his mind.

Ahahahahaha!!!

mountainaires on June 3, 2013 at 9:15 AM

Now all that’s left is to smell the fear in their explanations.

itsspideyman on June 2, 2013 at 9:52 PM

If only.

This won’t cost them one vote. It no longer matters what they do, nor what they get caught doing. There are too many takers and too many looters.

The takers and looters will never vote for conservatives. They are easily led to believe conservatives are the most evil people who have ever existed. This is no exaggeration. This is what they now believe, and we will never change their minds. We didn’t have to do one bad thing for them to believe it. We just had to sit by and let ourselves be maligned over a period of decades.

And they outnumber us.

runawayyyy on June 3, 2013 at 9:16 AM

Then there is their CNN paid liar Candy Crowley. Here she tries her best to shield Obama by accusing Issa of cherry picking information and quotes. Of course if the parties were reversed she would simply drop that question out of the interview. The best way that liberal media protect the Democrats is what they DO NOT cover, not what they do!

artman1746 on June 3, 2013 at 9:59 AM

Why pick on Carney? He is only the front man , the rest are the rats in the background. And then there’s Obama, coward, shaking in his boots, stupid as ever, never thinking he would get caught, and doing his “who me” routine, not knowing a blessed thing, contemptible and low beyond normal human understanding.
Worst part is we’ll have to listen to all those Nixon comparisons from the deranged from 40 years ago, as if that’s an excuse.

arand on June 3, 2013 at 11:00 AM

I fail to see the problem with this…Carney is the White House spokesman. He is paid and he is not telling the truth…

????

JIMV on June 3, 2013 at 12:58 PM

Just to connect the dots, if someone hasn’t already in the thread, Wilkins used to represent, wait for it…Jeremiah Wright. Pro-bono no less.

Archimedes on June 4, 2013 at 8:03 AM

Well, at least someone is calling a spade a spade.

mmcnamer1 on June 4, 2013 at 7:23 PM