Chris Matthews: Ugh, Morning Joe is so “open to all people’s points of view”

posted at 9:21 pm on May 23, 2013 by Erika Johnsen

Heh. On his own show this evening, Chris Matthews took umbrage with his early-morning colleagues on Morning Joe for what he sees as their apparently oh-so-irksome tendency to be “open to all people’s points of view on that show.” Yes, how very… uhm… dreadful of them? Via NewsBusters:

Screw ups are not need for penitential action, simply correction. But when Reince Priebus has the nerve to cross the line into giving us moral leadership, we all must laugh – laugh heartily. The administration’s bungling of the IRS issue has opened, of course, the door for GOP featherweights like RNC chair Reince Priebus to launch some serious accusations. They’re not serious coming from him. They sound serious. Priebus tweeted – which is a perfect means of communication for him yesterday – “Great show with Sean Hannity tonight. It’s lawlessness and guerilla warfare and Obama is in the middle of it.” This is what a leader of a political party talks like – a thirteen-year-old. This morning he doubled down on those accusations. Here he was on Morning Joe. I don’t know why they put him on. I guess they’re open to all people’s points of view on that show.

Good grief, man — tell us how you really feel, why don’t you. I certainly won’t pretend that I harbor any fondness or intellectual deference for DNC Chairman Debbie Wasserman Schultz (ahem), but if you’re at least trying to create some semblance of balance and diverse discussion of DC politics on a news show, the national chairman of the Republican party is kind of a legitimate get, no? Also, not sure I understand the implied insult with Twitter being “the perfect means of communication for him.” …Yeah, it’s a great means of communication for a lot of people, journalists and politicians and your fellow MSNBCers alike, and part of a social-media strategy that the Democrats used to great effect in the last election. Good one?

Comments

unhinged.

rob verdi on May 23, 2013 at 9:24 PM

Chrissy and MSNBC continue to beclown themselves.

rbj on May 23, 2013 at 9:24 PM

Speaking of other peoples views. I think it time the FBI agents who targeted Tea Party groups because of their IRS applications are identified and sworn in to testify. Oh. And have them bring their files for review.

pat on May 23, 2013 at 9:24 PM

The nerve of the morning joe show!

VegasRick on May 23, 2013 at 9:26 PM

MSNBC: The Place for Politics Pissants.

can_con on May 23, 2013 at 9:27 PM

Clearly the Left are full melt-down.

Tater Salad on May 23, 2013 at 9:28 PM

Sounds like someone is jealous of the hairdo.

RickB on May 23, 2013 at 9:28 PM

I actualy agree with Matthews, regarding Rinsed Prenis

The guy should not be on TV, especially combat TV. If he took debate in college, his teachers should be fired.

Hate Steele all you want, but he would pwn Morning Joe over these scandals.

budfox on May 23, 2013 at 9:28 PM

Whatever, Tingles.

John the Libertarian on May 23, 2013 at 9:29 PM

He’s just peeved because Morning Joe has a policy against cocktails in the greenroom.

forest on May 23, 2013 at 9:29 PM

Screw ups are not need for penitential action, simply correction. But when Reince Priebus has the nerve to cross the line into giving us moral leadership, we all must laugh – laugh heartily . . . This is what a leader of a political party talks like – a thirteen-year-old.

Nothing quite like epic pretension nosing-up silly childishness.

Axe on May 23, 2013 at 9:29 PM

I saw Reince on Morning Joe and he was basically ganged up on by the idiot John Heilman and Mika Boobinski (as much as that bubblehead can gang up on you), Schmoe wasn’t there. They of course treated him like something you’d scrape off your shoe which makes me wonder why he was there at all. Except to have a little fun watching them squirm about the IRS thing. Which they did.

(You can tell Heilman is on the verge of tears when his lips disappear into his mouth.)

Marcus on May 23, 2013 at 9:32 PM

People, we have to remember Chrissy is not talking to us, just his snot-nosed, mouth-breathing, zombie-commie audience. They expect this lack of objectivity and shame from him.

I wish HA would stop giving him views on his videos.

goflyers on May 23, 2013 at 9:33 PM

This is what a leader of a political party talks like – a thirteen-year-old.

Pi$$y is all wee-weed up!!

burrata on May 23, 2013 at 9:34 PM

Hate Steele all you want, but he would pwn Morning Joe over these scandals.

budfox on May 23, 2013 at 9:28 PM

Are you serious? Most of the time Steele is agreeing with them, which is why he was hired by MSNBC to begin with.

Marcus on May 23, 2013 at 9:34 PM

What point was that fat, drunken imbecile trying to make with that incoherent word-salad?

Walter Sobchak on May 23, 2013 at 9:40 PM

Chris who?

Midas on May 23, 2013 at 9:44 PM

Walter Sobchak on May 23, 2013 at 9:40 PM

Hillary was on there? I missed it.

Midas on May 23, 2013 at 9:45 PM

“open to all people’s points of view on that show.”

LMAO- hernia.
CMS morning reports tell a diff story.
Maybe he meant all the kooky,race card pulling loons and liars. A variety of diff loco views.

bazil9 on May 23, 2013 at 9:47 PM

The man who does his best boyish grin whilst telling the entire world that listening to Barack Hussein Obama speak gives him a thrill up his leg – accusing someone of talking like a 13 year old.

Fer Crissakes. Don’t these people listen to themselves? I feel like I live in a world of f***ing morons.

Leftists are not legitimate human beings. They are clumps of cells, nothing more.

IronDioPriest on May 23, 2013 at 9:47 PM

Is MSNBC a non-profit org? Because I can’t imagine that Matthews brings in much revenue. Whatever his salary, its more than he is worth. They must keep him on out of pity, knowing if they let him go he would be in the same boat as Olberman. If not MSNBC, who would work with him?

scalleywag on May 23, 2013 at 9:49 PM

Walter Sobchak on May 23, 2013 at 9:40 PM

That could also describe Pelosi’s earlier remarks!

scalleywag on May 23, 2013 at 9:52 PM

IronDioPriest on May 23, 2013 at 9:47 PM

Thanks to the left – its politicians, educators, etc – yeah, pretty much.

Midas on May 23, 2013 at 9:52 PM

IronDioPriest on May 23, 2013 at 9:47 PM

We do.

bazil9 on May 23, 2013 at 9:54 PM

Matthews shows out. In all fairness, of course.

Liam on May 23, 2013 at 9:56 PM

Is cmsinaz around?

Liam on May 23, 2013 at 9:56 PM

How can anybody watch this clown and still take themselves seriously?

Jackalope on May 23, 2013 at 9:56 PM

@Liam..I know lol
1st thing I thought of.

bazil9 on May 23, 2013 at 9:59 PM

I have had conversations like this with people who are falling down drunk.

NotCoach on May 23, 2013 at 10:01 PM

Chrissy Matthews manages to become the Heidi Fleiss and the Mayflower Madam of the DNC simultaneously.

viking01 on May 23, 2013 at 10:04 PM

Matthews is weakling milquetoast looking for a place to happen.

I never thought I would say this, but…

Our trolls are better.

Liam on May 23, 2013 at 10:06 PM

on a side note i was on http://www.nteu.org, which the treasury’s union web site, you will find a link encouraging their members to send a letter to their congress man opposing hr1780.

So the same agency that is suppose to implement this law feels that its not good enough for its employees. In the computer programming world there is a saying that goes “you need to eat your own shit to know how bad your program is” meaning you use your own program to experience the faults. I think it would be appropriate for nteu to eat their own shit.

phatfawzi on May 23, 2013 at 10:13 PM

I don’t watch his show.

Does Tingles remind his viewers to wipe the spittle from their mouths?

itsspideyman on May 23, 2013 at 10:14 PM

Here is Erika’s confusion…

“…but if you’re at least trying to create some semblance of balance and…”

Um, it’s MSNBC. That is not now and never HAS been a goal. They don’t want truth and balacne. They want anti-American, left-wing propaganda.

Warner Todd Huston on May 23, 2013 at 10:14 PM

Hey Chris,

You’re in no position to talk about anyone else’s relevance or legitimacy when you basically said it was your job to carry water for President Obama.

You’re a fanboy in the worst way, and no one should take you seriously. You should resign in disgrace.

BKennedy on May 23, 2013 at 10:15 PM

DNC Chairman Debbie Wasserman Schultz

I believe the politically correct way to phrase this is:

DNC Chairthing Debbie Wasserman Schultz

arik1969 on May 23, 2013 at 10:15 PM

You’ll have to pardon Tingles. He’s not gotten a lot of good news lately.

GarandFan on May 23, 2013 at 10:22 PM

Drat,I missed his show again.This must be 6 or 7 years in a row.I have to get myself some kind of reminder.

docflash on May 23, 2013 at 10:23 PM

Turd.

S. D. on May 23, 2013 at 10:26 PM

This is what a leader of a political party talks like – a thirteen-year-old.

It’s the “profit AND earnings ratios” that do it!!

There isn’t even any 10 year old American who would use “AND” to describe division, whether he had a tingle running up his leg or not.

ThePrimordialOrderedPair on May 23, 2013 at 10:37 PM

Sounds like someone is jealous of the hairdo.

RickB on May 23, 2013 at 9:28 PM

I am making an exception to my rule to never belittle a person’s looks or religion. Critique is one thing, cruelty is another.

Anyway, I think all Dems should get a DWS hairdo.

Then our POTUS could avoid looking like Larry of the three stooges when teasing his spouse at correspondent’s dinners.

And I looked for photos of Ms. Erika Johnson above and she has nice hair. I don’t know if she is also in a bikini in posted pics so I shall stop there.

IlikedAUH2O on May 23, 2013 at 11:03 PM

Honestly, I can’t understand how anyone takes any of these clowns seriously… On BOTH sides. Lets be real here for a moment… Republicans have some koolaid drinkers on their side as well. And they’re equally loony.

It would be nice if these guys were less popular. They’re not helpful.

Karmashock on May 24, 2013 at 2:36 AM

Let me guess, it’s only the pundits that make up this loathsome Matthews viewership.

sadatoni on May 24, 2013 at 7:24 AM

Is MSNBC a non-profit org?

scalleywag on May 23, 2013 at 9:49 PM

Well…technically, I think they are. But not intentionally. It’s a byproduct of sucking.

bigmacdaddy on May 24, 2013 at 7:24 AM

They BARELY allow contrary opinions … and when they do, they shout them down.

djl130 on May 24, 2013 at 7:38 AM

And Preezy Obysmal is a Muslim apologist who would like to limit the influence of the Internet: http://washingtonexaminer.com/obama-increase-in-domestic-terrorism-fueled-by-internet/article/2530391

onlineanalyst on May 24, 2013 at 9:05 AM

Dog whistle.

Good Lt on May 24, 2013 at 9:14 AM

“…the nerve to cross the line into giving us moral leadership, we all must laugh – laugh heartily.”

But why are we talking about Howard Dean?

princetrumpet on May 24, 2013 at 9:16 AM

When I want your opinion, I’ll give it to you.

skeedro on May 24, 2013 at 10:02 AM

I think what he said was great, honest and to the point…he should be commended for being so honest about how close minded he is.

This is why whatever few viewers they have, they have…because they do not want to hear the other side, and it’s important we are reminded constantly that the left is pretty much that way.

They do not tolerate other ideas or views, and Chris should be held as a perfect example of that close minded mentality that is so destructive.

Good for him…

right2bright on May 24, 2013 at 10:05 AM

Another Chrissy Hissy fit

PJ Emeritus on May 24, 2013 at 10:13 AM

C’MON PEOPLE!!

Have you no compassion for someone who is DEEPLY wounded by all the scandal that his god is having to endure? Especially since all the scandals are self inflicted wounds? Can we not all sense that Crissy is just wrought with fear and angst that his god will be damaged and once a god bleeds, is he then still a god or is he human and corruptable as Crissy undeniably is?

Can we not understand that Crissy MUST, no, is OBLIGATED to leap to the defense and try and shield with his massive influence… ok, leap to the defense with is mediocre influence….ok, ok, hop out there and flail away in an attempt at defense of his mangod?

I am sorely dissappointed in my fellow hotgassious bretheren commenters who have outright enjoyed skewering Chrissy Mathews.

Someone of Chrissy Mathews stature should be treated… ok..ok, DESERVES everything he’s getting from us, but we should remain true to our humanity and not undely persecute Chri….ok, ok, We should just not overly enjoy Chrissy’s… ok, ok…. We should maybe not broadast our shadenfreude….

Oh EFF him, I hope he chokes on his fear.

44Magnum on May 24, 2013 at 10:24 AM

Mathews is so busy servicing Obama it is impossible for him to service anyone else.

Charm on May 24, 2013 at 10:26 AM

One cannot help but wonder if lil crissy has always been as loony and incoherent as this…or if it’s just since he became a professional alcoholic.

Solaratov on May 24, 2013 at 11:11 AM

Speaking of tweeting like a 13-year-old, what was Prissy Chrissie’s reaction to “Its. The. Law.”?

Maddie on May 24, 2013 at 11:55 AM