Cruz: No, “I don’t trust the Republicans” with the debt ceiling

posted at 5:21 pm on May 22, 2013 by Erika Johnsen

While Scandalmania continues to swirl, Congress still has the regular hum-drum business of governing to get done — and with little-to-no fanfare over the weekend, we bumped up against our debt ceiling and officially entered into the “extraordinary measures” territory that is only going to keep the country going ‘sometime past Labor Day.’ Things got pretty heated over the issue on the Senate floor on Wednesday, with Sen. McCain scolding some of his fellow Republicans for blocking efforts to move forward with a budget and instead imploring them to leave it to the Republicans in the House to stay another debt-ceiling hike. Sen. Rubio did not appreciate that.

“Let’s put some confidence in if not in the conferees appointed here, but in the conferees who will be appointed on the other side of the Capitol, who are of our party, who are fiscal conservatives just like we are,” McCain said on the Senate floor. “Instead of blocking, what I assure my colleagues — all three of them here, that is a minority of the minority of Republicans in the United States Senate — that [a majority] want to move forward with a budget which we spent so many hours and so much effort in achieving.”

Nor did Sen. Cruz, who is part of the trio — including Sens. Mike Lee and Rand Paul — objecting to appointing conferees to a House-Senate panel to put together a budget without an assurance that the debt ceiling will not be raised.

The senior senator from Arizona urged this body to trust the Republicans. Let me be clear: I don’t trust the Republicans, and I don’t trust the Democrats. And I think a whole lot of Americans likewise don’t trust the Republicans and the Democrats because it is leadership in both parties that has gotten us into this mess. … What we are doing to our kids and grandkids, I think is immoral. Now, I commend the Democrats in this body for their candor. The Democrats and President Obama have been very explicit that it is their intention to raise the debt ceiling and to do so with no conditions whatsoever, just to keep borrowing and borrowing and borrowing money without any structural reforms to fix the problems. That is an intellectually consistent position. I think it is a dangerous position, but it is at least candid and that is the reason why everyday for sixty days the Democrats have opposed taking the debt ceiling off the table in this discussion. But unfortunately, one of the reasons we got into this mess is because a lot of Republicans were complicit in the spending spree, and that’s why so many Americans are disgusted with both sides of this House.

As both Rubio and Cruz point out, Congress has raised the debt ceiling — without fail, again and again and again — without adopting any substantive mechanisms to fix the glaringly obvious problem; why is it, exactly, that they are supposed to believe things are going to be different this time?

Comments

Let me be clear: I don’t trust the Republicans

Cruz is my new favorite.

nobar on May 22, 2013 at 5:24 PM

Can we clone Ted Cruz?

geojed on May 22, 2013 at 5:25 PM

I’m liking me some Cruz!

CTSherman on May 22, 2013 at 5:27 PM

“He’s such a bully. Why can’t he just get along? WAAAAAAAAAH!”

/now both republicans and democrats

Ward Cleaver on May 22, 2013 at 5:27 PM

“The truth is incontrovertible, malice may attack it, ignorance may deride it, but in the end; there it is.”

W. Churchill

tom daschle concerned on May 22, 2013 at 5:27 PM

“…who are fiscal conservatives just like we are,” McCain said

That’s funny.

Cruz is my new favorite.

nobar on May 22, 2013 at 5:24 PM

Me too. Or maybe Rand Paul, they’re both keeping me from going over the edge into complete cynicism.

Fenris on May 22, 2013 at 5:27 PM

Can we clone Ted Cruz?

geojed on May 22, 2013 at 5:25 PM

No, but I think there’s others like Ted out there, we’ve just got to get them elected.

Ward Cleaver on May 22, 2013 at 5:28 PM

Isn’t it time to quit calling it a ceiling? It’s more of a budget elevator. One of those space elevators that go all the way into low earth orbit.

Lily on May 22, 2013 at 5:29 PM

Ted Cruz may be the only Republican I’ll ever vote for again. I have never and will never vote for a Democrat.

txhsmom on May 22, 2013 at 5:30 PM

…I think there’s others like Ted out there, we’ve just got to get them elected.

Ward Cleaver on May 22, 2013 at 5:28 PM

I think it’s funny that you think it matters worth a tinker’s dam who gets elected.

gryphon202 on May 22, 2013 at 5:32 PM

Love Ted Cruz.
But would never soil my honor by abstaining from an election and giving it to a donk by default. Never.
When people say the Tea Party sat out the election because of Romney, they are now mistaken. They sat out because they were kneecapped by the donks

clnurnberg on May 22, 2013 at 5:34 PM

Damn McCain.

I really despise him.

portlandon on May 22, 2013 at 5:34 PM

Balls.

GodDAMN.

MadisonConservative on May 22, 2013 at 5:34 PM

OT

This story is gaining traction. Hehehehe.

The first lady may have once dated the Internal Revenue Service’s top watchdog, Inspector General J. Russell George.

The two crossed paths in the late ’80s, when they were both students at Harvard Law School.

In between working for Republican Sen. Bob Dole and President George H.W. Bush, George attended Harvard, according to a profile published in National Journal on Wednesday.

wyntre9 on May 22, 2013 at 5:34 PM

Love Cruz almost as much as Trey the Platinum Fox.

wyntre9 on May 22, 2013 at 5:35 PM

Lily on May 22, 2013 at 5:29 PM

Pols get the elevator,
We get the shaft

clnurnberg on May 22, 2013 at 5:35 PM

CRUZ RULES! This is why I voted for him in TX.

TX-96 on May 22, 2013 at 5:35 PM

Cruz has obviously been paying attention.

John McCain is “Exhibit A” to the argument of why nobody should trust Republicans to do what is best for the nation.

AZCoyote on May 22, 2013 at 5:35 PM

I’ll trade you a Collins and a King for Cruz

aceinstall on May 22, 2013 at 5:37 PM

Come on, the fiscal house of cards can surely hold a few more right there on top; it won’t fall over, promise.

Bishop on May 22, 2013 at 5:37 PM

“…who are fiscal conservatives just like we are,” McCain said

That’s funny.

Cruz is my new favorite.

nobar on May 22, 2013 at 5:24 PM

Fenris on May 22, 2013 at 5:27 PM

I’ve gone over into complete cynicism. Only because there are so few Congress Critters that make sense. It’s like a tiny insignificant 3rd party.

kirkill on May 22, 2013 at 5:38 PM

love this guy!

crrr6 on May 22, 2013 at 5:38 PM

Yes, I definitely like the cut of this Cruz fellow’s jib.

rbj on May 22, 2013 at 5:39 PM

My Cruz votes* are ones that I’m sooo glad that I cast!
(Primary, run-off, general)

annoyinglittletwerp on May 22, 2013 at 5:39 PM

Outstanding. I like the cut of his jib.

RadClown on May 22, 2013 at 5:40 PM

gryphon202 on May 22, 2013 at 5:32 PM

sesqui, is that you too?

DanMan on May 22, 2013 at 5:41 PM

kirkill on May 22, 2013 at 5:38 PM

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

Fenris on May 22, 2013 at 5:44 PM

Wish we had more out there with cajones

Debt ceiling shenanigans got us that whole “sequester” nonsense.

We are way past enough is enough.

Meanwhile…the GOP is joining hands, singing Kumbaya with the Dems, and ushering in the age of totally awesome immigration…

coldwarrior on May 22, 2013 at 5:46 PM

Cruz to McCain:

“You are a liar to the people.”

peski on May 22, 2013 at 5:48 PM

Meh. I’ve (heard) read many impassioned statements here that are just as good as what Cruz says on a regular basis.

I guess the fact that he says them in a room of dim bulbs is enough to get us all going but really, aren’t you just thinking to yourself,
“finally someone there says what I’ve been thinking for years!”

I guess one or two guys like him will have to do for now though.

can_con on May 22, 2013 at 5:49 PM

Ted Cruz will not back down.

I will not back down.

Millions and Millions of we Americans will not back down.

We will have Ted Cruz’s back and back him up too.

Push

APACHEWHOKNOWS on May 22, 2013 at 5:50 PM

Nothing will get fixed until we have 99 more
Ted Cruz’s in the Senate.

redguy on May 22, 2013 at 5:51 PM

Pols get the elevator,
We get the shaft

clnurnberg on May 22, 2013 at 5:35 PM

Ha! +1

GWB on May 22, 2013 at 5:57 PM

He’s all we got.

echosyst on May 22, 2013 at 5:58 PM

Cruz – so much of what Rubio is not.

VorDaj on May 22, 2013 at 5:59 PM

1 man on an island to represent all of us. Sad.

hillsoftx on May 22, 2013 at 5:59 PM

I can tell you how John McCain is going to die. Ted Cruz or Rand Paul will give him a heart attack.

Mark1971 on May 22, 2013 at 6:01 PM

Sen. Rubio did not appreciate that.

Who cares what that poco hombre says anymore?

VorDaj on May 22, 2013 at 6:01 PM

VorDaj on May 22, 2013 at 5:59 PM

clnurnberg on May 22, 2013 at 6:02 PM

<— Proud Member of the Ted Cruz Party.

Republi what?

Varchild on May 22, 2013 at 6:02 PM

Tax and Spend Two Party Evil Money Cult in Washington D.C..

The Two Party Evil Money Cult in Washington D.C. now enabled by Rubio lust with evi greed for illegal immigrants for wage/vote slaves.

APACHEWHOKNOWS on May 22, 2013 at 6:03 PM

As both Rubio and Cruz point out

its offensive to me to see ocho rubio mentioned in the same breath as Ted Cruz.

The former is a filthy traitor. The latter, a man of presidential timbre.

renalin on May 22, 2013 at 6:05 PM

I voted for Cruz

Thank Me!

Bleed_thelizard on May 22, 2013 at 6:06 PM

Wait a minute, didn’t Cruz run and win on a Republican ticket? So he doesn’t trust himself (a Republican)? This is just red meat to the base. Thats all.

tommy71 on May 22, 2013 at 6:06 PM

And through all this John McCain has attained, and has created for himself serenity, and it is only his insanity that is keeping him alive in his senility.

RasThavas on May 22, 2013 at 6:07 PM

Y’all do know that all this Cruz love is gonna’ make it all the harder when he betrays y’all.

cozmo on May 22, 2013 at 6:08 PM

its offensive to me to see ocho rubio mentioned in the same breath as Ted Cruz.

The former is a filthy traitor. The latter, a man of presidential timbre.

renalin on May 22, 2013 at 6:05 PM

Senors y Senoritas, Ladies and Gentlemen, Amigos – comrades – muchachos – friends. The time will come when a first world America will outlive its usefulness. Marx, either Groucho or Karl, I can’t remember which, maybe it was both or maybe it was Harpo, once said that America is the opiate of the people. I say that when America outlives its usefulness and becomes a majority latino nation , then opium…will be the opiate…Ahh that’s not a bad idea… we are going to need that badly especially when the booze runs out …

And the completely unbiased and bi-partisan panel, has determined to give the grand prize to Marco Rubio for his EARNESTY’S RAINBOW. Now EARNESTY’S RAINBOW is a token of this man’s genius…he told me so himself and repeatedly … that he could change perceptions by calling his plan for knocking down those pesky borders EARNESTY …in other words, he could have been more specific, but rather than allude to an articulation of the mundane, he has come to the conclusion that brevity is the importance of our nation’s shallow first world existence. God damn!

Marco Rubio’s . EARNESTY’S RAINBOW – is a small contribution to a certain degree, since there are over seven billion people in the world today. 450 of them … million live in the United States and Mexico which is a very, very small amount compared to those who will be miserable and dying elsewhere…Well, I say that you will be on the road to new horizons, for we who live in a society where citizenship is a commodity and a politician can become a TV personality, it’s not easy to conform if you have any morality…I, I, I said that myself many years ago…

RasThavas on May 22, 2013 at 6:10 PM

cozmo on May 22, 2013 at 6:08 PM

*glares*

annoyinglittletwerp on May 22, 2013 at 6:10 PM

Trust no one.

RealMc on May 22, 2013 at 6:11 PM

tommy71

Obtuse much?

xblade on May 22, 2013 at 6:11 PM

*glares*

annoyinglittletwerp on May 22, 2013 at 6:10 PM

Really?

You know that day will come.

cozmo on May 22, 2013 at 6:12 PM

“The Democrats and President Obama have been very explicit that it is their intention to raise the debt ceiling and to do so with no conditions whatsoever, just to keep borrowing and borrowing and borrowing money without any structural reforms to fix the problems.”

I think I see the problem here…

Seven Percent Solution on May 22, 2013 at 6:12 PM

And cozmo is bang on accurate.

tommy71 on May 22, 2013 at 6:13 PM

cozmo on May 22, 2013 at 6:08 PM

like anybody listens to a romney fluffer anywho. LOL

renalin on May 22, 2013 at 6:13 PM

renalin on May 22, 2013 at 6:13 PM

Romney fluffer?

You forgot your ritalin…again.

cozmo on May 22, 2013 at 6:19 PM

Smart man that Senator Cruz.

gophergirl on May 22, 2013 at 6:23 PM

I wonder how long it will take before McVain starts some Cruz name-calling. He only attacks conservatives. Wouldn’t know how to go after a lib.

Mirimichi on May 22, 2013 at 6:25 PM

It is not about just Ted Cruz, it is not just about this commie democrat party with this Sgt. Shultz leader they misled U.S. all with.

Ted Cruz if he should ever go over to the dark side means nothing.

It is about the rule of law, our constitution, freedom, individual liberty and self goverment.

We are strong just look at the people in Moore Ok. third bad storm and what do they do. Get at clean up, get after re-building, takeing care of one another. Take most any other disaster in most of America, we get the job done and we take care of one another.
Wichita Falls Tx back in 1979 or so, F-5 there, next day, clean up started, next day re-building going on, two years later most of the work done.

We must fight now just like many times prior. It is not a new thing is it?

APACHEWHOKNOWS on May 22, 2013 at 6:28 PM

Cruz will excite the base and attract Reagan Democrats and independents to sweep to victory in 2016.Finally, a Republican whom conservatives can trust!

redware on May 22, 2013 at 6:31 PM

Sen Cruz showing McCain that being a “maverick” is more than sucking up to the Washington establishment.

SAMinVA on May 22, 2013 at 6:31 PM

The future of the Republican party…Ted Cruz and Trey ( pit bull ) Gowdy. I luv these guys.

Bacon4allah on May 22, 2013 at 6:34 PM

We don’t need a Debt Ceiling. We need a SPENDING CEILING.

I.E. Place a CAP on SPENDING within a single fiscal year. Any attempt to go over the spending cap triggers a automatic cuts to entitlement programs $2 worth of cuts for every $1 of spending over the cap.

Varchild on May 22, 2013 at 6:38 PM

tset too

APACHEWHOKNOWS on May 22, 2013 at 6:39 PM

I can’t throw ‘em either…but I’d like to try.

Axeman on May 22, 2013 at 7:00 PM

The DIFFERENCE between a CONSERVATIVE and a SELF-SERVING, ESTABLISHMENT CLOWN KNOWN AS A REPUBLICAN has NEVER been more clear.

TeaPartyNation on May 22, 2013 at 7:03 PM

they’re both keeping me from going over the edge into complete cynicism.

Fenris on May 22, 2013 at 5:27 PM

You’ll join us over the edge when you realize conservatives are applauding Cruz for what should-be the basic position of all our representatives, at least in a sane world. The fact that he’s the only one stating what should be a basic premise, an absolute minimum sensible fact, (and getting accolades for stating the obvious) means we’re toast.

I think the guy is terrific, but he’s too little, too late.

Lost in Jersey on May 22, 2013 at 7:05 PM

I like Cruz more and more and like Rand Paul less now that he supports amnesty.

FloatingRock on May 22, 2013 at 7:15 PM

Damn McCain.

I really despise him.

portlandon on May 22, 2013 at 5:34 PM

I’ve hated him since he endorsed Obama back in ’08.

Alberta_Patriot on May 22, 2013 at 7:16 PM

McCain is such a clown…

I am not sure I can anymore than that…

William Eaton on May 22, 2013 at 7:17 PM

Pols get the elevator,
We get the shaft

clnurnberg on May 22, 2013 at 5:35 PM

Exactly!

I bow to your superior snark.

Lily on May 22, 2013 at 7:19 PM

oh wait I forgot, McCain makes Mittens look like a conservative.

William Eaton on May 22, 2013 at 7:19 PM

Damn you McCain. He passes the buck just like the rest of the @$$holes in Congress

hamradio on May 22, 2013 at 7:25 PM

No, I don’t trust the Republicans” with the debt ceiling either. But I trust Cruz.

Peace through strength.: The Cruz Missile.

petefrt on May 22, 2013 at 7:30 PM

Cruz is right. The GOP has its Beltway fossils of greater allegiance to Beltway as usual rather than to any Constitution or the peons.

Hatch and Miss Grahamnesty already have prostituted themselves for illegals with their committee vote. Rubio is a weather vane.

McVain rivals Tiny Tom Daschle in determination to get to any TV camera before anyone else with no limit to drama queening to effect same. That McVain was willing to deem Barky competent as POSOTUS only further confirmed McVain as unscrupulous.

viking01 on May 22, 2013 at 7:33 PM

I am amazed that I voted for McCain.

GaltBlvnAtty on May 22, 2013 at 7:59 PM

Let me be clear: I don’t trust the Republicans

Cruz is my new favorite.

nobar on May 22, 2013 at 5:24 PM

Cruz is most impressive. Rubio impresses one moment and fails, epically, the next. Rand Paul almost always impresses. The rest of the caucus is retarded, as are all of the Democrats in the world.

Jaibones on May 22, 2013 at 8:13 PM

they’re both keeping me from going over the edge into complete cynicism.

Fenris on May 22, 2013 at 5:27 PM

You’ll join us over the edge when you realize…

Lost in Jersey on May 22, 2013 at 7:05 PM

Actually, you can finish the sentence above in about a million different ways, and it will still be correct.

Wino on May 22, 2013 at 8:15 PM

Pols get the elevator,
We get the shaft

clnurnberg on May 22, 2013 at 5:35 PM

Ha! +1

GWB on May 22, 2013 at 5:57 PM

.. x 100.

(Used to be a crowd cheer in HS when the ref blew a call:
Elevator, elevator, we got the shaft!)

AesopFan on May 22, 2013 at 8:33 PM

I was wondering if anyone was gonna put their foot down about the budget. Here’s hoping Ted stays safe.

TMOverbeck on May 22, 2013 at 8:48 PM

Lily on May 22, 2013 at 5:29 PM

Point of order – the debt is well outside low Earth orbit.

Steve Eggleston on May 22, 2013 at 9:14 PM

Today’s number is $11,866,707,237,456.99, or the amount of publicly-held government debt as of yesterday. I remember a time less than four years ago (9/29/2009, the next-to-last day of FY2009, to be exact) when the entirety of government debt, including intragovernmental debt, was less than that.

By the way – the amount of publicly-held debt when Teh SCOAMT assumed the office was $6,307,310,739,681.66, with total government debt more than $1 trillion less than the current amount of publicly-held debt.

Steve Eggleston on May 22, 2013 at 9:22 PM

Um, no, it’s not an intellectually consistent position. Democrats won in 2006 and 2008 in large part because they pretended to be, and promised to be, fiscal conservatives. That was a BIG LIE.

Let’s go back to what the Democrats put in writing in 2006, when they thought then-current deficits (like $248 Billion in FY 2006) were a NATIONAL SECURITY ISSUE…

Over the past decade, the Republican controlled Congress took our nation in the wrong direction. Too many Americans are paying a heavy price for those wrong choices: record costs for energy, health care and education; jobs shipped overseas; and budgets that heap record debt on our children. For millions, the middle-class dream has been replaced by a middle-class squeeze…

Democrats are proposing a New Direction for America…

With integrity, civility and fiscal discipline, our New Direction for America will use commonsense principles to address the aspirations and fulfill the hopes and dreams of all Americans. That is our promise to the American people….

Our federal budget should be a statement of our national values. One of those values is responsibility. Democrats are committed to ending years of irresponsible budget policies that have produced historic deficits. Instead of piling trillions of dollars of debt onto our children and grandchildren, we will restore “Pay As You Go” budget discipline.

Budget discipline has been abandoned by the Bush Administration and its Republican congressional majorities. Congress under Republican control has turned a projected $5.6 trillion 10-year surplus at the end of the Clinton years into a nearly $3 trillion deficit– including the four worst deficits in the history of America. The nation’s debt ceiling has been raised four times in just five years to more than $8.9 trillion. Nearly half of our nation’s record debt is owned by foreign countries including China and Japan. Without a return to fiscal discipline, the foreign countries that make our computers, our clothing and our toys will soon be making our foreign policy. Deficit spending is not just a fiscal problem – it’s a national security issue as well.

Our New Direction is committed to “Pay As You Go” budgeting – no more deficit spending.

Pelosi promised no more deficit spending. Pelosi promised that both in writing (above) and live on C-SPAN:

After years of historic deficits, this 110th Congress will commit itself to a higher standard: pay-as-you-go, no new deficit spending. Our new America will provide unlimited opportunity for future generations, not burden them with mountains of debt.

- New Speaker Nancy Pelosi, 01/04/2007

In 2008, Obama made deficit spending a campaign issue:

“The problem is, is that the way Bush has done it over the last eight years is to take out a credit card from the Bank of China in the name of our children, driving up our national debt from $5 trillion for the first 42 presidents – #43 added $4 trillion by his lonesome, so that we now have over $9 trillion of debt that we are going to have to pay back — $30,000 for every man, woman and child. That’s irresponsible. It’s unpatriotic.

- Barack Obama July 3, 2008

Republicans held majority control (holding 2+ out of 3 of the House, Senate, and Presidency) from January 3, 1995 to January 2, 2007 and were majority responsible for the FY 1996 to FY 2007 budgets. Over those 12 continuous years of Republican majority control, the total national debt increased from $4.974 Trillion to $9.008 Trillion, an increase of $4.034 Trillion over 12 years, for an average of $0.336 Trillion new debt per year.

The Democrats have held majority control (holding 2+ out of 3 of the House, Senate, and Presidency) since January 3, 2007, and are majority responsible for the FY 2008 to FY 2013 budgets (and have failed to pass a budget since FY 2009).

On April 30, 2013, after 5 and 2/3 Fiscal Years of Democrat majority control, the total national debt was $16.829 Trillion.

In 5 2/3 years, Democrat majorities have added more than $7.82 Trillion to the national debt, an average of $1.380 Trillion per year.

Obama said adding $4 Trillion in debt over 8 years (really over 12 years) was “irresponsible” and “unpatriotic”.

Yet Obama (first as a Senator in the Democratic majority, and then as pResident), has added over $7.82 Trillion in 5 and 2/3 years.

Republican majorities added an average of $0.336 Trillion new debt per year for 12 years.

Democrat majorities have been adding an average of $1.380 Trillion new debt per year for the last 6 Fiscal Years, all after Pelosi promised, in writing and from the Speaker’s rostrum on C-SPAN, “no more deficit spending”.

Democrats now claim that we don’t have a debt problem. LIARS.

In their view,
+$5 Trillion = $9 Trillion: BAD (when it was Bush and Republicans), but
+$7.8 Trillion = $16.8 Trillion: GOOD (when it was themselves doing it).

In their view,
$0.336 Trillion new debt per year: BAD (when it was Bush and Republicans), but
$1.380 Trillion new debt per year: GOOD (when it was themselves doing it).

Pelosi promised “fiscal discipline” and “no more deficit spending”, but then added more new debt than any other House Speaker in history.

Democrats promised “fiscal discipline” and “no more deficit spending”, but then added new debt at OVER FOUR TIMES THE RATE of the Republicans they criticized.

The Democrats are such shameless, boldfaced LIARS that it is despicable.

It is a big mistake for Senator Cruz to say that the Democrats have “an intellectually consistent position”.

ITguy on May 22, 2013 at 9:48 PM

In their view,
+$5 Trillion = $9 Trillion: BAD (when it was Bush and Republicans), but
+$7.8 Trillion = $16.8 Trillion: GOOD (when it was themselves doing it).

Correction:
Should be +$4 Trillion, not +$5 Trillion.

Here’s a better way to say it:

In their view,
$5 Trillion +$4 Trillion = $9 Trillion: BAD (when it was Clinton, Bush and Republican majorities), but
$9 Trillion +$7.8 Trillion = $16.8 Trillion: GOOD (when it was Democrat majorities doing it under Bush and Obama).

ITguy on May 22, 2013 at 9:55 PM

yammer, yammer, yammer….. both parties are to blame. That’s a given. But nowhere in your “treatise” do I see any solution, much less bi-partisan objectivity. Did you cut and paste all that?

ultracon on May 22, 2013 at 10:36 PM

He is my senator. I helped in his campaign in whatever way I was able. I saw Dewhurst throw everything up against him and he beat him like an old rug. He is a stud! I couldnt be prouder of him. I hope he runs in 2016. I pray the Dems try to say he isnt really a US citizen. After Obama we will have a field day. I pray that the Dems say he doesnt have enough experience. Will they really think after Obama that will work? Bring it!

neyney on May 23, 2013 at 12:17 AM

When a true genius appears, you can know him by this sign: that all the dunces are in a confederacy against him. – Jonathan Swift

Cruz Rocks!

workingclass artist on May 23, 2013 at 1:34 AM

ITguy on May 22, 2013 at 9:48 PM

It’s a nice way to say they are consistently stupid and honest about it…He also said it’s immoral to our children and grandchildren to continue raising the debt and not cut spending.

workingclass artist on May 23, 2013 at 1:37 AM

Senators Cruz and Paul, if only we had more like them.

Panther on May 23, 2013 at 7:07 AM

As bad as Obama is, and he has been horrible, McCain might have been even worse as President.

jpmn on May 23, 2013 at 9:39 AM