Mia Love officially announces run for Congress in 2014

posted at 1:21 pm on May 20, 2013 by Mary Katharine Ham

Mia Love, mayor of Saratoga Springs, Utah and conservative crowd favorite of 2012, made it official Saturday she’s looking for a rematch with Rep. Jim Matheson in 2014. A break-out star of the GOP Convention and the Tea Party circuit, Love lost to Matheson in ’12 by under 800 votes. She made the announcement at the state Republican convention:

“You and I have some unfinished business with Rep. Jim Matheson,” Love told the more than 2,500 delegates gathered for the organizing convention, recalling her narrow loss last November.

Earlier this year, Love filed her candidacy with the Federal Elections Commission and hired top GOP strategist Dave Hansen, who ran Sen. Orrin Hatch’s successful 2012 re-election campaign.

Love isn’t sure whether she’ll face a primary challenger, but told reporters, “hopefully not.” She also announced on her Twitter and Facebook accounts after outreach to see “if the momentum was there, if we could build upon what we had before,” she said. “People are getting behind us and are more determined than ever to win this seat.” Her district is a top target for Republicans in the upcoming off-year elections.

And, now, please enjoy a reprise of her RNC speech:

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2

That’s too bad. With a name like nonpartisan I had hope for you as a moderate. But you’re the same type of bigot found among TP extremists. The stench is the same.

Capitalist Hog on May 20, 2013 at 3:18 PM

That was about as incoherent as usual from you….

JFKY on May 20, 2013 at 3:20 PM

Capitalist Hog on May 20, 2013 at 3:18 PM

You are unquestionably a phukking moron. That is without question.

HumpBot Salvation on May 20, 2013 at 3:22 PM

Capitalist Hog on May 20, 2013 at 3:18 PM

You are unquestionably a phukking moron. That is without question.

HumpBot Salvation on May 20, 2013 at 3:22 PM

I’m going to go out on a limb and assume this moron has links to evidence of TP racism. I hear Breitbart still hasn’t payed out that six-figure reward for such evidence.

CurtZHP on May 20, 2013 at 3:24 PM

CurtZHP on May 20, 2013 at 3:24 PM

I think that tard confused his Herr Doktor Paul’s musings with something from the Tea Party. I didn’t think anyone could outdumb nonpartisan…but along comes the Hog.

HumpBot Salvation on May 20, 2013 at 3:34 PM

To ignore Hog, and stay close to topic…this is IT for Mia Love. She doesn’t close the 800 vote gap, no more Love “Love” for me…

I wish her the best.

JFKY on May 20, 2013 at 3:39 PM

CurtZHP on May 20, 2013 at 3:24 PM

You’re serious? You cannot find one photo, report, anecdote, video, example, account, etc of Tea Party bigotry?

OK, if you’re that incompetent I’m sorry for you. But if you want to be honest I’m here. What I won’t do is litter this blog with a series of bigot-parade signs and hate-speech. I respect HA to know that my ideas are mine and while I enjoy passing the time watching clowns like you wield your flaccid intellect I won’t bogart this thread with the same news reports that are available all over.

You want me to start a blog wherein you can challenge my assertions? Fine, as long as you’re one of the bloggers. I’ll pay for everything. You’re a sound guy? I need to license some audio-clips anyway.

Capitalist Hog on May 20, 2013 at 3:40 PM

Capitalist Hog on May 20, 2013 at 3:40 PM

Note MIA LOVE thread, not a Hawg Hi-Jack thread….

JFKY on May 20, 2013 at 3:44 PM

CurtZHP on May 20, 2013 at 3:24 PM

It’s probably a little sexist of me to have left this out.

Implicit in my accusations are charges of overt and violent sexism as well. War on Women is stupid. But not as stupid as the way TPers collectively address and treat women.

Capitalist Hog on May 20, 2013 at 3:47 PM

nonpartisan on May 20, 2013 at 1:50 PM

Plenty of Japanese-American Democrats, too – the same apply?

PJ Emeritus on May 20, 2013 at 3:47 PM

In all the years since Hot Air began (I lurked for years, before catching an open enrollment) never have I seen such vile and hateful trolls avoid the ban hammer this long.

I too will be sending a donation to Mia Love; it was foul how both she and Allen West were targeted by outside groups due to their race.

Madisonian on May 20, 2013 at 3:49 PM

democratunderground.com already has your honest opinions covered.

tom daschle concerned on May 20, 2013 at 3:50 PM

Note MIA LOVE thread, not a Hawg Hi-Jack thread….

JFKY on May 20, 2013 at 3:44 PM

Um, follow the bouncing ball. My comment was on topic. Then I replied to Curt.

Mia Love seems like the right kind of crazy. Utah has a lot of GREAT people. Here’s a stereotype about Mormons I’m guilty of pushing: Mormons rock! I think her religion is an absolute strength and asset.

Hopefully she avoids the trap fallen into by so many African-American conservative candidates; I hope she avoids the TP mantra about blacks and slavery. Avoid that misstep and she’s gold.

Capitalist Hog on May 20, 2013 at 3:54 PM

yes!! i’m sure she can win this time. she came so close last time. i am excited for her…

Sachiko on May 20, 2013 at 3:58 PM

My brother-in-law and sister live in Mia’s district. They’re both die-hard conservatives. They both split their ticket and voted for Matheson.

Yeah, I boggled at their stated intention to do so a couple of weeks before the election as well. I asked them why they planned to do so and my bro-in-law spoke for them both when he said “Jim Matheson is a good man.”

Matheson is also the son of a very popular former governor and thus gets a lot of leftover good will from that.

I pointed out many of Matheson’s crappy votes for crappy spending bills that were as far from conservative as could be (of which neither of them had heard until then). It didn’t matter. He’s got the Matheson name and is “a good man” so he had their vote, no matter what.

I think this type of emotional response to Matheson is fairly prevalent in UT and is why Mia lost the last election.

Magson on May 20, 2013 at 3:59 PM

Sachiko on May 20, 2013 at 3:58 PM

I love that she stepped right back into it too. That takes heart. She’s young, vibrant and clear-thinking. Plus, she has a great media-mentor in Sarah Palin.

Some may be shocked by that I made last statement. But it’s true. There is no better template providing “how to” and “how not to” make it in American politics.

Sarah Palin gives clear insight into “how to” and “how not to” proceed for Mia Love. She’s a future POTUS candidate.

Capitalist Hog on May 20, 2013 at 4:02 PM

My goodness what an ugly thread this is. Minority Republicans certainly reveal the very worst character defects in Democrats and even moderates.

juliesa on May 20, 2013 at 4:05 PM

Is she a mormon?

nonpartisan on May 20, 2013 at 1:41 PM

does that scare you?
are you going to run screaming for your life over it?

dmacleo on May 20, 2013 at 4:14 PM

Magson on May 20, 2013 at 3:59 PM

I think that happens a lot in smaller populations, like some of the western states. They all knew someone’s daddy, or whatever, so they vote for that guy even though he’s a Dem, as long as he doesn’t mess with their guns. if he brings back the pork, even better. I’m glad in a way to live in a big state where politics have become somewhat less personal, and more party or principle based. It took Texas a long time to make the complete switch from Dem to Repub, but we did it.

juliesa on May 20, 2013 at 4:14 PM

Capitalist Hog on May 20, 2013 at 3:40 PM

While there are plenty of left-wing “reports” and “anecdotes” of Tea Party bigotry, there is no evidence. As with all protests, at any Tea Party protest there have probably been one or two idiots holding stupid signs. The funny thing is, at any liberal protest the people holding racist/communist or other signs are or are close to the majority but that never gets reported. Instead, if one person out of a thousand at a Tea Party rally has a sign that can be interpreted as racist, the entire Tea Party movement is declared racist – which is absurd.

What nobody has ever been able to show is that a) any alleged racist signs at rallies are officially related to any Tea Party movement or b) that any Tea Party platform, official statement, official position, etc. has ever in any way been racist.

In fact, the opposite is true. the idea that the Tea Party is racist has been debunked so many times by so many people – with facts, figures, polls, etc., that it is laughable that anyone claiming to be independent minded would still shill that nonsense.

It’s sad that people continue to throw the race card around rather than making arguments.

I’ll even take it a step further. Let’s assume that the vast majority of Tea Party members are racist. How, in any way, does identifying that rebut the arguments the Tea Party makes about lower taxes and smaller government? It doesn’t. which demonstrates that using the race-card is nothing more than a (dishonest) tool used by those unable to rebut the substance put forth by their political opponents.

“Hey, look over there!! He’s racist. Therefore, his argument that 2 + 2 = 4 has no merit.” Doesn’t really follow does it?

The sad fact is that the left is far, far more racist than they claim the right to be. There is tons of evidence to this effect. Any black, Hispanic, Asian, female, or gay person that has the audacity to argue conservative ideas finds out just how racist the left is immediately. The Oreo cookies or coconut slurs start flowing, the claims of “uncle tom”, etc. are yelled so shrilly as to deafen most people. Yet, the left gets away with it because a) they don’t rally hold non-racist beliefs, they just use the cry of “racism” to avoid arguments over ideas; and b) the press refuses to report on liberal racism.

Cries of racism are the last refuge of the scoundrel. Since liberals hate the idea of Patriotism, it has easily replaced patriotism as a refuge.

Monkeytoe on May 20, 2013 at 4:15 PM

uh, she’s black…and if she’s black and mormon (considering how mormons treated blacks) well I’d have to question her judgment

nonpartisan on May 20, 2013 at 1:48 PM

a new level of stupidity was reached with this post.
and it shows how color matters to you.
bigot.

dmacleo on May 20, 2013 at 4:17 PM

Magson on May 20, 2013 at 3:59 PM

I’m not sure they can claim to be conservative if they are making that argument.

A – how do they know he is a “good man”. do they know him personally? Know the inside of his marriage? His business dealings? How can anyone really know whether or not someone, other than someone very, very close, is a “good man”?

b – Even if he is a “good man”, why does he deserve their vote? I know plenty of “good people” who I would not vote for because I disagree with them politically, or because they aren’t that bright.

People who vote like this trouble me greatly (and trust me, I have family members who do the same type of thing). the reality is they are voting on nothing more than name identification. It is basically another form of celebrity worship. they see a name in the papers that gets good press, and so they want to be associated with that name.

Monkeytoe on May 20, 2013 at 4:22 PM

nonpartisan on May 20, 2013 at 1:48 PM

Too funny. And yet you are still pretending not to be a hard-core lefty.

Democrats were the party of slavery, segregation, Jim Crowe, the KKK, and opposing the civil rights movement. Yet, there are tons of black democrats. Do you question Obama’s judgment for being a democrat considering how democrats treated blacks?

nonpartisan. Still lying and lying and lying. And still an idiot.

Monkeytoe on May 20, 2013 at 4:25 PM

She’s running in Utah you moron. Even most the Democrats are Mormon. Including Jim Matheson, her Democrat rival.

gwelf on May 20, 2013 at 1:45 PM

partisan on May 20, 2013 at 1:48 PM

mormonism is a phony religion (maybe redundant?) that discriminated against blacks

partisan on May 20, 2013 at 1:50 PM

wiki:

The church has never kept official records on the race of its membership, so exact numbers of black members are unknown. Black people have been members of Mormon congregations since its foundation, but before 1978 its black membership was small.

In 1970, Wynetta Willis Martin gained the distinction of being the first African-American member of the faculty at Brigham Young University. After being baptized she joined the Mormon Tabernacle Choir. She accepted it as her personal mission to prove to the world that there were in fact African-American Mormons and that the Mormons were not racist. She toured with the choir for two years before accepting her appointment on the faculty at BYU. She was employed in the training of nurses and tried to help them become more culturally aware. About the racial restriction policy, she said: “These two things: baptism and the Holy Ghost are the only requirements, contrary to popular belief, for entering the Celestial Kingdom and being with God for eternity if one is worthy. Therefore, the Priesthood covenants of the Temple which we are not allowed at this point are not really so crucial as popular belief dictates.”

If the Mormons are so “racist”, why did they make Ms. Martin a faculty member at their flagship university? And why did infamous Black Party leader Eldridge Cleaver become a Mormon?

As for your childish claim that it is a “phony religion”, the National Council of Churches rates it as the 4th-largest congregation in the United States. Please define “real religion” for us, so we can laugh at you even more.

And just curious, Junior: how do you feel about the Islam religion’s treatment of women and gays?

(Starts Sundial #469)

Del Dolemonte on May 20, 2013 at 4:27 PM

Monkeytoe on May 20, 2013 at 4:15 PM

Your first sentence is so effective that I don’t need to read the rest of your comment. If we can’t agree on an evidentiary-standard there is no debate.

Capitalist Hog on May 20, 2013 at 4:30 PM

Here is a link to Mia Love’s Congrerssional Exploratory Committee website where you can learn more about Mia, sign up to help, or donate.

Go Mia!

wren on May 20, 2013 at 4:33 PM

Smacked the hell out of nerve on that one, didn’t I?

CurtZHP on May 20, 2013 at 4:33 PM

Can we please get some George Romney love in here? There is no discussion about Mormons, African-Americans and politics that does not include his legacy.

Mia Love is an obvious beneficiary of his political legacy.

Capitalist Hog on May 20, 2013 at 4:35 PM

Smacked the hell out of nerve on that one, didn’t I?

CurtZHP on May 20, 2013 at 4:33 PM

Totes.

Capitalist Hog on May 20, 2013 at 4:37 PM

Here is a link to Mia Love’s Twitter page:

Right now Mia has 51,454 Twitter Followers. Let’s increase that number today.

An easy and free way to show your support for Mia’s campaign is to sign up to follow her on Twitter.

wren on May 20, 2013 at 4:39 PM

Capitalist Hog on May 20, 2013 at 4:30 PM

Let’s just agree you have no evidence. Read my whole comment and prove me wrong if you can.

We both know you cannot. There is absolutely no evidence of the Tea Party being racist.

You use the race card because you and the left as a whole cannot rebut arguments made by conservatives. It is that simple.

You are repugnant and vile. Of that we have ample evidence in your posting here.

Monkeytoe on May 20, 2013 at 4:42 PM

Seems this has turned into a typical bigot fest. Might as well go for the throat – Barack Hussein Obama couldn’t be more of a Christian of convenience than if he was selling Slurpees and Slim Jims out of Rev. Wright’s church parking lot.

kirkill on May 20, 2013 at 4:45 PM

Here is a link to Mia Love’s Facebook page where you can sign up to be Mia’s friend.

Right now Mia has 44,522 Friends. How many more friends will be added from Hot Air?

wren on May 20, 2013 at 4:48 PM

If we can’t agree on an evidentiary-standard there is no debate.

Capitalist Hog on May 20, 2013 at 4:30 PM

Please present the lefty ramblings that you consider evidence of Tea Party racism.

Then I will find actual video of liberals throwing Oreos at Michael Steel, for instance, to show just how vile and absolutely racist the entire left is.

You will have an anecdote from some lefty claiming they heard a Tea Party person making a racist statement or a picture of a lone racist sign at a Tea Party rally. I will have hundreds, if not thousands, of documented instances where the left, in an organized manner, used racial slurs against conservative blacks, Hispanics, Asians, Women and gays.

My evidentiary standard is quite simple – real evidence, not the fevered imaginings found at DKOS or the Democratic Underground. Something that can be authenticated and for which we can establish a foundation will be evidence. Anything resting on hearsay will not be evidence.

Now, with that standard in mind – please prove the Tea Party’s racism.

Monkeytoe on May 20, 2013 at 4:49 PM

Capitalist Hog on May 20, 2013 at 4:30 PM

Bears repeating.

You are unquestionably a phukking moron. That is without question.

HumpBot Salvation on May 20, 2013 at 3:22 PM

HumpBot Salvation on May 20, 2013 at 4:51 PM

Capitalist Hog on May 20, 2013 at 4:30 PM

Monkeytoe on May 20, 2013 at 4:42 PM

As I recall, some African-American congress critters claimed to have been called names as they purposely entered a Tea Party rally-they actually went out of their way to do so, trying to bait the crowd. But later, someone (Breitbart?) offered a $10,000 reward for anyone who had video evidence of the alleged racism actually happening.

That reward was never claimed.

Del Dolemonte on May 20, 2013 at 4:52 PM

Now, with that standard in mind – please prove the Tea Party’s racism.

Monkeytoe on May 20, 2013 at 4:49 PM

And please remember, while attempting to prove the Tea Party’s racism, that the DNC has Robert Byrd – a KKK Grand Wizard – to account for.

So, I’m assuming that you have something bigger than a KKK Grand Wizard as your proof that the entirety of the Tea Party is racist.

Monkeytoe on May 20, 2013 at 4:53 PM

Let’s just agree you have no evidence.

Alternatively, that you’re a liar and too stupid to understand my last comment.

If this is your level of reasoning I didn’t miss much. Like I said before you’ve preemptively reject any “evidence.” What more shall I say to you?

How about this? “OK, you win.”

Is that good enough? No?

OK. You’re the bestest commenter ever in the history of commenting. Everything you say is correct. You are God’s spellcheck.

You’re kind of clingy. I bet your boyfriend hates that about you.

Capitalist Hog on May 20, 2013 at 4:55 PM

That reward was never claimed.

Del Dolemonte on May 20, 2013 at 4:52 PM

Exactly my point to Idiot Hog. there has only ever been “anecdotes” (read hearsay, not evidence). Claims do not equal evidence. And that the claims all come from political opponents of the Tea Party is even more revealing. And that they can never back-up the claims is damning.

It’s the same old song and dance. Call someone racist and then demand they prove otherwise.

Plus, the Tea Part is hardly a top-down well-organized single entity. So the idea that one can claim that it is “racist” is pretty laughable.

Such is always the way with leftist though. They are unable to argue anything on the merits (because they know they will lose) and thus they look to change the subject or make their opponent seem so toxic that nobody will listen. It is the same as a child holding their ears and shouting.

Monkeytoe on May 20, 2013 at 4:58 PM

Del Dolemonte on May 20, 2013 at 4:52 PM

So a bunch of lying congresspersons prove there is no Tea Party bigotry?

Do yourself a favor, never, ever, ever, ever represent yourself in court not even for a traffic citation.

Your honor my friend was pulled over falsely once so I could not have been speeding.

I don’t follow your logic, son.

RINO!

Capitalist Hog on May 20, 2013 at 4:59 PM

Alternatively, that you’re a liar and too stupid to understand my last comment.

How about this? “OK, you win.”

Is that good enough? No?

You’re kind of clingy. I bet your boyfriend hates that about you.

Capitalist Hog on May 20, 2013 at 4:55 PM

So what you’re saying is that you cannot point to any evidence of tea party racism.

You want to excoriate someone for their lack of reasoning yet you’ve offered a claim with no proof. So, back it up.

gwelf on May 20, 2013 at 5:01 PM

Alternatively, that you’re a liar and too stupid to understand my last comment.

How about this? “OK, you win.”

Is that good enough? No?

You’re kind of clingy. I bet your boyfriend hates that about you.

Capitalist Hog on May 20, 2013 at 4:55 PM

My reasoning is easy for most to understand. But, being a lefty, I can understand that you are unable to grasp simple logic. I laid out a case pretty clearly – you refuse to participate and claim all kinds of reasons why you won’t participate.

So, let’s put forth what has occurred:

1. You call the Tea Party racist
2. I demand that you prove it
3. You refuse to do so and pretend to be high-minded and sophisticated – even using the term “evidentiary standard” to prove you are “smart”.
4. I again point out that you are an idiot
5. You attempt ot make clever remark that you think puts me down, but still refuse to back-up your claim taht the Tea Party is racist

I guess you will continue to do this. I know the one thing you will never do – which is prove the Tea Party is racist.

That means, despite your juvenile sarcasm, that I in fact do win the argument. I challenged you to prove your assertion. You refuse to even attempt it.

Here’s an evidentiary standard for you – if you refuse to produce something you claim to be able to produce, I get a presumption that you are in fact unable to produce the thing and that failure to produce the thing entitles me to the further presumption that such failure means what you claimed is untrue and that you know it is untrue.

Try and be an adult. Don’t call someone a racist unless you are prepared to document the reasons.

Using the race-card makes you a dishonest hack. It also makes you loathsome.

because you are a leftist, being dishonest is your gig, so I’m sure it does not bother you.

Monkeytoe on May 20, 2013 at 5:04 PM

So a bunch of lying congresspersons prove there is no Tea Party bigotry?

I don’t follow your logic, son.

RINO!

Capitalist Hog on May 20, 2013 at 4:59 PM

LOL.

Yet, some anecdotes on a leftist website comment board prove beyond a shadow of doubt that the entire Tea Party is a racist entity.

Do yourself a favor, never, ever, ever, ever leave your little padded room.

Bears repeating.

You are unquestionably a phukking moron. That is without question.

HumpBot Salvation on May 20, 2013 at 3:22 PM

Don’t you have some Ron Paul newsletters to edit?

HumpBot Salvation on May 20, 2013 at 5:05 PM

So a bunch of lying congresspersons prove there is no Tea Party bigotry?

I don’t follow your logic, son.

RINO!

Capitalist Hog on May 20, 2013 at 4:59 PM

You’re a genius of evidence. You make a claim that the tea party is racist but have no proof. Except, some member of congress says someone yelled something at them from a crowd.

Not only can you (or they) not prove that someone yelled something racist you have yet to show how even if this were true that it makes the Tea Party racist. If non-evidence of someone yelling something from a crowd is proof of a smear that is used to try and define and discredit a whole movement then you are the one using faulty reasoning. If you’re going to legitimately claim that an entire movement is rife with racism and racists then you’ve got to have more to go on than just one flimsy incident that in inconclusive. Unless that is you’re a complete hack.

The media and the Democrat party hate the Tea Party, if there was some actual evidence of their racism then we’d certainly have already seen it broadcast 24/7. But we haven’t. Instead it’s all shaky insinuations.

gwelf on May 20, 2013 at 5:08 PM

So a bunch of lying congresspersons prove there is no Tea Party bigotry?

I don’t follow your logic, son.

RINO!

Capitalist Hog on May 20, 2013 at 4:59 PM

You seem to think you understand the law. Your comments make it clear you do not. If you are an attorney, I feel bad for your clients.

The argument is that the congressmen and their aids made a claim. They could not prove the claim in any way – despite there being a multitude of cameras at the event in question. a significant reward was put forward for anyone at the event to produce video of the claimed racial slur. None came forward. It is highly unlikely that if such slur had been made that it would not have been captured on film. Thus, the logical conclusion is that no such slur was made and the lefties, as usual, were lying.

Now, in a court of law the person making the claim (that a slur was made) would have the burden of proof. It is in fact the congress people who made the claim who failed to prove the slur was made.

Therefore, any honest observer would have to come to the conclusion that no slur was made.

But, you are not honest. so you will come to the unfounded conclusion.

Monkeytoe on May 20, 2013 at 5:08 PM

That reward was never claimed.

Del Dolemonte on May 20, 2013 at 4:52 PM

Yes, it was Breitbart, and the reward was more like $100K. Still unclaimed. Why’s the troll here arguing with us when he could be making out like a bandit?

CurtZHP on May 20, 2013 at 5:12 PM

Here’s something interesting. If I am so full of crap why are you morons so engaged with me? Brer Rabbit, is that you?

gwelf on May 20, 2013 at 5:01 PM

Instead it’s all shaky insinuations.

gwelf on May 20, 2013 at 5:08 PM

Hey I can’t make you less stupid. If that’s your interpretation so be it. My point is simple. If “evidence” is rejected BEFORE IT’S PRESENTED what is the point?

I don’t expect a sensible reply from you. I expect more stupidity. Please, continue. Your stupidity informs.

Capitalist Hog on May 20, 2013 at 5:16 PM

Del Dolemonte on May 20, 2013 at 4:52 PM

So a bunch of lying congresspersons prove there is no Tea Party bigotry?

I don’t follow your logic, son.

RINO!

Capitalist Hog on May 20, 2013 at 4:59 PM

lol! If you had any reading comprehension, my post states that those congress critters were the ones accusing the Tea Party of bigotry. They did not disprove it.

F-

Oh, and I was admitted many many years ago as an expert witness in the Judicial Court system here in New Hampshire, and still am. So I know my way around the courtroom. You, on the other hand, seem to have audited classes at the Law School of Moe Howard University.

Now, can you please provide us with credible and multi-sourced evidence of the racism and/or bigotry displayed by the Tea Party? If you had any, you would have shared them with us by now.

(Starts Sundial #567)

Del Dolemonte on May 20, 2013 at 5:21 PM

Capitalist Hog on May 20, 2013 at 5:16 PM

We asked you to present evidence. YOu refuse. And yet you call us non-sensible?

You are a true class act. You call the Tea Party racist and when challenged, you post many replies as to why you won’t prove your assertion.

Either present the proof that you claim to have or die.

Monkeytoe on May 20, 2013 at 5:22 PM

Capitalist Hog on May 20, 2013 at 5:16 PM

So much irony in one comment. LOL.

Poor little thing.

HumpBot Salvation on May 20, 2013 at 5:22 PM

Either present the proof that you claim to have or die.

Monkeytoe on May 20, 2013 at 5:22 PM

That was supposed to be FOA die.

Monkeytoe on May 20, 2013 at 5:23 PM

Del Dolemonte

Are you outside?

Capitalist Hog on May 20, 2013 at 5:24 PM

Either present the proof that you claim to have or die.

Monkeytoe on May 20, 2013 at 5:22 PM

Really? You’re threatening to kill me? Um, time to contact the police.

Capitalist Hog on May 20, 2013 at 5:25 PM

So much irony in one comment. LOL.

Poor little thing.

HumpBot Salvation on May 20, 2013 at 5:22 PM

The funniest thing is that CH likely believes he is making logical, well-reasoned points. That’s what always makes me laugh about these low-intellect trolls.

Monkeytoe on May 20, 2013 at 5:26 PM

Really? You’re threatening to kill me? Um, time to contact the police.

Capitalist Hog on May 20, 2013 at 5:25 PM

If you read down farther, I correct that comment. It was meant to read “FOA die” – which stands for an old saying “F*** off and die”. It is not a threat. More of a wish.

Monkeytoe on May 20, 2013 at 5:27 PM

Monkeytoe on May 20, 2013 at 5:26 PM

And that’s why I refer to it as Marxist Hog.

nobar on May 20, 2013 at 5:27 PM

Monkeytoe on May 20, 2013 at 5:26 PM

It’s phreaking hilarious watching the little paulbot spin himself into the ground.

HumpBot Salvation on May 20, 2013 at 5:27 PM

Monkeytoe on May 20, 2013 at 5:26 PM

You need to stop invoking my username now. You are way out of bounds with your threat.

Capitalist Hog on May 20, 2013 at 5:28 PM

Capitalist Hog on May 20, 2013 at 5:16 PM

I’ve rejected evidence you haven’t presented? Well, if it’s evidence you wouldn’t hesitate in offering it instead of repeating your unsubstantiated lie and complaining that no one is believing the awesome evidence your holding back.

But, please, present your evidence. I’d love to see it. Really.

gwelf on May 20, 2013 at 5:29 PM

INSANITY WOLF!

tom daschle concerned on May 20, 2013 at 5:30 PM

Monkeytoe on May 20, 2013 at 5:27 PM

You know what? I’ll extend this courtesy, once. You’ve obviously violated Hot Air TOS. You need to apologize, period.

Capitalist Hog on May 20, 2013 at 5:30 PM

HumpBot Salvation on May 20, 2013 at 5:27 PM

I love how its refusal to provide the alleged objective evidence of the Tea Party’s racism has now become a righteous stand that CH is taking. In an effort to dig itself out of the whole created by its claims of such evidence, it is now arguing about why it will not present the evidence because its feelings were hurt or something.

Monkeytoe on May 20, 2013 at 5:31 PM

Capitalist Hog on May 20, 2013 at 5:28 PM

Report away crybaby. I have no fear.

Monkeytoe on May 20, 2013 at 5:31 PM

Capitalist Hog,

I am truly sorry that you are an a**hat and that I offended you by proving how much of an A**hat you are.

Monkeytoe on May 20, 2013 at 5:32 PM

Monkeytoe on May 20, 2013 at 5:31 PM

Our demand for evidence is proof that we’re not ready to accept or understand the evidence. Aside from being an expert lawyer Hog is also a Zen master.

gwelf on May 20, 2013 at 5:32 PM

Capitalist Hog on May 20, 2013 at 5:30 PM

LOL..wow you’re a puzzy and an idiot. That’s a shocker.

HumpBot Salvation on May 20, 2013 at 5:33 PM

Hog: Tea Part is racist!

Monkeytoe: Prove it

Hog: UR stoopid!

Monkeytoe: screw you

Hog: Waaaaaah, mommy!

gwelf on May 20, 2013 at 5:34 PM

LOL..wow you’re a puzzy and an idiot. That’s a shocker.

HumpBot Salvation on May 20, 2013 at 5:33 PM

What’s a “puzzy?” Is that the word used by cowards unwilling to use real words? That kind of “puzzy?”

You clown. You don’t even respect HotAir.com enough to reject violence? You’re scum.

Capitalist Hog on May 20, 2013 at 5:37 PM

Del Dolemonte

Are you outside?

Capitalist Hog on May 20, 2013 at 5:24 PM

No, I am living rent-free next to your 2 remaining brain cells.

Thanks for admitting you have no credible and multi-sourced evidence that the Tea Party is comprised of racist bigots.

A+

Del Dolemonte on May 20, 2013 at 5:38 PM

Well, that one went completely off the rails. Howling about threats after doing searches on other posters. My goodness.

CurtZHP on May 20, 2013 at 5:40 PM

Del Dolemonte on May 20, 2013 at 5:38 PM

My preferred phrase is “Tea Party extremist.” Also, I believe there is much more ethnic, religious and anti-gay bigotry than outright racism. I’m sure that’s the saving grace for many.

I was asking about your location wondering if you were near a mirror. Find one; there’s a bigot.

Capitalist Hog on May 20, 2013 at 5:40 PM

Every one of you lames has called for people you don’t like to be banned. I didn’t do that.

If any one of you was threatened by me you would all be calling for ban. Cowards.

Capitalist Hog on May 20, 2013 at 5:43 PM

Del Dolemonte on May 20, 2013 at 5:38 PM

Capitalist Hog on May 20, 2013 at 5:40 PM

Accusing me of bigotry with absolutely no evidence? How amusing. Isn’t that profiling?

Please credibly prove my bigotry. Using my own words here at Hot Gas.

(Starts another sundial).

Del Dolemonte on May 20, 2013 at 5:43 PM

Cowards. If this keeps up, I’m going to take my toy ball and go home.

Capitalist Hog on May 20, 2013 at 5:43 PM

Fixed.

Del Dolemonte on May 20, 2013 at 5:44 PM

Money Pig is a troll that takes every comment personally. It may be caused by a personality disorder. Best ignored.

Mimzey on May 20, 2013 at 5:44 PM

Capitalist Hog on May 20, 2013 at 5:37 PM

LOL. “What’s a “puzzy”.

Why am I not surprised? LOL.

Nobody threatened you teapot. You run your mouth like an idiot and then whine like a little baby. Typical leftard.

HumpBot Salvation on May 20, 2013 at 5:53 PM

Capitalist Hog on May 20, 2013 at 5:40 PM

Extremist huh? So thinking that spending 1 trillion a year you don’t have is extreme? Not putting your full faith in the federal government to run 1/6th of the economy and your healthcare is extreme?

It’s interesting to see liberals be confronted with arguments about the proper role of the federal government in society and the liberals resorting to name calling about racists, bigots, homophobes and all the rest. You come across as having no actual principled argument to make.

You’re like our local Chris Matthews.

gwelf on May 20, 2013 at 5:53 PM

Best ignored.

Mimzey on May 20, 2013 at 5:44 PM

FAIL! Next.

Capitalist Hog on May 20, 2013 at 5:58 PM

Soa gain it’s a thread about MIA LOVE…not that poor deluded, illogical troll Hawg…..I really don’t think s/he’s deluded, s/he just wants to get some attention and divert the thread onto “The TEA Party”…s/he’s not really worth that.

JFKY on May 20, 2013 at 6:06 PM

Every one of you lames has called for people you don’t like to be banned.

Capitalist Hog on May 20, 2013 at 5:43 PM

I haven’t called for anyone here to be banned. And I have been at Hot Gas since Captain Ed came over from Captain’s Quarters.

I don’t want people like you banned, because you perfectly illustrate the Low-IQ state of the 2013 Democrat Party, the Party that won the 2012 Presidential Election by losing the vote of college graduates and increasing its share of the high school dropout vote to 80% (and even higher in some Blue States like PA).

Keep up the good work! Just how much is Soros paying you, BTW?

Del Dolemonte on May 20, 2013 at 6:09 PM

I am compelled to reply to the merits of this comment. Please pardon this diversion; I will commence a-holery soon.

You make a good point. You make the only point worth making. Oh, If all of Big Gov was Little Gov.

Additionally I will concede that TP activism is the only reason there is any regard given by the current administration to our once-growing deficit. TP activism was the catalyst to curbed government waste.

Obamacare was meant to be ground cover for an expanded government spending base not limited to health-care. TP activism quashed that hope. Obamacare was the perfect target. Medical costs are still rising as a result of America’s most overwrought fed mandate in history.

Unfortunately, that does not preclude Tea Party extremists from being the face of the movement.

Capitalist Hog on May 20, 2013 at 6:09 PM

JFKY on May 20, 2013 at 6:06 PM

You spelled “Hey, look at me!” wrong.

Capitalist Hog on May 20, 2013 at 6:10 PM

Did an Attention-Wh0re just troll? Again?

JFKY on May 20, 2013 at 6:11 PM

Yet another thread hijacked. If the moderators think this sort of drama is the reason people read this site, they are wrong.

Madisonian on May 20, 2013 at 6:15 PM

Del Dolemonte on anyday

All I can ask is that you take it as well as you give it.

Hats off in that regard. Methinks this jar has too many fireflies now. See you next thread.

Capitalist Hog on May 20, 2013 at 6:24 PM

Capitalist Hog on May 20, 2013 at 6:24 PM

Attention-wh0re, hi-jackers don’t like being called out…off to try it again with new “Phish”.

JFKY on May 20, 2013 at 6:27 PM

Methinks this jar has too many fireflies now. See you next thread.

Capitalist Hog on May 20, 2013 at 6:24 PM

Cowards. If this keeps up, I’m going to take my toy ball and go home.

Capitalist Hog on May 20, 2013 at 5:43 PM

So you admit that

1. You cannot prove the Tea Party is racist or bigoted, and

2. You cannot prove that I am personally a racist or a bigot.

E+

Del Dolemonte on May 20, 2013 at 6:43 PM

I said it before the Attention-Wh0re blundered in…this is Mia’s last chance. I’ll be glad to send her money, one more time, but if she can’t win this time, she needs to accept that it’s not happening.

JFKY on May 20, 2013 at 7:21 PM

…TPers collectively address and treat women.

Capitalist Hog on May 20, 2013 at 3:47 PM

Does this guy contribute anything remotely positive to this forum?

Another thread, ruined.

MikeknaJ on May 20, 2013 at 8:26 PM

Madisonian on May 20, 2013 at 6:15 PM

^ Yes this.

MikeknaJ on May 20, 2013 at 8:26 PM

Madisonian on May 20, 2013 at 6:15 PM

I could not agree more. It is ridiculous.

fegerter on May 20, 2013 at 9:19 PM

I was amazed that Mia Love didn’t win in 2012. I loved her myself.

In fact, I was surprised that Tea Party in general didn’t have more effect on the 2012 election.

I’m starting to get what happened though: It turns out that Tea Party organizations were intimidated and their donations suppressed by the IRS. There were lots and lots of dirty tricks going on. And it’s still happening.

Burke on May 20, 2013 at 9:38 PM

Capitalist Hog on May 20, 2013 at 5:40 PM

Ahh, so there goes the self-righteous claim that the Tea Party is so obviously racist that there is a plethora of objective evidence proving it that only the blind could not see.

Instead, after being challenged to come forth with such evidence, the idiot changes the claim to “I believe there is . . . . bigotry” rather than “outright racism”.

Of course, I again challenge you to provide evidence to back your your belief.

Otherwise, you are simply making an assertion without any evidence based on nothing more than your wish that it were so.

the reality, as always, is a) the left cannot create an argument to rebut conservative arguments and so must resort to childish attempts to discredit the person(s) making the argument (which does not rebut the argument, by the way) and b) the left is inherently racist, and thus projects racism onto everyone else.

I’m glad we cleared this all up. It only took the idiotHog a few hours to admit he lied about evidence existing proving the Tea Party racist. Let’s see how long before s/he admits there is no evidence supporting her “belief” that there is bigotry in the Tea Party.

Probably longer, because these delusions of the left are difficult for them to quit.

Monkeytoe on May 21, 2013 at 8:41 AM

Capitalist Hog on May 20, 2013 at 5:40 PM

Also, please cite the positions taken by any Tea Party that you consider “extreme”.

I hear this a lot about the Tea Party being extreme. I have yet to see the position taken by any Tea Party group that is “extreme”.

Is wanting lower taxes “extreme”?

is wanting the gov’t to spend less “extreme”?

Is wanting a smaller gov’t “extreme”?

Is supporting the U.S. Constitution “extreme”?

I’m sure a leftist would argue that such positions are “extreme”, but any reasonable person would not find such positions extreme. (nor, by the way, are any of those positions racist or bigoted).

Calling something “extreme” is again the left’s way to attempt to discredit someone making an argument they don’t like because the left is unable to actually rebut the argument itself. The left believes that if they kill the messenger, the message will die. That is not so.

Monkeytoe on May 21, 2013 at 8:46 AM

Madisonian on May 20, 2013 at 6:15 PM

^ Yes this.

MikeknaJ on May 20, 2013 at 8:26 PM

As someone who engaged the troll on this thread, I understand the concern over threadjacking. But in this particular case, how much more could really be said about Mia Love announcing? Particularly this far out from the actual start of the campaign? I’m not sure there was much more to say about Mia running. We’re all glad she’s running and wish her the best. She is a rising conservative star. but, what else to say right now?

And, sometimes its fun to play whack-a-mole with a troll.

Monkeytoe on May 21, 2013 at 8:50 AM

God bless Mia Love.

Fleuries on May 21, 2013 at 9:12 AM

Capitalist Hog on May 20, 2013 at 5:43 PM

No, you called many of us racists to our face… and when asked to prove it, you kept calling us names. Yes, I consider myself a TEA Party member and attended two rallies in 2010.

I take particular offense to your claim of racism since my sister is married to a black man who is like a brother to me. And my nieces are wonderful. So you can imagine how your venom is a slap in the face to me.

I submit that you appear mentally unstable and need to take a chill-pill. I know that you are trying to paint others as violent, but it’s your responses that would have me worried if I were ever to meet you face to face.

You are a bully and a liar. A bully for continual namecalling, and a liar for advancing an argument that you cannot back up. You have engaged in slander, and have been caught. Someone of integrity would acknowledge what they have done, and would apologize. Since you started it, you can end it. Your response will be your testimony for your level of integrity. And all here will be able to observe it fairly.

dominigan on May 21, 2013 at 10:51 AM

Capitalist Hog on May 20, 2013 at 5:43 PM

Plus, I never threatened him, as I made quite clear. He’s just looking to play the victim since his “arguments” (he never really made any arguments, all she did was cast aspersions) were utterly destroyed.

Monkeytoe on May 21, 2013 at 11:14 AM

Can we expect a similar MKH announcement cover for all 435 House Republican candidates or will it be limited to only those that are minorities?

Carnac on May 21, 2013 at 11:28 AM

Just gimme the Love 2014!!!!

SmallGovtGuy on May 21, 2013 at 11:04 PM