Quotes of the day

posted at 7:31 pm on May 27, 2013 by Allahpundit

The Gang of Eight immigration bill does not yet have a 60-vote majority in the Senate, according to one of its authors, Sen. Bob Menendez…

A strong majority of 70 votes, [members of the Gang of Eight] believe, is not only possible but necessary to cajole the Republican-controlled House of Representatives to act. Despite his evaluation of the current level of support, Menendez believes that is possible.

“We want to push this bill forward with the most positive votes we can find … so we can put pressure on the House,” he said. “I want to have a good vote in the Senate so we send the message that the Republicans and the Democrats are together in favor of immigration reform.”

***

The Gang of Eight’s strategy for passing immigration reform through the Senate next month is to stick close together through a barrage of tough amendments.

The group plans to meet daily when their bill hits the floor in June and will encourage giving colleagues free rein to offer amendments, according to a person familiar with their discussions.

“Everyone is going to have to take tough votes,” said a member of the group who attended a strategy session Thursday just off the Senate floor…

“We agreed to work together as a team, just as we did on the Judiciary Committee. We want a full and fair debate on the floor, but we’ve also agreed that the core concepts of the bill cannot be undone,” said Sen. Charles Schumer (D-N.Y.), the bill’s lead Democratic sponsor and a member of the gang.

***

Hirono deferred on several of her proposals but chose a different course on a proposal to let U.S. citizens suffering from extreme hardship petition for a sibling or adult married child to immigrate…

“I understand that my amendment is in conflict with the agreement that the Gang of Eight reached on this bill,” she said, adding, “If they were not part of the Gang of Eight, I believe they would support this limited amendment.”…

Schumer and Durbin quickly closed ranks, saying they would oppose Hirono’s proposal reluctantly.

In a gesture to Graham and Flake, Durbin said the two Republicans had “stood by the agreement when it wasn’t easy politically. I feel duty-bound to do the same thing at this moment.”

***

Supporters of comprehensive immigration reform admit that the bill benefited from the IRS scandal in the near term but fear the long term implications of the ongoing investigation into the nation’s tax-collecting agency.

“I think it hurts as it exacerbates distrust in government,” said one source supportive of comprehensive immigration reform. “This is problematic because people on the right need to have confidence government can implement [immigration reform].”

The truth is that the forces opposed to the immigration bill — led by Alabama Sen. Jeff Sessions — were always likely to wait until the legislation hit the Senate floor before making their strongest case against it.

***

Graham and Flake, along with fellow Gang Republicans Marco Rubio and John McCain, have undoubtedly felt some heat for opposing something that 82 percent of Republicans support. But they are sticking with Sen. Charles Schumer and other Democrats, who view any change to legalization-first as a deal killer. Take it out, and the gang’s carefully-crafted agreement is off.

The situation is far different in the House. Talk to the average GOP lawmaker, and he or she will say security simply must come first. On Wednesday, Republican Rep. Bob Goodlatte, chairman of the House Judiciary Committee, said that under the Gang of Eight proposal, a plan for enhanced security “does not have to be complete, or be even more than a fantasy.” That didn’t sound like a man ready to give an inch on security-first. And on Thursday, the entire House GOP leadership released a statement promising “there are numerous ways in which the House will approach [immigration reform] differently.” One of those ways, undoubtedly, will involve security.

A confrontation is coming between those Republicans who will not accept a deal that is legalization-first and those Democrats who will not accept a deal that isn’t. There are a lot of issues that will shape the future of immigration reform, but security first vs. legalization first is the most fundamental one.

***

One possibility is that the House will vote for watered-down reform, including more visas for highly skilled workers. But it likely will not include a way for the undocumented to stay legally and eventually get on a special pathway to U.S. citizenship.

Senate Democrats and even some Senate Republicans say there is no way a comprehensive immigration bill could win final congressional approval without a pathway to citizenship.

“It’s a non-starter,” said Democratic Senator Charles Schumer of New York, a member of the Gang of Eight senators who wrote the bipartisan Senate bill…

“I think the House will pass immigration reform,” said Representative Lamar Smith, a Republican from Texas. “I doubt it will include pathway to citizenship.”

***

Sen. Marco Rubio blocked numerous immigration-enforcement bills when he served as speaker in the Florida House of Representatives from 2007 to 2009.

“Rubio blocked any efforts to deal with the problems of illegal immigration on the local or state level,” one former politician from South Florida, who has known Rubio since his city councilman days in West Miami, told The Daily Caller.

“He said it was because we had bigger things to deal with on the state level. Maybe that’s true. But he didn’t even let bills to the floor when they sailed through committees,” the politician, who declined to speak on the record, added.

Rubio’s record is relevant now because he’s presented himself as a moderate backer for the Democratic-led “Gang of Eight” immigration bill.

***

Rubio knows, as we all do, that the bill’s enforcement provisions could have been significantly stricter in a number of respects. He even said on Hannity’s program that Congress should look at ways of better ensuring that enforcement occurs.

So why didn’t Rubio include such provisions in the bill that he drafted? He knows that the Democrats can’t attain their holy grail of amnesty and a path to citizenship for illegals without Rubio’s participation.

It is simply unconscionable that Rubio agreed to sponsor legislation the efficacy of which he cannot vouch for, on the theory that other, more responsible legislators will make sure the legislation won’t pass if it’s deficient. His stance is only marginally more responsible than Nancy Pelosi’s view that we should pass Obamacare so we can find out what’s in it.

***

As it stands, Rubio’s Hannity performance is puzzling and incoherent. Either he has declined to publicly defend the security provisions of a bill that he himself has formally endorsed, repeatedly backed in public, and continues to back, or he has implicitly withdrawn support for the bill. Does he support his own bill or not? If not, what changes does Rubio believe are required to the security provisions? Why leave this up to 92 other senators? If Rubio agrees that the security provisions need strengthening, he should tell us what he proposes. It’s fine for a senator to say that he’s open to negotiation with his colleagues on a bill that he nonetheless strongly supports in its current form. It’s something else to serve as the key public pitchman for a bill and then turn around and say it shouldn’t pass without unspecified changes to be proposed by someone else…

The bottom line is that we have no business even considering amnesty before our border security system, entitlement system, and assimilation system have all been reformed. Nothing Rubio said last night on Hannity successfully rebutted this claim, while much that he said tended to support it, against the thrust of his own bill. If this is the best case supporters of Schumer-Rubio can make to conservatives, then there is no serious conservative case for this bill.

***

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3 6

Perhaps Ken will get a Bish.

SparkPlug on May 27, 2013 at 7:33 PM

Bishop!

Corporal Tunnel on May 27, 2013 at 7:33 PM

…Rubes rubbing me the wrong way lately!

KOOLAID2 on May 27, 2013 at 7:33 PM

Perhaps Ken will get a Bish.

SparkPlug on May 27, 2013 at 7:33 PM

Bishop!

Corporal Tunnel on May 27, 2013 at 7:33 PM

…maybe not!

KOOLAID2 on May 27, 2013 at 7:34 PM

Bishop!

Corporal Tunnel on May 27, 2013 at 7:33 PM

Almost..

Electrongod on May 27, 2013 at 7:34 PM

Almost..

Electrongod on May 27, 2013 at 7:34 PM

Maybe someday.

Corporal Tunnel on May 27, 2013 at 7:37 PM

Graham and Flake, along with fellow Gang BANG Republicans Marco Rubio and John McCain, have undoubtedly felt some heat for opposing something that 82 percent of Republicans support. But they are sticking with Sen. Charles Schumer and other Democrats, who view any change to legalization-first as a deal killer. Take it out, and the gang’s carefully-crafted agreement is off

…fifm

KOOLAID2 on May 27, 2013 at 7:38 PM

…cat has a babysitter again?

KOOLAID2 on May 27, 2013 at 7:39 PM

Why is Rubio selling himself out? Too much ambition and not enough savvy. He got rolled like a 2nd grader. His credibility has been diminished and, at the very least, he looks wishy-washy to both sides of this debate.

He’s not ready for prime-time folks and he’s not the Conservative champion we were looking for.

Corporal Tunnel on May 27, 2013 at 7:40 PM

Marco Rubio and John McCain, the best allies la Raza and the Muslim Brotherhood/al Qaeda ever had.

VorDaj on May 27, 2013 at 7:42 PM

Amigos – comrades – muchachos – friends, we are gathered here as an edifice of the great glory that is now vanishing and the intuitive feeling, based on the assumption as Mencken once said, “He who underestimates the American public will never go broke.” This is merely a small indication to behold and to perceive that which has gone way into the behind and to that which might project .. I mean go forward … out of the mouth … i mean .. the future…we’ve got to rip up the constitution so we can rip down those outdated borders! This is the main deterrent upon which we have gathered our strength and all the others who say, “What the hell did that get?” – We don’t yet
know.

And as Miller once said in one of his great novels- what did he … that language is only necessary when bilingual communication is endangered. And you sit there bewildered, and Pinter who went further said “It is not the lack of communication, but fear of communication.” That’s what the damn thing is that we fear – communication – especially all the Spanish communication that’s even on a box of Wheaties now. Damn it! And through all this Mark Levin and Rush Limbaugh and Sean Hannity have attained, and have created for themselves serenity, and it is only their cognitive dissonance that is keeping them alive in their mindless absurdity.

Clearly today we must all be aware that political expediency and latino ethnicity takes precedence over rule of law and constitutional procedure. However you say – WTF ! – what does this mean… in relation to the tabulation whereby we must once again realize that the great reconquesta story is now being rehearsed before our very eyes, in the rise of Marco Rubio… indicating that only a two-faced … I mean a bi-faced … I mean a bi-polar … I mean a bi-lingual hombre can receive…the award for reconquesta, unlike Kenyan Hussein Obama whose reconquesta plans don’t drink water.

Senors y Senoritas, Ladies and Gentlemen. The time will come when a first world America will outlive its usefulness. Marx, either Groucho or Karl, I can’t remember which, maybe it was both or maybe it was Harpo, once said that America is the opiate of the people. I say that when America outlives its usefulness and becomes a majority latino nation , then opium…will be the opiate…Ahh that’s not a bad idea… we are going to need that badly especially when the booze runs out …

And the completely unbiased and bi-partisan panel, has determined to give the grand prize to Marco Rubio for his EARNESTY’S RAINBOW. Now EARNESTY’S RAINBOW is a token of this man’s genius…he told me so himself and repeatedly … that he could change perceptions by calling his plan for knocking down those pesky borders EARNESTY …in other words, he could have been more specific, but rather than allude to an articulation of the mundane, he has come to the conclusion that brevity is the importance of our nation’s shallow first world existence. God damn!

Marco Rubio’s . EARNESTY’S RAINBOW – is a small contribution to a certain degree, since there are over seven billion people in the world today. 450 of them … million live in the United States and Mexico which is a very, very small amount compared to those who will be miserable and dying elsewhere…Well, I say that you will be on the road to new horizons, for we who live in a society where citizenship is a commodity and a politician can become a TV personality, it’s not easy to conform if you have any morality…I, I, I said that myself many years ago…

But I do want to thank la Raza…I mean the RNC … I mean the DNC and it’s subsidiary the RNC, the organization for the $1,000 in affirmative action latino scholarships they’ve given out…tonight they took in over $4,000,000, but they do have expenses for their consultants you know, and I think that I have another appointment. I would like to stay here, but for the sake of brevity I, I must leave. I do want to thank you, and I want to thank Marco Rubio – acting el Presidenta of la Raza Mexiamerica and also Mr. Obama – acting Pharaoh and Drone Commander of the World – and also I want to thank Professor Irwin Corey and thank you. …

RasThavas on May 27, 2013 at 7:44 PM

Senator Marco Rubio appeared on a special edition of the Hannity show last night on behalf of the Gang of Eight’s immigration bill, otherwise known as Schumer-Rubio. His case for the bill was unpersuasive and, at times, incoherent.

heh…

bazil9 on May 27, 2013 at 7:45 PM

Just because Rubio is a Judas goat sucking backstabbing fink who lusts for 30 pieces of iron pyrite Dinero is no reason to impugn his character.

SparkPlug on May 27, 2013 at 7:45 PM

bazil9 on May 27, 2013 at 7:45 PM

Hey, I was next. You budged ahead of me and scuffed my hush puppies.

*gets hush puppy brush out of fanny pack*

SparkPlug on May 27, 2013 at 7:49 PM

Now, when I think of Rubio I think of McCain. Rubio is dead to me.

GaltBlvnAtty on May 27, 2013 at 7:50 PM

RedWings/BlackHawks

KOOLAID2 on May 27, 2013 at 7:52 PM

bazil9 on May 27, 2013 at 7:45 PM

Hey, I was next. You budged ahead of me and scuffed my hush puppies.

*gets hush puppy brush out of fanny pack*

SparkPlug on May 27, 2013 at 7:49 PM

As long as you didn’t get your DA mussed.

davidk on May 27, 2013 at 7:53 PM

They are determined to screw America. To turn it into a racial spoils system on the order of Malaysia.

pat on May 27, 2013 at 7:53 PM

Rubio is an enemy of the American Republic and pretty much everything that made the country great. Like Obama, Rubio wants to transform America, and in his case specifically into a third world craphole even worse than his ever more crap hole Miami. He is the prime mover of amnesty, which is shaping up to be Super Amnesty, it’s main faceman and main spokesmouth and needs to be utterly destroyed.

The Three Rubio Leg Clingers, Levin, Limbaugh and Hannity need to chose between their strange perverse loyalty to the anti-American Rubio and their own country. All three, who never seem to tire of congratulating themselves on what great Americans they are, and how much they are against amnesty, and who have gotten very rich from the listenership of people who do not want America to be Rubiomexinized and this is how they repay them and America. The longer they wait to join up in the war against the man who is making war on America, the more my utter contempt for them grows.

For them to say they are against amnesty but Rubio is a good guy is comparable to someone saying he is against Communism but Stalin is a good guy, or they are against Nazism but Hitler is a good guy – utterly absurd. Patton would have them all shot as deserters.

VorDaj on May 27, 2013 at 7:53 PM

Hey, I was next. You budged ahead of me and scuffed my hush puppies.

*gets hush puppy brush out of fanny pack*

SparkPlug on May 27, 2013 at 7:49 PM

waaaaaa. sthu before I put your puppies in my bbq with some kerosene.
xo

bazil9 on May 27, 2013 at 7:55 PM

Ted Cruz’s speech at Hillsdale was as much a pro free-immigration speech as I’ve heard over the past few weeks.

I guess he’s dead to everyone here too.

unclesmrgol on May 27, 2013 at 7:56 PM

Rino + Amnesty = Rinamnesty

I will never vote for Rubio or McCain for any national office. I admit, though, that I did vote for Sarah Palin for Vice President.

Wino on May 27, 2013 at 7:56 PM

Now, when I think of Rubio I think of McCain. Rubio is dead to me.

GaltBlvnAtty on May 27, 2013 at 7:50 PM

When I look at Marco Rubio, now all I see is the face of John McCain looking back at me and I can almost hear, “My friends, my friends …” coming from his mendacious mouth. It has become very clear that Rubio is The Man Who Never Was. He’s just a conman with a no longer very convincing con, so pre-teen girls (and various ‘conservative’ talk show hosts) you can get over your crush on him and now would be a good time.

Since Marco Rubio is now calling amnesty, “earnesty”, I am wondering when he will officially/legally change his name from Marco Rubio to Marco Orwell. He certainly should. Perhaps in the next Batman movie, as the series gets ever more worn out, he can play a composite of the Joker and Two-Face. And since Rubio is Spanish for Blond, maybe he will wear a blood wig as he goes about his quest with Obama Bain for the extinction of the Republic.

Limbaugh, Levin and Hannity, man up you little weenies and choose between your loyalty to Rubio and to America, you can’t have both. If you keep saying he’s a good guy, you are no better than that little worm. Patton would kick all of you right in the ass.

VorDaj on May 27, 2013 at 7:57 PM

Hi Sparky!

KCB on May 27, 2013 at 7:58 PM

First…would anybody trust Mendendez on anything?

Second…Durbin and the crew are well practiced in political theater.

Three…this will be tight. They’ve already got 4 Rs and maybe Hatch…if the Ds hand together at 55, well, that’s it. Maybe some Ds won’t be so brave this time.

Four…our R senate leader really does want a vote….so, my guess is that it goes to the floor and passes with a vote in the mid 50s. McCain, Rubio, Durbin, Schumer and barry do a line dance in the end-zone.

that power gives them such a thrill up their legs…shake ‘em baby

r keller on May 27, 2013 at 7:59 PM

Whether or not the immigration bill passes, Rubio’s presidential aspirations are finished. Many Republicans such as myself will never support Rubio. As for me, I would vote for a Democrat before supporting Rubio who is nothing but Schumer’s b***boy and a traitor to the Republican party. Like McCain, he lied about his true views on immigration in order to win in 2010.

Should the immigration bill proposed by the Gang of Eight become law, both the Republican Party and the country as we know it are through. It is sickening that the moneyed interests within the Republican Party are willing to destroy both in order to gain a few short term profits. Once the floodgates to basically unlimited immigration are opened, the nation can never be restored.

ptolemy on May 27, 2013 at 8:00 PM

We have to let all GOP members of Congress that if they vote for this bill they will lose their seats.

redware on May 27, 2013 at 8:00 PM

Juan McVain and Mucko Wormio.

VorDaj on May 27, 2013 at 8:00 PM

VorDaj on May 27, 2013 at 7:53 PM

I don’t like Rubio because this immigration bill doesn’t do anything to secure the border while giving away amnesty. The Democrats get everything they want in this bill, including lack of enforcement.

Like yourself, I also don’t get why Limbaugh, Hannity and Levin excuse Rubio.

However, I wouldn’t go so far as to call Rubio and ‘enemy’ or a ‘traitor’ like you have, though. That’s ridiculous. I just think he got in over his head and gave away too much to the donks without getting anything in return. He’s ambitious, but he’s an ambitious amateur. Enemy of the Republic? That’s going a little too far.

Corporal Tunnel on May 27, 2013 at 8:02 PM

A House open-ended amnesty bill without a path to citizenship would be more deadly than one with a path. Why? Well if Republicans cave on legal status for illegal aliens who have no right to be here they will at some point cave on citizenship for legalized immigrants. The democrats will repeatedly beat them up politically as 20 million people are permanently barred from voting. There will be protests over ‘hispanic slavery’ because they work, but will never have the right to vote.

Wigglesworth on May 27, 2013 at 8:02 PM

What do Rubio and Schumer talk about
around coffee? Hey man..awesome job going
to the IRS to target Tea Party guys like myself.
HAHAHA..nah man, I just ran as a TP guy.
^5.
Lets get back to illegals..
Bawhahahaha.

bazil9 on May 27, 2013 at 8:03 PM

Corporal Tunnel on May 27, 2013 at 8:02 PM

The bill also guts existing immigration laws.

Wigglesworth on May 27, 2013 at 8:03 PM

Don’t forget John McCain and his son Marco Rubio standing with Huma Abedi and the Muslim Brotherhood against Michele Bachmann and America and Western Civilization. Maybe instead of tearing down the pyramids in Egypt, the Muslim Brotherhood there will leave three standing with Obama’s, McCain’s and Rubio’s faces carved on them.

VorDaj on May 27, 2013 at 8:03 PM

I guess he’s dead to everyone here too.

unclesmrgol on May 27, 2013 at 7:56 PM

All Ted Cruz needs is a thick bible stuffed full of dollar bills when he’s prancing around the stage waxing eloquent about the $5 bucks sewed to his daddy’s underpants.

I wanna be POTUS! Can I get an Amen!

Punchenko on May 27, 2013 at 8:03 PM

Immigration Reform is an attempt to change the voting dynamic. There is absolutely no concern for social welfare or any other faux concern .

The political elite want a permanent progressive socialist majority, and they can’t get there with the current citizenry. Blacks, Hispanics, Asians, and other minorities are guaranteed votes. The White majority is not guaranteed at any level.

To achieve the fantasy of a quasi-fascist, Socialist, Progressive majority they have to negate the White majority. To achieve their dominance they have to import people who have no concern for the US.

Rode Werk on May 27, 2013 at 8:05 PM

Sadly I thought Rubio would play immigration reform until it was time to jump ship when Schumer or Durbin would bulk at something important, like who gets to decide when the borders are secure. Instead he staying on board what is nothing but a ship that was doomed to fail from say one, yet he is the only one who seems to notice that, oh in crazy John McCain who decided to meet with full bore Jihadist in Syria today.

He should have played ball politically until it was time to get out. The Obama scandals are the perfect time to bail. Rubio could have simply said I cannot support this now because Obama and this administration cannot be trusted implement the bill in a honest way. That would have kept him looking compassionate and yet still supportive of border control.

Yet it clear he is not politically intelligent enough to get that. He instead is being played by some the biggest players in the Senate on the left. I should have realized he was not great when he was supporting intervention into Syria….no one in the right mind would support that, evidenced by John McCain going into Syria.

Only lunatics do that…

William Eaton on May 27, 2013 at 8:05 PM

Charlie Crist, where are you? He might have been better, or the same. Good bye, Rubio. We got punked. I will never vote for you for anything.

msupertas on May 27, 2013 at 8:06 PM

bazil9 on May 27, 2013 at 7:55 PM

You can cut get ahead of me in line any time you want.

cozmo on May 27, 2013 at 8:08 PM

ptolemy on May 27, 2013 at 8:00 PM

My sentiments exactly. If amnesty passes then the only reason for me to vote is to take revenge in the primaries on the traitors who perpetrated this destruction of our sovereignty. I will vote 3rd party in the general election if the scoundrels survive their primaries or may even vote for the dem as a big F U to the Republican party.

Wigglesworth on May 27, 2013 at 8:08 PM

See Rubio on Libya…
Was with El Barry.
Now Syria…..
Hmmm Hmmm Hmmm
Jeb part duex.

Sorry..we had Crist or Rubio..
was hopeful but his time spent here and lies
under Jeb in Fl told a story.

Right out of the 2012 gate..Hispandering! and Rubio bagged it and now tagged it. Toe tag hanging from the gang’s drive by.
As I checked out at the grocery store..Newsweek cover-
Rubio..The Republican’s Savior! Why?

bazil9 on May 27, 2013 at 8:08 PM

From Byron York’s referenced article, quoting the Fox poll’s FALSE DICHOTOMY question:

The pollsters began by asking what the government’s policy toward the 11 million should be. Should they be deported? Allowed to remain in a guest worker program? Or should they be permitted to “remain in the country and eventually qualify for U.S. citizenship, but only if they meet certain requirements, like paying back taxes, learning English, and passing a background check?”

This series of questions ASSUMES that the 11 to 20 million illegal aliens will stay here, no matter what.

Where is the attrition through enforcement option??? Attrition is the most politically popular, efficient, economical, just, and fair solution. So why do so few polls offer the option?? Mmmmmm?

Only when you ask the question can you expect an answer.

And they WILL leave! If there are no jobs, no drivers licenses, no benefits — there is no reason (or ability) to stay, as this illegal alien explains, after Georgia passed their tough laws.

fred5678 on May 27, 2013 at 8:08 PM

You can cut get ahead of me in line any time you want.

cozmo on May 27, 2013 at 8:08 PM

Okay,I’ll be sure not to shave or shower first. ;)
Helloooooo Cozmooooo

bazil9 on May 27, 2013 at 8:10 PM

Indeed…it shows a lack of integrity and courage. Nancy Pelosi never hesitated about what she thought of the health bill. Rubio in some ways in worse. With the bill that came out of committee, I think it is plausibly argued that he has lied to conservatives — on Rush, on Hewitt, on Levin.

But Rubio has neither the integrity nor the courage to say either that he accepts the bill, flaws and all, and will vote for it, or that unless certain changes are made, he won’t support it.

And now he wants us to believe the CBO scoring, after rejecting the scoring on Obamacare.

He turns out to be a coward and a liar.

EastofEden on May 27, 2013 at 8:10 PM

Screw that guy.

El_Terrible on May 27, 2013 at 8:12 PM

msupertas on May 27, 2013 at 8:06 PM

Nor will I.

and rogerb can take this and save it..and keep me on record.

bazil9 on May 27, 2013 at 8:12 PM

bazil9 on May 27, 2013 at 8:10 PM

You and that dirty mind…again.

I was being a gentleman.

cozmo on May 27, 2013 at 8:12 PM

You can cut get ahead of me in line any time you want.

cozmo on May 27, 2013 at 8:08 PM

Okay,I’ll be sure not to shave or shower first. ;)
Helloooooo Cozmooooo

bazil9 on May 27, 2013 at 8:10 PM

…*whispers*…don’t forget!…it’s STILL the weekend!…I think holidays are included!

KOOLAID2 on May 27, 2013 at 8:12 PM

Hiya.
It appears that I’ve been bitten by a spider. If I start to turn green…I’ll know which kind it was.
What?

annoyinglittletwerp on May 27, 2013 at 8:13 PM

They pass amnesty and I am out of the GOP. And I won’t just stay home, I will probably vote for the Dems a few cycles too.

El_Terrible on May 27, 2013 at 8:13 PM

KOOLAID2 on May 27, 2013 at 7:52 PM

GO WINGS !!!
Have family @ the game, even !
:-)

pambi on May 27, 2013 at 8:13 PM

KOOLAID2 on May 27, 2013 at 8:12 PM

*whispers back*
I know..why I kept the hygeine card to play. ;)

bazil9 on May 27, 2013 at 8:14 PM

annoyinglittletwerp on May 27, 2013 at 8:13 PM

Wait a second. I thought green was radiation.

cozmo on May 27, 2013 at 8:14 PM

GO WINGS !!!
Have family @ the game, even !
:-)

pambi on May 27, 2013 at 8:13 PM

…my daughter is there…I’m stressing!

KOOLAID2 on May 27, 2013 at 8:16 PM

bazil9 on May 27, 2013 at 8:10 PM
You and that dirty mind…again.

I was being a gentleman.

cozmo on May 27, 2013 at 8:12 PM

You told me long ago, you were no gentleman.
It is your fault, now isn’t it?

bazil9 on May 27, 2013 at 8:16 PM

AUTOPLAY on QOTD ????

Seriously ???
OY.

*downtwinkles*

pambi on May 27, 2013 at 8:16 PM

Like yourself, I also don’t get why Limbaugh, Hannity and Levin excuse Rubio.

Corporal Tunnel on May 27, 2013 at 8:02 PM

Because Limbaugh, Hannity, and Levin sing for their supper. They tell the rubes who to be for and who to be against. Sure, they play hard to get and act as if McCain or Romney wasn’t their guy, but they all come around — they always come around.

And we come around with them. Every. Single. Time.

So we line up, vote, watch the (R) get elected, and then they never deliver the goods. We just keep marching leftward further into a Third World non-functional abyss.

Every. Single. Time.

And it just gets nuttier and nuttier as we go down the rabbit hole. If we’re not handing out home loans to complete morons, we have the government importing Chechen nutters and plopping them down in 21st century America.

Oh, and right now Herman Cain is on the tube. Sigh.

Punchenko on May 27, 2013 at 8:16 PM

The HotAirians (Pics)

Resist We Much on May 27, 2013 at 8:15 PM

!!!!!
Thanks, Sophie!

annoyinglittletwerp on May 27, 2013 at 8:17 PM

Good evening B9!

KCB on May 27, 2013 at 8:17 PM

bazil9 on May 27, 2013 at 8:16 PM

Dang, busted again.

I fake it pretty well though, so there.

cozmo on May 27, 2013 at 8:18 PM

cozmo on May 27, 2013 at 8:14 PM

Fine.
If my skin starts to rot…

annoyinglittletwerp on May 27, 2013 at 8:18 PM

annoyinglittletwerp on May 27, 2013 at 8:17 PM

I like yours. It’s kewl.

Resist We Much on May 27, 2013 at 8:19 PM

I fake it pretty well though, so there.

cozmo on May 27, 2013 at 8:18 PM

You do! But I know you… ;D

bazil9 on May 27, 2013 at 8:19 PM

Dang, busted again.

cozmo on May 27, 2013 at 8:18 PM

Yep, you and your two friends.

Resist We Much on May 27, 2013 at 8:20 PM

The HotAirians (Pics)

Resist We Much on May 27, 2013 at 8:15 PM

Nicely done Sophie! Thanks!

KCB on May 27, 2013 at 8:21 PM

Good evening B9!

KCB on May 27, 2013 at 8:17 PM

Hi!

bazil9 on May 27, 2013 at 8:21 PM

Nicely done Sophie! Thanks!

KCB on May 27, 2013 at 8:21 PM

You strike me as someone who might dive into freezing water…plus, you drive the women here crazy. :-)

Resist We Much on May 27, 2013 at 8:22 PM

The HotAirians (Pics)

Resist We Much on May 27, 2013 at 8:15 PM

Tres cute !!!

pambi on May 27, 2013 at 8:24 PM

Ken’s in the polar bear club?

bazil9 on May 27, 2013 at 8:25 PM

Flake had promise. Rubio is a pro-amnesty punk. Juan & Miss Lindsey are disgusting traitors, just go and switch to the party you support. All 4 can kiss my @ss.

D-fusit on May 27, 2013 at 8:25 PM

pambi on May 27, 2013 at 8:24 PM

You’re up soon. :-)

Resist We Much on May 27, 2013 at 8:25 PM

ALT-how do u know it was a spider?

bazil9 on May 27, 2013 at 8:26 PM

o_0

pambi on May 27, 2013 at 8:26 PM

bazil9 on May 27, 2013 at 8:25 PM

I considered doing that-just one time-when we lived in Chicago.
Someday, I still might do it.

annoyinglittletwerp on May 27, 2013 at 8:27 PM

You’re up soon. :-)

Resist We Much on May 27, 2013 at 8:25 PM

You too..made it up by the crack of brunch? lol
(axe line)

bazil9 on May 27, 2013 at 8:27 PM

I considered doing that-just one time-when we lived in Chicago.
Someday, I still might do it.

annoyinglittletwerp on May 27, 2013 at 8:27 PM

Why am I not surprised? lol

bazil9 on May 27, 2013 at 8:27 PM

bazil9 on May 27, 2013 at 8:26 PM

Spider fangs leave two little marks close together. I’ve gotten them before. I had one bite that actually made me pretty sick. I had flu-like symptoms for a few days.

annoyinglittletwerp on May 27, 2013 at 8:29 PM

Yep, you and your two friends.

Resist We Much on May 27, 2013 at 8:20 PM

Not even close.

Let me see…
smart (never forget that one).
insolent (hey, its me).
short
and no use for pants!
Only logical conclusion.
Ha!, y’all thought it would be Spock. Or that guy from Big Bang.

cozmo on May 27, 2013 at 8:29 PM

bazil9 on May 27, 2013 at 8:27 PM

I also want to go skydiving and swim with sharks.

annoyinglittletwerp on May 27, 2013 at 8:29 PM

Corporal Tunnel on May 27, 2013 at 7:40 PM

Yep. A disappointment for sure.

AZfederalist on May 27, 2013 at 8:30 PM

Everyone is The Republicans are going to have to take tough votes,” said a member of the group who attended a strategy session Thursday just off the Senate floor…Chuck U. Schumer

txhsmom on May 27, 2013 at 8:31 PM

bazil9 on May 27, 2013 at 8:27 PM

I also want to go skydiving and swim with sharks.

annoyinglittletwerp on May 27, 2013 at 8:29 PM

I know..I have invited you. :D
You lived in Chi Town..that didn’t sort of count?

bazil9 on May 27, 2013 at 8:32 PM

D-fusit on May 27, 2013 at 8:25 PM

In our defense, Flake is an order of magnitude better than his opponent — Richard Carmona would have been. Carmona would have supported every Dingy Harry move, not just a few of them.

/not saying I am pleased with, nor supportive of Flake — what a disappointment!

AZfederalist on May 27, 2013 at 8:33 PM

Trying to think..what I want to do but haven’t..
besides some travel…
hmmmmmm

Time to make a bucket list..for chapter 2
of my life.

bazil9 on May 27, 2013 at 8:33 PM

What comes to mind when I thin “Marco Rubio” is best described by a single five letter word:

Treasonous Little Worm

sartana on May 27, 2013 at 8:34 PM

We know Senators don’t actually write the bills. So, just wondering… who really did write this bill?

Fallon on May 27, 2013 at 8:35 PM

Bungle in the Jungle

KCB on May 27, 2013 at 8:36 PM

BWAHAHAHAHA

Axe on May 27, 2013 at 8:37 PM

I guess he’s dead to everyone here too.

unclesmrgol on May 27, 2013 at 7:56 PM

We aren’t against immigration dummy!

Wigglesworth on May 27, 2013 at 8:40 PM

uncle is pro-amnesty
and with the party of Lincoln..or something.

bazil9 on May 27, 2013 at 8:42 PM

Mazie Hirono is still an idiot.

alchemist19 on May 27, 2013 at 8:43 PM

ptolemy on May 27, 2013 at 8:00 PM

I guess you’ll vote for Hillary Clinton then? Your right. Your vote. But quit your whining ….

we have Amnesty now..thanks to both parties. Cheap labor….

Redford on May 27, 2013 at 8:43 PM

TWERP ! QUICK !
Here’s a tear for you !
Apply to bite, and see if it works !!!

:””’(

pambi on May 27, 2013 at 8:43 PM

Fallon on May 27, 2013 at 8:35 PM

Unions?..LaRaza?..Taco Bell?..Lowriders ‘R Us?..

Mimzey on May 27, 2013 at 8:44 PM

pambi on May 27, 2013 at 8:43 PM
Ha.
I’m watching it. If it starts to act squirrelly, I’ll go get it looked at.

annoyinglittletwerp on May 27, 2013 at 8:45 PM

Koolaid, Pambi, and Cozmo: You’re up.

Resist We Much on May 27, 2013 at 8:48 PM