Quotes of the day

posted at 8:31 pm on May 25, 2013 by Allahpundit

Dear colleagues,

The recent news about the FBI’s seizure of the phone and email records of Fox News employees, including James Rosen, calls into question whether the federal government is meeting its constitutional obligation to preserve and protect a free press in the United States. We reject the government’s efforts to criminalize the pursuit of investigative journalism and falsely characterize a Fox News reporter to a Federal judge as a “co-conspirator” in a crime. I know how concerned you are because so many of you have asked me: why should the government make me afraid to use a work phone or email account to gather news or even call a friend or family member? Well, they shouldn’t have done it. The administration’s attempt to intimidate Fox News and its employees will not succeed and their excuses will stand neither the test of law, the test of decency, nor the test of time. We will not allow a climate of press intimidation, unseen since the McCarthy era, to frighten any of us away from the truth.

***

The Obama administration already has pursued more criminal leak investigations than all of its predecessors. There is a worrisome trend here, also recently evident in the government’s pursuit of Associated Press telephone records in a different leak investigation. Yes, the government must have secrets in order to function. But overclassification is so rampant that to criminalize the disclosure of all secret information would come close to paralyzing the flow of information.

Perhaps prosecutors failed to read the Justice Department’s policy on this, which declares: “Because freedom of the press can be no broader than the freedom of reporters to investigate and report the news, the prosecutorial power of the government should not be used in such a way that it impairs a reporter’s responsibility to cover as broadly as possible controversial public issues.” That statement goes back four decades. The Obama administration should recommit to its spirit.

***

ED HENRY: Nobody has said anything like that, but what I find most interesting is when I was covering the Bush administration and asking very similar questions of Dana Perino and the late Tony Snow before that, I had a lot of my colleagues in private saying things like, you know, sort of cheering me on. Then when I was at Fox covering the Obama administration, it can get a little bit lonely sometimes.

People don’t necessarily think – and when I say cheer you on in the Bush administration, I didn’t mean necessarily that it was partisan or that they were saying “Let’s go after the administration.” It’s just, when you’re in the front row at the White House Briefing Room, you’re supposed to be challenging authority. Whether it’s Republican, Democrat, Independent you’re supposed to be taking on power asking tough questions. They’re not always going to like those questions, but that’s why we’re there. If you’re not going to ask tough questions, just get the heck out of the way.

And so I do find it interesting now that it does seem like a growing number of people are pressing the administration, and I think that’s healthy. I don’t think that anybody should be attacking the administration. I don’t think anybody should be going overboard. But if we’re going to be sitting there in the Briefing Room, let’s not be a bunch of lemmings. Let’s actually stand up and ask tough questions. If the administration has answers to them, great, move on to the next story. But if their answers keep changing, you better keep asking them the questions over and over.”

***

I understand that professional journalists are on the front lines of the First Amendment’s free-press clause. But many elite outlets and journalism schools foster a guild mentality that sees journalism as a priestly caste deserving of special privileges. That’s why editorial boards love campaign-finance restrictions: They don’t like editorial competition from outside their ranks. Such elitism never made sense, but it’s particularly idiotic at a moment when technology — Twitter, Facebook, Tumblr, Vine, etc. — is democratizing political speech.

The second problem is that the First Amendment is about more than the press. In public discussion, First Amendment “experts” and “watchdogs” are really scholars and activists specializing in the little slice dedicated to the press. The Newseum, a gaudy palace in the nation’s capital celebrating the news industry, ostentatiously reprints the entire First Amendment on its facade. But if the curators of the Newseum are much interested in the free exercise of religion or the rights of the people peaceably to assemble, I’ve seen no evidence of it…

By all means, journalists should be outraged by the president’s attitude toward the press. But if you’re going to call yourself a defender of the First Amendment, please defend the whole thing and not just the parts you make a living from.

***

More than 50 news organizations (Reuters, Gannett, the New York Times, and so on) signed a letter protesting the AP subpoenas, and of course journalism guilds like the Society of Professional Journalists are using the subpoenas to agitate on behalf of the Free Flow of Information Act—and for the same reason guilds always lobby the government for special privileges. The act will go a long way toward establishing a government-sanctioned journalistic class. There will be, on the one hand, approved reporters who are immune to certain kinds of governmental inquiry, and, on the other hand, everyone else, those less exalted citizens who, faced with the same governmental inquiry, would just have to suck it up. The act is a classic restraint of trade, protecting favored journalists from the pressure of competitors who lack the proper credential…

Our guess is that Schumer’s act won’t go anywhere, precisely because its support among legislators is a panicked response to a jarring event, and its support from the president, a much cooler customer, is an expedient, a mere gesture. Yet the act’s revival, however hopeless and fleeting, is worth following. It has exposed yet again the self-aggrandizing pose of the establishment press—the instinct of Reuters and Gannett and the rest to confuse the interests of their own industry with a flourishing First Amendment. Trust us: If Gannett and Reuters went toes-up tomorrow, the First Amendment wouldn’t notice.

***

I’ve always considered the relationship between Barack Obama and the Media to be a lot less genuine than is commonly believed: there’s no real emotional connection on the corporate* level. Barack Obama has always approached the Media with a certain inherent cynical contempt that only got more and more brazen as the years went on and nobody reacted to never being given press conferences and seeing local media be punished for non-flattering coverage and having reporters stuffed in closets and whatnot. And, for its part… the Media as a corporate entity likes Barack Obama the way that I like a rib-eye steak. They loved reporting his rise; they loved celebrating his victories; they love narrating his travails; and they will absolutely love chronicling his fall. And once they’re done with all of that, the Media will write sad, brave little pieces about the endgame for the latest iteration of the Camelot myth – and never explain that they themselves helped set up that scenario, because it’s one of their favorite stories. One that they will revisit, just as soon as they can.

***

In saying this, we don’t mean to suggest that journalists won’t ask tough questions or say critical things about the administration from time to time. But sooner or later they will—with a few impressive exceptions—revert to their ways. We are, after all, dealing with deeply ingrained habits and ideological commitments…

So what explains the media’s abstemiousness when facing such glaring examples of dissembling, intimidation, and abuse of power? Three things. The first is journalistic enchantment with Barack Obama that began for some in 2004, for many others in 2008, and has never really gone away. When they look at the president and his top advisers, they see a reflection of their own background, education, and sympathies—and sometimes they see their former colleagues and even family members. The media therefore give the administration the presumption of good faith. If scandals did occur on Obama’s watch, it was simply because he wasn’t as engaged as he should have been.

A second reason is rooted in the attitude many journalists have toward Barack Obama’s political opponents. They judge Obama well because they view his critics with contempt, which is why journalists are working so hard to make these scandals about GOP partisanship and overreach. Why else would the New York Times use a headline that reads: “I.R.S. Focus on Conservatives Gives GOP an Issue to Seize On”?

A third explanation is that the vast majority of journalists are highly sympathetic to a large federal government, and they know where these scandals, if pursued vigorously, will lead—to a further deepening distrust of government. A new Fox News poll shows that more than two-thirds of voters feel the government is out of control and threatening their civil liberties. Journalists are aware that these scandals have the potential to deal a devastating blow to their progressive ideology, which is why they will downplay these stories as much as they can.

***

Visit NBCNews.com for breaking news, world news, and news about the economy

***

“For once, many in the media, who were kind of lapdogs to this administration, have suddenly become watchdogs.”

***

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3 4

Lively crowd

Schadenfreude on May 25, 2013 at 11:48 PM

SparkPlug on May 25, 2013 at 11:46 PM

lol! I’ll bet that was it! All that lisping and hissing… and snorting and growling when they accidentally bit thier tongue… must have made proper pronunciation almost impossible.

thatsafactjack on May 25, 2013 at 11:50 PM

Yowie. RWM is nekid?¿ A cleavage jiggle could tip over an island.

SparkPlug on May 25, 2013 at 11:50 PM

Schadenfreude on May 25, 2013 at 11:48 PM

GOod evening, my friend. :) Wonderful to see you, as always.

thatsafactjack on May 25, 2013 at 11:50 PM

i can’t feel my nose

Axe on May 25, 2013 at 11:51 PM

Shaky Ground – Delbert McClinton

thatsafactjack on May 25, 2013 at 11:53 PM

Screw the stomach. I know the fastest way to a man’s heads and heart.

Resist We Much on May 25, 2013 at 8:59 PM

Hah, not heads, nor heart…what a riot :)

You must read last night’s Axe comments, especially his few last ones.

Schadenfreude on May 25, 2013 at 11:53 PM

Scorpions – No One Like You

@Dire –lol

Axe on May 25, 2013 at 11:54 PM

Axe on May 25, 2013 at 11:51 PM

thatsafactjack on May 25, 2013 at 11:54 PM

i can’t feel my nose

Axe on May 25, 2013 at 11:51 PM

How does it smell?¿

SparkPlug on May 25, 2013 at 11:55 PM

Evening Jackie – reading a few comments in column/page one :) Maybe best to just keep reading from here on out.

Not as deep, or maybe deeper, as last night but it’s Sat/Sun.

Schadenfreude on May 25, 2013 at 11:55 PM

For this weekend.

Schadenfreude on May 25, 2013 at 11:58 PM

Hi Ken and Ziff.

SparkPlug on May 25, 2013 at 11:58 PM

The media will defend Obama to the death. To them, it’s all about electing the first black president. To turn on him would be to admit that it was a bad idea to elect a black man president. That’s not true, of course, but it would never occur to them to judge a man by the content of his character rather than the color of his skin.

The Rogue Tomato on May 25, 2013 at 11:58 PM

Schadenfreude on May 25, 2013 at 11:55 PM

I’m glad to have seen you this evening, Paladin. I’m going to be calling it a night. :)

Goodnight. Sleep well.

thatsafactjack on May 25, 2013 at 11:59 PM

Scorpions – No One Like You

Axe on May 25, 2013 at 11:54 PM

Great stuff.

CW on May 26, 2013 at 12:00 AM

The Rogue Tomato on May 25, 2013 at 11:58 PM

Allen West said to Tammy Bruce that he might run in 2016. I almost wish that he’d run with, say, Dr. Carson, so we can find out who the real racists in America are.

Schadenfreude on May 26, 2013 at 12:01 AM

thatsafactjack on May 25, 2013 at 11:54 PM

No, I’m good. :) Just need to relax a little. I’m relaxing. I’m good.

Axe on May 26, 2013 at 12:01 AM

Wait, you BBL’d with the Ann-Margaret & Claudette Colbert thing. :)

Axe on May 25, 2013 at 11:38 PM

I’ve been reading about some old murder cases 30-50s. The William Woodward, Jr., sort of fascinated me. Ann, his wife, shot him in the dark mistaking him for a prowler, which had already broken into the house. She was a showgirl. He was fabu wealthy, Inherited Hanover National Bank and Belair – the oldest racist estate in the US. He won 3 Derbys – Nashua was his horse.

The Woodwards: Tragedy in High Society

Anyway, Dominic Dunne wrote a not completely truthful account, but I wanted to see what he said. The film is ‘The Two Mrs Grenvilles.”

Resist We Much on May 26, 2013 at 12:01 AM

He is mystified, his genre is Southern Rock (at best) and Country. The only reason he listens to any metal is because of the youngest boy wonder’s membership in various local bands. I like BIG music with no silly attempts to play on my emotions.

Cindy Munford on May 25, 2013 at 11:10 PM

Now wait a minute. I been watching your posts and respecting you for a couple years. Are you saying that run up behind ya, bag ya, and run off with ya worked?

arnold ziffel on May 26, 2013 at 12:02 AM

Scorpions – No One Like You

Axe on May 25, 2013 at 11:54 PM

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVE that song.

Resist We Much on May 26, 2013 at 12:02 AM

thatsafactjack on May 25, 2013 at 11:41 PM

Good evening..Top of the day to you..:)

Dire Straits on May 26, 2013 at 12:02 AM

Betcha that little mermaid is listening to what we say. She always knows everything, especially when I try to sneak up on her which is impossible.

SparkPlug on May 26, 2013 at 12:03 AM

blockquote> I’ll pass on the opportunity to make some very clever comments here and simply ask if you’re alright. Are you okay, Axefellow?

thatsafactjack on May 25, 2013 at 11:54 PM

No, I’m good. :) Just need to relax a little. I’m relaxing. I’m good.

How could he not be purrrrrrfect?

Resist We Much on May 26, 2013 at 12:03 AM

i mean a burlap bag—nothing else. Not being disrespectful.

arnold ziffel on May 26, 2013 at 12:03 AM

Nite Jackie – rest/sleep goodly. Been a tough week for you.

Schadenfreude on May 26, 2013 at 12:03 AM

Nite Jackie, erudite one.

SparkPlug on May 26, 2013 at 12:05 AM

i can’t feel my nose

Axe on May 25, 2013 at 11:51 PM

Back in the day…..I would usually just stop doing coke for the evening at that point……

No, I wouldn’t – who am I KIDDING?!!!

williamg on May 26, 2013 at 12:05 AM

You must read last night’s Axe comments, especially his few last ones.

Schadenfreude on May 25, 2013 at 11:53 PM

I didn’t. I had an early tee time. Did my baby go completely off the rails?

Resist We Much on May 26, 2013 at 12:05 AM

Resist We Much on May 26, 2013 at 12:05 AM

Page 5, biiiiiig comment, almost at the bottom.

Schadenfreude on May 26, 2013 at 12:09 AM

Axe on May 25, 2013 at 11:54 PM

Nice tune..:)

PS..Big suit..:)

Dire Straits on May 26, 2013 at 12:09 AM

No wonder their names were hard to pronounce. Their teeth were too big.

SparkPlug on May 25, 2013 at 11:46 PM

you are a prize. awesome.

arnold ziffel on May 26, 2013 at 12:10 AM

One of the Classic of all Classics! Age Revealer: Can’t tell you how cool it was to play this song for the first time on the “underground” Radio Station I worked at in College. Here is one of the Rock ‘n’ Roll Roots songs that informed this genre…….

williamg on May 25, 2013 at 11:46 PM

Speak for yourself, you weird version of Doc Emmett Brown. :-)

I like Vivaldi and Ravel’s Bolero, but they are ashes now.

Resist We Much on May 26, 2013 at 12:10 AM

Nice tune..:)

PS..Big suit..:)

Dire Straits on May 26, 2013 at 12:09 AM

Hi Dire. That tune got real old when someone at work had a talking Bass singing that.

arnold ziffel on May 26, 2013 at 12:11 AM

. . . still no questions tonight? :)

. . . probably have to copy and paste this whole thread. This nuking the bookmarks thing might not have been my best idea. It feels good though — if I really want it, Sketchbook; if I don’t want it there, why have it around? Other then temporary things, I mean. It feels cleaner and lighter.

The film is ‘The Two Mrs Grenvilles.”

Resist We Much on May 26, 2013 at 12:01 AM

I know. I looked it up. :) –lol. And bookmarked it. *sigh*

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVE that song.

Resist We Much on May 26, 2013 at 12:02 AM

:) Me too.

—————————

Surfing around. Haven’t heard this in awhile:

.38 special – Caught Up In You

Axe on May 26, 2013 at 12:13 AM

Scorpions – No One Like You

@Dire –lol

Axe on May 25, 2013 at 11:54 PM

I thought at first it was “No One Likes You” and was going to save it to my repetorio for use on a few select HA members. Now I have to keep looking for the acoustic version of FOAD.

arnold ziffel on May 26, 2013 at 12:16 AM

You must read last night’s Axe comments, especially his few last ones.

Schadenfreude on May 25, 2013 at 11:53 PM

I didn’t. I had an early tee time. Did my baby go completely off the rails?

Resist We Much on May 26, 2013 at 12:05 AM

Page 5, biiiiiig comment, almost at the bottom.

Schadenfreude on May 26, 2013 at 12:09 AM

wait — what the . . . brb

Axe on May 26, 2013 at 12:17 AM

Then again – you could just go Straight To Lou!…….

“You Better Hit Her!…”…….now, THERE’S a Lyric you’ll never see written today or ever again!

williamg on May 26, 2013 at 12:18 AM

Hell, I missed the wrong time to leave, I C.
nekid and drinking. Woot!

Keep drinking rwm, I get a break from SP for a while
and sexy costumes.

Pambi! raj says hi~
Turbo Dog.

bazil9 on May 26, 2013 at 12:18 AM

Speak for yourself, you weird version of Doc Emmett Brown. :-)

I like Vivaldi and Ravel’s Bolero, but they are ashes now.

Resist We Much on May 26, 2013 at 12:10 AM

rotf

Axe on May 26, 2013 at 12:19 AM

Speak for yourself, you weird version of Doc Emmett Brown. :-)

I like Vivaldi and Ravel’s Bolero, but they are ashes now.

Resist We Much on May 26, 2013 at 12:10 AM

Two of my FAVORITES!! The Four Season’s and…..sooo…..do women still like to have sex to “Bolero”?….

Maybe it’s because I was using Jeff Beck’s “Bolero”, but that never did work out for me……..

williamg on May 26, 2013 at 12:20 AM

Best Scorpions~

bazil9 on May 26, 2013 at 12:21 AM

Golden Earring – Radar Love

CW on May 26, 2013 at 12:05 AM

I love that song.

PS..Big suit..:)

Dire Straits on May 26, 2013 at 12:09 AM

I didn’t know that existed. :)

Axe on May 26, 2013 at 12:22 AM

I didn’t. I had an early tee time. Did my baby go completely off the rails?

Resist We Much on May 26, 2013 at 12:05 AM

Still on rails. :)

Axe on May 26, 2013 at 12:25 AM

Schadenfreude on May 26, 2013 at 12:09 AM

wait — what the . . . brb

Axe on May 26, 2013 at 12:17 AM

Not sure of bigness. :)

Axe on May 26, 2013 at 12:26 AM

Speak for yourself, you weird version of Doc Emmett Brown. :-).

Resist We Much on May 26, 2013 at 12:10 AM

….then, I got to wondering: What, exactly, is a “weird” version of “Doc Emmett Brown”………

Isn’t that Redundant considering his primordial weirdness? Or is that, like – a whole new level?

williamg on May 26, 2013 at 12:28 AM

..sooo…..do women still like to have sex to “Bolero”?….

williamg on May 26, 2013 at 12:20 AM

I found Vivaldi’s Barnyard Melodies and Bocelli’s “amore de maiale.” worked for me.

arnold ziffel on May 26, 2013 at 12:28 AM

Axe, the long and short of it appears that you missed me. I missed you, too.

I still luvs yews to bitcoins!

Resist We Much on May 26, 2013 at 12:29 AM

arnold ziffel on May 26, 2013 at 12:11 AM

LoLz..:)

PS..Good evening sir..:)

Dire Straits on May 26, 2013 at 12:29 AM

Oh Anti C..I C u…
lol

4 U.
SD cover.

bazil9 on May 26, 2013 at 12:30 AM

williamg on May 26, 2013 at 12:28 AM

You bring a whole new level to Doc Brown.

[And, yes, some women still like to have sex to Bolero}

Resist We Much on May 26, 2013 at 12:31 AM

Axe, you’re welcome, bud :)

Schadenfreude on May 26, 2013 at 12:32 AM

Still on rails. :)

Axe on May 26, 2013 at 12:25 AM

Just went wobbly on me.

Resist We Much on May 26, 2013 at 12:32 AM

Seriously good tunes spinning through this thread.

Axe on May 26, 2013 at 12:33 AM

[And, yes, some women still like to have sex to Bolero}

Resist We Much on May 26, 2013 at 12:31 AM

Whats wrong with Redd Foxx’s greatest hits? Maybe that’s why I can’t seem to find quality.

arnold ziffel on May 26, 2013 at 12:33 AM

Just went wobbly on me.

Resist We Much on May 26, 2013 at 12:32 AM

I’m honestly trying to stop that.

*shakes head*

*shrugs*

*sip*

arnold ziffel on May 26, 2013 at 12:33 AM

BWAHAHAHA

Axe on May 26, 2013 at 12:35 AM

This one?

You should just relax. She’s just asleep. Write her a nice letter, but not here.

Schadenfreude on May 25, 2013 at 2:03 AM

That’s the eleventy-first time you’ve looked through me. :)

But — I’m not exactly there.

*clinks glass* people, people.

This is just me talking to me, so the “you have to” means no disrespect — you don’t have to anything; it’s just a manner of speaking.

These comments are a narrow window, and the view is deceptive. You have to remember, we don’t really know where anyone else is. Someone might love someone else pretty passionately, but they just took their foot from a bear trap and aren’t in any hurry to put it back. We’ve got histories, some of them kind of dark. Someone may love someone else pretty passionately, but they (themselves) have a long standing medical condition — and the last thing they really want is to lose the illusion they have. I’m making these things up, but the point is — we’re all in different places, and it’s hard to see or understand each other through this window.

@Schad, this “dangerous” thing is the thing where you’d take risks. I’ve been here before. :) It’s not . . . it doesn’t come from uncertainty about . . . anything, but certainty. To get redneck about it, “tonight’s a night I’d tell a big man to move.”

re. our RWM — She can do what she wants. :) If I did love her, I can do that too.

Nevertheless . . . a few big men are going to get the hell out of my way soon.

. . . back to my rock and roll.

but not here

Schadenfreude on May 25, 2013 at 2:03 AM

lol –No wonder she calls you Paladin. :)

Axe on May 25, 2013 at 2:24 AM

Resist We Much on May 26, 2013 at 12:38 AM

williamg on May 26, 2013 at 12:28 AM

You bring a whole new level to Doc Brown.

[And, yes, some women still like to have sex to Bolero}

Resist We Much on May 26, 2013 at 12:31 AM

….you’re so swweet! ….something went all warm and fuzzy in my chest when I read that – like I had just taken a bit tablespoonful of codeine!…..

Axe is a lucky, lucky man!

williamg on May 26, 2013 at 12:39 AM

Nugent -Stranglehold

– Bmore gets mad when you link lamer versions.

Axe on May 26, 2013 at 12:40 AM

arnold ziffel on May 26, 2013 at 12:33 AM

The repeated “Elizabeth, I’m coming to join you!” interludes.

Resist We Much on May 26, 2013 at 12:40 AM

Axe is a lucky, lucky man!

williamg on May 26, 2013 at 12:39 AM

Don’t be a Bogart. Pass the codeine. :-)

Resist We Much on May 26, 2013 at 12:41 AM

Oh Anti C..I C u…
lol

4 U.
SD cover.

bazil9 on May 26, 2013 at 12:30 AM

Good choice, darlin’ bmine9!

This is the best “cover” of “I Walk the Line” imo. Not sure or not if it should be crossposted in the Kaitlyn Hunt & BSA threads…

Pajama Slave Dancers – “Homo Truck Drivin’ Man”

Social Distortion – “Ball And Chain”

Anti-Control on May 26, 2013 at 12:42 AM

I didn’t know that existed. :)

Axe on May 26, 2013 at 12:22 AM

Once..:)

Dire Straits on May 26, 2013 at 12:42 AM

lol — make love to Shatner’s poetry readings. You know, I want to meet the couple that’s into that. I just want to see them. I bet they look normal.

Hell, I missed the wrong time to leave, I C.
nekid and drinking. Woot!

Keep drinking rwm, I get a break from SP for a while
and sexy costumes.

Pambi! raj says hi~
Turbo Dog.

bazil9 on May 26, 2013 at 12:18 AM

I’m tracking your stuff, b9. Sorry for not responding. Thread is a lot of work tonight. :) Liked your Scorpions spin.

Axe on May 26, 2013 at 12:44 AM

Old movie tip: To Live and Die in LA..Vintage 1985..Pretty good flick..:)

Dire Straits on May 26, 2013 at 12:45 AM

Don’t be a Bogart. Pass the codeine. :-)

Resist We Much on May 26, 2013 at 12:41 AM

The Fraternity of Man – “Don’t Bogart That Joint”

Anti-Control on May 26, 2013 at 12:45 AM

Au revoir, mes amis.

Je t’aime beaucoup, Axefellow.

Drill Sergeant arrives early.

Resist We Much on May 26, 2013 at 12:47 AM

The repeated “Elizabeth, I’m coming to join you!” interludes.

Resist We Much on May 26, 2013 at 12:40 AM

If I remember correctly you are under forty and born in that hellhole UK. For you to know about Redd and Sanford just makes me all the more in awe of you. If Axe ever falls short or can’t cut it, I’ll be there.

arnold ziffel on May 26, 2013 at 12:48 AM

arnold ziffel on May 26, 2013 at 12:33 AM

*howl*!!!

Not sure or not if it should be crossposted in the Kaitlyn Hunt & BSA threads…

Pajama Slave Dancers – “Homo Truck Drivin’ Man”

Social Distortion – “Ball And Chain”

Anti-Control on May 26, 2013 at 12:42 AM

No thanx, I am all ghey’d out. Didn’t even attempt the 2nd 1 tonight.
^5
Love SD.

aww..bmine..:) :)

bazil9 on May 26, 2013 at 12:48 AM

arnold ziffel on May 26, 2013 at 12:48 AM

We got your shows years later.

Resist We Much on May 26, 2013 at 12:50 AM

Bonne nuit cher Rose.

Schadenfreude on May 26, 2013 at 12:51 AM

I’m tracking your stuff, b9.

Axe on May 26, 2013 at 12:44 AM

what?! -Eh? ;)
SP? :P~

Scorps r awesome.

bazil9 on May 26, 2013 at 12:51 AM

Je t’aime beaucoup, Axefellow.

Drill Sergeant arrives early.

Resist We Much on May 26, 2013 at 12:47 AM

How can I not hate this part . . . :)

Goodnight, Sophie.

You’ll still be here, though. You always are.

Axe on May 26, 2013 at 12:52 AM

Scorpions-cover Kansas..Dust in the Wind.

bazil9 on May 26, 2013 at 12:54 AM

A delightful respite… however brief.

Shelter from the Storm

lynncgb on May 26, 2013 at 12:56 AM

No thanx, I am all ghey’d out. Didn’t even attempt the 2nd 1 tonight.

haha I think that for hit counts, HA needs to go “All gay, all the time!” :)

^5
Love SD.

aww..bmine..:) :)

bazil9 on May 26, 2013 at 12:48 AM

^5

As a fan of SD’s Johnny Cash cover, you’ll appreciate this one.

Jason and the Scorchers – “Absolutely Sweet Marie”

Social Distortion – “Mommy’s Little Monster”

PS I’ll be byours, anytime, darlin’! :)

Anti-Control on May 26, 2013 at 12:58 AM

Axe on May 26, 2013 at 12:52 AM

Don’t forget to move this one to your page :)

12:29 AM

Schadenfreude on May 26, 2013 at 12:59 AM

Don’t be a Bogart. Pass the codeine. :-)

Resist We Much on May 26, 2013 at 12:41 AM

The Fraternity of Man – “Don’t Bogart That Joint”

Anti-Control on May 26, 2013 at 12:45 AM

Just sooooooo classic!

It’s sooooo, soooo, soooo, soooo – toooo, toooo, toooo, tooooo FINE!!

williamg on May 26, 2013 at 1:00 AM

bazil9 on May 26, 2013 at 12:51 AM

Hi. When I go the the beach I never get any nice waves.

I wave at people but no one waves back. Just kidding. I’m very approachable.

SparkPlug on May 26, 2013 at 1:01 AM

Jason and the Scorchers – “Absolutely Sweet Marie”

Anti-Control on May 26, 2013 at 12:58 AM

….another example of Bod Dylan listening to the cover of his tune and saying: “Yeah – that’s what i meant!”

williamg on May 26, 2013 at 1:02 AM

*Bob Dylan…..

….don’t know where the “Bod” part came from…..epileptic fingers, I guess

williamg on May 26, 2013 at 1:05 AM

When I posted this kind of obscure ’80s classic recently, it didn’t have this accompanying video: Rubber Rodeo – “Anywhere with You”

Descendents – “Silly Girl”

Anti-Control on May 26, 2013 at 1:06 AM

haha I think that for hit counts, HA needs to go “All gay, all the time!” :)

allahpundit and ed actually did that for about two weeks a while back……

williamg on May 26, 2013 at 1:06 AM

Here is to the HA clicks..sick of it.
Revolting C**ks
Yee Haw!

^5

As a fan of SD’s Johnny Cash cover, you’ll appreciate this one.

Jason and the Scorchers – “Absolutely Sweet Marie”

Very..unique..like punk-E -country. lol
I liked it.

PS I’ll be byours, anytime, darlin’! :)

:) You got me.

Anti-Control on May 26, 2013 at 12:58 AM

bazil9 on May 26, 2013 at 1:06 AM

Scorpions-cover Kansas..Dust in the Wind.

bazil9 on May 26, 2013 at 12:54 AM

Very very nice cover. Kansas also tried “Caca en mi Zapatos” but it didn’t test well.

How is thees my rittle friend? Love that song whoever does it. Texas Red effed up that day.

arnold ziffel on May 26, 2013 at 1:07 AM

I wave at people but no one waves back. Just kidding. I’m very approachable.

SparkPlug on May 26, 2013 at 1:01 AM

haha
Could be the wolf moon shirt and speedo. ;)
~~~~~~~~wave~~~~~~~ xo

bazil9 on May 26, 2013 at 1:08 AM

Hi. When I go the the beach I never get any nice waves.

I wave at people but no one waves back. Just kidding. I’m very approachable.

SparkPlug on May 26, 2013 at 1:01 AM

*sip*

‘Cause people keep trying to roll you back in the water.

Once..:)

Dire Straits on May 26, 2013 at 12:42 AM

Nice. :)

Literally too tired to hunt at the moment. I feel like I could sleep for a week.

Axe on May 26, 2013 at 1:09 AM

arnold ziffel on May 26, 2013 at 1:07 AM

lol@ zapatos.

like!
I could jump the fence for him. lol
I just saved that one.

bazil9 on May 26, 2013 at 1:13 AM

Don’t Think Twice

bazil9 on May 26, 2013 at 1:17 AM

:) You got me.

bazil9 on May 26, 2013 at 1:06 AM

:) cutie bmine9 muah

This one has a countryish twinge to it. One of the best of the ’80s imo. Maria McKee ruled!

Lone Justice – “I Found Love”

Anti-Control on May 26, 2013 at 1:17 AM

williamg on May 26, 2013 at 1:02 AM

I agree!

One of the best guitarist ever (RIP) – very prone to playing too many notes, though:

Shawn Lane – “All Along the Watchtower” (live)

Don’t Think Twice

bazil9 on May 26, 2013 at 1:17 AM

Another example of someone outdoing Dylan:

Sebastian Cabot – “It Aint Me Babe”

Anti-Control on May 26, 2013 at 1:25 AM

bazil9 on May 26, 2013 at 1:17 AM

Vacay..:)

Dire Straits on May 26, 2013 at 1:28 AM

@Anti

chick band from where I am from.
Saw them in a small bar a few times down town.
Here is their Kiss Cover.

bazil9 on May 26, 2013 at 1:29 AM