Quotes of the day

posted at 8:01 pm on May 19, 2013 by Allahpundit

As could be expected, the folks in the [IRS] determinations unit on Main Street have had trouble concentrating this week. Number crunchers, whose work is nonpolitical, don’t necessarily enjoy the spotlight, especially when the media and the public assume they’re engaged in partisan villainy.

“We’re not political,’’ said one determinations staffer in khakis as he left work late Tuesday afternoon. “We people on the local level are doing what we are supposed to do. . . . That’s why there are so many people here who are flustered. Everything comes from the top. We don’t have any authority to make those decisions without someone signing off on them. There has to be a directive.”

***

Pfeiffer denied that there was any influence from the White House.

“But don’t take my word for it,” he continued. “Take the word of the independent inspector general, who said that he found no evidence that there was any influence from anywhere outside of the IRS.”

Pfeiffer also said the White House had not seen the inspector general’s report last week detailing the IRS scandal until its release…

“We are going to work with Congress, as the president said, in legitimate oversight,” Pfeiffer said. “What we’re not going to participate in is partisan fishing expeditions designed to distract from the real issues at hand.”

***

With the White House slashing its way through the recent brush of controversy, the president is putting out the message that he’s focused on the economy as the administration enters another week of hearings on Capitol Hill…

His chief of staff, Denis McDonough, is telling White House staff to devote no more than 10% of their time to the controversies involving the Internal Revenue Service, the Justice Department and the terror attack in Benghazi, Libya, a Democrat aware of McDonough’s instructions confirmed to CNN…

Clearly there are no time cards floating around but the message was conveyed that the White House needs to focus on its jobs agenda and not get knocked off course by the rest.

***

Just four months after his second inauguration, the president is buffeted by gushing investigations, smug and deranged Republicans, and cat-who-ate-the-canary conspiracists. The man who promised in 2008 to make government cool again is instead batting away charges that he has made government “Nixonian” again…

It turns out that Treasury officials knew during the 2012 campaign that an investigation into the targeting was going on. But, enhancing his image as a stranger in a strange land, the president said he learned about it from news reports on May 10. Then he waited three days to descend from the mountain and express outrage…

The president should try candid; wistful and petulant aren’t getting him anywhere. The Republicans who are putting partisan gain above solving the country’s problems deserve a smackdown.

***

President Obama’s professed ignorance of the targeting of conservatives by one government agency and his support of tracking journalists’ sources by another highlight one of the great paradoxes of his presidency: Sometimes he uses his office as aggressively as anyone who’s held it; other times he seems unacquainted with the work of his own administration.

The controversies over the Internal Revenue Service’s scrutiny of tea party and other conservative groups and the Justice Department’s surveillance of Associated Press journalists are only the latest examples of Obama’s a la carte governing style…

Aides say it was an unfortunate coincidence that two controversies erupted simultaneously in areas that do not necessarily fall under Obama’s direct power. Yet that reality also may have effectively shielded Obama from learning about red flags that arise beyond the bubble of the Oval Office.

“It’s one thing for the president to make sure he doesn’t say or do anything that might undermine the independence of agencies like the Justice Department or the IRS,” Tribe said. “It’s quite another for the president to insulate himself to a degree that creates the false public impression of disinterest or indifference.”

***

Some of his wounds are self-inflicted. For five years the Obama administration has displayed a destructive tendency to try to have it both ways. In a press conference Thursday, the president did so again.

In lawyerly responses, Obama said he supported journalists’ constitutional right to report but stood by the fact that his administration has carried out more criminal leak investigations than all previous administrations combined . He called for the ouster of Syrian President Bashar al-Assad but prevaricated on how the United States would respond to apparent Syrian government chemical weapons attacks.

Obama came into office promising openness – but from counter-terrorism to domestic policy, his White House has been secretive, insular and controlling.

***

Yes, the various scandals have been politicized this week. That’s the American we live in today, but even among Obama voters, there should be genuine disappointment. This not the President Obama we voted for, not even close…

[T]his week was one head-shaking moment too many for me, and it appears from the president’s sinking approval rating that others – including some who gave Obama a real chance – are with me. As a registered Republican, I thought long and hard about whether to vote for Obama, but I crossed party lines, as did many of my young peers. I wanted a more transparent and accountable government. I wanted America to make a very different statement after the Bush years.

Yet even setting aside Benghazi and the IRS conservative targeting ordeal, which is a big set aside considering reports now suggest that officials in Washington were very much involved, there’s still plenty that makes Obama’s presidency eerily reminiscent of the Bush administration, especially when it comes to these “trust us, this is in the name of national security” kind of statements…

This isn’t the president so many took to the streets to cheer on in 2008. And the blame for that can’t be placed solely on partisan politics or the media’s thirst for a good scandal.

***

The same goes for much, but not all, of what the federal government does today. Should a president be worrying about security at diplomatic posts in violent countries? Absolutely. National security is one of the federal government’s core functions.

Should a president be worrying about whether or not taxpayer dollars are properly invested in the right energy companies? Not so much.

The myriad scandals currently drowning the White House are not just an indictment of Obama’s leadership. They are, more importantly, an indictment of the liberal view of an expansive federal government.

The American people simply have too little control over the federal bureaucracy to trust that it will properly manage large sectors of the economy like health care, education or agriculture.

***

GEORGE WILL: Big government. The best construction on the IRS scandal is big government is impossible to monitor. That’s the lesson of this.

RON FOURNIER: But any government has to be trusted.

WILL: Any government has to be trusted. But the bigger the government gets, the bigger the distrust ought to be and will be.

***

“This is big-government cronyism.”

***

While the Internal Revenue Service maintains it was not focusing on conservative groups out of political bias, Sen. Rand Paul claimed Sunday there was a “written policy” floating around the agency that said IRS officials were “targeting people who were opposed to the president.”

“And when that comes forward, we need to know who wrote the policy and who approved the policy,” the Republican senator from Kentucky said on CNN’s “State of the Union.”

Pressed for more precise details about the memo he was referring to, Paul said he hasn’t seen such a policy statement but has heard about it.

“Well, we keep hearing the reports and we have several specifically worded items saying who was being targeted. In fact, one of the bullet points says those who are critical of the president. So I don’t know if that comes from a policy, but that’s what’s being reported in the press and reported orally,” he told CNN’s chief political correspondent Candy Crowley. “I haven’t seen a policy statement, but I think we need to see that.”

***

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3 4 5

Do you disagree with the what I said, which is giving them the attention that they want? They certainly aren’t here to learn anything or to change their minds.

kim roy on May 19, 2013 at 10:43 PM

I honestly don’t even think of the troll. It’s not about the troll.

Besides, engaging a troll isn’t required . . . Star Trek’s on FX . . . and I usually just scroll past now. I’m not an enforcer anymore. I can just understand enforcement, and why.

I love this bit. It’s mindless. The bar fight. But then, Pike says, “Your father was captain of a starship for twelve minutes. He saved 800 lives, including your mothers. And yours. I dare you to do better.”

Axe on May 19, 2013 at 10:57 PM

Axe on May 19, 2013 at 10:51 PM

And, as you correctly noted above, the primary point of my post wasn’t really about socon turnout. It was about those like Stevie that didn’t vote and have lived another day to bytch and moan about Obama, of who’s extended tenure, they did nothing. We’ve heard constantly about people who either didn’t vote or did vote but knew many people that stayed home. We’ve read it constantly on this threads. Then, we have people like Honda, who voted for Obama, and are bytching about him.

If I had not voted at all, then I would have no right to complain. At least, I tried.

Resist We Much on May 19, 2013 at 10:57 PM

Red white & blue house looks pretty good.

Totally dig it.

wolly4321 on May 19, 2013 at 10:59 PM

HotAirLib on May 19, 2013 at 9:47 PM

I thought we was troolcottin Special A?

arnold ziffel on May 19, 2013 at 11:00 PM

RWM,

I don’t think Rush understands social cons. His brother does. Gary Bauer has more credibility. His column is the only one I’ve seen of that nature. Everything else I’ve read agreed with Sekulow. And I think I read things some time later when the dust settled.

Axe,

We all have to deal with friendly fire here. Sometimes we deal with unfriendly and friendly at the same time. When social cons take a stand on an issue, they are certainly not strangers to constant bombardment.

INC on May 19, 2013 at 11:00 PM

There are oodles of links on the internet. It is the operating premise from people from Rush Limbaugh to the GOP that 3-4 million conservatives stayed home with the overwhelming number of them being social conservatives.

Survey: Evangelical Voters for Romney Overshadowed by Youth, Minorities for Obama

“Evangelicals turned out in record numbers and voted as heavily for Mitt Romney yesterday as they did for George W. Bush in 2004,” said Ralph Reed, chairman of Faith and Freedom Coalition. “That is an astonishing outcome that few would have predicted even a few months ago. But Romney underperformed with younger voters and minorities and that in the end made the difference for Obama.”

I am a SoCon, and eagerly voted for Romney, as did every SoCon I know.

kakypat on May 19, 2013 at 11:01 PM

The only way Obama won re-election in 2012 was:

1. All his thuggery about faux employment stats, war on women b/s, gays and his new outing, IRS audits, Benghazi coverups and etc.

2. The Ron Paulites.

3. All the others, whoever they are, but were not for Obama, staying home and pouting, or waiting for perfection, or being absolutely principled.

4. Romney being the RINO’s choice, and Mitt and company’s stupidity.

5. Media Obama shit-consumers

In any event, they/you all, together, kept this narcissistic nobody of a fool who’ll always be no more/less than a 1%r, ranting against such, hating on the middle class and all honest producers. He’s never produced anything in all his life. He hates producers and honest people. He hates America and her constitution.

May he fluke all who brung/kept him into oblivion, never to redeem. I don’t care if he makes the US into Somalia. She’s already no longer a society of laws. He saw to that. Holder is his perfect capo. Hillary will be thrown under the bus by him, if she runs. He wants D. Patrick or such, as a front.

It’s fun to watch because it’s self-inflicted.

Schadenfreude on May 19, 2013 at 11:02 PM

Red white & blue house looks pretty good.

Totally dig it.

wolly4321 on May 19, 2013 at 10:59 PM

They’ll be audited, forever.

Schadenfreude on May 19, 2013 at 11:05 PM

INC on May 19, 2013 at 11:00 PM

. . . doesn’t mean i have to like it. :)

*Cookie*

Axe on May 19, 2013 at 11:06 PM

Schadenfreude on May 19, 2013 at 11:05 PM

Some months ago, you told me how to do the linky thing. Thank you so much! ;o)

kakypat on May 19, 2013 at 11:07 PM

John McCain,
Hussein’s left hand man,
doing the job Hussein’s left hand would do for Hussein !!

burrata on May 19, 2013 at 9:40 PM

Mrs. burrata, that pos is his left, right and several other orifice’s go to guy.

arnold ziffel on May 19, 2013 at 11:08 PM

Your Liar in Chief, who’s never worked a day in his life.

Schadenfreude on May 19, 2013 at 11:09 PM

kakypat on May 19, 2013 at 11:07 PM

You’re welcome. Good to see you around. Cheers!

Schadenfreude on May 19, 2013 at 11:09 PM

traffic

jrsrigmvr on May 19, 2013 at 11:10 PM

We all have to deal with friendly fire here.

INC on May 19, 2013 at 11:00 PM

Schadenfreude on May 19, 2013 at 11:10 PM

TrollCott will be easier if we have a jamboree.

Axe will make the costumes.

SparkPlug on May 19, 2013 at 11:12 PM

Ok the conga line starts

here —>_____

SparkPlug on May 19, 2013 at 11:13 PM

Axe, I don’t like it either.

INC on May 19, 2013 at 11:13 PM

Yikes did anyone see Prince perform at the end of some music awards on tonight?

Brat on May 19, 2013 at 11:13 PM

Axe, I don’t like it either.

INC on May 19, 2013 at 11:13 PM

I love it :)

Schadenfreude on May 19, 2013 at 11:13 PM

Sparky, sounds like a good idea.

INC on May 19, 2013 at 11:14 PM

We all have to deal with friendly fire here.

INC on May 19, 2013 at 11:00 PM

Fires are disallowed. I don’t want to have to impose Marshall Law.

If you just want to make some smores you can have a friendly fire.

Axe will bring the HarshMellows.

SparkPlug on May 19, 2013 at 11:14 PM

Resist We Much on May 19, 2013 at 10:57 PM

love me some stevie

stevie

jrsrigmvr on May 19, 2013 at 11:15 PM

I’m not even really sure what a social con is.

Is it when I have a position and vote against my general best interest on a single issue?

I have lines in the sand.

Killing babies and taking my guns. Those are my lines.

Am I a “socon”

wolly4321 on May 19, 2013 at 11:15 PM

Sparky, sounds like a good idea.

INC on May 19, 2013 at 11:14 PM

Yep, jamboree is the ticket.

The walk-a-thong didn’t turn out so well. The ladies were too shy.

Axe got his back from the dry cleaners just in time. So there is that.

SparkPlug on May 19, 2013 at 11:17 PM

Well if we can’t have a jamboree we can have a noisy cerebration.

SparkPlug on May 19, 2013 at 11:19 PM

This idiot just woke up. Good morning, dumb woman.

Read it this morning but AP posted it, above. Schools aren’t what they used to be. PC will make all stupid, then kill all.

Schadenfreude on May 19, 2013 at 11:20 PM

Am I a “socon”

wolly4321 on May 19, 2013 at 11:15 PM

It doesn’t matter. That was NOT the point of my post.

If someone, say Steve Angell, stays home because they are waiting for perfection – as Schad correctly put it, then they FORFEIT their right to bytch.

THAT WAS AND IS THE POINT.

This whole topic is tiring.

And, yes, INC, I will omit that part of my post next time since it obviously derails a thread.

Resist We Much on May 19, 2013 at 11:20 PM

SparkPlug on May 19, 2013 at 11:14 PM

How many puns can you cram into one comment?

INC on May 19, 2013 at 11:20 PM

sure hope chrissy and jackie are ok. the storms are in their area.

Fred

jrsrigmvr on May 19, 2013 at 11:22 PM

Great essay at American Thinker written by a Vet.

Excerpt:

” We few, we happy few, we band of brothers;
For he to-day that sheds his blood with me shall be my brother

That’s the response of police to the potential loss of a comrade. So too is the response of every member of the military when told one of their own is in jeopardy.

So is an order to “Stand down” (or in the latest iteration of nonsense from the White House, “not go”) because of the risk believable?

Not likely.

What the administration fails to understand is that Americans will forgive a failed attempt to save the lives of Americans. We see people die every day in this country trying to save someone else who is drowning. We see ordinary people take risks just to help another human being. That is part of the American personality. It is part of the American culture. That is part of being American.

Apparently those creatures in the White House have failed to learn these things.

Perhaps this scandal will help them learn that although Americans will forgive a failed attempt to save lives, they will never forgive a failure to make that attempt…”

Jim Yardley is a retired financial controller for manufacturing firms, a Vietnam veteran and an independent voter.

Read more: http://www.americanthinker.com/2013/05/two_words.html#ixzz2Tnc82Fxk

workingclass artist on May 19, 2013 at 11:22 PM

Henceforth, the post shall read thusly:

. . . stayed home in November…a$$holes like Steve Angell. Do any of you believe that I liked voting against Obama by voting for the nominee of YOUR party?

At least, I tried to oust Obama. If you didn’t go vote in November (yeah, I’m looking at you, Stevie, and people just like you), kindly S T F U for the next 4 years. You FORFEITED your right to bytch . . .

Resist We Much on March 26, 2013 at 10:59 PM

I stand by the above as much as I did when I wrote it.

Resist We Much on May 19, 2013 at 11:22 PM

Axe will bring the HarshMellows.

SparkPlug on May 19, 2013 at 11:14 PM

I’ll have no harsh products. :)

That smell is fear.

I love it :)

Schadenfreude on May 19, 2013 at 11:13 PM

*whew*

Axe on May 19, 2013 at 11:22 PM

SparkPlug on May 19, 2013 at 11:14 PM

How many puns can you cram into one comment?

INC on May 19, 2013 at 11:20 PM

hehe. Only Schad’s brain knows the answer to that one.

SparkPlug on May 19, 2013 at 11:23 PM

Resist We Much on May 19, 2013 at 11:22 PM

I can get behind that.

KCB on May 19, 2013 at 11:25 PM

I stand by the above as much as I did when I wrote it.

Resist We Much on May 19, 2013 at 11:22 PM

I’ll stand with you.

Sorry for the shaking. But I’ll stand there, whether or no.

Axe on May 19, 2013 at 11:26 PM

Maybe I stated it poorly. I was agreeing with you.

wolly4321 on May 19, 2013 at 11:27 PM

How many puns can you cram into one comment?

INC on May 19, 2013 at 11:20 PM

The question is “Who is the supreme Punmeister of HA?”

Our beloved Sparky!

Schadenfreude on May 19, 2013 at 11:27 PM

sure hope chrissy and jackie are ok. the storms are in their area.

Fred

jrsrigmvr on May 19, 2013 at 11:22 PM

Jackie is fine. She’s been working, thinks well of the “Gladians” often, and is arranging things to take some time off. :)

But she’s doing very well, and frankly kicking real-world ass. :)

Axe on May 19, 2013 at 11:27 PM

Feels weird tonight…Even more than usual.

KCB on May 19, 2013 at 11:28 PM

I stand by the above as much as I did when I wrote it.

Resist We Much on May 19, 2013 at 11:22 PM

And as each month progresses your wisdom and beauty never cease to amaze. Like a fine wine, you just get better. You want me to make you a sammich?

arnold ziffel on May 19, 2013 at 11:30 PM

Here is the Oxymoron in Chief, the Working President.

Schadenfreude on May 19, 2013 at 11:30 PM

canopfor on May 19, 2013 at 9:13 PM

Thanks for the links

Those storms are wicked into OK,Kansas,Miss and up into Iowa

workingclass artist on May 19, 2013 at 10:48 PM

workingclass artist:Thank-you as well for the links.

Now this is spooky,EarthQuake in Luther OK.

Tornadoes Sweep Across Kansas, Oklahoma | KTLA 5ktla.com/2013/05/19/tornadoes-sweep-across-kansas-oklahoma/

4 hours ago – tornado. Tornadoes are spotted near Edmond, Luther, and Wellston, Oklahoma. A second confirmed tornado was seen near Edmond, …
============

1 Day, Magnitude 2.5+Updated:

2013-05-20 03:26:04

74 earthquakes

Downloads:atomcsvgeojsonkml2.9
11km ENE of Luther, Oklahoma
2013-05-19 21:46:35-04:00

canopfor on May 19, 2013 at 11:31 PM

Feels weird tonight…Even more than usual.

KCB on May 19, 2013 at 11:28 PM

Schadenfreude on May 19, 2013 at 11:31 PM

But she’s doing very well, and frankly kicking real-world ass. :)

Axe on May 19, 2013 at 11:27 PM

Kick ass, Jackie!

Schadenfreude on May 19, 2013 at 11:35 PM

KCB on May 19, 2013 at 11:28 PM

I have it on good authority that the end of time is not nigh, just a test run.

Fred

jrsrigmvr on May 19, 2013 at 11:35 PM

How many puns can you cram into one comment?

INC on May 19, 2013 at 11:20 PM

hehe. Only Schad’s brain knows the answer to that one.

SparkPlug on May 19, 2013 at 11:23 PM

Very puny

Schadenfreude on May 19, 2013 at 11:39 PM

Schadenfreude on May 19, 2013 at 11:09 PM

Why, thank you very kindly! ;o)

kakypat on May 19, 2013 at 11:39 PM

Resist We Much on March 26, 2013 at 10:59 PM

I am in total agreement, and will stand with you!

BTW, like you, I didn’t vote FOR Romney, but AGAINST Obama, and would do so, again. I’m not a Republican, either, but a conservative libertarian.

kakypat on May 19, 2013 at 11:42 PM

Feels weird tonight…Even more than usual.

KCB on May 19, 2013 at 11:28 PM

A strange energy has begun to waift around the ethereal space and it gets lodged inside the cracks and fissures and fills the lowland hollows.

Its a myst-like vapour, an essence wholly lacking in mirth.

SparkPlug on May 19, 2013 at 11:43 PM

Very puny

Schadenfreude on May 19, 2013 at 11:39 PM

Bwaah. Good one. NOT puny, punny.

Yo brain ain’t puny.

SparkPlug on May 19, 2013 at 11:45 PM

Otay Peeps,with all the Tornado spawning across
US of A,

SpaceWheather is also active:)

Night Everyone:)
================

Four, count ‘em, 4 X-class flares in two days (May 17, 2013)
************************************************************

A very energetic active region popped off four X-flares (largest class) in just two days…

===============================

CME IMPACT:
***********

The CME was propelled toward Earth on May 17th by an M3-class solar flare in the magnetic canopy of sunspot AR1748. SOHO took this picture of the CME racing away from the sun at 1500 km/s (3.4 million mph):

When is the best time to see auroras? Where is the best place to go? And how do you photograph them? These questions and more are answered in a new book, Northern Lights – a Guide, by Pal Brekke & Fredrik Broms.

CME IMPACT: A CME hit Earth’s magnetic field on May 19th at 2250 UT (3:50 PM PDT). Polar geomagnetic storms and high-latitude auroras are possible in the hours ahead. Stay tuned for updates. Aurora alerts: text, voice.

It was hurled into space by an M3-class solar flare in the magnetic canopy of sunspot AR1748. In the video, the CME appears to hit Mercury, but it does not. It is merely passing in front of the innermost planet. The planet in the line of fire is Earth.

AURORAS INVADE THE USA: A CME hit Earth’s magnetic field on May 18th at around 0100 UT. Although it was just a glancing blow, the impact was enough to spark a G1-class geomagnetic storm. In the United States, Northern Lights descended as far south as Pawnee Buttes, Colorado:

Monday May 20 2013

canopfor on May 19, 2013 at 11:48 PM

Hmmmm, just got done watching “Silver Linings Playbook” with the family. Great movie and absoloutely agree with Jennifer Lawrence’s receiving the Oscar for her performance.

Popped in, scanned this page of comments relating to friendly fire and trolls – I have three target groups for questions:

Commenters who constantly engage the trolls:

Step back, think about why you made the effort to join Hot Air and explain how that relates to the now constant troll engagement which dominates most posts. Is this constant grade school level name calling the reason you made the effort to join?

You’ve decided to “wrestle with the pigs” and turn this place into a pig sty. Do you not see your own debasement?

Commenters who do not engage the trolls:

Do you find yourself avoiding commenting? Are you reading fewer and fewer of the comments?

Editors – Ed, AP, MKH, Erica

Is letting this place turn into a conservative version of the Huffington Post increasing or decreasing your page hits?

Do YOU read all of these endless troll centered comments that are overtaking every aspect of this site?

Are you more or less happy with the comments being posted on your site than you were 6 months ago? A year ago? Four years ago?

PolAgnostic on May 19, 2013 at 11:48 PM

“Perhaps this [Benghazi] scandal will help them learn that although Americans will forgive a failed attempt to save lives, they will never forgive a failure to make that attempt…”

-Jim Yardley

Read more: http://www.americanthinker.com/2013/05/two_words.html#ixzz2Tnc82Fxk

workingclass artist on May 19, 2013 at 11:22 PM

Worth repeating until Hillary Clinton ends up in rehab.

Or prison.

profitsbeard on May 19, 2013 at 11:49 PM

Its a myst-like vapour, an essence wholly lacking in mirth.

SparkPlug on May 19, 2013 at 11:43 PM

Sometimes you are too deep, like an endless, vacuous plunging rip-tide, culminating in an ironic but platonic melding of fire and earth, and sophistry.

arnold ziffel on May 19, 2013 at 11:50 PM

Ricochet has an Obama Scandalbracket

“With so many White House scandals—and new ones popping up every day—how are average citizens supposed to keep track? Wouldn’t it be nice if Obama went on ESPN and mapped them all on a bracket?”

workingclass artist on May 19, 2013 at 11:50 PM

God, I hate the Left.

They create big government.

They then claim “the gov’t is too big for Obama to conrol”.

I only wish that stupidity would hurt. We’d need mufflers but it w/b soooo schadenfreudig to watch them scream in pain.

Schadenfreude on May 19, 2013 at 11:50 PM

Its a myst-like vapour, an essence wholly lacking in mirth.

SparkPlug on May 19, 2013 at 11:43 PM

. . . and the stars fade in the thickening sky? The man-kind wraps itself in a cold and darkening pall.

Axe on May 19, 2013 at 11:58 PM

Here’s a cheery one—never saw it done that way before.

arnold ziffel on May 19, 2013 at 11:58 PM

I wasn’t being snarky. Honestly, I don’t know what a socon is. I don’t know the exact definition.

What are the qualifacations?

I voted against dogeater. Simple choice. Fascist dictator or somebody else.

But I still care about dead babies. Kinda want that to stop.

wolly4321 on May 20, 2013 at 12:02 AM

…lurking

KOOLAID2 on May 20, 2013 at 12:06 AM

Calling all mirth-meisters. Get over here pronto. This thread is melancholy and pensive.

SparkPlug on May 20, 2013 at 12:07 AM

Its a myst-like vapour, an essence wholly lacking in mirth.

SparkPlug on May 19, 2013 at 11:43 PM

Like thees.

Like Annie’s fur suit?

arnold ziffel on May 20, 2013 at 12:07 AM

…lurking

KOOLAID2 on May 20, 2013 at 12:06 AM

Creepy. I’m lurking with you, but separately.

That’s even creepier.

Axe on May 20, 2013 at 12:08 AM

Depends on the weather. If it’s golfing weather, he’s gone for the day.

Wethal on May 19, 2013 at 8:32 PM

What was the weather on 9/11/12?

herm2416 on May 20, 2013 at 12:11 AM

Hey Ziff,

Hope this makes people get super-charged instead of stupor-charged.

SparkPlug on May 20, 2013 at 12:12 AM

SparkPlug on May 19, 2013 at 11:45 PM

Hah, indeed. What a difference the puniness of one “n” can make :)

You are punny.

Schadenfreude on May 20, 2013 at 12:13 AM

Oh, well – sonny, if want something mirthless – I would suggest “The Dead Flag Blues”:

The car is on fire, and there’s no driver at the wheel
And the sewers are all muddied with a thousand lonely suicides
And a dark wind blows

The government is corrupt
And we’re on so many drugs
With the radio on and the curtains drawn

We’re trapped in the belly of this horrible machine
And the machine is bleeding to death

The sun has fallen down
And the billboards are all leering
And the flags are all dead at the top of their poles

It went like this:

The buildings tumbled in on themselves
Mothers clutching babies
Picked through the rubble
And pulled out their hair

The skyline was beautiful on fire
All twisted metal stretching upwards
Everything washed in a thin orange haze

I said, “Kiss me, you’re beautiful -
These are truly the last days”

You grabbed my hand
And we fell into it
Like a daydream
Or a fever

We woke up one morning and fell a little further down
For sure it’s the valley of death

I open up my wallet
And it’s full of blood

williamg on May 20, 2013 at 12:13 AM

Trip out to this one. Sting – Desert Rose

SparkPlug on May 20, 2013 at 12:14 AM

Read more: http://www.americanthinker.com/2013/05/two_words.html#ixzz2Tnc82Fxk

workingclass artist on May 19, 2013 at 11:22 PM

Thanks for the link.
Panetta’s just grabbing for an excuse, but it’s sad to see what he thinks will work.

AesopFan on May 20, 2013 at 12:14 AM

Hope this makes people get super-charged instead of stupor-charged.

SparkPlug on May 20, 2013 at 12:12 AM

I like both of those guys, but they are odd ducks. Still would have liked to see that concert.

arnold ziffel on May 20, 2013 at 12:16 AM

They create big government.

They then claim “the gov’t is too big for Obama to conrol”.

Schadenfreude on May 19, 2013 at 11:50 PM

Leftists are not required to be logical.

AesopFan on May 20, 2013 at 12:17 AM

KOOLAID2 and Axe are lurking co-conspirators unwittingly.

Is that a sentence?

SparkPlug on May 20, 2013 at 12:17 AM

floyd – sorrow

seems strangely appropriate

Fred

jrsrigmvr on May 20, 2013 at 12:22 AM

Read more: http://www.americanthinker.com/2013/05/two_words.html#ixzz2Tnc82Fxk

workingclass artist on May 19, 2013 at 11:22 PM

“This is not 9-1-1. You cannot just simply call and expect within two minutes to have a team in place. It takes time,” Panetta said on CNN’s “State of the Union.”

How about twenty minutes, an hour, two—you worthless lib Marin county fuk. It’s their own people we are talking about—think how you other “folks” rate.

arnold ziffel on May 20, 2013 at 12:25 AM

This moment calls for a Dramatic Reading…….

“The Skyline was beautiful on fire….
All twisted metal stretching upwards….
Everything washed in a thin, orange haze…..”

williamg on May 20, 2013 at 12:33 AM

@axe
4 u

bazil9 on May 20, 2013 at 12:35 AM

Hey, B9…….where’s Scrumpy and Jackie and Sophie?

…..it’s all Dark in here………

williamg on May 20, 2013 at 12:37 AM

SparkPlug on May 20, 2013 at 12:17 AM

…think it’s time to TROLLCOT HotLips ? …think maybe so…can’t sing…can’t think…only wants to slap at the women here…and can’t give the rest of us a good blowjob…what good is it?

KOOLAID2 on May 20, 2013 at 12:37 AM

Monday May 20 2013

canopfor on May 19, 2013 at 11:48 PM

Damn ……. we’ve got overcast … : (

listens2glenn on May 20, 2013 at 12:40 AM

Hey, B9…….where’s Scrumpy and Jackie and Sophie?

…..it’s all Dark in here………

williamg on May 20, 2013 at 12:37 AM

I don’t know. They haven’t consulted with me yet.
Our meetings are at 11 AM
(cause Sophie sleeps in )

bazil9 on May 20, 2013 at 12:41 AM

Feels weird tonight…Even more than usual.

KCB on May 19, 2013 at 11:28 PM

Its a myst-like vapour, an essence wholly lacking in mirth.

SparkPlug on May 19, 2013 at 11:43 PM

Do you write children’s books, Spark’ ?

listens2glenn on May 20, 2013 at 12:43 AM

Just popping in to say Good Night!!

All is well here, tornadoes were off to the east and north of me.

Hope Jackie tho is safe, think she lives in direct line of these storms…

INC! Just read your wedding story and left a comment (:

As much as it grieves us all somtimes, it is better to leave the trolls be for a while, any long time readers will know their bull by now… just saying (:

Sparky: I happen to very much like Desert Rose!!

Fred: awesoe tunes as always (:

williamg: spinning up a storm of mellow!!

Axe: Wise as always :)

*hold up finger*

*laughs*

*puts away finger*

*grabs hand*

@b9

Axe on May 20, 2013 at 12:47 AM

(cause Sophie sleeps in )

bazil9 on May 20, 2013 at 12:41 AM

BWAHAHA — So true. Up with the crack of . . . brunch.

Axe on May 20, 2013 at 12:49 AM

I honestly don’t even think of the troll. It’s not about the troll.

Axe on May 19, 2013 at 10:57 PM

I’m just tired of pages of the same circular argument to morons that enjoy being morons. I don’t think I’m alone in that thought. *shrug*

Enjoy your movie. While I’m wondering about the sucker punches that may be in the movie (reading Ed’s review thread), I’m still going to go and hope I won’t feel too irritated afterwards. Lotsa things go boom – sometimes that’s all you can ask for.

;)

kim roy on May 20, 2013 at 12:49 AM

Scrumpy on May 20, 2013 at 12:43 AM

breathes sigh of relief nite chrissy

Adios: vaya con dios

Fred

jrsrigmvr on May 20, 2013 at 12:49 AM

I open up my wallet
And it’s full of blood

williamg on May 20, 2013 at 12:13 AM

so i see obamanomics hoit him too

renalin on May 20, 2013 at 12:50 AM

listens2glenn on May 20, 2013 at 12:43 AM

No, but I betcha I would be good at it. (:

I could impart to children an existential angst they don’t get from mere fairly tales. No I’d make it fun and silly.

Hey Scrumpy doddles just did a fly-by broom-bye.

SparkPlug on May 20, 2013 at 12:51 AM

Up with the crack of . . . brunch.

Axe on May 20, 2013 at 12:49 AM

lmao

bazil9 on May 20, 2013 at 12:53 AM

KOOLAID2 and Axe are lurking co-conspirators unwittingly.

Is that a sentence?

SparkPlug on May 20, 2013 at 12:17 AM

Only if you can define how to lurk a co-conspirator (wittingly or not).
Possible rephrase: KA2 and Axe are unwitting co-conspirators in lurking.

AesopFan on May 20, 2013 at 12:54 AM

Axe on May 20, 2013 at 12:47 AM

Weird bro.
I just had my own Def Lepp
marathon tonight. Funny you linked that.
Love it. Love their old stuff the most.
High N Dry & Pyromania is my fave by them.

bazil9 on May 20, 2013 at 12:56 AM

Actually it is a sentence, structurally, it just doesn’t make any sense, because “are lurking” is a verb-form that does not take an object.

AesopFan on May 20, 2013 at 12:57 AM

a co-conspirator (wittingly or not).
Possible rephrase: KA2 and Axe are unwitting co-conspirators in lurking.

AesopFan on May 20, 2013 at 12:54 AM

What?

Isn’t the verb are? So lurking is what they are, and co-conspirators they are too.

No? Teach me. I want to learn that thing you people do . . . what with the flapping and noise-making. :)

Axe on May 20, 2013 at 12:57 AM

“Those are boiling pots.”

Axe on May 20, 2013 at 1:01 AM

Dude..weird vibe here tonight.
Perhaps I missed something.

Sunday Blues?