Jeff Flake: Yes, it’s true, these Obama scandals have made it easier to pass amnesty

posted at 6:41 pm on May 23, 2013 by Allahpundit

He’s not saying this critically, mind you. He’s a member of the Gang of Eight. When Chuck Schumer refers to “our Republicans,” Flake’s one of the guys he means. He wants the bill to pass.

Second look at letting O off the hook for IRS-gate before these tools drop an amnesty bomb on us while we’re not looking?

“It’s like magic — you distract the audience while the real trick is being done — and I think right now, while Americans focus on President Obama’s unending difficulties, it’s good news for the Gang of Eight working on immigration,” said Republican strategist Alex Castellanos, referring to the four Republicans and four Democrats who crafted the bill…

“To be able to go through this markup where nobody can claim that we’ve short-circuited the process — it’s been an open process, we’ve adopted some substantive amendments — to be able to do that without people calling press conferences outside and without groups calling members, it’s been a good process,” [Jeff] Flake said in an interview, referring to the Judiciary panel’s actions. “I’d have to say it probably helped.”…

“While the discussion on TV continues, the immigration bill marches on, and that’s because of that independent, strong support for the bill — labor, business, farm groups, it’s incredible,” said Senator Amy Klobuchar of Minnesota, a Democratic member of the committee. “It’s been actually a nice oasis to actually do some legislating during all of the somewhat radioactive news.”

The hope/expectation among border hawks is that the free lunch is about to end now that the bill’s headed for the spotlight of a Senate floor debate, but I don’t know. That depends on what’s happening in Scandalmania, doesn’t it? If a bombshell bursts next month about IRS malfeasance going further up the chain than thought, that’ll suck the media air out of the room again. Wouldn’t surprise me, in fact, if Harry Reid’s keeping an eye on Darrell Issa’s committee schedule to make debate on the bill coincide as much as possible with what’s going on in House Oversight. There are still hurdles to final passage even if the Senate rubber-stamps it — Bob Goodlatte sounds as sour on the Gang of Eight bill as ever, at least for now — but if they get a big showing of Republican support in the upper chamber, that’ll put extra pressure on House Republicans to sign off. And the more distracted conservatives are by scandal, the more likely it is that fencesitters in the Senate GOP will feel safe to sign on.

Here’s what I’m wondering: Even if something passes while grassroots righties are focused elsewhere, could there be a “delayed” backlash of sorts before the midterms? I.e. could conservatives wake up six months after now, after Obama’s signed the bill and the various scandals have finally died down, and decide that the GOP sellout warrants a little boycott at the polls next November? I’m guessing no, partly because Scandalmania will goose turnout regardless of what happens with immigration and partly because a delayed backlash would require some sort of spark or rallying point and I’m not sure what that would be. But I don’t know. This is why I’m asking.

By the way, Marco Rubio would like you to know that he doesn’t trust Washington D.C. — on budget matters. On immigration reform, which has been conducted via closed-door negotiations and which will hand Obama’s administration all sorts of new discretionary powers, he trusts D.C. just fine.

Comments

Add an amendment that ends Obamacare and then open it up for debate. PERIOD.

hillsoftx on May 23, 2013 at 6:45 PM

The only way it is easier is because criminals like Flake and Rubio are willing to subvert the law while the nation is distracted.

echosyst on May 23, 2013 at 6:45 PM

I don’t understand why these GOP clowns don’t drop this, pick up some seats in 2014, and bargain for a much better bill.

Who’s clamoring for this anyway? Illegal immigrants?

BuckeyeSam on May 23, 2013 at 6:48 PM

that’s my senator
*ducks*

sigh

cmsinaz on May 23, 2013 at 6:49 PM

I think this shows a lack of respect for the people of this country. People are just something to get around or to manipulate.

Nice.

LilyBart on May 23, 2013 at 6:49 PM

he trusts D.C. just fine.

ughhhhhh

we are so screwed

cmsinaz on May 23, 2013 at 6:50 PM

FWIW, Boehner says it’s DOA in the House.

House Speaker John A. Boehner on Thursday flatly ruled out chances of the House passing the Senate’s immigration bill, saying his chamber will debate its own bill instead.

Mr. Boehner and his top GOP lieutenants issued a joint statement that seemed designed to tamp down some of the momentum behind the Senate bill, which emerged from a Senate committee on a bipartisan 13-5 vote earlier this week, and to stake out a House GOP position.

wyntre9 on May 23, 2013 at 6:51 PM

give us conservative voters a little credit, we can focus on both scandalmania and the immigration at the same time…

cmsinaz on May 23, 2013 at 6:53 PM

Also keep in mind that House GOP members are less concerned about helping the US maintain and expand its global lead in the tech, pharma, science, and other sectors that rely heavily upon foreign talent. The latest Senate compromise is a huge win for American companies that need to fill R&D positions which in turn fuel growth and lead to more job creation in the US.

bayam on May 23, 2013 at 6:54 PM

The Senate can shuck-and-jive all they want. It’s not going to leave the House alive.

GarandFan on May 23, 2013 at 6:56 PM

You’re overthinking this AP.

Curtiss on May 23, 2013 at 6:57 PM

What an effing disaster this turd has turned out to be. Good job AZ. Now we have TWO douchebags from AZ who will help democrats destroy America.

jawkneemusic on May 23, 2013 at 6:57 PM

The senate bill, if passed, would die in the house, right? Right??

Jack_Burton on May 23, 2013 at 6:58 PM

How many Repubs does Schumer own..?

d1carter on May 23, 2013 at 6:59 PM

FWIW, Boehner says it’s DOA in the House.

wyntre9 on May 23, 2013 at 6:51 PM

Good if true. No way in hell should all Americans be subject to a national, federal database to fix a problem the Feds created in the first place.

jawkneemusic on May 23, 2013 at 6:59 PM

Who needs Trojan Horses to overthrow a nation when a “Gang of eight” is so much easier to feed?
The only folks fooled by these characters is the GOP folks that keep saying vote for the RINOs or the bad guys will win. Losers all.

Don L on May 23, 2013 at 6:59 PM

It’s a little annoying– whether it’s AP’s or the senators’ presumption– that “grass roots righties” can’t focus on more than one thing at a time. (I heard: “can’t walk and chew gum at the same time.”)

There’s simply nothing the grass roots can do to impede the progress of this legislation through the imperious, Democrat-run Senate, with or without Shumer’s Republicans on board. My guess is that the opposition is holding much of its fire for the House, which is far more responsive to the grass roots, and all of which is up for election in 2014.

If something passes, it won’t be a backlash– a belated realization that those responsible for passing the bill should be punished. That decision will have been made the moment the bill passes. Scandalmania won’t stop that. The grass roots already grasp that that’s probably with us for the duration of this Administration, and will deal with the sell-outs sooner.

de rigueur on May 23, 2013 at 7:03 PM

Levin’s and Limbaugh’s and Hannity’s darling Little Boy, Rubio the Worm, is the main pusher, faceman and spokesmouth for the Comprehensive Destruction of America Plan and those jackwads still are French Kissing him.

VorDaj on May 23, 2013 at 7:04 PM

You’re in fantasyland, Allah.

No bill is going anywhere.

None.

Hate on Boehner all you want, he knows what’s up.

If you want to keep the house, and get the Senate, you clobber Barry and The Progs.

Then, when you’ve got Congress, you offer real reform and let the Dem nominees fight with Barry over pass/block.

If I had to put money down, I’d say Rubio is laying track to bail so he can go to the Latino communities and have hard proof that the Dems really aren’t interested in reform.

Then, you have Rand and Cruz. Who knows what damage they could do. It’s becoming much easier for both to claim this is the last thing we need to be passing.

budfox on May 23, 2013 at 7:04 PM

The senate bill, if passed, would die in the house, right? Right??

Jack_Burton on May 23, 2013 at 6:58 PM

Well, yes, in a way. But the House would pass its own version, and then they’d need a conference committee. And the appointees would have out a compromise bill that could not be filibustered in the Senate. The conference committee bill might look a lot like the Senate’s bill, depending on the appointees.

And if Boehner didn’t abide by the Hastert rule, who know what could be shoved down the GOP caucus’ throat. I think Boehner wold abide by the HR, though.

And IIRC, a conference committee requires unanimous consent of hte Senate, and I can’t see Sessions giving it. I don’t know if McConnell could somehow override that.

DeMint refused unanimous consent for Obamacare, so the Dems had to do the budget reconciliation-shell bill route.

Wethal on May 23, 2013 at 7:04 PM

Banyam — Nonsense, it’s just a way to get around the going market rate for highly skilled folks, there are a ton of computer programmers who got pushed out by an H1B visa holder because the visa holder was half price. And if we do need certain skills, let’s do a bill that ONLY ADDRESSES NEEDED SKILLS — the focus in this bill is on chain migration and amnesty for low skilled illegals already here. Our own low skilled workers can’t find jobs, we do not need one more low skilled worker. It’s like eating a horse turd because there’s some corn in it. It’s a vote bonanza for Democrats — who, in the long term, will tax those very businesses right out of existence.

And I have no pity for the pharmaceutical industry, they were one of the prime lobbyists and supporters of Obamacare, sold the country right down the river. The GOP OUGHT to let them go under.

MaureenTheTemp on May 23, 2013 at 7:08 PM

Amigos – comrades – muchachos – friends, we are gathered here as an edifice of the great glory that is now vanishing and the intuitive feeling, based on the assumption as Mencken once said, “He who underestimates the American public will never go broke.” This is merely a small indication to behold and to perceive that which has gone way into the behind and to that which might project .. I mean go forward … out of the mouth … i mean .. the future…we’ve got to rip up the constitution so we can rip down those outdated borders! This is the main deterrent upon which we have gathered our strength and all the others who say, “What the hell did that get?” – We don’t yet
know.

And as Miller once said in one of his great novels- what did he … that language is only necessary when bilingual communication is endangered. And you sit there bewildered, and Pinter who went further said “It is not the lack of communication, but fear of communication.” That’s what the damn thing is that we fear – communication – especially all the Spanish communication that’s even on a box of Wheaties now. Damn it! And through all this Mark Levin and Rush Limbaugh and Sean Hannity have attained, and have created for themselves serenity, and it is only their cognitive dissonance that is keeping them alive in their mindless absurdity.

Clearly today we must all be aware that political expediency and latino ethnicity takes precedence over rule of law and constitutional procedure. However you say – WTF ! – what does this mean… in relation to the tabulation whereby we must once again realize that the great reconquesta story is now being rehearsed before our very eyes, in the rise of Marco Rubio… indicating that only a two-faced … I mean a bi-faced … I mean a bi-polar … I mean a bi-lingual hombre can receive…the award for reconquesta, unlike Kenyan Hussein Obama whose reconquesta plans don’t drink water.

Senors y Senoritas, Ladies and Gentlemen. The time will come when a first world America will outlive its usefulness. Marx, either Groucho or Karl, I can’t remember which, maybe it was both or maybe it was Harpo, once said that America is the opiate of the people. I say that when America outlives its usefulness and becomes a majority latino nation , then opium…will be the opiate…Ahh that’s not a bad idea… we are going to need that badly especially when the booze runs out …

And the completely unbiased and bi-partisan panel, has determined to give the grand prize to Marco Rubio for his EARNESTY’S RAINBOW. Now EARNESTY’S RAINBOW is a token of this man’s genius…he told me so himself and repeatedly … that he could change perceptions by calling his plan for knocking down those pesky borders EARNESTY …in other words, he could have been more specific, but rather than allude to an articulation of the mundane, he has come to the conclusion that brevity is the importance of our nation’s shallow first world existence. God damn!

Marco Rubio’s . EARNESTY’S RAINBOW – is a small contribution to a certain degree, since there are over seven billion people in the world today. 450 of them … million live in the United States and Mexico which is a very, very small amount compared to those who will be miserable and dying elsewhere…Well, I say that you will be on the road to new horizons, for we who live in a society where citizenship is a commodity and a politician can become a TV personality, it’s not easy to conform if you have any morality…I, I, I said that myself many years ago…

But I do want to thank la Raza…I mean the RNC … I mean the DNC and it’s subsidiary the RNC, the organization for the $1,000 in affirmative action latino scholarships they’ve given out…tonight they took in over $4,000,000, but they do have expenses for their consultants you know, and I think that I have another appointment. I would like to stay here, but for the sake of brevity I, I must leave. I do want to thank you, and I want to thank Marco Rubio – acting el Presidenta of la Raza Mexiamerica and also Mr. Obama – acting Pharaoh and Drone Commander of the World – and also I want to thank Professor Irwin Corey and thank you. …

RasThavas on May 23, 2013 at 7:08 PM

Brayam has no problem phucking Americans.

Hey where you been these past couple of weeks? Too much heat?

CW on May 23, 2013 at 7:11 PM

The House bill doesn’t sound much better.

DavidW on May 23, 2013 at 7:11 PM

When I look at Marco Rubio, now all I see is the face of John McCain looking back at me and I can almost hear, “My friends, my friends …” coming from his mendacious mouth. It has become very clear that Rubio is The Man Who Never Was. He’s just a conman with a no longer very convincing con, so pre-teen girls (and various ‘conservative’ talk show hosts) you can get over your crush on him and now would be a good time.

Since Marco Rubio is now calling amnesty, “earnesty”, I am wondering when he will officially/legally change his name from Marco Rubio to Marco Orwell. He certainly should. Perhaps in the next Batman movie, as the series gets ever more worn out, he can play a composite of the Joker and Two-Face. And since Rubio is Spanish for Blond, maybe he will wear a blood wig as he goes about his quest with Obama Bain for the extinction of the Republic.

Limbaugh, Levin and Hannity, man up you little weenies and choose between your loyalty to Rubio and to America, you can’t have both. If you keep saying he’s a good guy, you are no better than that little worm. Patton would kick all three of you right in the ass.

VorDaj on May 23, 2013 at 7:15 PM

The House bill doesn’t sound much better.

DavidW on May 23, 2013 at 7:11 PM

It was drafted in secret by a Gang of Eight, too. That should tell you something.

Wethal on May 23, 2013 at 7:15 PM

PASS AMNESTY=GET UN-ELECTED.

TX-96 on May 23, 2013 at 7:16 PM

Brayam has no problem phucking Americans.

CW on May 23, 2013 at 7:11 PM

Neither does Rubio the Worm and his enablers Levin, Limbaugh ans Hannity. I have more respect for “Brayam”.

VorDaj on May 23, 2013 at 7:18 PM

Flake used dem tactics (smear/lie/throw mud) to win his seat so I am not surprised by this. *sigh*

AZgranny on May 23, 2013 at 7:19 PM

I got to say that Sen. Jeff Flake is really his title when it comes to RINOism policies…..

hawkman on May 23, 2013 at 7:22 PM

Here’s the link to Boehner saying it’s DOA.

wyntre9 on May 23, 2013 at 7:22 PM

I think the despicable Flake is wrong.

FloatingRock on May 23, 2013 at 7:24 PM

cmsinaz on May 23, 2013 at 6:53 PM

Exactly cms. I took today and tomorrow off and spent much of today calling reps and senators. I started calling McConnell’s D.C office at 9 their time and tried on and off, every time going to voicemail. I finally reached an aide at 2:00 and said that I was disgusted that McConnell was covertly pushing this bill along and wouldn’t do anything to block it. The aide snottily said, “that’s not what he said. He said he hasn’t decided yet” and she proceeded to hang up on me. I reached his Louisville KY office earlier and as soon as I said that I was calling from a border state, that aide put me on hold and never came back. Several sites were reporting that his office was getting deluged. So yeah, we’re keeping our eye on the ball.

TxAnn56 on May 23, 2013 at 7:24 PM

My father said that a forked tongued chief called Rubio, because he was a good talker, would take the lead in the council, and sell nearly all the country and it’s birth right. My father had sharper eyes than the rest of our people. A man who would not love the land of his father’s grave is worse than a slithering poisonous snake.

Hinmahtooyahlatkek on May 23, 2013 at 7:28 PM

Traitorous slugs. The GOP can take a flying leap.

I want a national divorce. Let’s do the Czechoslovakia thing. The leftist turds and their pets, the Vichy Republicans can stay in the American Socialist Superstate that is property of the whole world and where being a citizen is a black mark. The rest of us will restore an American Constitutional Republic in the states that leave. And those dirtbags had better not think of even trying to crawl across our border. If they do, they won’t make it in and won’t be going back out, either.

ThePrimordialOrderedPair on May 23, 2013 at 7:29 PM

The House bill doesn’t sound much better.

DavidW on May 23, 2013 at 7:11 PM

Exactly. The idiots in the House GOP leadership think that if they change a label or two they can pass the same treasonous cr@p and no one will notice.

Anyone who talks about “immigration reform” as if it’s something real and something that should be done is a traitor who has no business in the government … in fact, such slugs have no business in this nation.

ThePrimordialOrderedPair on May 23, 2013 at 7:32 PM

TxAnn56 on May 23, 2013 at 7:24 PM

good job :)

cmsinaz on May 23, 2013 at 7:34 PM

I voted for Jeff Flake over is his Democratic opponent, Carmona. So far he has disappointed me with almost all his votes. Believe me, at this rate, he will be primaried with a very strong backlash from all the conservative in Arizona. VERY disappointed…..VERY disappointed.

TimsTruth on May 23, 2013 at 7:36 PM

Hear me, my fellow Americans. My heart is sick and sad. From where the sun now stands, I will support these Rubio Republicans no more forever.

Hinmahtooyahlatkek on May 23, 2013 at 7:37 PM

Also keep in mind that House GOP members are less concerned about helping the US maintain and expand its global lead in the tech, pharma, science, and other sectors that rely heavily upon foreign talent. The latest Senate compromise is a huge win for American companies Democrat voting fraud operations that need to fill R&D positions which in turn fuel growth election fraud, and lead to more job creation stagnation in the US.

bayam on May 23, 2013 at 6:54 PM

fixed it..

First you put up a flat out lie, then cover for the real reason you democrats want to dump 30 million brand new legal residents on a country already burdened with a miserable jobless economy..

You can win elections more easily by playing racist smear games against grass roots Americans, by simply importing new voters to swell your ranks.

and Reid.. Schumer’s promises of stricter enforcement?

The democrats have lied, and reneged on every promise they have ever made on legislation.. every single time. The democrats have the credibility of the Russian Mob, and are even less civil.

Jim Wright lied to HW Bush on taxes..

Tip O’Neil lied to Reagan

Pelosi,. Reid lied to George Bush..

every deal made, the dems demand concessions for empty promises forgotten before the ink is dry..

Deportation may not be feasible, but granting residency to illegals is a slap in the face, and spitting on legal immigrants. But legals tend to be less ideologically left wing, so screw them… right?

and the hi tech industries can already get who they need through work visa’s, and you know it.. another dem lie..

unless you believe under the counter illegals are designing microchips..

try again..

It’s about stealing elections.. and democrats importing illegals to do the jobs many Americans won’t do.. vote democrat.

mark81150 on May 23, 2013 at 7:38 PM

Nothing gets passed that is this complex and disorganized in the next four years. Too many parts of it can blow up. Something might pass the Senate (because their are too many old geezers over there who don’t like to fight with each other), but that will die in the house.

The house bill is nothing more than a tentative agreement that leaves so many things unresolved that it will never survive when they try to resolve those differences. Like do illegal immigrants get ObamaCare…although now that I think of it if they don’t get ObamaCare maybe I should become illegal…I don’t want ObamaCare either. The House Bill is like the Korean War truce, there was a tentative agreement to have reunification some day….

I could be wrong of course, they have surprised me before, but right now the partisanship is deep in the house, unlike in the Senate. Heck Crazy Nancy just dropped the blame for the IRS scandal on Weeping John. I would be much more worried if the House Dems had a suck-up for a leader who suckered Boehner into something, thankfully they have a certified partisan nut in charge who will poison the waters even if Obama does not.

William Eaton on May 23, 2013 at 7:38 PM

MaureenTheTemp on May 23, 2013 at 7:08 PM

I doubt your GOP leaders will be able to run their election campaigns with your $2 donations.

HotAirLib on May 23, 2013 at 7:39 PM

Jim Wright lied to HW Bush on taxes..

Tip O’Neil lied to Reagan

Pelosi,. Reid lied to George Bush..

Then there’s Rubio, who lies to everyone.

VorDaj on May 23, 2013 at 7:41 PM

Almost everyone has a reason for pushing for amnesty: the Dems want millions of new Democratic voters. Rubio wants to be the first Hispanic President. McCain wants to back-stab conservatives and the American people. Miss Lucy wants whatever John McCain tells his he wants. Fake “Conservatives for Personal Profit” like Grover Norquist, the board of the American Conservative Union and the U.S. Chamber of Commerce want cheap labor subsidized by the U.S. taxpayers. Jeff Flake is so damn stupid he doesn’t know what he wants.

bw222 on May 23, 2013 at 7:42 PM

Once amnesty goes through and Texas is no longer reliably red, then it’s game over for good. Obama, like a good commie, sees that the ends justify the means and will take one for the team Nixon-style if that means securing his legacy of “fundamentally transforming” the American nation.

abobo on May 23, 2013 at 7:43 PM

HotAirLib on May 23, 2013 at 7:39 PM

The Dims seem to be able to run theirs with your sperm donations.

VorDaj on May 23, 2013 at 7:43 PM

TimsTruth on May 23, 2013 at 7:36 PM

With McCain and Flake, you are no better off than I am with two Dem. senators.

bw222 on May 23, 2013 at 7:45 PM

Flake must go! McCain should have been gone years ago.

Rovin on May 23, 2013 at 7:47 PM

it is deeply sad and disturbing that all we have left is the elaborate stylings of a political class to mis-direct and hide their self-interested positions.

This is the era of huge omnibus bills that no one (except for self-interested parties in business and the Left) have read)

this is little more than a elaborate ruse to cover over the aristocracy that rules this country. Flake and Rubio are just starting early in their careers to make compacts with schumer and durbin and the monied crowd. It is in their self interest. This is entirely about the exercise of power..the motivation for the corporations is plain, as is the motives of the left.

r keller on May 23, 2013 at 8:03 PM

Ted Cruz ..2016..

Rubio.. not a chance. When blindly accepting democrat lies and empty promises is his only plan, he’s done as a national candidate.

mark81150 on May 23, 2013 at 8:04 PM

Who’s clamoring for this anyway? Illegal immigrants?

BuckeyeSam on May 23, 2013 at 6:48 PM

Homosexuals, the gay-activists, so-called, otherwise known as Democrats. They want to kill DOMA and the Progressives in the GOP want to allow them to but don’t want to appear responsible…thus, DOMA eradicated and “gay marriage” ushered in nationwide and even subsidized by taxpayers via their ‘new’ immigration-reform madness (they want to import more homosexuals under guise of ‘marriage’ and need to eradicate DOMA to do so).

Lourdes on May 23, 2013 at 8:18 PM

Flake must go! McCain should have been gone years ago.

Rovin on May 23, 2013 at 7:47 PM

DITTO. And Rubio, though he has good ideals in some areas, he’s proven to be such a big disappointment, so eager to side with Progressives it calls into question his veracity in those other idealistic areas.

Lourdes on May 23, 2013 at 8:20 PM

Flake’s a good name for that piece of chit.

garnkikaloid on May 23, 2013 at 8:30 PM

Rubio is just like most hispanics: his first loyalty is to his raza.

garnkikaloid on May 23, 2013 at 8:31 PM

grassroots righties are focused elsewhere

Who’s focused elsewhere? Immigration “reform” has been the priority, and still
is the priority no matter what else is going on in Scandalville. Benghazi, the IRS and AP/FOX issues will not get this voter to show up and punch the ticket for any GOP candidate in 2014 if the Repubs. help push through amnesty.
The Stupid Party can just go right ahead and try to win with all the Latino votes they think they’re going to get.

lynncgb on May 23, 2013 at 8:32 PM

I tell every fundraiser that I won’t donate to GOP at all until or unless amnesty is defeated

And then I tell every congressional aide that I am telling every fundraiser I won’t contribute unless amnesty is defeated. It’s all I can do.

Flake and Rubio’s democrat opponents for their seats can count on a check from me. Obamacare isn’t enough of a reason to support an amnesty loving GOP.

earlgrey133 on May 23, 2013 at 8:34 PM

Hinmahtooyahlatkek on May 23, 2013 at 7:37 PM
I appreciate your homage to Chief Joseph but Rubio and the others might better be described as Schumer Republicans.

FloatingRock on May 23, 2013 at 8:41 PM

BuckeyeSam on May 23, 2013 at 6:48 PM

How bout no bill, better or otherwise. Just demand that the current laws be enforced. Since they have never been enforced, we don’t know how well they may work.

Alabama Infidel on May 23, 2013 at 8:41 PM

changer1701 on May 23, 2013 at 8:43 PM

What I’m I missing? How could Senate/House Republicans even consider putting this corrupt regime in charge of a reformed immigration policy? They don’t even enforce the present policy.

JimGeb on May 23, 2013 at 8:43 PM

Hinmahtooyahlatkek on May 23, 2013 at 7:28 PM

Funny thing is, Rubio is a lousy talker. He sounds like an eight-year old kid who is on his fifth reason why you should give him another cookie.

slickwillie2001 on May 23, 2013 at 8:44 PM

slickwillie2001 on May 23, 2013 at 8:44 PM

Rubio is sort of like Obama in that he sounds good when he is reading a speech from a teleprompter that was written by somebody else who, unlike Rubio, is a conservative.

FloatingRock on May 23, 2013 at 8:52 PM

Flake is a flake….
Passing any immigration bill will NOT help the Republicans.

Only pass a bill that will make the feds enforce border security.

Not one more damn dime to illegals.

redguy on May 23, 2013 at 9:07 PM

If the GOP passes amnesty, the GOP party politicians who do it should be punished. We should boycott the 2014 election. After it, doesn’t really make any difference, the amnesty folks will have guaranteed the socialists a permanent majority for years to come, why not just let the socialists get their way a few years earlier and punish those who give the socialists their big victory?

thuja on May 23, 2013 at 9:11 PM

“I like both Flake and Rubio, but I think both have made a huge mistake in joining with the likes of Schumer and McCain on this. Rubio, especially…he was better off trying to work on something geared towards border security, then walking away when this sham came together instead. Doubling down on it is a gross miscalculation that won’t win him any friends on either side.

changer1701 on May 23, 2013 at 8:43 PM”

One can only marvel at the claims of a “delicate balance” having been reached by the the “Gang Of Ocho.” It is a monument of pandering, posturing, corruption, greed, politics, and deception dwarfed, slightly, by the monstrous-abomination called OBAMACARE.
Heaven help us!

shorebird on May 23, 2013 at 9:24 PM

Hey Jannymae…

I guess my instinct was right.

When they violate a self proclaimed term limit, they are in the vortex. That Sedona one over McCains house. ;>)

wolly4321 on May 23, 2013 at 9:36 PM

that’s my senator
sigh
cmsinaz on May 23, 2013 at 6:49 PM

Rubio must be primaried.

I have never before counseled this, and I know how extreme a measure it might appear. But, if Rubio wins the primary, organize conservatives to go door to door for the democrat. Just do it.

kunegetikos on May 23, 2013 at 9:42 PM

bayam on May 23, 2013 at 6:54 PM

Liar.

xblade on May 23, 2013 at 9:46 PM

It is not difficult to guess the calculation that Rubio is making, as he sells out his base; but it is perhaps impolite to say.

He reminds so much of Nancy Pelosi. It’s amazing.

kunegetikos on May 23, 2013 at 9:48 PM

The illegal aliens came to this nation willfully shattering federal law, and systematically shattering every federal, state, or local law that they found inconvenient since.

To suggest that these same people who have literally taken whatever they wanted from this nation, demonstrating a complete disregard for the rule of law and a clear disdain for the rights of the citizens and legal immigrants of this nation, are suddenly going to become model citizens once they are granted AMNESTY is ludicrous.

These are criminals. They have a criminal mentality and a criminal outlook. They will continue to shatter any law they find inconvenient and that includes paying any taxes.

I will never vote for any member of the political class who has a hand in passing this amnesty. I will write in a candidate rather than support any candidate who has supported this AMNESTY in any way.

I will also donate my time and my money to see that any member of the political class who has taken part in trying to pass this AMNESTY is primaried and made a member of the private sector at the very next election for which those individuals stand.

Enough is enough. It is time to remind the political class that immigration law was written to protect the citizens of this nation from the predation of illegal aliens, not to be concerned with the ‘plight’ of those who have willfully shattered our laws and systematically drained the resources of American communities.

thatsafactjack on May 23, 2013 at 9:57 PM

thatsafactjack on May 23, 2013 at 9:57 PM

I hate to say it, but it seems that any common-sense solution to this issue, as you have noted, is like a wave reaching a crest. Once the wave breaks, it’s an inevitable disaster in the making. Now that the Republican Party has bought into the idea that “our immigration system is broken,” simply because illegal-aliens want to break our laws, use fake SS numbers, smuggle drugs and download “anchor-babies,” the wave has crested and the game is pretty much over.

shorebird on May 23, 2013 at 10:21 PM

GOP SAY NO! ENOUGH! JUST STOP!!!!

neyney on May 24, 2013 at 12:59 AM

Any politician that sees the current scandals as an opportunity to ram unpopular legislation through while the American people, already victimized by their government, should be run out of office as soon as possible!

easyt65 on May 24, 2013 at 1:04 AM

Back-burner is where this needs to stay.

Boehner said this is dead and that there will be an alternative House version. This will let the 8 foolish Senators off the hook.

Nobody wants freebies for illegals. Nobody is interested in making it easier for Chechnyan immigrants to attack innocent Americans. The government is broke. Let’s Hope the house does not give this any priority.

virgo on May 24, 2013 at 2:12 AM

These lying Ruling class TRAITORS KNOW the border laws are already NOT being enforced…….and that our national identity is being swept away……..

Gang of eight dream come true……..borderless America with Teaters by the tens of millions…..ensuring their power for decades.

complete and utter filth they are.

PappyD61 on May 24, 2013 at 7:10 AM

Mr. Flake, you don’t know me but I bundle for conservative representative candidates nationwide. I contribute more than most as well. I don’t like you, your tone nor your arrogance. This means I will make it my personal project to help finance your opponent in 2016. Now that Flake has shed his cocoon we now know he’s nothing short of a fetch and step it for the Democrats and the Republican Establishment. Let me tell the Tea Party here one thing, no more money my dear fiends until you have your conservative gimbal’s checked. No more O’Donnell’s, Akins, et al., and specifically this Jeff Flake and as the owner of the largest privately held ISP on the west coast I’m going to use some of that horsepower where I didn’t before. I’m done with clowns like Flake, got it? And I’m certainly not alone in this thinking especially after 2.3 million customers will hear my voice on this as well.

Tangerinesong on May 24, 2013 at 3:31 PM