Quotes of the day

posted at 7:31 pm on May 27, 2013 by Allahpundit

The Gang of Eight immigration bill does not yet have a 60-vote majority in the Senate, according to one of its authors, Sen. Bob Menendez…

A strong majority of 70 votes, [members of the Gang of Eight] believe, is not only possible but necessary to cajole the Republican-controlled House of Representatives to act. Despite his evaluation of the current level of support, Menendez believes that is possible.

“We want to push this bill forward with the most positive votes we can find … so we can put pressure on the House,” he said. “I want to have a good vote in the Senate so we send the message that the Republicans and the Democrats are together in favor of immigration reform.”

***

The Gang of Eight’s strategy for passing immigration reform through the Senate next month is to stick close together through a barrage of tough amendments.

The group plans to meet daily when their bill hits the floor in June and will encourage giving colleagues free rein to offer amendments, according to a person familiar with their discussions.

“Everyone is going to have to take tough votes,” said a member of the group who attended a strategy session Thursday just off the Senate floor…

“We agreed to work together as a team, just as we did on the Judiciary Committee. We want a full and fair debate on the floor, but we’ve also agreed that the core concepts of the bill cannot be undone,” said Sen. Charles Schumer (D-N.Y.), the bill’s lead Democratic sponsor and a member of the gang.

***

Hirono deferred on several of her proposals but chose a different course on a proposal to let U.S. citizens suffering from extreme hardship petition for a sibling or adult married child to immigrate…

“I understand that my amendment is in conflict with the agreement that the Gang of Eight reached on this bill,” she said, adding, “If they were not part of the Gang of Eight, I believe they would support this limited amendment.”…

Schumer and Durbin quickly closed ranks, saying they would oppose Hirono’s proposal reluctantly.

In a gesture to Graham and Flake, Durbin said the two Republicans had “stood by the agreement when it wasn’t easy politically. I feel duty-bound to do the same thing at this moment.”

***

Supporters of comprehensive immigration reform admit that the bill benefited from the IRS scandal in the near term but fear the long term implications of the ongoing investigation into the nation’s tax-collecting agency.

“I think it hurts as it exacerbates distrust in government,” said one source supportive of comprehensive immigration reform. “This is problematic because people on the right need to have confidence government can implement [immigration reform].”

The truth is that the forces opposed to the immigration bill — led by Alabama Sen. Jeff Sessions — were always likely to wait until the legislation hit the Senate floor before making their strongest case against it.

***

Graham and Flake, along with fellow Gang Republicans Marco Rubio and John McCain, have undoubtedly felt some heat for opposing something that 82 percent of Republicans support. But they are sticking with Sen. Charles Schumer and other Democrats, who view any change to legalization-first as a deal killer. Take it out, and the gang’s carefully-crafted agreement is off.

The situation is far different in the House. Talk to the average GOP lawmaker, and he or she will say security simply must come first. On Wednesday, Republican Rep. Bob Goodlatte, chairman of the House Judiciary Committee, said that under the Gang of Eight proposal, a plan for enhanced security “does not have to be complete, or be even more than a fantasy.” That didn’t sound like a man ready to give an inch on security-first. And on Thursday, the entire House GOP leadership released a statement promising “there are numerous ways in which the House will approach [immigration reform] differently.” One of those ways, undoubtedly, will involve security.

A confrontation is coming between those Republicans who will not accept a deal that is legalization-first and those Democrats who will not accept a deal that isn’t. There are a lot of issues that will shape the future of immigration reform, but security first vs. legalization first is the most fundamental one.

***

One possibility is that the House will vote for watered-down reform, including more visas for highly skilled workers. But it likely will not include a way for the undocumented to stay legally and eventually get on a special pathway to U.S. citizenship.

Senate Democrats and even some Senate Republicans say there is no way a comprehensive immigration bill could win final congressional approval without a pathway to citizenship.

“It’s a non-starter,” said Democratic Senator Charles Schumer of New York, a member of the Gang of Eight senators who wrote the bipartisan Senate bill…

“I think the House will pass immigration reform,” said Representative Lamar Smith, a Republican from Texas. “I doubt it will include pathway to citizenship.”

***

Sen. Marco Rubio blocked numerous immigration-enforcement bills when he served as speaker in the Florida House of Representatives from 2007 to 2009.

“Rubio blocked any efforts to deal with the problems of illegal immigration on the local or state level,” one former politician from South Florida, who has known Rubio since his city councilman days in West Miami, told The Daily Caller.

“He said it was because we had bigger things to deal with on the state level. Maybe that’s true. But he didn’t even let bills to the floor when they sailed through committees,” the politician, who declined to speak on the record, added.

Rubio’s record is relevant now because he’s presented himself as a moderate backer for the Democratic-led “Gang of Eight” immigration bill.

***

Rubio knows, as we all do, that the bill’s enforcement provisions could have been significantly stricter in a number of respects. He even said on Hannity’s program that Congress should look at ways of better ensuring that enforcement occurs.

So why didn’t Rubio include such provisions in the bill that he drafted? He knows that the Democrats can’t attain their holy grail of amnesty and a path to citizenship for illegals without Rubio’s participation.

It is simply unconscionable that Rubio agreed to sponsor legislation the efficacy of which he cannot vouch for, on the theory that other, more responsible legislators will make sure the legislation won’t pass if it’s deficient. His stance is only marginally more responsible than Nancy Pelosi’s view that we should pass Obamacare so we can find out what’s in it.

***

As it stands, Rubio’s Hannity performance is puzzling and incoherent. Either he has declined to publicly defend the security provisions of a bill that he himself has formally endorsed, repeatedly backed in public, and continues to back, or he has implicitly withdrawn support for the bill. Does he support his own bill or not? If not, what changes does Rubio believe are required to the security provisions? Why leave this up to 92 other senators? If Rubio agrees that the security provisions need strengthening, he should tell us what he proposes. It’s fine for a senator to say that he’s open to negotiation with his colleagues on a bill that he nonetheless strongly supports in its current form. It’s something else to serve as the key public pitchman for a bill and then turn around and say it shouldn’t pass without unspecified changes to be proposed by someone else…

The bottom line is that we have no business even considering amnesty before our border security system, entitlement system, and assimilation system have all been reformed. Nothing Rubio said last night on Hannity successfully rebutted this claim, while much that he said tended to support it, against the thrust of his own bill. If this is the best case supporters of Schumer-Rubio can make to conservatives, then there is no serious conservative case for this bill.

***

Comments

Comment pages: 1 4 5 6

SparkPlug on May 28, 2013 at 1:20 AM

Earth is grounded :)

Schadenfreude on May 28, 2013 at 1:25 AM

Anti-Control on May 28, 2013 at 1:22 AM

Don’t take it personally, I’ve been away from QOTD so much lately that 80% of the time I don’t know what anyone is talking about. Everybody’s having fun so that’s enough for me.

Cindy Munford on May 28, 2013 at 1:25 AM

*tips fedora*..:)

Dire Straits on May 28, 2013 at 1:14 AM

*whew* Moon’s way high in the sky tonight! You see RWM kiss me? She kissed me dire.

And no waxing wise linking some tune about Fooling Yourself or something :)

lol

The Cars – Moving In Stereo

Axe on May 28, 2013 at 1:26 AM

My college roommate, Stoney, bought the fastest quarter-mile in the State of Missouri in 1974.

It was a 1969 Firebird 400, with dual Holley carbs that had holes drilled from the primaries to the secondaries with tubes that came out of the primaries and squirted gas into the secondaries.

It had a 650 rear-end. We drove it from St. Louis to Rolla – about a 90 minute drive or so – and had to stop several time because we were overheating the car with that rear-end, which he got changed out as soon as we got to Rolla.

Beautiful Green – great hood with air scoops. We got stopped by the cops every time we drove it in town. They just liked to look at it.

Before he had everything changed out – we took it out on a deserted straight run of Missouri highway and gave it a full punch.

It felt like an Atlas V rocket hitting me in the back!

For engines – I still like the old Chevy 350 block. They were thick as hell and you could do anything with ‘em. Not that the Ford 289 was bad – you just had more to work with in the old 350 Chevy block.

williamg on May 28, 2013 at 1:26 AM

. . . staff is missing . . .

Axe on May 28, 2013 at 1:27 AM

. . . staff is missing . . .

Axe on May 28, 2013 at 1:27 AM

Golly. I hope you find it soon.

SparkPlug on May 28, 2013 at 1:29 AM

. . . staff is missing . . .

Axe on May 28, 2013 at 1:27 AM

OUCH!!

williamg on May 28, 2013 at 1:29 AM

. . . staff is missing . . .

Axe on May 28, 2013 at 1:27 AM

EXCUSE ME! THE staff?

KCB on May 28, 2013 at 1:30 AM

Axe on May 28, 2013 at 1:27 AM

No… just call… I put a precautionary return spell on all the staffs and wands when I inducted Spark into the Enchanters Training program.

It will rematerialize in your hands. :)

thatsafactjack on May 28, 2013 at 1:31 AM

LoLz..:)

PS..Highway..:)

Dire Straits on May 28, 2013 at 1:22 AM

Yeah, make fun of the cripple guy driving down the carjack alley, anything but carefree. ;)

arnold ziffel on May 28, 2013 at 1:31 AM

williamg on May 28, 2013 at 1:26 AM

I just have it stuck in my head that I’d rather have an over-tweaked, bullet-proof 305 than a 350. I’ve always taken crap for that, but . . . I know. It’s weird. Not as weird as making Ancestry.com a hobby though. :)

williamg on May 28, 2013 at 1:29 AM

KCB on May 28, 2013 at 1:30 AM

I swear, it was right here. I had it, I went and got MG while the porker was still knocked out from diving into six inches of water . . . right here.

. . . anyone finds it — if it doesn’t like you, the safe word is Palin . . .

Axe on May 28, 2013 at 1:32 AM

Don’t take it personally

I definitely do not – I know who my friends are, and who they are not! :)

Cindy Munford on May 28, 2013 at 1:25 AM

Why do you have to make HotAir host your nightly chat fests about random songs?

Anti-Control on May 28, 2013 at 1:32 AM

SparkPlug on May 28, 2013 at 1:20 AM

Earth is grounded :)

Schadenfreude on May 28, 2013 at 1:25 AM

Tee hee. Yep. Pebbles come from the ground. (:

SparkPlug on May 28, 2013 at 1:33 AM

I will conduct a complete search for the staff. Some one must have taken it.

Ok Ken cough it up.

SparkPlug on May 28, 2013 at 1:34 AM

yone finds it — if it doesn’t like you, the safe word is Palin . . .

Axe on May 28, 2013 at 1:32 AM

…I laughed so hard – I spit on my own shirt! OOOH, My GAWD, that’s FUNNY!!

williamg on May 28, 2013 at 1:35 AM

thatsafactjack on May 28, 2013 at 1:31 AM

Oh.. Your emergency response procedures are quite impressive.

KCB on May 28, 2013 at 1:35 AM

KCB on May 28, 2013 at 1:30 AM

Is it a stick or servants with Grey Poupon?

Cindy Munford on May 28, 2013 at 1:35 AM

Edge of Seventeen – Nicks

thatsafactjack on May 28, 2013 at 1:36 AM

. . . You got misunderstood, and I was trying to help you fix it.

To answer your question, I’ve always suspected you were a chick. :)

. . . And Ken misunderstood your bluegill joke, too . . .

K, I’m out of it.

(No one is like cozmo :) Thank heaven.)

Axe on May 28, 2013 at 1:13 AM

After all of the music linking, chit-chatting, and mockery of bluegill I’ve done here, you can’t exactly blame me for believing for the regs would recognize my schtick immediately by now, can you? :)

Anti-Control on May 28, 2013 at 1:37 AM

Axe on May 28, 2013 at 1:27 AM

It will rematerialize in your hands. :)

thatsafactjack on May 28, 2013 at 1:31 AM

Poop. The darn MG is always one step ahead of me. I spent an hour hiding that wand, (you can’t prove it), and now its prolly gone, (only I will know, that is if I find who took it). Ken?

SparkPlug on May 28, 2013 at 1:37 AM

Is it a stick or servants with Grey Poupon?

Cindy Munford on May 28, 2013 at 1:35 AM

lol — Did you miss the whole Glade thing?

Axe on May 28, 2013 at 1:37 AM

Anti-Control on May 28, 2013 at 1:32 AM

I don’t know, I fall horribly short in that area, I can never think of any cool songs to link.

Cindy Munford on May 28, 2013 at 1:37 AM

KCB on May 28, 2013 at 1:35 AM

Thinking ahead in the Glade is essential. lol! :)

thatsafactjack on May 28, 2013 at 1:37 AM

thatsafactjack on May 28, 2013 at 1:31 AM

The precautionary return spell might have a glitch.

*crosses fingers*

SparkPlug on May 28, 2013 at 1:38 AM

The 305′s – definitely nice, my second choice – we played with those, too…..same thing: THICK walls! Did three piston jobs on one that I remember, machined it every time – and they got bigger each time!

williamg on May 28, 2013 at 1:38 AM

Axe on May 28, 2013 at 1:37 AM

I think I must have. I’ll have to be filled in another time though, if I don’t go to bed I am going to be one grumpy person tomorrow.

Cindy Munford on May 28, 2013 at 1:39 AM

Is it a stick or servants with Grey Poupon?

Cindy Munford on May 28, 2013 at 1:35 AM

Axe got the shaft. He calls it a staff to be fancy and stuff.

SparkPlug on May 28, 2013 at 1:39 AM

SparkPlug on May 28, 2013 at 1:37 AM

thatsafactjack on May 28, 2013 at 1:40 AM

Nazareth – “Not Faking It”

Anti-Control on May 28, 2013 at 1:41 AM

SparkPlug on May 28, 2013 at 1:37 AM

I haven’t seen it. I do have some special gloves Axe gave (loaned) me. If I did see it, I think I could take it. But I didn’t…honest.

KCB on May 28, 2013 at 1:41 AM

. . . Hm. Staff smells like nymphs and cheap campaign . . .

. . . Is that cotton candy? –Sticky.

*washes staff in lagoon*

Cindy Munford on May 28, 2013 at 1:39 AM

Night Metal. :)

Axe on May 28, 2013 at 1:42 AM

Axe on May 28, 2013 at 1:26 AM

Awesome tune..I can still see Phoebe Cates in that red bikini..Just awesome..:)

Dire Straits on May 28, 2013 at 1:42 AM

Cindy Munford on May 28, 2013 at 1:37 AM

You shouldn’t put yourself down like that. Just link what you like, whatever it is! :)

Anti-Control on May 28, 2013 at 1:43 AM

williamg on May 28, 2013 at 1:38 AM

‘Zactly.

Axe on May 28, 2013 at 1:43 AM

Cindy Munford on May 28, 2013 at 1:39 AM

Goodnight, Cindy. :) Sleep well.

thatsafactjack on May 28, 2013 at 1:43 AM

SparkPlug on May 28, 2013 at 1:37 AM

KCB on May 28, 2013 at 1:41 AM

Well you obviously just incriminated yourself. You might need to call RWM, she’s a lawyer and she’s a Guuuurrrrrllll.

SparkPlug on May 28, 2013 at 1:43 AM

Wizard Battle (Axe needs staff back)

Schadenfreude on May 28, 2013 at 1:44 AM

Is it a stick or servants with Grey Poupon?

Cindy Munford on May 28, 2013 at 1:35 AM

Just got that :-)

KCB on May 28, 2013 at 1:45 AM

Axe, did you mean cheap champagne?

Schadenfreude on May 28, 2013 at 1:46 AM

Good night Hot Air!

KCB on May 28, 2013 at 1:48 AM

Axe, FTR, I am the guy in school who tied chinese firecrackers between people’s belt loops and their chairs, pulled out the “fart perfume” whenever necessary, acquired the nickname “Sparky” in Chemistry, etc. :)

Anti-Control on May 28, 2013 at 1:48 AM

Axe, did you mean cheap champagne?

Schadenfreude on May 28, 2013 at 1:46 AM

*grits teeth*

Yes. Yes I did. :)

Axe on May 28, 2013 at 1:48 AM

. . . Hm. Staff smells like nymphs and cheap campaign . . .
Axe on May 28, 2013 at 1:42 AM

*snort LOL*

Yes I showed my wand to some nymphs for cultural exchange purposes.

They ran away.

SparkPlug on May 28, 2013 at 1:48 AM

Good night Jackie….

KCB on May 28, 2013 at 1:49 AM

acquired the nickname “Sparky” in Chemistry, etc. :)

Anti-Control on May 28, 2013 at 1:48 AM

Trouble-maker.

SparkPlug on May 28, 2013 at 1:50 AM

Schadenfreude on May 28, 2013 at 1:44 AM

That’s pretty intense. Yes. He would need his staff… born of the heart of the wildwood… imbued with the five elements…. earth, wind, fire, water…. and yes…. quintessence… and carved with the runes and symbols of arcane and natural magic. The conduit of the metaphysical in this plane.

thatsafactjack on May 28, 2013 at 1:50 AM

KCB on May 28, 2013 at 1:49 AM

Goodnight, Ken. :) Sleep well.

thatsafactjack on May 28, 2013 at 1:51 AM

Good night Hot Air!

KCB on May 28, 2013 at 1:48 AM

Night Ken. :)

Anti-Control on May 28, 2013 at 1:48 AM

Hydrogen sulfide in a convenient, crushable container. I know it well. :)

Axe on May 28, 2013 at 1:52 AM

arnold ziffel on May 28, 2013 at 1:31 AM

LoLz..I hear you..:)

Dire Straits on May 28, 2013 at 1:54 AM

and yes…. quintessence

thatsafactjack on May 28, 2013 at 1:50 AM

It’s a testimony to my character that I suffer these things with aplomb. I should think.

Silent auto-poof engaged: T-7.

Axe on May 28, 2013 at 1:54 AM

One Last Ride – Molly Hatchet

thatsafactjack on May 28, 2013 at 1:55 AM

Axe on May 28, 2013 at 1:54 AM

LOL! Goodnight, Axefellow. I’ll follow you out. Sleep well. :)

Goodnight my friends. It’s been a pleasure, as always. See you soon.

Goodnight, Paladin. :)

thatsafactjack on May 28, 2013 at 1:56 AM

Nite Jackie

Schadenfreude on May 28, 2013 at 1:59 AM

Trouble-maker.

SparkPlug on May 28, 2013 at 1:50 AM

haha I was impish, but never did anything really bad – I value my freedom too much!

Hydrogen sulfide in a convenient, crushable container. I know it well. :)

Axe on May 28, 2013 at 1:52 AM

I want to add one more thing: I rarely use sarc tags because, for me at least, it diminishes whatever joke I might be making. I know that causes me extra trouble sometimes, but, the way I see it, that price must be paid for the sake of humor!

Anti-Control on May 28, 2013 at 1:59 AM

BREAKING NEWS!!!

Marco Rubio and John McCain announce their “Put Americans Back To Work Plan” – the fast track construction of twenty 10 lane super expressways (9 lanes for northbound traffic and 1 lightly paved lane for any southbound traffic) running from the interior of Mexico, and Central America, north to various American city destination and disbursement centers.

VorDaj on May 28, 2013 at 1:59 AM

Spirit – “Morning Will Come”

Anti-Control on May 28, 2013 at 2:02 AM

thatsafactjack on May 28, 2013 at 1:55 AM

Good evening..:)

Dire Straits on May 28, 2013 at 2:03 AM

The band who wrote it:

The Brains – “Money Changes Everything”

Anti-Control on May 28, 2013 at 2:11 AM

you know. Ther eis very little opposition from the people on this immigration bill. If they are having a hard time getting votes for this bill just imagine what it would be like if the people stopped being under the influence and get their mojo back.

unseen on May 28, 2013 at 2:28 AM

Yawn!

tommy71 on May 28, 2013 at 2:32 AM

It felt like an Atlas V rocket hitting me in the back!

williamg on May 28, 2013 at 1:26 AM

I really enjoyed reading that, williamg.

I just happen to be listening to HOT BLOODED by Foreigner.

Lourdes on May 28, 2013 at 4:22 AM

Speaking of which, this LIVE performance by Foreigner of HOT BLOODED is better than the recorded version.

“Come on baby, do you do more than dance”

Lourdes on May 28, 2013 at 4:29 AM

I miss my Porsche…

Lourdes on May 28, 2013 at 4:30 AM

no 60 vote?
this spells doom for the gop….they will rue the day they didn’t pass this reform
-lsm

cmsinaz on May 28, 2013 at 6:28 AM

cmsinaz on May 28, 2013 at 6:28 AM

The Left is nothing but a bunch of liars and cheats. Who takes them seriously? They make silly statements like that and I can only laugh.

Liam on May 28, 2013 at 6:37 AM

Obama: Welcome back, John.
McCain: Thank you, sir. It was a rough mission.
Obama: Yes, the last place you needed to end your career was in the Damascus Hilton. What do you think I should do?
McCain: You should arm the Syrian al Qaeda, I mean the Syrian freedom fighters.
Obama: No need to mince words with me, John, we know who butters our bread.
McCain: Yes, and the Saudis are none too pleased with our reluctance to go all in against Assad and the Iranians, I mean the Syrians.
Obama: I’ve been distracted by what your party insists on calling scandals, John.
McCain: Yes, Mr President, I know. Thanks to that disastrous VP pick of mine, Sarah Pain in the Neck, we’ve got some wacko-birds. But don’t worry, Lindsey and Marco and I will put a stop to all of it. Look what Lyndsey did for Bill Clinton and how Marco is point man on removing those pesky borders.
Obama: Thanks, John, I appreciate that. Lindsey and Marco both know I love tem. I have photos for proof. Thanks for the report. You’re dismissed.

InkyBinkyBarleyBoo on May 28, 2013 at 6:39 AM

Mornin’, y’all. “Al-Qaeda Supports McCain in 2008, Syrian Rebels Pledge Loyalty to al-Qaeda in April, McCain Visits Syrian Rebels on Memorial Day.”My take.
Vichy Republicans.

kingsjester on May 28, 2013 at 6:45 AM

Liam on May 28, 2013 at 6:37 AM

morning Liam

the squishy gop elite listen to the lsm which is why i’m afraid they will pass this boondoggle…gotta look good to the low information voter?

cmsinaz on May 28, 2013 at 6:46 AM

InkyBinkyBarleyBoo on May 28, 2013 at 6:39 AM

cmsinaz on May 28, 2013 at 6:47 AM

gotta look good to the low information voter?

cmsinaz on May 28, 2013 at 6:46 AM

They’d look better in prison orange.

Liam on May 28, 2013 at 6:47 AM

Liam on May 28, 2013 at 6:47 AM

indeed

lol, the mj crew thinks dear leader is a centrist and the evil gop is trying to paint him as an ultr-liberal…lololol

cmsinaz on May 28, 2013 at 6:51 AM

McCain Visits Syrian Rebels on Memorial Day.
Vichy Republicans.

kingsjester on May 28, 2013 at 6:45 AM

Disgusting, isn’t it? He slapped every veteran across the face with that one, especially those who gave their lives.

I’d like to see the RNC eject him from the Party over this. They won’t have the guts, but McCain needs to be punished. Severely.

Liam on May 28, 2013 at 6:52 AM

kingsjester on May 28, 2013 at 6:45 AM

morning KJ…nice one :)

cmsinaz on May 28, 2013 at 6:53 AM

cmsinaz on May 28, 2013 at 6:51 AM

Liberals think they’re mainstream, and that every Pub and especially Conservatives are extremists. Ever notice, though, there’s no such thing as an extremist leftie?

Liam on May 28, 2013 at 6:54 AM

Thanks, y’all. It was either that story or the HBO Chick and her disgusting tweets yesterday.

or…the fact that they stuck the Liberace movie with Michael Douglas and matt Damon on HBO, instead of the movie theaters, becayse it was too gay and it was going to be a major bomb at the box office.

kingsjester on May 28, 2013 at 6:57 AM

Liam on May 28, 2013 at 6:54 AM

spot on Liam…there’s nothing wrong with the left, they are perfect

cmsinaz on May 28, 2013 at 6:58 AM

becayse it was too gay and it was going to be a major bomb at the box office.

kingsjester on May 28, 2013 at 6:57 AM

Too gay for the box office? Does that mean it would flame out?

Liam on May 28, 2013 at 6:59 AM

kingsjester on May 28, 2013 at 6:57 AM

wow
*shaking the head*

cmsinaz on May 28, 2013 at 6:59 AM

It was either that story or the HBO Chick and her disgusting tweets yesterday.

kingsjester on May 28, 2013 at 6:57 AM

What????? That Memorial Day speech the rat-eared coward essentially phoned in wasn’t noteworthy? Seriously, did you hear it. No emotion, no sincerity, all about him. Probably more offensive than in years past when he just golfed and let Biden deal with the dead servicemen.

Happy Nomad on May 28, 2013 at 7:10 AM

Happy Nomad on May 28, 2013 at 7:10 AM

Obama hates our Armed Forces, just as he hates average Americans.
What he did was horribly disrepectful, no doubt.

kingsjester on May 28, 2013 at 7:15 AM

SEAL

THE

BORDER

The Ruling Class will never do it. Because this is all about growing government services (freebies) for Raul and Mariana, and their anchor babies). They would turn Texas blue and Progressives would never be ousted from power. THIS is why they cannot defend our own national borders. It is traitorous.

PappyD61 on May 28, 2013 at 7:22 AM

Obama hates our Armed Forces, just as he hates average Americans.
What he did was horribly disrepectful, no doubt.

kingsjester on May 28, 2013 at 7:15 AM

Agree completely. And I can’t wait for the photo-op today where Chris Christie once again dry humps the rat-eared coward’s leg for the cameras. The GOP needs to clean house starting with Christie and the Al Qaeda loving McCain.

Happy Nomad on May 28, 2013 at 7:24 AM

Good morning everyone.

I’ve been in NY since last Thursday because my mother is in St. Francis Hospital. She’s not doing well, and your prayers would be very much appreciated.

If I was home I’d be standing on Asbury Avenue with a F-U-B-O sign. He’s going to be at Convention Hall today with that fathead Governor of ours.

Naturally Curly on May 28, 2013 at 7:24 AM

……and brazenly smart politics.

PappyD61 on May 28, 2013 at 7:30 AM

looks like the Viet Cong tinkered with mccains brain and turned him into a manchurian senator.

He hates Conservatives and loves Obama and AQ.

Sarah Palin must have come forth from a lone neuron that survived the Hanoi Hilton.

renalin on May 28, 2013 at 7:36 AM

Naturally Curly on May 28, 2013 at 7:24 AM

prayers coming your way NC

cmsinaz on May 28, 2013 at 7:37 AM

Thank you, cms.

Naturally Curly on May 28, 2013 at 7:47 AM

Naturally Curly on May 28, 2013 at 7:24 AM

prayer from here also.

renalin on May 28, 2013 at 7:51 AM

renalin on May 28, 2013 at 7:36 AM

Hardly. There was a recognition that McCain needed to shore up the support of real conservatives. The first few choices didn’t want to blow their own chances in future Presidential cycles by getting associated with a cranky old RINO. Palin brought energy to the ticket and that only made McCain more cranky. His staff attacked Palin and he said or did nothing.

Happy Nomad on May 28, 2013 at 7:58 AM

I think I got anti C’s joke.
RWM-joke pic of Ken and his booty.
That it was irresistible..AC was playing off that being wacky. I don’t think he meant is rude.
He didn’t explain it well…
my 2 cents.
and I am not “funny” btw.

I am however, profound. Ask Pambi.
Laterz!

bazil9 on May 28, 2013 at 8:31 AM

Prayer for your mom NC. Sent.
And for you too.

bazil9 on May 28, 2013 at 8:32 AM

Vichy Republicans.

kingsjester on May 28, 2013 at 6:45 AM

Yeah, I was asking last night if McCain’s open support for – and visit to – the al-Qaeda-supporting rebels, doesn’t qualify as treason somehow. Supporting our enemies, and such. With any luck, McCain won’t return.

Midas on May 28, 2013 at 8:33 AM

I think I got anti C’s joke.
RWM-joke pic of Ken and his booty.
He didn’t explain it well…
my 2 cents.
and I am not “funny” btw.

I am however, profound. Ask Pambi.
Laterz!

bazil9 on May 28, 2013 at 8:31 AM

“didn’t explain it well” according to whom, “funny” girl? =P

After I’ve made my personal thoughts about leftardism/leftards (and undermining, whiny snipers like bluegill!) so clear here, I can’t deny I’m little disappointed anyone would believe that I’d be guilty of seriously attacking & putting down my fellow rightists.

I agree with you & pambi (please notice the small “p”!) that you are profound – profoundly “funny”! “Funny Face is all right…”

PS Rubio is a untrustworthy hack who suffers from TPPD i.e. “Typical Politician Personality Disorder”…seal the borders and enforce the existing laws first – what is so hard to understand about that for these pandering weaklings?

Politicians are usually so psychologically freaky – no wonder a guy like Cruz gets so many of them riled up!

Anti-Control on May 28, 2013 at 9:32 AM

Was McLame able to return across the border? What does he hope to gain by this grandstand? Syria is having a civil war and we should let them settle this themselves.
MR is about as wishy washy as John F. Kerry. Saw his performance on Hannity and the group didn’t make a dent in his opinion on not securing the border first. They didn’t enforce the law in the ’80s so why should we expect them to do it this time. He kept saying something about maybe congress should write the bill instead of leaving border security up to the head of DHS to figure out. This sounds just like Ocare where all the dirty work details are left up to the head of HHS. He’s nuts if he thinks border security will ever happen, and it will be funded by taxes collected from the current crop of illegals suddenly made legal and on a path. They won’t make enough to pay taxes, just get a refund check.

Kissmygrits on May 28, 2013 at 9:43 AM

Rubio is the face of TREASON.

Pork-Chop on May 28, 2013 at 12:17 PM

bazil9 on May 28, 2013 at 8:31 AM
“didn’t explain it well” according to whom, “funny” girl? =P

Anti-Control on May 28, 2013 at 9:32 AM

hey sweetie-
Didn’t explain it well..as when asked..
Ken is newer here..I don’t think he knows what a jokester you are. Others may not. I do, however. :)
I don’t think they got the connection to RWM’s funny pic Post. They acted like it came out of nowhere..tells me they missed the connection.
With all the “ghey” right now..people are a tad bit sensitive.
Yes..Rubio sucks..I recall tell you that..:)

be well zany C.

bazil9 on May 28, 2013 at 1:36 PM

hey sweetie-
Didn’t explain it well..as when asked..
With all the “ghey” right now..people are a tad bit sensitive.
Yes..Rubio sucks..I recall tell you that..:)

be well zany C.

bazil9 on May 28, 2013 at 1:36 PM

Hi darlin’ bnmine! :)

When I first starting making fun of bluegill, some of the people didn’t realize I was joking around. After they did realize it, I figured from that point on they’d always take my sense of humor into account whenever they’d see me saying anything ridiculous. I see that is not what has happened, Ken included!

haha I am not gay, I don’t believe Ken is, so what am I supposed to do – how could I go about apologizing for jokes I’ve made which so clearly had no intent behind them? I miss SWalker in most ways, one of which is that he always knew not to take me very seriously (plus, he was a UFO fan!) :)

Just for you, darlin’ bnmine :)

April Wine – “Just Between You And Me”

Anti-Control on May 28, 2013 at 4:48 PM